Top posting users this week
Sharaku

Rika

Lake Adventures

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lake Adventures

Post by Rika on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:27 pm

It would seem silence was a thing here. The pair would some times be able to hold a conversation on a topic while at other times silence became the dominate thing. It wasn’t that Tamiki couldn’t talk for long stretches of time. No, he could ramble on quite a bit if he wanted to; however, when the other party involved made no effort to continue a topic or showed no interest in what was being said, the dark hair male would find it quite hard to continue on topics or try to extend into something else when it appeared he was dealing with a wall of some form. It was true he could’ve read the situation wrong, but honestly who could blame him? While the taller male before him was indeed a piece of work, when he gave neutral expressions and said nothing, Tamiki found himself at a bit of a loss.

It wasn’t that he didn’t think the other wouldn’t talk or some nonsense like that. No. It was proven the man could talk well enough; however, what to talk about after coming out of rough waters like that was hard to figure out...even more so when the one before him was such a difficult creature to figure out. Maybe he just thought too hard on the matter and that is what hung him up. Or maybe he was just really that bad at come up topics to expand upon or to use where some other topic had fallen into the abyss of silence. It was definitely a strange state of being that kept the hot-head male rather quiet after the short comments were made and the other pretty much gave nothing else to chew on thus leaving him with his thoughts for now.

He honestly didn’t get how Rika could make conversation look so easy, but then again Rika didn’t do what he did constantly: Think, pick, and think some more. While it was true he was not much of a thinker when it came to flaring or fighting, when left in silences like this all he could do was think and worry about it all. It kept him wound up….and perhaps this thinking was part of the reason he was grumpy a lot of the time.  

He couldn’t not just think and it seemed he could take simple matters and make them complicated without realizing. You remember that proposal from two seconds ago about flaring? Yeah that one. It should’ve been a simple matter of explaining how he couldn’t flare on without a trigger and in turn a even simpler matter of determining what could be done to get the results the other sought; however, the matter ended up becoming something else entirely as the other gave him that strange look and then spoke. As he heard the words, his expression would start out calm enough, but by the end of it all he was annoyed once more.

“I asked what you wanted because you made the proposal so I thought you wanted something more specific for the end result. That is typically why a proposal is made, so both parties can come to an agreement on a matter, so naturally you are involved and considered in the equations.”

Tch! What the hell did this guy expect of him? Seriously. He understood that the other gave him permission to just be himself instead of reeling it back in, but at the same time he seemed to get peeved when he didn’t react in a certain way and approached calmly. One minute calm the fuck out, then the next minute no be yourself, and now….he was being over analytically? No. He wasn’t being any of those. He was fucking confused and peeved again! So now what?

Still steaming he would look off to the side shaking his head a bit, too frustrated for words at the moment. Yes, maybe little things like this shouldn’t bother him, but it just did. He didn’t exactly like going into circles himself...yet it seemed they kept circling around each other anyway. Maybe he should just lash out physically and get it over with. Maybe it would be less draining than whatever this was….It was tempting. So tempting that as he continued to stare off the side he would actually clench his left fist a bit to soothe urge to strike the other out of sheer frustration, but for now he did not act on the impulse.

It was curious really how they ended up on opposite pages all the time. When one was calm, the other was not and vice versa. Perhaps it was approach or perhaps it was personality....Whatever the case was no matter how one or the other tried to avoid clashes one came up anyway. It would make one wonder if they could ever get to a point where this didn’t occur as often. It was hard to say, but maybe if they both could figure out how to handle each other things would get better.

Regardless of how much that matter really got under his skin, he would eventually settle once more as the conversation shifted elsewhere.

“Hmmm..” Tamiki would shift a bit to rub his chin in thought for a moment. Well knowledge was useful and in the end understanding went a long way when it came to people. In fact it was a goal he aimed for himself, understanding people that is; however, unlike this one that made a study of it in a fashion, he just went with what his heart and gut told him was right. “Nah. I get what you are saying,” he would say before becoming quiet and hearing the rest. Ah that question. Okay. “Right now we are trying to focus on the arts - mainly animation, game design, and creative writing. It sounds all over the place, but works hand-in-hand. I guess fine arts is the best general term for it.” Golden orbs would look up at the other. “And you? You mentioned psychology. Is that part of your study?”

A small pry into what the other was actually aiming for with his schooling and after that? Well there was some silence before the conversation went back to helping. While he had shared his example and clarified it a bit, the other didn’t seem to answer right away and while maybe a more impatient person would pry, Tamiki did not as he looked away from the other and at the grass around him. Making sure no bug was going to be in his face or nearby to cause a scene, he would eventually let himself relax himself onto the ground fully using his arms as a pillow.

When the other spoke he would look over at him from his downed position.

“I guess so. Though I am curious...if you help why has it turned out negative for you more so than good? Most of the time people praise helping people out and speak about the wonderful benefits of it.” Though for himself, he didn’t always have the best of luck. It was true helping here and there did bring a calm to him in a way he could not explain, but it could also become a draining, depressing, or even frustrating ordeal when said person became a pain in the ass along the way. Some people could be ungrateful and make one consider not helping at all and question the worth of such an ordeal; however, from the few times he did perform the task he had more pros out weighing the cons keeping him open to the idea even if he was a bit cautious as to who he handed the aid to. In the end, it seems his rules were a bit looser than the others when it came to people. He was more open to more people, but made only a few real connections while the other was a bit more challenging to get to know. Indeed the dynamics were interesting to view. That matter aside though, the conversation would shift to secrets and not secrets. A topic that was by far easier to respond to than anything else they had been discussing.

“I suppose that depends on how you view the situation,” he would say as he gave a light shrug from his position on the ground. While he was listening, it had been proven multiple times during this whole ordeal that he wasn’t the best at translating the meaning of the words spoken by the other. Whether it was the way what was said sounded or his brain being too analytical for its own good, he wasn’t sure. Though in the end, for this particular matter this issue was not a problem. If he had really wanted more clarity he would’ve asked or the other would’ve maybe even gone further on expanding the point. For now though neither one was making an effort to push the matter further, so perhaps it was fine as it was for now.

With one matter settling, Tamiki would let his eyes close as he listen to what the other had to say about traveling.

“Mmm. I see. So your folk....were they military or was it just a big part of their jobs?” he would ask and then after a moment give a light nod. “I suppose too much travel can be bad. It would wear out the fun if it was constant, but at least now you’re free right? So you shouldn't have to worry about going somewhere due to someone else wanting you there.” Heh. The guy was younger than him, but in turn seemed to have done more than he ever had. Even if the guy had been with his parents, he seemed to be more free to live as he wanted. It must’ve been nice. That freedom. Maybe one day, he too could be that free too...

It was a nice thought that got Tamiki to smile a bit in the small silence that cropped up shortly after he had finished his last part. It was a smile that had a hint of sadness to it. It was the sort that one gave when they were happy for another and things they had or got to do, but in turn could not or would not ever be able to themselves. A sad acceptance to reality, but one that would disappear the moment the conversation shifted to languages and the resting male reopened his eyes.

He would refocus on the other as he spoke. “With enough practice I can mimic what I hear well enough, but mimicking doesn’t help with understanding or actually using the language in a practical sense. The grammar and the rules can be a pain, but I find the challenge coming form actually speaking and trying to communicate orally. Grammar and rules are nice and maybe helpful to a degree, but they can’t get you no where if even after all that you cannot speak the language well enough.” Yeah languages were a fascinating thing, but also infuriating when one was in a place where they understood nothing. Pretty as it sounded in the language was in the babble….and babble did not help get anyone very far until it was understandable by the mind. Speaking of understanding...

“Well, you have an advantage there. I found Spanish a bit of challenge to speak. I was never very good at rolling my r’s and all that. I suppose if I kept at it I might’ve gotten over it, but now? I dunno. I’ve debated about picking it up again. That and Japanese since that one I think I would be good with if I can motivate my ass to sit and study it.” Spanish was something he had taken up thinking it might be useful down the road and also as a requirement for his to fulfill his curriculum at school, but in the end, he never really used it once that was over and so had lost touch with the language. As for Japanese, he listened to it a ton, but never sat to study it. He had to make a note to accomplish that before he left the Earth.

That bucket list item aside, things would come back to focus on the other. Yes, the questions asked may have been trivial, but didn’t one sometimes ask the trivial to try and get to know a person better? Maybe and maybe not. Perhaps there was another approach to the matter that Tamiki simply did not use. In any case, he would wait to see what happen with that wondering for a moment, if maybe the other was about to wall him off when the silence came; however, he would find the other just need space to think for a moment later the other would speak again.

“That’s a good while to spend in one place. Do you ever miss those Japan or Spain, or think of going back to them?” More questions that would seem trivial and perhaps not even the best for this situation; however, Tamiki had settled enough around the other that he had become a bit curious and so threw the trivial out there to learn more. Silly maybe, but that was just how he was.

Regardless of where that led, Tamiki would smirk a bit at the last part.

“Maybe. Still, it would be a nice option if it were available.” Maybe they didn’t want to do similar languages or maybe the system figured Spanish was more logical since it was more widely spoken. Who knew or really cared about the detail? In the end while the mystery would be nice to actually uncover, it wouldn’t change the fact that the languages and the way the system worked was going to be as it was no matter what, so no point worrying too much about the random fun facts, right?
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Unlike the other, as long as there wasn’t a good reason, Sharaku didn’t really overthinking the silences happening. And in case he did spend his time thinking, it usually wasn’t anything too crucial. At times it was even kind of unrelated to the matters at hand. Thinking wasn’t bothersome to him at all, nor did it worsen his state for as long as it wasn’t forced on him in lieu of solving some problematic issue. Even then, he would probably just shrug things off after they were said and done. Perhaps he was just so used to these processes that he hardly ever made a big deal of them in any way. Thinking or not, the end result was usually the same for him, even if the steps taken may sometimes be different.

....although maybe silence was so great because engaging in conversation could easily make him want to just headbutt people. Literally. After all, he had his own limits when it came to how long would he play a game of back and forth which seemed to lead nowhere. He was still calm, however. Well, theoretically. He didn’t think he would ever be able to explain his way of processing emotions properly, or at least in a way most people could understand. Yes, he was certainly having a problem with the guy tossing his temper around at all the wrong times, and for some that would maybe translate as being angry, but if he were to say that about himself, it wouldn’t be entirely true. Is it even possible to be both completely calm and kind of furious at the same time? Maybe he was actually inventing a new state of being or something. Regardless of mixed impressions though, he didn’t feel any need to jump the other at all, making the latter half of his state of mind moot for the time being. His fuse was surprisingly long during most situations, therefore he wouldn’t show anger very quickly, even if there was some to be found. Not that he was angry in the typical sense….

He would kind of just blink at Tamiki a few times before closing his eyes as he tilted his head slightly. He was honestly conflicted when it came to what to do about this. On one hand, maybe he should keep trying to put them on the same page here, but he also kind of wanted to just not bother, and then there was the very tempting idea of knocking some sense in literally too. Where’s some RNG when you need it? Seriously though, he just didn’t know. Which could be…both a good and a bad thing. Sadly for the other, there wasn’t really a way to figure him out down to a T, and getting peeved each time something went in an unexpected direction would mean this was going to happen frequently. He could be quite whimsical when he wanted to, and tended to change strategies on the go if it appeared to be necessary, for as long as he found them acceptable. That was also why he was just about done trying to think through this right now. He preferred relying on his more rational approach, but sometimes he wasn’t given much of a choice, or so it seemed. Most likely, this would result in the other actually attacking him for real, but despite his typically reserved way of going about things, he could be quite the risk taker at times, when the occasion called for it. Perhaps due to having enough confidence to put himself in such situations willingly. And perhaps there was also an elaborate reason behind him doing it too, but even if there was, he wouldn’t feel inclined to explain it until he knew there was a point in trying to. Which wasn’t now.

‘’And sometimes, an offer is there to simply either be accepted or refused, rather than debated about. I don’t see how is it such a problem that there can be several perspectives of one matter. You want to throw a temper tantrum like a kid because I expressed a different view on the matter than you after you asked me to explain myself? Go ahead, bite me, I dare you.’’

No more sweet-talking. It was starting to get really tiring to walk on eggshells, even for him. Besides, he probably couldn’t expect the guy to understand him anyway. Maybe he simply did not want to be considered so much. Yes, perhaps he could very easily disregard himself when trying to get something done, so what? Was it even a bad thing to sometimes try not being selfish at all and letting another have the choice for themselves entirely? Whatever the answer to that was though, what he was tired of the most were the tantrums. If the guy wanted to get combative so much, then he should just do it. He wasn’t paid to constantly watch someone steam in his face and do literal crap about it outside of talk that changes nothing in the present regardless of how the matter was approached. He wasn’t the type of person to just eat that stuff forever, no matter how much patience he could have for differences between people. Being a doormat wasn’t on his ‘to do’ list, and wouldn’t be anytime soon, so he didn’t exactly deal with constantly obviously offended people all that well.

Whether the taunting actually worked or not though would remain to be seen for now…

‘’For now, yes. I prefer to not divide my focus too much, so I don’t take up several different studies at once unless I must.’’, he would shrug lightly. There were other things he would possibly be interested in, but he wasn’t a big fan of trying to juggle when it came to education. The more you split yourself, the higher chance you won’t be as good as you could be in either of your picks. Unless they are easy ones and you can perfect all at once, but not everything is like that. Speaking of which…art was okay, and while he wouldn’t be against writing and whatnot at times, he didn’t think he’d want to focus on that in terms of actual career. Sounded like a good hobby, but not what he’d see as a job he’d want. It would probably frustrate him sooner or later. He could be creative in that manner, but only when the time was right. It was not something he could do on command without it becoming more of a stress than anything else.

Some time of contemplating later, he would frown slightly when the other asked him for an explanation. Well, maybe he was odd. Benefits were something he saw as questionable when it came to this particular matter. ‘’I’m….’’ If only he knew how to explain this. ‘’….not like most people then. It's because they usually don’t understand I’m trying to help them. I don’t do it the way they expect, thus they don’t take it for what it is.’’ At times, it even went the wrong way instead. Being simple was something he was not good at, and perhaps it cost him more than he would enjoy….

‘’I’m not really thinking about it.’’ This time around, he didn’t want to figure out a point of view at all. Besides, it didn’t even really matter. He wasn’t surprised or anything, more like he was just completely indifferent towards that matter for the time being.

He would scratch at his cheek absentmindedly. ‘’Business of sorts. I don’t know all the little details though.’’ He never cared enough, and it’s not like his parents would try to explain such to him when he was younger. Better put, they were too busy focusing on other things to even consider doing that, but that would be a story for another day. ‘’Freedom….it’s an odd concept…’’, he would give a low huff, deciding to leave it at that for now. Complicated matters are complicated.

He would stop contemplating philosophical topics when the matter of languages rolled by though, humming faintly. ‘’Pronunciation is useful, so is grammar and being able to speak. I’d say all three are needed to be completely fluent and actually understandable when communicating in any language.’’ Various degrees of knowledge in each can work, but you still need to be able to do all one way or another in the end. Speaking of specific languages however, he would blink as the other spoke of Spanish and Japanese, furrowing his brows lightly, deciding to say something in the latter at first. ‘’それは面白いダよ.’’ He would shake his head a bit afterwards. ‘’It takes a bit of dedication I suppose. Neither is too easy to attain true fluency in as a foreigner, but nothing is impossible.’’ In fact, he would wager that Japanese is even harder than Spanish. Even when he looked at Spanish from the standpoint of someone who wasn’t familiar with its style at all. Both had their complexities, but Japanese could be very….confusing and chaotic for many people. Besides, being able to write in it is an art in and on itself. Seriously.

‘’…not really. I wouldn’t have an issue with going back there, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that I actively wish to do so. I don’t get attached too easily, and there isn’t much for me to come back to there anyway.’’ And if he did, then Japan would probably be more likely. Still, he could hardly think of anything that would make him want a return trip hard enough. On top of that, it would serve as a reminder of old times, which wasn’t the best thing ever either.

Eh. ‘’It probably is. Just not very common.’’ Some languages were a bit harder to get by, alright. But there was little to be done about that. Nothing is ever too simple.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:22 am

You know the saying: there is always a calm before the storm? This situation could not have made such words more true. While the interaction between the two had been far from easy, things had seemed to calm down a bit. Observe.

The pair were chilling out on the grass quite relaxed as they spoke on various subjects. One subject was school and what they majored in. Tamiki had given his and it seemed that when he asked about the other’s major he had hit the nail on the head. A Psych major, huh? Well, that was interesting, but also made him wonder if the guy’s major also impacted the way he acted or maybe he choose that major because of the way he acted. It was a curious case, but one he didn’t go overboard with as he nodded.

“That is pretty neat and yeah. Focus is good.” He could agree there. Though his description seemed scattered, Art was his focus. He was in it to create the sort of art one interacted with rather than sat and stared at all day. It wasn’t that he didn’t have respect for the traditional, but he always had a fascination with animation and games. He liked watching the artists at work and then seeing that love and hard work be shared with others whether it was to fame or not. Doing what one loved and still being proud of it even when it failed. That was something beautiful in his eyes; however, it was also something he didn’t let his mind  linger on too long lest he started daydreaming and zoning out. So yes art was indeed something he wished to pursue fully as a career, but one he did on his own time rather than under someone’s command. As for the more serious study, he could do that as something to pass time with, but to settle down with the subject permanently? No. He didn’t think he was fit for that sort of job. Sure he could do it, but not for a long period of time. He preferred more freedom that with his work.

That topic aside things would swing easily enough back to helping others. Well as easily as it could. While nothing was blowing up per se it did seem the other was struggling a bit when asked to further explain his luck situation when it came to aiding others. Despite some hesitation, Tamiki was patient enough as he waited for the other to continue. To what he heard, he would tilt his head.

“Well if you approach in an odd way did you ever consider maybe trying to help one understand your way rather than simply shrugging it off or leaving it as a failed attempt when it goes wrong?”

Ironic this conversation was considering, he didn’t even realize he had done what everyone else did to the guy a moment ago. He had missed the cue of being aided, but that was because he did not know what to look for or to pick out the hint from earlier words. In any case, if the guy wanted to be clearer then why not take the time to try and explain or teach his way to someone? Did people just not matter to him? Or was it in his eyes a waste of time? He had to wonder, but for now left the pries into the matter small rather than overwhelming the other with a ton of questions.

From there Tamiki would actually become quiet as he gave a small hum to the short answer given about secrets. It seemed that that matter had run itself dry and even if hadn’t, the man’s words alone were a good enough sign to move off elsewhere, but where it would go one had to wonder. While Tamiki did get his answer when it came to the other’s family and why he moved around a bit, the smaller male did not pry beyond the general with this as he gave a nod accepting that answer given well enough for now. His lips wouldn’t part again until the other made a comment about the concept of freedom. Glancing over at the other sleepily, Tamiki would speak. “Odd? How so?”

Freedom was a complex subject with so many meanings, so he was curious as to the man’s thoughts on the subject. Though he had to wonder if he would get answer since the other was huffing again. Was huffing a bad thing? Or was that the other’s way to clear away thought or something else?

The wandering thoughts would be popped as the other gave a hum and responded the subject of languages.

“Well, I suppose they each go hand-in-hand in the long run,” he would pause to push himself up from the ground and back into a sitting position. With a small frown he would begin to brush off his clothing scanning for any left behind piece of grass or heaven forbid a bug. Yeah...he was particular, but meh. Regardless of this, he would continue speaking, the frown directed at concentration rather than the subject at hand. “Even so, you can find your way as long as you can at least speak it well enough to get your point across. Sure it might handicap you not to have all your writing skills to boot, but at least with speech you can maneuver and learn the other details down the road to perfect it.”

He would pause a bit to pick off a rather stubborn piece of grass, being careful not to damage his shirt. Once he got it off, he would flick it off to the side. As soon as he had done this he heard the other speak in Japanese and automatically locked his eyes on him with high interest.

“What does that mean? And do say it again slower.” Yeah. No pleases or would you kindlys. Just a light command as he watched the other. He wasn’t trying to be rude with this way of speaking...he just never got into the habit of being super polite when asking for something. Well at least it wasn’t a growl or demand and while it was delivered as a command it was gentle suggesting the other didn’t have to obey if he didn’t want to. It would be disappointing yes, but nothing to lose his shit over. Anyway…

“Yeah, I would say you would have to focus, but even as a foreigner, I think if you tried hard enough you would be able to blend in well enough. I suppose it would also depend on how much passion one had for the stuff to determine how well they did in said language.” Some learned just to get by while others sought to immerse themselves fully in the language and culture it came from. It was amazing really how some could know like 4 different languages, speak them well and still want more. He personally would be fine if he mastered just one. Yeah...one day. As for the next topic, Tamiki would nod as his eyes lowered.

“I see.” He would accept the answer well enough though his mind would wandered a bit. He wondered... if the guy didn’t get overly attached to a place, then did he not have that one spot he wanted to root himself in and actually call home? He said he had nothing to go back to….

Tamiki’s eyes would look back at the other as he debated for a split second on prying and then looking away towards the lake he would push that thought away. Not today. Maybe he would pry deeper another time. Regardless, it seemed this would lead into a moment of silence once more, the last comment only getting a light “Maybe” from the male. Perhaps he was running out of things to ask or maybe it was something else that got him to shut up. Whatever it was for the moment, he would let the silence continue fine with simply sitting and enjoying the company of the other and nature.

Things were peaceful and calm...So why couldn’t it stay that way? Why did somewhere along the line things circled back to the disagreements and in turn end up with the pair squaring off with each other in another fashion? One would never know probably, but there was no denying that a storm did indeed come…..

Thinking. Depending on the situation at hand this could indeed get Tamiki in trouble. He could overthink things and even make simple matters complicated, but at other times his thinking could be wandering thoughts that had nothing to do with the matter. Unfortunately for general situations and the situation at hand, overthinking was typically what Tamiki did and while sometimes it dug him into small holes, this time around it dug him into a rather deep hole that he could not quite escape. He tried pulling himself out, but just when there seemed like a chance something would crop up and cause him to fall deeper than he climbed.

It was a frustrating matter that by some miracle had only escalated into snaps back and forth; however, it seemed that things would do a 180 rather quickly as even the calmer male began to lose his patience. While it wasn’t so much expression, Tamiki picked up on the changes in body language, and energy around the man. The more negative air only fed into his already agitated state as everything within him prepared for a pounce or attack of some sort. His aggression while contained was very much on the edge of exploding. All it needed was the right push….and push the other did.

He would see the actions and hear the words and maybe if the other had chosen a different approach perhaps what happened next wouldn’t have occurred at all. Maybe they could’ve actually found a way to soften the blow and talk it out, but alas it was too late now. The taller male had broken the logic switch within the dark haired male leaving only a coat of infuriating red to be seen in the mind. It wasn’t so much his argument. No the dark hair male could’ve fought back verbally with that one if it had ended at just the difference issue, but oh no. The other just had to throw some words in there that only broke the logic even more.

Kid? Temper tantrum? No he did not think he was throwing one. If this was a tantrum, this would’ve been much, much worse and the complaining on an unnatural level, but he wasn’t doing that now was he? No. He had simply been speaking on the matter though showing high aggression due to frustration. He wasn’t throwing a tantrum or acting like some damn kid! That alone had his blood boiling and maybe. Just maybe the guy could’ve kept himself from harm, but he just had to add icing to the cake you see.

“.......”

If Tamiki was displaying frustration before, it would quickly crumple into a different sort of face as golden eyes flashed with the heat of true hostility now as he heard the direct challenge. Without stopping to think, he let go of control and simply acted upon his natural instincts when threatened.

As soon as the other got the challenge out, Tamiki was moving towards him, his fist balled and reared back for a strike as he aimed for what was easier to hit for the moment, and that was other’s stomach. The incoming punch held a lot of force behind, enough to wind someone and cause them to double over if it made contact, but it wasn’t a wild one despite the anger there. No this blow was controlled, a sign that he knew exactly what he was doing and what to aim for when tossing out a blow. Though how the matter would pan out now that the blow had been thrown was questionable. Would this actually help? Or would it worsen the situation? Only time would show what had not yet  been seen…
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Well, yes. Anything could be neat though, aside from maybe complete garbage choices that had no real application in life. Application, as in it being able to actually reap you some benefits for the effort of studying it. What’s the point of having a major no one values after all? He would hum lightly in thought. ‘’What made you choose art? I wouldn’t have thought of you as the type for that at first glance.‘’ The guy honestly tended to give the thug vibe at first, which doesn’t make one think of an artsy person. Of course, he wasn’t trying to literally judge by first impression, but it was still something worthy of inquiry at least.

He would frown slightly. ‘’That depends on what happens. Sometimes it’s not worth it to try and convince people to take things differently than what they assume.’’ At times, it was even impossible to change someone’s mind. Stubbornness could run pretty deep after all. That, and he could be kind of finicky. Helping people was not his hobby in the first place, so he often didn’t want to bother forever when someone was not getting his intentions. Maybe if it was a person he cared about, he would take his time getting it across even after failures, but he wouldn’t do it for every random person he happened to be nice to at first.

Time would tick by as some silences passed by again, eventually landing on the topic of freedom. He would shrug nonchalantly. ‘’There is always something holding us back, whether he want to or not. So, what is freedom really? Considering the kind of society we live in nowadays, I think we are never fully free even if we may be given the illusion that we are.’’ Things weren’t all that easy, and you couldn’t do completely anything you’d wish to. There was always something you couldn’t do, or weren’t supposed to do.

Watching the other sit up, he would remain quiet at first, before responding in a somewhat indifferent manner. ‘’To each their own. Actual communication with natives tends to be harder than one might think beforehand, so I’d say the more skill you have in the language in general, whether speaking or writing, the better. Keeping up with someone who has been speaking a language since they were a little kid is not an easy task at first. Not for a foreigner who has only learnt the language on their own turf before.’’ You can think you know a language decently, and then be completely confused once you set foot in the country which speaks it. It’s a whole new level, usually.

He would blink when he was suddenly asked to repeat himself. ‘’それは面白いダよ. I said, that’s interesting.’’ Well, technically. There was more to it than just that, but this was a bit of a disconnect between English and Japanese, meaning that there was no way to say certain parts in English without it sounding unnatural. The final meaning was the same in a sense though, so the translation was correct regardless. Unless he would opt to analyze the sentence in detail, which he had little reason to right now. ‘’And before you happen to ask, yes I do speak Japanese fluently.’’, he would add as an afterthought. He didn’t know if Tamiki would ask or anything, but might as well make it clear just in case it was about to come up in some way. ‘’Someone would, someone wouldn’t. Not everyone is great at mastering languages, so it’s hard to say whether everyone would truly be able to blend in.’’ The harder languages kind of required both dedication and at least some talent. If you can’t remember vocabularies well for the life of you for example, you will have a very hard time speaking anything fluently, no matter how much you try.

A wave of quiet would pass by after that, as he would choose not to say anything more to the short answers he received to the two subjects that happened afterwards. He would simply contend himself with watching his surroundings, unless the other brought up something to speak on again.

It was time for a moment of clashing, however. Or whatever would one want to call it. He was still fairly calm, despite what was happening. After all, he wasn’t exactly doing this out of spite. Moreso just because he was tired of this game of tug-o-war that never ended in anything significant. Fighting wasn’t one of his top activities, but he didn’t detest it either. Sometimes, a bit of adrenaline was actually a nice thing to have. While he wasn’t highly aggressive unless truly pissed off, he could easily butt heads simply out of principle. It was mildly entertaining to see where such things go, and observing people’s behaviors was something he did quite often. Perhaps it had to do with his general interests too.

Regardless of random trivia info though, he had been on the watch out in general. Since his intention was to bait the other in the first place, he did expect an attack to happen, therefore it was not an unexpected move. There wasn’t a big window of opportunity, no, but he was fine with that. If anything, he was known to be rather fast and agile when he actually participated in scuffles, so he wasn’t at a very big disadvantage here. The height difference could be an annoyance though. He wasn’t fond of blows that were aimed low. There was an acceptable solution to it though. When the other moved to charge him, he would simply crouch low swiftly, putting the aim of the punch moreso towards his head than anything else. While doing that, he would put his hands in front, as a sort of shield guard against the blow. It would still hurt, yes, but definitely not as much as it would were it a hit to softer body parts, so it wouldn’t faze him too much like this. Plus, it allowed him the opportunity to use his hands to grab at Tamiki’s hand which was used for the punch during the time the connect happened. He would give the other a level-headed look with a bit of amusement, definitely not intending to just let go for the moment. Assuming he did manage to pull it off, that is, but he would wager that the guy wouldn’t have had extra time to change his course effectively either way, once he already set his punching in motion.

‘’How nice. I’d appreciate not getting bruises though.’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Hmmm. What made him choose art? A major that took tons effort and dedication to make it actually pay off? Well….

The dark haired male would let out an amused snort as he glanced over at the other. “No? What did you think I’d be into?” Outside of fighting and being aggressive he was quite curious as to what the other pegged him into majoring in. Or maybe the guy didn’t place him anywhere at all. He wasn’t sure. Regardless of the answer though, he would eventually answer the question as his expression went from amused to semi-serious. I've been in the business for a while, but always wanted to do something more than just stage performances and management, so I thought a bit on what I actually loved and found the sort of stuff I mentioned before right up my ally. So when I found out there was a way to perfect what I wanted to do and actually do something with the passion, I went for it.” It was pretty basic logic there, but outside of a passion he also wanted to learn it so he could be his own boss and perhaps create a studio where his ideas could flourish and grow. It seemed like such an impossible dream, but he wanted to try and gain it anyway. That aside though….”And you? What made become a Psych major?” Surely like him this one to had reasons to go after what he sought right?

Whether or not he shared, Tamiki would find himself sitting up a bit to tilt his head at the matter of explaining odd ways of helping. As he took in the answer, he would give the other a confused frown not quite understanding. “So you don’t want people to understand you?” He didn’t get this logic. If someone wasn’t getting something wasn’t it only natural to try and get them to understand you? Wasn't the explaining a way to not get the backlash that comes from misunderstanding? Did he not care about how people acted or was he saying he was just selective on who got that information? He did say the explaining depended on what happened, so….Maybe? Tamiki was unsure, so he had asked his question and waited to see what came out of that.

Moving past that strange matter an even more complex one would come up as the subject of freedom came up. As he saw the shrug and heard the answer, Tamiki would close his eyes with a sigh. “I don’t know the answer to that as I've never sat down to think about it. Rika could probably give more of an answer and deeper conversation than I could when it comes to the matter. As for myself, I understand the chains and all, but even so I think freedom starts by at least having the ability to make your own choices. Otherwise you're just a prisoner or servant to someone else’s will.” He said the words easily enough, but didn’t go any further than that as he became quiet as his eyes moved to watch the scenery ahead of him. He would let his mind wander a bit with that one before actually sitting up and moving onto the other subjects at hand.

Quite content he was clean of grass and not seeming to mind how the other watched him, he would rest his hands naturally against his crossed legs as he heard what the other had to say about languages. “Well, I guess you do have a point there. It is not like schools teach you how to actually speak with natives anyway. They teach you to be prop: 'practice makes perfect' is best when trying to master such things as languages.” Guess one could not be get all of it right without some determination to learn and master a language beyond just school. You had to immerse yourself deeper than that to fully understand.

Speaking of learning, it looked like the other actually humored his command and repeated the word despite seeming a bit confused at first. As he repeated it, Tamiki would focus on the man quite intently for a second as he listened to how the sentence was said. Then nodding he would open his mouth.

“So...re wa omo...omoshiroi yo…” Yeah. He tried to mimic it, but in the end probably butchered it pretty badly. He mimicked what he thought he heard, but in the end without more practice he was always going to wear that one awkwardly. Funny thing was he highly aware of the fact as shown when he gave a small frown at the sound. Yeah that didn't sound right at all. Ah well. Shaking his head a bit, he would raise an eyebrow at the other as he seemed to go ahead and clarify he was fluent in Japanese. Tamiki gave the other an amused smile at this.

“I wasn’t gonna ask, but that is a good thing to know for the future perhaps,” he would say not seeming to mind the assumption made or the explanation given. It was a good thing to make note of though in case he seriously wanted to try and practice Japanese. Maybe having a tutor that spoke it would be better than trying to force himself through a class. It was an idea, but one he did not humor too much at the moment. That small matter aside, Tamiki would do his best to lock the phrase into his mind just like he had with the Portuguese one. Sure he might not master the language anytime soon, but it would be nice to have some knowledge tucked away for just in case matters, no. Not that what was being said was vital, but still a lesson was a lesson, so he took it.

“Well maybe not blend in fully, but even if you’re not a master I would think you would begin to adapt and at least learn ways to survive in the foreign place unless of course the point is just to visit. You can’t survive very long if you can’t find some way to communicate with others.” It was true some people absorbed languages like a sponge; however, how fluent were they really was hard to say. Maybe they just went through the classes and thought they were a pro rather than actually had mastered the language, but even so humans typically adapted and tried to blend in and be accepted when they were exposing themselves to the strange for the long term. So even without talent something had to be learned in order for them to get anywhere in that new land, right? He supposed one could get through life in a foreign place in other ways, but those other ways seemed like even more difficult paths than simply trying to learn the ways and function with what was around you. If you didn’t adapt you became isolated and in turn life became that much more harder. It was a strange matter and maybe getting too complicated for the surface matter, so maybe it was best to stop thinking on it so much. Yeah....

Well wherever that led to Tamiki would let it play out on its own before his mind was forgetting how to be civil as things swiveled from a calm to a clash. When he made his move to attack the other, the other reacted pretty quickly. His move and action saving him from a gut punch as he did indeed successfully catch the swing and in turn Tamiki's hand; however, that did not seem to calm the beast down just yet.

“Then you should’ve watched that damn tongue of yours better!” he snap as he instinctively tried to pull away; however, the other had a nice grip on him making the feat for the moment a bit of a challenging and being unable to think clearly thanks to frustration, he would move to his next option in the matter. Remaining in the grip, he would bring his other hand up, his fingers positioned in a claw like fashion as he moved them forward in an attempt to swing at the guy’s face or even smack the arm area hard enough to hopefully make the other loosen his grip. He was still frustrated and had some fight left in him; however, the desire to strike out and harm did not come from the desire to kill, but rather the desire to vent his frustration on something outside of keeping it locked up internally. While he’d typically take this sort of agitation out on a thing rather than a person since he could and would do some damage with the attack, the man had for whatever reason baited Tamiki into striking out directly at his person. It was a baffling matter for sure, but one that Tamiki would not see that way or even attempt to ponder as long as the fire within him raged freely...

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Well, he hadn’t exactly thought anything specific. He hadn’t even given it much thought at all until the whole subject managed to somehow be brought up. ‘’I don’t know. But I suppose you seem like the type of person who would prefer something more action oriented, rather than wanting to do work which requires sitting around quite a bit.’’ Writing…animation…all of those things meant you’d be sitting on your butt and work quietly, and it was a little tricky to see the guy do that often. Sure, Tamiki may not be stomping around all the time either, but for how long could he just calmly sit and focus on things like that? He would offer a light shrug. ‘’I like analyzing people. Besides, it’s interesting to see how different can people sometimes be from each other, despite the fact that most of us are pretty much the same species in the end.’’ With…some exceptions, obviously enough, considering this particular situation in mind. Although, other presented himself pretty much like a human in general, so he wasn’t sure what category to put this in anyway. He didn’t know enough just yet.

Turning his head to the side, he would sigh faintly. That wasn’t quite what he meant. It isn’t that he didn’t want people to understand. He just wasn’t a happy-go-lucky optimist who thought that it was all that simple, and that everyone would allow themselves to understand after being given any kind of explanation. Plus, if he were to be honest, he just wasn’t all that great at explaining himself in understandable terms. If everyone was a master at summarizing themselves in enough clear and concise detail, then there would hardly be as many misunderstandings as there are. Even then, not everyone enjoys giving things about themselves away so hastily.

‘’No…that’s not it. It’s just…you see, not everyone is willing to understand. You have no idea how many people refuse to even budge when you try to explain and just keep sticking to what they believe they are seeing. I have my limits. I’m not going to tell too much about myself to people who are obviously not about to give genuine effort.’’

It was not in his interest to spend much time when it wasn’t worth it at that moment. As they say, there are plenty fish in the sea, so why would he waste his efforts needlessly on every person he meets? It’s better to screen a bit first and see whether it’s at least a decently good idea to give things a more in-depth go.

‘’I’d never just serve someone. But whether I’d consider that as freedom, I don’t know.’’ Well, it was more of a freedom than the opposite of course, but there were still walls you would run into sooner or later. It was an unclear concept it today’s world. People were usually always shackled by something, whether willingly or not. ‘’Too bad it’s not always possible.’’, he would comment simply when the subject turned over to languages and speaking with natives. Practice is only going to happen if you have someone to practice with, and if you’re learning a less popular language, that may become an issue here and there.

He would blink at the guy, tilting his head slightly. ‘’Is there a reason as to why are you repeating after me?’’ One sentence didn’t mean all that much after all, unless you were going to be doing something with it. Besides, he couldn’t do much about the guy’s pronunciation, whether he got to hear it or not. Either way, it just struck him as mildly odd, since he hadn’t said that with the intention of teaching the other how to say something in Japanese correctly. So, this came across as a bit random. ‘’If you say so…’’ He had moreso clarified because it sounded like a good idea. He’d rather not have the other think he was just trying to pull something without even knowing what he was saying after all. Though, one could just assume he wouldn’t try to speak a language like that if he wasn’t good at it, but you never know what goes through people’s minds.

‘’I would still wager that not everyone is simply that versatile. Just like some people may never be able to learn how to ride a bike, some others may fail at learning a language instead. I’ve seen people struggle with it before and be horrible at picking up a language properly no matter how hard they tried.’’ Everyone has things that they have next to no ability in. It can happen and it will. After all, learning a language does require some good mental capacity, and while you learn your native one easily as a kid, it’s way harder to breeze through it once you’re older and starting another from scratch.

Wherever that went though….

It would appear that this fight wasn’t about to die down too quickly. In theory at least, but as much as Sharaku found enjoyment in sort of taunting the guy, he wasn’t interested in earning himself injuries and sore spots for no reason. Therefore, he wouldn’t truly want to entertain this for very long in the end. It was fun for a bit, but would become bothersome sooner or later. Unlike the other, he didn’t exactly have rage or anything akin to that fueling him to keep fighting, so his interest would start dropping significantly pretty fast. Maybe if this was more meaningful, like an actual spar rather than a lash out, he would be more on board with it, but otherwise he would rather just move on to something less random after getting a taste.

‘’Or maybe you should be watching your temper instead.’’, he would retort right back at the other in a matter-of-fact tone. He seemed to be rather unbothered by what was being said, focusing more on the more immediate problems, such as the fighting moves being made. While he certainly kept holding onto the guy’s hand at first, it didn’t quite mean he was going to also stay firmly rooted to the ground too. Thus, unless Tamiki expected it in some way, he wouldn’t even get to the point of clawing at him with his other hand. When the shorter male made the initial move to pull away at first, he would actually give, and even push himself forward from the ground in an attempt to push the other back and have him topple over on his back thanks to the combined force of the pull away and his push forward. If he did manage to make the other lose his balance, he would go along with the topple in a way, with the aim of getting himself on top of the other and straddling his waist to keep him pinned down. In case he did manage to do so, he would finally let go of the hand he had been holding and just lean over a bit, settling his hands on the ground on each side of the other as he stared at Tamiki from fairly close up.

The position could be kind of awkward to be honest, and while he would typically be rather uncomfortable with being in such close contact with someone, he was currently too absorbed in his thoughts to pay it enough mind. How the other would react to such was another matter entirely, however….

‘’…’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Tamiki would give the other a light smile at this one.

“Mmm. I think I get enough activity just by being alive and being me, so the sit down time is nice. Even more so ‘cause its something I love, so I don’t really notice how long I’ve been sitting until I look up at a clock and realize it is way past midnight or something like that.” More action oriented tasks. Well, he could indeed do that, but as a whole he was a lot more calmer and dedicated to sitting when he enjoyed something than one thought. Sitting at a desk, on the floor, or in front of computer creating? That stuff could eat away hours much like gaming and watching a good show could. He just let himself get lost in the process and the thoughts and before he knew it morning could very well easily turn into night. It was a strange thing, but it happened.

“Ah. That makes sense then.” If one liked to analyze things, then studying subjects that only perfected the skills to study said object deeper was a logical choice in the matter. He suppose sometimes passions and studies worked hand-in-hand in hand while at other times the study was determined by which would actually help in the long run. It seemed that while his own choice was definitely a choice due to passion, the other's selection was a bit more grey. Yes, he said that he liked analyzing people, but was that his passion? Or was it something he did and in turn found a study where he could profit off of it with? Mysteries, but ones he would not pry into that deeply for the moment as he let that subject go as another matter took its place.

A matter that was a bit complex to be honest. He would take note of the reaction and blink and in turn he would tilted his head a bit in curiosity at the other wondering what was on his mind. When he heard the explanation given, he would find himself looking away from the other as he thought.

“People can be stubborn and sometimes they won’t move, but what do you do if someone is trying to learn, but just seem too difficult for words with the current method? Would you simply give up on them? Or keep trying?” Yes, he had heard the words clearly and was not trying to seem dense with the questioning. He was honestly curious. If the guy came across someone who was a challenge in teaching would he give up when maybe there was a chance of some break through if he tried hard enough? Or did the guy have some standard he wouldn’t go below when it came to people? Honestly the question poked at various things - standards, patience, etc, but he wonder how the guy would take that question in the end. Would he find it just a dumb one? Or would he be able to understand what he was prying at...even if the wording was less than perfect? He could make guesses, but instead of doing that, he simply let time reveal the answer.

“Sometimes servitude isn’t a choice and perhaps something as simple as choice is more freedom than one can imagine.” Choice...it was given to everyone, so why should it be a thing to be desired? The answer to that rested with the ones that desired it, but for now no clarity would be given as to why Tamiki said what he said or did what he did as the comment was delivered in a calm fashion as if he was responding to any old comment; however, during the exchange, he did not meet the other's eyes as he kept his gaze off to the side as if his mind was elsewhere the whole time.

Even so, he would eventually look back at the other when the subject of languages came up. “Maybe you’re right. Even so I would like to think everyone had a chance at it.” Well, everyone able and determined enough to learn the language that is. He understood the various variables and understood that having someone to practice with or some reason to use said language daily as something else to consider when making his statements. He understood that there were probably some that would fall flat in the learning department, but even so he had a more optimistic eye when it came to the potential of success. Maybe he and the other simply had different standings there.

Anyway, it looked like he caught the other off guard with his repeating. No surprise there as he hadn’t explained why he wanted he words repeated in the first place. To the question, Tamiki would just shrug a bit as he answered. “Just wanted try it out.” Yeah the repeating was a bit random, but he did it because he was trying to see how it sounded coming out of his own mouth. It didn’t sound great, but maybe with a bit of practice he could get it just right. Though he had been asking for the repeat for sound purpose rather than trying to learn it. So yeah. Maybe if he warned the other he wouldn’t have gotten the question, but it was what it was. Moving along into another silence it seems. He honestly didn’t have much to say to the short answer received, a light hum being the only sound he would give the other in turn. He would remain quiet until the next response came up.

“True. People can’t perfect everything, but even so I would think some form of skill would have to be learned to survive. Maybe something more universal, you know?” He understood the guy’s point, but unless one was completely beyond help, there were universal ways of communicating even if language or other issues were a barrier. He just couldn’t imagine a normal human not being able to do this. Even if handicapped there were ways to communicate, right?

Well communication topics aside, there was a real communication error going on right now. One that involved a bit of physical contact to resolve it seemed.

Tamiki was still a little firecracker acting more on frustration and stubborness more so than anything else when it came to this fight. He logic which was usually pretty good was not good when it came to dealing with emotional things or anything that rubbed him the wrong way. He just naturally snapped and became aggressive unlike his counter part who seemed to have the whole emotional thing understood and mastered...though common sense at times lacking. It was odd how things got shifted between the two when they were separated and how somehow it balanced into something stable when they were whole. It was a matter, the creature never did understand and perhaps never would. Even if he were to understand it would not change the issue here. Tamiki was always going to be the one to bite while Rika would be more gentler about things. It was as simple as that.

Random trivia aside though, Tamiki was no where near logical or seeing straight in this matter as he simply lashed out with emotion rather than thought. For you see if he was thinking, he would’ve found a way out of the hand hold and in turn actually give the other a fight for his money; however, that did not happen. Oh no something far more...peculiar happened. Observe.

“You can’t blame this all on me when you’re the one who taunted me in the first place!” he would snarl right back at the other as he continued to be a pain in the ass for the moment. He was quite steamed until the unexpected happened of course. Maybe if he was more level headed what happened could’ve been avoided, but nope. What happened did indeed happen.

You see, when he had pulled back he did not expect the other to give so naturally he lost a bit of balance and maybe if it had ended there, he would’ve been able to catch his balance quicker; however, the other did not stop with the give. In fact, as soon as he stumbled back and tried to correct himself, the other would move forward rather than let go….leaving no room to actually to fully recover in a normal sense. So unable to recover correctly, the stumble would turn into a slip and slip into a fall. A fall that with the added force of the push and weight could not be stopped as gravity did the rest.

Tamiki would fall with the other ending up on top of him somehow as he let out a grunt due to impact; however pain did not register as rage kept him focused on the fact the other was on top of him. A dominating position and he hated it. At first this only made him more pissed as he tried to wiggle in an effort to budge the other off.

“Damn...it….” he’d growl as he tried a bit more, but finding himself quite pinned he would become still as he glared up at the other huffing with rage and a bit of embarrassment considering he did just get owned, but more than that he knew he was in the wrong. Even so he could not bring himself to apologize or remain anything outside of rebellious as he continued to glare daggers at the other. No he was much too prideful and stubborn for that. Even so, no amount of pride could keep him glaring angrily for long as the other let his hand go, but instead of getting off of him, he instead had leaned forward and was now studying him from an position that was actually more uncomfortable than he would like to admit.

It wasn’t a gender issue that caused this 'cause while he did like females better, he wasn’t against men either; however, this situation wasn’t that sort of thing. Instead, he was pinned in an odd fashion under a male that could potential try and take advantage of the situation. He did have the upper hand after all, but if the taller male thought he could get away with something like that, then he would be in for something a lot worse than what had gotten them to this spot to begin with.

Regardless of the discomfort or worse case scenarios that played in his head. Tamiki would give the other a glare that was less heated thanks to how the situation had ended up. He was way calmer now, but not exactly pleased by being pinned. Even so he wasn’t making an effort to move against the guy, so….

...Are you going to sit there all day or what?” he would eventually manage to grumble as he watched the other, unconsciously taking in his beauty and those pretty eyes. Tsk. Tsk. Such a very unfortunate situation indeed.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Well... ‘’If you say so.’’, he would give a short response, seemingly not really wanting to expand upon the subject in much greater detail than that. Sometimes, he could be a bit tough to maintain a flowing exchange with, unless the other party was apt at branching out or asking the right questions. If not, then slight staggers would probably happen here and there, with nothing in place to stop them effectively.

The quietness would extend past that as well, with the other giving a similarly simple response to his own answer about study choices, thus not drawing out a continuation there. He wasn’t good at small talk in general, nor all that interested in it, therefore it would in fact be unusual to hear him try to purposefully blabber something just to keep talking. If he did speak up, it was either because he was actually curious about something strongly enough, or was interested in the person themselves to the point of simply wanting to engage regardless of what the subject would be.

Once the more complex matter rolled about, he would furrow his brows slightly as he was assaulted by further questioning which was suddenly leaning in the opposite direction of what was originally being spoken of. There was a clear difference, if only because he was originally referring to people who weren’t truly trying to understand, while Tamiki was asking about those who were and raising a different kind of issue with it. ‘’That depends on ‘how’ difficult are they being. If it’s to the point where it isn’t even tolerable, then I would probably give up. For if it’s that grating to deal with them to begin with, the chance that we would ever get along properly would be extremely low anyway.’’, he would shake his head slightly. ‘’Either way, their exact approach to the matter is important too. It’s a rather dangerous game as is, so I have no clear answer while the specifics are vague. Maybe I’d keep trying, but maybe I wouldn’t.’’ It wasn’t that simple to give an answer. It wasn’t just a yes or no, because the scales could tip in either direction, depending on the actions taken during it all. That said…asking about it would hardly give the other a firm answer regardless. It was something the guy would have to…well, ‘understand’. For you see, while it was a good thing to listen to his words and pay attention, they were not necessarily the one and only rule. He could very easily sound like he was uncompromising on these matters, and not very willing to be patient with people…but if someone took a moment to look beyond what he was seemingly saying and focus more on the answers he gave with his actions, they’d easily see he wasn’t all that dismissive. Were he so, wouldn’t he be long gone already? Tamiki could be pretty infuriating with the moody, unnecessarily aggressive behavior after all, and a lot of people would have likely already found an excuse to end this meeting early or so, instead of dealing with it still.

He would snort lightly at the given statement. ‘’I’d rather die than be someone’s slave by force.’’ Well, he could certainly be unbelievably stubborn about some things, that was for sure. Even to the extreme at times. Speaking of the subject matter however, he was indeed insufferably resistant to being made to do things against his will. If it was for a person he cared about and all, then yes, he would perhaps give even in cases the action went against his liking, but otherwise, tough luck. Living as someone’s servant when you didn’t want to be was no better than being pretty much dead anyway. To him, at least.

Brushing away a stray piece of hair from his face, he would hum lowly. ‘’So you say. But having a chance isn’t equivalent to actually accomplishing something the way you need to. Everyone has a chance, but not everyone is able to capitalize on said chance successfully.’’ There are always chances and potentials, when it comes to just about anything in existence. Yet, one couldn’t claim for sure that it also meant being able to cross the finish line simply because you wished for it hard.

‘’…’’

Well, okay. That was that then. There wasn’t anything to say to that. It still felt a little odd to have someone just decide to use him for the purposes of trying things out when he never even aimed for that in the first place, but it’s not like he could do anything about that anyway. Nor did he know what to do, that is. Maybe nothing was the best idea…

‘’Like what? Awkward body language and gestures? Other ways outside of language can be interpreted differently be every person you come across, so I’d say they can be rather unreliable.’’ It’s never a 100% chance that what you are trying to convey gets understood as such. Seeing how people misunderstood each other even when concrete words and language were in play, it wasn’t hard to image how much worse could it be when not having such tools at your disposal. Aggravating, even.

Speaking of aggravating matters and whatnot…

He would just give the other a momentary blank face at the sharp retort. ‘’Whose fault is it that you fell for it so unceremoniously?’’ Going all out is not the only possible way to respond to a taunt, so he wouldn’t really believe he was in any way supposed to take responsibility for Tamiki’s reaction. He did what he did, and he would admit to that, but the other straight out losing his temper in the face of a few words was not his problem at all. Besides, it had almost happened without him even needing to taunt to begin with.

That aside, it would appear that his choice of action proved to be successful, eventually ending up with the fight being halted for now, if nothing else. Doing what he was doing, he would remain silent at first, a bit lost in thought until the other pulled him back into reality by his questioning. He would raise an eyebrow briefly, and while he wouldn’t comply and get off just yet, he would at least pull back a bit and simply straighten up in his position for now instead of leaning over the guy entirely.

‘’What, you not enjoying this?’’

He would joke slightly, before giving a more serious answer.

‘’Maybe give me a moment to think about it. After narrowly avoiding getting bruised up, I think I have the right to contemplate whether it’s the wisest option to immediately let you go right now and risk you trying again.’’

What proof did he have that the guy wouldn’t move to try and punch him again the moment he was free to act, for whatever reason? He had already learned that he couldn’t quite trust the shorter male to remain calm and reasonable all the time after all, and people in general could have rather negative reactions towards being pinned down.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:38 am

“If you say so”. That phrase and “I see” seemed to be the phrases to end all further discussion on a topic between the two and cause the silences to roll in. It was odd considering that for all his flare Tamiki was not the best on a social front. Sure he could talk for a period of time, but he kind of needed someone to be a bit more talktive than himself at times to keep matters going otherwise he would begin to run dry on what to speak about. His silences meant he had nothing further to say rather than he had lost interest in who he was with. Granted, a bit more curiosity on his part could’ve led to more chatter, but for the most part those wandering curiosities he kept to himself out of either respect or feeling as if it was bad timing for such topics to be brought up.

As a result of being restrained in his prying the conversations quickly sunk into silences, leaving one to wonder what either was thinking of each other at this point. Were they bored with each other? Hated each other? Liked each other or what? It was hard to say as the conversation beforehand had been hit or miss from time-to-time, but regardless of this they both seemed to still be around each other and conversing so maybe the pair simply tolerated each other at this point and nothing more. After all this was only their third meeting so judgement was hard to call.

They would keep their silences until a different matter rolled across the table that was a bit more complex and complicated than the others before. The matter involve the man and how willing he was to help someone understand his ways. When questioned about how far he’d go was asked, Tamiki received a rather broad answer to a rather broad question. While he could’ve poked and prodded at the situation, he actually became quiet as he studied the other for a moment and then blinking he would nod a bit as he looked away.

“Well they say not to beat a dead horse, so I can see your logic a bit there,” he would say, but once more did not dig any further, making one wonder why he had brought the subject up in the first place. Some of his questions may have seemed random and out of place, but in the end they weren’t. Why he understood words alone solved nothing, he did take them into consideration when trying to gauge a person and their personality.

From what he could see here, this one had the sort of mind that took in all the variables instead of focusing on one aspect and then using that as a base for answers. The end result created broad answers unless direct questions were asked and while to a degree this tried his patience, he also seemed to accept this broad way of thinking. If he hadn’t he probably would’ve never gotten to the point they were currently at let alone quietly swallow the answer given.

Regardless of this new silence, golden orbs would drift back over to the other as the subject of servitude came up. To the reaction and words given, Tamiki would give the other a blank look making it hard to tell what was going on in his mind.

“Die?” he would repeat and then taking a breath, he would lean back a bit stretching as he held onto his crossed legs for balance. "Well dying is something, but also a sad escape. While it isn’t fair or even right being forced into that sort of life, the dead can’t make changes, but the living can. So instead dying, I would prefer to live in the Hell because in the end, I still have a chance to be free.”

His voice was devoid of emotion, but rather calm as he watched the sky for a moment. Servitude...it was a sore subject for him, but alas what he had said rang true when it came to himself. He was much too stubborn to throw in the towel and simply die because of chains. No he fought those chains until he could break them or the struggle took him out. It was as simple as that. Regardless of the subject matter or the change in behavior, the moment would only last for a few seconds it seemed for as soon as he slumped forward a bit and relaxed again, the look and strange air had disappeared leaving the more lively person the man had been dealing with the whole time in place of that more questionable personality from before.

Regardless of how that went, Tamiki would huff a bit at what was heard next as he shook his head. “Yeah. Yeah. I know.” He wasn’t exaactly mad at this, but rather mildly amused in a fashion. He didn’t quite get it. Everything said that was hopeful or what not the guy would grab it, turn it around, and pull it down again. He wasn’t sure why the other had this way of knocking hope to the side and keeping things grounded firmly in reality, but he did. It was a strange sort of thing to encounter that Tamiki wasn’t sure if he liked or hated. Regardless, the comment wasn’t to go after the other as Tamiki just found a different way of agreeing on the matter for now otherwise they’d probably go in circles and create an odd argument. Something while it could be entertaining, he didn’t want to toy with at the moment. Though it had him wondering if the guy even had a sense of hope or if everything he did or choose to do was based off of careful analysis of the matter. Very curious, but a study for another time.

So what’s up silence? You doing alright? Ah I see. You were just passing by again. Cool, cool. Bothered? No. No. More like just counting how many times I’ll run into today. Amusing? Yeah. Yeah. It is very amusing. Mhm. Yup. Well, see ya next time! And so the silence that came after the repeat issue came up came and went.

Having nothing more to say or go off of, Tamiki would blink as he brushed his bangs aside with his left hand. Such a pretty day. He wondered how long the weather would remain this way. That aside though, the young man would glance at the other as once more that logic tried to suck optimism right out the topic. To this, he would shake his head lightly.

“I dunno; however, humans are more adaptable than you give them credit for.” Sure not learning a language and trying to find other means to communicate was a challenge in and of itself, but in the end humans had proven time and time again that they did find someway to do it. “As for being unreliable, that could be said almost anything. Even so, there is always some hope that things can work out despite the situation or challenges,” he would blink as he leaned forward a bit and pointed lightly at the other. “Do you have no hope or faith in what the living can make possible?” An odd question, but he wanted to know. Was this guy really so grounded in logic and reality that he could not hope? Or were the words being said just the tip of something more?

That mystery aside, let’s focus on back on something even more peculiar occurring.

The blank face given would only be met with a rage riddled one. “Yours damn it!” Tamiki was in complete denial that this whole thing was all his fault….even if underneath he knew it was mainly his temper that got them there. Even so, anger and pride just wouldn’t let him admit that and when he wound up pinned, it was that same pride and stubborness that kept him glaring at the other with defiance and rebellion. He was pissed still yes, but more so at himself than the other. He could not believe he let his temper go that far out of control and as much as he wanted to continue to...throw his tantrum….Yes….this was a tantrum. He’d admit that……

As much as he wanted to continue to throw one, he knew as he remained pinned under the other that that was not the wisest of choices. Though knowing this did not make him any less annoyed or heated about the current predicament.

He would watch the other and his actions not liking this one bit or the fact that the other had the nerve to try and pull a joke at this situation. Talk about rubbing salt into wounds. His displeasure was displayed by the rather agitated look on his face though when he spoke his words were surprisingly calm despite the heat there.

“Well...I dunno. Should I be enjoying this?”

Huh. It seemed despite how humilating this was he still could be sarcastic and go along with what was being said. Though one had to wonder if there was truth behind the statement. While he could’ve easily made an attempt to push the other that sat on him off, he surprisingly did not. It was uncertain what was going through the smaller male’s head as he allowed himself to be pinned by the taller beauty, but one thing was for certain, he wasn’t moving to resist despite how uncomfortable this was.

As he heard the next round of words, he would watch the other moodily for a moment before blinking and looking off to the side with a displeased frowned.

“If I was going to do anything more, don’t you think I would’ve done it already rather than let you continue to sit on top of me?”

Proof or no proof, the truth of the matter was if he had planned to go further with the tantrum, he would’ve pushed the other off or done something else a long while ago rather than sit and allow this humiliation to continue. The fact he hadn’t done anything thus far was proof enough that he was submitting to the other. Though he hated to do so, he knew this was better than being childish about the situation...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:38 pm

The amount of silence could certainly be overbearing for some, but Sharaku hardly cared. He didn’t seek endless chatter to begin with, and while he could enjoy a long conversation on a topic that interested him, he didn’t literally need it. If the other was more outspoken, perhaps this would go differently, but then there would also be the risk of him growing irritated due to not having a moment to think to himself. So perhaps, this was actually a good thing, as long as neither of them started having doom thoughts about what it could mean. While he didn’t think in sparkly rainbows, he wasn’t immediately convinced it was bad either, so for him, this wasn’t even an issue. Not until it somehow got so far that they weren’t speaking to each other at all, at which point...something would certainly be wrong.

He would scratch at his cheek lightly when he got a bit walled off with that final statement. He would have kind of liked to know why exactly had he been asked to clarify in the first place, but it would seem the other wasn’t willing to give up the reasoning hidden behind it all. Sure, he had his guesses as to why this happened, but with what he received now, he couldn’t even tell how his words were taken. ‘’I wasn’t even aware it died, but so be it.’’ He couldn’t exactly force the other to be clearer on this, so that would have to suffice. Besides, it was either say something mildly random, or turn this into silence again, seeing as the answer given had been decisive enough to not allow for much of a window to continue talking.

When the subject matter..went towards dying somehow, he would just kind of shrug nonchalantly with a faint click of his tongue. He was largely unbothered by this in general, thus he gave no real reaction to the other’s momentary change in the end. ‘’I find that to be variable. Maybe sometimes it is worth it, but a lot of people can come back from any sort of hell in the state to be readily admitted into some sort of mental asylum. I’m not really afraid of death, and if I had to pick between peace and going completely insane, maybe the former would in fact be more pleasing.’’ Not everyone can just casually weather through horrible conditions and not break apart. And once you do break…is that sort of life truly worth living, just for the chance that it may one day get better for you? In case it never ends up brightening up, you will have committed yourself to living a nightmare. So yes, death may at times be a sad escape, but it is not always the best option to shun the idea simply because of its implications.

At the huffy response, he would raise an eyebrow, but opt to not say anything. He could poke at it, but he didn’t feel motivated enough to dig for hidden meanings right now. And maybe it was something he didn’t even want to know anyway. The two of them seemed to be on the opposite sides more often than not, so what chance was there that continuing this would cause any sort of agreement? Probably very little of a chance, based on previous happenings.

Speaking of that topic, it’s exactly what would be brought up afterwards, as Tamiki chose to counter things with hopeful statements again, topping it off with questioning him on the matter. He would open his mouth at first, as if he was about to say something, then promptly close it again as he just stared at the other for a while. He wasn’t sure just how far he wanted to go with this one. It was already painfully obvious they weren’t about to shake hands and agree on this, and pushing the matter could be dangerous. While he himself wasn’t about to get furious over a disagreement, he didn’t know how well he could trust the other to stay on a calm plane through such a talk. Still, he had to answer with something…

‘’Wrong guess. I can understand hope being a thing. What I do not really like is when that is the most common answer given to just about anything. Usually, when I’m discussing some problem, I want an actual solution that can be applied, not to just be told that I should kick my feet up and rely on hope and chances. There’s never a guarantee that having faith will help you pull through, therefore I prefer to look at the possibility of knowing what to do to fix it on my own first and only leaving things up to hope when there is no other option available anymore.’’

Really, what is the point when hope ends up being the answer to everything? Sure, a bit of optimism doesn’t hurt, but doesn’t turning everything to hopefulness imply that you yourself have no idea how to solve the problem in the first place? When you talk like that too much, it looks like you’re trying to dodge the subject and cover up your own lack of competence in the matter by announcing that there’s a chance no matter what. Of course there is, that’s a given. But does saying so prove or solve anything? No, it doesn’t…..

….moving onto more pressing matters though…

‘’Oh? So you’re saying I’m actually controlling you somehow?’’ How about no? It’s not like he was pulling the guy by strings or something, so how could it be his fault that the other chose to not even attempt to reign his temper and just blow up? As much as it would be entertaining to be a psychic and have mind control, he couldn’t claim he was capable of such a feat.

Thankfully, it would chill out a bit once the guy found himself unable to flail around further though. He would half shrug when he was asked about enjoyment. How would he know that? ‘’Maybe? I don’t know, but I’d certainly find this at least a bit more enjoyable than having to focus on not getting beat up somehow. It’s not like I’m doing anything to you right now.’’ Yes, it could be awkward simply because of the position itself, but there wasn’t much more to it at the moment. He wasn’t going to do anything to the other for no reason, and the current situation wasn’t even making it worth it anyway.

He would tilt his head slightly.

‘’It’s still more favorable to me this way. You could try, but your movement is still restricted in this position, therefore you couldn’t harm me as badly as if you were completely free.’’

There was not that much the guy could do like this. No charging, building up a swing or anything like that, so a hit would certainly hurt much less than if the other was free to move however he wished to. Though, he would sigh a bit…

‘’Does it bother you that much? If I wanted to take advantage of this somehow, I could have tried already.’’

He didn’t feel like this was too big of an issue right now, but he would still comply somewhat, moving from fully pinning the guy down to just sort of crouching over him. That way, the other would have the space to scurry away if he wanted it so badly.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Silence weren’t a big thing for the creature. It was fine with them and found breaks from chattering quite nice. While it was true the dark hair male was a tad bit more quieter than his more bubbly blonde side, it was also a given fact that the creature wasn’t a rambler...at least if it was sober and stable it wasn’t. However, that was a completely different story. The point was despite his wandering thoughts nothing bad was coming out of the silences and since they were able to somewhat get conversations going again, the creature hardly minded the quiet spots in the conversation.

Things would continue to be quiet since Tamiki didn’t go too much further into the reasoning behind having the man clarify his words from earlier. From expression and body language, Tamiki wasn’t taking badly to it, but rather he just seemed to think about something quietly after the explanation. Even when he did see the other scratch his cheek and make the comment about the horse, the dark hair male wouldn’t expand upon it as he just gave a sheepish smile in response. He didn’t like leaving in the guy in the dark, but at the same time, he wasn’t sure if it was wise to take things into even more complicated levels than they needed to be at this point. It was already hard enough getting through some things without butting heads and considering they were not close, he didn’t want to exactly upset the other or potentially chase him off due to more sensitive matters. That was not his goal for this meeting, so the young man kept his mouth shut as he looked off again to observe the scenery around them.

He wouldn’t truly refocus on the other until the subject of freedom and dying came up. To what was heard, Tamiki would tilt his head slightly at that one. “Mmm. Well I suppose that is true when you look at it that way. Maybe death is best for the broken, but I am not sure. I just...can’t find true clarity in that matter considering you cannot tell what a person wants once they are broken. Do they want to die? Do they want live? It is questions like these that make what you just said a bit questionable. I suppose if we leave it in simple terms though...I too would choose death rather than be broken. So there we there we can agree.”

Freedom, servitude, insanity, death….these were topics that while the creature was not afraid to poke at, they certainly could get to a level of complexity it could not quite untangle...and yet he liked to poke at it anyway...just not with another that has such a different view on the matter. Maybe if they were closer this could continue, but for now? Nope. He would let it rest there unless further prying and poking came. In any case, Tamiki managed to keep himself from going too far off track there, so maybe what he said wouldn’t cause some philosophical debate. Either way, he would wait to see how the other translated it all and then adapt from there.

Shifting from one complicated topic to another that ended in silence, Tamiki would only tilt his head the other way at the raised eyebrow wondering what the guy wanted to say, but upon hearing nothing he would let the matter go and instead find himself falling into something else as he asked what the other what he had thought was a simple question. He had wanted to know the guy’s standing on hope, but what he got in response was well…

Tamiki would remain quiet as he simply waited for the other watching the expressions and actions that went by calmly. Remaining in his leaned position, he would hear what was said before leaning back as he crossed his arms with a frown. His expression was moody as usual, he wasn’t trying to be hostile as he thought a bit on this one. He could poke and pry at this, but knew for a fact that despite asking the question he was not the best half to hold these sort of discussion with. He honestly wanted a simple answer, but the answer given went a lot deeper. He was quiet for a few more seconds before giving up on finding a safe answer and just spoke what was on his mind.

“Independent and safe-reliant all the way I see. Not a bad thing, but I think you’re bit off point when it comes to hope, at least when applying it to us. I am not saying to kick back and rely on some higher being to bring about miracles. No... if it was that easy humans as a race would not have to fight so hard to get where they are. I agree with finding a solution to problems, but I also believe having a bit of hope or faith goes a long way too; however, I am not asking you to agree or trying to convince you of doing things differently. I just thinking maybe you should be a bit more open to the idea rather than thinking just because hope is mentioned one isn’t going to do the work.”

Eh. This was probably gonna be a rough patch for them, but the words that were spoken weren't designed for debate, but rather just to clear up some things instead. Was it unnecessary? He wasn’t sure, but at the same time Tamiki did not want the other to misunderstand his standing on the matter either. Yes, he was the optimistic sort and wanted to see the good ending rather than the bad; however, he was highly aware of the other angles and while he did have a strong faith and belief system in things that could not be proven or explained, he was not the type to just say “Let’s hope for the best” and then not do the work necessary to attempt to make that better scenario happen.

While the pair might not agree here, perhaps the matter would not explode as badly as a former topic had….

“As if you could!” No. No he was not saying that the other was puppeting him and making him do anything. What he was saying was that the guy had a hand in escalating this. After all, his handling of the matter from time to time was not exactly smooth. At least to Tamiki’s mind it wasn’t.

Perhaps he was used to a softer hand and a gentler approach from people rather than something stubborn and a lot tougher to understand or handle. The guy was confusing and made Tamiki's usual confidence take a back seat as he stepped on uncertain ground. He wanted to figure this all out, but felt as if he was running up against walls and that in turn drove him batty. Now it could be that he was simply not thinking the situation through in his angered state, but whatever the case was that fire would rage until he was pinned.

Once pinned, the fire died down considerable as the pair had a chat of a sort. Agitated in a different fashion, he would hear the response given back to him about enjoyment.

“Tch. Well, whoo-hoo for you,” he would grumble. He understood the other’s point and quite frankly if the tables had been flipped, he might’ve kept a threat pin too. It was only natural to keep oneself from further harm, but even so that did not make the situation easier to swallow. Even so, he continued to let himself be pinned as he let the situation at hand calm the rest of the fire within him and in turn help him see clearer.

Much calmer, he would take to watching the other that sat upon him as the conversation continued on.  To his next set of words, he would glance back up at the other for a moment before rolling his eyes a bit.

“Nah. I didn’t notice that,” he would say sarcastically. It was true he couldn’t really do much flailing, but if he had really wanted to he could’ve turned the situation around and attempted to push the guy off or even reverse it and try to pin him. Luckily for the guy though, he wasn’t aiming to do that right now, so he would remain pinned until quite unexpectedly the guy moved where he could escape if he wanted to.

For a moment, Tamiki didn’t move a bit caught off guard by this as his eyebrows raised slightly at the other perplexed. Why was he doing this if he had just said a moment ago it was safer to keep him pinned?

“Do you think this is wise?” he would ask, hesitating for only a second longer before cautiously pulling himself from under the other. He wouldn’t move far away, the distance between them at least a ruler’s length or two. Definitely not enough space to perform any wind ups or anything of that nature as he sat up and began to dust himself off. He was a bit ruffled for sure, but at least not so aggressive he was going to lash out physically again.

Still dusting himself off a bit, he would pause a bit at the question as he glanced up at the other and then unable to keep eye contact looked away again.

“Not in the fashion you may think it bothers me,” he would begin and then pause a bit to fix his shirt. “I’ll admit for some that positioning is awkward and uncomfortable...and I will also admit that the thoughts of what another may or may not do in those situations do cross the mind; however, the reason it was so uncomfortable was because you had already won. So keeping me pinned seemed unnecessary in my head. Especially when I was showing signs I was not going to do anything by not reacting to the pin in the first place.”

He would glance up at the other moodily, but in his eyes there seemed to be a bit of guilt. It was the kind of look one gave when they knew they were in the wrong, but at the same time had too much pride or stubborness to outright say they were sorry. He would only watch the other for a few seconds before looking away again.

“....Hmph....”

The huff was very light as he continued to study the area around them or whatever he could find that was not the man near him. This was embarassing, but at least it seemed the storm was over for now.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Extended silence or not, all that would eventually pass, with them moving onto rather dark themed subjects. He would shrug lightly. ‘’It’s not like I spoke about deciding someone else’s fate, did I? It’s more about choosing one’s own. If a broken person in question wants to live, it’s their call. If they want to die, they could probably make that happen as well. I don’t intend to interfere in someone’s life that way unless it is truly necessary for some reason. Still, I find it to be a sad way to live in most cases, and there is never a guarantee that one would get better to the point they can ever have a normal life again. Which is why I’d say death may be more favorable. It is not a rule though.’’ It comes down to just how bad off you ended up, and what chances of recovery do you have. At times, it may be worth it to try and keep living, but there are occasions when it’s basically equivalent to self-torture. To each their own, however.

When the topic of talk changed to different beliefs about hope, he would give the other a somewhat blank look for a moment, before rubbing at the bridge of his nose. That wasn’t really the point. Yes, he knew that. And he didn’t really think that way. Still, it was not something he liked to hear during a discussion of any sort. Bringing up hope as a solution basically kills the talk itself…because what is even the right way to respond to that? You can’t argue with it, because hope is an intangible force, and could happen or not happen at random. There is nothing logical about it, therefore you can’t oppose it or anything at all.

‘’It’s not even truly about that. I don’t care about what you choose to believe in as long as it isn’t being shoved down my throat every few moments. I’m just saying that I don’t really like it when discussions veer that way randomly. When you bring up hope rather than anything else, that’s basically equivalent to ending the conversation right there. What can I say to that? Faith doesn’t work on any logic, therefore there is nothing meaningful to say to it. One can’t even really speculate whether it will work or won’t. It just exists. If hope is the sole theme you mention…well, it doesn’t quite matter whether you’d do the work or not. Not when I don’t get to hear anything more specific about it, so I actually have something concrete to build a response on.’’

Well, maybe there was a way. But he personally just did not know what to say towards strictly hope-based statements. It was just…okay, now what? They were already falling into silences a lot, and moments like that didn’t exactly help it, did they?

‘’Want me to try?’’ Frankly, he wasn’t completely sure what the other was trying to accomplish at this point. Therefore, he would kind of simply go with the flow of the continuous accusations and whatever. There wasn’t much else he could do, was there?

But yes, he wasn’t easy to get along with, nor soft in most cases. Regardless, it wasn’t like the other was any easier to deal with, so this went both ways. If you aren’t good at handling something, you can’t expect someone else to suddenly be expert at doing the same thing after all.

‘’Thanks…?’’

Well, he didn’t know whether he should even respond to that one somehow. Still, he kind of did in the end, just to say something. He had been mildly tempted to make a joke about the guy being a cheerleader, but even he knew that it was a bad idea at the moment.

‘’You’re welcome.’’, he would raise an eyebrow slightly at the sarcastic statement that followed. He wasn’t the best at navigating waters of this kind, for it was always a clash between poking back or falling back somehow, and he was never certain on which one would be the better choice to pick.

Regardless of odd back and forths, he would eventually move a bit to let Tamiki get away, and just half-shrug at the question he received for the action. ‘’Does that matter? I don’t think I’d stand to gain anything by keeping you down forever, and not even I’m as cautious as that. Technically, if you wanted to hit me still…it would probably not have mattered how long I kept you down. You could always start again the moment I let you go, I suppose.’’ Some people would definitely be willing to wait it out until they had free reign again, therefore it wasn’t like he would ever be completely safe from some backfire.

Staying in his position for now, he would watch the other sit up and speak up again after a while. ‘’…honestly, I don’t really see that as valid in most cases. I may have won, but that says nothing in a fight without rules. For all I know, you could have been faking being calm, so that I’d let you go and give you another chance before I could react to it. I call it having some caution at least, rather than letting victory get to my head right away. Would you have let your opposition go immediately just because they seemed to be calmer if you were in my place?’’, he would inquire slightly, with a tilt of his head. He wasn’t trying to argue on this one, but he was certainly curious. Would the guy be as trusting of an opponent as he appeared to want others to be towards him? Outside of that…personally, he would have found the former two issues to be more uncomfortable, rather than it being so just because he had lost.

Though, when the guy started huffing and looking away, he would simply watch for a bit, before deciding to raise another question. ‘’What would have happened if I did try to do something to you?’’ Not that he would have, but it would be interesting to know just how bad of a reaction he would have received in such a situation.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 am

Tamiki would glance over at the other as he saw the shrug and heard the words. He absorbed them well enough as he gave a light shake of his head. “No you didn’t speak on anyone else, but my mind cannot help, but think in broader terms at times before focusing once more.” Eh. His thinking process was less focused at times, but he more or less understood what the other was saying. “While I know it doesn’t help much reflecting, I have to wonder when faced with a scenario like that myself. Is death really the best option and while it can be argued others cannot impact your choice in the end, for me at least the wandering thoughts stops the initial thought to just end it all. It gives me some more strength to fight on and think clearly,” he pause as he sighed a bit and closed his eyes. “I know there is no guarantee of anything getting better and quite frankly, I wouldn’t want to live broken, but if there is even the slightest chance and I am able to do something, then I keep fighting and looking towards that “better day”. Too optimistic? Maybe, but I am not for throwing in the towel so easily. Even if the facts prove otherwise….”

A master of your own fate. He understood that and maybe that is why even against all odds he continued to fight on while everyone else either gave up or submitted to other choices less favorable. The situation of being broken and living or not was no exception to this rule; however, despite where the topic had gone, The young man would eventually shake his head again as he looked over at the other with a sad smile. “Heh. Didn’t mean to get so deep into that. Let’s find something else to talk about it.” He wasn’t avoiding the subject, but he knew if it continued on this way it would probably start getting into even much touchier territory than this...and to be honest he was unsure if he could trust himself to handle that. He...didn’t want another blow out, so it was probably best to leave the matter alone for now and find more simple topics to speak on.

...Or not. It seemed they rolled from one complex subject to another that gained blank faces and pinchings of the bridge of the nose. How did this end up happening so much between the pair? Was it really due to miscommunication? Or was this just what happened when more touchier subjects came up and the two parties could not see eye-to-eye? It was definitely odd, but along came round two of complicated things. Well on the bright note, it seemed that what was said was easy enough to understand and respond back to.

“Ah, so that is what this is about. Hmm...” He would trail off as he tilted his head a bit at the other and watched the other with a thoughtful expression for a few moments. It was hard to say what he was thinking, but it appeared for now the smaller male was at least accepting and letting go of the subject as he spoke again. “Well if that is the case, then I’ll try to be more conscious of what I am saying because quite frankly when I speak of hope, I am not trying to write off a subject. It’s more like trying to build up some happier thought to push through whatever matter is at hand even if there is no guarantee it will end well. I still want the solution and to be able to see things clearly, it’s just the drive and motivation for us is different is all.” And there was nothing wrong with that. Tamiki choose to place his beliefs in faith and in turn hope to push forward through the dark to get to something better while the other preferred to rely more on himself and remained more grounded in reality than that. It was different for sure, but the good thing about this whole matter was at least Tamiki had discovered a different way to approach things when it came to this one. While he could do what he wanted belief wise, if he wanted to avoid future clashes, he’d just have to find more solid solutions to problems presented...or rather expressing them clearer. Alright. He could work with that.

Alright. So that one didn’t go too badly, so what happened to chatter and how did they end up at hostile city again? This situation seemed to be an up and down ride for the pair, but despite the heat, it looked like things were calming down.

“Try all you want, you won’t win!” Eh. He had actually lost sight of his point at this time and was now responding back because he simply couldn’t let pokes like that go. It was a sad case, but Tamiki did not like to be beaten...and yet that is exactly how this ended when the other pinned him. It was rather ironic really, but even so the defeat and humility calmed him down considerably and helped clear out the rage.

The calmer he became the more easier it became to handle being sat upon and also the words that were being spoken. To the thank you, he would just let out a moody “hmph” as his eyes drifted to the side quite annoyed, but it seemed like the words rather than the situation as whole was causing this reaction. Interestingly enough, the tension in his body was giving away and he was actually relaxing under the other. It seemed that despite his initial response he was becoming okay with the current arrangement to a degree. Well that was nice.

His eyes would shift slightly to watch the other from the corners as he heard the next comment. He could’ve flared again, but instead seemed to poke back despite his situation or serious expression.

“Smart-ass,” he would say his tone soft and devoid of hostility and maybe if he wasn’t currently humiliated he might’ve added a playful smile to it, but this round he didn’t, leaving his tone of voice and his glance to speak for him...if the other could catch onto the intent under it all that is. Despite this, he would eventually be freed from the positioning and left to lick his wounds so to speak as the conversation took a different turn.

Before moving he would hear the response given and after a moment of thought would simply give the other a neutral expression. “No. I suppose it doesn’t,” was all he had to say to that before he was moving to sit up. He took note that the other remained where he was, but for the most part didn’t seem mind as he listened to what was being said.

“Perhaps for most cases it wouldn’t apply, but for me at least the rule is more or less there. I don’t have the tendency to go for vengeance snaps unless I am too far off the handle to see anything clearly. It’s just not my style.” He...had an odd sense of honor and even stranger ways of admitting defeat, but even so when he submitted he went in all the way and not with some intent to just turn around and bite someone again. Granted the other wouldn’t have known that, but now he did. So that was that.  As for the question posed, he would shift a bit as he knocked some grass out of his hair as he spoke in calm tones.  “It is true an opponent can be tricky and determining to keep them pinned or not honestly depends on the type of person you are. I for one am probably not the best to ask that sort of question to for depending on my mood or how cocky I want to be, I just might let you up just see if you would dare try again. My sense of caution is less than yours. So I cannot say if I would or would not let you up were the tables flipped.” Well at least he was being honest there, so take as you will. Anyway, things seemed to become a bit more quieter as his temper settled and for the most part he became content enough that he was decent again. While it would take a moment, Tamiki would eventually look back at the other as he was asked a rather odd question.

Taking a moment to actually work out a logical response, he would settle for giving the other a rather neutral expression as he spoke.

“Considering how heated I was back there, I wouldn’t have taken kindly to it and would’ve ended up harming you for real depending on how bold you got with your move.” It was a dangerous game to play with fire like that. While he could play, trying to be funny while he was angry or feeling threatened was just asking for him to lash out even more and depending on the severity of it all, that lash could become deadly. Yes, he understood the other could counter, but he wouldn’t have escaped unharmed that is for sure. On that note, his would tilt his head at the other, a bit curious despite the fact he was still recovering from defeat. “...Why do you ask?”

He wasn’t assuming anything bad of the other, but he was curious as to why he was asking such a question like that. It seemed a bit out of the blue for him.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:32 pm

There was certainly a lot he could have said to that. To be fair, didn’t wondering work both ways? You can wonder whether death is really the best option...but the same way, you could try to wonder whether holding on is the best option instead. Is it? Your thoughts can wander around all they want, but in the end, you do need to make a clear decision, whichever one it is. Deciding that death would be better for you doesn’t make you any weaker or imply that you don’t possess the strength to fight on. In the same way, one could argue that a person who chooses to backpedal and instead bank on optimism forever isn’t strong enough to actually make the hard choice, because there is actually nothing easy about sealing your own demise, which makes the idea of it being referred to as ‘throwing in the towel so easily‘ pretty ridiculous. After all, once you die, that’s it, while staying alive still leaves you with the safety blanket of being able to make other choices later. Picking death doesn’t have to be about giving up or submitting. It’s a valid choice, just like any other. Neither is meant to be any more or less admirable than the other, as both carry their own good and bad consequences.

He hadn’t exactly been trying to say one is better than the other, which was why he brought up the premise of everyone deciding their own fate as the main point in the first place. He would sigh faintly, eventually not really saying much since the other decided to pretty much shut the topic down. He did seem to be mildly unhappy about something on a glance though…

‘’If that is what you wish. Though, I will say that I disagree with the idea that fighting on requires much more strength than choosing to end it, if nothing else.’’

Though apparently, all that resulted in was them moving onto a another in depth subject anyway. Thankfully, this time around he would get a better response than last time, as much as he didn’t quite understand parts of this one either. He would tilt his head slightly, furrowing his brows in confusion. ‘’So, you’re saying that thinking about it actually helps you? I don’t think I understand. I can talk about hope existing, but it changes nothing about how I feel. Hope always exists as something to consider, therefore I never saw it as a train of thought that would make me feel happier or more inspired to keep going. It’s not like it’s a special thing that only pops up occasionally, so what about it is it that makes people see it as some sort of cheer up method? The same way, one could say that the imminent possibility of failure is always there, and yet almost no one is getting all depressed periodically simply because of its sole existence.’’ He really wasn’t trying to argue on this matter or anything. He was simply just confused about it. It didn’t make much sense to him, no matter how he looked at it. What makes hope so significant, seeing as it’s not the only kind of ‘chance’ in play to begin with? There’s just as big of a chance that you will fail, as there is that you will succeed, and both are always present in the final big picture….

Whatever happened there though…

‘’Right.’’ He could have tried to counter with a smart remark of some kind, but he didn’t feel enough of a need to do so at that point, therefore that would have to suffice. His intent wasn’t to turn this into some pointless argument anyway, for that wouldn’t end up resolving anything.

After that little interlude, he would stay quiet for a while, simply watching the other, until he was directly spoken to again. At the rebuttal, he would smile thinly. ‘’With pleasure.’’ The only thing to do at that point was to keep it up, and maybe the statement wasn’t even wrong at all. He could certainly be a smart-ass of sorts when he chose to be, so he wouldn’t see a point in being offended about it in any way or form.

Listening to the explanation given a while later, he would simply hum to himself lightly. ‘’Well, I wouldn’t mind it either way. Being down doesn’t hurt.’’ He didn’t like someone taking control very much, no, but something as simple as being pinned down for a bit likely wouldn’t bother him extremely. Unless the situation was truly dire and he couldn’t afford to waste time laying around under someone like a fool.

…and ouch? Someone had next to no restraint, eh? Well, the guy could be glad he wasn’t someone else, because there sure were some people who would have tried going that way. ‘’Hm…’’ Why did he ask…Well, just because..? No, that wasn’t a good answer. He would shake his head slightly to clear his thoughts, opting to not answer right away. Instead, he would choose to finally move from his crouched position, and in a rather unusual way. Dropping himself into something akin to a backwards roll, he would brace his hands against the ground mid-move, pushing himself into a handstand or a moment and then dropping onto his feet. Now that he was standing up, he would brush himself off like the other hand done in a sitting position before, while finally answering although he wouldn’t really be looking at the other for the moment.

‘’I was simply wondering. While I wasn’t going to do it, I’ll admit the idea could be tempting.’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Tamiki would remain quiet after giving his thoughts of choosing death if he was in a broke state. What he had said was not blocking out all the possibilities out there. He understood that no matter how much one thought or beat around the bush with the matter, in the end a decision had to be made and that decision would be his (or whoever’s) choice alone. He understood well thanks to actually having to make such a choice in the past, so he could understand just how hard it could be...but that was then and this was now. Even so he wasn’t making a judgement call or cementing himself in one set way with his statement. No he was simply expressing how he did not believe in giving up is all...Though how the other swallowed that was another matter.

In any case, Tamiki would try to move the topic away from the deep from now, but at what he heard and saw he would find himself, tilting his head as he observed the other a bit. The man seemed distressed even if his words were spoken calm enough, but….should he pry? Tamiki hesitated a bit with what he was about to attempt to do next. He...honestly didn’t want this situation to flare or blow up in any fashion again thus why he had made his earlier suggestion. However, it appeared the other might have more to say on the topic, but the question was would he speak? It was tricky, but in the end the dark haired male would brace himself for anything as he opened his mouth and spoke.

“....I know I asked to change the subject earlier, but…What exactly is on your mind? What is it you want to say on the matter?”

His voice was calm and non-hostile as he actually reopened the door on the previous topic to let the other have at it as he wished. He understood that this could potentially go bad considering that the conversation was shaky to begin with and they were still technically strangers, but at the same time nothing could be learned if one ran or danced away from a topic like this either. So choosing to be open on the matter, he would wait to see if the other would respond or not.

Welp that had happened, so now what? Oh, yes. This topic of hope. Right. Right. Where were we with this? Ah. Confusion. Mmm. Yes. That was the common trend here. Alright. Let us see here.

Tamiki would see the reactions and absorb the words, his arms folding as he closed his eyes a bit and gave a light hum of thought.

“Yes it does help me and others too,” he would begin and then reopening his eyes he would focus on the other as he let his hands drop to lap and he slouched forward a bit. "I’ve never saw hope as a thing that is relied upon when all other options are gone. Hope has been for me at least, a thought pattern that one chooses or choose not to use. I don’t think I can explain how it works, but positive thought versus sad or depressing ones tend to fill me at least with joy and strength. It is not so much a thing of inspiration as just the clarity I need to know that even if it does turn out bad, there is still something there that is better, then what is happening. And if my options run out and I end up against walls? Well that is too bad, but I am not going to mope about it. Instead, I flip those negatives and to make the best of it.”

He would pause with a slight frown as he rubbed his head a bit wondering if that made any sense at all or if he had just dug a different sort of hole. He couldn’t really unconfuse the other because in the end, it was a matter of thoughts...and thoughts weren’t easily changed or explained. They were a part of you and the deeper ones could not be shaken easily. Not that he was trying to do that anyway to the other. He had simply tried to explain how he viewed hope. He didn’t see it as chance or option amongst others. Didn’t view it as a thing so to speak, but rather it was more of foundation piece that made up a person and impact how they choose to live their lives. It could be discussed sure, but explained fully? Hmmm...well he tried to explain. Though how well he had done he had no clue.. If he had dug a bigger hole he would just deal with it. At least Tamiki wasn’t flaring at the talk or even imposing anything on the other as he actually showed he could have a calm conversation despite difference. Well this was good….right?

Maybe. He couldn’t actually see clearly through this situation. Couldn’t tell if what was going on now was good, bad, or what have you... and what happened afterwards only further the difficulty of untangling the situation.

They would continue to tango a bit, the conversation dying out to just heat and growls. Tamiki honestly didn’t have much to say and couldn’t exactly come up with something cheeky to say to such a short and final response. The man had made the right move to shut him up, but it took a kiss from the ground and being pinned for a bit to actually snuff the flames out for the time being.

With a clearer head, he was able to take the pin quite well and look. His lip even managed to curl a bit with a small smile as the other gave back his response to the smart-ass comment. “Oho. That’s real cute.” The comment was slightly dry, the humor there to poke back a bit, but not exactly imply anything. To be honest, the small smirk and comment came due to being slightly amused despite being highly annoyed about the pin.

It was odd...this situation and this guy.

On one hand, he was confused and frustrated to a point that words couldn’t exactly capture it and on another hand, he found the situation amusing. The end result was a bizarre and twisted form of pleasure he did not quite understand. Usually he didn’t humor such situations as this, but for whatever reason this guy...this person he usually would’ve shoved away was keeping him interested. Was it the challenge or something else that did this?

He wasn’t sure, but there was something there that allowed him, even after all that flaring, to calm and still tolerate this guy. It was baffling, but for now he simply went with whatever this was. As time ticked on, things seemed to get better or at least as better as it could get for this situation. At least he wasn’t pinned anymore and the conversations occurring now didn’t seem to be going badly...so far.

“I guess not,” he would say quietly. Yeah, a pin technically didn’t hurt and he could take them more or less; however for someone as prideful as himself, it was not always easy to swallow the defeat pill when it did occur….and having to swallow said pill for your own errors? Yeah….that was worse than the former and was the biggest reason why he had been uncomfortable to begin with. That and being forced to stay down meant there was no way he could hide his embarrassment from the other. So double smack to the gut.

Outside of that, the subject would turn to a strange what if matter and while he gave an honest answer he had to wonder what the other was thinking. He had gotten pretty quiet after he had spoken….and surprisingly didn’t make a comment on what was said. While he was curious as to the other’s thoughts, Tamiki didn’t pry for them. He knew he could come off as a loose canon with no restraint, but at the same time that was only a surface view. He had his rules and limits, but even so he would not let someone try and take advantage of him when he was down. It became degrading in a different fashion he did not tolerate….

Mm?

Sound would distract him from his thoughts his eyes drifting to the other as he shook his and then performed his strange action to stand. Without saying a word or showing any sign of shock, confusion, or distress, Tamiki would simply lean back in his sitting position, his eye narrowing to block out some of the light as he looked up at the other and heard his reply. To what was said, he would stay quiet for a few seconds before he locked a neutral look on the other.

“Tempting? Why?”

He was curious. While he could see some having twisted ideas when they had some pinned and at a disadvantage, he was curious as to what this one would hope to gain by performing such an action that could have some pretty nasty consequences if performed wrong.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Did he really want to speak though? Yes, he had been at the very least mildly unhappy about something, but that didn’t necessarily mean he actually wanted to add more to the topic at hand. Sure, he could have, but he didn’t consider it all that relevant anymore. They wouldn’t have agreed in the end regardless, would they?

He would sigh faintly.

‘’It has little to do with that exact subject anyway. I’m just tired, that’s all. The way these topics end up at times isn’t exactly always pleasing.’’

He couldn’t really explain properly beyond that. It was a rather complicated matter. While he wasn’t bothered in the sense of being mad over things and whatnot, it still didn’t mean he was enjoying himself all the way instead. Regardless, he wasn’t trying to keep the previous talk going at all, unless Tamiki decided to poke at it somehow, changing his mind about passing over it. After all, that one in particular was just a part of it all, rather than the sole cause of everything. Talking about it would likely change nothing at all though, since it’s not like things would suddenly be different. That had already been proven well, so he wasn’t sure how much it was worth it to bring the subject to light in the first place. Then again, the guy asked, so he gave some answer.

Well…

He would frown for a bit, saying nothing at first, but eventually just shrugging it off. ‘’I suppose I’m not going to understand either way. I usually can’t care less whether a thought is positive or negative by base, so the difference in nuances is lost on me. I normally don’t associate either with any specific mood changes.’’ Not unless it was truly bad or something. He could certainly be depressed or such, but that would be a somewhat unnatural state. As long as he was on a normal wavelength health wise, it mattered none to him. He could attempt to focus more on the positive, but it could never outweigh the fact that possible negatives existed enough to make him feel happier because of it. Same the other way around. Even when he spoke of possibly depressing things, it was often without a hint of true sadness, sans personal exceptions here and there. He would think and mention whatever he found interesting enough to ponder, and he couldn’t care less about whether it sounded good or bad.

Moving on from that, however.

The back and forth during and after the short fight seemed to be slowly dying out as well. Which in a way made sense, seeing as one can’t keep short responses going forever. They were bound to run out of comments to toss sooner or later.

‘’I’m being downgraded to a fluffball. How tragic.’’ Outside of jokes though, he was mildly confused. Normally, the guy gets mad and jumpy about smart-ass sounding comments and the like, and now it’s suddenly just cute? At times, he wasn’t sure how to gauge the situation correctly. Why do people have to be so complicated? Maybe he was just overthinking it, but it didn’t always make a whole lot of sense to him.

Sense or no sense, they would eventually separate from each other and move onto a different sort of talk that didn’t involve jokes of any sort. Well, technically speaking. When Tamiki asked for a clarification, he would look up at the sky at first, still standing where he was rather than making any moves to adjust again. Eventually, he would glance over at the other.

‘’I suppose it just sounds like an interesting opportunity. There aren’t many times you get close enough to a person like that, to have the chance. Though, that’s just a theory. Probably wouldn’t work well in real application.’’

He wasn’t dumb enough to think it was a wise thing to do. A lot of people wouldn’t find it too funny, unless they were the sort to be open to random invasions like that. Still, how does one even take these chances, if they want to do it without asking the person for a confirmation first. You know, element of surprise…?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:14 pm

He waited for a response at first getting silence before the sigh had come.

“Oh. I see.” That was all he could say to the subject. He had given the guy a chance to speak because he had thought he had something on his mind he wished to share; however, when the other shut the topic down like that the young man found there was nothing more to add to the matter. Besides what would be the point if it could potentially fall into debate and flares again? The guy did say the conversations were not pleasing and while it was true they did butt heads, maybe he was tired of talking on the subject or maybe just tired of him. He wasn’t sure how to translate that displeasure statement, but even so he didn’t let it bother him too much as he wisely let that subject go and let the conversation take itself to other places.

“Heh. Well, then there is no point taking it further,” Tamiki would say giving the other a light smile.There really wasn’t a point with this one for no matter how much one tried to explain the topic the results would always end up the same. Tamiki understood faith and hope in a different fashion that was beyond just thought patterns. It was more complicated and actually mattered more than something that one could just see as an option; however, there was no point trying to explain it further. It wouldn’t untangle any confusion or make the other understand better. In fact if anything the talk would probably cause agitations and a bout of circle running which Tamiki did not wish to humor at this point. Maybe for fun later on and if was dealing with someone that could take rambles, but today and now? Nope. He’d just let it go and move onto greener pastures….

Okay, well not really green pastures. More like tumbling down a hill uncomfortably. Tumbles and storms would come and go as words were passed and heated snaps were cooled off. Somehow through all the chaos, the pair ended up sliding into joke territory a bit despite the awkward situation at play. To the other’s remark, Tamiki would look back up at the other as his eyebrows rose a bit in amusement.

“Are fluffballs the only things allowed to be cute then?” he would ask his tones lightly playful still, but at the same serious making it hard to tell if he was just poking back or asking a legit question. The fact that he didn’t bother trying to explain or make the matter clearer could even suggest he was doing it just to see what sort of reaction the other would give. It was hard to tell since he had come down off his rage high and was actually more or less back to being calm and less than simple to understand. In the end, it showed he was not all about snaps and barking. He could be okay if given time and if poked under the right circumstance, he didn’t flare.

Regardless of what happened there, this would soon end as the pair separated and the talk shifted to other matters.

“True, but I guess how much it works or doesn’t work rests on how much you are willing to gamble with to test your theory and how prepared you are for it to blow up in your face.”

It was not a wise idea to pull funny things with strangers, especially when you had them at an uncomfortable disadvantage. Even so there were some that simply did not care about this factor and did what they did any way. He was just glad this guy wasn’t one of those idiots that liked to press buttons in the wrong way.

Anyway….it seems they have come to a dead end. Now what?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:38 pm

And so it went. Or better put, it didn’t really go anywhere.

‘’…’’

There was nothing left to say, was there? Even if he tried, he probably couldn’t get anything to be the way he wanted it to, or at least close enough. Maybe he was just really bad at this, but people seemed to so often react the opposite of what could have worked pretty well. What to do though? He could try to expect less or such, but what good did that do? If you set your standards to a trash level, of course everything will appear to be decent, but that doesn’t mean it truly is.

To top that, the following subject just kind of outran its stay, only prolonging the silences that loved to take place so much. He wouldn’t make the move to speak for now, so it was either going to be a standstill there, or potentially turn into something if the other had something to say still. Though based on how it was just ended, it would likely become the former…

Until things picked up at least somehow.

He would tilt his head slightly, a mildly questioning look. ‘’Who says that? I just provided them as an example. I think we’d sit here forever if I were to include everything else that could be called cute.’’ And if that was meant to be a poke at why he himself couldn’t be cute..well, he technically wasn’t? It was just a matter of someone’s opinion after all, and if he didn’t think of himself as such, they couldn’t really make him be. Then again, someone could say fluffballs aren’t cute either, but it was fairly likely most people would find them to be. Whatever.

‘’At times, risks are necessary to get something going.’’, he would shrug lightly as he looked over at the other calmly. Anything and everything can blow up in your face, that much has been proven. Sometimes, it happens even when you aren’t actually doing something that could be considered risky in the first place. So, what makes the difference in the end? If unintentional blow ups happen so easily, might as well do something where you could know the cause of a blow up for certain, instead of wondering why. And while he wasn’t taking that route as is, he could definitely see the appeal of viewing it that way….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 pm

It was odd really how cues and what not were missed so horribly here. Maybe Tamiki was not as good at reading others as he thought. Or maybe the one before him was simply out of his league. The guy was quiet and didn’t seem to try to make small talk meaning either he didn’t want to say anything, or perhaps Tamiki himself was just plain boring to him. It was hard to say. Even harder when openings seemed to be there, but only turned around and seemed to become shut doors. Everything was what it was not...and apparently the shorter dark haired male was bad at navigating such waters. If he had been a better navigator maybe the chat could’ve gone somewhere but alas it just became silence as the shorter male found himself pressing against a wall he had no clue how to climb. On top of that, his brain was running dry for ideas, so maybe this was bound to happen? Who knew the right answer at this point? Probably no one, but in the end it wouldn’t matter as silence passed over them until the conversation cropped back up in the most unlikely of ways.

To what he heard on the cute topic, Tamiki would actually give the other the slightest of smiles, a sign that the worse of the storm had truly passed for now.  “It was a rhetorical question. No one said it was a rule,” he would say as he watched the other with calm eyes that held a slight hint of amusement in them and surprisingly no hostility or anger at all. This guy - Sharaku ya? - was strange, but at least in this moment he didn’t seem so bad, but whether this was a lucky break or truly a part of the guy was another matter, but it was also something the dark haired male didn’t question too much as his mind refocused on what was said. “And is that bad? Sitting here talking about what is cute all day long?”

Huh. Such a strange question, but despite seeming like a poke on the surface, it seemed the shorter male was actually a bit curious of the other. Maybe he had asked because he was trying to discover what the other liked to chat about. After all wouldn’t that make conversation either here or sometime down the road (if they met again) easier? Eh. Well, it was out there if the other wanted to poke at a bit.

Answered or not, the calm would continue on as the subject somehow shifted to taking risk as the taller male remained standing and the shorter one remained on the ground. He would look up at the other meeting the calm gaze with eyes slightly narrowed against the light of day.

“Yeah. Sometimes it is,” he would agree before falling quiet to just study the other. There were all sorts of gambles in life. Some were for fun, others for thrills, and then some….some were to open doors to places one would’ve never considered before. Gambling was indeed a strange game with even stranger results...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:22 am

Yes, he was indeed quiet, but that’s simply how he was. He saw no need to speak simply for the sake of filling the air with sound. A conversation better have some actual meaning, otherwise the silence is in fact better in the end. Besides, was there even something to be said, with how all the ongoing talks just dissipated over time? Sure, one could try to start a new topic, but he found that somewhat unnecessary at this point, after all that has already happened. Eventually, something would happen, and happen it did.

At the response, he would tilt his head slightly. ‘’Would you want to be a fluffball?’’ Was that related to the topic at hand somehow? Maybe, and maybe not. Regardless, it’s not like there is a lot one can say after being told the last statement was only rhetorical, and this time he didn’t choose to go with silence, which could be taken as an improvement of sorts, if one wanted to. ‘’Sitting and talking? Not really. As for the subject matter being cute things, I’m not sure. That can go many ways, since basically anything could be cute, as long as someone says they think it is. Such a talk could end up both good and bad.’’ They could end up talking about puppies. Or even stuff like plushies, and any other thing that could possibly be cute. All of those are very different subjects to consider, so he couldn’t just say whether talking about ‘cute’ stuff is a bad thing or not. It comes down to where that initial idea leads. Right…?

Nevertheless, they would move on back to a realm of relative silence. He would glance down at the other briefly, but only offer a faint hum. As per usual, there wasn’t anything else that needed to be added to the conversation that happened, and he didn’t really have anything in mind right now…
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 am

Tamiki would tilt his head slightly at the other when he received a question in response to his statement. It was a rather odd one he wasn’t quite sure what to make of. It seemed out of the blue and so random that he had to wonder if the guy was making his own form of rhetoric, poking at him, or if he was actually asking a random question. Either way the pause would only last for a few brief seconds before he answered anyway.

“I don’t see how my form being changed would matter. I am me either way, so I guess I wouldn’t really be bothered by being a fluffball. You?” Sure having a form change would have its own ups and downs, but in the end it wouldn’t dedicate how he behaved unless his mind was being altered too. Now whether what he said was what the other wanted to hear was a different story and maybe he had translated the question all wrong, but he did respond and now waited to see what the end result of it was.

To what was heard next, the dark haired male would give a light hum of thought as he blinked slowly at the other as if to nod without moving his head. “I suppose there is an up and down to that as with any conversation. I guess it would depend on the subject at hand then and how much of a pissing contest the ones engaged in it wanted to have.” Yeah any conversation could turn into debate. After all, this whole ordeal showed that, but to get so riled up over whatever one considered cute? He for one did not get riled up by that. He….he kind of liked talking about cute things….

“…..So like….Since we are on the topic, do you like cute things? And if so what is cute in your eyes?”

A hesitant question, but a question nonetheless. It wasn’t that he was scared that he hesitated. No far from, but rather he had just stepped into uncertain territory here with this one. He...uh...he didn’t exactly ask or chat much about cute things because well...you know? He had a rep to hold up, but still...since it was just them it would be alright to ask right?

Well regardless of what happened there, the time for silence would come again as conversations died off. To the sound heard, Tamiki had nothing else to respond back with as his eyes drifted back over the landscape observing how lush it was in comparison to his brain which was dead and dry for subjects to speak on.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Why would it matter...? Well, it’s not like appearance matters none, is it? Depending on how you look and all, you can be capable of different things, and have a better or worse aptitude for certain actions. A fluffball would have a hard time performing certain actions, compared to a human being. ‘’I would probably prefer not to. It may not change you on the inside, but your body shape does matter in a way. A fluffball would probably be unable to do a lot of things a human can perform with ease. I quite like myself as I am right now, though if it was really necessary, then be it.’’ It would be a tough game, however. If anything, he’d rather pick to turn into some animal than a random fluffball….

He would snort lightly, when the other mentioned a pissing contest. ‘’I think I see no point in arguing about cute things, personally. That is one of the last things I’d want to have a contest about. Unless someone challenges me, that is.’’ What would they stand to gain by doing that, though? Doesn’t seem like something important enough to turn into a warzone. In his personal opinion, at least.

Hm? He would blink at the following question. He hadn’t expected the other to keep that topic afloat further. Then again, he didn’t exactly mind it. It was just a little bit unexpected. ‘’I….sometimes? As long as it isn’t cute in a way that makes it overly childish, I suppose it can be nice.’’ Not all cute things fell into the same category after all. He would scratch at his cheek slightly. ‘’Little animals, perhaps?’’ He wouldn’t mind a kitty or something like that. And although some animals weren’t all that desirable, they could still at least be sort of cute, right?

That said, that conversation would eventually die out into a silence, and he would entertain it at first, observing the clouds drifting across the sky briefly. After a while though, he would turn to glance back at the sitting male. ‘’Is there anything you’d want to do still…?’’ They couldn’t just pretend to be statues forever, so they would either have to pick something to do, or perhaps call this meeting quits at this point. He was currently fine either way, so he would offer Tamiki to make the decision.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Heh. So Sharaku was as sure footed in what he wanted to be as he was everything else then? It was kind of admirable to be honest. This guy was strong and confident..and kind of charming in sense. It was the type of personality that would drive most batty perhaps, but maybe because the guy seemed to show somethings that the creature lacked or even hoped for one day that he was such a curious and intriguing creature. Either that or maybe it was some other thing that caused the dark haired male to take the answer given with an easy nod, surprisingly not adding any smart comment to challenge the other when he said that turning into a fluffball would only happen if he had no other choice. Tamiki could’ve easily poked or pried at that one, but for one reason or another he chose not to butt heads as the answer seemed to satisfy whatever curiosity had made him ask the question in the first place.

That aside, Tamiki would hear the snort and what followed as he raised his eyebrows slightly at the response given. “Logically no sane person would, but I’ve seen people get into fights over the stuff before. It is kind of funny and sad all at once to witness that.” Not that he had done more than just witness such occurences of course. He couldn’t afford to blemish his rep with that sort of nonsense, so he kept this knowledge about himself under wraps when around masses of people. Even if he could be found around said “pissing matches” over such things as what was cuter chibi or some other anime? Or is this or that animal cuter than another? People viewed his amusement displayed when watching such disputes as simply taking pleasure in the conflict and nothing more. No stopped to wonder exactly what his true motive was behind the action….and if they did question him, they most certainly did not step up to him about it. Not unless of course they wanted their face rearranged. Anyway, random secret agendas aside…

The situation would take an amusing turn as Tamiki’s questioning caught the other male off guard causing him to blink and give answers that seemed a bit uncertain. It was kind of amusing watching how this guy could be dead set one moment and fumbling the next. He was indeed strange. Despite that minor amusement, the dark haired male would remain rather serious as he tilted his head at the other. “Overly childish? Like what?” he would ask his tone remaining calm and serious the whole time. When the other brought up the cute animal topic, Tamiki lips would twitch into a small smile. “Perhaps? You tell me. You should know if you find that sort of thing cute or not,” he would say, poking lightly at the other this round because he honestly could not not do so. He wasn’t sure how it happened, but just that fast the guy had been knocked off his game. Amusing, but something that in time would pass as silence came in and conversations became well non-existent.

In the time that the silence lasted, Tamiki would observe the other for a bit more before his eyes would drift elsewhere observing the nature in the area. He had just focused on a fish splashing along the surface of the lake ahead of them when the other spoke and brought him out of the thoughts. Glancing up at the other, Tamiki would stay quiet for a bit before with a light sigh, he would get up and dust himself off.

“I have no idea at this point. My brain has kind of run out of topics,” he said as he paused to flick a ant off his arm. Yeah...that guy wasn't allowed there. Anyway... He would look up at the other once again as he tilted his head at him, the expression he wore neutral. “You have anything else you want to chat about?”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Hm...

Well, it wasn’t entirely illogical. Still, he would have a hard time understanding why would someone find the label ‘cute’ important enough to be seriously argued about. It hurts no one, regardless of whether something is cute or isn’t. It’s just a matter of opinion, nothing more, nothing less. ‘’I just wonder why they care about what is cuter and what isn’t. That’s completely a subjective matter, so there is never any winner.’’ You can’t prove you’re right about something like that, so what’s the point in getting into a conflict about it? Sounds like a waste of time of sorts. If you want to argue, at least pick a subject that can be debated about more clearly.

When asked to clarify his claim, he would frown slightly. He didn’t really have a specific example in mind when he said that. ‘’I don’t know. I wasn’t thinking of anything specific. Maybe something like dressed up Barbie dolls? That really sounds like it’s only for kids.’’ He would honestly have next to no interest in such thing, and care about their cuteness even less. Though, ‘childish’ could be taken another way too. It’s one thing to consider something cute, but some people take said demonstrations too far, and it starts feeling more like a kid’s show, rather than anything else. There’s a difference between coming off as legitimately cute and downright clownish.

He would tilt his head. ‘’Just because I phrased it that way doesn’t mean I didn’t mean it seriously. Or you can take it as a suggestion if you will. It’s not like there would be a point in me bringing it up otherwise, since I can’t be asking you to tell me my own opinion.’’ He had been just..sort of musing aloud? There wasn’t an exact reason for why he worded it that way, to be honest. It just happened to end up that way. If he didn’t know, he probably wouldn’t even have any answer to the previously given question. Theoretically. Besides, bringing something up means you at the very least had it in mind anyway.

‘’Not in particular. That’s why I asked you.’’ There wasn’t anything that stood out as a good choice to him. Well, good as in better than any other possibility. That, and he didn’t feel like imposing his ideas at the moment, regardless of whether something came to mind or not.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:38 am

“Maybe not, but that doesn’t stop them from arguing anyway even over something as trivial as that,” Tamik would say and then frowning a bit he would scratch his head in thought. "Though maybe the subject matter is their excuse to what they like to do which is debate. I’ve observed in some people doing that before some cases, but in others I honestly don’t know. One minute they really going at it and the next they are laughing and patting each other on the back. I never really understood why people do what they do sometimes. Maybe the point isn’t to win. Maybe that is just how they have their “fun” or interact….I dunno…” he would trail off there.

Yes, he understood fighting about things such as what was cute or not cute was trivial in and of itself, but at the same time it was something amusing to watch and he had never seen break ups occur over it, so maybe it was a different form of communication he didn’t quite get. Or maybe they were arguing just to do so? It was really hard to say when one was only an observer of the mess. Regardless of the thoughts on what made an argument valid or not, the young man would eventually drop his hand once more as he looked up at the other as he gave an answer to what he considered childish.

To what was heard the dark hair male sighed a bit. “Dolls, huh? Heh..” he would give a small smile, but it was quickly fading as he became a bit quiet seeming to think on something for a bit with a distance look before blinking and coming back to reality as his golden eyes drifted to the other once more.
“Would you find it childish for someone not considered a kid anymore to collect them then?” he would ask with a tilt of his head. Such a strange question, but why was he asking such a thing? Was he just extending talk and seeking out thoughts on the matter? Or was there some form of purpose to it all? It was definitely a mystery and one that was not easily solved by simply watching the young man who watched the other back quietly as he waited to see if he would get an answer or not.

Speaking of answers, the next one was kind of a facepalm moment. The dark haired male gave the other a face that was somewhere caught between a sad face and a laughing one. Yeah he had poked a bit at him, but the poke wasn’t to make fun of the other or not take him seriously. In fact, this poke was something different. Though it would seem something got lost along the way. Tamiki would rub the back of his neck a bit as he gave the other a sheepish expression.

“I was trying to pry for more information. You know, something a bit more concrete than just the vague?” He was indeed searching for clairity, but maybe he had just phrased it the wrong way or maybe the point was missed during presentation. He wasn’t sure anymore, but it wasn’t something he was making to big of deal about. He just found it curious how they be doing fine for a little bit and then completely fall off the ball the next. Well hopefully, this little tumble wouldn’t end in more pain. He...was kind of liking this calm between them.

Well regardless of where that went, they would eventually come back to the topic of what to do next now that all conversations had died off. From the small back and forth going on, Tamiki would sigh lightly as he shoved his hands in his pockets and looked off to the side his eyes watching the few butterflies in the area.

“Well if you have nothing in mind either, then perhaps we should call it quits for the day?” he would ask not really sure what else to do. Yeah they had talked, but he was unsure after the round they went through if the other even wanted to simply just hang around or had other plans. He wasn’t sure what to do to keep the other entertained if the former did happen though. It wasn’t like they knew each other well enough to simply play by ear at this stage. So maybe a later meeting would be better? He wasn’t quite sure, but in the end he left the other to decide how things would play out from here.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top