Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

The Calm After the Storm

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Calm After the Storm

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Lucky. To be honest due to the way things had gone, Rika considered him a bit more than that at this point. After all, he had literally given the guy hell for no reason outside of being an anxious and insecure creature. It was sad, but somehow even when he was at his worst this guy had stayed with him and not out of pity either or trying to take advantage of him. He just stayed and took his shit. Not quietly mind you, but still….He had to wonder. Why did the guy stay? Not that he wanted to him leave. No he didn’t want that, but even if he was just curious about dating...wouldn’t those strikes against the demon already be enough to make him move on. So why? There were other people out there and much more stable than him, right? So why? It was a curious thing, but at the same time made him want to try that much harder to get better both so he as a person could function more or less normal, but also to actually be able to do this dating thing once. He was quite tired of his past and fear chaining him and while it was uncomfortable, he was trying to move and break free. He just hoped his fight wouldn’t cause him to lose the other. Those mysteries and worries aside though.

The demon would hear the short answer recieved and hum as his tail patted the bed a bit in thought.

“....I am going to have to work on that then. I mean the consistence part seems easy enough, but the intensity part? Well I might need some guidance there for admit on my own I may fall short of what you require.” He could be intense, but that did not change the fact that his intensity may still be to gentle for the other. So there was that and also…”So out of curiosity...you said you’d do this better alone. May I ask what you mean by that?

He wasn’t offended just curious is all as to where exactly his mind was if turning himself on alone was better than with him.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Sometimes he didn’t know. Sure, there was always the option to run, but what was the point anyway? He hardly had a lot of luck with people one way or another. Perhaps he just didn’t have the brightest expectations when it came to relationships in general. He would complain and all, yes, but in the end he usually just ended up standing there and taking the abuse anyway. He was kind of used to brushing that type of stuff off already. He walked through whatever was in front of him. That’s sort of what he always did….

He would frown a bit as he turned his stare to the ceiling. ‘’I…this is just weird for me. I have a good enough imagination to be able to just think of stuff without needing to struggle with figuring out whether the person with me can do that well or is willing to in the first place. When I put that together with the fact that I can just decide how to do things myself in that case instead of having to rely on another’s judgement, it kind of feels way easier that way. It’s not really just you. I think I’d have this problem with most people. Making compromises with people is a drain in itself. If this kind of thing doesn’t go and actually blow my mind in some way, it can feel like a lot of hard work for something that isn’t even much better than what I can have by myself without any of the stress.’’ That’s honestly kind of how it was. The reality needs to be able to compete with his mind, otherwise it could really give the vibe of being too much effort for nothing spectacular. What was supposed to make being with another so much better….?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:01 pm

It was interesting honestly how much alike these two could be for such opposites. Sharaku endured the abuse, but had enough confidence to speak out and perhaps even walk away if he wanted too. While Rika had done the same, except he submitted and stayed far too quiet about it. The end results was that you had one person who very strong and independent and another while he could be strong had some issues that made him a bit unsteady on the confident all the times. When you combined confident and meek sometimes the results were nice provided the pair could line up properly...something these two knuckleheads seemed to fail to do. Not all the time, but a lot of the time, but for whatever reason they stuck to each other. Were they gluttons for pain or truly mad? The situation was indeed questionable, but something that was a thought way in the back of the demon’s head as he shifted a bit in his spot to get more comfortable as he shifted his arms a bit to rest upon them.

“Ah so you live in your head,” the demon would begin as one ear twitched a bit. “Well it can be hard letting someone in and it is work. It is a drain even more so if they have cracks you don’t typically see or are broken. It can honestly suck, but if you prefer what is in your head and expect something mind blowing in reality to keep you there...then how are you going to enjoy the moment or let another in?” The guy wasn’t wrong per se, but the demon was quite curious what the other wanted out of this in the end? A relation or just a oh this is a nice try, but no experience? Was he mad about this development? No, but it did leave him a bit confused as to just exactly what was being aimed for here. Yes. He was messed up, but honestly he was trying to adapt and change for the better; however, if he was the only one into the relationship, then was it worth it? He had to wonder….And that wondering is what made him roll back onto his stomach after a moment. Hmmm...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm

‘’So I do. I can’t deny that.’’ The other wasn’t really wrong there. He did tend to prefer his own thoughts and such over the outside world a lot, regardless of what was the subject of it. He would sigh faintly. ‘’This isn’t related to what kind of person the one in question is though. Not really. It only makes so much of a difference.’’ Broken or not…well, even a normal person can come off as uninteresting/etc. and thus about the same in this manner. ‘’I wouldn’t say it’s just about expectations. It’s simply how I feel in general. I’m sure you’d know better than most that some things can’t be shoved away on command.’’ There were many cases where he went into things without expecting a whole lot. Did that change how it ended up for him? Typically not. And if it did, then it wasn’t a huge difference most of the time.

‘’Regardless, I have no answer to how exactly. Jumping into it mindlessly doesn’t quite work for me. I can, sure…but I’ll just end up burning out like a candle put right next to open fire, and then possibly regret I chose to do that. I tend to lack the energy to always keep up with the buzz around me the way people would want me to.’’ And being constantly tired of dealing with it all wasn’t the best answer to the issue either, was it now? Well, perhaps he could do it at a slower pace, but….that usually earned him early assumptions from people that thought there shouldn’t be an issue with doing it right away. That’s kind of how many things are when you don’t fit in with the standard most people expect, right? It wasn’t that he was unwilling to try in any way or form. However, the most ‘obvious’ paths were sometimes actually the worst….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm

The demon's mind would wander about in questionable areas for a few seconds as overthinking tried to kick in; however, he knocked that process out quickly enough as he focused on what the other had to say. He would be quiet for a bit as he let it all sink in, his eyes closing as he let out a small hum of thought before speaking.

"Yeah...I can understand lingering things all too well...and sometimes wonder if they get in the way of things,"
the demon would begin with a flick of his tail. "We seem to live in our heads in different ways and in turn we unintentionally or maybe intentionally block things and get to stuck in me land. I know I am offender of this one big time...and honestly when I reflect on it is probably the one reason we have blow outs." Probably the main reason, but that was a story for another day.  "Now I don't have an answer to this issue either, but what I am willing to do is to at least try to get on the same page with you and work this out; however, you have to tell me or if not tell then show me what you want and how you wanted to be treated and I in turn can do the same. I am not asking to your hand or vice versa, but I think if we can figure each other out and actually be in sync then perhaps all these hiccups wouldn't occur as often neither in general or here. What's thoughts on this?"

The demon would look over at the other at this point. He wouldn't do a complete overhaul of himself or even the other. He wasn't asking for that with his request. No he wanted them to remain them, but work with all these difference to find a system that worked for them, so that maybe things would be less rough.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 pm

‘’I have no idea on that.’’, he would just shrug slightly. ‘’I mean…we’ve had plenty long discussions about the differences and everything, but we always end in a place like this. I have told you something about what I like before, however even when we do that, the question of where will it go still remains up in the air. And I am not good at talking about this stuff for hours every time we meet. It takes away from the enjoyment of hanging out if most of what we do is long conversations about such that just lead into another crash later anyway. So, I can’t really promise you anything special I don’t think. Unless it’s somehow going to go differently all of a sudden.’’ Well, there were obvious reasons to be at least somewhat skeptical about it. How many times have they tried to talk things out already? He was pretty sure the number wasn’t very proportionate to the amount of times it actually worked out in their favor though. It’s easy to say ‘time to try’ than to truly pull through with it. And the more it fails, the less confidence in future attempts it inspires, naturally. That said, he wasn’t going to say no to this….just, he wasn’t sure how much he was ready to expect from it.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:08 am

Hmmm...The demon would flick his tail again in thought being careful not to whack the other in the process. "I suppose we have talked this to death, but at the same time I am not sure what else to do outside of just either stating that we don't like this or that or just demonstrating what we want. I don't mean to make it the whole topic of each encounter, but I am not sure how much we can avoid touching it a bit...unless that is the problem within itself. Like we think so much on it that we just don't let it go where it will? It is hard to say..." He did make the suggestion, but it was always questionable if the plan would fail. Yes he tried to pull through he honestly did, but it seemed that they always found a stumbling block somewhere....and then didn't quite know how to recover from it in a smooth fashion. It was odd.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:04 am

‘’……..’’

What was there to say? Wasn’t trying hard to come up with the ‘why’s’ and ‘how’s’ of the happenings technically just another way of thinking on it too much? In the end, neither suggestion was probably the true answer by itself anyway. With how complicated this was, there were most likely more reasons than one for why it was happening the way it was. Kind of out of points to make for the moment, he would just close his eyes, shifting his arms to rest them by his sides.

‘’I just want some peace of mind….’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:59 am

Silence. Was he surprised by it? No. Honestly outside of what they had said and what had been said, things were indeed driven to the ground on this front. There was no way to expand upon it, make either of them feel better about the situation, or even guarantee any plans. All they really could do is continue to walk forward and just pray for the best. Now where they would end at the end of it all was indeed questionable, but future was never guaranteed nor could it be seen. It was an unknown just as much as their relationship and try as one might sometimes it was better just to leave these things be and let them develop in their own way. Maybe the habit of trying to fix or make it one way is what broke in the first place.

The demon would sigh a quiet sigh as he moved slightly in an attempt to move slightly closer as he reached out the arm closest to the other. He would try and wrap it around the other’s waist. Perhaps it was a way of trying to comfort the other though how well it would work was up in the air and something else the demon did not wish to think or worry over as he rested his chin on the bed and stared ahead at the chest of drawers and walls. “Me too.” Was the soft response back….
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 am

He would open his eyes slightly when he felt the other touching him all of a sudden. He didn't appear to be trying to move away or anything though. As a matter of fact, the reaction was nearly nonexistent at first, and would remain so for a short while. Perhaps he was thinking about something as he stared up at the ceiling with half-open eyes for a while. There was always some thinking involved. Even if the other didn't want to be thinking about certain things...well, it was pretty much impossible to just turn off one's mind and force it to ignore certain thoughts...so there would always be something to think about, whether on purpose or just on auto-pilot, for the lack of a better word.

Regardless, he would eventually mutter something unintelligible under his breath before shifting to roll over onto his side in the demon's direction, watching him with a somewhat weary look.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:15 am

The demon didn’t seem to mind that there was no reaction, his action more simply a natural reaction for the demon. They were both struggling in their own ways and whether it was frustration with the situation, each other, or even one’s self, the mental toll was indeed there. As for stopping thoughts...well that was true. Thoughts were just as impossible to stop as asking a river to stop flowing on command. It just wasn’t going to happen. Even so the demon choose to quietly address his own thoughts while remaining aware of the other.

He tried in his own way to help with the burden though when he touched the other, the demon was more relieved that this didn’t trigger a negative reaction or a snap because of it. And when the other muttered his ears would twitch as red eyes looked over at the other. He would see him roll over and upon meeting that weary look, his own eyes narrowed a bit with understanding. Rolling over to his side, he would keep the hand around the other’s waist giving a light tug to draw him closer as he spoke.

“Come here,” he would begin his tone soft and comforting versus suggestive as he attempted to hold the other for now to comfort….
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 am

Mmm? He would furrow his brows a bit when the other decided to pull him closer, a little uncertain whether he wanted to go along with it or not. Albeit, he wasn't really being given the luxury of having time to mull over it as he kind of had to pick how to respond right away. For the time being, he would end up not protesting the movement, though he didn't make an effort to hug the other back or such yet, just kind of awkwardly lying there at first. It was hard to say what was going through his head at that point, but if nothing else, he seemed to be calm about the situation.

''Do I get a reward for it?'', he would ask an odd question after a few moments, which was most likely a tired attempt at making some sort of joke. Well, better than nothing? Though who knew how was the other going to take that one. Hmm...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:24 pm

The demon saw the other’s reaction, but remained relatively calm his tug not very demanding at all. If the other wanted to back off he could or even if he hesitated and thought about it the demon wouldn’t have minded. He was simply giving the other a option there, but he was glad nonetheless that the other moved closer. Holding him in a gentle embrace for now, the demon would give a light snort as he heard the words, but rather than responding, he would tilt his head upward a bit and actually plant a kiss on the other’s lips for a few seconds before pulling back slightly and looking at the other. “How is that for a reward?” he would ask as he watched the other, with a light smirk.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 pm

''....I guess I can take that.'' Despite the attempt at a joke and all, he wasn't being overly energetic about it, seemingly in more of a melancholic mood than anything else at the moment. Nevertheless, he was letting things happen for the time being, thus there was no protesting against the other's actions. Although, were the other to step out of line somehow and try to go for stuff that probably wouldn't be very appreciated in this type of situation, he would sure do something about it. Right now however, there didn't appear to be a need for that.He would blink slightly, deciding to break the silence some more after a while. ''....what is it that makes you want to be close to people?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:11 pm

The demon would give light nod and not push his limits here. While it was true the other made a joke and he played along even the demon was aware that this situation wasn't exactly silly or meant to be fun. If the other was concerned about the demon going out of line, he probably didn't have too worry about that unless holding someone and stroking their hair a bit was wrong....cause that is what the demon attempted to do as he continued to hold onto the other. He didn't have words for to comfort and so was quiet figuring if the other had something to say he would. Either way nothing was worse than fake or forced comfort. Being a victim of that and despising it with a passion, he would place the other with him under such things.

In any case, he would stay quiet until the other asked his question to what he heard the demon's tail would flick a bit as he thought. "Well...that is a bit hard to explain, but if you don't mind a little bit of not entirely great story time...I can give it a try," the demon said as he looked up at the other. Unlike the other times where he would get flustered or shy about his past or just flat out let the worse of it take over him, he was very calm this round perhaps a bit more prepared or maybe the mood ground him in some way....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Well no, he didn't really mind that. The not so good stuff would be more along the lines of the other pushing it and trying to turn this into making out or such at the worst possible moments. As long as the demon had at least some ability to read the mood, they would probably be okay. Regardless, he would close his eyes for a bit as he contemplated the answer he received. Well, that wasn't necessarily an answer but still. Hmm. He hadn't really expected this to be some sort of sad story, nor planned for it to go there. Perhaps thinking that the answer to that could be on the simpler side had been a little farfetched. Ah well.

''I didn't think that's what it was going to be...but I suppose if you're fine with it then sure...''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:01 pm

The demon while strange and oftentimes a pro at missing a point sometimes was at least also very in tune with energy and emotions. So despite how he could come off, he was able to read the mood most of the time and in turn do what was more or less appropriate by his standards. Anyway, he would wait quietly enough for his answer, letting the other take his time to think on things. The demon didn’t want to force the story on the other and honestly if he had to he might be able to shorten the answer; however, he wanted to the other to understand him a bit more by knowing some of the finer details that actually gave the answer to the question posed some weight.

To the answer received, the demon smiled slightly. “I wouldn’t offer story time if it made me too uncomfortable...Just bare with me though if I start crying or something...” the demon began before pausing a bit as he stroked the other’s hair, thinking how to start the story. When he thought he had a way of telling things, he would open his mouth and begin.

“To be honest, I used to rebel against the idea of being with someone. Being around people. I didn’t have a childhood, didn’t have loving parents or friends to support me. From the get go my companions were fear, pain, and a deep darkness. I was never treated as a person. I was always a thing. A thing to clean the house, a thing to beat, a thing to abuse, whatever...and when the world was done with me, it tossed me in a small room made of stone and cold bars. I lived and I guess after years of dealing with all that stuff, I began to believe I was a thing worth nothing to anyone unless I could make money for them. Pleasing others kept me safe and alive. It became as second nature to me as breathing. I had accepted what I was and was prepared to die that way too. I was dead inside and only knew how to live through suffering.” The demon would close his eyes as his ears drooped t remembering those not so pleasant memories. It was something that caused him to be at loss for words for the moment as he fought internally for sanity again...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Aaand, time for silence.

‘’……..’’

He didn’t really have anything to say. Maybe outside of wondering why all this was necessary to answer the question. He had asked why the other wanted to….not quite for a long explanation of why he didn’t at first. It wasn’t like the other needed to give him all those details if it just upset him to do so. He technically already understood the gist of that from stuff he had heard in their previous conversations. Perhaps it was just him, but this seemed like a bit of a roundabout way of giving an answer. Regardless…he didn’t really plan on saying anything until the demon was completely done. Interruptions would only derail this, so there was hardly a point in trying to butt in half-way through.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:19 am

Sometime people had a differences to what held meaning and what didn’t. For example due to the way he was now, it would be easy to think that even with knowing bits about his past that Rika from the very beginning loved and desired to be close to people. So hearing him say, “I desire to be close to people because of x, y, z” probably would just be a given. However, this wasn’t the case with Rika and the reason he didn’t just give a simple answer to the question. In order to understand the why, one had to understand where he came from a bit. Did this mean he was going to make this into a long drawn out story or monologue. No, but he would still need to do some talking here...even if it hurt to do so. He couldn’t shy away from it either way.

The good thing was despite being unable to speak for a bit, the demon didn’t cry and after a bit of mental struggle he was able to shake it off, his red eyes looking back at the other breifly before moving elsewhere as he continued.

“When you learn to live through suffering, you value nothing anymore and you just sink into this strange dark world that no one understands or should be in. You stop remembering that you are person. I was like that for years, so when I was sold off to this rather wealthy priest, I didn’t think anything of it. A trade is a trade. End of story. Sure my environment, the way I was handle, and my job changed, but nothing drove me to connect or reach out to the people that surrounded me. I was just there like I always was. Just an empty shell doing as I was told. Though I think….” The demon would pause to take a breath, and shift to get more comfortable, and also to consider something as he reflected on his past. “I think...it was because I was so empty that the priest did what he did. I think he was trying to save, so instead of handing me to another demon, he decided to gift me to a human friend of his that lived way out in the mountains with their kids. When I first got there I was taken in and all by a woman, who assigned one of the older children to me and gave a simple command: To pamper. Naturally, I thought she meant I was to pamper the child, but...no...the child was to pamper me. So i just went with it. The next day that same woman was a guy and just like before assigned a kid to me and gave a simple command that I thought I was suppose to do, but it was for the child to do to me. Anyway long story short, after about a month of just going with the flow of this, I found myself becoming a bit agitated that I wasn’t doing the commands given. It got to the point where I finally confronted the master and demanded to know why this was a thing. They told me, it was to help me wake up and in turn walk again, but that only made me angrier. I thought they were mocking me and I hated them for it. I became quite vicious to say the least and just plain mean, but...no matter what I did they always returned it with kindness, love...understanding.” The demon shook with a slight smile as looked up at the other. “Anyway, the point to my rambling is this: the reason I like to be with people is because of what I learned from those kids and also discovering how much joy it was to be around people. Closeness is a tricky thing for and something I honestly only truly shared with the master of the mountain. I guess it’s kind of like of being one with something in a way. They understand you, you understand and things are well balanced. It’s true peace when you find someone like that...and realize you aren’t so alone in the world after all….” The demon trailed off from there, as he looked up at the other with an apologetic smile for the ramble, but at least he answered in the end so maybe that wasn’t so bad?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:50 am

‘’…………’’

It didn’t seem like he had much to say even now. Well sure, there were things he could say, but it wasn’t like the other was asking for his personal opinion of the subject there or something, was he? There was no point in opening his mouth just to possibly sound like he was trying to argue with what had been said. However, he had very little to say outside of that. Did it even matter whether he said anything anyway?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 am

Maybe it did and maybe it didn't. What did matter was the somewhat awakardness that feel between them Like the demon was happy he wasn't slapped down or something, but at the same time complete silence? He wasn't sure what to do with that for a moment as he watched the other before blinking and looking down a bit.

"And you...do you not wish to be close to people?" the demon would ask after a moment not sure what exactly else to say in this moment.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:18 pm

He would snort at the question. ‘’For the most part…not really.’’, he would shake his head slightly. ‘’To me…the concept you speak of seems nearly meaningless. Sounds like an amazing thing in theory, but what are the chances of that happening for real? The majority of people are probably quite willing to abandon another if it helps them get rid of trouble, and the idea of complete understanding is quite farfetched too. Besides, unlike a demon or the like, a human doesn’t have hundreds of years of time to find someone that great. And what’s the point if one manages that when they’re almost on their death bed anyway? The world throws other responsibilities that we have to focus on at us too, thus even less time for looking around and evaluating people. In the end, it’s all more or less pure luck if one happens to run into someone who really won’t end up hurting them somehow.’’ There’s hardly the time for that, unless you’re a lucky one that has the time to waste on building bonds with many people to the point where they could be sure it won’t just be another disappointment again.

‘’I don’t literally hate people, and I don’t have belief problems like you used to, but I still don’t see a good enough reason to be throwing myself on people with how things are in general. Is playing that game really worth getting a boot in the ass most of the time and possibly never ending up happy enough anyway?’’ Well, nothing is guaranteed of course, but still…when you don’t have something to make you believe a goal is truly reachable, where do you get the driving force from instead?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:46 pm

The demon would listen to what the other said not sure how to respond to it, but at the same time not letting what was said ruffle him too badly since it was the other's opinion. "I suppose it does seem pointless when there are more misses than hits out there, but at the same time, I don't see the need to push the option out of the door and never try. I know people nor things can make you happy, but still. I like to believe it is okay to try and just get up versus noping it just because the pain comes with the terrority. Who knows, you might find that one you truly click with one day. Even if it is at the end, isn't being happy with someone more than enough even if it is for a short time?" the demon would ask looking up at the other. Time was indeed finite, but even so...why not try to be happy and share that happiness with another with what was given? Was it really that bad in the end? And on that note...

The demon would make a small frown after a while as he asked. "If you think it is pointless...then what are we are we doing here? What are we aiming for or is this just one sided?" Seriously, if that is what the other truly believed in then was there even a chance of this working? Was he just being stupid in hoping for something better when in the end there was nothing there? It was a bothersome question so he had to know.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:06 pm

‘’…that’s not necessarily what I was….’’, he would sigh. ‘’Anyway, to be honest…if it happened really late…I think I’d just be pissed off. At least it’s somewhat less painful to die when you have nothing to miss or regret. Compared to knowing that you’re just going to leave behind and lose something you barely had for even a while at that point. There are moments where not having known sounds like the least sad option.’’ And it would just make the other person hurt too. All that meh for what? A really short amount of ‘good’ time? When you’re at the point where you need to legitimately worry about how much longer are you going to live for…isn’t forming deeper bonds painful in itself?

At the following question, he would give the other a slightly blank look for a moment before rolling over on his other side to face away from the demon. ‘’I…don’t really know. Though…it’s not like I’m holding you in place or something. If this type of stuff worries you so much, you can always walk away.’’ After all, what good would come out of too much shaky trust anyway? That aside….worries and all…if he really didn’t give a fuck in any way, then why would he be here to begin with?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm

"...Maybe, but I still think it is better to have found something than die never even knowing an ounce of happiness..." Yes it would hurt when the other was gone and all, but at the same time he much rather have those small happy moments to reflect back on than nothing at all. Being unloved or never knowing happiness? That was truly a sad thing not to ever experience. He just didn't get it.

And it would seem things wouldn't get any better with the next thing either. As the other rolled away from him and made his statement, the demon would watch him quietly for a moment as his eyes narrowed. "I worry because I care...but I can't force you on the same boat, so if you really want to me to leave you alone, then that is fine. Just...tell me that and don't play with me, alright?" His words were calm and controlled. He was trying his best not to explode or make this worse than what it already was, but shaky trust or not the point was he never knew when it came to this guy. Did he think he didn't completely care? Not exactly, but it was hard to keep hope up when every time he poked the other just sort of brushed it off or made it appear to be meaningless. There was only so much of that sort of treatment he could handle before he began to break and crumble, you know?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top