Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

When Midnight Jokes Become Real

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: When Midnight Jokes Become Real

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 8:04 pm

He would shake his head a bit. ''No, it's fine. I don't think it's your fault...'' The guy didn't seem to be doing anything actually wrong. It was probably just his own muscles being wound up, which was likely going to cause a bit of discomfort at first, no matter what the other did there. It wasn't like it hurt too much anyway. Kind of an odd feeling though, and perhaps it also had to do with the fact that he was not used to this. He normally didn't let people touch him much to begin with, and definitely not like this, so it was what it was.

''?'' Of course, interruptions just when no one was asking for them. Honestly, he had almost forgotten about the fact that they were waiting for the food with all this happening. Well boogus. He would sigh faintly when the other moved away, shifting himself as well to sit on one side of the sofa as he leaned with his elbow against its arm, watching the new scene with a thoughtful expression. He did make sure to fold his tail behind himself against the sofa though, so that it wouldn't really be visible. As for the ears..well, who knew whether the delivery guy would even pay attention to him since Rika was the one going to be taking care of this and even if, it could always simply be said that they were decorations in case someone wanted to ask, which wouldn't be all that strange of a thing. He didn't really feel like wasting the energy on poofing them in and out unless he really had to.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 8:42 pm

"Hmm. Okay," the demon would say scratching his head not sure if that was true or not. It could've been a wrong move on his part or maybe it really was due to the fact that other was so tense already. Maybe there was nothing to do to cause comfort/hurt as long as the guy was wound up. Such a tricky matter; however, the demon wouldn't get to poke too much at the matter because the pizza guy decided to knock just when he wanted to say something too. Ah well.

Rika would indeed go to the door and thankfully the pizza guy was smart enough not to open his mouth or try too be to noisy about what was beyond the dude with the cash. Rika would pay the amount for the order, but would give only a small tip this round for lateness. The guy looked like he wanted to say something about that after glancing up at Rika, he decided against causing trouble. No need to be late and get a potential customer complaint right? Well in any case, the demon would close the door and take the pizza to the table and place it at the center of it.

Then drifting to the kitchen, he would begin too look around for plates and two glasses as he was doing this he would speak.

"Anyway, what I was about to say was perhaps we can talk a bit more about what makes you so uncomfortable when it comes massages? Or even why you are so tensed."

The demon would pause in talking as he looked at where a wine glass was. Hmm...That shelf. Welp. Keeping an ear out for whatever the other would say, the demon would get on his tippy toes and try to reach the glass, his tail appearing and swishing for balance as he tried to get that glass that had somehow gotten pushed back further than he would've liked.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Hmm. Well, that went smoothly enough at least. Nevertheless, he would remain in his seat as he was, frowning to himself a little when the other passed around him and began asking questions. ''I don't think it's specifically that, although I can't say I've had any before anyway. I'm not uncomfortable per se...I just don't do good with touchy things. I'm sure you remember it wasn't too much better before when we did things here the first time.'', he would shrug slightly. ''Try to tell that to my mind though. It usually doesn't want to listen.'' Which could be a pain at times.

Speaking of pain. ''....do you need help with that?'' He would inquire as he took note of the guy doing maneuvers there. It was kind of amusing to watch, but he didn't want any unnecessary accidents happening either.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 pm

“Ah, I do remember that from earlier. I wonder if that will be just a thing for us to deal with from here on out, the touch thing that is. I mean what makes you do that? Reflex or something?” the demon would ask as he paused to look at the glass  he could not quite reach as he remained on his tippy toes. He would narrow his eyes a bit at the glass as his tail flicked as he thought how to get it.

Just when he was about to go to plan b he would hear the other’s inquiry and look over at him as he settled flat on his feet once more. “That would be much appreciated,” the demon would respond back with a nod to the other, as a sheepish smile came across his face. Ah well, short was short.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 pm

''I'm not entirely sure. Might be something like that.'' Maybe not necessarily pure reflex though, but close enough? It was likely a combination of that, some habit and the way his mind worked. Or something akin to that. He couldn't really explain that one, nor was he certain even if he had to attempt giving a more detailed answer. He would snort faintly. ''And who knows, maybe it'll get better. Want to try and see if me getting drunk helps?'' Well, he meant that one mostly as a joke but then again, alcohol could have positive effects on relaxing when used in moderation, yes? He wasn't going to try to overthink that for the moment though, as he focused on the more pressing issue. They couldn't drink without glasses after all.

Getting up, he would walk over to the demon, glancing at the shelf in question. ''How did you even put these there in the first place?'' Or why, for that matter? If you know you can't really reach that high, doesn't it make more sense to not put things in questionable places as long as you aren't out of usable space? Regardless, he would grab one of the glasses, studying it a bit. ''This, yes?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue May 02, 2017 5:48 am

“Mmm. That is going to be an odd snag. As you can see I am very touchy and cuddly, so I hope I don’t break ya,” the demon would say mostly as a joke, but seriously...if the other constantly tensed up due to touch wouldn’t that wear on the body? And on that note how could one actually enjoy anything if they could not relaxed? Hmm...well, he supposed he would deal with that as he went. As for that drunk comment, the demon would let out an amused “Hmph!” as he looked over at the other with an amused grin on his face. “Drunk, huh? Well, it is worth a try,” the demon said poking his tongue out at the other playfully. He honestly didn’t want the guy full out drunk, but still who knew, the drink itself might be a good thing in general for both of them even if they weren’t full on drunk. Perhaps it could act as a chill pill of a sort.

In any case, the demon would move out of the way slightly as the other came to retrieve the glass he was after. “I think i moved it up there when i was arranging the cabinet and probably bumped it back there with who knows what. I usually don’t or at least put it on the edge where I can reach it. Guess I got careless this time,” the demon would say rubbing his head a bit just behind his horns (He had kept these out even when going to the store).

“Yes that. Thank you for getting them down. I’ll have to move the two down lower, so even if they get pushed I can still reach them,” he said his tail instinctively wagging slightly as he gave the other a smile of thanks. “If  you’d kindly take them to the table, I’ll be there shortly.”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue May 02, 2017 6:02 am

''I'll....live.'' It wasn't that bad anyway. He did have his odd moments, but it wasn't as if he did it every time someone even as much as poked him. It would probably be more or less okay once he got used to the other. He was much less enthusiastic about having strangers touch him after all. If it was everyone and anyone, he wouldn't even be letting the demon do as much as he was. Besides, he did like touching in the right circumstances. Sometimes...things just didn't work out as expected, is all. ''Maybe I'll try. Though, I am not interested in a big hangover, so I can't overdo it either....'', he would huff faintly. Ah well. It would be okay as long as he didn't cross the line too much, right?

He would hum under his breath as he examined the shelf. ''Sometimes I wonder who they make these for. You're not even that short and still can't reach all the way up properly...'' Did they expect people to be tall by base? It could be quite the waste to have useless high shelves, but somehow, almost any set ups have a few whether you want them or not. ''Mmm, alright.'' Well, he had nothing interesting to respond with there, so he would just do what he needed to and walk over to put the glasses on the table in question before sitting back down for the time being.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue May 02, 2017 9:05 pm

“Cool,” the demon would say as he gave the other a lopsided smirk of amusement as he heard the response back. Despite the look, he really did wonder how long it would take the other to warm up to him or loosen up. He could understand this was their first rodeo, so he could forgive this time and perhaps his forgiveness would have a rather wide grace period for the other to adapt.  After all, everyone needed time right? So why rush it? The demon was quite confident with some work it would all be alright in the end...more or less.

“Heh. Well then you are free to do whatever you want. I ain’t your mama so, I am not gonna stop ya. Still I would have to agree with a bit of control here. Would hate to be cleaning up behind ya or carrying ya to bed like that.” Drunkness and all the things that came with it. While he had only been that way once in his life, he had seen enough from others in the bar setting to know that going overboard was a no. Not only would make a fool and mess of yourself, but that stuff got dangerous alone or in a group so yeah. Not fun times when done without control. Did he expect this one with him to go wild, even when he said he didn’t want to overdo it? Not really, but then again he was learning rather fast to expect nothing when it came to this guy because he always seemed to do something beyond what was expected.

