Top posting users this week
Sharaku

Rika

Mama Merk's Tavern

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mama Merk's Tavern

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:02 pm

‘’I like the way I am anyway.’’ He didn’t see the need for some drastic changes even if it was a temporary way of doing it. So that was that.

Hmmm. ‘’No. Though, I’d say you’re probably the one who should get to sitting down already.’’ Considering it was bad enough for him to need to carry the guy up the stairs so they would make it there this century, he didn’t particularly think the other should keep moving about any more unless he absolutely had to. At least for now. Honestly, he could make the tea or whatever even by himself. It’s not like he couldn’t orient himself in a kitchen unless the other had complete chaos there. Shaking his head to himself, he would get out of his coat as well. Like typically, he was wearing a shirt underneath, although this time around it was a dark red one unlike the white he used to have pretty much all the time back then. Once he was done with the clothes, he would move over to the other with a faint frown. ‘’I’ll be fine. Might be a bit sore later, but nothing worse than I’d get from a weightlifting workout at gym or such. You should honestly focus more on yourself at the moment.’’ Even if it may hurt a little later, it’s not like he would be as bad as the other apparently was anyway.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:17 pm

"Me too." Though whether that comment was directed at himself or the other was a mystery. Either way they would eventually get inside where a small disagreement would occur. When the the demon heard the first set of words, he would shake his head a bit a bit as he filled his glass with water from the sink.

"I'll be sitting down soon enough," he would say as he paused for a bit to get the painkiller from the counter. While the other was busy with his jacket, he’d get the bottle open and take two. He had just drained the cup down to half when the other came over answering his question. He would give him a light nod at first, but would settle golden eyes upon the other as his mind processed the rest. “I’ll live, but I can’t exactly sit down without getting you the coffee or tea now can I?” the demon would say, his voice non-hostile as he watched the other with a calm, yet tired expression. While he was trying to be a good host, it was apparent he needed rest, but he just couldn’t. He still had something to do. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust the other to be able to find his way around his kitchen. It was very much in order, but still….he couldn’t have his guest doing that…..
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:26 pm

He would blink slightly at the answers he was given, shaking his head slightly after a short moment of thought. ''I'm pretty sure you can. There's no magical power holding you from doing so. I'm right here already anyway, I can do it myself.'' It made no difference at this point. It wasn't even like it was a huge effort for him to do that, so he didn't see why would it be an inconvenience in any way if the other didn't do it for him. The guy could be stubborn all he wanted to, but he was sure willing to butt heads with him without hesitation was there any need to.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:56 pm

The demon would blink calmly. "I am sure you can, but I wouldn't be a very good host if I can't at least do that for you," he would say...Yeah, it probably made no difference in the end, but Rika could be stubborn when it came to taking care of others or doing things himself. He wasn't trying to be a pain in the ass with what he did though, its just even if he was hurting he didn't know how to stay down and while Merk worried over him and that was a bit odd, but bearable. As for the idea of having someone taking care of him, well that was a foreign concept to the demon who had always taken care of himself or others. . Even when the children and master had him, it was still the same way. He didn't know how to let others take care him and so when it came to being told to stay down the demon became more stubborn than needed. Still, given his condition it was a wonder how long he could fight back.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:04 pm

''...you think I'd be saying anything if I cared about getting served?'' Technically, if the rule is that the guest gets treatment..what if what they wish for is the exact opposite of being served? Wouldn't opposing that defeat the entire point of being a good host? Nevertheless, he wasn't about to back down anytime soon, so if the demon wanted to win this, it'd be a very long fight. ''If I say that I don't want you to do it, are you going to force it on me?'', he would raise an eyebrow. ''It's your call, but if you're going to keep being a mule, I'll have to first drag you over to sit down and then go make myself something.'' Might wanna pick the lesser evil man.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm

"....Well no...." the demon said watching him stubbornly. He just wanted to take care of the other. So what if he was hurting a bit...As for the rest of what was said, the demon would shake his head a bit. Well no. He wouldn't force it on the other, but still....He would look up at the other with narrowed eyes. He didn't look like he was going to move as he stayed in his spot, his hands gripping the edge of the counter as his tail swished. It looked as if he wanted to resist, but it was then that his body had to remind him not too. Despite taking pain relievers they hadn't set in completely, so the wave of pain that hit him was quite a whooper, but he did not fall as he held onto the counter for support to let it pass. Man....

He would look up at the other not happy one bit about this, but he couldn't win. Not this time....He would sigh a bit as he finally submitted to the defeat.

"...Fine..."
he would say before gathering up his strength to at least try to get to the sofa. He would somehow make it there on his own even though it was questionable at first when he swayed a bit. He would sit down on the sofa and carefully lean back on it his body almost immediately relaxing from finally being released from strain.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Good. He honestly didn't really want to have to resort to using force there. That would not be helpful for the guy either, and even less so were the other to resist him all the way. ''You're such a goof. Painkillers aren't going to heal this for you...'', he would comment offhandedly with a shake of his head as he watched the guy for a bit to make sure there was no need to help with the move. Seriously though, the guy couldn't want for this to pass/heal quick so he could go back to work ASAP and also purposefully agitate it until he could barely stand. That's like wanting one thing but doing everything you can to sabotage it instead.

In any case, once he was sure he wasn't needed for the moment, he would turn to searching for the stuff he needed and setting the water to boil. Hmm, where is the coffee? He would pause momentarily in the midst to glance at the other though. ''So...you actually never told me, but what kind of injury did you get?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Rika would snort slightly at what he heard. "Well, I can hope it can at least get me in position I can move again..." he would say as he trailed to the sofa to settle. He honestly did want to heal up quickly to get back on his feet in general; however, the fact remained that he was alone and still had to do for himself, so there was that. Even with another here, he still felt like he had to keep moving despite it not helping. He wasn't wired to just sit and let someone take over. No that was something he would have to learn, but one had to wonder if anyone would ever teach him that.

Perhaps that was a mystery he'd never solve. Either way once he was settled on the sofa, he'd close his eyes a bit feeling exhaustion hit him in a way it never had before. Heh guess he was more injured than he assumed...and that pain wasn't going away either. Shifting a bit in his spot to get more comfortable, he would carefully touch his left side and immediately get feedback with a bite of pain. Wincing lightly, he would open his eyes and look at the ceiling as he heard the question posed.

"...From what I can feel, I am thinking it is a case of bruised ribs. And if that is the case...I may not be going back to work any time soon," he would say with a sigh and then looking over at the other he would blink a bit before saying: "The tea and coffee are on the shelves in the cabinet above the coffee pot. Packets of sugar is there too and cream is in the fridge if you need it. Not sure why I didn't say that when I sat down..."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:04 pm

''You shouldn't be trying to move around too much though.'', he would huff faintly. Painkillers were there to help, but they weren't meant to be an excuse to keep pushing it because it hurts less with them, so there was that. Regardless, what was there really to teach? Laying down and resting isn't some sort of skill one needs to acquire, is it now? You just have to go and do it instead of making up excuses to move about instead. In the end, someone else can't really make the choice for you. It's something you have to accept yourself.

In any case, he would continue moving about a bit as he worked on the drink while thinking about the responses he got. ''Hmm, I see. You want something? I can make you one too while I'm already here.'' Might as well offer before they were both sitting down already? Speaking of offers....''Say, do you have some ice?''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:35 pm

“Maybe I shouldn’t, but what do you do when on your own hmm?” he would ask. He understood the purpose of painkillers, but outside of some minor rest he couldn’t sit still forever so there was that. Was it really an excuse when you had to do things to get through a day? And no. Resting wasn’t something he needed to be taught per se. It was more like getting used to someone caring for him. He had to admit it felt really odd right now- being down and his guest moving about like that. He wasn’t sure what to think on the matter even less so when said guest was asking questions he would’ve usually posed to him had things gone better.

To what he heard, he would think a bit on that before speaking. “...Yeah. I’ll take a cup of coffee. Two packs of sugar and a bit of cream..thanks. As for the ice, I should have some in the ice bin in the freezer…”
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm

''Didn't we already have this conversation earlier?'' Or at least a very similar one, that is. The guy even went as far as implying he would maybe ask him to help out back when they were still in front of the building. Did they really need to go through this all again? Anyhow, did this really need to be so odd? Just because they were in the demon's home right now, it didn't have to mean the guy absolutely had to be the one to handle things by default after all.

He would hum to himself faintly as he noted the new information. ''Alright.'' For a short while, he would remain silent as he worked on getting the cups of coffee readied up, moving towards the freezer afterwards, frowning a bit as he studied the contents in question. Right. He would scratch at his cheek slightly. ''Well, this won't do....'' Nope, he didn't particularly need small ice blocks here. Although...''Okay, plan B then, do you have any plastic sacks or anything akin to that?'' That could probably work fine enough...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39 pm

"Mmm? Did we?" the demon would ask with frown and then falling silent to think a bit he would shake his head a bit as he smiled slightly. "Heh. I suppose we did. Wasn't trying to make a loop. Sorry about that?" Was he really so out of it that he was forgetting stuff now or was he just a pro at going in circles and not realizing it? Hmm a mystery indeed, but one he didn't focus on too much since it wasn't hurting anything and other things came into play that distracted him.

He would hear the short response back and become quiet as he listen to the other move about in the kitchen, the comforting smell of coffee feeling the area as the other worked. He had his eyes closed for the moment, but would reopen them as the other said something about something not working and then was asking about plastic sacks for a Plan B? His mind not computing anything properly at the moment, he was kind of curious now what the other wanted with a plastic bag considering when he first heard the other ask for ice he had thought it had something to do with the coffee. Now he wanted a bag? Hmmm...

"Mmm. There are some plastic trash bags in the cabinet under the sink, but if you mean like sandwich bags or the like there are some bags of various sizes in the big cabinet by the stove." The demon would say looking over at him wondering what he was up to.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Ah well. ''Speaking of that...were you serious about asking me back then or not?'' Well, it was a little too late to shoo him away at this point, but it would still be nice to know just what did the guy have on mind. Seeing as he was implying he would take the help one moment, and resisting it at another. So which one would it be then?

Puzzles aside though, he would move away from his ice inspection for a moment to go and pour the water into the cups so that he didn't forget and let it cool off too much while he did other stuff. With that done, he would move to take the other's cup over to the guy. ''Here you go. And I suppose the latter will do.'' Trash bags were likely going to be too big for this, so he would have to inspect the other option. Which ought to work just fine as long as they weren't all paper bags or such. Seeing as those would just soak through and make a mess.

Going back to the kitchen, he would focus on getting some ice into said bag for now, assuming he did find a suitable one for this.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:38 pm

"Originally, it was just a what if sort of deal, but," the demon would sigh a bit as he shook his head looking up at the ceiling for a moment before sighing. "Now that the pain has gotten like this and I have a hunch as to what it causing it, I suppose....yes. I..will need help..Though I hate burdening you like that..." He did try to resist, but in the end the facts were what they were. Until he could get back on his feet he would need assistance or rather someone that would force him to rest; however, he did not know how to exactly ask for help in a way that was not awkward and so the end statement had come versus a flat out question. Was he asking for help? Yes in his own odd way he was trying though how well the other caught on was another matter.

Well where that went it would go the demon becoming quiet until the other brought over the coffee. Moving to sit up a bit and grab the cup did cause a bit of pain to flare up, but it seemed the painkillers were kicking in cause it wasn't as intense as before. Regardless, he would give the other a light smile. "Thanks..." he would say before watching the other go back into the kitchen still unsure why he wanted a plastic bag - something the guy would find easily enough for there were three boxes in the cabinet. One was a small bag, then a medium sized one and then finally a large one. All of them were plastic and designed to seal easily. In fact if the other dug around, he'd also be able to find some towels in the drawer if he needed those for whatever he had in mind.

In any case, the demon would study the other for a few seconds before looking away and down at the coffee. He would take a sip of the warm liquid. It was...nice and kind of had him smiling a bit as his ears picked up on the sound of the other messing with the ice, but it still didn't register to him what he was doing. Slow brain was slow brain.

For the moment though, he left the other alone and drank a bit more of the coffee.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:54 pm

He would hum faintly. ''I don't mind. And I'm already everyone's maid anyway, so it can't get worse that that.'' Whatever he meant by that would remain a mystery for the moment, but he didn't seem to be bothered by the notion either way. Had he wanted to complain about this, he would have done so a while ago already.

That aside, having delivered the coffee over and all, he would work on the ice for a bit. For the time being, he picked the medium bag, figuring that would be enough. Not too small but also not so big it would get in the way where it shouldn't. Once he was done with what he needed to do, he would walk back to the guy, pausing to give him a look over with a brief frown. ''Hmm....''
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:55 am

"I see," the demon would say not sure how he felt about the matter yet; however, he wasn't going to push him away after asking and then in turn getting pretty much a yes that he would help him out.Despite that, the demon would find himself blinking as he tilted his head a bit. "What do you mean by that?" Did the guy have a job as a maid? Or did he just do stuff for a ton people anyway and now he was added to the list? Well if it was the latter that sure wouldn't help with determining if asking the guy for help was a good idea or not. Either way the demon didn't over think as he simply waited for an answer as he watched the guy.

That aside, he would get the coffee and for the moment stay quiet as he just drank the hot liquid at a slow pace; however, he would stop as he saw the other come back over with a bag of ice in hand. It took him a second to to register what was going on, but once it all clicked he would watch the guy quietly for a few seconds before looking away to the left where a little table sat. being careful, he would shift a bit to put the coffee on the table. The slight move caused of bit of stinging from his left side, but he managed before going back to his original position.

"It's...the left side," he would say and then furrowing his eyebrows a bit he looked down at his clothing. He had a jacket and a shirt to get off to apply it didn't he? Right...

Moving to sit up a bit more, the demon would move to get the jacket of and was doing fine until it came to getting his arms out. He would pause as his side protested to the usual way of doing it, the light pain making him frown a bit before he looked up at the other reluctantly for help...

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:18 am

What did he mean indeed. At first, he would shrug lightly. ''That was mostly a joke.'' Well, it wasn't like he had such a job. To be honest, while he would be capable of doing that, too much of being told what to do by random people would probably start getting on his nerves after a while. It wasn't like him to just do whatever he was told to unless he felt personally motivated to do it, or at least interested in helping the person for whatever reason. Therefore, if he did do it, it'd likely be for someone he already knew or such. ''Serious answer though, I do help my neighbors watch their kid since they're often busy, and stuff so there is that.'' Oddly enough, since one would probably think babysitting was the last thing he'd do if they knew him from back then. Things happen though, apparently.

Odd exchanges aside, he would watch the other move about, thinking. Well, good thing seemed to be that he didn't need to explain what he was after. He wasn't sure at first since the guy hadn't asked what was he doing or anything since he started asking for unusual items. ''Alright.'' He would frown a bit though, trying to figure out how to do this while the other was sitting. Guess the guy would have to hold it there with one arm? There wasn't really much else to do, since the only other way would be tying something around the guy to help keep it there, but tight compression like that wouldn't be a very good idea for the injury. Ah well. Shoving the thought away for later however, he would settle the bag on the table for a moment to free both his hands as he shifted to go help the other pull his sleeves off.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:19 am

Oh a joke huh? Well he guess he missed that one a bit though when he heard the follow up the demon would tilt his head a bit at that one. “You watch kids, huh? I thought you didn’t care for them too much.” If he was recalling the conversations of the past the other wasn’t to thrilled about the idea of kids back then. Maybe over time that had changed? Well he wouldn’t push for that answer just yet letting the conversation go where it would on its own.

In time though things would change a bit as the other brought the ice pack over and then a bit later was helping him get the jacket off. It was odd having another assist him with this, but the demon was as cooperative as he could be given the circumstances. They would get the jacket off leaving only the shirt to contend with now. The demon would get the process started working with the buttons - still a challenge it seemed, but not as bad as before - until the shirt was unbuttoned fully. Shifting a bit, he would begin to move to get it off, but this time allowed the other to aid him to make the process as smooth as possible.

As the shirts came off, the other would be able to see the small cut across the chest from the knife and see that the demon seemed to have a few new scars added to the mix though from what it was hard to tell; however, those would be minor things for the true culprit revealed itself upon the demon’s pale skin. Sitting in a spot a short distance beneath the left breast was an area of agitated and swollen skin. It was already turning a bit purple from the impact that had been there. The bruising may die down, but the pain wouldn’t. Seeing the damage the demon would frown. “Bastard got me pretty good with that one…” he would mutter with a light shake of his head. Humans these days....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:50 am

''I still don't for the most part. It depends on circumstance though.'' No, that much hasn't changed. He wasn't very thrilled about the idea of having kids, at least. That's kind of different. His tolerance levels had a limit, and while you can manage your amount of involvement when looking after someone else's kid here and there...well, when you have your own, there's no such thing as feeling in the mood for the job one day and not another. You've got no choice there. Plus, he was just better with older kids...and if younger then at the very least 3 years old or so. Babies were just hmmmm, how about no?

Children talk aside, it was time for clothes and icing struggles. Well, it wasn't as much of a struggle as it could have been, but the injury in question probably would be. Alas, there honestly wasn't much that could be done with it. Ice could help against the swelling/bruising a bit, however it would have to heal by itself in the end. There weren't magical pills or lotions for that type of thing, painkillers notwithstanding as they didn't actually do anything in that area. Even if the guy ended up visiting a doctor for this...as long as nothing was truly broken, he would likely just get told to take it easy for a while and not overexert himself. Which was a no-brainer in any case.

He would frown lightly. ''Well, at least it didn't break any bones though? That would have been even worse.'' Broken ribs could be dangerous if they went and poked into other organs on accident, so this was still a somewhat better deal. Hmmm. Nevertheless, he would turn towards the table to grab the ice, and proceed to try pressing it against the place carefully. He didn't want to make it hurt more, but there wasn't a way of doing this without direct contact, so that would be that. Hopefully the other wouldn't jump from the sudden cold either. ''Hmmm, well you'll probably going to have to hold it there with your arm while you sit though.'' Ah well.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 am

“I see. Well, that is still kind of ya to do that for folk.” And it was kind of cute in a way. While the guy wasn’t exactly lovely dovey all the time, the demon thought that he would still make a pretty good parent if he were ever to change his mind on having kids of his own. As amusing as that was though, the demon would let that thought linger only for a bit before focusing on getting out of his clothing so the wound could be exposed and ice could be applied.

The injury was going to pain in the neck that was for sure. Just moving to do simple things agitated it and even breathing pulled at it a bit. Without the painkillers it was going to be hellish, but at least no where on the level of that of broken bones. Still even if the bones weren’t broken, if the pain continued to get worse he might have to go to the doctor to get something more powerful than the painkillers he had around. While he was managing, he could still feel the throb of the injury even after taking the two he had. Hmm...he’d have to see how things progressed.

“I don’t think that anything is broken, but depending on where this pain decides to land I might have to see a doctor anyway. For now I am managing and yeah…it could’ve been,” the demon said with slight smirk. While he had been fortunate not get anything broken yet, he had pain a lot worse than this due to a sprain a while back. Though which would be more annoying in the long run would had yet to be seen. Either way the demon wouldn’t resist or struggle too much when the ice was applied. Yes he did let out a hiss and closed his eyes due to both pain and coldness. And yes he also did move a bit; however, it wasn’t anything major to disrupt what the other was doing. He would settle soon enough as the initial discomfort passed and he reopened his eyes to look at the other as he spoke.

“Mm. Okay,” he would say as he adjusted himself so he could secure the ice pack against his side a bit. Blinking a bit, he would look the other up and down slightly before giving him a sheepish smile. “One and half years and the first thing that happens to ya is this when we meet again. Ironic the shit that happens when we are together, huh?” Well despite the situation the demon seemed to be handling it well versus going into depressed mode like in the past, so there was that.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:59 am

‘’I’m going soft. I wonder what kind of plague did I catch.’’, he would roll his eyes slightly. Well, he certainly didn’t lose his sarcastic edge though. In any case…the issue wasn’t exactly that he wouldn’t make a good parent. He knew what to do if he had to. It was more the fact that the idea of chaining himself down with raising a kid for years on end simply didn’t appeal to him. He liked his free time and being able to have quiet time whenever he wanted to. With a kid of pretty much any age in the picture, that would go right out of the window. If he had to pick between having a kid in his life and any other type of goal to work on, he would definitely be inclined to pick to focus on the latter. Perhaps that’s just the way he was. Not to say that he would run off if a kid did happen somehow of course, but still.

Anyhow…’’Does something like this happen often?’’ Well, violent drunk people and the like were probably decently common in bars If he had to make a guess. There were plenty people who didn’t watch their habits or even drank themselves away on purpose. It honestly sounded like a somewhat sour type of job to always be putting yourself in danger of injuries like that. Who would enjoy being in pain fairly often? Regardless, once everything was done the way it needed to be, he would snort lightly at the comment from the other as he walked off a bit to go get his own coffee before it went cold. ‘’This time we weren’t the cause of the trouble though. It would have happened whether I was around or not. Except you would have probably ended up passed out on the stairs or something.’’ Well, he did carry the guy up like 2 and half floors…and the other could barely stand enough to crawl to the sofa a few moments after that once they were inside. If it shot him down that quick from that moment on, would he really have made it up all those stairs in the first place? ‘’So technically, this ended up favorably for you. And as for me, I didn’t have any plans for tonight anyway, so it’s no big deal.’’ He had more or less just been wandering at that point, and decided to for once go sit somewhere inside for a while due to the cold weather outside. That said, he would move over to sit on the free space of the sofa with his coffee in hand.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:17 pm

“I would think you don’t have anything at all, if you can dish out words like that still.” The demon would say with a soft chuckle quite amused that despite the pain that some things hadn’t changed within the other. Kids were kids and while he had a higher tolerance for them and wouldn’t mind having one of his own, he could understand what he would lose if he did settle for one, so for the moment he was good without them. He much rather do as much as he could while free before deciding such a change.

That aside, the demon would remain more or less in his spot, holding the ice pack against his injury the best he could as he heard the other ask a question. To what he heard, he would shake his head. “The risk is always there, but to be honest are clientele are pretty reasonable. Sure you got a few loose cannons that will start stuff, but they typically don’t do more than throw insults my way. Since I’ve been there I would say this is the second time this has occurred to me though last time I didn’t get too injured because the guy was so wasted that after one swing he was down and out. Tonight was just an unlucky one for me I guess.” Yes his job had the risk of injury, but pain thankfully only came once and while and typically it wasn’t even unruly customers that did it. Usually it just things in life that came around and just took out for a bit. The job wasn’t that bad even though this round showed it did have fangs of its own to bare occasionally. Even so the demon wasn’t planning on quitting. He liked his job and his boss well enough to not call it quits just because he got injured here and there, but that was a ramble for another time.

“Well that is true,” the demon would begin remembering how...intense it had been between them in the past. It was rough back alright, but yet somehow here they were again. He wondered though...if the guy was interested in trying again. The thought would cross his mind briefly, but he didn’t act upon in any fashion as he pushed it to the back burner for now. While it was nice having Sharaku here, how involved they would be with each other he would let time decide. Anyway… “I dunno. I probably would’ve eventually got up the steps. Just would’ve taken forever in a day and more rests than I care to admit. It would’ve been hell, so I am very grateful it was you that I met tonight. Even more grateful you stuck it out with me too. I truly owe you one,” he would say as he looked over at the other with a tired smile as he sat down on the free spot on the sofa. He would watch the other quietly for a second before his eyebrows furrowed a bit as a thought hit him. “Speaking of tonight...You don’t plan on heading back home tonight do ya?” It was getting late and there was snow to contend with too. That walk would be no fun.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 pm

‘’I think my sense of humor is immune to such things.’’ The one thing that wouldn’t go away too easily, that was for sure. But hey, he’d be bland if he was always Mr. serious and robotic, no?

He would raise an eyebrow slightly at the explanation given a little later. ‘’People like that seriously need to get knocked over the head.’’ Even if it was just insults and the like, inappropriate behavior could be pretty disgusting and a large mood killer for everyone in the near vicinity. And most of them are probably not first-time drinkers if they don’t just pass out to begin with, so they must be in some way aware of how much of a bother they are in that state. Yet, they still do it without care? Certain notions could be really hard to understand, in all honesty.

Ah well, whatever though. He would huff lightly when the guy went on to act all thankful and stuff, shifting in his seat a bit to reach over his free hand and try to pinch the demon’s cheek slightly. ‘’You shouldn’t make such a big deal out of it. I’m not even interested in having someone owe me.’’ Not really. It was just a hassle to keep track of the fact. He himself didn’t do things for others based on whether he owed them or not anyway. What you do is your call in the end. You could technically owe someone because they forced their niceties on you, but that alone doesn’t make you obligated to actually do anything about it unless you decide you want to. That said, he would blink when he was posed with a new question. ‘’…what time is it anyway?’’ Again. There’s quite a bit of déjà vu in this one. Or maybe it was just that he didn’t care to pay attention to the time period. He would shake his head though. ‘’Do you plan to kick me out?’’ He figured probably not, but might as well poke at it. Mostly jokingly though. ‘’Either way, I’m fine whatever happens I suppose. Although, if I do stay, this is kind of impromptu. I don’t even have anything else to wear besides what I have on me now….’’ Amongst other things. It’s a little different to be prepared for an overnight stay somewhere, and to be doing it on spot. It could easily crop up stuff like clothes/shower issues and so on.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 pm

The demon would grin at that one. “Well that is a good thing.” Indeed the guy would be rather boring if he remained serious all the time and lord knew boring was not the name of the game here, right? Anyway, the demon would shrug just a tad at the next topic.

“Eh. Well, that would certainly be a lot to slap in that department. Could become quite rich if one were to charge for the slappings too.” Yes it was a very unattractive behavior, annoying and made some uncomfortable or feel bad for the guy that had to send the people home. However, being called everything under the sun and then some Rika took the mental lashings seeing the adults doing that more like little kids having a temper tantrum because they couldn't have their way. And well if one wanted to behave that way for whatever reason they’d have to pay the price. Only the big kids that behaved were allowed to stay after all. Simple logic really, but logic that always seemed to go out the door when some went past a certain drink limit.

Grown folk acting like children aside, the demon didn’t even try to intercept the pinch on the cheek due to not wanting to move at that moment. So he would take it as he gave the other a sheepish half smile. “Even so it doesn’t change the score my friend,” the demon would say though not in such a way as to start a fight or anything. It was just how he ran If someone was nice to him, he figured he should pay the kindness back. Not to call it even or anything, but rather because it felt like the right thing to do versus just taking and never giving. That could seem like one was taking advantage of another...and he definitely didn’t ever want to come off that way, so there was that.

That aside, the demon would blink a bit before moving his head to squint up at the wall clock. “It’s almost 10:50,” he would say before looking back at the other. Deja vu indeed, but thankful the situation wasn’t the same as the last round. As for that question, the demon would give the other a slight smirk as he shook his head. “Mmm. I am afraid I am a bit to selfish to do that. I am really enjoying your company right about now.” A truth despite the light hearted way it was said. “Seriously though. I don’t exactly want you sloshing through snow at this time of night when you could just crash here. I don’t mind it...though your concerns are mostly valid. I can save ya a bit on the hygiene side, but not so much on the clothing side.” He did keep extra toothbrush and stuff just because he stocked like that, but clothing was a problem. The guy was way taller than him and yeah no sharing of under garments please. Either way it was the other’s choice in the end, so the demon left the offer there for now.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 am

‘’Someone has to make those people realize they’re being stupid.’’, he would shrug lightly. If they always got off more or less easy, they’d have no serious enough reason to re-evaluate their behavior. Get escorted outside? Just try again later or go into a different bar to test the luck there. Or maybe just harass people outside randomly if they’re already drunk enough at that point. No one’s gonna stop them. With the exception of the really severe situations where the person actually needs to be detained by cops or such.

He would huff. ‘’Nor do I have to accept it.’’ Personally, he didn’t hold onto the whole give-take business too hard. Yes, repaying is nice but you can’t always aim to do so. Besides, certain people may even deserve to get taken advantage of due to things they do. Would the concept of being nice and all unconditionally and the whole idea of selflessness really exist if people had to always be nice back? That basically turns it into a more of a trade situation. I give you something, you give me something back later. When you know that’s how it will go, it may just become more of a planned thing than true kindness.

He would frown a bit at the mention of time. Already? Sigh. Well, he wasn’t really feeling tired though, so guess it was okay. ‘’So I actually am getting kidnapped?’’, he would snort faintly before shaking his head. ‘’Well, I suppose I can deal somehow. I could probably fit in your clothes at base but the sleeves and all would be super short…’’ Using pants as shorts or something? Well, he would have to see what he could do. He didn’t exactly want to sleep in what he had now. That’s not very comfortable. He could always try to sleep in just underwear….buuut it was winter now. Being cold the whole night was not the best solution either…
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top