Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

Mama Merk's Tavern

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mama Merk's Tavern

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:10 am

Hmmm. ‘’I suppose that’s different though. My issue has nothing to do with that. I don’t get nervous around people. I couldn’t care less about who and where. I just find interacting with too many people and all the disturbance associated with highly active places an energy drain, that’s all.’’ He wasn’t really all that awkward unless caught off guard pretty badly. It was just highly tiring for him to keep up with all of it. It was kind of like….he was good enough at socializing when he was put into a situation…but didn’t have enough batteries to last for as long as a lot of people could. Though admittedly he still preferred less people or being on his own, even if he could handle the crowds for a limited while. It was simply less bothersome and he didn’t enjoy being worn down anyway. Nevertheless, that’s why having a person he knew with him made no visible difference. He had a problem with something that couldn’t be cured by another person in the mix, no matter who it was. He just might need a break or leave the place early, depending on what it was and why was he there to begin with.

That said, they seemed to be more or less on the same page when it came to dealing with the law, so he wouldn’t comment on that further for the time being. When it came to the memory and mind differences though…He would furrow his brows in thought. ‘’I’m more likely to be able to navigate someone than to tell them what shape a building somewhere is. I can remember the basic necessary stuff to know how to get to a location and all, but I typically cannot describe the place itself in enough detail for the person to imagine it properly. My memory blurs out on the details of how things look..such as the exact placement of trees or lamp posts or whatever is there and the shapes or colors of things…sometimes even the names, but I can still tell where to go because I can remember the basic route and where to turn left or right and such.’’ It was an odd thing, but it worked fine for him. If he remembered which ways he needed to go, once he was already on the way and could see the places he was passing by with his own eyes, he would recognize he has already been there and all, which helped further choices as well. He just had a terrible time making an image purely out of his memory. He was bad with things like that through and through. Well, he kind of had a vague understanding…but he just wasn’t able to put it together with all the necessary details, thus trying to lay it out to someone would likely be a grade A fail. He would shrug. ‘’I can help you with getting there whenever you need it. As long as you can remember the place itself, you’re good.’’ That was the only real issue, but it shouldn’t be a big problem for the other, right?

He would shake his head. ‘’No. Well, I mean, I do hear sirens once in a while, and car accidents will happen just about anywhere in the city…but it’s not that frequent. There’s people living everywhere so some buzz happens anyway unless you live alone in some forgotten land. Generally though, I hear more birds chirping than other sounds.’’ And he preferred that anyway. City center was okay when he felt like going out here and there, but it was probably one of the last places he’d consider if he wanted to move elsewhere. Close to things indeed, and while not needing to travel much was nice…he’d rather give up some of his time on that than to live in constant noisiness. Not very enjoyable for him.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:30 am

“I see. Well now I know what to expect if I did invite you somewhere where the crowds gathered.” the demon said with a very faint nod and not much else for the time being. He didn’t have much to work on from there, the explanation clear enough and the words that came to his head just a repeat or not exactly adding anything to what had already been laid out. Though it made him wonder, had he not gotten injured how long would it have been before he looked and the other was gone thanks to his shift? He highly doubted the guy would linger about for no reason, so perhaps that window would’ve been missed? Hmm. Well there were many possibilities as to where that could’ve gone. Possibilities now closed off thanks to being in the past, so while the thought was there the demon didn’t do anything to bring it to the table.

Moving past that, the demon hummed lightly at the next topic. “I can kind of relate. That’s pretty much what my mind does to paths. Just make them blurred non-existent. And don’t get me started with direction giving. North, South, East, West and all that? Might as well be talking a different language to me. Like I get it, but that does not help me find things. Simple left, right or landmarks are way more useful than that.” He supposed they were both odd in that department. He was direction senseless most of the time and even stranger was even if he knew a place if someone was trying to give him directions to a place he wasn’t sure of all those streets and such were a jumble mess. Names of streets didn’t stick or something because when someone asked do you know where such and such street was, he kind of blanked…even if he knew exactly where it was. It was strange, but it seemed they both had their own systems that worked for them. “Mmm. That sounds like a nice trip for a later date and yeah, once I familiarize myself with the area I’ll be fine.” He could remember a place alright, it was really just navigating that was the problem at times, but that was okay. He’d figure it out.

The demon closed his eyes for a bit as he smiled a bit at that. “Mmm. Birds. I rarely hear them around here unless it super early. Have to get away from the city a bit to enjoy that. Though the buildings give a nice view of the stars. Still to fully immerse myself, I’ll travel out a bit or find one of the parks where it is quieter.” The city was a nice place to live in and convenient for those that didn’t mind the noise, but perhaps it was due to living in constant noise that the demon savored the quiet moments even more.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:51 am

‘’If you ever do, it’d be appreciated if you let me know it’s going to be busy ahead of time so I can at least prepare for that mentally. It’s a little better when it isn’t completely impromptu.’’ If he knew he was about to go into crowds before it happened, he could manage it a bit better than when he was just randomly thrown into in unplanned. It was still tiring of course, but he could navigate better when he was ready for it. He kind of knew he couldn’t always just avoid every place that had more people in it, so he had to at least find ways to compensate somehow. It wouldn’t be fair of him to expect to never be taken to a more active place. After all, just like he liked his quiet, there were people who wanted more exciting stuff sometimes. And it wasn’t like he couldn’t enjoy it at all, for some activities were still nice despite the tendency of them being crowded…he just had a more limited capacity and tolerance for it, that’s all. He wasn’t allergic to it or something as severe as that.

He would shrug. ‘’I can understand directions for the most part. I used to be bad at it, but it’s gotten better. It’s still easier for me than when someone is trying to tell me concrete details like names or appearances. Though I guess I try to make use of what I get.’’ He wouldn’t make the best human GPS, that was for sure but he could handle following directions. Whether it was left/right or north/south etc. Although the latter could be trickier sometimes. You can’t always tell for sure where north is if you’re at a random place. Flat directions are a safer option. He knew some street names…usually ones that were near his home or so, but outside of that he did not pay attention to what was called what, thus that was typically out of the window. Asking him for directions at random was probably a bad idea, unless you had at least a general area of where already, or you were lucky and he actually knew the place in more detail. He had a more intuitive understanding of directions and locations, rather than concrete visuals. Despite it being a lot of blurs and vagues he was able to get where he needed to by himself. He just kind of ‘knew’ where he needed to go. Trying to explain the route to someone else or such was a lot harder, and in the cases where it was a place he himself did not frequent a lot, nearly impossible…unless the other person was a master at understanding broken advice. For him it was more preferable to just take the person there himself over any other option. He would hum. ‘’Does that mean you get lost easily?’’ What if he did try to just explain how to get to his place? Would the guy manage to get there on his own or not? Well, he didn’t plan on taking that risk, but it was food for thought if nothing else.

He would lean against the back of the sofa slightly, looking up at the ceiling in thought. ‘’Traveling…do you go away a lot or is it just close by around here?’’ He vaguely remembered that the other wanted to go visit faraway places back then, but he had no idea whether the guy actually acted on that during the time they were apart or not yet.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:05 am

“Of course I will.” And so he would. Even without the warning he would’ve warned the guy anyway because honestly, he preferred to be warned too. While it was true he had some places he enjoyed that weren’t the quietest or the least crowded, at least in those cases he was okay with being in the mix alone because it was a spot he knew. However, when it came to new places, he preferred to know what he was in for versus being surprised and in turn stressed out by it, so he could understand the other’s side when it came to being prepared for those sort of places.

“I am the opposite. I do better with concrete details and street names versus north and south and vagueness. If I can see it already I am more likely to find it.” He was by far not a human GPS and did okay following directions...provided he didn’t overthink something or panic when things seemed to be taking longer than it should in his mind that is. Once he had a grip on the area, he noted things down to create a visual map in his mind that helped him navigate, so unless something dramatic happened to change the layout he was more or less good with going back to an area he had visited before and the more he did went there, the more solid that map became. Speaking of directions though…

The demon would finish off his coffee and rest the empty cup on his knee as he gave a light nod. “I do, but not due to direction given. It’s more of how my brain works and likes to complicate things. In the end though, I find my way and if I can’t well there is always GPS and calling out to someone if I’ve been invited somewhere.” And despite being lost and stressed at the time it happened, at least he learned an area unintentionally and felt more confident if he ended up back in that area again. Besides he left early enough because he knew he could get turned around easily, so even if he was a bit late at least it wasn’t to the point where it was worrisome.  

In any case, the demon became quiet for a bit as he watched the other relax before blinking and looking over at the space between the bedroom and the bathroom as Andromeda decided to come out. She would stretch a bit before blinking and looking over at him and then Sharaku. Seeing the other, she would sit and watch him a bit as her tail flicked a bit. Smiling a bit at the cat, the demon would shake his head at bit at the other as he looked back over at him. “I haven’t gone very far from around here. I do go out towards the forest or the shrines that rests further out sometimes, but the distance isn’t that great. I figured trying to travel out of country would be unwise until I got myself together.” If he couldn’t manage a relationship or himself then how on earth would he be able to travel out of country and be okay? No...it wasn’t  wise at all. “In any case, while it took a while I think I am a much better position go where I actually want to go this time. It will be a nice reward to get out you know?” The demon gave a soft smile. “How about you? Traveled much?”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am

‘’I usually can’t really recall the details properly, or make plenty use of them on purpose. I guess I just follow my intuition. It tends to work quite well. Some details can help for first time, but I fail at visualizing a place when visiting it again anyway.’’ Maybe a spot here and there, and while that could sometimes help, it was honestly very unreliable. He wasn’t able to actually save a usable map in his head like that. He kind of just went off of whether he recognized his current location, and then tracing the exact turns and all he took the last time or whenever he had been to the place. It worked a lot better than trying to focus on finding some landmark or whatever straight up. Passing by familiar buildings was a nice confirmation he was going in the right direction, but definitely not the main tool. Alone, they would be of subpar use to him. It’s like ok…there’s this huge church…but you can still go in several directions from it. Doesn’t help if you then take the wrong turn. And he could hardly recall more than a random building/object here and there when relying solely on his memory.

He would frown in thought. ‘’Are GPSs actually reliable?’’ He had little need for them, but when it came to the little he knew of them, they weren’t always the smartest cookie in the jar. Mainly if you tried using a GPS function on phone or such. You could easily miss a turn or such, which can be rather annoying. Even more so when you’re driving and the app can’t seem to be able to keep up with you. God knows you’ll be even more lost after that.

Direction troubleshooting aside, he would hum faintly when he got his answer about travels. He didn’t seem to be paying much attention to the cat yet, albeit he hadn’t been looking in that direction in the first place. ‘’No, not really. I had no sufficient reason, and besides I had my own things to take care of as well.’’ Plus, he didn’t really like to travel without having any failsafe in mind. What if he went somewhere and then just spent all the time being bored? That would be a waste of money and everything.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:13 pm

"I find finding something familiar to go by helpful since it grounds me and let's me know I am back on track. I can get around without familiar, but that is always a stressful event until I can memorize the place." Yeah...him and unfamiliar places were at times a lot of nail biting and overthinking for the first few moments, but he eventually calmed and logically picked his path apart to find his way back again.

As for GPS, well...."GPS is iffy. Like i don't like to rely on it because I honestly want to learn the layout myself, but I do uses it if I have no idea where I am going. It can be frustrating, so I try and get directions from a map engine or something before heading out, so I at least have some form of direction when the GPS decides to recalculate or doesn't get you can't turn left due to construction or a road just not being there. Outside of those flukes though it is not so bad." Yeah it could frustrating when your phone or device decided to go bonkers, even more so when you were already a bit blind as to where to go, but even so he didn't hate GPS. It had gotten him out of plenty of jams before after all.

That aside, Andromeda would continue to sit and watch the pair her eyes eventually blinking as she looked back towards the bedroom seeming to debate something quietly as the demon and human spoke.

To the answer received, the demon would nod a bit. "Ah, so you had some demons to put down to or was it just stuff in general?" In the past, he had always been scared to poke at the guy on a personal front...and probably missed out on some opportunities to get to know him better because of it, but this round? There was nerves, but it didn't stop him from at least trying. After all what was the worse that could happen? A refusal? Silence? A snap? Those were all there, but as long as it wasn't doing harm to him or the situation then why panic about a little resistance? Heh if only he had that reasoning back then....

Well whatever the answer was there he would deal with it before becoming quiet as he gave the other a contemplative look for a moment and then blinking he would ask. "So like...this may be sudden, but...since I am thinking on it. Would you like to travel with me? I've been looking at options to go to Japan, so..." He would trail off there with a light shrug leaving the offer as it was. Did he need the other to come with him to go to Japan? No. He was planning to go alone regardless, but it would be much more fun with another and one he knew yes? So why not offer?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm

‘’I don’t really stress about it unless I’m in a hurry to get somewhere.’’ In that case, getting lost and wandering around aimlessly is a bad thing. Otherwise though…not that much of a big deal? Unless you’re in some no life land, there will be someone you could ask for help…or just some place where they could help you such as a gas station or a small shop. It’s only a major issue when you can’t afford to take some time, or are really somewhere where you have no chance of getting assistance.

‘’Well, good thing I practically never use it…’’ Getting mislead for no reason would just annoy him. Being lost because you didn’t know where to go was one thing, and getting lost with ‘assistance’ was another. The latter stung a bit more, to be honest. Nevertheless, he rarely needed that stuff, since he didn’t travel too far away, and finding a way within the city itself was typically not too tough.

He would shrug lightly. ‘’I guess both. Though not necessarily in the same way as you.’’ He had his own things sure, but it had been hardly as severe as the issues the other seemed to have. Plus, it was a somewhat different area of matters as well, even if it was kind of related. Regardless, he wasn’t going to elaborate on that further, since it was a rather complicated topic which would be tough to explain, and he didn’t even know whether the other was trying to ask for details or just a yes/no kind of answer. If it turned out to be the former, he’d figure out how to deal with it then.

Speaking of dealing things…he would raise an eyebrow at the question that followed as he glanced at the guy. ‘’Do you speak Japanese yet?’’, he would ask, not quite answering what he was supposed to at first, though he would snort faintly a moment later. ‘’Anyhow….I’m not really busy most of the time so I suppose I could…why are you asking me though?’’ Hmm, well, it wasn’t like he had an issue with going on vacation for once. Albeit, he did have to wonder why would the other want to take him along all of a sudden.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:57 pm

“Well you do better than me that front then.” Even if he wasn’t in a rush or going anywhere per se, his brain always went towards what if he couldn’t find his way back for a few seconds before logic kicked in and was like: ‘Dude it is fine. You have money, your phone, and a ride and even if you don’t you have that, you can hunt and stuff so it’s not like you’re gonna die or something.’ ...And to be honest his logic was right. He would indeed survive and make it until he found home again. It just took his mind a few seconds longer than the average joe to realize that. “Perhaps it is.” It was good to know your areas for sure via what you could remember, but it was always nice to know that GPS could be used if needed to get unstuck from most situations. At least for him there was a bit of comfort in it being there.

GPS and being lost aside, what exactly the demon was hunting for with his next inquiry would be an area of mystery since it seems that the short answer he got back was enough despite it being vague. Did he want to know more? Maybe, but at the same time the demon didn’t want to pry deeply into personal matters, even less so if was a matter that the other might not even want to talk about. Either way, the demon would give a light nod at that one seeming content enough for now with the answer given.

The demon’s lips would finally part again when he was asked the question. “I know a few words, but nothing that could save me or create a conversation of any sort.” He had poked at here and there, but honestly he was kind of screwed on the speaking part….even so he still wanted to go. As for the next question…

“Why?” The demon was quiet for a moment as he considered the question, his eyes drifting to focus on the TV before them for a bit before giving a light shrug. “I just thought to offer. I mean I trust ya and just thought it would be nice to share the experience with you. Besides…” he would look back at the other a sheepish smile on his face. “Even if it has been over a year or if we had moved on and found another. I never stopped liking you.” So there was that...even if it was sappy, it was the truth. Sure the guy wasn’t on his mind 24/7, but he did find himself missing the guy and at times wanting to reach out to him during that separation...wanted to attempt to come back, but he couldn’t….but now? Well he could express the feeling, but whether the other felt the same or still hadn’t decided on things or had no interest at all was all a mystery to the demon. However, he left the words there and for the other to contend with.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm

He would just him lightly to the statements, not seeing the need to comment on the topics further. It was more or less already settled. Though he was mildly surprised the other didn’t prod further about the past matters, but it worked fine for him so he wasn’t about to complain. Perhaps he would need to speak on it later, albeit if he were to be honest, it was something he would prefer the other to just see in action. Way better than trying to awkwardly clarify what he meant. Were the guy to ask early however, guess he would have to come up with something to say.

He would tilt his head slightly. ‘’How’d you plan to get around there?’’ Sure, there was English but outside of perhaps the airport, hotels and maybe popular tourist spots….the Japanese tended to not be the greatest English speakers. Unless you got lucky. Language barriers could be quite the hassle at times. Plus, if you’re unable to read their alphabet, you’re double screwed cause it would take you forever to search anything you see written somewhere up in a dictionary. Maybe you wouldn’t even succeed at all. In any case, he would blink a few times at the words that followed after. Scratching at his cheek lightly, he would be silent for a couple moments, seemingly thinking. Eventually, he would opt to just ask for now. ‘’Despite how messed up last time was?’’ It had been pretty lousy compared to what dating should be…and the guy could have easily moved on from that and found something better in that time span. So why not? Not to say he thought it was a horrible thing of course, but he was curious at least.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Perhaps the other was lucky for now. The demon wouldn't pry into the past matters right now. Perhaps at a later time he would unless things happened in such a fashion that asking wasn't necessary. That mystery aside for now, the demon would hum a bit at the question.

"If you are asking what I would do alone, then I would more than likely do a tour or a find a deal where I had a native there that could assist me. And if I couldn't do that then probably a translator on my phone or something like that. I can't speak it, but I've poked at it enough that if I saw it written I could figure it out." It would be a challenge for him to travel alone, but the demon wasn't worried. He was pretty resourceful and would've scoped out his options to make traveling to the place as painless as possible for himself. The reading/writing half could save him where his speaking failed in the end so perhaps he wasn't super screwed there.

That aside, the demon would smile a bit at the question posed. "It was pretty rough and not the best of times, but despite that hell, I didn't lie. I truly was and still am charmed by you." The words weren't for show. Even though it was highly possible for either to move on and find another during the time they were separated that did not change the fact that the feelings that Rika had for the guy back then was still here. He remembered the struggles they had, but also some of the small calms and peaceful moments there too. His only regret? Not having more happy moments and for things falling apart like they did.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 pm

He would raise an eyebrow. ‘’How do you know how to read but not speak? You’d need to be able to recognize about 1000 Kanji or so at least.’’ That struck him as odd. If you’ve spent so much time on the reading, you’d already pick up more than just a few basic words. After all, the kanji were basically words in itself. Unless the guy was just doing his best to find the right signs in the dictionary to match with what he was seeing or something...and a phone translator may not even support it properly since no kanji keyboard thus you’re kinda screwed there. Maybe he was missing something here…? Ah well, whatevs.

‘’I’ll still have to wonder why’d you keep picking me. Hell doesn’t sound super charming to me at least.’’ That’s probably not something he’d say about a thing/person he liked. Or at the very least, he wasn’t too likely to be super attached to anything that caused him primarily trouble. Which back then was quite a problematic thing. Although…..Hmm. Nevertheless, he seemed more amused by the sentiment than anything else, so perhaps this wasn’t bad.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 pm

"I said I could figure it out if it was written. I can't read it with ease just yet, so it does take me a bit even when written. As for verbal I do understand a few words when I hear them, but speaking the language myself? I still have some work to do there to be fluent enough to hold a conversation." His Japanese was a work in progress still, but his ability to understand the written language was a bit better than trying to pronounce the words. It was odd, but he seemed catch onto reading and hearing first and then from there speaking it. Odd maybe, but that was just how it was with him. As for the phone being translator. He did have some apps that worked pretty well on that front, so he wasn't too worried on that front. He could work with technology to get by until he figured the language out fully. That aside....

The demon's tail would flick a bit as his ears folded down slightly, but not with sadness. There was a surprisingly gently smile on his lips as he watched the other curiously, taking note of some the amusement there. "Hell is not charming. It is quite a pain in the ass, but when I think back on it... you weren't the main factor of that hell existing. Most of that was on me, so I can't fault for what you did. You were honestly doing your best with what you had and I must admit you hung in there a lot longer than others would've." The demon would chuckle softly at that one his hand moving to rest against his hurting side, but for the most part he was handling it pretty well now the painkillers taking a nice chunk of the actual pain away. "You tried to understand me and while I didn't see it back then, you did in your own way show that cared. You seemed to be a kind soul, a bit shy and maybe a bit unsure, but truly kind. Back then I messed up pretty badly and didn't create an environment where your spirit could actually shine or where you could actually trust me enough to not be on the defense. I believe I lost out on seeing just how beautiful you were under that handsome and serious exterior. I truly apologize for that." A thing that caused one pain wasn't something that was fondly remembered, but....when that thing was actually the innocent one in it all? Then the memory was a bit different, wasn't it?

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am

He would blink. ‘’Where are you learning from anyway?’’ If it was just from the stuff on the net or the like, then the guy would definitely have issues when it came to hearing/speaking Japanese, and several times as much when confronted with native speakers or someone who was completely fluent in the language. It’s very different to think you’ve learned the basics of how to, or went through a simple class where your teacher spoke to you slowly to make sure you’d catch it compared to a real life onslaught of the language. Technically…he would suppose reading was the easiest to pick up on when learning from sources like that. Even if only because that one was universally the same one way or another. As long as you found a legitimate source that did not teach you mistakes from the get go, that is.

In any case….he would furrow his brows slightly as he listened to the odd explanation given. Okay, that wasn’t quite what he would expect to hear. ‘’You should start writing poetry.’’, he would state jokingly at first before shaking his head a little. ‘’Though you…don’t really have to apologize that much. It’s not really just on you. It’s true. You didn’t really know me. However, that likely wouldn’t have changed even if you had been more self-confident and all that. Or at the very least, you’d still have a terribly hard time getting me to be different than I was.’’ He wasn’t quick to trust fully, and that was technically a quirk which would never poof entirely, but that wasn’t the main reason behind the whole ‘defensive’ attitude and everything around it. The demon did indeed make it worse with his own behavior…still, that was only a part of it all anyway. He would lean over a bit, seemingly observing the other closer face-up. ‘’Not shy. More like a lack of emotional intelligence.’’ A rather painful one to be honest. ‘’Nevertheless, both inside and outside are important, so there is that.’’ After all, not like only what was under mattered. It’s more a matter of being able to understand both and how they work together….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:53 pm

"I have a program on my computer and app on my phone that I use for it." He hadn't had time to invest in finding an actual tutor who was fluent in the language or could teach him how to use when faced with native speaker, so he used what he could to at least learn a little bit about the language and at least get a start on the reading portion. Did he believe this would save him faced with the real deal? No, but at least he wasn't so in the dark, he couldn't figure it out in some fashion if forced to deal with the real language alone.

That aside, the demon would blink a few times at the comment given before smirking a bit as he shook his head with a light roll of the eyes. He wasn't angry by the comment, but more amused than anything as he took the joke well enough, but didn't give the other a witty comment back this round for he found none that came to his head very good. That aside though, the demon would find himself watching the other with a curious expression as he mentioned that what happened in the past wasn't just on him. Tilting his head slightly, he would speak: "Is that so? Well, what would've made it so hard?" He had thought not pry on the matter, but since it was there now he guess he would to see if maybe the picture would become clearer about what exactly happened back then.

Whatever answer he got from that though would be a mystery for now as the other leaned towards him and looked up at him as he spoke his words. Looking down at the pretty face, the demon would find himself smiling a bit as he let out a soft hum. "Indeed they are both important, but I wonder...if you had a lack of emotional intelligence back then, then how did you view our relationship for real?" he would ask as he watched the other as other thoughts wandered through his head, but for now he would let those thoughts remain on the back burner. Besides he was a bit busy observing the other's pretty face and those always intriguing hazel eyes.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:11 pm

‘’Does that work well? I usually find myself rather skeptical of these apps.’’ Most of them aren’t great at offering you good practical knowledge and ability to actually orient yourself within the language naturally. After all, the app is just a pre-set program. Kinda mechanical in how it ‘teaches’ things, rather than working with the person the way they may need. He vaguely remembered trying one of those once and he found himself having a flip due to it only confusing him in the long run. Maybe it wasn’t a good style of learning for him?

At any rate, he would blank for a moment when the other questioned him for details. Uh. ‘’Very different expression styles. I was already not very good when it came to dealing with people, and your mode of approaching matters was just completely unlike mine. We were going to friction one way or another.’’ Attitude change alone wouldn’t have helped much. With or without confidence and the like, the other would always maintain his more feeling based view of the world alongside some other little things. At that point in time, they may have not been able to get on the same wavelength properly. In fact, a bolder approach from the other…if done in the wrong way could have caused more damage than good. The way it had ended back then…was probably the best possible outcome that could have happened for the two of them.

Aaand, the next question was even harder. He did better nowadays…but talking about feelings was still a struggle sometimes. He just tended to not know what to say or how to word himself at all. Back then, it was honestly an uphill battle…now it was a lot better and all, but his ways would always be a bit different than the other’s. His expression would stay in contemplative mode for a while as he tried to figure out what to say there. Let’s see…’’I....suppose I was mostly just confused. I didn’t dislike you, but thanks to all the fighting there was a lack of a real connection as well. I didn’t really know what to do about it.’’ Other than push around here and there, but most ‘attempts’ of things blew up anyway.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:25 pm

"It works well enough on the written front. Can't be sure how well it is working on a spoken front because never had to use it before, but I did notice I picked on some things when I tested out listening to a movie in Japanese without the subtitles. I suppose it depends on how you learn." Yeah he could learn from the programs, but honestly he would much rather learn from someone who actually spoke it fluently like a native. He was pretty sure once around it the field would change, but how screwed he was he was yet to see...and honestly wouldn't be able to see unless he got to Japan. Languages aside though….

The demon would blink calmly at the other as he nodded to what he heard. “Perhaps the friction would’ve made it a tough battle then. Makes me wonder if we would’ve actually won that battle.” Or would their differences and the friction caused only drive them to hate each other? It was a question that while curious was thankfully never answered as they had separated before it got to that point. Perhaps it was a blessing that things had gone that way. Because….

The demon would quietly observe the other as he allowed the human to do his thinking and when he got his answer, he would hm lightly as he looked down at the other. “Confused. Heh, I suppose we were both like that back then; however, I wonder about now. Are we still confused? Or….” He trailed off debating something for a few seconds as his eyes narrowed slightly, but then coming to a conclusion within, he would move slightly, his hand reaching out as his index finger curved a bit as he attempted to rest it a bit under the other’s chin. If he managed to do that, he would lean down a bit being careful of his side to attempt to kiss the other…..
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:56 pm

‘’I guess I don’t work that way. I can’t do it without using it often enough in reality. I’d just get stuck and realize I don’t really remember half the stuff from the beginning anymore while trying to learn the later stuff. If I only have myself, I end up in a loop of remembering one thing and forgetting another.’’ An app was not enough to make the knowledge stick the right way. He needed to practice it outside of that too. Best way for him was probably learning in the country itself or at least knowing people who already spoke it, and being able to engage them frequently enough.

He would shake his head. ‘’I think it’s best to not try to answer that one.’’ It would likely be a no…but, did that really matter at this point? Maybe it was best to leave that one to rest instead of mulling over what could have been. It would never be anyway, thus there was no way to figure out an answer to it either. As for what happened next….he had half the mind to ask the guy to actually finish his train of thought before doing something, but he would opt to let the other what he would for a moment. Alas, he didn’t seem to want to comply completely, putting up one hand to press a finger against the guy’s lips lightly. ‘’I appreciate the sentiment, but shouldn’t we at least try to talk a bit first and all? It won’t feel very special if you just jump me right away. Or are you so eager you can’t wait?’’ His tone was mostly lax and lightly amused there. He didn’t want the guy to think he had to be more showy about it to get it through. He understood. Besides, even if it wasn’t that….well, he’d be more inclined to want to leave this for the right moment rather than using it just to prove a point. Hopefully the other wouldn’t take him the wrong way. He wasn’t trying to say no. He just…didn’t want to go for the kill too early again. They could always take it easy…and if it happened to feel right early on anyway, then he would take it.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:05 pm

"Well, I am pretty good at memorizing things with a bit of repetition. Granted speaking can fall through the floor though because I have no reason to use it and no one to practice it with, so there is that.” And that is also another reason that reading was mastered easier than speaking. He could study the language all day from a written point and not get bored with it and he could even learn to listen to it, but actually speak when he had no one to speak it with or for? That was a bit of strange issue making one scratch their head when they heard he could read and understand what is being said, but not be able to formulate the words properly. Perhaps he was just weird like that.

That oddness aside, the demon would become quiet as he let the subject of the past die away. He did give a light “mhm” of agreement to the others words about not trying to answer the question of making it work in the past. Honestly it was probably best to just let that rest in its grave. The past wasn’t that great and if they tried to pick up from there well...it probably wouldn’t be so great.  Perhaps if they decided to go that way then it would be best to start from the beginning again. Speaking of that though, it would seem that not too long after that subject had died, the demon did make a move to express his interest in the other. He wasn’t trying to be showy with it. It’s just his mind thought that action would work better than words to convey things; however, the kiss was never completed as the other moved to block the kiss with his fingers.

Not moving for a bit, he would let the other’s finger rest against his lips as he heard the word spoken. For a few seconds, golden orbs would observe the other as a small sad smile crossed his face. “Eager? Maybe a little. You are rather irresistible,” he would say  as the hand that rested under his chin shifted a bit to gently brush at the other’s cheek. The guy really was a perfectly beautiful creature to the demon, but one he did not see as just as object, so while it was hard to do, he was able to pull his emotions back a bit as he shifted to let the other go and also to sit up a bit his behavior a tad bit more serious than before, but not a ton. “However, I understand where you are coming from,” he would tilt his head a bit at the other. “Well, there is no need to say I am interested in seeing where this goes before settling on things. Question is: even if you proposed the idea how on board are you about walking such a path with me? Probably should’ve asked before doing that if you were even interested in me.” He would shake his head a bit sheepishly at that one. Whoops?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:29 pm

‘’Not being able to speak kind of screws you over though…’’ What’s the point of understanding someone perfectly if you cannot respond back to them? Cue in awkward situations, obviously. Mainly when you need to say something complex and cannot replace that with doing hand gestures and the like. Only having half of the communication circle down means you’re not about to shine much. Well….maybe you could try writing out your responses, but that would look quite silly. And be very slow, especially with a language like Japanese where each symbol was its own work of art.

Regardless, he would blink with a bit of a snort at the initial answer, choosing to not expand on that and just note the fact in the back of his mind for now. Once the rest came however, he would shift a little so he could rest his chin on his hand, still turned towards the other though. Well, he appeared to be in fairly good spirits about this.

‘’Is this the type of question where I should give a rating from 1 to 10 about how interested I am?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:02 pm

"Yeah it does." There was no denying that considering verbal was the best way to getting things across. Did he see himself failing on the front not knowing it? Not really, but then again..."However, I will use what I have at my disposal until i can get to the point where I can speak it well enough." Practice and being around the language would probably help him pick up on it more and actually master it due to being immerse in it. However once back at home, he wondered how he could keep it sharp. Hmm...Perhaps he would figure out that one later. After all he had something a bit more interesting than language before him now.

The tip of his tail would flick as he watched the other with an amused smirk. "Oho. Now we have ratings versus yes or no answers?" Well it seems for now he was okay with a bit of play.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:05 pm

‘’Well, good luck with that….’’ One trip alone would most likely not be enough to master a language. Unless it was a couple months long one. Becoming fluent isn’t all that easy, and that goes for any language. Assuming you aren’t super talented in that area of course, which would make you an exception then. Normally though, it takes some sweet time to remember all the sentence/word rules on top of all the needed vocab, and to also compute it all swiftly enough to speak without needing to take awkward pauses every moment.

‘’You asked ‘how’ on board I am, not just whether I am or not. I think that theoretically implies I should measure my answer in some way. I say I’d give it around 7.‘’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm

"I am going to need as much luck as I can get unless I have a translator or guide with me," the demon would say with as he moved rubbed his arm a bit in a sheepish manner. "Though...if you came along maybe that wouldn't be a problem?" The demon would looked over at the other with a raised eyebrow at that one. Maybe the other could act as translator for him or if no then perhaps teach him along the way? He never did get to sit with him for those lessons back then. He wonder if he would still teach him. Hmm.

As for that other comment, the demon's eyes would narrow with a grin at that one. "I did say that, didn't I?" he would begin and then pausing he'd move a freehand to rest under his chin as he looked up at the ceiling with a hum. "A 7 huh? Well then," the demon would look back at the other quite amused. "That is a lot better than I expected." Heh. It looked like maybe there was a chance after all, but he wouldn't get to excited about it. Not yet. He had to see where it all went after all. Even so that didn't stopped him from keeping that amused grin on his face. Guess he was having a good time despite it all.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:39 pm

He would blink. ‘’Well, I am fluent yes…but it would technically not help you learn if I went and took care of all the talking for both of us.’’ The other could listen…but at the end of the day, the guy would have to practice speaking to get better at it. So the question was…would the guy try to strike up talk with natives, or pick a less awkward route and speak with him instead or such? Well, how that went was up to the other though, so he wouldn’t say much on the topic for the time being.

‘’What did you expect then?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:53 pm

"No it wouldn't. I guess what I meant to ask is would you mind translating and teach me all at the same time? I mean...I want to actually get fluent in it and you are the only one I know so far that know the language fluently and could maybe teach me. That is if you want to of course." Sometimes he wondered....if he came off as relying on the guy too much or just asking too much in general. Hmm maybe he was thinking too much and needed to not do that. Yeah stop thinking and just let what happened, happen. Nothing was wrong with asking, was there? He didn't think so as he took a small breath in and let it out quietly to calm himself again. The action was uncomfortable thanks to his injury, but needed at the same time.

Relaxed again he would let the topic of language just go where it would before focusing on the next one. To the question heard, he would give the other a small smile as he shook his head.

"Assuming we are measuring the numbers the same way, then I would something lower like a 4 or 5 I guess."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:20 am

‘’I can try. I’ve never tried being a teacher though, so no idea how helpful will I be.’’ He wasn’t used to constant language swapping back and forth. He usually just got in the mindset of the one he needed and stuck to using that without having the need to pause for any translations or shenanigans. Just think and speak in one language. He could probably manage to flip though. He would have to anyway, since he’d need Japanese for the locals and English for the guy.

Anyhow…

‘’I don’t know if we are. Isn’t 4 kind of low though?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top