Drunk matters aside, let’s talk about these cabinet structures instead, yes?

“Well, I honestly don’t know. Though I believe there is an oriental philosophy or perhaps just one I heard, but pretty much the empty shelf is like a symbol for new things to come. You’re not suppose to pile your crap up to that point, so new stuff can come end. Not sure if that is what they were going for or if someone just was like hey dude cover that space. Regardless, usually them top shelves are for the soon to be forgotten or things not used at least that seems to be the trend for those shelves,” the demon would say as he tiptoed to make sure no more glass or other items were on that shelf he could barely reach. Good. It was only that. Anyway, the other would take the glasses to the table as the demon shifted to collect the plates and the drink.

Coming over to the table, he’d put the drink down first before handing a plate over to the other. After this  he would sit in chair across from the other and open the pizza box; however, he wouldn’t go for the first piece as he looked over at the other. “After you,” he said as he looked over at the other with a smirk.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 pm

‘’Don’t worry dear, I wouldn’t aim for your floor if I were to throw up.’’, he would remark jokingly before shaking his head at the matter. ‘’Honestly though, I don’t quite see the appeal behind making a wreck of yourself.’’ What for, really? You can get a decent effect without going completely under the table like that, so why aim for the point where you’d just be regretting your existence later was beyond him. He likely wouldn’t unless there was something making him. Like some sort of drinking game or such where he couldn’t really escape downing more. He didn’t enjoy being super sick for a useless reason like that. Even a good thing can become bad when overdone.

He would raise an eyebrow when Rika gave theories about the shelves. ‘’Now that is a rather pointless idea in my opinion. Besides, if you’re tall enough, who’s going to stop you from actually putting that top shelf to use anyway.’’ Not going to be forgotten if you can reach it as easily as any other place. Guess it came down to every person and their height as well as views on it. He didn’t have any problems majority of the time so he didn’t think on it much, but on second thought it did indeed seem a little odd for it to be a thing even for short people who wouldn’t get much use from it.

Moving onto the food though. He would shrug lightly. ‘’If you say so.’’ It’s not like he cared if he got the first one or not, so he technically had no reason to protest, although he did wonder why did the guy bother. Eh, whatever. Time to hope this one wouldn’t be too messy? Hmm….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 am

“Oh, well isn’t that a relief,” the demon would say, adding in a bit of theatrics by pretending to wipe his brow in relief as he played along for a bit before relaxing into an easy going smile. “There really isn’t a point to be honest and I am not sure why some find the idea so appealing. I mean tipsy or such is alright. At least there you are still safe and in control, but past that? Not exactly my cup of tea. I think only let myself go one time and I ain’t planning to do that again anytime soon, so I am good with setting my limits for drinks.” It is one thing to do the act to drown out something, but just for fun? No thank you. He preferred to just chill with a drink and wake up more less or okay rather than sick anyway. Last he checked that was the correct way to enjoy a drink.

Meh. Maybe that was just him, but in the end it wouldn’t matter much as the pair moved into a different topic. “Hmmm, I dunno think so. I think it depends on what the person believes there; however, I would agree ya’ll giants could put the thing wherever you like and have no issue. Unless customized, I’ve never seen cabinet built for shorter people. It makes me wonder how the layout would look if each home was designed specifically for a person’s height.” Well that would certainly be interesting to see even more so if short person visited a tall person’s house or vice versa. Maybe the way the shelves were put up now was the happy middle point for those of all. Hmm. Curious, but not curious enough to keep the demon’s attention for long as food and drink came into the picture.

As the demon let the other grab the first slice out of courtesy more so than anything, he would grab the bottle of booze and after examining the top a bit manage to work his way through the outer wrapping at the top and with a good twist, got it open. Pouring himself a half glass for now, he would put the bottle back on the table before resting in his chair and taking a small sip of the drink tasting it. As the liquid hit tongue, the demon would flick his tongue as a pleased smile came over his face. “That is good,” he would say before taking one more sip before setting the cup down and then moving to get a slice of pizza for himself.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed May 03, 2017 2:01 pm

He would give a faint amused huff at the played comedy before commenting on the slightly more serious conversation. ‘’Who knows. Some people probably don’t know their limits well enough though. How much one can take before it’s too much varies depending on the strength of the drink too, and it is possible to accidentally trip up if you drink at a faster pace.’’ It can be hard to guess unless you’re already used to that specific type of drink. When not, you could shoot too far if not careful enough. Every alcohol is a bit different in how it affects things, even when you take two which have the same percentage. Nevertheless, there are plenty people who find it fun to go that far on purpose, but hell if he knew why. Even if you want to drink something away, it’s still not really necessary to go under that badly to get the helpful effect you seek.

He would roll his eyes jokingly. ‘’I’m not a giant just yet. And just because someone decides to believe, it doesn’t make the extra shelf any more useful anyway.’’ You can believe what you want, but when do those things ever bring something to the table? ‘’That said…I guess it depends? The biggest problem would be someone having it too high and no one else being able to reach. The other way around, at least the person can bend down or such.’’ Or maybe even squat down. Either way, if it’s just to get something, the taller person wouldn’t have too much of an issue. The short one trying to get at high shelves though….well, there are always chairs and stuff to stand on? Impractical, but possible. Whatever though. Not like it mattered that much.

For the time being, he would half-watch the demon open the bottle, half-try to make sure he didn’t end up with pizza toppings all over himself for no good reason. He’d pause to blink at the guy though. ‘’It better be. Otherwise I’ll leave you the whole bottle.’’ Well, maybe not entirely, but were he to not like the taste much, he would likely not drink a lot. Bad aftertaste was not high on his list of things to enjoy. Sure, some drinks taste pretty meh by base, but those are usually the ones you drink as a shot. Just get it over with before your taste buds register the taste properly. Which was obviously not what they were doing here. That aside, he wouldn’t do much besides commenting for the moment, as he would have to free his hands before he could grab at the liquid himself. Can’t juggle both pizza and a bottle without some risks.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed May 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The demon would smile faintly as his hand went up to absentmindedly twist the hair that rested a bit under his horns. He was amused by the play, but would let it pass by as other things came up. “Mhmm. Good thing I drink rather slow and do shots rarely then.” He kind of didn’t have to worry too much about getting sloshed by accident unless of course he underestimated the drink or something else was going on to get him there. There was room for error for sure, but typically not as much as those that drank without care or with the aim to get drunk. So that was that.

“Well in comparison to us smaller folk you are,” the demon would tease back and then humming would nod a bit. “Well those shelves are as useful as one makes them, rather it is fabricated due to belief or something more practical.” And it was true. No one could really say if a high shelf was more useful to someone than a low shelf. Just as one couldn’t exactly say why shelves were structured the way they were. In the end, everything came down the individual and what they preferred. Regardless of this the demon wasn’t trying to make an argument with his words as he rubbed his ear slightly. “Well if you can’t reach it that is a sad case, but I am pretty stubborn and find some….creative ways to get what i want. Might’ve experienced just how creative I can get if you left me to my own devices.” The demon would glance over at the other and grin. “I am glad you saved me from that performance.” Seriously, he was. Yeah, he would’ve gotten that glass down alright, but safely? Well that was questionable.

That aside, the two males would eventually get to sitting and drinking and eatting, the demon not phased at all by being watched a bit as he tried the rather smooth drink before placing it down and attempting to free a slice of pizza from the box. He would have to get the gooy one, but by some miracle, he got the pizza free and managed to keep the toppings on instead of having to go back in the box to retrieve them. Happy at the small triumph on the inside, he hold the pizza slightly above his plate as he looked up at the other a bit.

“Heh. That would be problematic. Not one to keep horrible stuff around, but I suppose if it was just alright, I would drink over a very long period of time. Probably wouldn’t need another bottle for a good while with that amount,” he would say and then lowering his eyes to his pizza, he would do his best to take a bite off the tip; however, it wasn’t exactly neat. A good chunk of the cheese sliding off, causing the demon to lower his head to cut some of it with his teeth. Once he could lift his head safely again, he would grab a napkin off the pile he had brought with him and use it to wipe his face and hands, so he could be clean of remains. Heh. Well at least most of the mess was on the plate and not on the table, himself, or the floor...yet. We’ll have to see how long that last.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 pm

‘’I’m not hitting my head against the ceiling yet, so I think I’m good.’’ Well, that would have been quite the problem if it really happened. Most places were built pretty high though, thankfully. Although, there were moments when he did question some lower hanging ceiling lamps/fans. That stuff can be dangerous man. Regardless, he would just shrug lightly towards the majority of what was said next. He would still say that if that top shelf was about to be left empty period, it didn’t even need to be there in the first place, thus useless no matter what strange beliefs someone held about it. It wasn’t something worth arguing about though. He didn’t particularly care so much about furniture and whatever arrangement at the end of the day, as long as it wasn’t explicitly getting in his way. ‘’I didn’t want to see something get broken.’’ Whether it would have been some glass, or even a part of the other. It can be dangerous to try balancing on stuff to reach somewhere after all.

Hmmm. ‘’Is there a type of alcohol you wouldn’t touch at all?’’, he would ask after a while, in between dealing with his food. There sure was stuff that had a rather concerning taste, but what was so bad that one wouldn’t even dare drink it? Well, technically nothing since if everyone refused to drink a certain type, it would stop being sold. But still, not everyone was into everything seeing as personal preferences did exist.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed May 03, 2017 7:43 pm

The demon would chuckle lightly at that one as he shook his head. So the other wasn't, but being tall he had to wonder if the advantages gained also had prices to bear. Yes short did have some issues on its own, but then again, being short kind of worked out nicely considering the only major thing to worry about was high things and falls weren't that bad...most of the time. In any case, the demon wouldn't say much more on the matter. Just as it seemed the other wouldn't add onto other topics too. Ah well. He supposed some things had worn out their time, but there was one that still lingered about that caused the demon to tilt his head at the other as he considered the words heard.

He was quiet for a moment, but then closing his eyes a bit he would smile. "Fair enough." Was all he said because to be honest there was nothing else to say to that comment since they were both in the same boat of not wanting pain or suffering of any sort to come to the demon, the glasses, or even Sharaku who probably wouldn't be too pleased to be handling an emergecy.

Well that happened, what next? Ah. Pizza on the lap? Got it. Yep it was inevitable it seemed that food stay on the plate alone. As the demon went to put the remains of cheese that had fallen off earlier, the piece just had to be droopy and welp it dropped and snapped off landing on his pants. Sigh. Why was this a thing?

Grumbling inwardly about it, the demon moved to clean that mess up just as the other asked him a question. "Well. I suppose something overly bitter would be my stopping point. I mean I can handle my shots and some of the ones that got bite, but when it goes over board in that department or just tasting like well alcohol versus something savory, I tend to avoid them and not drink them unless I have no choice in the matter." He wasn't too picky with his food or other things, but heavier drinks? Yeah, he was all sorts of picky. He could be hard to please sometimes with that. "How about you?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Well yes, too tall had its downfalls too. Mostly having a hard time fitting into either certain spaces, or clothes. Whether too tall or too short was worse probably depended on every individual's opinion though. Both could be at times trouble, at times useful. Moving on however, as those random conversations started dying off already, and seeing as the demon chose to not say anything response provoking to his statement on the helpfulness either, he would only give a faint hum before passing on that one.

Food was kind of the start of the show anyway, wasn't it? ''...you sure you don't want to try eating a different way?'' Hands were all good, but was it worth it to do so just to get the pizza all over yourself? Could be much safer to use a fork or such in the case of it being too tough to manage. He was doing more or less okay for now, but he probably wouldn't protest a less tricky way either. And the other was putting it on himself with the first piece already. Not like it was a disgrace to eat that way or something. Anyhow...''Most stronger ones taste that way...I usually prefer not to go that way, but it's not the end of the world I guess. I haven't tried something that I couldn't swallow just yet at least....'' Not that he drank often to begin with. Nevertheless, he did have a preference for ones that tasted better, but aside from a few complaints he would live something else too. Just...not too often, please.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 04, 2017 7:10 am

The demon would ball up the napkin that had cleaned up the minor mess, holding it lightly in his hand as he looked over at the other. "Eat another way?" he would ask not quite sure what the guy was suggesting. Sure he could make a guess at one way alternate way of eating a pizza, but why assume it was that if maybe the guy was speaking of something else? So the demon poked a bit instead just to make sure. In any case, he wasn't doing that bad was he? Yes the pizza topping came off and yes while nomming on it he had gotten some on his chin, and yes a tad bit had fallen on his pants, BUT for the most part he was fairing okay, yes? Or did it perhaps look worse on the other end? Hmmm...le mysteries.

Well that aside...

"Heh. I suppose I am a bit more picky. Don't get me wrong, I'll try stuff, but if I don't like I just don't and I find I don't care for the stronger stuff. I prefer my wines or sweeter and smoother things. So if the drink has a good balance of it all, I am a happy camper." Eh. So he was picky, but then again he was a laid-back drinker. He could do shots, but he typically did maybe one or so if he needed to calm down or something. Outside of that if he aimed for the harder hitting ones, he aimed for something smooth and good tasting to relax with rather than bitter or fire. Even his favorite drink sake went through the same judgement. It had to be just right for him or else it was a nope. It was as simple as that.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 am

Well, he didn’t particularly mean any specific way, even though there likely weren’t too many useful ones to begin with. Just…something that would make this less messy? He wasn’t sure he wanted to watch the guy turn himself into pizza at this rate. ‘’Whatever works better for you? I mean, you’re already putting pizza on yourself with the first slice, and I’m skeptical of how this is going to turn out. Unless you like having food all over yourself…?’’ It’s not the most pleasant image though. And even if it’s just a little…stuff like molten cheese and whatnot is probably going to stain at least a bit, even when you wipe it off. It’s not random crumbs that don’t stick to anything. That said, watching that stuff did not exactly help boost his appetite any.

He would shrug vaguely. ‘’Well, taste is one thing…but if I’m already going for alcohol, what’s the point in getting stuff that has next to no effect unless I drink like the whole bottle, just because it’s the best tasting one? Stuff is typically not super cheap, and I might as well just grab a box of juice instead in that case.’’ It wouldn’t be all that different in the end, probably actually sweeter and less expensive. And he wasn’t really into wine much in general. A lot of them had a bitter/sour aftertaste, and it kind of just didn’t do much for him. He wouldn’t decline if someone offered him that, but probably not buy it himself. Sake was not very different either, as it did kind of taste like wine…just a little different since it was made from rice instead. Either way, while he didn’t aim to get himself drunk under the table or such, he kind of didn’t see much use in getting weak stuff that wouldn’t do anything noticeable unless he drank a lot of it fast. At that point, there are other, non-alcoholic options that might even taste better than that anyway, and for less money. He could be picky here and there, but at the end of the day, he'd rather go out of his way a bit than get something practically useless.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 04, 2017 6:10 pm

The demon would stare at the other for a moment, his expression hard to read. As his free hand drummed the table, a bit in thought. "Hmmm," the demon would let out the sound before blinking and with a light excuse me, he pushed away from the table and went into the kitchen. Opening a drawer he'd dig around a bit for a fork and a knife before coming back to the table. Setting the utensils down for a moment he'd get another napkin and unfold it, this time placing it on his lap and getting another to tuck it into his shirt. Quite prepared, he'd nod a bit proud.

"There. Covered on all fronts now," he would say and then picking up the fork and knife he'd look at the pizza. "I am not sure how useful this is, but at least having to work a bit will cause me to pay attention a bit more to the food....or at least I hope. I don't exactly aim to make a mess, but I am pretty meh on dropping things and spilling things at times. Not on purpose mind you...it just happens," he said with a light frown as he began to work on cutting a piece of the pizza off.

Honestly, he wasn't trying to make a mess and while this move may have seemed over the top, he was honestly thinking of where else the pizza could go when he got the napkins. As for the fork and knife...well he'd have to see how well this went in the end.

"I guess that is one way to look at it, but I am more of a casual drinker. I am not saying the stuff I do get doesn't have a punch here and there, but I typically get ones that take slower to kick in unless I do what you say and drink the whole bottle alone or chug it for whatever bizarre reason. If I go out I might go for something a bit heavier depending on what I am aiming for, but either way, I'd still say taste is a huge factor for me. As for juice, meh. I drink it rarely so I dunno and I can't exactly compare the stuff to tea or lemonade or the random milkshake since those are way on the opposite end. Though I will admit mixing some of the heavier things in orange juice or something sweeter ain't bad, so sometimes the heavier stuff is worth it. As for price tag, well keep a bottle of wine or sake around for super slow consumption since it is just me so I don't really spend a ton on the stuff unless I am looking for something specific or I have a drinking partner that wants to share in a bottle."

The demon would pause to pop the piece cut into his mouth...and look no mess...yet.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Errr, okay? That wasn’t necessarily what he was after though. ‘’….how do you eat when in a public place then?’’ Sure, everyone drops or spills something once in a while since nobody is perfect, but isn’t it kind of bad when it’s like this? The ‘get up’ looked kind of ridiculous too. If one did that somewhere at a bar/restaurant, they’d probably have people shooting them weird looks here and there. It’s not exactly something you casually do like it’s a basic thing. If it was, a lot of people would do that, but how often do you really see it?

Hm. ‘’I guess I don’t really care to drink alcohol for no reason. It doesn’t feel worth it to go for that as a random drink. It’s not like the stuff is super healthy anyway, depending on which one you get. Besides, I’m not really into wine or such anyway, so my options for weaker stuff are limited as is. I usually either don’t drink at all, or if I do, then I’m not doing it for a few sips of wine or such. To be honest though, if I’m on my own, I practically never bother. It’s whatever.’’ He wouldn’t get much out of it, even if he had something that did have a stronger effect. As much as he disliked the idea of making himself a fool in front of people, it also seemed almost pointless to be any level of drunk by yourself. Perhaps he just didn’t get it, but it kind of did not interest him unless he had an odd day once in a blue moon.

Eh, either way, he would busy himself chewing on the last bit of his pizza piece as he went to pour himself some of the drink as well.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 pm

"...Like I was before I thought to do this," the demon would say, blinking at the other with a rather calm expression. Would he do this out in public. Well it depended. He did place a napkin in his lap most of the time and kind of skipped the bib deal unless necessary. Was he embarrassed by it? No. And did this necessarily mean he was so bad he couldn't do without the get up? Not at all. Honestly, he was just trying to cover the bases since the pizza didn't seem to want to go on his plate or mouth, so..."Do you think, I'd do this in public?" he asked after a while as he cut off another piece of pizza before falling quiet for a bit to eat the piece and listen to wherever that went and also to the conversation that followed the mess business.

"Well I'd say, I drink a tad bit more than you, but for the most part it is super chilled rather I am at home or not. Hard drinks or daily drinking? Nah. Thus why a bottle plus me last a long time. I have it there for when I want it you know? It's kind of nice here and there, especially when watching nature or using it to finish off a nice meal." the demon said before placing down the fork and knife on the plate. Taking the napkin tucked in his shirt out, he wiped his mouth a bit before folding the napkin off to the side as his eyes focused on the crust. Not worried about a mess there he went for picked it up and began to eat it as the other finished off his piece.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 04, 2017 7:17 pm

He would shrug lightly. ''I mostly meant that towards your tendency to drop things and all that you mentioned. It could be pretty embarrassing to be making a mess when there are people to watch you.'' One way or the other though, it seemed like a not so great a deal. ''And I don't know. Would you? I just think it looks kind of ridiculous, is all.'' Looking like a kid who hasn't learned how to eat properly yet without a mess was not quite on his agenda. He's try everything else before resorting to that. If you can keep things above the plate and not move them around through the air a lot, they shouldn't just fall all over you and the place, right?

''I usually avoid that. I could drink at random if I so wanted, but I think that would not end too well for me. It's best to not try getting used to having alcohol around at hand's reach.'' It wasn't necessarily like he disliked it outside of the uselessness factor here and there. That's also what made it kinda bad though. At least when you don't bother having it around, you won't have a reason to do it more often simply on a whim. Last thing he wanted was to end up on the bad side of drinking for no reason.

Speaking of which, he would get himself a more or less full glass, unlike the other who only did half, since he didn't want to bother needing to refill often. It was easier to count how much he already went through that way as well, at least for him. ''Hmmm...''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 pm

"Meh. It is what is. It is not...and if it happens well it happens tho despite this example I think I am okay with keeping clean...more or less." And he was for the most part, its just sometimes he spilled a bit and in public it was never a disaster if it did happen. Just small things you know and thankfully in places no one bothered to look. "If I found the need to I would, but that would have to be one messy deal. And maybe, but why worry about how it looks or what people think. If it works it works, no?" So it was something done for kids, but adults had their moments too so what was wrong with going the impractical or odd route? You stayed clean right and it wasn't like everywhere was some high class place with rules right? So what was the deal? Perhaps the demon just didn't get it, but whatever, he'd let the matter go wherever as he took to nomming on the crust of the pizza.

"Mmm? Why do say that?" the demon would ask before popping the last bit of crust into his mouth. Chewing it well, he would take grab his cup and take a swallow of the drink to wash the pizza down. As he did this, he took note of how the other filled up his glass, but otherwise said nothing on the matter.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 pm

''I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have people's eyes on me for something like that. I'd rather find a different way if it was bad enough to need fixing.'' He wasn't the most enthusiastic about public places to begin with, and something like that would only add onto the list of things that are uncalled for. He'd rather just eat his food in peace without anyone staring at him at all. Or at least not a bunch of strangers.

Hm? ''Say what exactly?'' Which part of what he said was the problem...? He wasn't sure what the demon wanted to hear from him there. And he kind of didn't want to go on a monologue about everything just in case while they were eating. They were already talking quite a lot after all. Nevertheless, he would just lean against the back of the chair as he picked up his glass. ''Cheers?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 04, 2017 7:57 pm

The demon would consider the other for a moment as he held the glass lightly in one hand. "Hmm. I suppose I can see the logic in that." There were after all many ways to skin a cow, so to speak. That aside, the demon would absentmindedly swish the liquid in his glass and then upon having a question thrown at him, he would hum lightly.

"You stated you didn't think have alcohol on hand to drink at whim was wise because it would end badly so you thought. I was curious as to why that was," the demon said before falling silent to see what came of that.

blinking he was on the edge of taking a third sip from his cup, but paused as the other picked up his glass and did something a bit unexpected. flicking his tail slightly, the demon would shift the glass to his left hand so he was holding it properly before giving the light other a light smirk as he raised his glass slightly towards the other. "Cheers."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Ah, that. ''I'm usually not terribly picky. Unless it's something I really dislike, I will probably eat or drink it as long as you put it in front of me. I don't want to accidentally drink more than is necessary just because I had it there, that's all.'' He'd leave it to the people who wanted to become addicts, okay? Seriously though, it's always more tempting to grab at something when you know you have it right there, so that was a thing either way.

...he actually didn't really expect the other to play along. He kind of just felt like saying that, rather than him trying to get something to happen...but since it did, he'd go with it, clinking his glass against the other's with an amused huff. ''Sure.'', he would mutter before taking a gulp of the liquid. Hmm...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top