The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

When Midnight Jokes Become Real

2 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 Empty Re: When Midnight Jokes Become Real

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 7:11 am

The demon would stay by the chair watching the other with a light frown on his face. He would open his mouth to say something and then with a sigh, he would sit the glass down and shake his head as he looked off the side.

"I honestly dunno..." The demon would finally manage and then become quiet as he thought for a moment. The problem rested with himself he knew, but... The demon would shake himself mentally as he looked at the other from the corner of his eyes as he heard the guy sigh. As he heard the words, the demon would shift in his position and drift around the table to the other. Instead of sitting in a chair though, the demon would plop down on the floor next to the other and with a slight lean he'd manage to rest his head against the other's leg as he closed his eyes a bit.

"Mmm. Driving you that far out of orbit?" he would ask, in soft tones as he stayed where he was for now.
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

When Midnight Jokes Become Real - Page 9 Empty Re: When Midnight Jokes Become Real

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Well, so much for an answer, apparently. Which was kind of sad, since he couldn’t deny that the matter did get on his nerves quite a bit here and there. Plus, it just made him feel dumb. He didn’t really like being pelted with all the problems and stuff, and then basically told that he’s useless because he can’t or shouldn’t lift a finger about it. Yes, acceptance is great, and he technically valued that too in a sense…but being just shot down like that every time and told he shouldn’t think things did not make him happy anyway. Mainly when it was brought up so much that something likely needed to be done, and he was more or less made to talk about the subject…just to find out he might as well have gone and had a conversation with a trash can, since it would probably have accomplished about the same. It made him feel like he was just a fool in someone’s parade, and that was not a pleasant position to be in. And sadly, a few cuddles and whatnot here and there were not going to solve that for him, or make the situation ‘better’, unlike for the other who seemed to be able to live on that or something. That’s arguably not even a reason he’d date someone for.

‘’I think getting worked up and possibly raising my blood pressure doesn’t work all that well with alcohol…’’, he would state before scoffing faintly, folding his arms on the table and just resting his face against them. He honestly lost a good chunk of his mood for the moment, which probably wasn’t really surprising given the situation.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 6:37 pm

The demon would hear the words and shift to look up at the other when he decided to rest his head against his arms. Blinking sleepily the demon would shift in his spot and get to his feet before leaning forward and attempting to somewhat hug the other as one arm slipped under the guy and the other arm rested across his back. Provided he wasn't noped in anyway, he would rest his head against the other's back for the moment.

"I dun mean to wind you up...or get your blood pressure high...I am not even tryin’ to get out of answering what you said. I just...dunno. Dunno what to say in regards to that. I mean I know it’s a problem ‘cause it keeps coming up time and time again, but figuring it out? I dunno...it seems that trying to do it now is just another way to get ourselves stuck in a loop of repeated words and frustrations. I am not sure of what to do about it yet...I need a  bit of time to think on it to figure it out..Maybe we can come back to it later, da?”
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 7:03 pm

''.........''

Well, he wouldn't move an inch for the time being, but it didn't seem like he was enjoying the hugging too much. He wasn't completely anti-hug or something, but he had his limits...and the other could be way too touchy for him sometimes. This was not the kind of upset he wanted to be coddled over anyway. That said, he just didn't always take well to having someone glued to him too often, unless he was at the very least in the mood for it somehow. He tolerated it alright, but sometimes he was really just 'why is this a thing'. Maybe it was just him, but he didn't quite get the idea of wanting to be snuggling with a person when the frustrations in question involved them specifically. Not that he was super touchy to begin with, so he kind of had to want it for it to have a good effect.

