Top posting users this week
Sharaku

Rika

Sun and Stars

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sun and Stars

Post by Rika on Thu May 18, 2017 7:11 am

"I would think so." The demon would nod back. in the end those situation boiled down to many things such as what cause the walk away, how invested the parties really were or how desperate one may be. It was a complex mess making it very hard to define how to exactly read those situations.

That aside, the demon would hum lightly at what was heard next. "Well I am not trying to take it all. I think we all have the right to do that." Yes it was nice to be open with someone and while it was true of the pair the demon had been the most open there were still somethings that he did not tell either and probably wouldn't tell even if poked. Everyone had their secrets after all.

The demon would rub the back of his head as he chuckled lightly at the words said. Though he was not playing around at all when he spoke. "Half-way. Well that is at least something." the demon would say as he glanced at the other his small smile still in place. Well maybe he was missing something, but then again that is exactly why he had questioned the latter part of the comment. As for that response back.

"Oh? Well, it is not like I am about to back away or leave all of a sudden, so I am all ears if you wanna give it whirl."
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 18, 2017 3:37 pm

‘’You do seem to like poking for answers though. Would you be just okay with it if I flat out refused to tell you things?’’ Well, they guy didn’t seem all too happy about being dodged, now did he? In which case, how does one settle situations like this without anyone’s bad mood/feelings popping up due to it? He wasn’t sure which things he wasn’t willing to speak on at all, but one could never know. He usually just wanted some breathing space and a less unsettling setting when it came to this stuff. Most things, he was okay to talk about at least to an extent, albeit not always exactly when the other side demanded him to. Ah well. Nevertheless, even that could cause trouble, as could be seen from what happened a while ago.

He would huff. ‘’Is it? I don’t feel any different now than I do when we don’t happen to be on the same page.’’ Though, maybe that was just because this occurrence was kind of negligible? It could have easily been explained away were they thinking of different things, thus no damage either way. This would be better off happening when they had heavy matters on the table…

In any case, he would scratch his cheek lightly at what happened next. Well…’’I don’t want to kill the mood even further by talking your ears off right now. Besides, I’m not sure how to explain that in one go anyway. I’ll have to think on this…I do have a question in regards to this all though. The talks we had before about rebuilding stuff and planting flowers…what is it that makes you enjoy such activities?’’ Maybe it would be easier to explain this through a constructive conversation? Besides, it was easier to make points understandable if they could be based on how the other side saw the matter. That said, his questions were definitely not random here, so he was trying to get at something at least.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm

“I do like answers and...I’ll admit I can be bit persistent on getting them; however, even if I frown about it or feel disappointed, I am okay with refusals too. “ Refusals were annoying sure, but the demon got over them, even more so when the other side wasn’t budging in their stance not to tell. Maybe what he was not being told wasn’t meant for him to hear or who knows maybe the one holding the information was waiting for another time to tell. There were many possibilities as to why someone wouldn’t share, so the demon typically bounced back from most refusals. There were exception to the rules of course, but that was another story.

Speaking of another story, the demon would sigh lightly as he facepalmed lightly and shook his head. “Way to go with busting mah happy bubble,” the demon would say his voice more playful than upset, but still serious in intent somehow. “And well, I suppose that depends on how one looks at it. On one hand you can say there is no progress, on another you can see it as still a fail; however, I like to try and see it in a positive light so I stand by what I said, it is something even if right now things don’t seem to be doing much.” So the less heavy situation was getting them somewhat aligned. Well that was good no because if they could align on small stuff then maybe doing that with the bigger and heavier things would be a bit easier. Baby steps right?

Anyway…Hm?

The demon would tilt his head when the other mentioned killing the mood by talking his ear off and for a few seconds he looked like he was about to say something in regards to that; however, he stopped as the latter part caught him off guard. To the question, his smile would falter a bit.

“That...has a bit to do with my past….” the demon would say hesitating for a moment before continuing. “I don’t want to go into too much detail, but...what I can tell you is that, those activities are what brought back to life so to speak. I...uh… learned them from the last master if they could called that….Anyway, rebuilding, growing things, art, and spirituality. They are personal things that have carried me through some tough times and helped me walk when I most certainly couldn’t so….” The demon would look off to the side, trying to compose himself a bit before looking back at the other with a weak smile. “I’m not sure if that answers your question. Or helps matters much….”

Goddess please don't let him take this in a negative way. The demon was not trying to be difficult there. He really wasn't...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 18, 2017 5:39 pm

‘’Though, if you frown about it, it’s probably not going to look like you’re okay with it the people in question.’’ It’s easy to mistake intentions or get bad vibes in tenser situations where it kind of mattered more than normally. Not that he was trying to accuse the guy or something though. Just a food for thought statement of sorts, unless the demon decided to turn it into something deeper than that instead.

He would half shrug. ‘’I think I just don’t see it as anything. Neither positive or negative enough to matter greatly. Perhaps neutral would be the word to use? Either way, I guess I’m not the one to celebrate too early. If it does turn out to be a good thing in the longer run, I’ll acknowledge it then.’’ Not that he was against seeing a silver lining, but things were what they were, right? At the moment, it didn’t mean all too much, and he wasn’t going to promote it as more than that just because. Nor was he saying it was a bad thing, really. It was…just there right now.

Moving on to somewhat more serious matters for now though. He would be silent for a while after the other finished speaking, seemingly thinking about something. Eventually, he would shake his head slightly, a contemplative expression on his face still. ‘’It doesn’t really help me…but that wasn’t what I was going after anyway. And well, I was mostly trying to ask in general. I just used the examples I had at hand, that’s all. What about activities that aren’t tied to that…you do like doing more than just those few, right?’’ This wasn’t a bad answer, no, but he was kind of interested in a wider scope, not just a specific narrowed down pool of things like this. Even though this was nice to know too, of course.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 pm

"That is true, but I am not going to be all rainbows and smiles all the time either. I honestly don't like it, so they'll just have to deal with the frown and if they are going to flip over it well....I would hope someone would say something before it was bad because honestly, my frowns aren't always the end of the world even if I may disapprove of something." He didn't like pulling teeth or having people nope him about things, but as curious as he was he wasn't one to poke his nose in a place it just could not go ya know. People business was their business and well if they didn't want to share it oh well...or something like that.

"Neutral huh?" Well you couldn't really fight against that since it was neither good or bad, so there was no stance to take against it. "Well, I can take that point of view too." And so he would. As long as the matter wasn't walking towards a shit slide so to speak the demon was cool with the vague answer and the other's pace of determining things. Moving along though...

The demon would tilt his head not really embarassed or seemingly hurt that the information from before didn't help the situation. Maybe it was because the guy didn't approach in a negative fashion or pick at that the demon was okay with the error or maybe it was something else. Regardless of what it was that kept the demon chilled this round, he would consider the words with a light hum as he looked down at the ground.

"Well..there are many things I like to do. For example, children and helping them. I know it is a lot of work and all and some days it truly is painful to work them, but there is something about the smile at the end of it all that brings a warmth to me and makes me feel at piece and proud in a way that I brought joy someone even if that someone won't remember me. I suppose that same idea can be applied to helping spirits or demons. As for the more solitary things, I can't fully explain it, but when I garden or go fishing I feel a ease and just let myself get carried away with the moment as I become one with everything round and mediate on life and other things. I guess I am happy because each of the tasks remind how lucky I am to be living and being able to do those things."

Well that was indeed a broader answer than before, but would it help?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 18, 2017 7:00 pm

He would snort faintly. ‘’First you said you’re okay with being refused. Now you claim you honestly don’t like it. So which one is it really then?’’ You can’t be both, now can you? This sounded more akin to ‘I don’t like it, but I’ll settle with accepting it since that’s the best option’. Or something like that, at least. Which doesn’t really mean that one is genuinely okay with it all, does it now? Well, unless their definitions of ‘okay’ were different there, which was certainly possible too.

Anyhow, seeing as they more or less came to an agreement/stalemate on the following topic, he wouldn’t make another comment towards that, instead letting it roll down to the main course of events. Speaking of which….well, just the words themselves would probably not legitimately help him anyway, if that was something the other wanted to accomplish. Give something to think about, sure, but to go beyond that, this would have to take a different form. Not to get ahead with things however…He would furrow his brows at the explanation. ‘’….I see…’’ Well, he seemed to be thinking about things for the moment, rather than speaking on the topic further. The other was free to try and initiate something though…
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 pm

"That is not exactly what i meant. Let me put it this way. I am not ok with the idea of not knowing and being blocked. It drives me up the wall, but I do understand I can't always get what I want either, so if i am refused, I respect the other's wishes and leave it alone...if that makes any sense." It was hard to put into the words, but the emotion was kind of both. He was not okay on one hand, but on the other was due to understanding. It was an odd state of being for sure and very difficult to put into words.

Speaking of words....it seemed that words were dying off or not helping in matters? As the other gave him a short response the demon would chuckle softly as he gave the other an apologetic look. "I suppose that wasn't what you were looking for either?" he would ask as he watched the other a bit. Or maybe it was and the other just needed space to think. The demon was uncertain about that though....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 pm

‘’Mmm, so you say.’’ He didn’t want to argue on this anyway. Though, being okay with something and understanding aren’t the same measures. You can do something because you understand its importance, but that doesn’t necessarily change the opinion you have of it deep down. Unless you actually agree with it on top of that, which the guy didn’t seem to since he obviously didn’t approve of being left out of the picture.

Anyhow…he would look up at the sky with a faint frown. ‘’No….That’s not really it. I’m just not really sure what to say….’’ Well, there were always things of course, but he was having a hard time deciding how to respond to this either way.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu May 18, 2017 8:36 pm

"So I do," the demon would say with a light nod. The demon knew what he was trying to say. He had been trying to say, no he was not okay with being blocked out, but understood things and people's rights enough to not pry if someone did wall him for whatever reason. for now though, he'd let it be.

Stepping away from that topic he'd tumble into a different one. One that seemed to kind of be stuck in a way? ... And to be honest, the demon didn't know what to do make it unstuck. Moving a hand to run it through his hair, he would respond back.

"Hmm...Well how about starting with the questions you just posed to me? I am pretty sure those weren't random, so what was that about?" Maybe starting from there could help lead to somewhere else? Well he was trying to help at least.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Right, the questions...''I was just trying to understand....'', he would trail off there with a sigh. That wasn't going to work. He would most likely just confuse the other more than he had already been doing up until now. Or at least he supposed he was causing some confusion by what he was doing. It wouldn't really surprise him. ''Though I can't really answer that without...'' He seemed to be more or less talking to himself there for a short bit before just shaking his head as he glanced over at the guy. ''I guess I don't really have much choice but to try and explain now. I suppose you're up for some listening?'' Well, there wasn't really another way to tackle this as far as he was concerned, but might as well make sure things were in order first...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 am

Trying to understand? Understand what and why? The demon was indeed becoming confused because despite answering the questions the guy was still not giving him a straight answer as to what was on his mind. Did this make the demon mad? Not really, but he did have to wonder what was on the guy's mind. What made him not say it or warn at least twice that he didn't want to rain on this otherwise good day?

It was indeed a confusing and curious thing that had the demon tilting his head at the other as he heard him speaking to himself and then when the other looked over at him and posed his question, the demon would blink.

"Well yeah. You wanna find some place to sit for this or should we keep walking?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 19, 2017 8:47 am

Hm?

''I have no idea. I'll deal either way. You can pick if you want.''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 8:49 am

"Well then let's keep walking a bit....What's up?" the demon would look up at the other curious as to what he had to say.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 am

‘’If you say so…’’ It wasn’t like it really mattered to him anyway. Talking wasn’t much different whether he was sitting or walking. Theoretically speaking.

‘’Anyway…’’, he would sigh, still not quite decided on how he even wanted to approach this, ‘’What I was going to say was that I’m trying to understand what is it that makes people enjoy doing things. I’m sure you’ve noticed I don’t seem to catch onto pretty much anything you happen to speak of. I guess I must be making it pretty tough for you to have any conversation with me.’’, he would snort faintly. Well, at least he didn’t seem to be getting too depressed over the matter. ‘’I think…you may be right about something you mentioned before though. The past sure seems to influence how we view certain things later on. You see, my parents were always a bit too work and success oriented. They always made me do things they thought were the most useful for the future. I don’t think I ever really got to do stuff simply because I wanted to.’’ He would shake his head with a frown. ‘’I remember one time…I found a most likely abandoned kitten outside, and I wanted to take care of it because it looked to be in a pretty bad shape…I just got yelled at. Something about us not needing a pet and it just being a waste of money for no reason. Well, more or less. I don’t remember exactly. I think you can get the point though.’’ That should be clear enough, right? ‘’I used to hate doing just about anything back in the day, thanks to all that. Nowadays, I think I just have a really hard time getting interested in anything. Maybe I’m just too emotionally numb or something…’’, he would trail off for a short bit, furrowing his brows slightly.

‘’So anyhow…you were asking before about what I meant by ‘seems like it’ when it came to points of view, yes? I’d put it this way…I sort of do have an opinion, but I can’t really say I always like what I end up saying. I know when something isn’t okay. Speaking of which, I just end up feeling bad for more or less shooting down anything you say because I don’t have anything good to say. That’s the main reason why I didn’t really want to talk anymore. I don’t want to make it seem even worse, and I’m sure it already comes off as if you couldn’t come up with anything interesting enough for me.’’ He didn’t want the guy to feel bad about it all the time or think he was failing just because of his own mistakes or such. He would hum faintly. ‘’Though…say, what do you think about me as a person..?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 12:55 pm

The demon would hear what the other said, keeping quiet as he let the other say what he wanted to say before actually speaking...or so that is what he thought he would do, but it seemed his body did something else as something akin to instinct took over him. He found himself unconsciously leaning upon the other as if he were trying to hug him though they were walking. Even so, the demon didn’t seem uncomfortable with this as they continued to move.

“It is...a challenge at times to figure out what to say to you, but even so once we do get a ball rolling, you seem perfectly fine when nothing comes up to block the flow of things. I don’t think you’re that bad at conversations at all. The approach is just different than some is all,” the demon would say his tone gentle as he continued. “As for the past...it seems you had it rough, but to say you are emotionally numb might be a bit far fetched. I think...maybe you’ve just learned to hide them due to the way you were brought up. It doesn’t make you numb. It just means you got to learn how to not be afraid to show them is all. Perhaps...in the past you didn’t get a chance to do that or other things, but you are still here now no? So you could start trying now you know?” Anyone could make a change if they wanted to right? Even if the steps were small, it could be done and if one couldn’t do it alone? Well the demon for one would help….provided the other even wanted to go that route you know?

In any case, the demon would hear the next part and frown a bit as he continued to lean against the other’s arm. “Well...I admit your words did seem biting for no reason, but then again I didn’t know where you came from so that caused friction. Even so...I don’t think you need to shut-up about things just because your words are not exactly right. It might take some work, but maybe we can work on changing that. Just like anything, I think the way we talk and view things can be changed with work. We just have to be open to new things and not be afraid to do things. Even less so now that you told me that.” While it was true he didn’t want to feel like a failure all the time due to not being able to start conversations or keep them, the demon didn’t want the other to feel like he couldn’t say anything just because his wording rested on the negative side. If the other kept shelling up, no progress could be made so…

Hm? The demon would hear the question and actually stop in his walking letting the other slip out of his grip if he kept forward. He would look off to the side a bit as his left foot moved a lose piece of rubble under him. He wanted his personal opinion on what he thought? Well that was….The demon shook his head a bit flustered at the question, but somehow even through that he managed to answer as he nervously rubbed his arm with one hand.

“Well...I uh...You’re a bit intimidating and uh….a challenge to get to know, but….at the same time, I uh…” the demon cleared his throat and tried to push back his nerves as he looked over at the other, trying his best to at least not look like a complete nervous wreck before him. “I-I think that is okay. You’re rough, but underneath it all I think you’re kind, caring, and a lot softer than you make yourself out to be. I think you’re just perhaps shy or a bit scared to show it though. Perhaps a bit anxious about the matter, but otherwise a good guy.”

He would get it out all right...though his cheeks felt like they were on fire and honestly he felt as if he wanted to pass out from the pressure, but thankfully he kept himself together as he looked down a scratching at his neck a bit. He honestly didn’t get it. He was used to saying compliments and what not to people and even when he dated a female, he never had this much of an issue saying things...but then again….No one had made him feel the way he did now for many, many years...Though what could this feeling be called? He wasn’t sure and probably wouldn’t figure it out for a while. In any case, he mostly certainly wouldn’t figure it out now as he just prayed the guy got what he was saying despite his behavior. Goddess why…? >>.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm

He would blink a bit, but not do much about the odd touching. As long as the guy didn’t make himself fall in some way…Although, it was a little bit awkward to walk like that. For the moment however, he’d push that off in favor of the ongoing conversation. He wasn’t tripping yet, so he’d live. ‘’A poker face isn’t that hard to keep up.’’, he would shake his head. ‘’Though…I just don’t know. Should I just be doing things even if I technically don’t feel anything about it? I don’t think I’m feeling afraid in most cases…just a little bit too apathetic for comfort. Outside of the fact that I don’t particularly enjoy the kind of results it brings me…’’ In a way. He was honestly just fine by himself. The problem was when he actually tried to keep up with someone else. He was good at not minding things, but that kind of fell apart when it came to relationships, because there he was supposed to do the opposite of what he normally did….pretty much. And it could be quite the pain, obviously.

‘’I have no idea what am I supposed to do though.’’, he would move a hand to rub his temples slightly. ‘’See, this is why I normally don’t go the extra mile to hang out with people. It hardly ever ends right. Besides, you say I should keep talking, but is that any good when it reaches the point where I don’t really want to hear my own voice anyway? It’s just frustrating.’’ None of that was helping the case much. And it wasn’t even like he only had a problem with this because it made things harder for the other. He wasn’t even enjoying himself when it got that far…so, what real reason did he have to keep at it? Silence honestly sounded like the better option in the majority of situations. At least that had less of a chance to make things explode the wrong way.

‘’….??’’

He would proceed to take a couple steps after the other suddenly stopped, before halting to turn around with a somewhat puzzled look. Hm? Aaand, he would remain more or less perplexed throughout the entire thing, not quite following what was going on. ‘’I’m…’’, he would pause with a mild frown, seemingly trying to come up with something to say, but failing pretty badly. After a while, he would just shake his head. ‘’…hmm..I see..I guess….’’ Nope, not happening. And he was still confused anyway…
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Well at least he didn’t rebel against the touching so that was good. “I can’t say what path is right for you there. Nor can I say trying will change much, but if you don’t at least try to be open to things...then how do you plan or sharing yourself with another?” It would be kind of hard if the other kept himself closed off wouldn’t it. “Besides...maybe trying will reveal something you like or maybe didn’t know about yourself.” Even if one was one way, couldn’t they change with time and trying different paths? Though if it was already a pain for one to change then the demon wasn’t quite sure exactly how to approach the matter in a way that was comfortable for the other….but then again maybe that was just it. It was going to be uncomfortable until things were straightened out and flowing again. Maybe.

“Hmm...I suppose that does becoming a tough path, but at the same time...which is better? Not trying and staying safe or doing something even i it is uncomfortable or displeasing. Yes...there is no point in doing things that don’t produce good results, but the negative doesn’t always have to mean nope. It can sometimes reveal things to make the next step easier to do. As for what to do now, I am not sure. All I can suggest is maybe try being less closed to things. Maybe at least consider letting things in and viewing it from another perspective?” This was a hard case for sure, but even so maybe if they worked on it together they could find a way to make it something more manageable and in turn something that could be conquered or at least fixed in the end.

Strange and tough roads aside, there seemed to be another matter wanting to take the stage to. Namely confusing the hell of one’s partner.

The demon would go somehow survive the whole matter and when he caught the confused look on the other’s face, he could not help but to look away even more. The guy wasn’t mad it didn’t seem, but that still didn’t make it any better when the other was confused and kind of quiet about things. That was one way to one to make things a bit more difficult on the demon who could not make heads of tails of why this whole thing was getting to him so. The guy had asked for an opinion….just like anyone else did, so why….? The demon would shake his head again trying to clear it as he looked over at the other. He wanted to say something, but couldn’t quite get his words to form correctly and so ended up failing quite miserably with a “Uh...yeah…” And that was that. What was wrong with him right now and why did he feel so embarrassed about being honest all of a sudden…..Stupid confusing emotions….
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm

He would shrug a bit. ‘’Well, I haven’t really been making plans for that much….’’ He usually didn’t have much of a reason to. And well, it was kind of a pain, that much was true. ‘’….the way you put it, it doesn’t really make doing something sound all that better.’’, he would sigh. ‘’Anyway, different perspectives are a thing. I can see as much. It all kind of seems the same to me though. What really makes the difference…?’’ He could look at a thing from all the possible angles…but at the end of the day, he didn’t really feel any different about it? It was sort of just ‘ok, I know…now what, the world will turn upside down?’. It was honestly pretty hard to get him genuinely interested in something beyond maybe some initial amusement. Maybe not impossible, but definitely not a simple task.

‘’….?’’

Okay, what though? He still didn’t understand what was up. All he really knew was that he didn’t know anything, and that was hardly helping the matter. He was no good at this, to be honest. Something was off alright, but that was as much as he could tell from all this. Thus, he was no less confused than before. ‘’Is…something wrong?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 5:48 pm

"No? So did you plan to always be alone?" the demon would ask curious of that one. I mean yes being alone was great if you wanted to go that route and could handle it, but for the demon that seemed like a really lonely life and one that while he could deal with it for a while, it wasn't something he wanted to do for the rest of his life. It was a bit foreign for sure, but even so the demon kept his mind open so he could at least try to understand the other. That aside tho...

"Well it is kind of hard to make something that already appears dull appealing and I am not exactly the best salesman to make someone want to do something. All I can do is try and share my knowledge and share with you some things I know about. Though I can't force you to go through a door nor can I command you to enjoy what is happening if you do decide to take a step forward. On that front you have to make the discovery for yourself. All I know is that a box is often times both good and bad. It is good because it can keep you safe, but at the same time blocking everything out even when skeptical or doubtful only keeps you contained in your own cage so to speak. It doesn't allow change to even attempt to reach you or let you even decide with absolute certainty that no you don't like this or that. The same can be said of perspective, it one thing to acknowledge they are there, but if you don't allow yourself to really be in someone's shoes and actually consider their ways as an option and stick firmly to your own, then I don't see much hope of truly understanding a person or what angle they come from. In the end though the difference is what you make of what you gain. If you keep telling yourself it is all the same and nothing good is coming out of it, then it will remain that way until you change how you view what is given."

Looking from all the angles was nice, but keeping a surface view of it all wasn't going to change much if one didn't sink themselves into that view and let themselves at least try to feel what another was feeling or thinking. Though the demon would have to wonder if the other would even get what he meant at all. After all if one was already neutral or uninterested in most things...how much could words help? After all if the other didn't want to change then wouldn't this be pointless in the end even if he did manage to get him on the boat of trying?

That mystery aside, it seemed the demon would be getting himself in a bit of trouble with his scattered thoughts. So much so that even the other noticed not good. To the questioning look and well question the demon would quickly shake his head.

"N-No. Nothing's wrong. I was just...." Just what Rika? "Just thinking too much as usual and placing myself into a panic over nothing is all. Nothing to be concerned about." The demon would say rubbing the back of his head with a grin that he prayed wouldn't look to fake or cheesy. He wasn't even sure how he could explain the truth behind his behavior anyway. How did you explain something you couldn't name or something that confused even yourself?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 19, 2017 6:35 pm

‘’I wasn’t really against that option. That said, I simply didn’t focus on that matter in general.’’ He had few issues with being alone, and there was always something to do about that anyway. He had his own ways to get around that, while not necessarily needing to go through so much trouble with maintaining relationships. Nevertheless, he had always taken that matter more or less in stride for what it was.

Speaking of taking things in….ooooookay, but no. Now he just wanted to pull his ears off his head. Another check on the list of things to keep an eye out for, apparently. He would just hold his hands up in defeat. ‘’Okay, okay, checkmate, you win. Now stooooooop please? You’ll give me a headache at this pace.’’ No seriously. ‘’I get that you’re trying to help, and I appreciate the sentiment, but this is honestly going nowhere. I’m starting to feel like I’m sitting in class and listening to a lecture of sorts. It’s not like I don’t actually know any of this. I get that the way I act must look like it goes against things, but just because I walk my own way and not the one you are familiar with doesn’t mean I don’t understand.’’ He just….didn’t do it exactly in that manner. ‘’As a matter of fact, this reminds me of something. I feel like a good chunk of our clashes come from this. I mean, I know what I said, but you taking only that and jumping to conclusions about what I am or am not aware of doesn’t really help, you know? Do you think you understand my angle of things enough to know what it is that I’m not getting here? Or whether there is anything in the first place.’’ He would move a hand to try and flick the guy’s nose. ‘’Maybe we shouldn’t get too deep into trying to give speeches like that. Someone could end up feeling insulted by all the implications there, you know?’’ He was cool about it right now, but it has been proved before that too much ‘righteous’ lecturing could end up pretty badly for them. How many times did it end up with defensiveness and some barking already…?

Speaking of things ending in odd places, what happened next certainly seemed to fit the bill quite spectacularly. Hmmm. He would blink, walking over to stand close to the demon, bending down a bit so they were closer to face level as if trying to observe the guy. ‘’You sure? You really looked like something was up back then.’’ Well, he has seen the guy have his overthink and panic moments, but this had been a bit different? He wasn’t sure what to think to be honest, but something seemed a little off there. Maybe that was just him though….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 8:49 pm

“Ah okay.” Well he could understand that one. If one didn’t focus on something very much then he supposed there would be no planning for said thing. That was fair enough and so the demon wouldn’t push the matter further. Besides it seemed like there were bigger fish to fry anyway….like this whole misunderstanding of things.

To what was said and done, the demon would blink a few times as he looked at the other in a bit startled and confused at first, but then recovering he would move his hand to try and catch the other’s as he moved to flick at his nose. Successful or not, he would speak.

“Uh..Heh,”
the demon would chuckle a bit, his expression a bit apologetic. “I honestly wasn’t assuming anything. I was just saying what was on my mind. I guess I am a bit wordy though and maybe I try to over explain my point making it seem like I am just lecturing you, but that is not intent. I understand our ways are different just as it seems our way of speaking is. As for our clashes, I think it is a mix of things ranging from interpretation to how we present things. Sometimes I feel you present too little and maybe on the flip side I give too much. Not sure exactly how to balance that, but I’ll uh...make a note to try and cut back on my rambling. The last thing I want to do is give you a headache.” Welp there was another thing to add onto the list of things to work on fixing. “Yeah, I understand.” Ah well. At least the demon wasn’t taking this one badly so perhaps this was good?

