Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

Mama Merk's Tavern

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mama Merk's Tavern

Post by Rika on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:59 am

"I think it'll be alright. As long as you know your stuff I am pretty sure we can find out a pattern that works for us. In any case, this sounds like a plan then. My schedule is a bit odd, but I believe we can manage to work something out there too." The other didn't have to be a perfect teacher, he just had to be one that knew his stuff and was patient. The demon didn't find himself a hard student to teach, but in the end the other would have to adapt to the way he learned, he would have to adapt to the way the other taught so that was a thing.

That aside....

"Heh. Well I hope we are," the demon would begin before shifting in his spot to turn his body slightly towards the other more as he relaxed a bit against the sofa. Once settled in a spot that wasn't agitating his injury, he would continue. "Maybe, but then again I am pulling from what I know about the situation. While don't hate each other, I did take into consideration we didn't exactly have the best of time and the foot we left off on was more or less neutral. On top of this I never could gauge how you felt about me and after being apart for a while I am none the wiser. So with all that stacked up I kept my exception neutral or a little low." The demon would look over at the other. "The fall is a little easier if it turns out to be true and the joy a bit better if the expectation is better than you thought." He was being logical with his grading. He didn't know what the guy felt and asking was like pulling teeth back then, so that was that.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Well, he sure knew how to speak it himself, but sometimes trying to teach another could be tough despite that. It’s those times when you know how to do something clearly, but fail at explaining it when someone asks. That could easily happen with languages too. After all, there obviously are plenty crappy teachers. That aside though…’’So…when?’’ Trip talk left and right, but it would also be nice to know when was this being planned for? He probably wouldn’t have many issues in most cases, but still.

He would huff lightly. ‘’To be honest, we most likely aren’t entirely.’’ For reasons. ‘’But that’s not of huge importance I think.’’ Unless the guy really needed a specific evaluation on top of what was already there. Leaving that be for now, he would frown momentarily at the words that followed, shifting in his seat to straighten up more, folding his arms over his legs. He seemed to be thinking about something. ‘’Back then and now are rather different. You’ll likely just waste your time trying to draw from the past. Besides, one of the major reasons why I chose to put a stop to it before was so that if we ever tried again, we could still start more or less from a new page. What happened before cannot be forgotten, that much is true…but people do change with time. When I give you an answer now, I’m not making my decision based on what’s already done and over with.’’ Just saying. Though maybe it would be better for the matter to be clear enough. Stuff had happened indeed, but he was personally not taking it into consideration much at all when giving his stand. Were he to do that…then yes, he would likely have to drop the score down simply out of principle because the past had been rather bad. Would that really reflect his current view of the guy though? If the demon wanted to know what the differences between then and now were exactly and all that, he could ask for it though.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:45 pm

It was true the pair could run into some issues on the teaching thing, but even so the demon wasn’t too worried about it. He had a feeling that they had a good chance of working something out. Unless….it was that impossible which he highly doubted. Regardless of that though, the demon would blink at the question posed being quiet for a bit as he thought.

“Well I had planned for January perhaps being their in time for New Years and the like. Though if I couldn’t make it, then I had planned to push it out a bit further like towards spring,” the demon would begin before tilting his head at the other. “Though now that you’re coming what is a good time frame for you.” His schedule while odd was pretty flexible and Merk already knew he wanted to travel and in fact seemed all too eager to get him out the country sooner, so he saw no issues requesting time off for this on his end. Still with another on board, he’d have to take into consideration the other’s schedule so he’d see what they would come up with.

As for that rating system….

The demon would give a faint snort at that one. “Not entirely? So a 7 isn’t good in your book?” He would ask. Even if it wasn’t important he wanted a bit of clarity is all. Though whether he got it or not was another matter and one that would soon be at the back of his mind as the other frowned a bit and then moved to away a bit. Watching him, the demon would hear the words, but instead of answering right away he would look down towards the ground, his expression a bit tired thankfully not depressed as he gave the other a small sad smile.

“I know it is different and perhaps you are right. Maybe it is a waste of time drawing from the past, but I am not very good at tossing it to the side either. Like for me it is a somewhat new page yes and I do understand we can change, but even so...I suppose I am still not one to cast my vote too high.” The demon would look back at the other. “Even if all that stuff didn’t happen, my rating would’ve remained the same.” While he had plenty of confidence in himself now, he wasn’t one to be overly optimistic about things. He remained more or less logical or neutral until things proved he needed to be otherwise. Hopefully what he said didn’t make the other think, he was stuck on the past because he wasn’t even if he did use it to draw a rating from. On that note…”...Though...if you aren’t drawing from the past...then what are you drawing from to get what you got?”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:52 am

He would hum slightly, thinking. ‘’It’s that time of the year again…?’’, he would shake his head a bit. ‘’January until when?’’ Technically, it didn’t matter too much, but he’d like to know anyway. To be honest, he didn’t particularly care much about the timeframe of when. He could more or less make time whenever, as long as he had at least a couple days heads up to get the most important matters squared away.

Anyway…hm. ‘’No, that’s not it. More so the opposite if you want to look at it that way. I probably could have said 8 or so, but it’s still rather early for me to be super sure and I don’t like to overshoot if I can help it.’’ Plus, it was hard to gauge for him. He could toss what he felt like in the moment, but that could change considerably even within a matter of a few days if something happened to supply him with new information he wasn’t aware of before. Of course, he wouldn’t go super low because of that, but he also wasn’t too eager to overdo it and then end up awkwardly explaining why was he suddenly less interested if a drop did happen. So technically a number could mean more than what it seems to…he just wouldn’t say it that way to not inspire later disappointments. After all, giving a super high rating early on typically has a large chance of becoming a fluke as you get a better read on the matter with time.

He would shrug. ‘’I just don’t want us to get stuck on what happened before, that’s all.’’ And he had no reason to evaluate based on it anyway. Seeing as back then he wasn’t that terribly interested, carrying that over would mean bad things for now already. Guess he could look at the differences for help, but otherwise he wasn’t trying to include before in this much. He would blink. ‘’…now, I guess? It hasn’t been long I suppose, but an eternity isn’t necessary for an impression. And since I’ve known you before, it’s easier to get a read on you as well.’’ Or something along those lines.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:21 am

The demon would tilt his head a bit. "What time of year?" Yes it was almost time for the year to change, but he wasn't quite sure if the other was referring to the year change or something else, so to be clear he asked. As for what followed the demon would hum. “Well if we try to get there for New years we’d probably leave a few days before this month is up to make it there. I would say we’d spend two weeks over there and come back. Makes no sense to do it any shorter unless you have something need to come back to sooner.” He could do a short trip and then come back for a longer one at later time if necessary, but he wanted to give himself some time to enjoy the place if he could.

Letting that go where it would, he would soon find himself focusing on the rating system the other had. To what he heard, he’d nod a bit. “We are similar in that boat. Though our ratings vary a bit.” A 7 in his book was over shooting it when not too sure while a 5 or 4 wasn’t. Even so it seemed the guys 7 was similar to his 5 or 6. Alright. Well that was good to know. At least they seemed to be on the same page which was a nice start. At least they were both being reasonable here with stepping into this, so it was a bit like starting a new. Cool.

“Mmm. You don’t have to worry about that. Despite what I use it for, I ain’t stuck in a rut.” No he had more or less healed from it and could now face it without the issues he had in the past  The past was something he reflected on to view mistakes and takes notes from. While he did keep it in his memory he didn’t cling onto it knowing all too well how holding onto stuff could go. That aside, the demon would find himself smiling a bit. “A easier read, huh? Well I suppose I can accept that.” He did wear  his emotions on his sleeve back then and while he hadn’t changed so dramatically he wasn’t him anymore there were a lot of things from back then that had been fixed within the time they were separated. Though what those changes were, the other would just have to find out as if he decided to spend more time with him.

That aside, Andromeda would finally make her decision and come over to the sofa with her tail raised. She would let out a soft mew before hopping on the sofa in the space between the pair (if there was space). She would greet Rika first, who took to quietly petting her before she turned and looked up at Sharaku as she sat down and rested for now.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:16 pm

‘’A very snowy one.’’, he would deadpan at first, but then just snort lightly under his breath. ‘’To be serious though, this talk reminded me that my birthday is in January, that’s all.’’ It wouldn’t even be a surprise if he had forgotten entirely until it was already almost that date exactly. He really didn’t pay it much heed unless he had to for some reason. Why would he? ‘’I didn’t really have anything planned, so I suppose I could go with that.’’ He wasn’t aware of anything he needed to be around for, and well, if something urgent were to come up at a moment’s notice…it wasn’t something he could predict right now.

‘’Are we? Does that mean you’d give me less than you really mean if I asked you?’’ Not that he planned to. He figured it was likely going to be a fairly high one since the guy didn’t seem to be hiding his interest from the start. After all, that’s exactly what even started this whole talk they were having right now. He was just curious about how the other thought of this for the moment. Regardless, he would shake his head with a somewhat amused smile at the topic of the past. ‘’Good to know, though I was more concerned about you thinking that I would do that. Since you were expecting a lower score of you from me due to what had happened before. Or that’s what you said at least.’’ The best stance would be having neither of those two in the picture, obviously.

He would shrug lightly. ‘’I tend to read others better than I do myself.’’ When it came to quick reads, at least. He just needed some more time to figure out himself at times. The joys of that. Nevertheless, he would blink when the cat suddenly came over. He had almost forgotten about that. Hmm. After a bit of thinking, he would try to reach a hand close. He had no idea whether the cat remembered him or not, and he didn’t really want to risk something bad happening by being too forward right away.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:53 pm

“Hmph.” The demon let out the sound as he gave the other an amused look as a smile curved against his lips; however, the smile would fade a bit as he tilted his head a bit at the other and his left ear twitched. “Your birthday is coming up? What day?” To be honest, he didn’t put too much emphasis on his own birthday, but for others? Well if he liked them enough, he had the tendency to keep up with those days to at least wish them a happy day on their birthday versus getting a gift...Though there were exceptions to the rule, of course. Anyway wherever that went the conversation would come back to travel as the other agreed to the time frame of the stay and about when they were leaving. “Alright. Then I suppose we’ll have to get flights and all that straightened out to go there then.” This was going to be lovely...and a bit panic inducing now that he was actually that much closer to achieving one of his goals. That was okay though. He wasn’t about to let panic take over him or stop him from going on this trip, even less so when it meant he could potentially spend more time with the other, but that was another story.

Anyway….back to rating systems which had the demon blinking a bit as he was questioned. “I dunno….are we?” he begin and then shaking his head a bit he would give the other a sheepish look as he moved his hand on his good side to run it through his hair. “No. If you asked, I would give you the exact rating for my own interest...though considering what happened a while ago, I don’t think I need a rating.” Even if he cast low when it came to others viewpoints that did not mean his own rating would lie about his interest in someone. If one thing hadn’t changed, he was still pretty honest with his feelings even if he delivered them a different way. As for what followed, the demon would give a light chuckle. “I did say that and honestly without clarification, I would think you do pull from the past. Thus why I asked. I would like to stay more or less on the same page.” Though could they accomplish that this time around was yet to be seen.

“I am alright at reading folk until I find a challenge like you.” The demon would stick his tongue out at the other playing more so than anything; however, he would soon become more serious as he continued, tilting his head as he observed the other with a contemplative look. “Wonder if I’ll figure you out this time though,” the demon would say out loud before becoming quiet again. It was true figuring out others was easier than trying to figure out yourself, but sometimes a puzzle of a person came across the way and stumped ya.

With the demon lost in thought for the moment, Andromeda would take to staring at their guest though she would blink as she saw his hand move. Sniffing it gently she would eventually duck her head so she could snuggle against the other’s hand. It seemed that despite the years she may have remembered him in some fashion otherwise she would’ve noped the situation and went back in the room.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:33 pm

‘’January 10th. Should I worry about why you need to know that?’’ Well, he wasn’t trying to make it sound like he expected the other to do something for him. It was honestly just him having a random epiphany moment there, but guess it was what it was. He had no real reason to be hiding it either. It was simply that he didn’t want to have people feel obliged to give gifts or anything like that. He was just fine without the attention too. ‘’Where do you plan to go exactly?’’ After all, saying ‘Japan’ was rather broad. He didn’t mind most places, so he hadn’t asked up until now, but might as well do it at this point.

‘’Which would mean we aren’t all that similar.’’ One way or another. Though in the end, that probably didn’t matter unless one of the had a big problem with it for whatever reason. Which didn’t really seem to be the case here, so everything was most likely cool anyhow. He would blink. ‘’I don’t mind different pages. Just as long as we don’t go and fight about the fact. We can’t always be thinking exactly the same after all.’’ It was technically impossible to always be on the same wavelength. They were two different people. It was sure nice if they managed to match up here and there, but he wasn’t really expecting it to be a staple. All he wanted was that they wouldn’t bite each other over it and simply talk it out when necessary.

Hmmm? He would scratch at his cheek slightly. ‘’I don’t think I’m really that bad. I just tend to be more private than most, that’s all.’’ Well, usually that was about it. Though there could always be other reasons at times, and if someone simply found him confusing no matter what then he probably couldn’t really do much about it anyway. Can’t magically make someone get you when they just don’t. Mmm, in any case, he would let the silence float about for now as he focused on scratching the kitty behind the ears since she let him touch.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:14 pm

"Nah. I was just curious is all since ya brought it. 'Sides, is it really that worrisome for me to ask?" If the other was worried about him doing something grand or feeling obligated to buy him something because he knew the date now, the man honestly had very little to worry about. Yes the demon may get the guy something or treat him to something on his birthday, but that day alone didn't determine when or if the demon would do the action just because he felt like it. Either way, the demon would lock it away for now before giving a light sigh to the next one as he shifted in his spot to get comfortable again. "Well, there are a ton of spots, but for this round I am thinking Tokyo and Kyoto with some must do items being the New Year Festival and going to onsen. As for other things to do well, I'll have to poke around a some more, but I figure it won't be to hard to find other stuff." He wanted to visit some of the shrines to, but if they were in it together though..."Besides, I'd like you to have fun too. So we can balance what we do between ourselves yes?" After all it wouldn't it suck to be just dragged around to places he wanted to go?

“Perhaps not,” the demon would begin before giving a light nod. “That is true and I am up for discussions over differences. Might learn something new down the path.” Differences could cause clashes if one let them, but it didn’t have to be that way. If handled properly they could lead to some interesting pathways full of discoveries and insights too. Differences could be enjoyable. Made the demon wonder if they were still night and day when it came to things. Hmm a mystery that would be fun to unlock.

“Hm? Still keep your cards close to ya huh?” the demon would say leaning back on the sofa to look up at the ceiling. Well that wasn’t so bad. He could respect private as long as it didn’t mean they would end up having clashing over things like not being shared that needed to be shared. He would prefer this round be more peaceful and full of more fun and laughter rather than bitterness. Peace. That sounded nice and for the moment the demon would let his mind wander a bit allowing a familiar silence to fall between them.

The only thing that broke the silence was the purring from Andromeda who was enjoying the attention she was gaining. The sound caused the demon to look over at the pair from the corner of his eye, a content smile gracing his lips. This was nice.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:14 am

He would half shrug. ‘’I don’t really know. I just don’t want to make it seem like I brought it up to make you do something for me.’’ Some people could have taken it that way since he had kind of mentioned that out of the blue and all, when there was no conversation on that topic beforehand. He didn’t mind telling too much…it was just the way it came about that could make it come off certain ways. Better be sure than sorry, right? Ah well, whatever. That aside, he would huff a little at the next topic, running a hand through his hair thoughtfully. ‘’Why is taking a bath a must do?’’ Personally, he didn’t really understand the hype of those places. ‘’Anyway, I’m alright with most things. If there’s something really unpleasant, I’d let you know. Besides, I’m already familiar with Japan as is, so this trip is more for you than me. I’m just taking it as a small break from routine, that’s all.’’ It wasn’t really going to be a new thing for him, so it wasn’t as exciting as it would be for a first timer. He was fine with just tagging along, as long as he didn’t get stressed out by things too much. ‘’I hope you really like crowds though, since Tokyo feels as if all people from the planet were in one place.’’ That city was really like sardines in a can most of the time. Too many people in the streets for life. Then again, it’s Tokyo, so that’s probably to be expected. The joy.

Hmmm. ‘’Well, things are only really new if you aren’t even aware of the possibility in the first place.’’ He doubted either of them had views that were so extreme the other person had never even thought about it. The only thing that was there to seriously discover was just how different they really were. Outside of that, it was more about making their personal opinions and thoughts known. Then again…maybe that was just him, but he was typically not really awed when someone presented their ideas. It was rare that he had never ever considered that himself, so that was a thing. He’d be more interested in how they presented it than what in those cases. Interesting food for thought was nice.

He would blink a bit. ‘’…in a way? It sort of depends on the person though. There are plenty people who just don’t need to know things.’’ He wasn’t the type to disclose information about himself too much to everyone around him. Specific people who had reasons to know or were close to him, he probably would though. It really depended on the specific circumstance and all. He had his own systems for what needed to be told and what honestly did not. Even then, if the person gave him good enough reasons, he would probably be willing to give. All it usually took was being willing to be upfront and tell him why they believed it was necessary for him to say this and that. He just liked to keep at least some sort of privacy when he could, that was all.

In any case, he would continue petting the cat for now, letting the other have his think moment. He didn’t have anything interesting to say at the moment anyway.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:06 pm

“I didn’t take it that way and asked because well curious is all.” Perhaps he had gotten lucky since the demon just saw it as a part of the conversation despite how randomly it had been brought up. Even so, he just adapted to what was given. Besides, the guy wasn’t making a big deal of the matter, so he had no reason to assume the guy wanted him to do something because it was his birthday. Either way clarity was nice and the demon didn’t seem bothered by what had occurred. As for the next question, the demon would hum lightly.

“I’ve heard the hot springs there can rejuvenate the spirit, so I’d like to go and see if that is true. Besides, I just want to relax in a hot spring and Japan is said to have of the best baths around.” A bit strange? Maybe, but the demon was not joking with his explanation. He was a spiritual person and part of the big draw of Japan outside of the springs was the temples so there was that. Though whether they got to said shrines was another matter. He would just have to see. “Mmm. That’s right you did live there didn’t ya? What part of Japan were you in?” Who knew maybe the other can give some suggestions of what to do if the locations chosen were familiar to him. As for the crowd comment, the demon would chuckle. “I work in a crowded place and while the amount is larger, I think I will survive.” He most certainly had his ways of dealing with overly crowded places and being at risked to be stepped would not be unfamiliar to the demon. Besides, Tokyo was a hot spot for folk, so he honestly wasn’t surprised at this news.  

“I only partially agree there considering even if i knew of the possibility of something, it is still learning something new when clarity is shed on a matter.” True there views may not be extreme, but at the same time the demon still found information given if it hadn’t been confirmed beforehand. Even with all the doors there, he didn’t peek behind them to see what was there. So there was always a the potential for new discoveries...at least for him that is. Besides it was always interesting to hear what the other party had to say versus whatever his mind could make up or present on a matter. A different voice always brought a different light on the matter.

“That is understandable,” the demon would say softly before becoming quiet as he fell into his own thoughts. Private information was indeed private, so he could understand keeping away from certain people selecting carefully who knew what. He did that himself after all, so he wasn’t about to hold such again against the other.

Anyway, Andromeda would take to laying down, resting her head against the other’s leg as she closed her eyes and rested under the pet with content purr. The semi-silence would continue on for a while before the demon would blink and begin to shift in his spot.

“I don’t mean to cut this short, but I’m getting sleepy, so I think I’ll head onto bed. You’re welcome to stay up here, watch tv or whatever. It isn’t going to bother me,” he would say as he managed to sit up a bit before pausing. Getting up was going to be a literal pain, but he needed to move; however, the reason for the pause was simple enough. “Whenever you are ready for bed, I do have some clothing you can wear if you wanna change out of what you have. They are located in the upper left drawer on the chest of drawers. You can pick out whatever you want from there,” he would say and then looking away, he’d begin to work on getting up without hurting his side too much. Up. Up. Up...right...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:32 pm

He would snort. ‘’I’ve tried once. I personally felt more boiled than rejuvenated but I guess to each their own. I just feel super sleepy in hot water anyway. I think I’d do better taking ice baths instead.’’ At least that gave him some sort of a jolt instead of nearly putting him into a coma. He was ok with hot but generally for fairly short amounts of time. Either that, or have it simply be more warm instead of outright hot. Japanese baths tended to be pretty amped up with the temperature though. To someone who was not used to it, they can feel like liquid fire at first. Speaking of being used to things, he would sigh lightly at the following question. ‘’Osaka. Although, I have traveled across Japan a bit. I’ve been to both Tokyo and Kyoto before, albeit I don’t really remember much of the latter for some reason. And Tokyo is too huge for one to be able to see all of it even if they live there anyway.’’ He was sort of familiar with places here and there, but Japan was a tough cookie. Most places were really big by default, thus it was hard to be much of an expert on it. ‘’I suppose we’ll see. We are talking about a city with over 9 million people though.’’ Which was honestly more than what you’d find in the entirety of some smaller countries. That alone showed how populated the place was. And then there were the constant streams of tourists on top of that.

‘’Well, I suppose to each their own?’’ He certainly didn’t mind discussions about topics, but guess he just wasn’t as easy to impress or the like. He was more likely to kick down all the doors in the way himself before anyone else could go telling him to do so. His way of thinking could be rather broad when he felt like it.

That said, the rest would fall into a silence for a while, until the other decided to speak up again. At which he’d glance towards the guy with a blink. He wouldn’t really say anything in response to the statements, though he would frown lightly as he watched the guy struggle. ‘’Do you need help?’’ He didn’t particularly mind. He himself was not feeling tired, so he was going to likely stay up for a good while longer at least, but it’s not like he couldn’t move to help the guy get where he needed to.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:36 pm

"Heh. Then I am on my own there, huh? As for ice baths, I don't see myself doing that unless there was some purpose behind it. Like a treatment for something. I think bath wise I would prefer hot." He survived a sauna once and while this was different, he was sure he'd be fine in a hot bath...besides perhaps hot water was needed to wash away some of life's stresses and reset him again. He didn't think he'd fall asleep in them though considering he wasn't looking to cook himself or die due to it. Even so it was an experience he wanted under his belt.  Bath’s aside, the demon tilted his head at the other as he heard the sigh. "Hmm. Osaka. I will have to research that one a bit as outside of the name it is unfamiliar to me. Though was it nice there?” For an island Japan sure had alot to explore. He wondered if he liked it this trip if Osaka or some other place would be worth going to. In any case, the demon would give a nervous smile at the number. “That’s alot of folk. Hope I don’t get lost amongst them.” Cause lost and alone might be problematic for him, but he supposed he would have to see what happened. Relaxing again, he would continue. “Anyway, if you can’t remember Kyoto then perhaps visiting will be a good thing.” Unless there was something particular about it that made him forget…

“Mhm.” The demon would agree to the statement on discoveries and such, but have nothing more to say that he hadn’t said already. As a result of the conversation dying down silence would eventually take its place until the demon broke it a bit when he decided to try and get some form of sleep. Considering his work shift he could stay up late on a normal night, but tonight his body was more drained no doubt from the injury and his body using up energy to heal it, so as much as he hated to move or end the conversation he decided to call it quits before he was really in trouble due to falling asleep on the sofa. He took note the other was quiet when he made his comments, making him wonder what was going through the guy’s head for two seconds; however, he would push that thought aside as he focused on trying to get up on his own. Could he do it? More than likely with some difficulty; however, just as he managed to a bit closer to the edge of the sofar, he found himself hesitating a bit as he heard the question the other posed. His more independent side was screaming no, but the words that he found himself speaking wasn’t those  of rebellion.

“I…” he would pause as he shook his head. This was hard for him, but…”Yeah. I am going to need your assistance getting up...and since I have get out of the rest of my clothes and take a shower…I’ll probably need a bit of assistance there too….”  He would glance  over at the other with an expression that was a mix of embarrassment, but also submission to the truth of the matter holding the other’s gaze for a second before looking away. It was just...very awkward asking these things of the other for him...and he still wasn’t sure what to do the feeling it drew up. Hmm… Well at least it wasn’t a bad thing so….
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 pm

He would shrug slightly. ‘’Well, I mean I can go. Just saying that it’s not one of those things I’d find myself wanting to do often. And I find cold more refreshing, so there’s that.’’ He wouldn’t die from going there. He just didn’t find it as amazing as they typically advertised it and all. Perhaps that was simply his personal preference there. Nevertheless, he was fine as long as the guy didn’t decide to spend a few days just going to hot springs all over the place. ‘’It’s not bad…but pretty crowded still. It’s the second biggest city after Tokyo. Either way, it’s up to you. If you decided to visit, Osaka is under an hour away from Kyoto. As little as 15 minutes if one were to take the highest speed trains.’’ It could easily be a side-trip if there was enough free time left to do so. A lot of things honestly could, since traveling between cities didn’t actually take all that long unless you were trying to go literally from north to bottom. Like, Sapporo to Nagoya or Fukuoka would sure be a bigger trip for example, but a lot of places were accessible in less than 3 hours or so. He would snort. ‘’I can’t tell you that, but I can at least guarantee you’re unlikely to lose me. Considering this is Japan we’re talking about, I’m going to stick out quite a lot.’’ Oh yes, that part would definitely be fun. As well as a lot of pain. ‘’Maybe. I visited Tokyo more despite the fact that Kyoto was closer to me.’’ And he was just forgetful in general. He would probably recall something once he got there and saw things, though. Right now, he was having a slight window about that one.

That said, the rest of the conversations would slowly die off into some silence, followed by decisions to go sleep already. ‘’Mmmm, alright.’’ He didn’t really mind it. Was that the case, he wouldn’t have bothered to help the first two times either. He would shift to get close to the other. ‘’Try holding onto me a bit. Unless you’d rather I just carry you again.’’ He wasn’t sure what was the better option here, but he’d offer the other to just lean on him for support and all, if that were to be enough. He had no issue picking the demon up again if need be, but he figured maybe it wouldn’t be necessary? It was hard to tell, since the guy did seem to have quite a bit of trouble with moving around there.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 pm

“Well that is up to you there. I just want to go to one once before leaving to get a good soak you know. As for cold well with it being winter there still, I am pretty sure we’ll have plenty of that.” The landscape was probably beautiful there and with it being cold a hot bath would probably feel great. Either way it was pretty exciting to the demon. On that note…”Mmm. Well I guess there is no escaping the crowds. In any case, that might be something to do while there then if we have the time. I didn’t map out everything figuring loose planning works better versus structure. Don’t want to make it like a tour.” Yeah he wanted to actually go at more casual pace than a tour and soak up what he could while there. Besides, it is not like he couldn’t go back again another time if he wanted to see more right?

The demon chuckled lightly. “Well no. I won’t lose ya, so maybe I have nothing to worry about there.” Besides the guy could probably pick him out amongst everyone else. After all, the guy could probably just look over everyone else and pick him out in the crowd. Pink hair was hard to miss, even more so if he decided to keep his natural state and leave the ears and tail out. Yeah. They would make quite the pair alright, but perhaps that would make it more entertaining. “Ah. Well that would explain why you remember one better than the other.” One had the tendency to remember places they frequented versus those that they just visited once or so. Unless said place left a huge impression on a person from the get go that is.

Long distance traveling aside though, the demon would find himself focusing on short distance travel as he needed to get up to get ready for bed. His tail would flick lightly against the sofa as he shook his head a bit. “No I don’t think carrying is needed this time,” he would say as Andromeda moved out the way as the other moved closer to him. Reaching out, he would move to wrap his arm around the other’s positioning the hook so when the other stood, he would could be pulled up, but not stretched in some crazy fashion that he’d go down in a sea of unnecessary pain.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 pm

‘’Well, where else would I go anyway? There’s no point in me waiting for you outside or such.’’ Of course, they could separate too, but if they went too far from each other, then meeting back up could become a slight problem. Considering they wouldn’t be in familiar places, and likely in fairly people-packed ones. ‘’Whatever works for you. Either way, there’s no chance you’d get to see all of the interesting places within one trip anyway.’’ There was too much for that, and rushing around was not really a solution there.

‘’I’d make a good lamp post….’’, he’d shake his head slightly. Indeed, he would likely be looking over a good 98% of the people there, and probably by a good chunk. On one hand, it was a helpful thing…on the other, he would most likely be gaining some stares from people and all. On top of having to deal with all the low heights of things everywhere. ‘’It happens.’’ One can’t remember everything anyhow.

He would hum under his breath slightly. ‘’Well, if you think so.’’ He would have been fine with the carrying too, but if the other wanted to try this way, then fine. In any case, he would do his best to pull the guy up without it being too abrupt and all, before halting for a bit. ‘’So, where are we going anyway?’’ He wasn’t sure what the guy wanted to do right now, and they did have to move together like this, right? Unless the other could let go and walk by himself now that he was up, but that was a decision that was on the guy himself.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:19 am

“I have no idea.” Waiting outside for someone was a double edge sword at times. On one hand, you had the forever dude/gal. You know the person that had no respect for other’s time and just took their own sweet time to what they wanted? And on the other you had the average Joe, who would be rushing to get out versus relaxing….which defeated the point of the bath in the first place.So waiting was a meh choice. As for wandering off the other could, but that could cause issues and also defeated the purpose of doing things together. Yeah….if anything they would have to learn to compromise or work things out when they weren’t agreed on something. However, that should be no issue right? That aside, the demon would give a light hum at the next comment. “Alright. We’ll see what happens then and well what I miss I can come back on a later trip.” No biggie there unless he hated the place for some odd reason.

“Well at least you’re an attractive one," the demon would say with a grin. Being tall could have issues, but being short could be a pain too sometimes. After all being around the same height as everyone else and probably not too far off in skin tone could make one become even harder to pick out in a crowd. Hmm. Well they would just deal with the matter once they were over there. He was sure it wasn’t going to be that big of a problem in the end. Following this, the pair would fall into silence, the demon giving a light hum to remembering statement since he didn’t have anything more to say on the matter and in the end, he wouldn’t be thinking too much about anyway as something much more immediate came to the front -- pain.

While Rika had taken the painkillers and they had at least taken some of the pain away, the demon wasn’t completely numb to the injury. As long as he was still, the pain remained at a low throb, but as soon as he began moving the side began to protest, making it a struggle to get up on his own. Even with the other’s assistance, the matter of getting up wasn’t the smoothest of rides. While they were moving at a careful pace, the injury did complain to him moving from sitting to standing the pain in his side like a thousand hammers driving painful nails into him all over. He didn’t scream out or groan though as a pained expression crossed his face. He would lean heavily against the other for support though. His head resting against the other’s arm during the pause as he kept his eyes closed for the moment, letting pain past. His tail would swish from side to side in agitated manner, but would eventually slow down as the pain settled into a more bearable throb. Once it was at that stage, he would open his eyes again as he heard the question. “To the bedroom...I think I am gonna skip the shower for now and just focus on getting changed.” This whole matter was draining him, but he gathered his strength to walk with the other’s assistance to the bedroom to get ready for bed.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 am

Well, the question would be whether it was better to blend in or to stick out. Both had their pros and cons in some way. He probably wasn’t going to be able to hide no matter what. There was the height…and then skin tone as well. Japanese people were mostly pale-skinned, thus he was again on the wrong end of the stick with that. You gotta do what you gotta do though. Even if it means basically being a neon sign.

That aside, he would do his best to help the guy do what he needed to until the other was settled in bed already. He’d take his leave after that seeing as he didn’t feel like sleeping just yet, though if the guy needed him for something, he could always ask. He wasn’t deaf enough to not hear….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum