Rika

Sharaku

Lake Adventures

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lake Adventures

Post by Sharaku on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:26 pm

''...‘‘

Well no, maybe it isn’t. Though his main point had been the absurdity of choosing such a subject to argue over in the first place. There are plenty other things that can create a much more meaningful debate. The point of debating tor arguing over the factor of cuteness was simply lost on him. It wasn’t something he would consider substantial enough to even be entertaining for very long. It would have to be presented extremely well for him to take any interest in a prolonged conversation over it. ‘’I can understand that one. It’s simply that I don’t get why would people choose such a pointless thing to use as a subject for any of it. I wonder what makes it so appealing.’’ Why even bother? Then again, maybe it was just because he had very little interest in that matter. Even then, it was odd to think that some people would find that kind of thing interesting or important enough….

He would raise an eyebrow at the somewhat odd response to his claim about dolls. For a moment, he wasn’t sure whether the other just missed his point, or was actually trying to imply….’’Depends.’’, he would answer after a moment of thought. ‘’There is a reason why I specified beyond just saying dolls in general back there. I’m not going to claim all dolls are made only for kids, so I would only question it if the person in question had a big interest in ones that are obviously only meant to be silly child toys.’’ Everything comes in variations after all. This sort of thing would come down to the specific situation at hand. What kind of dolls, and how, or what for? It’s not easy to just state a verdict without knowing all the details. It’s like judging someone too early, and that obviously never ends well, despite how much it tends to happen. He knew that well enough.

Moving on to personal choices though….

Tsk. Well, he didn’t quite get what would he deserve that kind of reaction for. Even if he had answered a simple yes to the inquiry the other presented before, the outcome would have been the same. No matter how he would try, he didn’t see anything in the questioning that would imply wanting more information. All the guy had really asked was whether he was sure if he found what he mentioned cute or not. And he did answer that, did he not? He didn’t get it, unless he was supposed to see something that wasn’t even there.

Minor absurdities aside and all, he would offer Tamiki a sort of deadpan ‘really?’ kind of look at the clarification he received.

‘’Unless I was supposed to search for some hidden meaning, all that your prodding implied was that you wanted me to make a more solid stand. Poking at whether I’m certain because I worded it with a perhaps does in no way sound like asking for extra new information to me. Technically, I did answer what your inquiry presented, did I not? Regardless, I would perhaps suggest that if you’re looking for a certain kind of answer and don’t seek to in fact do it through a process of making guesses, then you ought to just ask directly. It’s much better than relying on the luck that someone will understand your vague implications exactly the way you intend them. Especially when it’s a person you aren’t all that familiar with yet. In case you are trying to play a guessing game though, making funny faces as if you were disappointed in a sense when you get misinterpreted doesn’t seem to fit the mood.’’

Frankly, he wasn’t sure what this was even about. If the other asked him an actual direct question, then he would have answered to that. However, he couldn’t just be expected to miraculously get the meaning behind something that didn’t even sound like what it apparently was, could he? In any case, he said his piece in a calm manner outside of his initial expression. He wasn’t trying to pick a bone there, just simply make a point. Speaking of points…

‘’To answer your question though, there isn’t much more I have to say. I generally don’t evaluate whether things are cute or not without having seen them face to face beforehand. Like I said, little animals can certainly be cute, but I would be lying if I said all of them are by base. No two things that go by the same name are literally the same after all.’’ You could have two small kittens, but if one of them is a pure annoyance for whatever reason, you’d likely not consider it as cute as the other one. Technically speaking, he just didn’t feel the need to generalize too much when it wasn’t necessary.

Ah well. He would proceed to stare off into the distance absentmindedly, while they kept failing to come up with a plan on what to do from now on. ‘’Either way works for me. I don’t really have anything else to do right now regardless.’’ He wasn’t hurrying anywhere. Nor did he have anything planned at all. Therefore, he hardly minded how this situation would turn out. If the other chose to leave, he would probably stay around and hang out in the field. If not, then he’d just do whatever they’d end up doing.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:10 pm

First there was silence that made Tamiki a bit leery about what the other was thinking on what he had said. Sure the other wasn’t showing anything that suggest hostility or agitation or signs he was going to put up a fuss, but at the same time Tamiki knew to stay cautious. This guy’s calm demeanor was hard to pick apart and so he never knew what he was going to get. Even with the caution there, the shorter male didn’t show any signs of his concerns on the outside as he simply waited for an answer. And the one he got was more than he could ask for in the situation. The guy actually didn’t argue with him, but instead came to a level ground of sorts with the hot-head male.

As for the topic posed, the smaller male would shrug a bit at the matter. “Some people are really passionate about what they are defining as cute, I guess. I mean if you really loved say rabbits and found them cute, but some other person was saying a monkey was cuter, I think the topic starts to sway and change. The subject matter may start with cute, but in the end it ends up being a topic of defending the thing it is applied to rather than the basic meaning of cute itself. It is trivial, yes, but to some the trivial things are for whatever reason the thing that matters most to them. I just always found it entertaining to watch. Not sure what draws others to the matter though since the reasons vary.”

Yeah the topic of cuteness might not mean much in the end and maybe it was a waste of time to argue it. Even so that didn’t stop folk from making a big deal about it either. That aside, the subject rolled to something peculiar - dolls to be precise. Now Tamiki hadn’t missed the point of what the other said and while the other clarified what he meant, the dark hair male would tug lightly at at a piece of his hair in thought.

“Mmm. I know you aimed at a specific one, but…” he would pause and think for a bit before continuing. “I went general because...as a collector of said items...we would be very curious as to your thoughts on the matter. A Barbie doll is childish in your eyes, yes? So would you find us childish for wanting the doll simply because it was pretty or it was something not in our collection?” Yes. While he could’ve very well simply said Rika liked the dolls, in the end he owned up to the fact that they were the same person and it seemed that he decided to be forward this round rather than poke cautiously at it like before. Though why did the opinion matter was another question. Was he asking out of curiosity? Perhaps so. He most certainly didn’t seem to be flustered or agitated by the other answers and his expression now was calm, so nothing bad could come of this right? Well, one would guess that depended on what was said.

That oddness aside though, another matter was at hand. Now between the expression given and the words said, this could’ve gone all sorts of wrong. Tamiki could’ve actually lashed out a the other, but instead something odd happened. Tamiki's eyes would narrow and the guy most certainly did seem like he could very well become hostile as he gave the other a heated gaze. He wanted to snap badly, but instead of acting on impulse he forced himself to think through what was said. He honestly didn’t want another fight here, so it took a moment for the words to go through the heat wave and then come back again a bit slower. The guy was not attacking. He was simply stating things and listing some valid points. While Tamiki didn’t like the way it was delivered, his glare would eventually end as he decided not to stir the pot as he blinked and looked away, a bit grumpy, but calm nonetheless.

“Alright. I’ll keep that in mind,” he would say and leave it at that. As long as the other didn’t do anything to add fuel to the smoldering coals, then this little storm would pass easily enough with no harm done. That aside, the other did answer the question making him wonder why he got the lecture if the guy was going to do this in the beginning. Sharaku was a very confusing creature. As for his answer, Tamiki would scratch his head a bit as he tried to swallow that. Some of that was said was just a bit confusing due to wording, but…”I suppose that is true. Though I never saw it as an evaluation process. Like if I was looking at some pups or something on, the surface they would be cute and even if I were to purchase one and found it was a little monster, sure I wouldn’t care for said dog, but I don’t think its cuteness factor goes away. It is still cute...just with problems….Though my definition is applied to looks. What is yours based on?” Maybe they were on different pages with this one as he wasn’t too sure what the other was specifying as cute, so instead of waiting to let things get out of hand or what not due to translation errors he simply asked instead. No matter how that panned out, the conversation would eventually taper off into a very minor conversation that went no where as far as what to do next.

Tamiki was fresh out of talking topics and it didn’t seem the other had anything in mind either. Even the suggestion of simply parting ways became a maybe with the answer given. To this, Tamiki would shake his head lightly.

“I have nothing of importance to do now either to be honest...except see if my other half is alright, but he is pretty tough, so I suppose I could just walk around here and if you want to come fine. If not that is fine too,” he would say shrugging a bit. He would stay around for a brief moment before shifting to move. Did this really matter to him or not was questionable. After all they had kind of gotten over a battle with one another, so maybe the other was sick of him...and perhaps he should be sick of the other two....and yet, he didn't feel that way and had invited. It was odd really. He didn't have an attachment to the guy and yet he had a tolerance for him that made him not mind the guy's presence so much. It was really an odd thing to be honest that he wonder if he would figure out. He suppose as long as he was alone he could contemplate this.

In any case, he would leave how he did things from here on out to be played by ear. He honestly didn’t have a plan at this point and left alone, he would eventually wander away from this place and back home. Though for now he stuck around.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 am

Even with the presented situation, he still didn’t the he would care enough. Unless he like...had a rabbit of his own and someone was trying to insult that one specifically. Otherwise? Think what you want, not my problem. Sure, he would give his opinion if asked for it, but no matter how, he didn’t see a point in going back and forth with it when it wasn’t somehow tied to something personal at least. Regardless, he would just shake his head this time. ‘’If you say so.’’ There was no point in continuing this. They would only keep going in circles, since he was likely not going to completely agree, no matter how the other decided to explain. While he got the point in a sense, it meant little to him in the end.

When the other continued to press about the dolls, he would scratch at his cheek for a bit before offering a faint shrug. ‘’It would only be concerning if you kept hoarding weird amounts of that particular type. Honestly though? I don’t really care. It’s just dolls. As long as it isn’t inappropriately being shoved in my face all the time, it’s not much of my business as to what you do, seeing as it wouldn’t really affect me otherwise. There’s no point getting worked up over every little thing you don’t fully agree with a person doing or such. There will always be something, and it would just mean you’re never going to like anyone at all.’’ That’s how it was, no? Every person would have some quirk you don’t normally support yourself. The chances of finding someone who does only things you yourself enjoy is as big as the chances of finding your own copy. Which, by the way, wouldn’t even be all that great. While he would express his opinion on something, he hardly ever intended to turn it into a bloody war or something. Unless the person was in fact doing something highly distasteful, and he couldn’t pass over it no matter what. It’s usually just a matter of personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. He didn’t necessarily love most dolls, but there was no point in disliking a person just because they did. Maybe he did come off strong with his words at times, but he wasn’t nearly as judgmental as it may appear at a glance.

Speaking of useless clashes, it would appear that one nearly happened anyway. When the other went and kind of glared at him, he would meet the look with a lax expression and a slightly raised eyebrow. He wasn’t very rattled over this at all in the end, despite having gone out of his way to say what he had. Thankfully though, for one reason or another, it didn’t end in a fight this time around, and he would simply offer Tamiki a faint smile at the response he eventually received. He was in no way trying to argue over this. Having the other hear him out was more than enough in this situation.

He would blink at what was said next. ‘’I tend to not do surface for most things, if I can. Yes, a puppy could look cute at a glance, but for me, what is inside usually matters more than that. If it acts like the devil, its looks will very likely take the backseat to the rest. Maybe it would still be cute in a sense, but I would probably not even think of that anymore without someone else bringing my attention back to it somehow. Besides, not judging the book by its cover is a thing, isn’t it?’’ Of course, he would still be aware of its looks in a sense, but their priority just wasn’t on the top of the list. Thus, he wouldn’t refer to said puppy as cute anymore, unless he was made to focus only on the looks again for some reason. If someone asked him only in general? He would likely not describe it as so in his answer. That said, cute can be applied to many things after all. Just like looks, even actions and the like can be cute. Therefore, looks don’t even have to be the basis for deciding what is cute and what is not. Perception is where it’s at.

Hm? Well…’’Fine with me.’’ It would seem he was choosing to humor the other on this one. Walking was a good way to distract yourself from unnecessary thoughts anyway, so why not? He probably wouldn’t have done much else if he was on his own either, so it didn’t make a big difference here. That said, for now, he would follow if the other decided to move somewhere specific…
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:50 am

They might’ve indeed gone in circles with the whole topic of why people argued over what was cute and what was not cute. While there was a multitude of ways to explain why this occurred, Tamiki did realize that in the end the matter would probably not be properly solved. They could pick at it sure, but what was the point of that if in the end they were not going to agree on the matter? It would become pretty agitating and probably boring if they continued on like this, so Tamiki was kind of happy that the guy didn’t add onto the matter and simply ended it there. To his words, Tamiki nodded lightly as he let that subject pass into a small silence.

The silence wouldn’t last too long since the other did answer his odd pries about dolls. Listening carefully, Tamiki would at first show no reaction to what was heard waiting until to the very end before his eyes closed and giving the other a soft smirk. It seemed that the words had satisfied some unspoken thing within the smaller male as he reopened his eyes and narrowed them slightly to focus on the other more clearly once more.

“I think you are perhaps the first person to actually accept something like that so easily. That is a much welcomed change. Thank you.” And you know what? He genuinely meant it. It got kind of grating on the nerves when people shot you strange looks or made comments about something you liked that was not fitting for your gender or what not, so he was very happy this guy was more opened minded than that.

That matter aside, it would seem that small storm that appeared would indeed past with no harm being done. During the glare off, the man before him took a relaxed approach to it, the raising of the eyebrow doing nothing to ruffle feathers as the young man simply watched the other before letting the anger go and responding calmly. The reward? He actually got a smile showing that maybe he had taken the right step this time. As small as the success was it did wonders in clearing out the rest of the agitation.

With the storm pass, they would get back to the subject of cuteness. To what was heard, Tamiki would fold his arms as one hand moved to cup his chin as he thought. “That is true. The inside is what matters most, but I suppose I didn’t think to apply it like that to animals too.” He could see that sort of philosophy used on humans, but this was the first time he ever saw that same philosophy be applied to an animal. It was a curious difference, but one he easily accepted as he gave the other a light nod as he let his hand drop to his arms. “I suppose it is,” he would say in response to the whole not to judge a book by its cover deal as he looked over at the other with a faint smile. He supposed that saying could really hold true for many things, even situations.

Those topics aside though, things would eventually come to silence as Tamiki left his offer to the other up in the air before moving. He had only taken a few steps forward with his eyes focused forward before he was blinking and looking over at the other that had decided to join him. Huh. Now that was surprising. Maybe this whole thing wasn’t as bad as he thought it was. Regardless of why the other came with him, Tamiki wouldn’t protest against it as his eyes drifted back to the view ahead.

There was a vast greenfield of flowers and nature before them. Off to the left was the way back to the dirt roads that took one towards the Lake House or town if you walked far enough and to their right, was the large lake that dominated the property. It was towards this lake that Tamiki drifted. He had no plans of doing anything there. He simply wanted to listen to the sounds of the water until something interesting came about again.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:37 am

Was that so? He would tilt his head slightly at what was said. ‘’Why is that so? I would think there are many stranger things than collecting dolls. It’s not like it’s a harmful hobby to have.’’ Odd in a certain context, maybe, but besides that? It did nothing to others, and was just a personal preference. It seemed rather pointless to have serious issues with it for no other reason than it simply being a thing. There are plenty people who collect random things because they like them for some reason, and most of them don’t get weird looks for it, do they?

Moving past that and the small hitch in conversation that happened though, it would appear that the talk about cuteness of animals was about to die as well. His expression would turn mildly thoughtful for a moment as he considered Tamiki’s words. ‘’Humans, animals, demons, whatever else…we’re all living beings, right? Maybe not always completely equal, but you can never know just how smart the being you are judging really is.’’ If animals didn’t have any substance, then it wouldn’t even be possible to tame and train them, would it? The fact that they listened and remembered things proved that they did have some personality of their own, even if it wasn’t literally on the same level as that of a human. He would wave his hand slightly at the end though. ‘’I suppose to each their own though. If some people want to only consider looks when deciding what is cute and what isn’t, it’s their choice. I just think it’s not always as simple as just looking at what you can immediately see through your eyes.’’ If that was the one true way, then a lot of things would get badly misinterpreted without there being much of a way to turn it around. Of course, sometimes what you saw was in fact the truth, but one can never be sure completely.

Eventually, they settled onto simply taking a walk around the area due to the lack of things to talk about. Which was definitely proving true as there was nothing but silence still. For a while, he would let it pass, simply humming to himself faintly as he followed and looked around thoughtfully. However, as nice as the silence was, it could get a little deafening with time. Glancing at the lake briefly, he would turn his gaze back to the other for a moment, choosing to ask something.

‘’Say, you come out to watch the nature often?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Tamiki would give the other a glance as he asked his questioned. Why he asked? Tamiki frowned a bit as he gave a shrug. “Honestly, I’ve been trying to figure that one out myself. It’s like just because you’re a guy you can’t collect something so “girlie” and if you do then something is wrong with you or something like that. At least is that is argument I’ve come across in the past when I was a bit more open about this. I guess folk don’t focus on it as open mindly as you and just go with what society tells them is right or wrong for a particular gender. It is...dumb in my opinion.”

When something was different, the world did not care for it unless it was different in a fashion that it was trendy or pleasing to the masses. When different didn’t follow that particular path, you got comments and folks always trying to make it their mission to steer you back into something society approves of. It happened with the dolls when he was younger and even followed him in a technical sense since Rika had no issue wearing a dress though his gender suggested he should never do such a thing. It was almost like it was a sin to be you or expressive if it didn’t fit the box. Silly really, but it was a topic that Tamiki only mulled for a little while before letting it go with a light shake of his head and a small sigh. He could probably analyze that all day and never find a satisfying answer at the end.

That aside though, the topic would eventually turn into a slight tumble that would fix itself well enough as the topic of cuteness somehow got onto something a bit more thought provoking than that for a few seconds. To what was heard, Tamiki would hum lightly in thought at the matter. “Well, I suppose if you look at it like that, then yeah I guess you are right when it comes down to it.” When viewed more broadly the field did become interesting when trying to judge things and as the field became larger, it made simply labels no longer valid as something deeper had to be considered when trying to come to a conclusion about what something was or wasn't. Heh, it made the field more of a thinking game rather than one based on surface words or views. It was curious and amusing, but something he didn’t think too long on as the other waved his hand and in turn brought him back to the conversation at hand. To the last bit the young man would nod a bit.

“I suppose even looking isn’t that simple when you break it down like that,” he would say, his tone suggesting he wasn’t making a big deal of the matter and only stating an opinion. In the end, the everything came down to perspective, a thing which varied just as much as people did, so while some went for just surface matters in the end, it was always more complicated than that in reality, but he supposed the majority including himself didn’t really stop to think about the deeper portion of the matter until said thing was brought about through talks like this.

Anyway, the conversation would eventually end and silence would wash in as the pair took to walking instead. As they walked Tamiki would let his mind wander about focusing on the nature around them as they moved down the gentle slopes of the field towards the glistening water near the bottom. They still had some steps to go, but slowly that body of water was getting closer. With nothing on his mind to help start a conversation, Tamiki would keep his mouth shut until the other surprisingly asked a question.

Mm? How to answer that one when he randomly fell apart and his taste for it changed a bit depending on whether or not he was hole? He would ponder this a bit before coming up with a more solid uniformed answer.

“Personally, I am an inside person, but on the whole? Uh.... I would say we like to do this whenever we get a chance. It is nice for various reasons. How about you?” he would ask as his eyes briefly drifted over to the other as they walked.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes, it was dumb. That much he could agree with. He was pretty sure there were plenty people who didn’t fit gender norms down to a T, so what was even the point of looking down on it? A rather pointless endeavor, when there isn’t even any proof that what society says is right...is in fact truly right. Who made those rules? ‘’To be honest, I never understood the gender distinctions to begin with. There’s no ultimate rulebook that states who can do what if they want to be a normal person. It’s something people chose to impose upon themselves, and I don’t quite understand why.’’, he would shrug faintly. ‘’I personally wouldn’t be into collecting said ‘girly’ stuff anyway, but I can’t see why should it be such a big deal. Most of those things don’t hurt anyone. And I don’t care either way. Though, I usually don’t go out of my way to do supposedly female things, even though I could.’’ Mostly because he typically had no reason to. Sure, he wouldn’t mind wearing a skirt and the like, but then again, why would he? It’s not even all that practical, because you have to be careful to not accidentally show people too much and whatnot. Unnecessary extra work when he could just stick with pants and not have to worry too much. His end choice had very little to do with gender in most cases, to be honest.

Moving on though, he would simply hum when the other made his statement. ‘’Perhaps so.’’ There wasn’t a lot to say at that point. Considering he got sort of agreed with, there were no more points to raise anymore, were there? Unless he wanted to twist the topic into something else completely, but he wouldn’t stand to gain much from that. At least, he didn’t think it would turn out all that well. He would smile thinly when the next exchange passed. ‘’I’d say that nothing is ever simple. Then again, that may be because it’s how I prefer to look at things.’’ In a way, it was true, however. There is always more depth in things, whether one acknowledges its existence or not. It depends on the individual and whether they want to bother with the complexity or just stick to the surface simplicity. To each their own, consider how it was a matter of choice in most day to day situations.

Speaking of choices, it would appear that random walks were next on the menu. Well, maybe. He wasn’t certain whether it was in fact random, or the other was heading towards the lake for some reason. Maybe he should ask about that too, just to be sure. Even though it wasn’t like he cared all that much in the end. ‘’I wander when I want to think. Though, I suppose the setting itself is nice to see as well….’’ It was one of the easiest way to get some calm and not be disturbed all too often, and while inside was nice too, he could get restless easily. In the end though, it kind of depended on what purpose he had for going out in the first place. He would glance towards the water briefly.

‘’We aren’t going swimming, are we?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Tamiki would look over at the other, his eyes slightly wider than usual not with shock, but with genuine pleasure as smile crept across his lips. “Finally! Someone who actually gets where I am coming from.” While he didn’t bother with the issue so much in the present, in the past it had been a huge pain in the ass to deal with. Trying to get others to understand that it was okay to do things out of the box was like pulling teeth. He honestly didn’t know why some people held on so dearly to social standards. Were they scared of what would happen if they just let go? “Eh. Outside of the dress issue, we don’t really act super feminine. The doll thing came up when talking with folks just like you and I are, but of course it just had to go somewhere different when they found it was something a guy liked to do. I don’t get the need to box things up by some stupid rules either. Not sure if its ignorance, fear, or something else that make folk hold on so dearly to it all. I just know it is a really agitating wall to come against.” Honestly what was wrong with simply being one’s self or expressing how you felt in your own way? It wasn’t harming someone, so why the push back? Wasn’t that more harmful than just letting it be? It was a strange affair for sure, but one that Tamiki would let go as time moved on and with it….topics began to become quiet again.

To the first response there was nothing to say to such a short answer that left no room to expand upon. So with nothing coming to mind and no prompting to continue on, he would leave that topic be unless for some reason it came back up again. Moving onto other things, it looked like he got a smile from the other, so that was good. As to what was said, the smaller male would give the other a thoughtful look as he nodded. “Well, maybe that is not such a bad way to view things. You seem to get a bigger picture than going with simple all the time.” Viewing a picture or topic from a simple angle could only get you so far, but to go deeper one had to go beyond that simply layer and in turn find other aspects of the same thing that would have never been seen other wise. Complex or complicated was sometimes nice from time to time. Though it would seem that topic too would become quiet as they continued to walk.

They would be making their way towards the lake as light conversation picked up, the topic shifting to walks and such in general. To what he heard, Tamiki would nod lightly. “Wandering to think is nice, though we tend to wander to particular place and then mediate most of the time. Sometimes these wanderings take us outside and at others not. Even so, we like the exercise and change up in scenery. It’s refreshing especially when you are inside too much.” He would keep the speech more or less referring to itself as a whole. It was true while separate the creature had more define patterns with Tamiki staying indoors (unless something like this occurred) and Rika going out a bit more to enjoy the air. As a whole though the desire to go out went in and out following whims most of the time. Thought sometimes thanks to mother he could end up stuck inside for long periods of time, so...there was that too. Though instead of bring all those factors in to make the matter confusing and complicated, Tamiki kept it at the simple truth for the topic at hand.

In any case, the young man would become quiet once more as the grass gave away to more rocky and sandy shores. Keeping good footing on the uneven ground, he’d make his way towards the water until they were close enough to hear the waves, but far away enough that they didn’t have to worry about getting wet. At the water’s edge he would pause for a moment to take in the beauty of the scene, but then hearing what the other said he would glance up at his companion.

“I hadn’t planned on it. I just wanted to walk where I could hear the waves,” he would say and then tilting his head in the direction of the other he would continue. “Why? Did you want to go swimming? Or were you asking due to concerns about having to potentially swim?”

Maybe it had been a joke, but Tamiki rather ask and have clarity rather than trying to play and in turn cause peace to become chaos again.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:48 pm

While he didn’t exactly expect that, his reaction would still be rather minimal as he kept a neutral face. ‘’I wonder what kind of people do you hang around then….’’ Well, he wouldn’t know, but what the other just said sounded like he thought there wasn’t really anyone else who thought that was around him. While a lot of people could be asses, having almost everyone be so is rather odd. Then again, he just didn’t understand the point. If a guy was literally trying to pass off as a girl just for lols in the wrong circumstances, then he would probably have some problem with it eventually, but if it’s just about normal likes and whatnot, he couldn’t care less. ‘’I usually just don’t care enough to be bothered. If people want to comment about something, it’s their call, but there is no rule stating that I am to just sit quietly and take it, so there’s that.’’ If they wanted to be asses, he wouldn’t mind playing along. One shouldn’t start a game unless they are ready to face an unpleasant ending too. And he would certainly not go easy on people whose sole aim was to be annoying pricks.

Regardless…

‘’It’s not all that great…’’, he would half-shrug. People tended to like looking at things in simple ways, and when you happen to be pretty much the only one not doing so in most situations, it can lead to a good deal of unintended friction. He couldn’t say he always enjoyed stuff like that happening, and perhaps it was actually much easier to not think too much about things. Seemed way more acceptable in today’s society, for some unknown reason. Why, he would never know, but that was the vibe he usually got from what he could observe.

He would snort lightly as he listened to the other while they walked. ‘’I prefer out. Then again, it doesn’t matter so much in general. The scenery is only a means to an end, and it doesn’t last forever. But we’re still stuck to in in some way nevertheless.’’ Whatever that meant? Well, he definitely pulled off sounding cryptic, but it would be up to Tamiki as to where this went, or if it even went somewhere in the first place. Odd talk is odd.

That said, the immediate attention would eventually get overtaken by the nearby water, and he would just stare out at the lake absentmindedly. ‘’No real reason. It was simply the first thing that came to mind.’’, he would answer the inquiries after a momentary delay. He seemed to be spacing out a bit for whatever reason, but since he was still engaging the conversation anyway, it probably didn’t matter as much. Or did it…?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:03 am

Tamiki would give the other a brief glance at the question. “In the past, I guess the wrong type or at least the type that had their heads so far up their asses that they just couldn’t see past certain things. Now a days though?” A sheepish smile would cross his face. “No one. Told you earlier I don’t have close friends nearby anymore and never had that many to begin with.” He would shrug at this. He didn’t really need that many friends and quite frankly that had not been his point with the matter. The point was that he typically got a negative reaction in the past when the subject came up. It was a sad state of affairs and something that quickly caused him to just stop talking about it due to simply being tired of trying to explain to walls the same thing. Sure he understood there may be others like Sharaku that shared his views and had an open mind, but in his experience he had unfortunately got the frowny sort, so that was that. On another note…"Heh. That is true. Though I suppose I was never one to quietly take anything thus all the headbutts and wrestling matches with others,” he would say giving the other a light smile. He wasn’t trying to prove himself right in most cases, he just didn’t like being pushed around or dealing with people so closed minded they couldn’t see beyond whatever they thought. He honestly disliked them alongside asses in general...even if ironically he was an ass to degree himself, but that was another story.

Anyway….

“No huh.” The response was a soft one as he considered the other’s words. Well, he suppposed in some cases maybe thinking too much could be a problem and maybe the general thought pattern was to keep it simple stupid. Even so, it never hurt to have an out of box thinker or even those who thought too much. The various ways of thinking had the habit of showing more of the puzzle than sticking to one way, but he supposed when evaluated alone each approach had their down side too. Simple could make you blind to things that weren’t apparent from a glance while over thinking could cause snags and other issues. Either way things, no matter what they were, always went beyond simple.

As if to prove that statement true, the topic of outside versus inside would shift into something less simple.

“Mmm. We would say we are 50/50 if you want to get technical. We like inside best. We like being by a window or opening one if all is good outside is pretty nice, but we also like to come out and enjoy nature too. Kind of needed to to be honest and while it is true scenes only last for so long, at least the ones out here are far better than being encased by four walls for a long time. Four walls remind you of the fact you are in a cage. At least outside the bars are invisible and what you can see and do more varied even if you are stuck in one place for a long time or even your whole life.” A noticeable and physical cage was much less appealing than the metaphorical one. Regardless, the black hair male would let that topic move along as it would as they made their way to the water’s edge and paused to take in the lake before them.

“Ah. Okay,” Tamiki would respond back softly wondering for a moment if the other heard him or not. Yeah he responded before, but it seemed like the guy was zoning out now that they were before the water. Heh. He supposed that was okay as long as the other didn’t zone out so much he forgot him. Besides…. His eyes would shift towards the lake taking in the clean waters that danced under the sun. It was a nice scene and the sounds around them was a peaceful mix of water and nature. It was enough lull one into a sleep if one wasn’t careful, but for the moment Tamiki just let his mind relax and for the first time since starting this interaction thought nothing as he allowed himself to enjoy the moment with another. Strange. He never thought he would end up sharing a moment like this with a stranger, especially not this guy, but in the end he had...and he was alright with that.

In any case, he would watch the water for a few seconds more before looking over at the other to see if he was still zoned out or not. Whether he was or not, he would eventually ask a question.

“What do you think about this place? Like it?” he would ask and then stay still for a few moments to see if he would answer. Then answered or not, Tamiki would shift in his spot to start walking along the water’s edge.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Er? That’s not really what he was even aiming for though. He just said people in general, not close friends. People you happen to be acquainted with don’t always have to count as friends after all, and he was just curious about the general estimate in lieu of the subject matter. ‘’I never said I was thinking specifically of close friends in this case. It could be anyone after all.’’ As long as they happen to know for whatever reason. Unless the guy only ever leaked such info to friends, but then it sounded slightly contradictory. Seeing as to be rattled by the fact that many people don’t understand suggests one has been burned at least a decent amount of times, which doesn’t relate too well to having very few friends. Theoretically speaking.

He would look off to the side in thought. ‘’Bothering to deal with people all the time seems tiring. Sometimes, I find ignorance to be better. If nothing else, they will realize they’re doing something wrong when you don’t go out of your way to humor them.’’ Of course, it depended on the level of offense. If it was too bothersome, standing against it may be the better way, but who knows. Always getting too fired up sounds like an energy waster of sorts. There are people who simply ain’t worth all the effort.

‘’Definitely not…’’ Or maybe he was just unfortunate and tended to come across people that didn’t work with his style of thinking too well. Such things are hard to give a final stamp on after all. He would shrug slightly. ‘’The walls aren’t a big deal. Unless you’re in fact stuck inside, you can always just walk outside whenever you feel like it. Thus, it’s not really a cage in the sense of you being trapped for real. I wasn’t even talking about what I can do where anyway.’’ It was something a little different, as he certainly wasn’t talking much about the physical reality and interaction with it. Each person’s perception of the matter is their own however.

That out of the way, he would spend some time staring out at the water, not really paying all that much attention to what was happening around him. Thus, a while passed in silence that way, until the other chose to speak up once again and interrupt his spacing out slightly. He still wouldn’t respond right away, but it wouldn’t take too long on the other hand. At first, he would just narrow his eyes at the scenery a bit, thinking. ‘’It’s….nice.’’ Among other things. He would glance at the guy out of the corner of his eyes for a while, but not do much else as he chose to not follow this time around. Not yet, at least.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:03 pm

“No you didn’t, but that is kind of my point. I have no one. Friend or acquaintance. Not anymore. Sure I interact with people and even speak to them, but to have someone actually settle down a bit and talk with me like this?” he would shake his as he gave a slight frown. “I think you are the first to actually seriously approach us and wade through the negative this long. Most run so I don’t get this chance as often now a days and while family is nice they aren’t always the best source for such chatter.” It was true, he had dug himself in this sort of hole with the sort of reputation he built up around himself. There was a ton of negative around him and his other half, but even so you’d think at least one person would try to see around that and approach him right? It made one wonder was it his reputation that kept people at bay or was it perhaps something he was doing unconsciously? Maybe unintentionally he was dodging people. That could be a high possibility and explain why he had no acquaintance to begin with and Sharaku would be the first in a long while. A curious case, but one Tamiki would examine for a brief while before hearing the other set of words and refocusing.

“They can be a tiring affair, even more so when you’re at odds with folks. Perhaps it would be easier to just not react in hopes the person will learn. I’ve never actually tried that to be honest. I just bite back, so maybe I was adding fuel to fires without meaning to.” Maybe that was the case, but still….He didn’t quite swallow not doing anything when it came to people rubbing him the wrong way. He felt that the best lessons were taught through action and so he always acted rather than simply let it go by in a calm manner. Maybe he could try not to flare so much at things and approach a more calmly..and who knew maybe trying the new approach would make the people of the world more tolerable and matters could be solved without escalating the matter. It might work and perhaps he could try it sometimes down the road. For now, he’d put the thought in a box for later consideration.

Moving along, he would give a light nod to the short response on the subject of ways of thinking. There was nothing really else to say and he pretty much understood without many words what the other had been getting at, so he saw no point in digging further into matter, so he would stay quiet as he continued to stay within the other’s presence. As for the subject of metaphorical and physical walls, it had seemed that he had missed something due to the response he had been given; however instead of snapping he would tilt his head lightly at the other. “That is true to some degree.” Yeah, he had used physical versus metaphorical, but in the end a cage was a cage. It only depend on the one inside how ugly or confining that cage was and sometimes one could walk outside or escape and at other times? Well… that was a tale for another time. “However, that is beside the point. What were you aiming at with your words then?” He was curious to know, but whether the man shared what was on his mind or not was a different story.

Regardless of where that went, the pair would eventually halt their walking and apparently talking when they got to the lake. To the short comment heard, Tamiki would give the other a look taking note of the way he hesitated before saying nice. “It is pretty nice, but is that all you think on it?” he would ask as his eyes returned to the water. His pry was a gentle one, so the other didn’t have to answer if he didn’t want too. In the end though, things would fall into silences and then movement as Tamiki decided to move elsewhere around the lake area. He allowed himself to take a enough steps to get a good 3 or so feet between them before he would pause and look back at the other, taking note he wasn’t following. He debated briefly about asking him to come with again, but then deciding against it, he would smile faintly as he shook his head and shifted to go back on the path he was on.

Perhaps the other was tired of him and maybe it was best to separate paths here. He wasn’t too sure and honestly wasn’t too bother either as the other wasn’t obligated to anything. The fact that he had stayed around this long was more than enough, so he couldn’t complain. Moving along the path, he would head towards the pier that was a nice distance away from the spot he had left the man. Mounting the slightly shifting platform, Tamiki would make his way to the edge of that pier that jutted a nice ways into the lake. Surrounded by sun and deeper waters, the dark hair male would take a seat near the edge of the pier and for the time being as he turned his eyes towards the blue sky and tried to relax for a bit. It seemed for the moment he was staying in the area.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top