''How many times is it going to come up again before this 'later' actually happens though?'', he would ask at first, but just sigh after. ''...you know what, just forget it. I'm going to want to punch something if this keeps up. This is probably not a good talk to be having over drinks....''
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 pm

"Hopefully not many and later may be sometime today or perhaps even tomorrow if it comes up then." It was a problem for sure, but...The demon would move away perhaps due to being aware that his action might be agitating the other even more or maybe something else entirely. Either way, he'd stand back up and drift back to get his glass. "In any case, we agree tis is not a good drinking topic, so going outside to see what the wind has to say for a bit," the demon would say as he shifted in his spot and drifted across the room to the door that led to the porch. Opening it, he would slip outside leaving the door open both to let in fresh air and also so if the other wanted to come out he could.

in any case, the demon would blink a bit in the light that was slowly moving towards sunset. It still warm out, but the breeze was nice against his skin that was exposed. Leaning against the railing for now, the demon would balance his glass on the railing between his hands and take the moment to just air out his brain. It was the first time, he had ever exited his home without hiding his ears or tail...and for once he did not care or worry.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 7:32 pm

Somehow, he kind of doubted that answer. It seemed unlikely considering how he didn't get as much as a peep out of the other now. What could happen to suddenly turn it around within a few hours or such? He sort of didn't really see a solution happening even if they did talk about it though, so who knew how much that truly mattered. ''I don't think it'll tell you anything, but if that's what you want to do....'' He wasn't going to move for now though. Well, not from his chair at least. He would get off the table and lean against the back of the chair though, staring up at the ceiling a bit with a faint frown. He could go outside, but he kind of didn't feel like it right now. Besides, he would get some of the fresh air anyway, since the demon was leaving the door open. Hmmm....
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 7:49 pm

The demon could indeed be talktive and at times stubborn when it came to certain things. He could fight with things for a while, but depending on mood and other factors, he could wear down pretty quickly too and considering today had been quite the roller coaster ride, it was surprising the demon hadn't crashed already. But somehow... somehow he was still moving forward even if for now he was being relatively quiet.

He had heard the other's words, but for the most part had only given a light hum of acknowledgement before slipping outside. he would stay outside for the time being his ears taking in sounds that humans could not hear as his eyes studied the cars below before drifting upward towards the trees and clouds. He would watch the patterns in the sky for a bit before becoming a bit distracted as a pretty monarch butterfly flitted into view. Blinking, he'd watch the creature for a bit before moving his right hand, balling it mostly into fist with the exception of the index finger as he reached out to the flittering creature which after some debate landed on his finger.

Smiling a bit, he carefully lowered his hand so as not to startle the creature as he observed it as it rested upon him. For now he would focus on something simple as he took a few more moments to clear out his head.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Well, he didn't crash or things like that, but he did not like fighting when there was no real goal in sight. He didn't even know what would he be fighting for anymore. It was more akin to a struggle to keep going rather than anything else at the moment. Which brought about another reason....he could get irritated/agitated pretty easily when it wasn't working at all, in which case it would likely just end up in an argument rather than a fair talk anyway, and that wasn't what he wanted to be doing in the end. He could bite pretty hard when something was poking at his nerves consistently, but that was obviously not going to be helping anyone.

This was just...out of hand, to be honest. He understood that medical issues were a thing alright, but should it really be this hard? If so, then how would people like that ever get in satisfying relationships? Maybe they were just missing something, but either way, this was not a lot of fun right now. Nevertheless, he was probably not going to figure out anything right now, so he would just make use of the alone time and get himself another glass of drink. Despite the slight stars moment he had before, he wasn't quite drunk yet, so one more shouldn't be a bad idea. As long as he didn't screw himself over on accident somehow.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Could a case like Rika actually be happy with another? Well yes, but in order for that to happen, both parties had to understand each other first and that...that was the problem wasn't it? The demon would sigh a bit as the butterfly flapped its wings and flew off. Balancing his glass on the railing carefully, he would move his hands to dig in his pocket automatically looking for a cigarette and actually finding one for once. Pulling it out he would find it slightly bent, but that was alright with a little wiggling it was just fine.

Placing the object in his mouth, he would search his other pockets for the lighter and once finding it he would light, the thing taking a drag on it as he placed the lighter back in his pocket. Using his right hand to grab the glass again and his left to maneuver the cigarette, the demon would blow out some smoke as he took this moment to gather his thoughts and come up with a plan. He wouldn't stay outside too long, but this down time was kind of needed for the demon both to settle and re-evaluate his approach.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 pm

