Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

Mama Merk's Tavern

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mama Merk's Tavern

Post by Rika on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 am

"I wish it was as easy that; however, you touch for "no reason" and that opens a whole new set of can of worms.We could try talking, but it just goes in one ear and out the other most of the time. It is sad really, but you just gotta deal justice within the rules for now." If it was as simple as slapping sense into people literally the demon would be into that business a long time ago, so yeah while it may be getting off easy there was not much to do about it. As for the consequences that followed after...well at that point it was none of his business and the next guy would have to find a way to handle it too. An odd broken game, but that is how things worked for whatever reason.

“Aww. Won’t let me spoil ya then? You’re breaking my heart guy,” the demon would say mostly joking though. He did like to be nice to people in general and he was more inclined to be kind to those that were kind to him. For him it wasn’t so much a trade system, but just what he did; however, he couldn’t force a thank you on someone so there was that and honestly despite his standing, he wouldn’t do that anyway. That would just make a gesture of kindness pointless and also lose its real value.

That aside, the demon would find himself grinning at the other’s comment as he closed his eyes a bit and shifted to move the ice pack a bit the pain still there, but thankfully going down to a more bearable point. “I guess you are.” The demon would say as he reopened his eyes and looked back at the other when the clothing subject came in. “Mmm. I think it can fit you well enough considering I am not much thicker than you, but yeah. You’ll definitely be in caprices if not shorts with my stuff; however, I have stuff to spare. Besides don’t want you to freeze. That would make me very sad to have a popsicle friend.” Yeah. He would be sure to make the guy as comfortable as possible while he was here. On that note…”In any case, you can have the bed and I’ll sleep on the sofa,” the demon said wondering if it was best to just remaining sitting up or actually laying down. Hmm. He supposed he’d figure that one out when he got sleepy enough to go to bed. Though he’d have to get some things pulled down if he decided to stay on the sofa...Hmm….
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am

''They should honestly pass more severe rules on that stuff. Maybe it'd teach people to actually be more responsible in that area.'' After all, will it ever get better if there are no severe enough consequences for it? Probably not really.

''Well, you can try but I won't guarantee you anything.'' Or maybe not advertise it as something done because of owing him too much. Technically, he couldn't cockblock the guy all the time for no reason, so there was that. He would just come off as rude if he stopped the other from doing anything ever. He would scratch at his cheek lightly. ''Well, I probably wouldn't freeze, but it might get cold at least.'' He could handle cooler temperatures so he wasn't too worried about becoming ice cream, but cold is still less comfortable in its own way.

That aside, he would frown lightly at the following statement. ''Should you really be sleeping on that right now?'' Well yes, a sofa can be used as a substitute for bed if necessary, but it's not made primarily for that. Plus, it's smaller both in length and width, and the other honestly didn't need the extra risk of falling down on the floor while already injured.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 am

“I don’t know about that. On one hand, yeah the move could enforce some things and make some change their tune, but in the long run? I wonder if that won’t cause even more issues for the ones not liking that. Don’t get me wrong holding people accountable would be nice, but how do you do that in a manner that won’t make it seem like you are interfering in a personal choice of theirs?” That stuff while nice on paper could blow up in your face even if you had the law behind ya.

“Heh. Well a try gives me some hope in that department then.” the demon said sticking out his tongue at the other playfully before becoming more serious with the cold chat. “Hmm. I am gonna have to get you to pull down more blankets then.Can’t have you being miserable over here.” A cold night was indeed not fun, but the good thing was he had extra blankets about because he got cold himself so that was a easy enough fix if the other needed more warmth.

What wasn’t so easy was the next bit about sleeping arrangements to what was said the demon would sigh a bit. “Well, I am not sure what is good for me right about now. I may have to sleep sitting up, so the sofa isn’t a bad choice. Besides i will be less likely to wake you up in the pain flares back up and the meds are right there. I think if I stayed on the sofa you’d be more comfortable and sleep better.” Because he had a feeling that him and sleep were not going to get along tonight. As for rolling well that was a danger whether he was in the bed or not. Though he had become less wiggly than before and his injury would probably keep him in one spot more or less.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 am

He would snort. ‘’ ‘Personal choice’. There’s that and then there’s being irresponsible. That’s like saying a completely dumb and incorrect opinion is valid and shouldn’t even be refuted against simply because everyone has a right for an opinion. Honestly, alcohol and the like aren’t a necessity for life, so people ought to be able to control the amount they consume in line with how it makes them act. Letting everyone go overboard left and right because it’s a choice is what causes the existence of so many even dangerous addicts and such.’’ There’s a good reason why stuff such as alcohol, drugs and whatever is risky. Yeah, so maybe some people wouldn’t like it. But it’s technically for their own as well as everyone else’s good. It’s already enough that alcohol can be brought just about anywhere these days, and even people who shouldn’t drink can get their hands on it without too much hassle. If nothing else, it could be less tolerated out in public spaces. All those complainers can go drink themselves stupid at home, and if they end up at ER or somewhere due to overdoing it, it’ll only be their own damn fault and at least they won’t endanger someone else for no reason while at it.

In any case, that was that on the helpfulness issue for now and he would just shake his head at the blanket situation. ‘’No, I won’t be comfortable with multiple blankets. It gets heavy and unpleasant. That would probably keep me up more than a bit of cold.’’ He always stuck with just one. And if really need be, then he would look for a thicker blanket instead of grabbing two thinner ones. It gets messy anyway. Several blankets would tangle with each other and slide around easily and eventually you’d end up with one half on you, another pooled at your feet and the third hanging off the bed or something. Not what he wanted to bother with at night.

‘’I don’t think laying down makes much difference unless you plan to twist your upper body around into weird positions for some unknown reason. Besides, wouldn’t sitting be bad for your neck instead?’’ If you sleep while sitting, your head would likely fall to the side or such unless lucky, and being in that position the whole night can just cause strain and cramps in the neck and whatnot. He would frown. ‘’Anyway, I wasn’t asking this for myself. You won’t be convincing me by turning it into a matter of how comfortable I am going to be when this is mostly about you. To be honest, I tend to wake up here and there by myself as is. I don’t sleep straight for the whole night, so you would likely not disturb me a whole lot in the end. Assuming I’ll even sleep a whole lot since I’m not tired right now. The coffee didn’t help that either.’’ Meh. He wasn’t too picky anyhow. And if he had to, he’d just go get the guy painkillers himself. Less pained shuffling around and all.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 pm

“Well, I can’t argue with that reasoning, but at the same time us little folk can’t do anything alone except protect what is ours and try to lay ground rules down so that shit happens less and less around our places. It would be nice if a tighter grip was on drinking considering it does a whole lot more harm than some other things, but that one is a long fight. Though who knows maybe one day that battle will be won and things will happen to improve things. Until then we do what we gotta do to make now the best it can be.” Yes alcohol, drugs, and even opinions were risky, but unless some folk in higher power listened and cracked down on things all one could do was try to survive within the rules...even at times if that meant throwing your own self on the line to protect those from the nuts. The world could be cold like that at times and one just had to learn to fight and survive….or at least that is what the demon had learned over time.

Dumb loopholes and injustices aside though, the conversation would eventually roll over to blankets. The demon’s eyebrows would raise a bit at that one. “Mmm..Well I suppose they can get hot if there are too many to contend. Even so, if you needed one there are thicker blankets about and I find socks help too in the situation.” Though he always seemed to lose one during sleep, but oh well. He could sleep in a nest of blankets if they were done right, but having them all piled up on him wouldn’t be too great considering the heat would be his main issue. Speaking of issues, let’s speak about bed arrangements shall we?

“Well I don’t plan to twist or anything like that so I guess I’ll see when I do attempt to sleep. As for my neck it could be if I don’t prop myself up properly.” He did have the tendency to fold and yeah he knew a lot about crooks in the neck alright; however, for this he’d make sure to prop himself up well enough so that could be avoided. That aside, the demon would blink a couple of times as he looked up at the other with narrowed eyes. He opened his mouth as if he was about to protest, but then closing it again he would shake his head a bit with a small sigh.

“You say that, but it I don’t think it fair to chance disrupting what sleep you do get. Even less so when I can’t tell I won’t be a pain in the ass with this injury. As for going to bed, I wasn’t saying go to bed now. The bed is there whenever you feel like crashing,” he would say with a small smile. “Though coffee keeps you awake? For me it just makes me comfortable and more inclined to go to sleep if I am tired enough.”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:37 pm

‘’Makes you wonder where society is headed some days….’’ They seemed to focus on less important things, and if they did actually hit something good…it took forever to change anything or flat out failed to pass. Lovely, really.

‘’I’ll just stick with a better blanket if need be. Socks are annoying. Don’t work right away anyway, and then have to take them off in the middle of the night because it’s too hot instead.’’ He’d probably fall asleep before it had any serious effect and then just wake later due to it being uncomfortable already. He didn’t do that kind of stuff unless it was so freezy it was literally unbearable to go without all these extra protection layers. They weren’t living on Antarctica though, so that was a very rare occurrence even during winters. He wasn’t about to lose it with just a bit of cold. He would shrug a bit. ‘’I’d think sitting is actually more risky since you could fall over to the side completely on accident and whatever. You don’t have a fully secure seat here that would hold you in position all the time.’’ It’s arguably easier to do on car/train etc. seats maybe. A sofa is wide, thus you won’t have something supporting you on both sides properly, meaning you could just slide to the side entirely while asleep. And he doubted the other wanted to crash onto his side right now. Might as well lay down on it carefully to begin with instead, if anything.

He would sigh. ‘’Well, I said I don’t mind, so? You make it sound like I can’t even make a choice in this because you don’t think it fair. It’s not like I’m not aware of what I am doing. You know, you can sometimes focus on yourself too instead of always trying to make it better for everyone else no matter what.’’ The guy was honestly too stubborn for his own good in this area. He’d almost swear that one day he’d see the other trying to treat others while he himself is half-dying or something. It didn’t even sound too farfetched. Honestly though, if someone says they’re fine with it and are okay with doing it, what’s the point in trying to convince them otherwise forever? Unless the person is dumb they probably understand the risks, and waving them around as a shield is not going to change one’s mind at that point. ‘’Yes and no. It varies on the day. It usually just doesn’t do anything for me, but I was already more awake than I probably should be at this time of night, so a caffeine dose likely wasn’t of much help there.’’ Whatever though. If he didn’t sleep a lot, it wouldn’t be a huge deal. He’d do it tomorrow instead…
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 pm

“Sometimes it does.” Humans and demons alike seemed to have where to focus their priorities the most in all the wrong places and then were reluctant to act when something needed to be done to make something better. It was strange how the world worked on such a broken system. Very strange…

“I don’t mind them too much, though I always end up losing one in the bed so I dunno sometimes. Either way, I’ll leave ya to it since you know what is best for you in that department.” Everyone had their prefrences after all, so the demon wouldn’t push the blanket matter too much. As long as the other was comfortable, he was happy.

“Mmm. Well that is true. I guess I would have to attempt lay down and see how that works out.” Though he wondered how well that would work out on the sofa.and even if it did work out, would he be able to get up on his own again? Hmmm, the small worries that he kept to himself. That aside it would seem the other wasn’t backing down with the bed issue. To what he heard the demon would shake his head a bit.

“I think I take into consideration myself in these offers. I mean I am still resting aren’t I? So does it matter if I lay on a bed or not?” Yeah he would be a bit stubborn here, but honestly the demon didn’t know any better. Even if the other was okay with him being in the bed with him, he didn’t want to ruin his sleep. Even if he had to suffer a bit of discomfort, the demon didn’t find the price all that bad if his guest could sleep soundly. Besides he didn’t get what was so bad about giving his guest the better sleeping option anyway. Perhaps he was too stubborn or perhaps too well trained to serve versus be served. It was a bad habit that could land him in trouble if he wasn't smart enough to recognize when someone was taking advantage of him. Sure his kindness could get him in all kinds of unpleasant places if he wasn't careful, but at the same time no one ever resisted him enough to flip the tables to show him it was okay to not worry about others and actually be taken care of. Perhaps this was a trait that could be worn down through experience. Who knew?

“Mmm. Caffeine rarely gets me through the day even less so at night time. If anything it can make me crash harder depending on the day, but that is about it.” Coffee was more of a comfort thing for him anyway, so maybe that is why his brain didn’t register it with high energy, but with rest instead.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:39 am

Well, most of the talk was finally dying down there. There was no need to drag out what was already settled though, so he wasn’t going to try. Although, if the other was worried that laying down was not going to be good on the sofa…then maybe he should stop being a mule and not wanting to move anywhere else. It’s really as simple as that. Plus, he could always help the guy get up if they were together and all that. There would be no issue to worry about if the other stopped thinking for a second that he had to always hold himself up alone and be helping others instead at any cost.

He would roll his eyes slightly. ‘’Yes, totally. I’d bet that if you didn’t have a sofa or something you’d be trying to argue that you can sleep on the floor and be just fine because it’s still resting. It kind of matters because there’s a difference. A sofa isn’t made to be a bed even though it can be used as one if really needed for a good reason. I think you should honestly not be trying to purposefully cling onto the worse options, and especially when you’re not even completely healthy.’’, he would shake his head. ‘’And I already told you, I’m fine with it. If you can go and try to be pushy about someone else being more comfortable than you, what is so wrong about it being the other way around at least when you need it if you can’t stop being thickheaded otherwise? You’re a person just like everyone else is.’’ And it would honestly start getting annoying past a certain point. Did the other really want to end up arguing himself into a position where he would honestly just stop giving a fuck and leave the guy by himself even if he was wiggling in pain or something? Because he could certainly do that if that’s what the demon was so eager to receive. But then it would be too late to complain about him being rude and whatnot, considering he was giving the guy plenty chances to begin with. Even he was going to extend a hand only for so long before just shrugging and letting the person eat their own shit for a while. Perhaps that would help them realize they can’t always reject help and make excuses. One day they’d end up in serious need for it, and no one will really want to care anymore after having been told to buzz off all the time before.

‘’It works for me if I take a higher amount at once. I normally don’t need it during the day, but I also rarely drink it at night so I’m not really used to this. I think I’d just be up regardless though.’’ Tonight was just not it for him. He was being too restless, and all this stuff that was happening all of a sudden did nothing to cool that off at all. Nevertheless, he’d be fine. One night of less sleep wasn’t going to kill him.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:31 am

To what was said the demon would watch the other quietly for a bit wanting to resist, but in the end knew he couldn’t. He would need the assistance and the last thing he wanted was to chase the other away right now for something like this. It was hard submitting, but in the end he would break eye contact as golden orbs lowered. “...Alright. You win….” he would grumble still not really sure what to do with the emotion inside. On one side, he was agitated because why should guest take care him, but on the other he was happy? Well he guess that what it was. Like some sort of relief or something of that nature though what over the demon could not pin-point. Either way, he had lost the sofa battle so he guess he would be sleeping with the other in the end.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, the demon would shift a bit on the sofa and moved the ice pack to check on the area. It seemed the swelling had gone down a bit, but the bruising was more apparent against his pale skin. He would move the ice pack elsewhere around the wound for now. He would ice for a few more minutes before he’d remove it. For now though, he just let out a breath as he stared ahead for a bit seeming a bit grumpy, but at least not fighting. In any case, he’d seem to release whatever was bothering him as the subject turned to coffee.

“High doses? Man I don’t veer to those often. I kind of balance things and would be highly surprise if my coffee had you ping off the wall since it doesn’t have a ton of caffeine to begin with. As for sleep well we’ll see how it goes. I am usually up past this point anyway due to the job.” He was night owl due his work. He still preferred his days, but he wondered how long he’d stay up when he was already feeling a bit drained from what had happened anyway. Hmmm...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 am

‘’I’m sure it’ll be fine.’’ Despite the circumstances, he didn’t think it would be that bad. And besides, even if the other had ended up sleeping here…well, were something to happen that would need him to come over, he’d have to get up and move. At least this way, taking care of any possible issue would be way simpler for both of them. Outside of the fact that a bed was just a better option than the sofa, one way or another. They probably wouldn’t even be able to switch since he likely wouldn’t fit onto the thing properly, so the options really were only between sharing the bed or the other staying here. And he doubted anyone would want to sleep on the floor…

‘’Well, I doubt it would be that severe. Though a lack of caffeine can easily be countered by using more of the coffee at once, and I don’t particularly always watch just how much I use.’’, he would shrug slightly. Oops? It’s not like it was that easy to completely overdose, so he was typically more or less whatever with it. Though, admittedly it could get pretty bitter that way….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 pm

“Mmm. We’ll see." And indeed they would. While he wasn’t exactly a 100% on board with this due to hardheaded reasons of his own, the side of him that was more rational and instinctual seemed to see more benefits to the arrangement either way. While the downside was that he could potentially disrupt sleep or wiggle about too much, on the other hand he did see the pros of being closer to someone else in this situation. He most certainly wouldn’t put his guest on the sofa or the floor and while the floor could be nice at times, he highly doubted his body would appreciate that one bit. If anything it may just agitate whatever was going on with his side. No need for that. So he submitted to the arrangement.

Despite the small snag things would smooth over well enough as they got on the subject of coffee and caffeine. The demon would let out a soft “heh” at that one as he shook his head. “I used to do that a while back, but lip twitches kind of made me pull back in that department. So cut back to half decaf. Drink the stuff like it’s going out of style though, so I wonder if I am just defeating the purpose of it being half.” What could say he loved his coffee, but as much as he loved it he knew this was a topic that couldn’t last forever. The demon was quiet for a moment as he reached up his freehand to untie the ribbon he had around his neck still pulling the object off the moment the ends were free. It felt a bit odd not having something there, but for the moment at least he live without the familiar weight of a collar. Resting the ribbon on his leg, he would eventually speak again. “So tell me. You still do graphics? Or do you do something else for a living?” The guy was pretty good at it before and while he didn’t say it he still had that little graphic the other had made for him a while back. It was cute so he kept it.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:50 pm

‘’Well, I wouldn’t know. I don’t drink it too much. Only when I happen to remember to.’’ Which was hardly often. Coffee wasn’t one of the first things on his mind at all. He was way more likely to just grab a glass of water and be content with that, seeing as it was a way quicker solution to a lack of liquids anyway. And when he did spend more time on getting a drink, he was still more likely to make himself tea over coffee. He kind of liked the taste of that more, and it was less bland too since he could change tea flavors here and there at least. Unlike coffee where it was typically more or less the same thing….outside of maybe how much sugar and stuff was added, but he just drank it black most of the time anyway.

He would blink a bit, watching the other do his thing before shrugging lightly at the question. ‘’I usually stick to that. It works well since I can just work from home for the most part. I’m not a big fan of spending hours on end in an office or somewhere daily.’’ Ehhh, well he could do it if he really had no other choice, but that was honestly boring for him. A more flexible schedule was more to his tastes, and it also made it much easier to go do other things when they came up without needing to be calling in to take days off and all that mumbo-jumbo. He honestly found some of those systems rather irritating. On that note though…’’What made you change your job?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 pm

"Ah not a big coffee person are ya? Then what would you prefer?" the demon would ask as he rested his head against the back of the sofa so he could see the other easily enough without having to move about too much. He liked tea when it was cold and he had some varieties of hot tea he could enjoy to; however, he had to be in the mode to drink where as coffee he could drink any time same as water. Maybe it was the smell that did it, but he really enjoyed it coffee beyond just the taste; however, that was a rant for another time.

In any case, he didn't seemed too phased by the other watching him when he took off the ribbon, the demon seeming not notice too much until the other answered his question. "Mmm. Well at least you have an ideal spot and something that works for ya, so that is good," the demon would say with a light nod and then hearing the questioned posed to him, he would hum lightly. "Well, the bookstore was nice, but they decided to move to a location way out so I was kind of without a normal job for a bit. i decided to try something that kept me more active and challenged me all at once. Wasn't too sure of the restaurant business at first, but I liked the owner and well I just took a leap of faith to see where it got me. Paid off in the end. I work for good folk and get paid well enough for my work and I am never bored so that is a plus."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 pm

‘’I usually just drink either water or tea. Besides, coffee doesn’t have a whole lot going for it taste wise outside of being bitter, and since it doesn’t have a huge effect on me most of the time, I just don’t have a lot of reason to overdo it. Wouldn’t want to develop a caffeine addiction for no reason.’’ That would just be an annoyance. It’s best not to get too attached to certain things, because then it just becomes a hassle when you happen to not be able to get any and your body starts complaining about that and all that useless jazz. He didn’t have a need for the coffee, so why would he go and drown himself in it?

He would snort. ‘’I would probably grow gray hair if I had to be a waiter. Being too much of a people person is just not for me….’’ That was one of the last things on his mind, usually. Not to say that he wouldn’t be capable of it, but his style would probably be different than what is typical, and it would likely be more tiring for him than something to use to chase away boredom. He wasn’t even too bored when he could be on his own. ‘’Speaking of changes though….why did you move?’’ Didn’t the other just recently move in at his old place back then? It has been only a year and half and he was somewhere else again now.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:55 pm

“Well tea ain’t so bad. I’ll drink when I am in the mood, but coffee is something else. I like the various flavors it comes in and also the different beans and scents. It isn’t always bitter depending on how it is made. Though I enjoy it for the experience versus trying to get it some extra umph from caffeine. I do drink it alot, but I am not the guy that walks around with the damn coffee pot all day or a giant gallon size cup full of the stuff to keep me running. I am good with a cup or two a day or none at all depending on my mood. It is kind of like a good drink to just kick back and relax with you know?” The demon would say before shifting a bit to take the ice pack off. He would place the bag of ice on the table for now making sure to sit up right so it would balance versus slosh out if it laid on its side. He would get his cup of coffee, the small actions causing a bit of pain, but nothing the demon couldn’t manage as he settled back in his spot again before taking a drink of the now warm liquid.

His eyes would drift over to the other as he spoke on being a people giving the other a light smile as he shook his head. ‘Well it isn’t for everyone, but it plays into my strengths and despite how I can be i am alright with people for extended periods of time. I enjoy the energy of they create.” The demon didn’t just do the job to be not bored. He actually being around people and helped him not get so depressed. Yes he could manage on his own for a bit, but he did need people at times keep himself balanced. This did not mean he needed tons of friends or a crazy social life. No. No. He needed his quiet and me time too. That aside, the demon would sigh a bit at the next one.

“You’d be surprise what bad management can do to the place. They just weren’t keeping their shit together and weren’t exactly being helpful when something went down, so after dealing with it for a few months I was like screw it and hunted for a better place for me and the kid. This place is nicer, has folk that while a bit odd get stuff done, and is a place I am paying to keep versus rent out. Plus it nice to be walking distance from my work and I don’t have to go far to find entertainment being here. All around it was a win in comparison to where I was before. Much happier too.” The demon would say and then pausing he would tilt his head at the other. “Now that I think on it. I never did ask, but where do you live anyway? I always brought you home, but you never took me home with ya. Also you still got your wild child?”

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

He would huff. ''You say that like tea doesn't have plenty flavors and scents. The only difference is that the source aren't beans.'' And technically coffee doesn't always have to be bitter...but to be honest, most of the time it does end up being so, if only a little bit. He usually did not put in any sugar or stuff, so that definitely didn't help with making a softer flavor either. Nevertheless, he didn't want candy coffee either way. He would rather get himself some dessert or whatever than loading up sugar into his drinks. ''Either way, I don't find coffee that relaxing. It's more likely to get me jittery, if it even does anything.'' So it was honestly whatever. He sometimes drank it once a day, but the majority of the time he didn't even think of it.

''Well, you're more social than I am. I find too many people tiring. It's more of an energy drain than the opposite.'' He was fine when hanging with one person or at best a very small group, but any kind of bustling crowd? God forbid he'd find that truly enjoyable. Tolerable for a while maybe, but that's about as far as it went.

That aside, he would shrug lightly at the living place business. ''Not in the middle of the city, that's for sure. This isn't really for me. I like quieter places. And yes, I do.'' Ehhh, well he wouldn't die out here but it would certainly not be his go to choice if he were to ever move or such. He honestly didn't mind the bit of travel when he needed to go to the busier parts, and he would rather stick with doing that than moving so he could be close all the time.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:10 pm

"Nah. That is not what I meant. I know tea can be enjoyable and has various flavors and all, but I've had more luck on coffee flavors than with tea. Most that I've gone out on a limb try have been...less than pleasant in the tea department, so I stick with just a few." Maybe he was just bad at picking the right flavors or something, but he much rather coffee flavors over tea ones. Though dessert sorts were pushing the limits. He did like to add things yes, but he wasn't looking for something super sweet when it came to his drinks. He kind of like a little bite in it. "That can happen if the caffeine is high in it, but I guess it effects everyone differently. For me, it usually just makes me comfortable and warm versus pump me up." Maybe his body was immune to the caffeine or so used to it that it didn't care anymore. The mysteries.

"I guess I am and it does drain you by the end of the day, but for me that isn't so bad." He could handle people for a large period of time when it came to his job; however, in his personal life he preferred a close friend or very small group himself, so at least on that front him and the other were similar.

Speaking of personal life, the demon would smirk as he looked at the other. "Oho gonna be vague with me huh?" the demon would tease a bit and then becoming a bit more serious, he would close his eyes with a hum. "A quiet place. perhaps one day I'll get that dream house away from the insanity life out in the country or even better on the beach. That would be nice." The image in his head made him smile a bit quiet content though after a while he would open an eye and look back over at the other. "You said a quieter place, so you live out in the country or something?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 pm

''Meanwhile, I find most coffee flavors to be too similar to each other. It always has the same bitter-like taste in the end.'' Unless you found something really exotic, but even then in the end it was typically just the base coffee taste plus a bit of flavoring. Maybe his taste buds weren't good enough or something, but he usually had a hard time picking out the specific flavor. At least tea flavors made it fundamentally different in most cases, and he didn't have trouble with most of them. ''I tend to be restless even without caffeine in the first place. It usually doesn't do anything to me, but on the occasion it does, it's the less pleasant effect.'' He didn't need to be even more jumpy, to be honest. He liked to have some chill, and he found coffee to not be any help with that.

''At the end of the day....make it more like after 2 or so hours for me. It's not even fun either. I don't like noisy places and all. That's just headache inducing.'' He got sensory overload fairly easily, so he preferred to either avoid very crowded places or make sure he didn't spend way too long in one unless he had to. He'd rather buzz off to somewhere quieter. A little bit of engagement is okay, but the moment it started getting chaotic or too busy for him to follow, it was more unpleasant than anything. Not his idea of a relaxing time.

He would raise an eyebrow. ''Is it? Did you expect me to just tell you my address flat out or something?'' That wouldn't even really tell the guy much about where unless he knew where it was by the name of the street or such. He would snort. ''Living on the beach. That sounds like a very salty life.'' Being near all that salt water and sand all the damn time could wear out on you eventually. ''No, not exactly. I just meant not right in the dead center or the busiest places of the city. There are parts of the city that don't have constant heavy buzz happening nearby.'' It didn't necessarily have to be literally on the outskirts or such. Even he didn't like to have to travel everywhere for so long, and if he lived in a rather removed place like that, he would have nothing close enough.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:18 am

“I suppose some can, but most of the time I can taste the difference and I notice the smoothness of how each goes down. Tea on the other hand kind blends in flavor wise to me unless it is green versus a black or something like that.” He could taste flavors and such, but every time he tried a flavor tea it turned out less than desirable. Hmm. Maybe he was prepping it wrong, but it seemed his favorite was on the rather bitter side anyway, so perhaps his taste buds were geared towards something different. Though he had to admit tea worked wonders when was sick or had a sore throat. Teas aside though, the demon would give a nod at the next bit. “I hear ya there.” Caffeine could be problematic even more so when your natural state was wired in some fashion.

“Heh. Well I deal with them 8 or more hours during the week. For the most part is alright and the sound and crowds don’t bother me too much. At work I am fine with it, but on a personal level I prefer small and quiet to get away from it and chill.” People were nice, but there needed to be an end to it and on his days off, he did mostly quiet things anyway unless something came up to change that.

As for what was said next, the demon raised his eyebrow at this one as he looked at the other a bit amused by something. “Are you afraid I am going to stalk you if you give it?” Not that he’d actually do that.  The guy didn’t have to tell him his address, but still... “ In any case not really. A street address won’t paint a picture unless I know exactly which street you live on. Even so I was expecting a bit more description than just a quiet place is all,” he would pause a bit his eyes closing a bit with the dull throb of pain that passed by. Once it had settled, he would reopen his eyes, narrowing them a bit at the other for focus. “As for the beach, I think that is the best place for me outside of a home out in the country. I think it would be relaxing and just right.” Nice quiet places to enjoy nature and just rest. He suppose he could find such a bit away from the city too if he could find a place built for that purpose. Speaking of places in the city…”That is true. So you live out in subura then?” There were some nice homes and apartments away from the hustle and bustle of life so maybe the guy lived over there.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:42 am

Eh? ‘’What even decides how smooth it is? It’s literally just coffee flavored water, unless you try to eat the beans too or something. It makes no difference to me whichever kind I drink. I’ve never had coffee I liked too much, nor one I hated.’’ The differences were typically too minor to matter to him. And he didn’t see how there could be a difference in how they go down. If you have trouble swallowing it or something, then it’s probably just you disliking the taste enough to make it problematic for you, or something alongside those lines. It isn’t like coffee actually has texture as long as you’re only drinking the liquid part of it.

Moving on from drink preferences though, he would shrug lightly at the people situations. ‘’I can work with people when it’s one or one or such. Big crowds are usually a no, unless I want to risk getting a headache or such after a few hours. You don’t want me in a highly busy environment unless it’s only for fairly short bursts of time.’’ Plenty breaks please. He didn’t think he could handle 8 hours of playing a talkative extroverted waiter without feeling like shit in some way afterwards. He was able to entertain, but not for very long. Those types of jobs and all were simply not for him unless he could somehow do shorter shifts or half-half with something less people oriented in the mix.

‘’Well if you did, I’d just have to deal with it somehow.’’ He wouldn’t be too amused if someone decided to be a stalker of course, but that wasn’t really something he had on his mind anyway. Not right now. ‘’…I just have no idea what to say. I find most of the information I can think of irrelevant. I don’t know what you’re looking for, but I doubt it’d help you to know what color the front door is or something like that….’’ What should he say? That there’s a sidewalk and some trees there? That could describe nearly any place anyway, and he was having a hard time thinking of what could be unique enough to be worth mentioning. He would huff with a slight meh face at the beach topic. ‘’I’ve lived close by the sea when I was young. Never again, unless I don’t have a better choice. I’m fine with going to the beach for a vacation or a trip sometime if it’s close enough, but living there all the time doesn’t appeal to me much. I do like nature, but if I had to pick I’d rather be near a forest or such.’’ Screw that stuff. He didn’t like sand enough for that, and maybe not for everyone but for him the salty air of the sea got old very quickly. Not something he wanted to breathe day and night without break. Clear fresh air yes, but not that kind, thank you very much.

‘’I…guess? I’m not sure about those labels and what all falls within them, but I suppose it’s something like that, yes.’’ He never really needed to know that, nor did he care too much. What mattered is that he had a place to live anyway.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:14 pm

The demon would shake his head with a light chuckle. “No this isn’t smooth in the literal sense. It’s more like how some coffees have more bite than others. A smooth one you won’t notice the bitterness and it is just all around good. The opposite in is something super bitter for example. I typically enjoy most coffees, but there are a few that are just like no.” The same could be said of the tea family; however….”To each their own though.” So he preferred coffee over tea and the other preferred the opposite. Well at least they both could tolerate the other end, so it wasn’t like they couldn’t settle on something to drink in the end.

“My tolerance for folk is higher than yours in that department. Sounds like that would be a rough spot for you to be in. Are you sensitive to sound and high activity or is it just a general thing?” For himself the matter of tolerance was situational. Most of the time he was alright, but sometimes even one person would be too much depending on how he was feeling at the moment. Well now. Time to turn the people tolerance topic to one about stalkers now.

“You wouldn’t try to get rid of me if I became one?” The demon would ask as he raised an eyebrow curiously at the other. If he became a stalker wouldn’t that just harm their relationship and turn him into something undesirable in the other’s eyes? Huh. Well that would go where it would, wouldn’t it? Anyway…

“You know what may be irrelevant to you might be vital to another. I am not asking for too much by asking for a bit to paint a picture in my head, so I can have a general area or look in mind, is it?” Sure, he wouldn’t be able to paint an exact picture and wouldn’t have anything to match it to until he actually saw the area with his own eyes, but it was nice to imagine what it might be like. Maybe he was odd for liking those details. “Anyway, unless you told me what your place looked like no I wouldn’t be able to tell the door color or something odd like that. Speaking of that you live in a house?” Well he suppose it could be apartments too, but if he mention door color then wouldn’t that be a house thing? Unless it was a really colorful apartment complex...and that just made him think of a gingerbread house. Why?

Strange thoughts aside, he would hum at the next topic. “I’ve always wanted to be close to the water. I like the sounds of the waves and watching the life out there. It is freeing,” he would say as he closed his eyes with a small smile. “It’s been forever since I actually been to the beach though. It would be nice to go again. Maybe I can add it onto my list of travels and things to do in this life. As for forests, those are some good places to be. Lots of love, warmth, and peace there, but perhaps due to living near or in them a good chunk of time I choose the water instead to live closest to.” Each had their perks and like anywhere you settled they could lose their magic after a while, but hey that what vacationing/traveling was for right?

“Perhaps I should’ve just said the suburbs,” the demon would say with a sheepish smile as one of his ears folded down a bit with the expression. “Anyway, must be peaceful in comparison to here.”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 pm

‘’I’m not sure if there’s a coffee that doesn’t actually taste bitter at all. Not unless you put sugar and stuff in it. Which I usually don’t.’’ If it tastes sweet or whatever just by itself, it makes one wonder what is even in it. That’s like having a cake and it being more salty than sweet. You’d probably think something is off for sure.

He would shrug. ‘’Maybe. I do tend to feel worse if I have to go through a lot of that. Though it’s a general thing too in a sense. I’m in no way a natural extrovert or something, and I rarely try to pretend much.’’ It wasn’t very beneficial for him in most cases, so why would he do it? If he could accomplish what he needed to without making himself miserable somehow, then he would obviously choose to do so. ‘’I’d probably tell you to stop.’’ Well, getting rid of someone right away doesn’t sound right. If they refuse to listen to reason and keep being disrespectful though then yes, but it wouldn’t be his first course of action. Probably.

He would snort. ‘’Considering that you’re asking me, then I’ll sadly have to inform you that it probably is a lot. My visual memory for things like that is kind of terrible. I can hardly make a solid image in my head despite knowing the place…so how could I describe it enough to make you have any useful idea?’’ Yeah no. The way he recalled a lot of physical surroundings was just fuzzy, and he didn’t really want to blurb out something messed up. There was no point if the other ended up imagining something completely off the mark thanks to his horrible attempts at giving a description. He’d probably blank even when asked to detail a place he saw just a short while ago. It’s best to not be asking him such things, probably….’’Hmmm no. I like houses but it’s not worth it owning such a big place by yourself. I’d prefer to stick to apartments unless I end up living with someone else and the decision lands elsewhere.’’ Most houses are a bit too spacious for one person. What would he do with all that space? That’s a lot of money to pay for what you won’t use to its fullest extent. On that note…the door color thing was just a random thought that popped into his head at that moment. It honestly wasn’t related to anything like that. Besides, even apartment complexes could have varying door colors. Usually the bland ones like black, brown or maybe white but nevertheless, it wasn’t just one universal color for everyone.

‘’I don’t dislike water but it’s not high on my list. Been there, done that and I can honestly say I don’t particularly miss that kind of living style. I prefer beaches and the like as something to visit occasionally. That’s more than enough for me.’’ He has been to forests too, and so far he’d say he was more inclined to stick around there. It suited his tastes a bit better. ‘’…is that supposed to be different somehow? I think I’m none the wiser either way.’’ As he said, he didn’t really know left from right when it came to these city part names and whatever. In any case, he would just huff faintly. ‘’In a way, yes.’’ Though to be honest it was tough to tell. He’s only been here for a short while and late at night nonetheless. Not enough to get a good reading of the place.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:58 pm

“Mmm. Maybe, but I would still argue some has more bite than the other.” Even if you just drank coffee black some just went down better than others. That never changed.

“Hmm, so you’d get stressed out even if someone was with you knew?” He didn’t classify himself an extrovert himself. Sure he was friendly and could manage people, but at the end of the day he kept to himself and only opened up to those he trusted..a number that was probably about two at the moment, but he was slow to make friends and even slower to trust. Was it a bad thing? Maybe and then again maybe not. The demon honestly didn’t think to much on it as his mind drifted from people to other topics.

“Well that is kind of ya to give someone that option, but what if the person just wouldn’t go away?” Some folk could be persistent so what happened if words did not stop them? Would on resort to the law? Or perhaps taking matters into their own hands to stop the pest? He knew he’d probably fall in the latter category and if that failed then he’d get the law involved. Stalking aside though the demon would find himself blinking a bit at the other as he shook his head a bit with. “Your memory is that bad on description. Then how the hell do you find your way around?” It seemed a bit odd to not be able to remember a detail, yet still know how to get to certain places. Di he memorize in another fashion or something? “On that note, how will I be able to find ya if I wanted to drop by for whatever reason when you can’t give me a lay out of some sort?” He didn’t need super details, but he did better with finding things via landmarks and such. Hmm, ah well.

“That is cool and I’d have to agree. Houses are best when you have another to share it with and also to help you with the maintenance and other things.” It was quite the investment a house was, but an investment better used by multiple folk versus one. He supposed some liked all that space, but him? Not really. Meant more to clean and lord knows he liked to keep cleaning on the low end of the chart if he could manage.

“I could handle visiting them if I was with someone that preferred that over staying there, but I also wouldn’t mind living there.” It was just something special for him much like the forest. There was something there that just put him at ease and he could forget about his worries for once. Perhaps it was that peace that made him want to live there outside of just a view. Beach aside though….

“Well derp. I guess not.” He knew the pieces of the city a bit, but he suppose it was quite meaningless if the one hearing the terms didn’t know what they meant to begin. Ah well. It wasn’t like the guy not knowing it was the end of the world or something, so he would let this one go easily enough unless the other wanted to go deeper into the matter. “Mmm. Is that so. Well how far off from the city do you live then? Is it close enough for it to get crazy like over here?” Yeah, the apartments here were mostly quiet, but boy was it home to some characters and outside of this place? Please that was whole different ball of fun.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Eh. He would just shrug at that. With how ‘often’ he drank coffee in the first place, he didn’t have that many of them to compare there. So whatever.

‘’….that depends on how you mean it? I’m more or less okay with people I know…but if you mean like having such a person with me alongside the crowd, it probably wouldn’t change a lot. It doesn’t make the buzz disappear. I still prefer a quieter environment.’’ He wasn’t sure how the guy meant that. Yes, he was more comfortable with people he knew decently well, but that would change nothing about his response to big crowds in the end. And even if he somehow knew everyone in the crowd…well, he would still want to excuse himself away fairly early. That’s just how he was. Personally, he was an introvert in more ways than one. He could technically put on an outgoing face for short amounts of time, or when he was really interested in something, but it wasn’t an easy job for him and would likely tire him out pretty quickly. The less people, the longer he would probably manage, but at the end of the day he still liked his alone time one way or another. No matter how much he liked someone.

‘’Then I’d have to employ more drastic measures. It’s not like I plan to tolerate someone ignoring my privacy forever.’’ He’d give them a chance to back off at first, yes, but if they failed to take the hint even then…well, he was surely going to do something, depending on what kind of situation it was. He didn’t enjoy dealing with the law, but if he really had to go as far as that, then he would. He would scratch his cheek with a sigh. ‘’I remember where or which way I need to go. And it’s not bad in a way that I absolutely don’t know how anything looks, but it’s very vague. It becomes fuzzy unless I make special effort to remember clearly. I suppose my imagination is more abstract. You could try to describe a place to me and I likely wouldn’t be able to put together a proper image of it in my head without actually seeing it in reality.’’ He was just bad at that type of stuff. He didn’t rely on concrete imagery like that unless it was a necessity for some reason. He had his own ways of making things work. Though admittedly, it didn’t change that he could easily be clueless about some things, so it was certainly there. Gotta deal with what you’ve got though. ‘’Uhh, I suppose I could take you there once? You’d know after that, right?’’ He honestly didn’t have a much better solution than that.

Hmm. Well he didn’t have much to say towards the house matter nor the living place discussion, so moving on for now. ‘’I’m not sure what crazy means to you. That can happen anywhere depending on what kind of people live in said building. As for outside though…well, it probably doesn’t most of the time. I don’t live completely on the outskirts, but near the city center is just its own category so I can’t compare it to that, obviously.’’ Honestly, any other district was probably marginally quieter/calmer than the main parts of the city, so that was that.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm

The demon let the coffee subject die as he blinked quietly and looked away from the other as he leaned back to look at the ceiling for a bit. He remained watching the ceiling as he heard the answer given and responded. “Well you more or less understood what I was saying and even if you gave me the information I sought,” the demon would say as he closed his eyes. “Well that’s good to know. For myself, I am just a ball of nervous energy until I get used to the place enough to settle when I am on my own. Though a person I know is helpful. At least I can focus on that versus people around me so while I am nervous still, I settle way more nicely in a crowd with another there.” It was less awkward that way cause alone he just sort of didn’t know what to do with himself to be honest. Whether it was quiet or crowded, he just felt like everyone was looking at him and it took everything in him sometimes to just sit and be okay alone. It was strange considering his job and the way he performed would make it seem he was good at socializing and being in a crowd when in reality, he was so-so at it. He much rather be alone with nature or at home or somewhere where he could settle to meditate, draw, or write. If he did have someone to tag along it would be someone he trusted a great deal, but outside of that. No. He was a homebody venturing out when isolation was too much. His balance was strange, but it worked for him and helped him get through things. In the end. As for the stalker issue the demon would hum a bit at that one. "It seems we are similar in that department as far as getting the matter taken care of that is.” If he could handle the situation on his own he would he, leaving things such as the law and others out of the picture unless something came up to change that. It was simpler with less hands in the pot after all.

Speaking of simple, the next topic was a bit more complex in an interesting fashion for the demon as he recieved the answer on just how the other got where he needed to be and could remember how to get to back home.

“My brain is a bit more detail oriented as far as seeing places goes. I can recall quite well a place I have seen, but I must admit I do have my holes in memory too. For example, I know this place pretty well, but depending on where I am or what side of the city you are asking about I can often times see a location, but the path to it is all blurry and such. Like I can get there alright, but I couldn’t tell you how to get there. The less I travel in an area, the less likely I remember exactly what is called what.” Not that his sense of direction was great anyway, but outside of that he was pretty good at painting a picture in his head of a place or memorizing what it looked like once he saw the real thing. As for that question, the demon would smile a bit. ”I would like to go if you allow it. Though it would take me a couple of tries to memorize the way there on my own.” Seeing and being lead there would help yes, but until he familiarized himself with the path, it would end up like all the other things he could see. Locations with blurry pathways. Once he was familiar with an area though the clouds would lift and the path would be revealed even if it wasn’t some place he visited often.

“Crazy equals super active most of all the time. People are out and about all the time and while this location has its perks being in the middle of the city has its downside. Events can get pretty annoying sound wise and it doesn’t help that I can hear sirens even my dreams since the hospital is near this place and also car accidents are frequent around here. Not sure if this noise and activity level are like that on your end since you said you live a bit further away.” The city was a noisy place, but he was alright with that and could sleep through most of the sounds as long as they weren’t something to be concerned about. He didn’t live on the outskirts or any the quieter sections so he didn’t know what it was like to live without all the noise. Even in his older home the noise level was still high in comparison to other places that was more removed from the activity and chaos of a place that did not sleep.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top