Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

Sun and Stars

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sun and Stars

Post by Rika on Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

“I’ll have you know I was holding my own pretty well until I met you. Then I just...kind of broke. Don’t quite get why, but it happened,” the demon would say with a derp face. It was odd. He was good at playing confident and seeming like he had his shit together and if he somehow did slip up he could recover, but with this guy? He couldn’t even pretend. He wonder what made this one so different than the others. Anyway, he wasn’t snapping at the guy or even being whiny. In fact that light smile on his face was showing that he didn’t mean any harm by the words and for the most part took what was said well enough. Even so, he would become serious again as he spoke. “But nah, I understand what you are saying.” He understood it clearly and maybe that is why he was so miserable now with the situation. Like he knew that it wasn’t right, but maybe in the past he was just in denial of the issue and so was able to hide behind it until one day he got tired of dealing with the aftermath of the matter and turned to try to face it...only to find the issue a lot bigger than he thought. That’s what happened when you ran from things like this for so long. Mental monsters aside, the demon would tilt his head at the other. “Mmm. I do and yes we are all different, but...I am not exactly sure if I have anything to use that is positive. I think I mentioned before I am not that impressive and quite boring.” He wasn’t charming, confident like the other. Nor was he the best looking around or even the most graceful. Sure he had a sweet and laid back personality, but what did that matter when it was mostly tainted by fear and other issues? He honestly didn’t know and maybe the thoughts were weighing him down a bit considering he was becoming a bit more quiet as reflected with the next topics.

“Maybe…” he would say in regards to the path topic. Honestly there was no way to win that because neither of them was wrong. On one hand there were other options and ways to tackle a problem, but on the other time wasn’t exactly the best of friends with the living and well sometimes one found themselves stuck on paths that had only one way out. Either way, the demon didn’t push the matter too much since there was nothing to really push after the bulk of that particular conversation went by. “True. Everyone expects those that are grown to walk when in reality some just can’t.” Not in a literal sense of course, but sometimes people had legit issues and needed help, but never received the support or aided needed to even get close to the path of healing. Sad...and a thought that helped none with his current mode. Even so, the demon tried to push it away letting his silence and slightly down air linger for a bit before pushing it elsewhere and focusing on food? Well he tried to focus on food. Though the other sure did know how to burst his bubble didn’t he?

Even so the demon would place a hand on his chest as if he were in pain as he gave the other a look of mock distress. “Oh how you wound us with your coldness and disregard for the beauty that is the beignet.” Silly yes, but he could at least try to lighten the mood after all that depressing talk he kind of brought up without meaning to. Regardless of that though, the demon would eventually settle as he raised an eyebrow at the other shaking his head with an amused smirk. “Heh. It is wonder we managed to agree on pizza if you’re this picky about things.” Not that he minded of course. He just found the matter amusing. That aside though at least the other didn’t fuss about the demon letting him enter the cafe first.

When Sharaku entered, he find himself in a semi-large square area full of chairs and tables. To the right side of the place was the counter where a handful of people wandered about to place their order or gather in small groups to look at the menus or the treats behind the display. The atmosphere was quiet and tranquil, a place designed to put even the most weary at ease...
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 25, 2017 6:05 pm

He would snort. ‘’I don’t take bullshit. Maybe that’s why. And you were probably just lucky to meet people who ate whatever you gave them until now. Besides, it can take some time to see things for what they are, so if you aren’t going around making close friends and such, it stands to reason that nearly no one happens to notice.’’ Most people needed to at least have the chance to make a better impression of someone before they could see more than the surface view. The demon didn’t really seek people to get really close with normally, did he now? It’s much easier to convince occasional acquaintances, sans a rare exception who is good at reading others. Anyhow…’’Is that so? And who gave you written proof of that? If you choose to think of yourself in negatives, of course it will seem to you like you don’t have anything positive. Everyone is capable of something good after all.’’ And holding yourself back by your own low opinion of self doesn’t really help the case. You’ll just keep sinking yourself right back down even when something good happens for once.

When it came to the next exchanges, which were kind of dying at that point, he would shrug lightly. ‘’That’s life for you though. Everyone expects the base standard. We’re not mind readers, and thus no one can just see into your head and know you for some reason cannot do what most normal people should. It’s hard to prove as well, even when put out there.’’ Many didn’t even believe in problems that could not physically be seen. They’d just call you irresponsible, lazy, a wimp and so on, depending on how you came off. In the end, the only thing that could be done was accepting that fact and walking in the direction where it was best for the moment. The more you let unfairness bog you down, the harder for you, no?

Whatever happened with that though, moving onto food for now. ‘’My bad. I don’t worship food though.’’, he would shake his head in mild amusement. Good or not, he wasn’t the one to sing odes about a food item. He’d leave that to some other enthusiasts. When the other commented on agreements and pizza, he would actually laugh slightly. ‘’That’s just you being hopeless at reading me. I disagree with a lot of things, but I don’t place a heavy value on something as simple as that most of the time.’’ Maybe some moral decisions and obviously heavy stuff, he would. But when it came to simple things such as food or random activities? Eh, he might say no out of habit or the like, but that was just him being himself, really. He wasn’t overly interested in most things at base, so sometimes he didn’t see a need to be all aboard just because.

‘’Hmmm. Well, I think I’ll leave the management to you for now. I don’t know this place.’’ The other probably did since he led them here, right?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 25, 2017 8:44 pm

The demon would hum lightly at this one as he looked down a bit. “Perhaps so, but I am not sure how lucky that was. I probably could’ve used a good slap in the face a long time ago. Maybe it would forced me to actually see I had this issue versus letting it grow thinking it was okay.” He could motivate himself to do a lot of things, but when it came to fixing himself sometimes he needed an outer force to reflect the truth right at him. Yet somehow he managed to get the nice folk that didn’t see him underneath the act. It had worked up until Sharaku and now? Now it was what it was. He’d make due with it. Anyway...The demon would look up at the other his eyebrows furrowing a bit as his eyes narrowed as he scanned the other. “I don’t think there needs to be proof of that. I mean doesn’t what you’ve experienced up until this point show I am not exactly something positive or with any redeeming factors? I just..can’t see myself in a positive light with how messed up I am, so I honestly don’t see how I have anything that can be used in a positive way….” He didn’t get it. How could the other be so sure he had something within him good when even he couldn’t see that himself? The demon would look away sighing a bit. “Sorry...We are suppose to be having fun and yet I am raining on the parade aren’t I?” He would shake his conflicted by various things within. He didn’t want to be a Debby Downer, but he didn’t know what else to do or say at the moment. He wasn’t exactly the most positive person on the earth, so trying to undo that alone was going to be a major task. Even so...he didn’t want to weigh the other down with his shit. He just… The demon would shake his head again, trying to clear it of the negativity that was plaguing him, but it stuck to him like some damn grease on a pan. It sucked honestly….

That mess aside, other conversation was crumbling into silence, but at least they weren’t as heavy as what had came before it. “Yeah. It leaves the ones that can’t prove through physical means struggling, but I guess we either sink or swim we fall in that boat.” He choose to try to swim though some days he was tired and felt like he was drowning. Even if one choose to fight it was harder some days than other especially when one had no support. He knew that all to well since he lived that path daily. Moving from that though food time.

The demon would grin at the other. “Oh no? What a sad day. It looks like I am going to have to convert you into a follower of the Food Goddess then,” he would say sticking his tongue out at the other lightly, his playful air slight pushing through his meh mood. Things seemed to improve though the other actually laughing at his comment about pizza. To what was said the demon would rub the back of his head as he gave a sheepish grin to the other. “Well you keep changing so I can’t figure it out all the time.” It was a tease versus a complaint. While it was true the demon did have a hard time reading the other, he figured in time and with practice maybe he’d get a handle on that one day. He’d have to wait and see.

In any case as they entered the area, the demon would look around the place taking note of empty seats, but not exactly going for them. The seats they needed were outside anyway and thanks to this place not being packed yet, they should find some nice ones, but before that….

The demon would look over at the other with his usual lopsided smile. “Well you can always explore if you wanted you know?” the demon would tease lightly as his red eyes glanced around and then becoming slightly more serious. “Hang on a tick.” He would drift to the counter to get a menu the people near the counter eyeing him or giving him a friendly smile which he returned easily enough with a nod or soft hi. If one didn’t know about his issues, one could easily believe the guy was a social butterfly or at least comfortable in a crowd. He played the part that well. He would retrieve the menu easily enough and return to Sharaku.

“Alright here ya go,” he would hold the menu out to the other if he wanted it. “We can make an order inside and when it is ready they’ll bring it to the table.”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Well now, that conversation was getting a bit complicated, wasn’t it? At first, he would opt to stay silent, not wanting to drag out every little detail out into oblivion. Besides, he needed to think about his answers a bit as well. There was no point in talking just to talk. Not in this case. He would however speak up eventually, in regards to the whole negative view of self matter. ‘’That’s where you are wrong though. You talk about this and that showing, but how things are seen is based on one’s perspective anyway. Are you seriously going to reason it by putting your views in my mouth like that? You know, positivity starts with you. Keep blabbing about how much you suck, and people will eventually take it and not even bother trying to see good in you anymore. Everyone has some tolerance limit there. Hating on yourself by default won’t solve anything. You’re the one making yourself out to be trash. If you want someone to ever see you differently, don’t you think this is not what you should be spoon-feeding them? You want our dating to work out and all, but then try proving to me that you aren't really worth much? You've got it kinda backwards don't you think? Besides, I can’t prove you wrong about anything unless you’re willing to believe it yourself first.’’, he would shake his head with a frown. Seriously though…what was the point of him stating anything if the other was always going to try countering with ‘oh no no, look, I definitely suck, see???’ or such. There’s only so much fighting that can be done against a wall. The other had to want to believe in himself first…otherwise nothing was going to really improve there. Well, that was as much as he had on his mind for the moment. Moving on.

…all the way to the food talk apparently, since he wouldn’t do much else to the swim comment besides acknowledging it. There was no need to keep beating that bush for the moment. He would raise an eyebrow as he gave the guy a pointed look. ‘’Make me.’’ He was so not converting to anything just because after all. He wasn’t an easy one to bend in most situations. He would snort at the following comment. ‘’I’m always the same. There’s just layers.’’ It wasn’t like he had several personalities or something. The perceived changes were mostly a result of complexity, but weren’t all humans/demons or any being of higher intelligence complex to begin with?

‘’….I’m just fine where I am.’’ There was no need to explore something as simple as a coffee shop, now was there? That aside, unlike the other, he typically didn’t even bother trying to look social. Yes, were it really necessary, he could play up the charm for a while, but it was rare of him to choose that route. Frankly, he didn’t get it anyway. Was here really any reason to greet random people around the counter? Because he generally did not see a point in addressing strangers unless there was something meaningful to be said. While he was not uncomfortable in a crowd in general (assuming it wasn’t an exception for whatever reason), he was not the one to play sweet with everyone if they so much as looked at him. Got nothing important enough to say? Don’t bother me. That’s what he’d say at least. In any case, he would accept the menu when the demon came back, flipping through it with a faint hum.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 pm

The demon would hear him alright, but found it hard to find any counter to his logic. His mouth would open as if he was about to protest, but then the demon would promptly shut again as he looked off to the side not hiding that he was moody one bit; however, he didn’t snap at the other or try to counter him like he usually did, so maybe what the guy had said actually got through and hit something within that mess that was the internal workings of the demon. It took him a moment, but he would eventually speak. “No...I suppose that is not the right path….feeding others the negativity I have towards myself. And maybe it is not so much I got things backwards, but rather I didn’t consider how all this could play out. I don’t usually express these things to people...for obvious reasons. I don’t want the beating from the public too, so I have my walls I try to hide behind...But you....? You see through the walls and somehow are the first in a long time to actually get me to state things like this and admit….I don’t care too much for myself or have that much faith in me. Its hard to do when so many things are stacked against me and every time I think of trying to climb the mountain there, I just think about how far I will slid back down if I try. It’s stupid...cause I know all I have to do is walk, but….” The demon would shake his head and trail off unable to find the right words for that one. He wanted to be better. Wanted whatever this was to work out between himself and the other, but how could he if it was so difficult to walk? The demon would eventually sigh. “I am...a walking contradiction flipping and flopping because I know what I want. I can state it out loud and kind of convince myself I can do it, but then when actually faced with doing I just end up like this. A ton of negativity probably not very desirable to be around. You spoke of tolerance limits earlier, so it makes me wonder about the limits for you, but ultimately myself….I dun wanna break either of us, but as it is now? I have no idea if I won’t even if my intentions are not to do so…”

The demon would smile sadly at that one as he ran his hands through his hair with a light groan. “Just bury me already and save us all some headaches.” His issues were complex and hard to define. He shouldn’t be babbling the other’s ear with this stuff. He had no right to and honestly he wouldn’t blame the other for simply turning away and leaving. The other already was skeptical about the matter no and this was probably helping none, but what could the demon do? He had no where to run and since he was pretty serious about both his own issue and the dating matter, he saw no need to hide the ugly truth from the other….so he would let it play out as it would for better for or for worst.  

Hold the Coffee and Sweets Please:
Yeah just hang onto that bottom part for a bit until this blows over.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 am

Eh? He would raise an eyebrow briefly. ‘’You didn’t consider….it makes me wonder what were you hoping for. To happily keep dating me and never have to really tell me the truth about you or what?’’, he would shake his head slightly at that. ‘’In any case…why? You’re not that different from anyone else. Everyone is a liar in their own way. You won’t find anyone who is always honest about themselves. People put on faces so they don’t have to deal with unpleasant stuff daily. Can’t take anyone at face value, to be honest. Perhaps I’m just used to ignoring people’s attempts at playing games. Anyway, point is, many people face shit and stuff in their lives. If they can believe in themselves and do it, couldn’t you? It isn’t like you’re below everyone else or something. You need to turn around your thinking. Everyone can fail. If we never moved when there was a chance of us tripping and sliding back…we’d be at the starting point forever for no reason. Why not think about how far you could possibly get if you go? At least try to motivate yourself rather than flat out giving up and raining on yourself from the get go. That’s technically how you fail, rather than by trying as you seem to think.’’ If you can’t even think about succeeding, how are you going to go and actually accomplish it? By pushing against yourself with your own mind, you’re basically stacking the biggest obstacles before yourself. He’d say that the ‘many things’ wasn’t as much of a mountain, as the guy’s own perceived shortcomings of his were.

Hmmm. He would look up at the sky with a frown, thinking. ‘’I don’t just break that easily. Though, I will admit I am not the one to keep trying to fill a bucket with a hole forever either. You’ll have to stand up and face yourself sooner or later. You dropped this one on yourself by jumping into dating with that kind of mindset.’’ He still didn’t get what the guy expected there. To always hide everything and play it cool? That wouldn’t work forever. Not if one is truly trying to be close with someone. And it can’t be expected for things to just work out magically with this on hand either. ‘’And I refuse. You’re not making me do anything like that.’’ Unless the other wanted a punch across the face or something, which he may even be willing to do at this point. Perhaps having a serious threat looming over his head would get the guy to actually move instead of wiggling about.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 am

The demon would actually give a faint smile at the question. “I do admit I underestimated you in a lot of ways. While I was indeed dead serious about my question. I didn’t think you’d say yes and afterwards I didn’t think you’d be such a challenge to conquer.” Not bad mind you, but say that the other hadn’t taken him off guard by being everything that was not typical of humans was an understatement. Granted all humans were diverse, but also easy to deal with, but this one? Finding a counter or right path with this one was a bit on the trickier side. It was hard and yet….”Why? Because I was automatically drawn towards you and even after finding out that this was going to be a bit of a struggle, I stayed because unlike others you make me work for what I want and are just different in a way that I cannot explain.” Perhaps he was a glutton for pain. Anyway...the demon would sigh this time to just get rid of some of the heaviness out of him more so than negative reaction to what was said. “Turn my thinking around, huh?” He would think on that for a moment before nodding lightly. “I suppose I could give it a try and who knows maybe it will serve me well….I can’t say right now.” Well at least he wasn’t fighting the idea too much, but still he wondered what good would come out of it. Guess he wouldn’t know until trying….Trying…..”You speak of looking at the progress made when trying to go forward, but what if all the tries result in failure? What then?” the demon would ask as he continued to mull over the situation still a bit moody, but at least not wigging out. Though the next comment did get the demon glaring at the other for a few seconds as the ugly truth was tossed in his face. He hated it and yet….He would shake his head as he looked away with a displeased frown. “I…” he hesitated, but forced himself to continue to admit the truth. “I know...and it isn’t your job to save me either…I shouldn’t be weighing you down with this stuff….I just...find it easy to speak to you about it, even if it probably isn’t the best idea.” The demon would trail off there as he fell into a silent war between his want to be honest and fine with sharing this sort of stuff with someone and the guilt of actually doing it. He was sure the other did not ask him out for this to occur. It was suppose to be happy and while things seemed to start okay there always seemed to be a time of sadness or stress for them. Why was that….and was it even a good thing? Another question he could not answer only adding onto his frustration at himself, so much so that he made his comment about being buried. As for the response back….The demon would smile a rather empty smile as he snorted. “Alright then. I suppose I will have to figure out how to do that myself.” A hint of bitterness was there, but not directed towards the other. Had the demon expected things to be easy? But on the other hand he didn’t expect the path to lead them this deep into the ugly mess that surrounded him either. The feeling it left behind was troublesome alright and while the demon hated it, he couldn’t exactly face it either...Was he trying to run and not realize it then?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 10:56 am

Oooookay. ‘’So you just assumed I’d be an easy target? I’m not sure how to feel about that.’’ Well, he definitely wasn’t. He wasn’t one to walk where someone pointed just because they did. Not unless they’ve already proved they’re trustworthy enough for him to not need to question their choices. After all, you gotta work for what you get. There’s only so much that can be extended for free without someone getting burned by being too careless and unguarded. One way or another, he just didn’t bow easily. He did have his moments at times, but despite that, he’d still bite hard when it was deemed necessary. He would snort faintly. ‘’Well, good for you, isn’t it? Though, a relationship is give and take. What do I get from you then?’’ Not that he was trying to complain, but he was at the very least curious. What did the guy think he was going to bring into the relationship when he kept thinking of himself in negatives all the time? Hmmm. ‘’…weren’t you the one to advocate flexibility and trying different paths a while ago? The tools are always reachable. You just need to find the right way. If a couple of failures stop you, then maybe you need to work on your determination.’’ ‘All’ is too harsh of a word. There’s always something that works out, even if it takes facing down a few trip ups first. No one is dumb and incompetent enough to never be able to do something. Hopefully so, at least.

In any case, he would face the glare with a somewhat passive look. He wasn’t about to let that provoke him right now. That would be a bad thing anyway. ‘’No it is not my job. You have that right. Although, what is it that you want to do? If you really believe that the better path is to hide under your bed and not show your face for what it is, then you could just turn around and leave, you know? That’s not how you get close to someone and keep them. Yes, you aren’t in a good spot thanks to your choice of going into dating headfirst before you were at least on the way to get better, but is hiding any better? I’d say that’s how you could lose everything. It’s much worse when one discovers they’ve been lied to the whole time after things have gone far already. Pretty sure you’d be pretty upset yourself if someone kept deceiving you for a good chunk of time.’’ You have to pick. Don’t wanna tell? Then maybe you don’t want to be chasing a close relationship. Those two don’t mesh well together in a long run.

‘’…do you want me to clock you in the face? Because I will gladly do that if you keep on with this self-beating mumbo-jumbo like a broken record where it isn't necessary.’’ He seemingly said that with quite a straight face, so it could be assumed he was serious about being willing to do that if the other let it get to that point. He would sort of prefer not to take drastic measures, but he could handle a diplomatic approach only for so long. After all, the demon was correct in saying that he was no easy challenge.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 3:48 pm

“Just a little. I expected some friction, but nothing like this.” He expected the typical friction that any relationship had, but to have it explode like it had right out the gate? That he did not expect. This path was definitely unexpected that was for sure, but he did what he could with what he had….Though when dark matters came into the picture things never seemed like they would go well. Just kind of like now….What did he get from being with him? The demon would open his mouth as if he was going to speak, but then he’d shut it again as he shook his head, the hand furthest away from the other balling a bit as he held back some form of emotion. “I...don’t have an answer for that.” He was honest about it at least. As much as he hated to admit it, he had nothing to offer the guy to convince him this was good or not. The other would just have to evaluate him and decide for himself if this was good or not. As for that tool talk. “Determination...right…” the demon would say clearly a bit bummed out at that one. He didn’t get what it was that made it so hard to do this. Why every time he tried to fight back, he ended up failing and having a hard getting up again. His only issues on top of the situation as a whole made the demon wonder alot of things and made him worry about what he was going to lose if he couldn’t get his shit together. It was just a mess….and one that only depressed and made the demon more moody as they continued.

While the demon had glared at the other the passive look back and the words spoken only made his blood boil because...he knew the other was right….”No lying and hiding aren’t good, but being out in the open isn’t very pleasant either. Forgive me for not flipping around very quickly or perking up, but I just can’t. Not like this,” he would say and then becoming even more depressed he would continue. “Perhaps you are right maybe asking you out was a mistake. Maybe i thought i had a chance and really didn’t…” Maybe he would’ve been better off not asking, staying in his box. Never trying. But if he did that then...Grrr...this was hell. Why? Why was he like this every time something good came his way? He wanted to scream and hit something. His mood was bad...so maybe that is why despite trying to keep his cool, he just couldn’t. So when the other made his last statement, the eyes would flash a bit with anger.

“Isn’t that what broken records are good for though? Smashing?” he would ask with one of the most bitter grins he had given yet. He was frustrated alright at himself and the things he did, the pain he was causing the other for no good reason, but he couldn’t stop himself from lashing out at something. Bad and not helping matters? Probably, but at the moment the bitter demon didn’t think too much about that as he slipped up and let his anger and frustration get the better of him.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Well, looks like a lot of the conversation was suddenly dying out. Not that he minded it though. It was easier to weave through it all when there weren’t too many points to address one after another. That said, he would offer no further responses to the first few simple statements from the other, simply contemplating what had been said to himself.

‘’That’s what you keep saying about a lot of things. That you can’t. Is that really true though? You’ll never have much of a chance if you write yourself off. Besides, it’s not like dating relies only on chance. Most of the important work lies on the people involved.’’ It’s great to believe indeed, but too much idealism is not the best either. Or whatever that even really was. One way or another, the guy would have to face himself in a level-headed manner, rather than just getting depressed and negative over everything. How can you progress if you don’t even allow yourself to see the potential good in anything?

