Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

Story workplace

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Story workplace

Post by Sharaku on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:51 am

Cheers!

I've decided to do a little long-running project for myself outside of typical RPing, for improvement purposes. And perhaps also to write things that may never see the light of day in any plots. In addition to that, I'd like to work on getting better at my writing anyway.

So, I'll be making one-shot stories about my characters centered around various themes. This is what I'll need help with. To make the challenge more interesting, I want ideas from an outside source. That's what makes it more fun, isn't it?

To make it organized, I'll make le template for this.

Character: (Which of the offered characters would you like to be the star in the story?)
Prompt: (What should it be about? Can be anything. Give me one word to work with as a theme. Or a specific situation. Or even a reaction to something your characters have done. Your call.)
Word Count: (Feel free to request a minimum length. Makes more of a challenge if you do. Not necessary though.)
Extras: (Anything special outside of the basic stuff you'd like to see in it? Give a suggestion, and I'll try making it happen.)

Code:
[b]Character:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
[b]Word Count:[/b]
[b]Extras:[/b]

To start with, I'll only have two of my charaters participating in this. May add more later once I see how it goes. Say hello !

The Cast:

Phoenix
''Sup?''

Sharaku
''Why me...?''

Just post your ideas here. One at a time please. I'll post the finished product once it's done. Then you can give me another one : )
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Story workplace

Post by Sharaku on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:51 am

Story Archive

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:17 am

What a curious idea, but I like it. Improvement is always good even when I see what is done as perfect already. So we will indeed play and if you want you may give us challenges back. I might do a thing or two to place my characters on display later, but for now a prompt, yes?

Character: Sharaku
Prompt: A walk
Word Count: NA
Extras: You are with someone you truly care about.

Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Deshi wrote:What a curious idea, but I like it. Improvement is always good even when I see what is done as perfect already. So we will indeed play and if you want you may give us challenges back. I might do a thing or two to place my characters on display later, but for now a prompt, yes?

Prompt: A walk
Word Count: NA
Extras: You are with someone you truly care about.

Here you go ~ A short one to start with, but one nevertheless.
http://playgroun.forumotion.com/t5-fruity-walk#35
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:04 pm

(Note: This is an IC response and like Rika is pretty much me at the moment. Could not resist.)

Response to the story read:

Rika: *Looks around for more and then looks up at you.* T-that was it? But it was getting so good! *His eyes are feeling up with tears.*

Tamiki: *looks over at his brother with a raised eyebrow not understanding why this sort of stuff seems to mean so much to the guy. Even so he submits to putting in a request to perhaps halt the crying fit about to occur.* So sorry about this, but...

Prompt: Continue the walk from Fruity Walk.
Word Count: NA, but it has to be a bit longer than the last.
Extras: So like Rika wants to see the green eyed male who has Sharaku's interest. Pictures...er please. Also does he have a name?

Tamiki Mood: Calm
Rika Mood: Kind of demanding, but waiting to see if you'll comply.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:27 am

Deshi wrote:
Prompt: Continue the walk from Fruity Walk.
Word Count: NA, but it has to be a bit longer than the last.
Extras: So like Rika wants to see the green eyed male who has Sharaku's interest. Pictures...er please. Also does he have a name?

Have at it. It's more than double the lenght of the last one ~ Also complex story, because I had to.

http://playgroun.forumotion.com/t9-cotton-troubles#43
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Tamiki is out cold on the floor. I guess he ate too much or something. Anyway, his opinion doesn't matter much now, does it? XP

Rika: *Lays on floor, propping his head up with one hand. He brushes stray strands of out of his face with his other hand looking mildly annoyed with his hair for a moment before looking at you with a smile.* Thank you. <3 *He seems quite pleased with that.*

So I see Sharaku is just a bit slow in the love department. That is interesting and something I wish I had known long ago. It certainly would've changed how I approached the guy and maybe the love route wouldn't be so hard, but alas that time is over unless characters are reused. In any case, you say you are bad at mushy stuff, but I found that kind of heart-warming. Though I am curious of the complex back story for the pair. Maybe you'll share it with us one day, yes? Anyway, I need to give you another prompt don't we? This one isn't as complicated as the other, but....

Character: Phoenix
Prompt: React to this:

Rika walks up to you out of the blue and demands (in a nice way) that you come hang out with him at the arcade. Everything is going well until you two get in a competitive game of air hockey. You are losing and he is pretty much rubbing it in your face. What do you do?
Word Count: However many it takes.
Extras: The arcade is full of people, but Rika is jumping for joy and acting like a kid because he has beaten you once already and is now leading the game by 3 points. He is pretty confident he has the three out of three games in his pocket and that deal for losers to pay for lunch is about to be your burden to carry.

PS: Even though I have the shrine. You are welcome to toss prompts out the twins if you want to. I suppose I should make them available. >>;;

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Deshi wrote:

Character: Phoenix
Prompt: React to this:

Rika walks up to you out of the blue and demands (in a nice way) that you come hang out with him at the arcade. Everything is going well until you two get in a competitive game of air hockey. You are losing and he is pretty much rubbing it in your face. What do you do?
Word Count: However many it takes.
Extras: The arcade is full of people, but Rika is jumping for joy and acting like a kid because he has beaten you once already and is now leading the game by 3 points. He is pretty confident he has the three out of three games in his pocket and that deal for losers to pay for lunch is about to be your burden to carry.

PS: Even though I have the shrine. You are welcome to toss prompts out the twins if you want to. I suppose I should make them available. >>;;

Well, if you want to, maybe we could explore the concept you set up with this somehow? Iunno. I don't wanna clutter my own thread by tossing stuff at you here as well. Maybe make your own board too? Or just add it into your already existing one as a sub-thing XD

In any case, enjoy ~

http://playgroun.forumotion.com/t10-hockey-swindle#46
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Hehe. We were asking you in a not so clear manner to throw it in the Shrine. I fixed the issue so now there is a sub-board there so it won't ruin the initial idea for the place. XD

Also that was very nice; however, I would like to explore this dynamic a bit more elsewhere.  If I come up with another request, I'll give it to you.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonah Bradford on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Prompt: Playing video games with a potential future daughter/son.
Word Count: like you, I choose 600+ Words.
Extras: Any extras would be eating some snacks having the husband/wife come in as well. Anything to spice it up.
Jonah Bradford

View user profile http://newarcana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 pm

I am uncertain which characters you are using these days, so I'll stick with one I know you use. I have a exercise for you that I am simply calling the "One Word Challenge". Let's see if we can stir the creative pot, hmm? =)

Prompt: Make a story using this word as the theme: "Butterflies."
Word Count: I don't have a requirement cause honestly....I don't count very well when writing on my own.
Extras: The challenge is exactly what it says. Though I will admit I do not want short or boring. Put your creative juices to work and entertain us, won't you? <3
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:39 am

Woopsie, almost forgot about these. I'll work on it soon.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top