Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

When Midnight Jokes Become Real

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: When Midnight Jokes Become Real

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 am

“Hmmm. That is interesting you would associate a cheek kiss with that. Couples do it from time to time, so I never saw the action exclusively for children.” Seriously, he didn’t. Yes parents could do it to their kids, but at the same time while lip kissing was the main form of affection, it also seemed reasonable to kiss on the cheek too as a way of saying the same thing, no? Maybe it was a difference of thought there.  “A confession of what? I mean I already said, I liked you and considering we are dating is it too soon to say ‘I love you' too?" the demon would ask with a raised eyebrow, not really understanding what the other was getting at with that. Was he missing something or did the other not see them as boyfriends yet and thus such a phrase was null? That was rather confusing. Anyway…

The demon would chuckle at the other’s statement and shake his head. “Alright. Then perhaps it is best for me not think too hard on little things.” Maybe it really was nothing and then again maybe it was something. He would never know considering the other didn’t give any insight on matter, but the demon wasn’t to upset about it since for the moment it wasn’t impacting anything of importance.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:46 am

He would make a small shrug-like movement. ''Maybe it's just me then, but I have a hard time seeing it that way. I'd probably sooner aim for the nose than the cheek, even.'' Perhaps it was just a personal habit? It was hard to say why he felt that way about it, and not even he knew for sure. It wasn't like he got that a lot as a kid or something, so it couldn't have come from that either. ''And well...I...I guess it isn't really the same thing for me? I mean, like and love are on a pretty different level. I just always thought that telling someone you love them was a very serious thing, and isn't said just because. It's not something one should feel obliged to say simply because they're dating someone after all....It isn't like you'd be asking me to marry you after us dating for a little bit, would you?'', he would furrow his brows at that one. ''I just..don't take that one lightly, is all. Though if you really mean it....'' He wasn't sure what to say. He kind of wasn't the type to say that left and right, since it was technically a special phrase, no? Besides, could Rika say it was truly love right now? If not, then was it really the best thing to pop that one? It wasn't that he didn't see them as boyfriends or such, but it's 'love' they were talking about there man.

''Good.'', he would snort lightly, before moving to get off of the other for now and sit on the free side of the guy. ''And now that you bring up little things, I thought we were planning to get some food and all? Unless you want to wait till even later for that one, but just waiting for it to get done and brought here will already kill some time....''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 pm

“Ah I see. I’ll keep that in mind then since I typically don’t think to aim for the nose,” the demon would say, keeping his gentle smile in place. Personal habit indeed. Well at least he learned something new from the matter so that was good. As for the next words, the demon’s smile would fade slightly as he listened and absorbed what was said, but he did not respond right away as he watched the other with a contemplative expression for a moment.

“You know...I’ve never considered that. That is not say, I don’t mean it. I really do mean what I say, but not in the same fashion you translate it in. For me the phrase is something I say because I strongly like you or something. It is a step up just a casual like. As far as the love you are referring to you no. I cannot say it is that sort of love, but I won’t deny for me at least something more than just a little bit of liking is there. As for the marriage question, no. Unless we were into jumping in blindly, I would not do such a thing to such a commitment,” he would say with a light chuckle and then hearing the rest of what the other said, the fox would become serious once more as he looked off to the side a bit. “Well...is it okay if I mean it?” He understood they were on different pages here, but then again that is exactly why he brought this up. If the phrase was that serious, they needed to get some clarity on the matter so he would know not to use it in the future and what not, you know?

Regardless of where that went, things would seem to go a bit smoother as they easily slid to simpler chat and agreements. When the other moved off the demon and spoke about food, the demon would smirk in amusement as he sat up a bit.

“Oh yeah. We were suppose to get food weren’t we? Well, I suppose I can order it now and then walk down to the liquor store since I don’t have the particular brand of drink we chose on hand. It would kill some time for the wait and I can eat whenever to be honest considering I didn’t eat that much for breakfast.”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Well, that was that for the kiss talk, since there wasn’t much reason for it to be continued at that point. ‘’I…suppose that I’ve always just seen it as something that one says when they are 100% sure of their feelings and want to show that. It usually is shown as a special statement after all…rather than just something to use as a synonym to stronger interest or like. I’m not sure if I would say that to someone unless I was completely certain of my feelings for the person.’’ Even then, he would probably hesitate before doing so. He didn’t confess feelings that easily, nor did he take declarations of this kind very lightly. In a way, he wasn’t very forthcoming with assurances of how he felt about someone, but when he did say it, he sure meant it all the way. Besides, to him it felt like saying it every so often just for the sake of it being put out there made it lose its value a bit. If you hear something akin to that every other day, it wouldn’t be a special moment anymore, would it now? Nevertheless, he would purse his lips a little as he answered the inquiry there. ‘’I…guess? Though I’m not sure what it means in the end, seeing as we do not understand it the same way…’’ He wasn’t going to stop the guy from saying it, but it would likely feel a bit awkward for him, as he just automatically translated such a statement differently when hearing it. And then, once they guy did mean it as real love…how would he even be able to tell something changed?

Ah well, whatever. Now then, food. ‘’Feel free to go ahead. I will probably just wait for you here so I don’t distract you on your way and make the trip twice as long. I’m sure I can find something to entertain myself with for a while.’’ There was no need for both of them to get up and go anyway if one could handle it alone. And he wasn’t very familiar with shops and whatnot around this area either way, since he didn’t live right here in this area. Might as well leave it to the other so that it gets done on time and doesn’t waste them too much time.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:32 pm

The demon would listen to the other’s view on the words “I love you” his eyebrows furrowing a bit with thought as he remained silent until the other was absolutely through speaking on the matter. When the other finished the demon would remain quiet for a moment and his part of his tail that hung off the edge of the bed flicking here and there in thought. “Well all I meant was that I strongly like you. I don’t mean to confuse by action or words, so if 'I love you' is truly something special like that in your mind, then I’ll take it and just refrain from using the phrase unless I mean something beyond just a strong like. Though what would you suggest I use so we are on the same page?” Well the demon was at least trying to work things out, his tone rather calm and non-hostile as he considered the issue at hand between them. It was a tricky matter considering the way they thought, but at least if they could work on getting on the same page then perhaps all this wouldn’t be happening as often?

“Mmm. Alright then, I best get to getting then or else I’ll become to lazy and not want to move at all,” the demon said and then rolling out of bed, he would get his phone off the night stand and with a few button presses, he would call the pizza place to place the order. While doing that, he would hunt for a shirt finding one in his bottom drawer that was decent enough to walk in.

With the pizza ordered, he would let Sharaku know it would arrive in 20 minutes and his walk to the store and back should take him about 10. Once times were set and the demon was dressed and back in his more human form, the demon would make sure he had his keys and wallet and then biding both cat and male farewell, he would exit the apartment and begin his trek to the store.

Andromeda, who was dozing on the top of the sofa would look at the door where her master had exit before blinking and turning to look at the other still in the bed room, not seeming to be to bother that he was not so normal himself. With a flick of her tail she would rest her head against the sofa and lazily watch the house.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:58 pm

Hmmm? He would shrug weakly. ‘’I think there are plenty other ways to express that, no? I don’t know. I’m not really asking you to always bust some specific phrase or such. As long as you’re genuine, it ought to work out in the end, right? Besides, I kind of already know now anyway…..’’ Not that he had anything against it, but the other was taking it a bit seriously there. Maybe he just wasn’t the type, but putting a lot of emphasis on how to say something that has already been established again went a little bit over his head. He was already aware that the guy liked him a lot so…did it need to be purposefully repeated unless something has changed? If anything, he would say that as long as the other acted like he meant it in general, things would be just fine. Were he to feel like he needed to hear it, he’d find a way to get the guy to say it. Probably.

‘’Have fun.’’ He was originally going to maybe lurk around the place to find something to do, but decided against that when the other claimed it was going to take so little time. There was no point, since he wouldn’t manage to get started on anything that quickly anyway. Thus, he would just flop on the bed and stare up at the ceiling for the time being and think about random things. He would manage something though…as in, managing to doze off a bit, so the demon would find him laying on his back and seemingly asleep when he got back.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:43 pm

"So you do and maybe there are other ways. I supposed down the road we'll discover those ways if they exist." And that was pretty much all the demon had to say on the matter. Yes he was a bit unsure of the matter or how it would turn out in the end, but he figured trying to pry at too much or trying to make it something that it wasn't was not going to help the matter. So instead of fighting or trying to think too hard, the demon let his usual panicky grip on matters go and told himself that even if they were different in the end things would be okay. They just had to work together on the matter is all.

That matter aside though, things would turn to something a bit lighter as the demon left the house in search of the drink needed for dinner. The weather outside was nice and the walk was a nice break from all the talk and such that had happened beforehand. Enjoying the nature and nice breeze, the demon would make his way down the street to the nearby liquor store that was wedge in the between a mini market and a laundry mat.

He entered the odd shaped shop, the owner looking over at him with his usual "friendly" look he gave everyone before he returned to whatever book or magazine he had for the day. Unbothered by the guy, the demon would go and find the item he needed and upon bringing it to the counter got a rough "About damn time you stop window shopping." from the owner as he rang him with what he supposed was to be a charming smile? He had no idea at times considering the guy could kill someone with a single glance it seemed. Regardless of that, he would manage to smile back and then leave the store and head back.

Once back upstairs, he noticed three things right away. 1) The apartment was very quiet, 2) The cat was missing and 3) Said cat was snuggled up with Sharaku who dozing on the bed? Staying quiet, he would lean against the door frame of the room watching the cat and man doze finding the seen amusing, cute, and a bit warming to view. He could’ve taken a chance and snuggled in their with them; however, he decided against it knowing someone needed to be awake for the pizza guy. So closing the door slightly to give the pair privacy, he would let them sleep as he moved about quietly placing the bottle of booze in a safe spot for later before he grabbed his handheld system and making sure it was on a quiet volume began to play a puzzle game as he waited for the pizza guy.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm

''...................................''

Well, sleeping had not really been his plan there, but guess it would come down to that, seeing as no one bothered to wake him up. If he were awake, he would probably ponder the point of that, seeing as he would have to be up for the food anyway, which was hardly far off, and the longer one sleeps, the less pleasant it can be to have to get back to reality. Besides, they were supposed to be spending time together, right? Maybe the guy had some plan there or something? Oh well. Either way, not much wound be happening there for the time being.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Rika would let the other sleep, finding no harm in allowing nap time. It was true they were supposed to be spending time together, but the demon didn't find it necessary to interupt some quiet time either. Perhaps this was another area where the pair would differ. Either way the demon would play the game for a little while before looking at the clock and taking note that the pizza guy was running late. Oho? Was he finally going to get his free pizza for lateness or was the pizza guy about to not get a tip. He would keep an eye on the clock to determine that as he turned off the game and then decided to take his chances at waking the other up. Might as well get him up now so he'd be more awake for eatting yes?

Well stepping into the lion's den so to speak, the demon would enter the room and go to the side of the bed where the other rested. Reaching out he'd gently shake him.

"Neh, gonna sleep the whole time?" he would ask as he tried to wake the other up.....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Luckily for the other, he wasn't much of a deep sleeper, and even less so considering that it hadn't even been as much as an hour since he dozed off. Therefore, waking him up wouldn't prove to be a hard task, although he was so not going to be completely alert right away either at this point. With a faint grumble, he would open his eyes slightly, squinting up at the ceiling a bit.

''Mnnh...wh't...?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:51 pm

The demon would see the other stir and wake, a small smile coming across his face as he released his grip on the other's arm.

"I was asking if you were going to sleep the whole time," he would say, his tone light and calm. He kind of felt bad for waking the guy up, he may have really been tired, but in the end what was better? Waking him up before it was too late or trying to fight to get him back from true sleep? One may never know the answer.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 pm

''Mm?'' He would shift with a faint sigh, rolling over onto his side. ''I wasn't really trying to sleep....'' It just kind of happened, since he had been on the bed alone with no distractions for a while. Not necessarily because he was tired either, for if that were the case, he would have been sluggish and all even before this happened. Just a whoops moment of zoning off a bit too much while thinking in bed, apparently. Though, guess he wouldn't have minded the sleep in a different situation. Right now, it was definitely not what he was here for however, so he was not planning on keeping at it.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 am

The demon would raise an eyebrow at that, his smile still in place. "I dunno about that. You looked pretty comfy and peaceful there," the demon would tease the other a bit. Honestly he didn't mind the other sleeping if he wanted. He could find ways of keeping himself entertained until the other was awake again, so for the demon it was no big deal. Sure spending time together did require interaction, but breaks were alright too.

"Anyway, I managed to get our drink; however, the pizza is deciding to take its time," the demon would say looking from the man on the bed to the door as he rubbed his chin in thought. That pizza place never got their times right did it? Then grinning he would look back at the other. "Wanna come hear me complain and hope for a free pizza all at once for lateness?" He honestly didn't mean that in a literal fashion. Guess it was just his odd way of him inviting the other to get out of the bed.

Last edited by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 am

He would huff a bit. ''Not on purpose.'' And well, that would have depended on how long he slept. What if he did not wake up on his own until really late? That's hardly a break at that point, and more of a waste of a hang out. He didn't agree to come over just to have them 'spend' more time separately as normal. They were going to sleep at some point during the night anyway (or maybe even earlier if someone overdid it with drinking), so this was kind of unnecessary, for as long as someone wasn't dead tired or something, which didn't seem to be the case.

He would rub at the side of his face thoughtfully as he listened to the pizza complaints, his mind still kind of only half-awake at that moment seeing as he remained laying about and all. After a brief amount of processing though, he would snort lightly. ''Want to carry me over there?'', he'd ask, most likely a joke. Nevertheless, he would have to get off the bed soon anyhow, since he didn't want to zone off again when the other left and there were no distractions again.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 am

The demon would let out an amused snort at the answer back, but otherwise wouldn’t tease the other too much more about the sleeping thing. It was something minor and considering the guy woke up rather nicely this round it was no need to dig that one into the ground. Still in a relatively good mood, the demon eyebrows would raise as he heard the question from the other. Carry him, he asked? Well, the demon most certainly knew he didn’t have to do any such thing...but why pass up such an offer? The demon would smirk.

“Oho? Gonna make me work then?” the demon would say his voice playful as if he was just teasing the other, but the act didn’t end with just words. Oh no. That was much to dull and not the demon’s style most of the time. “Alright,” he would say shortly after his tease as he moved into a position to better get at the guy. Being careful enough, he’d lean over and get his hands under the other as he pulled him towards and with a little adjusting finally got him his arms...provided the other didn't nope him that is. If he was successful, he would stay lowered a bit so the cat who apparently was not going to leave an open opportunity alone decided to jump on his shoulder from the side and balance there. WIth a cat warmer across his shoulders and a person in his arms, the demon would lift the weight off the bed and would indeed carry the taller male much like a bride from the bedroom to the living room. He would drift across the distance and then when they got to the sofa, the cat would leap off to land on the arm before leaping again to go in the kitchen for food. Not bothered by that, the demon focused on settling the other on the sofa in a gentle fashion so as not to hurt him. With his work done, he would glance over at the other with a smirk. “Anything else, Your Highness?” he would tease.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 9:21 am

''Mmm, be a good boy?'' Okay, he just didn't know what else to say to sound witty. Can be a pretty tough task when your mind is still swimming a little but. Then again, what else? Calling the guy a workhorse wouldn't really do either. Eh, whatever. Though, he would blink, a little confused when the demon seemingly agreed a moment later. At first, he almost thought the other was trying to bluff him by pretending to be attempting to do it, but he had to give up on that idea once he was off the bed.

''......''

He would kind of just awkwardly rest his hands against the guy's chest. ''O..kay?'' Well, that happened, apparently. Regardless, he wouldn't make much of a protest, though whether it was because he didn't care or because he was too surprised to act in time for it to matter would remain a mystery for the time being. When the other set him down, he would stay still and silent for a moment, an odd thoughtful look on his face, but would eventually roll his eyes slightly as he shot a response back. ''Well, since you're so eager, how about giving me a massage?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 10:45 am

"Always~!" the demon would say with a smirk and wink before he was actually moving to perform said action of carrying. When he moved the guy he was a bit surprised that the other didn't resist him. He knew they were both playing in a way, but for the other to just accept and go along with it? That was a bit weird, but at the same time kind of made him feel like he made a small step forward. The guy wasn't fighting him and he guess trusted him enough to not drop him, so win win? Or was it just all luck? The mystery, but one the demon wouldn't let bother him.

Once he had settled the other though and made his playful tease, he would hear the response back as he folded his arms and rubbed his chin thought for a moment as he watched the other with narrowed eyes and a smirk. Then nodding, he would unfold himself as he drifted over the sofa.

"As you wish," he would say before positioning himself by the arm of the sofa where the other's head should've been (we guess?). Once there, he would reach out and go for the behind the guy's cat like ears starting the massage at the head for the time being. Heh. Guess he was in a good mood or something to be so obedient at the moment.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 10:57 am

''?''

He would blink and raise an eyebrow when the demon seemed to comply with the request based on the words said, although this case was a little different from the carrying one. The guy had already petted and poked at and around his ears before casually, so he wasn't going to be convinced as easily as that. This wasn't a lot different from what the demon had already done back on the bed and without needing to be asked to, thus he couldn't quite decide whether this attempt was serious or just a joke move from the other yet. Nevertheless, he'd let things go as they would for the time being, settling on simply watching Rika with a somewhat questioning look.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 11:03 am

If the other thought it was a joke, then he'd be sadly mistaken. Why the demon did start at the ears and stayed there for a while meeting the other's questioning gaze with an innocent smile, he would in time lower himself a bit so he massage the guy's neck for a bit before making his way down to the shoulders

At this point, the demon's smile had faded mostly and he seemed to take on a more serious air. More like one either doing this professionally or someone in deep concentration. Whatever, the case was, the demon knew where to aim as he moved he alternated between kneading and other techniques to apply different amounts of pressure suited to the neck and shoulder area. It appeared this was no joke or bluff...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 11:44 am

''......mm.''

For a moment, it seemed like he was going to say something when he opened his mouth at first, brows furrowed slightly, but then he kind of just flopped. Perhaps he was at loss of words there, or undecided about what he wanted to do about this. Either way, surprisingly enough, he was not making much of a move against this, just as he had not since this whole scene of odd exchanges began. He did appear to be mildly taken off guard by this though, at the very least, and a little bit tense but it could be hard to tell whether it was his own doing or just his muscles being that way. His tail was now coiled around one of his own legs, the tip twitching a bit as he took to staring up at the ceiling for a while.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 4:58 pm

The demon may have been a zone of concentration, but he was not oblivious to what was occurring around him. As the other made a sound, red eyes would look at him as he tilted his head a bit questioningly at the other wondering what was the matter; however, the guy decided not to say anything as he flopped on the sofa and let what occur well occur. Continuing his work, the demon would work on trying to loosen the other's rather tight muscles for a moment working in silence before finally his lips would part and he would speak.

"You okay?"

OoC:
Pizza guy will come soonish.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm

''.....what do you think?''

He would answer after a short while of silence as he turned his head to the side, cheek resting against the sofa. The real answer to this was a little complex though. What did 'okay' mean? Either way, while what the other was doing wasn't entirely pointless, it didn't seem like he was going to be able to reach his goal with just his hands alone. Like this, at the very least.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 6:00 pm

The demon would continue the massage trying to work on a much tenser spot in an attempt to relax it. As he did this he would watch the other.

"Well from behavior, I am unsure. Tell me what's on your mind." The demon voice was calm and not exactly demanding, but even so he really did want to know what was up. Why was the guy tensed? Was his massage ineffective or had something cropped up due to his actions that caused this? The unanswered questions...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Back to furrowing his brows slightly for a moment. ''...ow.'' This kind of hurt a bit. It wasn't much of a wonder with all that tenseness overall, and the guy did kind of take on a tricky job there. ''I don't know how I feel about this. I've never tried something like this before. Maybe my mind is the problem here though...'' After all, it probably wouldn't be all that easy to get things done if he didn't give both ways, and the other would have enough of a job just dealing with his body alone without the mind factor. Together, it could be quite the fight.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 7:43 pm

"Neh..Sorry.." the demon would say with a light wince as he heard the other make of sound of pain, his hand resting gently on the spot that had caused the pain. He hadn't aimed to do that after all, but for whatever reason he couldn't knock the kinks out in the proper way. Hmm maybe he was doing something wrong? Or maybe it was just the other in general? It was hard to say as the demon shifted to lean against the arm of the sofa a bit as he looked down at the other.

"Hmmm...Is that so? Maybe we shou --" the demon paused as there was a knock on the door. "Tch...must be the pizza guy," he would say and then as the knock repeated itself, he would sigh a bit as he stood up straight and began to head towards the door....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top