Speaking of negatives…he would cross his arms over his chest at the biting remark, keeping a somewhat nonchalant stance towards the matter. ‘’Sure, in your head, maybe.’’ He would raise an eyebrow. ‘’Are you trying to make me actually hit you?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 4:41 pm

The silence to the short comments wasn't something that harmed nor helped the situation. Perhaps those points of the conversation didn't need further examination for now. At least not by the other with him. Rika did need to examine what was said further, but....in his current condition he couldn't see past the black sea that was dragging him under.

He would look up at the other moodily as he spoke. "Well I don't see myself making any progress no matter how much we visit this shit, so I would think that is a firm enough proof to the truth," he would say moodily before letting out a cold chuckle. "It does rely on both parties, but I find it pretty sad that you ended up with us. A dead weight that isn't really good for nothing more than ruining the mood." How did one progress when one couldn't even see the path because of the fog there? Did they step blindly or what? The demon didn't know and wouldn't be able to figure it out in his current mood. To that question though...

"Considering I am barely phasing you, I guess I fail at that simple task too...." The demon would mutter as he looked off the side steaming over internal things...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 5:08 pm

‘’I’m not about to buy that, Mr. biased.’’, he would shake his head with a sigh. ‘’Honestly, the saddest thing here is your attitude towards it all. Do you even listen to yourself?’’ It was getting kind of tiring at this point. It technically mattered not what he said. The guy would just find a way to turn it into reasoning for how lame he was.

He would roll his eyes. ‘’You’re about as convincing as a rock. I don’t even understand what you want. One moment you claim you want stuff to work out, and another you go above and beyond to prove I should just tell you to fuck off. Which I obviously can’t do, because I would only prove your bullshit assumptions by it. Not doing that doesn’t seem to hold any weight either though. I’ll admit you are starting to get on my nerves with that, if nothing else. I could very well hit you, but there’s not point if it’ll only lead to more depression from you seeing as pretty much anything does, or is there?’’ What was he supposed to do?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 5:24 pm

"It is not being basis when its the damn truth of the matter. And what would listening to myself do? It's not like it is suddenly going to change things..." Yeah he was going off the deep end at this point, but honestly the demon didn't see it. Couldn't see it when he was wound up like this...and in turn made errors and snapped at anything said.

"A rock you say. I bet the rock could do a better job at doing alot of things versus me. You could decorate and take with you places and not have to worry about it bringing shit clouds with it. I think most would be a lot happier with a rock than me. As for what I want, I liked like nothing more than to toss this shit away and ever have to deal with it again, but it sticks white on rice and well here you are left with an undesirable good. As for grating your nerves...well I seem to be very good at that, so perhaps I should celebrate a bit over that no?" His words were sarcastic and bitter, his mind in a place so dark that he could not see the light. "As for telling me to fuck off or hitting me. It might just be in your best interest because either way you don't have to deal with this anymore. It very simple really and honestly if you're trying to prove me wrong by staying then it you'll find yourself sorely disappointed. There is no saving things such as us...." Did he mean what he said? Probably not, but in the mood he was in it was no telling what his mind was doing to him at this point.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

‘’……….’’

This was no use, eh? Sure, he could try to talk his way out of this, and he certainly could, but was there any point in doing so? He could debate nearly forever, but he didn’t particularly enjoy ones that weren’t going anywhere. Well fine, the other could just get what he was asking for. Maybe that would clear his mind about the matter. He wasn’t going to be someone’s ‘throw shit at’ wall without any consequences after all. Listen to stuff a bit? Yes. Out of line crap like this? No, not really. He knew when enough was enough, and this did not need to continue any longer. He wasn’t necessarily angry or such, but he still had certain boundaries on things even when calm.

‘’I have an idea about what you should do right now.’’

He would step towards the other without warning (or turn to or whatever. I forgot how exactly are they standing besides being fairly close together), and attempt to right hook the guy in the side of his face. Not a light blow, but also not hard enough to cause very unpleasant damage. It would certainly hurt quite a bit if it connected though.

‘’You can zip it already and take some cooldown.’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 9:19 pm

The demon would mope in the silence that came between them, feeling a variety emotions flip and flop within him. Depression, self-hate, guilt, anger...all of them were there creating this ugly stew that made him feel a bit sick at the moment as the dark sea raged on within. When the other finally did speak the demon would look up over at him...only to be greeted by a fist to cheek. Not exactly expecting that, the hard knock would indeed stop the demon in his tracks as pain radiated from the spot where he was hit.

“What the fuck…?” he muttered as he raised a hand to his cheek and touched it gingerly. It stung a lot and at first the demon looked at the other with distress, unable to believe the guy actually struck him; however, that look would last for only a second before the demon bared his teeth slightly at the other as pure rage flooded him.

“You…” He practically growled the word as he surprisingly attempted to counter as he moved towards the other attempting to grab him and drive him back towards the wall and alley both to get them out of the trafficking folk and also to try and pin him against said wall….
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Well, he wouldn't protest the moves for the time being. It didn't really inconvenience him that much. The other was smaller then him, and unless the guy managed to pin both his arms, he still had plenty of options. And if the other did somehow? Well, then both of them would have hands full anyway. Whichever, he wasn't too worried. He would just snort, giving the demon a somewhat amused stare. ''Don't act too surprised. You were the one asking me to actually hit you. I decided I might as well give you the pleasure. There's no talking with you anyway.'' Pfft. Too late to be mad now, dear. The guy brought it on himself. There was no point in trying to reason, and on top of that, he was being egged on to do stuff. It wasn't his problem at that point.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Well he didn’t get resistance as he pushed back and manage to at least get the other against the wall, his hands moving from his shirt (which he had grabbed to push him back to begin with) to the arms as he tried to grab the other in such a way that both arms would pinned to his side. His hands would go for the wrist area as he tried to use his own weight and the wall to kind of sandwich and pin the guy there. Yes he was small, but he wasn’t exactly weak in the physical department either. He showed that he could easily pick up the guy if he wanted too and in turn his shove had not been the gentleness. Even now his weight and some of his strength could be felt, but it seemed the demon might’ve been holding back a bit considering the pressure was just enough to be uncomfortable vs. painful. Though why the demon would do such a thing was questionable. Fail or not, he would respond to the words with a growl.

“And you think by granting my every little wish that things will get better?” he would growl not amused at all like the other was. Yes he had asked for it all right, but did he expect the other to act upon it. Not really, but now that he did he would just have to contend with the demon until he cooled off.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Hmm. He could have tried to move out of the way and all, since it wasn't hard to guess what the other might want to go for in such a situation, but he honestly wasn't too concerned. He had his ways in case he truly needed to get himself free and move away. He wasn't trying to be too hasty anyway. It wasn't necessary unless this somehow became a serious problem. He would hum under his breath, not fazed by the demon's anger spikes. ''You say that as if what I think really seems to matter to you. You were the one ranting over and over about how nothing makes things better, weren't you? In which case, I can just do whatever I want, no? It's all the same to you. Who do you take me for anyway?'' He wasn't some random fool. That aside, while he wasn't trying to force his way out at the moment, he would still test his situation at least. Assuming the other was leaning and pushing against him in general, the guy had to be exerting the force directly forwards in the direction of the wall. Therefore, he would have a hard time stopping movement that didn't try to go directly in the opposite direction, right? Well, as much as brute strength wasn't his strongest point, it couldn't be said he was weak either. Compared to a normal person at least. So, instead of pushing back against the guy, he would try to jerk his arms to the sides, just moving them alongside the wall, more or less. Whether it had an effect or not, he was fine either way. He was only trying to maybe catch the guy off guard and unbalance him by making him pretty much have to spread his arms, assuming the demon kept holding onto his wrists still.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Well while the other was keeping his cool, the demon most certainly wasn't and perhaps due to that and a bit of pain, the demon was seeing a bit clearer. He most certainly wasn't speaking in depressed tones.

"I never said what you said didn't matter to me and yes I was ranting over that, but that does not give you the right to just do whatever and act like just because I was doing that I am nothing more than a waste of time or that you know what matters and doesn't matter to me," the demon would say still steaming. He didn't get how this guy could be so damn calm or amused by this matter. It just wasn't right and it unnerved him a way that only agitated him more.

Even so, he didn't seem to answer the last question because honestly, he wasn't sure what to think of the other at the moment. he was just that pissed. And when the other began moving his arms, the demon was caught off guard slightly, but before the other could get them too high he'd find resistance against his arms as the demon kept himself rooted to the ground in his stance. He was trying to pull the arms down back to the other's side.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 pm

''So, you have the right take my words and turn them into whatever suits your bad mood the most instead of what they really mean, but me pointing something out is assuming things about you? You kept hearing what you wanted to, so enlighten me how that correlates to you truly caring about what I said. At least don't be a hypocrite if you want to complain now. And as far as I recall, you're not my boss anyway, so I can technically do whatever I want to. Oh wait, that means I think you're a waste of time for some reason? Who's really the one that keeps thinking they know what's up?'', he would snort, not quite impressed. If the other wanted to spit at him and have a war, he was just fine with that. He wasn't going to lay down and concede easily though.

As for the physical side of things...nope, still fine with whatever. He was just testing with what he did previously anyhow. It wasn't like he was scared of the guy. ''You know, I love the wall dearly and all, but is there any specific reason why are you trying to push me into making out with it?'' He was definitely jesting and all, but to be serious for a second, did the guy plan to just keep smooshing him there?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 pm

"Shut it..." the demon growled lowly unable to find anything to counter that. He knew what the other said was true, but he was much to angry to back down now. He would not let this one run over him. What had been said. What had happpened...he hadn't been lying about needing help or even caring for what the other said. He honestly did, but did not know how to actually say it or submit to the facts. He had fought them so long with negativity it was a heavy habit to break and now this was happening...

With unclear paths ahead, the only sure thing was the more the other kept his cool and poked at him, the anger the demon became. And that poke...well needless to say, the demon did not take well to it at all.

"You find this funny!" he'd snap in low dangerous tones before he released one of the guy's wrist and without warning reared his left fist back before letting it fly right for the guy's nose. Pretty face or not, he just wanted to crush the thing he felt was mocking him at the moment. Making him out to be a fool....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat May 27, 2017 12:08 am

''Threats aren't going to work on me.'' That, and they just proved that he was more or less right there. Assuming that meant something though, since he honestly didn't know about that at times when it came to the guy. In the end, even if he won here, it would probably not earn him some great award or whatever. He wasn't necessarily expecting a whole lot to come out of this.

Speaking of threats....ouch? Well, he had been aware that the demon could choose to lash out at him at any time, and he had certainly been watching what was going on. Technically, he could have at least made sure the blow would land where it hurt less or so, even though he couldn't really avoid (well, if he had tried hard enough, maybe he could have ducked down enough to make the guy punch the wall, but that was purely just a speculation since there wasn't a lot of time to pull something off), but well, he didn't care that much. If he wanted this to not be happening so badly, he would have made more of an effort to drive the guy away earlier.

Thus, he wouldn't actually move and just take the hit. It did hurt alright, but he paid it little mind. It was hardly much of an issue. He had dealt with way worse before, so a bit of pain did not bother him much. He would however at least tilt his head forward a bit afterwards instead of keeping it straight up, since he definitely did not want blood dripping on his white shirt. Now that would have been annoying. A lot more than the punch itself, to be honest.

''Take it however you will. I can only say that I can't be bothered to be angry at the very least.''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat May 27, 2017 11:15 am

The simple comment got a growl from the demon, his agitation and rage high. The fact that the guy remained so calm about it seem to take this so lightly only stoked the flames within. He felt as if the other mocked him, laughed at him for being such a mess. He hated the feeling and wanted it to end so he took it out on the very thing that caused him to feel such a way.

He took a swing at the guy and when it contacted something snapped in the demon as he released the other and stepped back as he leaned forward, his nose now bleeding from the strike. While the demon was still steaming, he was surprisingly more calm than before as he watched the other.

"I think we can both agree my judgement isn't very sound...nor my actions right," he would begin, but he didn't seem to be belittling himself like before. He was just stating facts, his tone calm as he shifted his weight to the left. He would reach into his pocket and pull out a handkerchief before moving slightly to hold it out for the other. ".....Why didn't you dodge?"

Last edited by Rika on Sat May 27, 2017 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat May 27, 2017 11:37 am

Hmmmm? He would blink at the other now that he was suddenly free, although make no attempt to move away from the wall just yet. ''I both agree and disagree with that. Does that really matter at this point though?'' Agreeing or not...well, that was not about to change reality. That said, he would watch the other silently for a while, seemingly contemplating something before deciding to take the offered item, just pressing it against his nose for the time being. ''It's not exactly within my power to teleport away. That aside, I figured I wouldn't accomplish much by doing so. What would you have done, had I tried fighting you?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat May 27, 2017 11:48 am

The demon would shake his head at the question. "Perhaps not," he would state his voice calm and the earlier anger from earlier seeming to unexpectedly become extinguish. despite the calm, the demon was in nor shape or form happy with what had happened. He didn't want to hurt the other...and yet he had in that moment. It wasn't pleasant, but at the same time he didn't go apologizing for it trying to gain the other's forgiveness by becoming all weepy and over caring. This time around, he stood firmly in reality simply watching the other and contemplating various matters as he held out the handkerchief. When the other accepted it, the demon would crossed his arms as he heard the response.

"Even so, you could've saved your nose if tried to evade," the demon would say and then tilting his head, he would continued. "I would've continued to try and fight back and probably damage you a whole lot worse than that if you let me."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum