The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Agatha's Ranch

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Agatha's Ranch - Page 3 Empty Re: Agatha's Ranch

Post by Rika Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 am

"I will make a note of that," the demon would say with a nod. He could work on not flipping out over everything and perhaps actually show he had much more faith in the other than he usually showed. Maybe the change could help not only the situation between them, but perhaps himself. Maybe if he could show faith in another, he could also display faith in himself. He would have to see as time went on.

"Alright and yeah night time on a horse is a tricky time. Especially around here," the demon would say as his eyes drifted to the open fields and the woods nearby. He would ponder something for a bit before looking back at Sharaku as he gave a frown. "Well that won't be a problem. I can open it for ya when you are ready. Though I suppose it won't amount to anything if I don't have my own ready. I am going to be going over to the stable next door. Did you need me to bring you anything or are you all good here?"
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:40 pm

He would scratch at his cheek a bit. ''No, I don't think I need anything...'' He had grabbed the basic stuff he needed before they headed off here, so he could just go grab where he put it down and work with that. And he didn't think it necessary to use any extra equipment that wasn't really needed. ''Anyway, as long as you're not about to rush getting ready, and plan to say hi to your horse first, I think I'll be good by the time you're done. I don't think this should take too long.'' Unless she started giving him trouble again, but that was something he'd deal with if it happened to come.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:06 pm

"Mmm. Alright then," the demon would say as he straightened up from leaning against the fence and stretched a bit as he looked around the area. Good thing he hesitated versus rushing off considering the other continued on. To what he heard, the demon would chuckle lightly. "Nah there is no rushing when it comes to my kid man. So I could be a while. Regardless, I think ya'll be alright. She seems to be okay with you anyway," the demon would say as he glanced over at the horse that was nibbling at the grass still close by a sign she was comfortable with the other. Smiling slightly, the demon would look back at the other. "Anywho, I'll be back soon," he would say and then move slightly as he was about to leave, but then seeming to have a second thought on something, he would turn back to the fence and stand on it a bit for some height. As he balanced himself, he would try to grab the other slightly by his shirt tugging downward hoping that would get the guy to lean down a bit. If he did, the demon would attempt to plant kiss on the guy's cheek. How successful that was weelll...time would tell.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:44 am

''Just don't take a century.'' He would snort lightly. A bit of time rather than having next to none would be good, but if he ended up waiting forever for the other to get back, it wouldn't be the greatest either. He would certainly like to get back home today still, and there was no telling how long they would spend out, and then there was the ride home afterwards as well. Better not overshoot too much. In any case, his musings would get interrupted when the other decided to come up and grab him. Not having much of a reason to push back, he would give, albeit a little confused at what the guy was doing. ''Thanks...?''
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 am

"I won't," the demon would say with a grin before moving to do what he did next. When the other gave and allowed him to perform the action, the demon would give him a lopsided smile of pleasure. "Any time," he would say and then hopping off the fence. He would leave the guy for now as he moved towards the stables where his own horse was kept seeming content with the outcome of things.

Meanwhile Black Rose would casually move along her area looking about as she seemed to explore things in her own way.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 am

He would just blink at the other, muttering under his breath slightly. ''Please don't.'' While this wasn't exactly torturous or anything, he didn't necessarily want to encourage the guy to do it super often either. It just didn't feel right. Nevertheless, this was not really the time for conversations of that type, so he would let the matter go.

In any case, he would move over to grab some of the things he needed for this, opting to start simple with the bridle as he moved to approach the horse..Let's see...
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 am

The demon would give a faint smile as he heard the words the other said and nodded, seeming to understand rather than getting upset about the matter. Perhaps he had gotten lucky this round, but he wasn't going to push his luck on the matter. Either way, they would have to find time to chat about this matter later for now it was time to deal with horses.

Leaving the area for the time being, the man was left with the horse who didn't seem to mind this situation at all. When she saw the man approaching her with equipment, the horse would stop her wandering and turn to face him. She would let him come close only taking a few small steps back not to run, but rather out of slight respect for the other who had bested her before.

Meanwhile, Rika would enter the stables and after moving down the short row of horses, he would find his own. The lovely paint greeting him with a happy neigh and toss of her head. The demon would smile as he moved to open the door, so he could get in the space to pet and talk with her.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 am

Later, yes. There probably were some things that needed addressing still, due to how it went the first time. Besides, it was a rather sudden thing back then anyway.

That said, he would give the horse a faint smile, approaching her to give her a light pet on the neck for a bit before attempting to try to put on the bridle and reins on her properly. Let's see whether she would stay still willingly or he'd have to maneuver around to get this done. Hopefully he wouldn't have to fight too much, as that would make it harder for him to get this done right, plus it would waste a lot more time.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am

Perhaps there were things to be settled. The demon was unsure, but he knew for sure that whatever was the issue would have to wait for another time. As he walked away, the demon would try to place the worry that naturally came when he felt he had made an eror in the back of his mind. he acknowledge it was there, but he refused to let it bring him down. It would be okay...no need to work himself up.

The demon would tell himself this as he moved about the stables going into the stall with Cool Whip, who he talked to for a short time before moving to get the equipment needed to get her ready for riding. While he did that, the black horse would let the tall male approach her easily enough, her head only moving a bit when he tried to put the bridle on; however, the man would find the horse was rather calm as she allowed him to put the bridle on, seeming to be okay with this as she kept an eye on him.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 am

The issue was mostly the difference between how they perceived matters of this kind, but probably important to have a talk about nevertheless. If it continued to cause constant worries whether out in the open or just internally, it could end badly without being put out on the table eventually.

''Good.'', he would pet the horse a bit, more or less glad she was behaving and not making him chase her with the equipment. That would have been a bad start, and possibly a cause for him to delay riding even more. Soon enough though, he would move on to try and deal with the saddle and stirrups this time. Once that was all done and settled, things should be mostly in order. He didn't really plan to use additional equipment that wasn't necessary. Most of them were more agitating for the horse than helpful anyway, and if you can't handle/teach your horse without using a whip and the like, then maybe you shouldn't be sitting on it, right?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 am

Rika would move about the stable placing the equipment on needed on his horse, everything he used designed so that the horse would not be stressed out or overloaded during riding. He work on the bridle and reins before moving onto the saddle, pausing here and there to pet or talk with Cool Whip who was being her usual bundle of love.

Meanwhile Sharaku would have a slightly different experience. As he got on the first piece of equipment and patted the horse, she would move her head to bump him slightly in response seeming to be returning the love versus trying to fight him. In any case, she would continue to behave not really minding him putting on the saddle and other items. She did occasionally shift her weight during the process, but at least she wasn't trying to run away or anything. So the guy was good for the equipping process.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Well, he didn't necessarily require a horse that would be all over him anyway. Such a thing was kind of rare either way, as horses weren't dogs, and many of them actually didn't like being hugged and touched in overabundance. If everything went fine and seemed to be okay, then it probably was. It was generally fairly easy to see when a horse was agitated in some way.

In any case, once he was done getting all the necessary equipment securely in place where in needed to be and making sure it wasn't too loose nor too tight and all those things, he would pause for a moment to give his work one last look over. Well, it ought to be alright as long as nothing went wrong for different reasons. Nevertheless, after a short while, he would attempt to get up on her back, putting one leg in one of the stirrups and swinging himself over. Luckily enough, as tall as he was, he naturally had long legs too and it certainly made it easier for him to get on top of even taller horses without having much issue. Usually, at least.

Assuming he did manage to do it without any serious interference, he would simply get comfortable in the seat for now, holding the reins loosely, letting the horse get accustomed to it first before trying to get her to move in some way.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Rika would get his job done easily enough pausing to readjust a strap on the saddle before with a nod he would pat Cool Whip on the neck. "Such a sweet girl," he would say with a smile before taking the lead in one hand and without even having to tug led the horse out of the stall.

Meanwhile Black Rose would remain still during the equipment process for the most part and when the guy got on she would let him on alright, staying still for just a few ticks before deciding she wanted to move. With a light snort she would move forward not seeming to care if her rider was secure or not. Well at least she had decided to walk versus run....
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Well, he would be a sad excuse of a rider if he fell off just because a horse started walking without being told to. It wasn't hard to hold on during that even when not completely secure. He had enough balance and strength for that. Nevertheless, he wasn't the most pleased about that type of behavior. For now though, he wouldn't act against it, seeing how as much as he could make her halt, that would go against an attempt to get a ride going in the first place.

Instead, he would simply get a firmer grasp on the reins, and try to lead her to walk in a circle by the fence of the area. Let's see if she was willing to listen first.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Well, she would most certainly continue to walk resisting only slightly at the tug on her reigns, but in the end going in the direction the man wanted her to go. As she moved along the fence she would shake her head a bit, but so far wasn't bucking or trying to dash off.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Not like she really could go super fast for as long as they were in the enclosed area with limited space. Unless she wanted to risk ramming herself into a fence at some point. That would honestly not benefit either of them. That said, he did take note of the stubborn behavior, but for the time being, he would not push it. He preferred to not use harsh methods until it was inevitable to do so. He certainly could have a firm hand and show the horse that being an ass was a bad choice, but it wasn't his first go to. Perhaps he wouldn't end up needing to anyhow. It was uncertain just yet.

He did have to try things however, so despite the potential issues that could happen, he would opt to cue her to trot. He had nothing against a faster pace, and he needed to see how well she responded anyway.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:20 pm

As stubborn as the horse was and simply wanting to go her way, the fact she bent to the man's whim by going to the fence was a sign of some respect for the other, but how much one had to wonder. When she was commanded to trot, she did so well enough for a few moment, but then she started to try to go towards the middle of the area, her movement becoming a bit more quicker as she shook her head a bit her body tense...
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:32 pm

He would frown to himself slightly, a little confused at what was this supposed to be about. It wasn't like she would accomplish much by changing course seeing as they couldn't go out of the area at the moment, unless she was just trying to rebel simply for the sake of it. Seeing as she was fine when he was on the ground though, it raised a question why was this needed. Regardless, he would let her at the moment, wanting to see what she wanted to do before deciding how to proceed with this.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Despite the horse behaving while he was on the ground that did not necessarily mean she was prepared to submit fully to the man. Yes, she didn't buck or anything like that, but for the moment she wanted to do her own thing rather than be command thus the reason she went off the path she was on and decided to pick up the pace slightly without command. She would cross to the other side before turning to move along the fence and trotting along fence once before pausing halfway along the fence and going across again. She kept up her pace, but seemed to prefer to go in different directions versus constantly around the pin. Odd horse was odd horse, but maybe she was entertaining herself in a way or seeing how much the man would let her get away with. After all, he hadn't done anything about the earlier stubborness and didn't seem to stop her for doing as she pleased now. Maybe she thought she could be boss after all. She could hope no?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:09 am

Well yes, he was willing to let up at times, mostly to see what was going on. Sometimes there could be a different reason for an animal to act a certain way than just them rebelling on purpose. And it's not like they can actually speak to tell you. Nevertheless, that did not mean he was going to accept being led around just because. If she thought he wouldn't do a thing about that just because he chose to not play rough from the beginning, then she was quite wrong. He let her go across once, but on the second time, he would pull on the reins to make her go right back towards the fence she tried to move away from. ''Alright, enough of that.'' A horse can only really go straight where it's looking. If he forced her head to one side, she would have to go that way. He didn't like using too much pressure as it wasn't fun for either side, but if she wanted to fight him, he'd show her he'd have none of that.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 am

Hmm. Perhaps she couldn't fight the other even if she wanted to travel her own path. When she felt the tugs on the reins, she let out a low neigh much like a child fussing about not getting its way, but she obeyed nonetheless moving in the direction she was commanded to go. Despite her behavior, she wasn't kicking or bucking showing that perhaps what the man was dealing with was just stubborness more so than aggression. Perhaps the horse just liked him for some reason or maybe what happened on the ground helped with the matter. It was hard to say, but at least she somewhat listened...even when she didn't want to at times.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:17 pm

He would huff slightly, not sure whether he should be amused by this or mildly bothered. Of course, stubbornness was better than flat out aggressiveness, yes, but it could still be a dangerous affair if your horse decided to unexpectedly do its own thing when you weren't prepared to react for some reason. Maybe less so for a more experienced rider, but nevertheless a possibly troubling thing to deal with.

Either way, he would free up one hand to give her a light pet for a moment, before just more or less focusing on keeping her trotting alongside the fence for the time being, not really having much else to be doing in there. He had to wait for the demon to come back anyhow.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:27 pm

The horse would seemed to enjoy the pat and for the most part did exactly as she was told after that not veering off the path she was put on. Even when the demon came back to the area the horse would continue on her path with her rider. It seems she wasn't going to give him more trouble anytime soon. Guess the human had won.

Meanwhile, Rika would approach the fence with Cool Whip the pair watching the male and the black horse. Rika wore an amused and proud smirk on his face glad that Sharaku didn't look worse for wear and look, he was actually riding the horse! The demon never thought he would see such a day. He suppose Sharaku was special after all to tame the wild beauty of this ranch so easily. Either way he wouldn't disturb them as he watched for now.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Well, that was certainly good news, as long as it would actually last consistently. That was something he would have to probably find out en route though, as there was no real way to predict what would happen in time. That said, he was paying enough attention to his surroundings to notice the other coming by, and while he let is pass for a few moments, he would eventually opt to prompt the horse to slow down into a walk as he turned his gaze towards the other. ''Did you come over to ogle me, or are we getting out already?'' Speaking of getting somewhere, where was the manager lady anyway? It's been some time already. Hmmm.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:52 pm

The demon would watch the other for a while, but as the other slowed and asked him the question, the demon would shrug with a small smile. "I dunno. I kinda like watching you there for a bit," he would say and then becoming a bit serious, he would shift in his position. "Well I guess we can get going. I'll come unlock the fence for...Oh. Never mind," the demon would chuckle as he saw Agatha coming back over and upon seeing Sharaku on the horse and riding the horse with no issue, the woman would huff as she placed her hands on her hips. "Well I be damned. I missed all the fun thanks to that last bunch wanting to know everything. And now you've gone and got her to behave. Such a shame," she would say as she shook her head. "Either way. It looked like ya'll want to get out of here, so I'll let ya'll go," she would say before moving to the gate and undoing the lock. She would let it swing open making sure to keep room between herself and the horse. She expected her to charge out, but surprisingly the horse didn't. "Hmph. Well, I'll pay ya when ya'll are on the way off the ranch on Rika," she would say to the demon.

"No. It's fine. You can keep the money this round," the demon would say before becoming quiet to get on his horse, his movement starting with a small hop due to his height making it not so easy to just swing on. Either way, he would get onto his horse and with a light tug of the reins, he would get her to go in the direction of the opened gate.

"Well alright then. You two have fun then," the ranch owner would say seeming a bit stunned at Rika's refusal to take the winnings. Either way, she would stay around until the pair were on the trail. Once they were on the move, she would close the gate and watch them go off with an amused smile on her face.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum