Top posting users this week
Rika

Sharaku

Mama Merk's Tavern

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mama Merk's Tavern

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

To find out the demon's intent, if he had any at all, for not saying or doing anything to reveal himself up until now would not be solved with silence. One would have to poke to get answers...or at least give off enough grumpy vibe to get another concerned. Which pretty much happened here as they began to climb the stairs.

The demon would take the lead moving up the slightly curved steps up towards the next floor. The climb was quiet and normal enough at first, but the demon began to slow a bit half way up to the third floor. Not due to exhaustion, but pain. Despite slowing down, the demon pressed on holding onto the railing for support, determined not to let this take him out.

To distract himself from the pain or maybe due to the other being so quiet, the demon would look over at the other briefly before looking forward again.

"For someone I haven't seen in over a year, you're awfully quiet back there. What's wrong?" the demon would ask as he continued upward one step at a time.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:57 am

He would follow the guy in silence at first, occupied with his own thoughts, though he would frown a bit as he watched the other have a hard time getting up. Well, there probably wasn't much he could do there anyway, and he wasn't going to force the guy into anything regardless.

''I was never too talkative.'', he would shrug lightly. That wasn't even a lie. Sure he could talk a lot when given a suitable reason to do so, but more often than not he wasn't a man of many words for as long as he could afford to be so. ''And I'm just trying to figure out why you played pretend on me and even told me to not come along at first. I wasn't planning to ask you until we were done moving though.'' It's not like it couldn't wait a couple of minutes until they were settled and could talk without moving about and all, no?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 pm

No there was not much to be done about the struggle that the demon had getting up the stairs. Unless he was planning to literally support him like the rail was or carry him then there was nothing to do, but leave the demon to what he did.

“Heh. Well no you haven’t been I suppose. As for the pretend bit well...” the demon would say pause a bit as he made his way up to the fourth floor and then took a few steps up the next flight before stopping as he leaned against the rail a bit to take a breather and to let a bit of pain pass by. Shaking his head a bit he would look over at the other.

“At first I thought to just play with you, but honestly the reason I didn’t say anything or do anything before now was because I really was enjoying the chat we were having. Didn’t want to jar it with some random reveal….and besides I typically don’t go back to myself until I am at the apartment anyway, so that was nothing new. As for asking you not to come along...well, even if you volunteered to aid you have your own life and the last thing I want anyone doing is babysitting me, so I thought to give you a choice is all.” The demon would say and then tilting his head a bit he would ask: “Would you have really changed things if you knew who I was from the beginning?”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:01 pm

He would raise an eyebrow at the guy. ''Technically, no. But what if I did decide to not come due to the fact that I didn't even know you? Would you have just let it go even though it might have been the only time we'd meet like that?'' Well sure, the other could maybe contact him the next day or so about it, but wouldn't that have made it extra awkward? Either way, he was mostly just wondering about how the guy planned to handle it in, had the circumstances been less favorable than they ended up being in reality. Let it pass and not do anything about it or?

That said, he would walk up to stop right behind the guy with a faint frown. ''Do you need help with that?'' There indeed weren't many options, but if he had to carry the guy, then he'd settle for that. It couldn't be that bad, right?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:01 pm

The demon would ponder that before shaking his head a bit. "If you had decided not to come well that would be your choice. I would've just come home on my own...I probably would've poke ya though later on because I wouldn't have been able to resist saying hi after seeing ya. Though I wonder how well you would ignore someone that addressed you by name. I know for a fact, if I had to come home alone, I would've said your name in the farewell." If it was true, it might’ve been a once in a life chance to see the guy face-to-face again, but he wasn’t trying to force his way back into the guy’s life either. If it happened the other way, he would’ve just dealt with. Knowing the guy was alive and well was enough...or at least that is what he told himself.

He would look down a bit thinking until he heard the other move and felt him behind him. Hearing the question posed, he would give the other a lopsided smile. “What? Going to carry me up the rest of the way?” he would ask, his tone light but his eyes serious enough. Honestly that was the only way the guy could get him up the stairs, but still….he didn’t want the guy to have to do that. He could make it after a bit of rest….maybe….
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:12 pm

''Whether I chose to ignore it or not at that point, it would likely have not mattered much since you would be about to leave on your own. Besides, I suppose people knowing doesn't bother me much unless they're being too suspicious with it. I stand out easily enough, so for all I know, someone could recognize me because they've heard of me from someone I already know or such. Nothing is impossible, and I don't particularly want to go harass someone about it out in public unless it happens to be a necessity.'' If that person seemed like they had something unpleasant on mind in regards to him, then perhaps he would investigate. Otherwise, he might just note the fact in his mind in case he happens to meet them later and have a better chance to talk to them and figure out what the case is. After all, unless the person was a psychic or something, they must have just heard of him from somewhere or such. Simple enough.

Speaking of simple...the next issue was a bit less so. Hmmm. He would stay silent for a second before shrugging lightly. ''If that is what I ought to do, then I will. Assuming you'll let me, that is. Don't want to get punched for trying unless I must.'' It was enough that one of them was in pain at the moment. So, he would preferably wait and see if he would get approval or not before doing anything.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 pm

"Hmm. Then it might've been my lost for the night if it turned out that way," the demon would say with a light nod. Life opened and closed doors all the time. Sometimes opportunities were missed and presented in a different light and sometimes some doors were just meant to be walked through. Perhaps this was one of those doors meant to sort of doors.

That aside, the demon would find himself faced with a choice soon enough as the other gave his response, the smile he had before fading as he narrowed his eyes at the other slightly before looking away towards the rest of the stairs debating. It was still a two flights up...and the stairs weren't exactly short walks either. He could push himself to make up there, but....was it really worth it to be stubborn this time? He was hurting and the more he tried the worse it got....

The demon was quiet for a moment as his head bowed a bit and his tail flicked a bit as he thought, but then just being honest with himself. He would nod inwardly as he looked over at the other.

"Can't guarantee i might not squeeze ya a bit, but outside of that I ain't gonna harm, so you can pick me up if you want," he would say with nod, this time no trace of joking in his voice.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 pm

''Probably so. Lucky you.'' It certainly could have turned out that way. There have been two solid opportunities for that one after another, so the other was quite lucky that it turned out this way despite the fact that he chose to keep up with the disguise.

Regardless, he would wait for the demon's decision silently, snorting faintly when he got one. ''As long as you don't try to suffocate me, I'll be just fine.'' He wouldn't break that easily, so a bit of a tight hold shouldn't be an issue for him. To be honest, getting up those stairs would be the biggest challenge there. He was just fine of course, but that would be an extra weight of an entire person he had to drag up with him. Some people complain when they only have shopping bags on them, and those are certainly nowhere near the level of carrying a person. He had no idea how much the guy weighed, but either way it was definitely going to quite the climb. Still, he said he'd do it, and so he would, at first working on picking the guy up and giving it a moment to settle a good balance. Wouldn't want to fall over while on stairs, right?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:02 pm

"Indeed." And so he was. It was true it could've turned out unfavorable whether the guy walked away or not, but thankful tonight was enjoyable instead of one full of a ton of regrets or other things worse than that.

Though it could be a bit better if pain was out of the picture and wasn't causing things to come up he didn't exactly want there. Even so he would just deal with it as he stayed where he was on the stairs only moving to make it easier for the other to pick him up. He would slip his arm over the other's shoulder, his grip tightening slightly when the other lifted him from the floor. He would close his eyes leaning his head slightly into the other's chest as the pain hit him a bit; however, he would relax in time as he settled in the guy's arms and allowed him to readjust.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Okay...that seemed to work well enough. Thankfully, the other wasn't too big or such, making it more or less simple to find a good balance. He would probably hate to carry someone more like himself, since it can be pretty tough to figure how to position your arms to make it comfortable for both as well as balanced when the person is too tall. That's like trying to carry a smaller pipe versus a long pole or something. The latter is definitely going to be tougher to work with. And that's only non-living objects.

Difficulty level aside, he would eventually move to walk up, albeit having to go a bit slower than normal. It was definitely not super easy. Getting up long flights of stairs can get tiring when you only have your own self to pull up, and this was certainly a big step up. Still, he should be able to handle as much. It was only for like two floors, right? Settling for some distraction, he would glance down at the guy briefly. ''Is this okay?'' He didn't want to accidentally hurt the guy more by holding him in the wrong places. He didn't even know where exactly was the guy hurt, or how big of an area it covered.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Unlike Sharaku, Rika did not have any more growing to do the demon remaining his usual 5’6” height. Weight wise he was about around 130, but he was fit and lean versus just fat so as long as the other could handle that amount then he should have no problem carrying the demon, but then again what did he know about his strength? He just hoped it wasn’t too much trouble for him to carry him up those two floors.

Either way the demon would try not to think of that as he remain more or less still in the other’s arms the arm that was around the other’s shoulder would rest loosely there as his other remained resting lightly against across his stomach. His head was resting against the other’s chest as he for the moment he remained quiet resting a bit. When the other spoke him, the demon would hum a bit.

“It still hurts, but it isn’t due to anything you are doing. Thanks for asking though,” he would say in soft tones. His left side was hurting him at this point, but most of the pain was in an area pressed against the other and somehow the warmth of the other’s body and the pressure created due to them touching kind of helped it. As long as he wasn’t jarred too much he would be fine. Shifting slightly to look up at the other, the demon would narrow his eyes a bit as he took notice of something. His arm was around the guy’s neck, but…

“Mmm. Did you tuck your hair inside your jacket or...is it actually shorter?” A random thing to be sidetracked by, but it was what it was.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Well, he most likely didn't anymore either at this point, but seeing as he was pretty much 6'5'', which was nearly a foot more than the other, it could sure be troublesome in certain scenarios. When it came to the weight...well, 130 was technically a lot for anyone to carry for longer periods of time unless the person was into some sort of weightlifting already and used to such. Still, he ought to be able to handle it for as much as was needed right now, which made it okay enough. ''Mmm, alright then.'' Well, guess that was good enough as long as the other was saying the truth there. Not that he had a way to confirm that though, so he'd just have to take it as it was.

He would blink a bit when an unrelated question was suddenly thrown at him afterwards. Well, he had frankly not even been thinking about that. Then again, it wasn't news to him, so he had no reason to have that on his mind.

''....I did cut my hair. Why do you ask?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:17 pm

130 pounds could be troublesome for the average Joe. Rika was highly aware of this, but trusted the other to know his limits and let him know if he needed to be let down or not. That aside, he was being as honest as he could be with his report to the other. There was no reason for him to lie about it or potentially wiggle so much that he could possibly be dropped. Besides the guy was doing him a huge favor here by carrying him so why make even harder than what it already was?

That aside the demon would just let out a small hum to the other’s words as he continued to rest against him until the hair conversation came up. As he looked up at him, the demon would respond back easily enough.

“I didn’t notice it, but I was holding onto ya and was like…there is no hair back here, so I got curious is all,” the demon said before pausing to observe him for a moment longer. “It’s a sharp cut. It looks good on ya,” he would say as he rested his head against the other’s chest again.

Last edited by Rika on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 pm

''Well, it's certainly easier to manage than super long.'' Not that he couldn't deal with that, otherwise he wouldn't have had it that way for a pretty long amount of time in the past, but still. He could work with both styles as long as it wasn't cut weirdly or such. He would snort lightly. ''Does that mean you like this better?'' Well, probably didn't matter in the end since he would be keeping this at least until it grew back whether anyone agreed or didn't. He just felt like asking to see what kind of answer he'd get.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:50 am

"I suppose it is," the demon would say with a light smile and then hearing the question, he would hum a bit in thought before answering. "Well hair length doesn't particularly matter to me. Sure some length can give the hands something to play with, but it is not necessary. Besides you look good either way." And it was true. The guy was just a very hot guy and while short hair was sexy on him, he had to admit the short hair didn't do anything to detract from him. If anything it allowed you to see more of that pretty face of his.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:59 am

He would raise an eyebrow. ''If length doesn't matter to you, then would you also have the same opinion in case I went bald or something?'' Usually people did have at least some sort of preference there, seeing as short and long weren't even the only options available. There can also be none, or something in between. Or maybe a weird combo of sorts. Some people get strange hairstyles...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:07 am

To this one the demon would look up at the other, his eyes narrowing as he tried to picture the guy without hair. "Hmm. That would take some getting used to be honest. While I don't mind various lengths, I do prefer styles that suit folk and honestly i can't see you being bald." It was a strange image in his head, so seeing it in reality would probably be like what for a bit until he adapted to it.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 am

Well....not many people looked good without hair, probably. Besides, that was most commonly seen in older men if anything. He would huff a bit. ''I don't think I'd ever do that. That'd be about as bad as me trying to have a beard. And what's worse, hair won't magically grow back right away if you don't like how it looks.'' Gotta be careful when cutting it, because it would stay that way for a good while and you won't be able to do anything about it.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 am

“Hmm. I can’t see you with a beard either. Can’t imagine myself like that either. If anything I might do a crazy hair color, but I am pretty logical with my hair styles. I prefer if they are easy to maintain. Also no hair does not grow back right away and it sucks to have a cut you hate. Been there done that and it was just bleh.” Careful indeed or you’d end up finding ways to cover it. Thankfully his hair grew back relatively fast so it wasn’t too big of a problem for long and he had his own natural ability to change his look at his advantage so he could hide under a different form until it was back. Still no fun looking at in the morning or when he did decide to shift back.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:38 am

''I look weird with anything beyond a light stubble. God forbid I'd ever try to grow a beard. And odd hair colors are probably out too. The majority would just clash with my skin color, and I'm not particularly keen on looking like a clown.'' Unless it was for a good reason. In which case, he would still rather just try a wig or something temporary like that instead of actually coloring his hair. That takes some time to wear out too after all. He was more or less stuck the way he was, but for the most part, he didn't really mind it. It wasn't really a bad thing.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

The demon would out a small "hmph" of amusement as he grinned a bit. "I dunno what you consider weird. Facial hair and me equal no. I look some sort of killer or something. As for hair colors, I can do most, but try to keep it more or less reasonable. Though I did try a neon green once. It was interesting to say the least." Yeah super bright colors and him were hit and miss. Some looked great and others didn't so for the most part he just let his hair remain normal and if he wanted to change it shift. At least in a shift mode it was only there until he decided to go back. Besides, he could do things to make it look better on him and it was cheaper too, but that was him. Not everyone had that ability.

Speaking of looks it seemed the demon wasn't feeling up to being a fox tonight since his fox ears would disappear along with his horns and be replaced by the familiar pinkish cat ears as his hair went back to pink and his red colored eyes became golden and cat like again. Even his tail which had been for he most part just chilling around his waist thinned out and became cat like again the golden fish earring there dangling off the end.

Despite nothing would happen to disrupt his weight, his body remaining the same portions and what not. The only bad thing would be if the other flipped out and dropped him from shock. Now that wouldn't have been pleasant at all. Still he believed he would be alright.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:14 am

''It just doesn't fit. And I'd look like an alien with green hair. I don't even need to try that to know. Some things are just an obviously horrible decision.'' Even darker/normal green would be completely off, and neon green would simply be a disaster. Any very light color would be, to be honest. He couldn't afford to do that. The contrast would be horrible. The combo can typically work well when one pairs light skin and dark hair...but the other way around just looks beyond silly outside of maybe one specific color that manages to somehow suit the person. If even. Hell no. If he did color his hair, it would have to be a darker color, and even then he would have to be careful about the shade to pick. Maybe dark blue or purple could work somewhat.

Regardless, he would give the other a brief '?' look at the sudden change, but thankfully for the other he wasn't that easily startled when it was something he was already aware of in some way. Besides, they were actually just about where they needed to be anyway, so he was going to put the guy down at this point regardless of that. The other had to go open his door and all by himself after all, now that they were past the stairs.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:45 am

"Heh an alien. Well I am not sure which is worse. Alien, clown, or the deranged looking. Either way, I've learned from sampling some things just don't work whether it is too short color or what have you. I admit I like a change, but I like to keep my mind blowing looks in tact you know?" he would say in mostly joking way as they reached continued their journey and in the end reached the top of the stairs.

He was happy the other didn't drop him or startle easily. He so did not want to meet the floor on top of potentially getting the guy hurt too. The questioning gaze the other gave him was greeted with a small shrug for the time being before the demon was bracing himself against pain as the other moved to put him down.

He would lean slightly against the other to get his footing back and compose himself before backing off a bit and looking up at him with a small smile.

"Thanks for the ride," he would say and then move a door away from the stairs before pausing to dig in his coat pocket for his keys. He would pull out a key ring with a small panda bear on it and after finding the right key he would get it into the door and open it, gesturing for the other to go in first as he held the door open for him.

The Home:
This space is a lot more spacious than his first apartment with more distinct rooms. The first place entered is a small entrance hall that has a closet to the left of it. Past the entrance hall the place widens into the living room where there is the sofa, a trunk under the window and an entertainment center with the TV, game systems, and dvd/blu-ray player there. Between the trunk and the entertainment center is a door that leads outside to the porch and wash/dryer room. The sofa is the same one from a year and half ago. The pictures around the room are simple oriental style ones. To the right of the TV is an open space where a large oriental vase sits. To the left of the vase is a door that leads into the bed room and to the right there is a door that leads into the bathroom. To the right side of the place rests a nice roomy space that holds both the kitchen and the dining room, the wall there cut out in such a fashion that those in the kitchen or dining room could look out into the living room. Much like the rest of the apartment it has been decorated in an oriental style
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:04 pm

''Neither of them is good for daily usage. And I opt to mostly not even try. Not when most things just end up looking worse than what I normally have anyway.'' Even if they don't happen to look bad, it's still not the best investment if it looks worse than it did before. Might as well stick to natural looks then, and simply own it. Frankly, he wasn't even the hugest fan of going through a lot or frequent changes. Can't enjoy your own looks or something, that you need to alter yourself with all the crazy colors and stuff? If anything, at least pick something that doesn't make you look like you fell into a random bucket of paint that isn't even meant to be seen on hair or so. And if you do choose to? Then maybe stick with one look for a long while. There are some people who change styles like socks, and it's honestly a weird trend these days.

That aside, the focus would switch soon after, and he would settle to wait as the other got his keys and all that as he rubbed one of his arms slightly. Hopefully he wasn't going to be sore later. That carrying did cause a bit of a strain since he wasn't used to lifting such weights up the stairs, and while it didn't actually feel specifically painful now, he couldn't be sure what would become of it after some time passed. Ah well. ''Mmm, you're welcome...'' Nevertheless, move in after a while, just leaning against the nearest wall for the time being as he took a brief look around.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:47 pm

"Well I can't argue there. I admit if you experiment do something small or temporary. Saves alot of grief and regrets to add to the books." Yeah investing in changing your hair or looks all the time was not exactly something that high on the demon's list. Yes he tried a color or two down the road, but honestly the only big change that he stuck with was the one he currently wore. He found the pink color and cat look just worked for him and so he had no issue flipping between that and his normal form. Even so, he wasn't going to be flipping and flopping all the time, so he would just wear the cat look until he got tired of it for now.

Looks aside though, he would let the other in following behind shortly after. Once inside, the demon would let the guy go in for now and only pause in the hall to get out of his own jacket. A pain, but he managed to do it quietly enough as he got his jacket in the closet.

From there he would move further in heading to the kitchen and a cabinet there as he spoke. "You can sit down if you want you know? Or are planning to leave before I can make good on my promise of a hot drink?" the demon would ask before pausing to open the cabinet and get down the pain killers. He would place that on the small counter that faced out towards the living room as he moved to the other cabinet to get a glass. Movement hurt, but he kept it in the only signs he was in pain being the careful way he moved or the flick of his tail.

that aside, he would continue as he placed the cup on the counter and looked over at the other with narrowed eyes as his light tone turned serious. "By the way, how are your arms?"

While he was by no means heavy, heavy, he was pretty sure that lugging him up the stairs was no easy task for the other. Even if he did seem fine, the demon did notice while they were out in the hall that the other had been rubbing his arms. He hoped he hadn't hurt or caused him to pull something back there...
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top