It was probably a good thing he hadn't gone outside, since he wasn't the biggest fan of inhaling cigarette smoke. Even less when it was indirectly like that. Besides, he had a feeling they wouldn't really talk even if he was there, so this was probably for the better right now. He kind of didn't have anything to say, or at least nothing that sounded like it was useful enough in this situation. Though, maybe it was also the drink messing with his head and making it harder to come up with smart things to say. Who knew. He wasn't out of it or something, but that didn't mean he wasn't feeling it at least. It's not like they were drinking a super weak one, and he was on the 4th glass at this point already. Ah well, it's not like they were going to come up with some amazing fix today anyway. He was pretty sure of that, at the very least, seeing as it was proving to not be easy at all.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 8:48 pm

The demon would hold the cigarette in his free hand and work on finishing a bit of his drink. Unlike the other his total amount would be three glasses even if he had more refills than the other. The drink wasn't hitting him too hard, but he could already fill that he was coming to a limit as far as staying more or less in the game. He could drink more if he wanted sure, but he wasn't trying to go over board with everything else.

Regardless of that the demon would manage to empty his glass and get a few good drags in before he decided to put the cigarette out. He'd kneel down and crush against the ground since he had no shoes on. Anyway, taking the now out butt in one hand he would go inside to check on the other.

As he entered, he'd narrow his eyes to bring the other into focus. "Not sleeping yet?" he would ask to finally break the silence. Well at least, he seemed a great deal calmer than before.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 9:00 pm

''I think sleeping in a chair would be a bad idea....'' He had too much on his mind to fall asleep within a few minutes anyway. Plus, sleeping right after drinking was typically not the best experience to have. No thank you man. ''Should I be sleeping?'', he'd ask after a moment, seemingly examining his currently half filled glass for the time being, rather than looking at the other. He found that an odd question to ask, to be honest, since there wasn't much reason for him to want to sleep where he was now, so he was somewhat wondering as to why was the other asking him that. Was that meant to be a random conversation starter...?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 9:29 pm

"I think it would depend on the chair for us," the demon would say as he drifted to the table to put his glass down. With a hand free now, he'd pick up his plate and napkins as he continued. "Mmm. Well I suppose that is dependent on you. I am not sure how much it'd take to knock you out both with quiet, stress, or even drink," he would say with a light smile and then looking at the plate by the other he'd tilt his head. "Are you going to be using that plate some more or...?"  Random off topic things indeed...or was it?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 9:41 pm

''That sounds more like fainting to me. I can't sleep like this unless dead tired.'' Maybe if he were laying down on something, and left alone for a good chunk of time. But sitting in a chair and for a couple of minutes like that? If he fell asleep with those conditions, that would actually be a case for worry, probably. He didn't even want to sleep on a chair, so he would not do that willingly. He preferred to not be sore for no good reason. He would shake his head slightly. ''I don't think I'm feeling food right now...'' And even if he did, it would probably not be pizza at the moment.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 pm

"If a chair is comfy enough, I can curl up easily and go to sleep, but then again you are speaking to someone's whose fallen asleep both on the floor and in some very odd positions in general. The chair you're in is a bad sleeping spot, but when tired that table sure makes a nice pillow for us. If I were to faint, I don't think I'd end up in a chair or anything like that. I think the floor would more than likely be my buddy." Meh the demon was odd like that and while some places were better than other, he could crash almost anywhere...though how well he would sleep in the end was always up in the air.

Anyway, to the shake of the head and the answer given, the demon would nod and get the plate from the other, taking the two the kitchen to clean them. He'd make sure to toss the cigarette butt in the trash before working on the dishes. As he worked on cleaning, he would speak to the other.

"So like I was thinking about some things and wanted to ask you some questions. If you don't mind," the demon would begin a bit hesitant due to a bit of anxiety, but not at all the same as the sort that made things crash.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 pm

''I could sleep on things if I absolutely had to, but I don't like doing it. That's just a recipe for something being sore the next morning. I see no point in doing it if I have the choice of walking to anything at the very least resembling a bed.'' He would have to literally be tired enough to fall asleep without wanting to for that to happen. Otherwise, he would just go to bed when he felt like sleeping. He saw zero benefit in sleeping on a chair or floor purposefully, or even letting himself fall asleep there when he could prevent it most of the time. And he sure wouldn't do that out of laziness or such. He'd pick a comfortable sleep over indulging in being a lazy ass any day. It didn't even take that much effort to move a bit anyway....

Hmmmm. ''Sure...?'', he would kind of just blink at the currently empty space in front of him, continuing to sit there and sip on his drink. There wasn't much else to do as he would first have to see what those questions were.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue May 09, 2017 10:44 pm

"Mmm. I can agree a bed is best rest, but honestly a sofa or comfy chair isn't bad either. Other options outside of that...It is debatable and soreness...yeah I understand that one well," the demon would say with a chuckle. Sleeping was an odd affair for him. It wasn't so much laziness that got him stuck in those positions, but rather when he was sleepy he had the tendency to sleep pretty hard and getting up from a spot was always hard to do once he had begun the sleep process. Thus he made a note to be as comfortable as possible just in case he did end up sleeping or having sleep paralysis. He could sleep well or recover easier from a sofa, chair or bed, but a floor or an odd ass position...that was just a pain in the neck at times. That aside though....

The demon would finish one plate and move onto the next as he heard the answer and nodded.

"Earlier today, I asked if you saw us as a couple - like true boyfriends here. i am asking not out of worry, but rather so I can get a better understanding of where I am standing and in turn know which way to step with my next question. Do not overthink or analyze this. Just answer it honestly and trust there is a method to the madness," the demon would say as he finished the next plate.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue May 09, 2017 11:02 pm

''I say no to chairs. My back and neck don't agree with sleep while sitting much.'' Either way, he would think that it shouldn't be that hard. If you know you have trouble getting up once you start falling asleep, then pick your ass up before that happens? Most people should be able to tell they are starting to get really tired and ought to go sleep soon. At least, he thought that should be a normal thing, unless one is pushing the limits on purpose, or is out of it somehow due to stuff like drinking and the like. Whatever though.

Hearing the 'question', he would frown a little, setting his glass down on the table for this one. ''To be honest, I actually don't care for the labels much. One could technically call us 'boyfriends', although it would probably be more proper to simply say we are dating. I don't think we can confidently say this is official yet after all. Either way, I'm not very hung up on this personally. Though considering that most people do care...I don't know, but 'couple' would probably be pushing it with the way we are at the moment. In the end, it depends on how everyone defines these labels anyway...'' He had no idea, to be frank. He kind of did not want to use any of those names at this point, because their status was hardly clear, and people could get the wrong idea from simply hearing the word 'boyfriend' or such at times. Preferably, he would just not bother with them at all, but if someone saw it as necessary, he kind of didn't care...as long as it wasn't horribly off.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 am

"Heh. Alright." Was the only acknowledgement the demon gave the chair comment because honestly there was not much else to say. While it could be argued that people could get up and get in the bed, the way people picked themselves up or how long that took was as varied as the people in the world. Regardless the demon didn't see a point in arguing over it or even dragging out the topic longer than necessary. Besides...

He would turn off the water and put the dishes in the dish washer to dry. He had a different sort of topic to contend with anyway. To the answer given the demon did not throw a fit or become depress or anything as he nodded and drifted back over to the table to settle in his chair again.

"Alright fair enough. Now then since we are on dating level and nothing beyond that wouldn't you agree that if we continue on this path that we are currently on we are either going to break each other or not go forward into something better?"
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed May 10, 2017 3:56 pm

''It's obviously possible. What are you getting at with that?'' He was a little out of the loop here. Both in case of what the label used for their relationship had to even do with this as well as the point of this current question. He would think that something like this hardly even needed to be asked. Unless he was a blind Mr. Optimist, of course he wasn't going to just flat out deny that and insist that they were totally going to be alright and pull through perfectly no matter what. Were they going to fail? Maybe, and it was certainly the option with the higher chance of happening right now, if the progress made was anything to go by. It wasn't even like there was a valid enough point to disagree with this, so he wasn't sure what the demon was after. Was he trying to not accidentally offend by assuming or something? Well, as great as caution was, this better not take half the evening just for questions that have an obvious answer or don't seem all too relevant in the end. He'd rather get to the point than get tangled in a bunch of webs first.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed May 10, 2017 5:47 pm

The demon would blink sleepily at the other as he nodded. He was getting to the point. It was just...

“I wanted to be on the same page, so I asked my questions,” the demon began and then with a light sigh he’d slump back in his chair before focusing narrowed eyes on the other. “So we are going to therapy to fix ourselves, but I was wondering if maybe that should also extend to us in general. I mean...we have tried various ways to get along, but it all comes to a halt of some sort and I am sure why. So I was thinking maybe a therapist would be a good tool to help us along the way until we got to know each other well enough we wouldn’t need such a thing. Whatcha think?”
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed May 10, 2017 6:03 pm

...okay? Though, considering what was said next, he would still say that those previous questions were not really necessary. This could have easily been asked without a set up, since it's not like it was some grand surprise or something. Maybe that was just him though. Regardless, he would just raise an eyebrow at that suggestion, a somewhat skeptical expression on his face for the time being. ''Depends. It sounds like a good idea in theory...but then again, it all comes down to whether they'd understand enough to be of help. I personally don't have a good record of having people actually get what I'm trying to do or say in general, so I can't say how much I'd trust a random therapist to be a psychic when it comes to that. It could easily blow up if the wrong person is picked for the job.'' It was just kind of....well, yes a therapist does have that as their job description, but they are still only human. The chances they'll misunderstand what is really happening and just make the friction bigger are there too. ''How much do you trust some stranger to be able to get what is happening?''
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed May 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Maybe it wasn't necessary, but then again maybe it was. Whatever the case was, the demon most certainly would give no hint of his thought on the matter as he watched the other as he spoke. To what was said, the demon would fold his arms as his left hand went to his ear as he rubbed it in thought.

"Mmm. It could blow up and then it might not. We agree it is hit or miss there, but would it be any worse than what is happening now?" the demon would ask. They were missing more so than hitting the target and kind of getting beat up for it. He wonder if a third party might actually get them to a spot where they could move forward or at least find some way of getting them on the right track. Hmmm?

The demon would stare at the other for a moment before blinking and looking down at the glass. "To be honest, I don't have a gauge until I am in front of the therapist and know from the first session if this is good or not. When it works though it really can help. Not fix, but at least give you tools to use to make things better and perhaps understand yourself or another with. My faith doesn't rest in the person because much like anyone they can talk and give suggestions, but in the end it is up to you and me to make it work, da? So my trust in a third person is neutral, but I do believe there are some perks that might help with the situation if we considered that angle. i believe it's worth a try unless you have something better to suggest." The demon would glance back up at the other. The usual fear and anxiety replaced with a strange calm that was probably brought on by the alcohol that finally got its hooks into the demon now that it had a bit of time to settle.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 pm

He would shrug. ''It could always be. Putting something new into an equation can have any kind of effect.'' It's not like it couldn't be made worse. Who knows what stuff would come out of it, and it could always just make them fight more and stuff. There is no saying either way. It could help, but it could also be the thing that makes things shatter completely.

''You better know what you're doing. I don't want to end up having to do some weird things.'' To be honest, he would probably give a therapist a run for their money. He was by no means an easy person to work with, and even less so when he didn't have much reason to trust someone. At base, he didn't really like this kind of stuff. It required doing the exact things he was not into. Telling stuff to people he barely knew. He typically did not seek such methods. He wasn't all about relying on others anyway.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed May 10, 2017 8:17 pm

"That is true, but it can also have the opposite effect especially when the equations is not quite working as is," the demon would respond back calmly enough, not really trying to make an argument out of it. It was honestly something he could not stand firm on either side of the fence with, he wanted to believe the extra help could well do exactly that help, but at the same time he wasn't overly optimistic about it either. He was kind of in the boat of "let's try and see" rather than "yes, yes let's do it because it will work" boat. He was actually being quite logical with this approach and was genuinely looking for ways to make whatever this was better. As for that other comment, the demon would smirk lightly at that one.

"Since when do I ever know what I am doing?" he'd ask more as a half-joke than anything else maybe he was trying to lighten the mood though the question still had a valid point. He didn't know what he was doing here, he just knew that even blind he was trying to take a step forward into the a hopefully better direction. "And yeah me and you both." Well at least they seemed to be agreeing on the matter...which perhaps was a sign of something good?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum