The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Nothing Is Ever Simple I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Nothing Is Ever Simple

2 posters

Go down

Nothing Is Ever Simple Empty Nothing Is Ever Simple

Post by Rika Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 am

His plan was simple enough: Take Sharaku to the Forest of Spirits and go to the other side. From there, he could show Sharaku the world he came from and they could just explore the place for a bit. Once done there, perhaps they could do something else provided no one was sleepy or the time allowed them to do something extra. Point was this outing was suppose to be more or less relaxing. A way to stretch out the legs, explore, and clear the mind. That sort of thing you know? His plan was simple.

That is what the demon thought as he exited his home with the other and mounted the bike. That is what he thought as they took the ride out of the city and through the countryside until they finally reached the parking lot that always seemed to hold just a few cars. Parking the bike and securing it, the demon would let the other get off first before following suit. Placing his keys in a safe spot within his clothing, the demon would look over at the other. “Ready?”

The Simple Looks of Rika:
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nothing Is Ever Simple Empty Re: Nothing Is Ever Simple

Post by Sharaku Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:09 pm

He would snort at the question posed once they got off the ride. "You say that like we're at the getting killed by something part already." Did he need to be ready just to walk inside a forest? He doubted doing that took a large amount of courage anyway. And well, if he weren't ready to do it, then that would be a rather strange predicament. It made him wonder what would happen had he jokingly answered with a no. Eh, the other would probably be able to tell he was just being sarcastic again, as there was absolutely no reason for him to want to turn back now. Not without a serious reasoning behind it.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm

The demon would shake his head at that one as he gave the other a small smile. "You make it seem like I brought you out here to find something to attack us." The demon would chuckle a bit amused before continuing. "Honestly, what am I going to do with ya?" he would ask as he jerked his head slightly to signal for the other to follow. As he did this, he would begin to walk towards the long line of trees ahead.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:18 pm

"If you did, I'd take it.", he'd remark in return, keeping a casual attitude despite the strange topic that was afloat. "Do you need to do anything with me though?", he'd question a few moments later, a slightly raised eyebrow alongside the inquiry. That aside however, he would follow the other for the time being, letting the guy lead the way as he had no idea where exactly their destination was at the moment.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:53 pm

"You did mention you liked to fight, I guess I shouldn't be surprised," the demon would say and then tilting his head he would ask. "Were you always a fighter?" He was kind of curious considering outside of a sharp tongue the guy didn't seem like the sort to get into a physical confrontation. If anything Rika would suspect his own self prone to that. Well wherever that curiosity led, the demon would smirk at the question as he lifted a finger to his lips and tap them. "I dunno. I am still trying to figure that out." He would answer rather cryptically as he moved across the parking lot and into the forest.

The path way they were on was a familiar one. It was the very same path they had gone on before heading towards the cliff where the spirits were; however, instead of veering off in that direction the demon would move along a path that curved to the left and led deeper into the forest. As he walked, his tail would flick slightly as he remained for the moment in his cat form observing the nature and walking at pace that allowed him to keep in step with the other.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Well, the other wasn't wrong in the fact that he preferred using his tongue in most cases. "I prefer to verbally eviscerate people, but I have nothing against a hands on fight if it happens. I'm kind of used to having to stand up for myself. So I guess I always was in a way. I just don't necessarily rush into it left and right." Fighting could easily become a hassle, and he was not fond of having to treat injuries every other day. He liked to be in one piece, really. So it was far more efficient to avoid big fights if he could. "And I was more so talking about being on board with the idea of you getting me killed, but that works too.", he would deadpan slightly. Well...he was mostly joking there.

In any case, he would follow along the other, humming under his breath slightly as silence settled over them for a while. Hmmm. "Are we lost yet?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 pm

"Heh. I think I am a bit different than you there. It takes a lot to make me lash out verbally and even more physically. I am more prone to take it or just walk away versus getting into heavy confrontations. There are some exception to the rule, but most of the time, I don't do it unless I have to for some reason." He didn't like a verbal lashing and duking it out wasn't exactly on his things to do list. Could he do it? Yes, but most of the time he was too gentle and tolerant to get to that point. Perhaps his past still had lingering effects or maybe he just wasn't a fighter to begin with. It was often hard to say.

That aside though, the demon would find himself chuckling lightly at the next comment. "How quickly we seem to fall off the same page. I was asking a general question and you were focusing on something else entirely." It was amusing really, but it was what is was wasn't it? At least this wasn't harming anything so that was a plus.

Anywho. Playtime aside, it seemed it was time for some silence as the pair moved through the forest at a casual pace, the trees above swishing in the nice breeze that was about. The demon was enjoying the weather and just being with the other even if they weren't talking. In that moment of silence, a butterfly would flutter by catching the demon's attention as it fluttered close by.

When it decided to come closer, the demon would carefully raise his left hand extending his finger a bit to see if the little creature to land on him. It was habit. He always wanted a butterfly to land on him, but for whatever reason they came close, but never landed him. He didn't expect this butterly to be different. Yet somehow he got lucky.

The beautiful black butterfly with hints of blue upon its wings would come close and after consideration it would land on his finger a bit. the sensation felt wierd, but the demon let the butterfly stay there observing it with a small smile until the other's voice pierced his trance and brought him back to reality.

As he blinked the butterfly flapped its wings and flew off. Watching it for a few seconds Rika would eventually turn his attention back to other to answer the question. "We haven't even gone far yet and you are already asking that?" He would give the other a smirk as he continued to walk.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:47 pm

"I don't like giving in. And I'd rather not give people the satisfaction of putting me down without paying for it somehow." He wasn't the type to take aggression of any sort towards himself silently for very long. Yes, he could keep his cool face and reign in his irritation when it was necessary, but it didn't make him satisfied. Let people see you won't fight back, and they'll just be more inclined to keep picking on you again and again. Nope, he was not having that.

He would snort. "I was focusing on the dying part from the beginning." He had never really changed the subject of his comments, albeit that last exchange could have made it sound more vague due to the direction it had taken. Oh well.

Regardless, they would walk on, and for a while he would just space out, thinking to himself. He did notice the butterfly interaction, but opt to not comment on that one, instead choosing his own topic. It's not like there was much to say about a random passing by insect anyway. "It's worth a try?", he would shrug nonchalantly.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:13 pm

"Stubborn all the way I see." Not a bad trait, but he wondered what was better. Taking it and ignoring it or actually fighting back? He couldn't be sure, but wasn't the ability to take it and not give in just as strong as acting? Wouldn't both methods end up with the person targeting you being less inclined to go after you? Well maybe and then again maybe not. He supposed it depend on the person at hand.

That aside, the demon would smirk a bit at the other's comment. "Perhaps I was the one that lost focus then." Well he was going by what he heard, so who knows? Anyway...

The demon would continue to walk his pink hair slowly shifting to black and his cat ears and tails being replaced with his typical fox ears the further they went in. Unlike before these changes weren't being done by his own free will, but rather the forest's as they closer and closer to the boundary between worlds. Even the trees would begin to change the sounds a bit more foreign as small lights passed by. Spirits drifting about the flowers.

Unphased by this, the demon would stretch a bit as his wings and horns appeared and he answered the other's question. "Are you implying you want to get lost?" he would asked as crimson eyes shifted to look up at the other.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:15 pm

"It's my selling point.", he would snort. Well, taking it is an option, but it kind of solves nothing when you let people stomp on you. They may get bored eventually and leave you be due to getting to reaction, but would you feel good about it? Personally, he would not like the idea of getting wailed at with the initiators just getting away with it like it was a good thing to do.

In any case, he would remain mostly silent after that as the other conversation drifted away, only raising his eyebrow a bit as the atmosphere changed alongside the other's looks. Nevertheless, he wouldn't question it for the moment, choosing to just focus on the idea of getting lost. "It's for comedic effect. Though if we do get lost, we should take the time to have a picnic.", he would suggest jokingly, before adding in a more serious manner. "Where are we headed exactly anyhow?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:19 pm

The demon would smirk at that one as he shook his head a bit. "So it is." It was an interesting aspect of the other for sure even if it did cause friction here and there. In any case, it seemed that stubborness made the other a tough fighter while Rika's stubborness had been water down with time and events. At one point maybe he would've stood his ground like the other, but now a days? Not so much. He wondered if he'd ever get to a point where he could stand on his own again. Hmm....

Pushing that thought to the back burner for now, it would seem silence would come to consume them for a bit as one conversation went to sleep for the time being. However, when things began to change the other would speak up answering his question at least.

"Heh," the demon would snort a bit amused at this one. "Comedic effect, huh? Well, I suppose it went over my head. As for picnics, well there are some nice spots to eat at so I wouldn't mind that. I am sure we can hunt something up even if we didn't bring food." Well he could hunt and eat anything. He wasn't too sure how "romanatic" that would be or if the other would be on board with such a way to spend time together, but hey he threw it out there as mostly a joke anyway, so maybe nothing bad would come from it. Anyway, the demon would glance for a moment before looking ahead with his smirk still in play though his tone was serious enough. "We are heading towards the barrier between this world and the demon world. We haven't reached it yet, but we are getting close. Thus all the fun changes," the demon would say as he watched a strange lizard bird fly overhead. Oh yes they were getting close alright.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:58 pm

"It's called a running joke. I guess I'm not funny enough though.", he would shrug slightly. Well, he tried? Ah well. "Do animals that are safe to eat live in this forest?" He didn't really mind the idea, but he wouldn't want to eat something potentially problem inducing. Sadly, he wasn't able to stomach literally anything, as helpful as such an ability would be.

In any case, he would hum faintly at the answer to his more serious question. "Is it a good idea for non-demons to go there?" Not that he was scared, as he had means of dealing with demons if they were to attack him or such, but he was curious. Most humans were too weak...and it didn't seem like there was anything preventing them from just walking in there at random.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 pm

"Jokes have legs and can run now? That is something new to me," the demon would respond back sticking his tongue at the other playfully. "Though play aside, I honestly think I miss the joke at times. I don't think it has to do with the lack of skill on your part. More like lack of my brain getting the queues right all the time." Something could be really funny and everyone else would get it, but him? Sometimes not. Sometimes he just missed what made it funny or found it not funny at all. Maybe he was slow in that department at times. Anyway... "Mhm. There are plenty of animals you can eat here ranging from birds, deer, fish, rabbit, and even some of the reptitles around here if you like that sort of meat. There also a good amount of plants here that you could use for flavors and extra oomph." The demon would say looking around with a nod. "I would typically eat this stuff raw; however, for you I would go the extra length to make some tools we could use to cook and make it safe for human consumption." While he couldn't eat just anything either, he was pretty sure on the raw side his stomach could take a lot more than a humans, even more so when he lived off a lot of that stuff before. "In any case, as long as you're on the human side you're alright eating stuff from the forest. Even in this inbetween spot here you are more or less safe. Wouldn't trust anything that talks to ya though or wiggles in odd ways. Might not be a good idea. when we cross over to the other side, the food choices are still varied, it's just more of matter of not getting eaten or mangled to badly by what you are trying to eat. And of course knowing the okay to eats from the don't touch it stuff. Same rules as over here." Just a bit more tricky considering most things on the demon side had a mind of their own so you couldn't just go plucking stuff and what not without some sort of struggle. Demon life issues man.  

As for the question asked, Rika would pause on the path and turn to the other as he considered his words with a thoughtful expression. "Typically no. Most humans that cross over alone become lost either because they are eaten or captured to be sold as pets. However, there are some humans that find a way to fend off demons even if they are weaker. They just usually can't find their way back to the barrier so they learn to survive over there. The cases of human's crossing over by accident though are rare. Typically the guardians of these areas keep the wandering human away from these paths." Heh. Yes the lovely guardian that tried to play with them on their first visit. In any case, the demon serious expression would soften. "But don't worry you have me. I won't let anything harm you. Promise." And honestly that was something he planned to hold to. He wouldn't let anything harm Sharaku while they were on the other side. Even if the guy could fight, he would protect him.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm

He would shrug slightly at that. "Either way, the joke becomes pointless when it's not understood, regardless of who's fault it is." Trying to figure out who's the one who messed up is honestly just semantics at that point, probably. The joke already flew over the target's head anyway. Nevertheless, he would snort at the raw food topic. "Fire wouldn't really be that much of a problem. Don't people eat some stuff like fish raw anyway though?" He was pretty sure there was raw fish on sushi, and some people also preferred to have their steaks near raw. In fact, there was some actual raw meat dish somewhere, but he couldn't recall what exactly it was right now. It just wasn't as common for people to not cook things, that was all. Albeit, he wasn't sure how that worked for certain animals, such as reptiles and deer or whatnot. He wasn't going to say much towards the food differences though. You could technically try to eat something that talks too, if you had the guts to end its life. Or so he'd think. After all, even animals speak...just not in a language a human would understand.

In any case, he would raise an eyebrow at the information given on the next topic. "Why would someone even want a pet human. I would think we're too annoying." No offense, but people didn't really make the best 'pets', and even less so when one considered the upkeep necessary to keep them alive and healthy enough. Even more so in a world which wasn't native to them, and would probably present more mortal dangers than anywhere else. If he was a demon, he would rather stick to a cat or dog anyway...or a demonic version of that, maybe. That said, he would cross his arms over his chest with a huff. "I'd make them run with their tail between their legs instead. You needn't protect me." Unless they ran into some super powerful demon lord or some wacky stuff like that, he ought to be fine, honestly.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:59 pm

"I suppose so." There was nothing more to say outside of that. The situation was what it was -- a miss. Was it anyone's fault in particular? Not really, but then again the demon wasn't trying to point fault at anyone with his comment. He was simply commenting how jokes at times just flew right over his head. That topic aside though the demon would find himself humming at the next topic.

"Ah. That is right. You can summon fire can't you?" the demon would say with an amused smirk. While it was true he could shapeshift providing fire was a bit tricker for the demon than for the other. "Mmm. Yes, some things can be eaten raw and while it might be nice, I am pretty sure humans can't eat a ton of it without a price. Even less so if the body is unaccustomed to such foods." Some things could really wreck the body even if it was harmless in their natural state. Food could be a strange thing at times.

The demon would find himself actually laughing out loud at the next comment. The laugh was a soft one that was rarely heard and much different from the chuckles he gave. There was a genuine gentleness to it and almost child like wonder to it that was strangely pleasant to hear making one wonder why he didn't actually laugh out loud more often. In any case, he would lift a hand to scratch at his cheek a bit. "Well I'll admit some humans do annoy me to no end, but ya'll are fascinating creatures and entertaining as hell, so humans have the tendency to be an appealing choice pet wise. We typically won't make you into servants. You break too easily and don't last as long either, so you get the better end of the stick and get to be pampered versus beaten to death. Well depending on who has you of course." Just like with animals, there was always a chance the family you got was cruel.

Anyway, the demon would let the topic of pets go where it would before he tried to make a promise to the other, but instead found himself raising his eyebrows at the other before letting out a huff as he shook his head. Drifting over to the other, he would look up at him with a faint smile as he reached up to rest a hand on the other's cheek.

"When are you going to stop being so cruel to me and just let me take care and protect you, hm?" he would ask gently. Honestly, even just playing along or just saying something like "Okay then. I'll leave it to you" would've been nice versus the guy being highly independent like that. He knew Sharaku was strong, but still didn't even the strong need help at times, no?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum