Top posting users this week
Sharaku

Rika

Mama Merk's Tavern

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mama Merk's Tavern

Post by Sharaku on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 pm

''I don't know, do you want to be?'' But hey, he couldn't exactly compare himself to guys impressing ladies if he pulled that stunt without a lady being in the picture to begin with. Well, not directly at least. He would shrug. ''To each their own. I would personally not feel very accomplished if I got someone by being a show off. It holds no value for the future.'' Guess it worked for those who just wanted some quick satisfaction? Meh. Well, he didn't care to have a different person every few dates, assuming he even felt like dating someone to begin with.

He would snort, waving a finger at the guy. ''Could doesn't equal want to my dear. I'm just fine the way I am now.'' That, and he honestly didn't have anything better to do. Sure, he could come up with options if he bothered to give it some thought, but it wasn't like he currently felt like he was missing out on something huge, so why go and purposefully try to sour his own mood? ''I'm obviously a walking definition of that.'' Ehhh, maybe sometimes.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 am

The demon would shake his head with a grin. "I guess I could be if I wanted to, but I kind of like the gender I am." He wasn't lying about that. He did have a power that allowed him to do just that. Not perfectly, but still he could indeed mimic one. “Well that is something I can agree with there. I think its best to work for what you want or at least be honest in your approach. It seems to turn out better that way versus trying to take a quick route for some one night fling. On that note, do you date or have someone in your life now?” A curious question, but not irrelevant or surprising considering the subject matter. Regardless he would let that go where it would, his eyes drifting over to the other when the movement of his hand caught his attention.

He would slid his hands into his pockets and as he spoke. “No I suppose it doesn’t and if you are cool with it then I won’t complain.” And he honestly wouldn’t. As for what he heard next, the demon would roll his eyes lightly in amusement before glancing back up at the other. “Hey now don’t get cocky. You were just beginning to charm me with your humbleness.” It was a mostly a joke, but to be honest it was good to see that trait had not vanished from the guy over time.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:57 am

‘’Only kind of?’’ He would probably not really want to be a woman. He could maybe pretend a bit, but the impression would just be awkward. Besides, he was likely too tall to pull that off convincingly enough anyway. He would blink, giving the other a questioning glance when he was suddenly asked about his current date life. Now that was an unusual one to pull. Did the guy really need to know that…? Hmmm. Well, it wasn’t going to hurt…’’No, not really.’’, he would frown a bit with a sigh. ‘’Well, there is one woman who keeps bugging me, but that’s just because she takes too long to process a no apparently.’’ When he wasn’t interested, he just wasn’t okay? ‘’Annoyances aside….why are you asking me that?’’ That was something he would certainly like to know.

‘’Sounds like a plan. It would be a little disappointing if you turned into a complaining old man or something.’’ Not that complaints weren’t sometimes viable, but too many of them could be a rather unpleasant mood killer. Who needs too much negativity around, right? ‘’Oi, that was a joke. Aren’t those charming enough to make up for that?’’ Well…he hadn’t really been trying to do that purposefully, but going along sounded like a good options for now?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:23 am

Eh. The demon shrugged a bit. "I have no issue with being either or though I typically am too lazy to go through all the hassle of making myself up. Still I much rather just be, so yeah. I kind of prefer what I am over being a woman." The demon would finish with a light smile. He could be anything he wanted technically, but unless he was in the mood to something random or had a use for another form, he typically only flipped between himself and his work self. That aside though....

The demon would see the questioning glance given and tilt his head a bit as he gave a look back to the other that said without words that the guy didn't need to tell him if he didn't want to; however, it appeared the other would humor him today.

"Ah that sounds like a pain in the neck. Good luck that one." Persistent folk could turn annoying and even dangerous if they wanted you enough, but still one could never force another to love them no matter how hard they tried. As for the question, the demon would give a light shrug. "Mostly curiosity since we were the subject of approaches and such. Does it bother you?" And that was honestly the truth outside of checking up on the guy. It was kind of interesting he was still single since someone as pretty as him could've easily been snatched up if found someone that could handle him that is...provided he was the same guy as before. It was hard to say. Time had a way of changing people, but he wouldn't be able to confirm unless he asked and in turn gave himself away fully. However for the moment the demon wouldn't as he kept walking with the guy. The action nice after all this time.

As for that next comment the demon couldn't help, but to chuckle at that one. "Mmm. I think I've had enough bumps from that one to know it is not the best course, so you have nothing to worry about." He still had his moments of negativity, but time had taught him better ways to handle it and his own state. Did that mean a complaint never came out of his mouth? No. He would indeed complain if something bugged him enough, but for the most part even those were way better than before.

"Heh. Well I dunno. You were already pretty charming without the jokes. I haven't quite decided if they enhance that aspect or not," the demon said as he looked up at the other with slightly mischievous smirk, clearly teasing the other for now.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 am

Hmm, well it wasn’t like he could really imagine the guy as a woman anyway. Okay, maybe if he tried but the image wasn’t more pleasing than what was there currently, thus making it a moot idea. That said, he would just hum slightly, opting to not give a comment towards the matter anymore. There was only so far the conversation could go into gender changes before it started leaning into an odd territory. At least when having a casual conversation with someone you just met.

He would huff a bit. ‘’Well, she has no hold on me anyway. It’s only a matter of time before she gives up, hopefully.’’ That, or his patience would run out and he’d give her a good reason to scurry away. Albeit, considering the circumstances, he couldn’t quite make it so that he would never see her again. So he kind of had to be civil about it even if he did feel like taping her mouth shut and tying her somewhere at times. He would watch the guy contemplatively for a moment. ‘’I suppose not really. Though I do wonder why you’d be interested in the personal life of someone you just met.’’ Privacy out of the window? Of course, he knew he didn’t have to answer, but still some people might get jumpy or offended at even being asked. It can be strange to prod about that before you even know the person well. As for the why’s there…well, it was mostly the circumstances. It wasn’t that he was running away from dating or anything, but one can’t always be stuck in a relationship with someone. Unless it’s working out for once that is. When it came to changes, he was technically a bit different in some areas, but it couldn’t be said he had a complete overhaul or such. It would be hard to turn 180 degrees within a year and half, just because.

‘’Oh wonderful. You say that like we’re about to hang out a lot though. Do I need to worry about getting kidnapped or such?’’ He was mostly joking there, but it was something to think about nevertheless. Technically, he was only supposed to make sure the guy got home safely, yes? For such a short amount of time, worrying too much about the way of talking seemed a little excessive. It only really made much sense if the other expected this to be a longer thing. He would snort lightly. ‘’You seem surprisingly happy about this despite how you didn’t want to leave work at first.’’ A wonder of how different things would have been, had he tried to protest going with the guy to begin with.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:28 pm

It would indeed be hard to imagine the demon as a woman especially if one only went by the normal logic of dressing up and such. Could he pull it off? Maybe, but if he was going to flip gender, he wouldn’t hesitate using his own ability so to say just how he’d end up looking was quite hard guess. In the end though, the demon didn’t try to push the subject content enough with the hum he recieved and the small silence that followed.

He would watch the pathway ahead of them for a moment before his eyes drifted to the other as he huffed and spoke on the woman that pestered him. To this the demon would nod a bit as he gave a small hum. “Well what do you plan to do on the off chance she doesn’t get up?” he would ask seeming to be rather comfortable for whatever reason asking questions that would not be typical for a first encounter. And would you look at that. The other caught onto said oddness and questioned it. “Maybe it is because I am just very comfortable with you even if it is on a first meeting. Kind of like an old friend if you will,” he would say with a small smile at the irony of the words; however, whatever he thought would remain hidden as he continued. “Granted you’re in control of how far this goes, you know? I can stop any poking any time you like.” Yes folk could get snappy and offended and honestly the demon wouldn’t have done this if this was a stranger to him, but Sharaku wasn’t a stranger was he? Only he was the stranger since the other had yet to catch on and the demon for the most part went long with the unknowing for now.

“If I was going to do that, you really think I’d let you onto my plan?” he would poke back as he stuck his tongue out at the other in a playful manner. He wouldn’t seriously do that for various reasons though he had to admit the idea was fun to toy with in his mind nonetheless. Even so, the demon would become slightly more serious as he posed his next question. “Would it be really bad if that were to occur though. Hanging out a lot that is?” A pry out of curiosity more so than anything else. Though he honestly wouldn’t mind hanging with the guy to catch up and the such.

That aside though, the demon would find himself smirking slightly in amusement at the next comment. “Well, I don’t really like leaving work no matter how much I hurt. I know it’s not good, but I don’t like leaving the boss on her own like that is all. Still even if I tried I rarely win those battles, so I usually end up walking alone. It is nice having someone to walk with and on top of that talk to. Helps me not focus on the pain so much and makes getting home that much easier.” It was a simple truth even if it did sound silly or what not. Enjoyable company just helped. Besides, who knew this may be the only time he got with the guy anyway, so he would enjoy whatever time now..
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 pm

‘’Well, I don’t have to be nice if I don’t want to….’’ It wasn’t like he was just going to tolerate such stuff forever. There were some ways to deal with that, in case it became really necessary for him to go out of his way as much as that. That aside, he would blink at the following words, not quite sure what to say to that. He couldn’t really refute that or anything. ‘’I know….’’ Obviously enough, at least. While he wasn’t snappish unless he had a good reason to be, it wasn’t like he was going to blab about just anything if he didn’t feel like it either.

‘’Everyone slips up once in a while. Never say never.’’, he would remark as he looked off into the distance for a moment. Well, it wasn’t like he’d be too worried anyway. He wouldn’t go down that easily even if someone did try to mess with him. Though, he would glance back at the guy at the question that came afterwards. ‘’I suppose…not? I can’t know that for sure. I was just wondering what were you up to anyhow.’’ It’s hard to say whether it’d be good or bad this fast. He didn’t know enough to really judge that just yet.

He would frown slightly at where the conversation went next. ‘’….wouldn’t it cause more trouble at work if you underestimated how bad it was and ended up fainting due to pushing it or something? I think that wouldn’t make the boss have a good time.’’ Isn’t it technically just trading off his absence for worrying everyone instead? ‘’Are you really hurt that much though…?’’ Well, he seemed to be somewhat concerned at least.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 pm

The demon would hear the short answers given letting out a small hum of understanding as he nodded a bit and pretty much let that go. He didn’t see a point in trying to keep the topic afloat, even less so when he didn’t have anything else to add to it. Besides what he got was satisfactory enough for now, so unless the other had something more to add or say, he would let the topic slip away in its own way.

Speaking of short answers, it seems it was time for the demon to give one of his own as he heard the remark given in regards to kidnapping plans. “So we all do.” Was all he said as he continued to move along the path, his eyes watching people hurry along the streets or a car or two passing by on the mostly calm streets; however, he would glance up at the other when he gave a response and to what he heard, he would smile a bit. The answer was the same as from back then, but unlike before the demon accepted that this was just the guy’s way. He wasn’t going to poke at him over it as he simply accepted it for what it was. Instead his response back was rather chilled. “Fair enough. As to what I am up to. Nothing really. Just having a good time chatting with you is all.” And that was true. He was really happy to be walking and chatting with the guy in this fashion. Though happiness would be cut a bit short as the next topic came up.

“Well...that is true. Though I figure if I can move about even if there is some pain then I should be able too and just do my work. It is my body and all, so I think I know my limits,” he would begin with a light frown, but then shaking his head he would continue. “...however, I can see yall's point at the same time. I am not very helpful lagging about or passed out either….Still...it just feels odd to not be doing something useful due to injuries. Even more so when I am kind of hired to take a beating anyway. It makes me feel like I am not exactly doing my job properly when I am sent home for things you know?” He would say before pausing as a bit of pain came from right around the ribs on his left side. Feeling the discomfort, he would unconsciously move his hand to rest against the spot trying to apply a bit of pressure to the area to relieve the pain until he could get home. Though…If this kept up or esclated he wouldn’t be able to work tomorrow...and if he called in then he would no choice, but to go to the doctor or stay down the amount days Merk deemed it necessary for him to heal. Man… Hm?

The demon would pull himself out of his moody thoughts to look up at the other debating about how to answer that and then giving up and settling on the truth he would speak as a small frown crossed his face.

“I suppose I’ll have to see just how much I am screwed over. The cut is a minor thing and should heal up fast, but this other one?” He would shake his head a bit. “It is becoming a bit bothersome. Just hope it doesn’t get worse. Doesn't feel like anything is broken though, so that is a plus...”  

Last edited by Rika on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:33 pm

‘’Is that so?’’ Was that really all this was about? Eh, well guess he wouldn’t know unless the other decided to tell him more than that though, so that was that. He wasn’t even really expecting a conclusive answer to his ‘question’, to be honest. Nevertheless, it would certainly be nice to know what the guy was thinking beyond just the ‘good chat’ answer he seemed to be generally getting. Maybe eventually? Well, assuming this walk wouldn’t come to a close before that. After all, the guy wasn’t obliged to make him stick around, so there was a chance they’d simply part ways once they reached the other’s home…however far that was. Probably not too far if they were just walking there however.

He would shake his head with a light click of his tongue at the reasoning the other gave for the work situation. ‘’Do you think that if you being helpful was the sole reason you were around, you’d actually be getting sent home despite still being able to maybe do something? From what I understood, that’s hardly the point at all. It’s because people worry about you. If you were a boss, would you just let an employee push themselves even though you knew they were hurt?’’ Not everything is about how useful you are. That, and he sincerely doubted the guy’s job was ‘to take beatings’. That’s not what any job is about, even if you are a security guard. Yes, those types of work carry the risk of getting hurt, but making someone obliged to endure that all the time without a complaint is just wrong. Taking a break because of your own health is normal. This isn’t slave work or something.

He would look the other up and down with a thin frown. ‘’Well, make sure to take care of yourself either way. I’m still not sure how you expected to keep working like that in such a busy place…’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Well no there was more to it that made this chat enjoyable for the guy, but for now he would do nothing to explain that as he gave the guy a more or less innocent smile. “It is.” Was all he said for now. Sure he could explain, but what fun would that be? Besides they were almost at their destination anyway, so he would probably wait to then drop the act. Well wherever that went it would go and sink into other matters that were a bit more serious.

To be honest he didn’t care for the lecture, but he didn’t snap at the guy as he looked over at him as his ears went slightlly down. “Well..I know that. All I was saying was that it is just weird for myself to just stay down even when I know I need to. As for worry...I know she worries about me, but I still can’t change the fact that even after working there all this time, it still odd for me. Can’t explain why. It just one of those things I am not sure what to do with most of the time….” It was strange having someone look out for him like a mother does there kids. He never really had that in his life, so for someone to genuinely care for him. Guess that’s what happens when fake love was around more so than the real thing and you learned to survive relying on yourself. That aside, the demon would look downward as he shook his head a bit. “No….I wouldn’t allow it either….and I suppose that is why I understand where she comes from when she does this…” Still didn’t mean he liked it, but it was what it was. As for what happened next, the demon would give the other a nod.

“I’ll do my best to do that and to be honest...I don’t think she will let me work regardless. Even if it is a bit of pain, she will send me right back out and put a timer on me to make me rest. I just want it to pass cause I am sure not looking forward to calling in….or taking other steps if it doesn’t…” The last place he wanted to be was in the doctor office or on meds, but if that is the path he had to take...then he’d take. And on the off chance he was down it is not like he could rest in the normal fashion. He did live on his own after all, so he would still have to move about to do things to take care of himself and his furbaby, so there was that too.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:12 am

Well, he wasn’t exactly trying to lecture the guy there, but what was he supposed to say? It would have probably come out that way no matter how he tried to word himself. ‘’Perhaps it’s something to get used to then? I’m not saying you don’t know, but the way you were talking did sound like you believed that pretending to be okay at all times was the best course of action to take. I don’t see in your head to know what you’re thinking besides what you actually say aloud.’’ Was it really that bad to stay put though? As long as your pay wasn’t getting cut for it, you were more or less good, no? And it does no one good to overwork themselves anyway. Most people are happy to get time off…unless they’re workaholics or something. He would huff faintly. ‘’Either way, I was just trying to say that maybe it’d be a good thing to not make people worry too much about you? It might be stressing them out more than the idea of having one less hand to help during a shift.’’ Which wouldn’t be the nicest thing, now would it? Then again, it was up to the guy in the end. He was just saying.

He would blink at the guy. ‘’Why not though? If you do need to rest, then that’s probably the best option. Isn’t it technically more unpleasant to run around while you’re in pain, and possibly causing it to take longer to heal than necessary? Choosing to do that over just taking a bit of down time to make it sail through smoothly seems a little counter-intuitive. To me at least.’’ The more you stress the injury, the longer it’s going to be there to bother you? Like, if what you truly want is to have it pass as soon as possible, then resting and taking care of it is honestly the best way to go.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:41 am

"Get used to...Hmmm. Maybe," he would begin and then blinking, he'd shake his head give the guy a light smile. "I know you can't, but it’s cool though. When I reflect on it maybe my wording is a bit confusing at times, but no. It is not the best course of action, but I try anyway." Staying put. That was kind of hard to do considering his situation. in fact, he would be quiet for a bit as listened to the next bit of what the other had to say staying quiet as he nodded and processed it all before deciding to address it all in one swoop.

"Perhaps, but I don't think she’d stop worrying even if I didn’t resist and actually just left. She’d probably think something was truly wrong with me then.” He would chuckle at that one a bit. She still checked on him when he was sick or something like that happened, so in a way she still worried, no? He didn’t quite see the difference in stresses of not being there and being there. If a person was worried they were just worried yes?

Well that aside, about the rest thing. Well..no his pay wouldn’t get cut and while he wasn’t a workaholic per se his logic a bit different than that. Cutting the chuckle short due to it actually agitating the side with pain a bit, he would would continue on.

“Whether I went to work or stayed home, if the doc or even Merk places me on down time it is not like I can rest you know. There are things in life that still need to be taken care of, so there is that.” It might be a tad more easier to convince him to sit out if he actually had help to take care of things, but he didn’t have help and there was no way he’d burden anyone to babysit him or hire someone to help. They had things in their lives too, so why add more to their plate. He’d just have to figure it out.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:21 am

‘’So you’re a stubborn mule then?’’, he would snort lightly. Well, maybe that in itself wasn’t a bad thing though. It’s kind of better than being a doormat. Although one also needs to recognize when enough is enough too. ‘’Hmm, maybe. Though it’s probably at least less worrying to know that you’re at home and taking a break rather than pushing your limits at work? You’re going to have the injury either way, but the former at least assures you’re not likely to make it a lot worse somehow. It’s probably the reason why you get sent home in the first place. At least, that’s what I’d think.’’ Worry had levels too. You can worry a little or a lot. It’s not always the same thing. As for the ‘something wrong’ part…that could be solved by the guy explaining that he finally decided to be more mindful of himself? That way there would be no reason to think something was out of ordinary for no visible reason.

He would raise an eyebrow slightly. ‘’If you normally don’t do anything else because you’re at work, why would you suddenly have a million other obligations if you took some days off? At the very least, the time you normally spend at work would become more free. Speaking of which, can’t you just ask someone you know to help you out?’’ Yes, it could be a burned, but seeing as people weren’t obliged to accept it, only the person who was willing to do it would do so, no? In which case, they’re the one who decided to spend their time on that, meaning that the guy didn’t need to think he was troubling them so much.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:24 am

The demon would smile sheepishly as his left ear tiled downward a bit. "Well that is one way of putting it." He wouldn't deny that. He could be very stubborn and at times the trait was indeed helpful, but on the flip side it made him resistant to other things. It was odd really, but that was just how the demon was. "Hmm...Well maybe. I guess I can't do too much damage if I am forced to stay home..." Unless house keeping and attending to the basic needs of himself and a pet was bad. Heh. Worry levels. While he couldn't compute clearly all the time worry geared towards him, it would seem the demon had his own worry levels too, but nothing as crazy as in the past. Maybe he just worried in the normal fashion for his sort to do?

That aside, he would blink up at the other. "There are chores, shopping, and pets to take care of. It is not a ton per se, but it still has to be done ya know? Also I am pretty bad at just remaining still cause I know stuff won't get done. As for folk to ask, I don't have many options. I don't know my neighbors or the kids at work to feel comfortable asking such a thing. There is Merk, but she already does enough for me and besides she has a husband and kids to go back to anyway. There is no way I am adding myself to the pile. Can't turn to family because I don't have any. As for strangers I am not too fond of just asking random folk stuff or letting them into my life like that. And even if I was okay with it, who would honestly say yes to helping me out without wanting something grand in return?" Okay not everyone was like that, but still. Nothing came for free and there were strange folk everywhere. Asking a stranger to just come and help was always risky in the end.

Regardless of that though, the pair would turn off the main street and begin to head down a smaller side street making a beeline for some apartments that sat hidden in the back. As they walked snow began to fall.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:37 am

If the guy could do a lot of damage just by the basic things at home, then it would be pretty bad. Well, that could happen in case an injury in question was really incompatible with any kind of strain, but this didn’t seem to be as bad as that? He couldn’t be sure, but since the guy was able to walk just fine then as long as there wasn’t any overdoing happening, it ought to probably be okay.

‘’Well, you never know until you go and try to ask, right? And I don’t know, maybe asking a friend would be the best bet? Or do you not hang with anyone outside of going to work and back home?’’ That was kind of odd. The guy seemed to be outspoken enough and all that, so it would make sense to have at least someone that wasn’t just a colleague or random acquaintance he didn’t know well enough. Well, regardless of where that went, he would glance up at the sky briefly. ‘’Snow again….?’’
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:23 am

Let’s hope it wasn’t as bad as that. While it was true he could walk around now, there was no telling where the pain would go. Right now it was being annoying and persistent even growing a bit the more he moved, so he would need to watch it to see just where it would lead. Though he prayed some rest and pain medicine would cure him.

As for what the other said next the demon would glance at the other as he continued to move the building coming closer and closer. “That is true, but it is uncomfortable either way for us when it comes to strangers. I guess I am a bit paranoid to fully trust like that. As for work and home, I typically do things alone. As for friends, well…” he would pause for a bit debating how to answer that for a few seconds before speaking again. “If I were to count I would say I have one and a maybe; however, the former is tied up for reasons stated before and the maybe well. I am not sure if we ever established that. I guess I could ask that one and see what happens though.”

The demon would say it all very calmly as they continued to walk, keep what was on his mind well guarded from the other. It was easy to put out being outgoing and such for your job, but didn’t necessarily mean he was a huge social butterfly in his personal life. Anyway, he would nod lightly as he held out his free hand letting a few of the cold flakes hit his hand and melt a bit. “Yeah. It’s kind of nice when it doesn’t block ya in,” the demon would say in soft tones as he reflected on this situation and the timing of the weather.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:16 am

‘’Well, I suppose good luck then.’’ There wasn’t much else he could comment towards that. That said, being a social butterfly wasn’t a requirement for having friends. One can have a couple without being a party person or such. You don’t have to hang out with them every day or so. And if someone demands that out of you if you want to keep them as a friend, then they’re probably not someone you should have as a friend.

‘’I like snow when I can watch it from behind a window. It’s technically still water. It’ll melt on you and you might just end up feeling like after a rain if it’s heavy enough.’’ It wasn’t always enough to cause that, but if it was heavy snow or you stayed out for a long time, it wasn’t entirely pleasant. Stuff gets in your eyes and everywhere, plus gets you wet over time.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Social butterfly didn’t necessarily mean a party person, but rather someone that went out of their way to greet and speak to someone just because. While Rika did indeed do this for his job there were very few that he would go out of his way to get to know better. Outside of Merk there were a few potential candidates, but for the most part he had yet connected to them in a way that meant something to the demon. That aside, the demon would only give a nod and hum to the short comment for now not pushing that one forward as he instead focused on the snow comment.

“Well that is true. It can miserable if you look at it that way; however, I prefer to view it from the more peaceful and beauty side and as long as I am not falling, I enjoy it for the most part,” he would say looking up a bit with a small smile. From there he would become quiet until they approached the building that showed that it had steps leading up to a glass door. It appeared these apartments were all indoors. Stopping at the bottom of the steps, the demon would turn to the other as he narrowed his eyes at the other with a small smile.

“Ah yes. About that person that I said was a maybe friend. What if I said the person I wanted to ask that question to was...you?” the demon would ask in a more or less innocent way as he watched the other carefully.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:35 pm

‘’Well, I suppose snow isn’t the worst thing ever. At least it’s not like the ice which is only good for slipping on.’’ And that was mighty unpleasant when it happened. Even dangerous if you fell the wrong way. Nevertheless, as much as he liked natural weather occurrences, most of the time he honestly preferred to watch them from the inside. It was a lot simpler and less troublesome than going out and standing in the middle of it all.

That aside, he would follow the guy silently until they came to a stop, as he glanced around a bit before focusing back on the guy when he spoke. Eh? ‘’Me.’’, he would kind of state in a somewhat deadpan voice at first, not sure how was he supposed to be interpreting that. ‘’…..I guess I’d have to ask as to why is that the case.’’ Well, he would sure like to know what was this about.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 pm

“Well I can’t argue with that. Ice is prettiest when in ice rink or where I can view it from a distance.” Indeed. While winter was indeed beautiful both ice and snow had their downsides too. Ice could injure and snow could get you sick, but even so they both could be beautiful and enjoyable one can view from a distance or took caution with them when out in the stuff.

While snow and ice was easy enough to understand, it would appear that something a bit harder to understand would come to the table. Well hard understand for a few seconds that is. To the response given, the demon would give the other a sheepish yet gentle smile as he looked up at him for a few seconds before blinking and speaking as he shifted a bit in his spot.

“We are not exactly strangers, Sharaku. Though perhaps what is throwing you is my form. Let me get out of work mode then,” he would begin, his form moving like a mirage for a little bit before coming back into focus. When it did, the taller male would be looking into a familiar face with red orbs. The horns, fox ears, and even tail all in place. The only differences here was that the guy seemed to have gotten a slight tan and his wild hair was a bit longer than before. Outside of that and just a general peaceful air about him, the demon that stood before him should’ve been familiar to the man unless he completely erased him from memories. Back in his normal form the demon would continue as his tail flicked slightly as he watched the other with the small smile still in place. “Better?” he would ask softly.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm

‘’….no, I think I liked that one better.’’ It was hard to tell whether he was serious about that or not, as he had a more or less blank expression on his face for the moment. Well, asking for a different kind of reaction from him would probably be a futile endeavor anyway. Regardless, how this went would depend on the other’s choice in the end.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:05 pm

“Heh. You liked that look huh? Well ain’t gonna knock you for it, ” he would say seeming to take the words as a joke versus a direct attack against him like he would’ve in the past. Also it seemed that he wasn’t looking to try and shift back quickly to impress or appease. His body language remaining relaxed...or rather as relaxed s it could be under pain that was being held back that is. Regardless of this the demon, would blink as he shifted and made a move to mount the steps pausing three steps up to look back over his shoulder at the other as he tilted his head a bit in his direction. “Neh. It’s snowing out here so come in for a bit and warm up. I can make some tea or coffee for ya to make up for ruining your former drink too. What do you say?”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 pm

''Well, I guess I'm already here anyway.'' He would shrug slightly. So might as well? He could always opt to walk away, but that wouldn't do him much justice right now.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:46 pm

The demon would let out a light "hmph" in amusement before making a light jerk with his head in a way to gesture for the other to follow. At least with his back to him the other couldn’t see the light wince he made as a bit of pain flared up in his again. Despite the pain, he would make it up the short flight of stairs and punch in the code to get the door open. He would open it for the other and gesture for him to go in with a light sweep of his hand and slow blink. If the other went first great and if not, the demon would eventually go in anyway the area considerably warmer than outside. As he stepped in, his eyes would glance towards the elevators, but upon seeing the twins there arguing in some language about how to fix the elevator the demon would sigh inwardly as he shook his head.

“Well looks like we are gonna have to contend with some stairs. The place has 6 floors and guess who lives at the top?” he would say as he drifted from the main lobby to the stairs that stretched all the way up. This might be a pain literally, but he had to get up there regardless...

The Entrance:
You enter a wide square entrance way with light brown floors cream colored and goldish decoration. The lighting isn’t super bright, but just enough to see by and give the place a golden glow. To the left is a pair of elevators both silver and currently with a do not use sign on them. Near them are a pair of thin females dressed in black mechanic suits. One has her hair in high pony while the other has long pigtails that are braided. From their language they maybe German, but it is hard to tell. Either way they aren’t paying any attention to you. To the right is a wall with mailboxes and off to the side of that a reception area where a sleepy looking security guard sits. He looks up at you, but other wise goes back to his news paper to wait the night away. In the center of this place is the stair case and sitting on the oddly curved walls the beginning of apartment doors that stretch down a hall and lead to a back door. The place is mostly quiet except for a really loud TV or radio coming from down the hall.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:29 am

Well, he wasn’t too amused himself for the current moment. The other was taking this rather casually despite the fact that he easily could have got bitten for playing tricks like that. Frankly, he kind of didn’t really understand what had that been about right now. It’s not like they did more than random chatting so the demon wouldn’t have gained much by pretending until the very end. Plus…what if he had given in at first and chose to stay at the bar and not go, or even refused to go from the get go? He had to wonder whether the other was just banking on him accepting it and pulling through, or didn’t care really whether he was around or not in the end.

Nevertheless, he would stay silent for now as he went along with it. He would frown at the stairs slightly, although on second thought, he didn’t really care. He had never lived that high up, but it’s not like a couple stairs would kill him. He wasn’t that out of shape or whatever. That said, he would let the other go first and follow after unless he was forced to do otherwise.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top