Talking too much aside though things would seemingly flip around to not much talking at all as the demon found himself in a very odd situation as his emotions decided do strange things at an inconvient moment. While the demon was usually happy go lucky and could keep his feelsy side in check more or less, there was something he couldn’t quite put his finger on that made him flustered around the other at times. It was a form of panic, but not ones he was used to contending with since those were negative and this was well...just odd? It was like a mix of happiness and fear and yet, the demon didn’t exactly want to run from the feeling. He was intrigued by it and wanted to understand it...though at the moment he just kind of felt like going through the floor.

He wish this thing hadn’t decided to crop up at random like this because now the other was onto him and while he tried to play it off the other didn’t take the bait so easily and when the other was suddenly in his face about the matter? It was almost too much for the demon; however, by some miracle he managed not to pass out or back away as he looked to the side trying not to meet the other’s eye though the redness on his face was probably proof enough that something was up...even so…

“I…uh…” the demon was at a lost for words for a moment as his mind whirled as he tried to find his way out of this one, but finding no real escape he would eventually look back up at the other a bit nervously. “I-I think so. Yeah. It’s...it’s nothing…” Nothing I can put into words that is. The demon just couldn’t say what he thought. Not when he was this uncertain of it all. Besides even if he could put into words, he wasn't sure if he wanted to make the guy uncomfortable with that subject matter anyway. The last thing he wanted was another round of discomfort and tension due to things said.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm

‘’Hmm?’’ He didn’t really try to avoid the other grabbing his hand, though what they guy intended to do after that, he obviously didn’t know. Regardless, he would turn his attention to the talk for the time being, unless he got majorly distracted somehow. He would snort lightly. ‘’Bingo, you’ve missed the target again. I should give you a reward for that. Anyhow, I wasn’t talking about how long you’re talking for, but about what you’re saying. Having hypothetical advice that I more or less already know or could very easily deduce by myself drilled into my head like a nail is what makes for headaches, not the fact that you used a few more sentences than you could have. Though, that’s not to say long speeches cannot, but that was not what I was trying to point out here.’’ Well, explaining a point alright…but none of it was a new thing for him there…and even if it had been…it wouldn’t take a genius to figure out what was the best way to deal with things in theory. It wasn’t like he needed to be taught about that, now did he? He wasn’t exactly hopeless enough to not even understand that much without it being manually stuffed into his ears. That aside, what does that help anyway? To be honest…the guy would be closer to accomplishing something if he like…suggested they do some sort of activity and all that…y’know, get some move on instead of ‘wise’ words about boxes and how tries make change. That bush has been beaten a million times already, technically….

Oh well. Moving on for now though….to an issue that was a bit more confusing than the last, apparently. He would raise an eyebrow at the reaction at first. Well, that obviously hadn’t worked jack squat. Hmmm. Too bad he was not really good at these types of conversations…or whatever this even was. A cucumber would probably perform better. Then again, that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to try. He wasn’t the one to just step back easily. ‘’…you don’t sound very convincing.’’, he would comment with a few blinks before straightening back up and putting a hand on the other’s shoulder. ‘’I’m not going to bite you, you know? Though, if you’re really not going to tell me, you could at least just say so instead of lying.’’ He could be clueless and all that, but he wasn’t that dumb. If it was really nothing, then this whole exchange wouldn’t be necessary, and the guy wouldn’t be pulling up this poor acting. He didn’t know what was up, but if nothing else, he’d at least rather the other stopped trying to play pretend in his face.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 pm

He honestly didn’t plan to do anything with the hand he caught. He was just trying to keep his nose from getting flicked is all. Sure the demon could deal with some flicking, but the nose a tricky spot for him. Even if it was light he didn’t exactly favor being flicked there and so naturally he stopped it. Though the move wasn’t rough or anything. Just a light grasp of the hand to stop it and nothing more. In fact, as soon as the action was stopped the demon would release the caught hand as the conversation rolled on.

“A reward for failing to hit the target? I am not sure if should be proud or despair about that one.” Seriously when was he ever going to get on the same page with this dude or understand from the get go what he meant. It sometime made him feel really incompetent. Even more so when what he was saying was of no use to the one he was speaking of. He would shake his head a bit. “Hmm. Well, I guess I am going to just have to re-evaluate how I speak or do things cause uh...that is usually what it comes down to when I get on topics like that. Regardless, I’ll add to my things to do list.” He wasn’t sure how he was going to fix the matter just yet, but maybe with time, he’d become less of a rambler and useless and perhaps one day do something constructive instead. Stop going in circles ya know? Regardless of the matter, the demon didn’t seem to take it too badly as he just placed the matter on the back burner for now.

He’d have time to ponder that one later, when he wasn’t in a small hole of strangeness. The demon would hear the first set of words and feel himself sink deeper into this rather embarrassing hole and when the other touched him, the demon actually looked up at him with a frown of nerves more so than anything.

“It’s not that I am lying...or afraid you’ll bite too badly...I just don’t think it wise to speak on a matter that even I am unsure of...I am not even sure I could get it across in words at this point…” The demon would look off to the side with the flush to his cheeks still there. “It’s bit embarrassing it even got to this point. You weren’t suppose to witness this....” Stupid emotions and being unable to hide them indeed. See this is why it was better that he didn't get attached to a another...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat May 20, 2017 6:42 am

‘’Well, the pick is yours.’’ Honestly though, was it that bad? As long as they did not end up fighting about it and simply cleared up the misunderstandings, it was alright, wasn’t it? One can’t be expected to understand someone else all the time. It wasn’t that bad of a thing as long as it was just a honest miss, rather than a person getting full of themselves and assuming all kinds of stuff with no real evidence or something like that. Nevertheless, it was always going to look worse than it was if they kept despairing over it even in the situations where it wasn’t necessary. ‘’I don’t mind it when it’s just casual talk. You just might want to consider a more solid course of action instead of droning on and on when it comes to attempts at help. Or at least checking in first whether all that even needs to be said so you don’t end up talking theoretical approaches to the wind. Either way, what you do is on you. I’m just making suggestions.’’ It could possibly end up making things a bit tense if whatever is said is way too off the mark after all. Well, anything could, even a more direct suggestion….but in the end, those at least had more of a chance to accomplish something than a mini-lecture like that did, right? Gotta save the time at least?

Anyway…

‘’Claiming nothing is wrong when that is not really true is technically a lie to anyone but you. It’s not like you gave any reasoning behind your answer before.’’ Well, wasn’t it? All the guy did before now was insist that nothing was up, while that was obviously not much of a truth. Without anything else to back that up…there would be no reason for anyone to not see it as a lie. He would sigh faintly. ‘’Witness what? I honestly don’t even understand what’s got you sitting on needles all of a sudden in the first place. It’s not like this means much to me without context….’’ Was it that big of a deal when he didn’t even understand what he was seeing? It wasn’t like he just discovered some big secret here, seeing as he was at best only confused about what was happening. That aside…what? The demon was the one so adamant about the dating and trying to make it work for them, so wasn’t it a bit too late to lament over attachments? If it was better not to, why was he here again?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat May 20, 2017 11:30 pm

"Heh. Perhaps so," he would say with a small smile. In the end, it came down to what he thought about it all. He understood that and he supposed this round at least it was perhaps something to be glad about. They weren't having a falling out and that was honestly a relief, so the demon guess he could see this as something to smile about rather than weep about. As for what followed the demon would swallow what was said easily enough as he nodded a bit. "Hmm. I will have to work on that then..Though I guess i should kind of thank you for pointing that out. I had no idea my talking could sound like lectures." It made him wonder if everything he said was like that and maybe he should re-evaluate how he spoke in general. Yes, he knew what the other said was only suggestions and if he didn't want to change he didn't have to, but still...talking more than necessary might be more of a problem than helpful in a situation, so perhaps he should sit and consider his way of approaching things to see if it was really effective or had room to improve somewhere.

Regardless of that, he'd have to ponder that later since something else got in the way and demanded his attention more. To what was said, the demon would sigh a bit.

"Well, I suppose if you look at it that way then it is...and in that case I apologize for it...I just don't really know how to say it, but...I suppose I could try...." the demon would begin and then hearing the rest of what was said, he would shake his head a bit. "...You weren't suppose to see me losing my cool over..." the demon would hesitate, but then bucking up some courage continue forward. "Over how I felt about you. When you asked me my opinion of you...I felt rather odd and flustered. I don't know why the feeling came, but it just happened. It was...no is confusing thus I didn't exactly want to bring it up because in the past these sort of conversations kind of didn't end well and two because it is so muddled. I didn't want to add layers onto this already. Besides, this conversation isn't suppose to be about me anyway...so yeah..." Maybe that was why it was such a big deal and the demon was a bit nervous to bring this into the picture. The guy had heard him confess feelings before and each time was pretty much nope to the idea in the fact that he was never on the same level and the due to a conversation from before the demon knew where he stood with the other. He knew this and yet the more, he hung around the guy the more he became attached. It was true that he had been pretty adamant about the dating, but when one was only physically attracted to you, but had no feelings for you could it really be seen as dating? Due to the way the other was, the demon had difficulty answering these questions or figuring out what to do with these emotions he felt. On one hand he wanted easily share them, but on the other he didn't want to smoother the other either so he ended up in a rather odd limbo of sorts when it came to his feelings and thus feelings left him in odd spots like he was now. It was a complicated matter for sure....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top