» Desert Tunes
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm by Rika

» Data Dump for Calabus
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am by Rika

» Transformation
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: Ideas for Characters for NA
Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 pm by Rika

» Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)
Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm by Sharaku

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week

Depression and A Bottle of Wine

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Depression and A Bottle of Wine

Post by Rika on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:24 am

It was strange how easily how a broken mind can turn something wonderful into something horrible. It was some time down the road from the incident in the forest. Rika had gone more or less through his life happy enough. He had a stable job, he had begun making time to tap into his more artsy side, and he even began taking piano lessons. Piano lessons from a someone who was very special to him. Sharaku...he had been dating the guy for some time now going through ups and downs with him in the process of trying to make things works between them despite their polar opposite personality. It was a rough ride, but he thought he had been handling it pretty well and moving forward you know?

But….

The demon was standing in his bathroom staring down at the bottle of medication he had his mind in a deep pit of despair that had been growing for a few days now until it finally turned into a maw that swallowed him whole. There was no recognizable trigger to this despair. It just started off as something small. A bit of stress one day followed by low energy and a deep feeling of sadness. Following that came a stage of self doubt and self criticism as every negative thing about life surfaced. It became draining as the time went on and in turn began to affect him outside of his home. He’d feel would tire at work, but push through with a smile that hid from the average person and stranger  what was really going on. The work kept him distracted. Kept him focus on anything accept the negativity within….but at home? There was no escape to that. It was just him, the cat and these heavy thoughts that kept eatting away at him until he broke and just couldn’t anymore.

He had called in sick planning to just take the day off and reboot, but as he tried to do that his mind would slid deeper into darkness. He began contemplating things he shouldn’t. Reminding himself of errors that he should’ve let go a long time ago as his mind played on repeat how worthless he was. How he wasn’t going to go anywhere in life anf that no matter what he did he could never get Sharaku to love or care for him. He felt isolated and alone. He wanted it to end. Wanted to run to someone to save himself from it, but he couldn’t do that. The therapist had bigger problems to handle, Merk had her own worries, and Sharaku….he couldn’t burden him with this stuff. It just wasn’t right. He needed to take care of his own shit.

Take care of it Rika, his mind told him as he continued to stare at that bottle of medicine contemplating what would happen if he took more than recommended. Would it put him to sleep forever?

“....No….”
the demon told himself outloud in a flat tone before reaching out and picking up the medicine bottle and placing it back in the cabinet. No….that path was not the best path. He wasn’t sure what the right path was, but killing himself wouldn’t help anything...Though not doing cause his mind to contemplate other ways he could do it as he drifted back into the living room and plopped down on the sofa. He’d stare blankly at the TV just letting his mind wander in the despair. Andromeda came over and tried to cheer him up, but he didn’t even feel her there as his hand was on auto-polite as he petted her and just stared ahead in the silence.

Elsewhere….

Merk her office letting the kids hold down the fort; however, unlike her usual breaks where she’d sit back with a nice drink, she was actually digging through her files for employees seeking out one file in particular: Rika Saki. He was the only demon per say she had hired, his abilities a great help to her and someone she had grew to care for as her own. Now while she typically didn’t get into folks affairs, the demon had displayed some worrying behaviors that had gotten her to push for him to go to see a therapist in the first place. It was behaviors she thought was more or less under control. Sure she had seen the demon come in a lower moods than usual, but every time he bounced back from it and carried on, but something about this time around just bothered her. She had watched him fall this time and had advised him to see his therapist, but something inside told her he probably did not listen...and now he was calling in sick? Uh-uh. She didn’t like that set up. Not when she knew what a wreck he was under that smile. On top of that the guy was all alone too? It wasn’t good set up at all and she was quite concerned what the guy may do to himself without anyone there.

It was this worry that had her ruffling through files and upon finding what she sought, flipped through one of the thinnest employee files she had praying that the guy had at least taken her advice to add his friend...okay boyfriend as emergency contact. It had been like pulling teeth, but - Ah-ha!

The woman would feel an air of relief flow through her before she was picking up her phone off the desk and dialing the number. She just hoped the guy answered and wasn’t at work or something. She didn’t know the guy’s schedule after, but she had to try. She would hold the phone to her ear waiting to see if someone picked up.

Last edited by Rika on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Depression and A Bottle of Wine

Post by Sharaku on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 am

Ironically, he was technically 'at work' during that time, though luckily enough for anyone who would want to contact him, he did work from home and mostly on his own scheduling. Thus he was available at any time as long as he chose to be. Not that he really had many people bothering him most of the time, as he was hardly the guy who was known for wanting to be a part of everything. He walked his own path most of the time, his involvement with others typically more business like than overly personal. Aside from special exceptions, of course.

He certainly hadn't been expecting a random call out of nowhere, but he would momentarily pause his typing to reach for his phone, giving it a stare off for a few seconds when he saw an unknown number. To pick up or not to pick up? He wasn't overly fond of chatting with random strangers calling him for the oddest of reasons, and especially these useless ad/survey people who had a knack for enormously increasing his irritation levels on the spot. Nevertheless, you can never be sure who is calling you, and whether it isn't in fact really important, thus he would sigh to himself after a moment of contemplation before picking up and putting the call on voice so he could set the device down and still do some work while dealing with this.

"Yes?", he would ask evenly, as he proceeded to type a few more lines of code on his laptop meanwhile, the person on the other line probably hearing the clicking of the keyboard in the background of the call.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:22 pm

She'd wait for a while, her black painted fingernails tapping lightly on desk as her mind began to formulate a Plan B if this fell through. She'd listen to the ring of the phone and was almost on the edge of hanging up when a voice came through.

Relieved she was sigh a bit before speaking. "Hello Mr. Rikei. It is so good to hear your voice right now. This Merek, Rika's Boss. You remember me yes?" she would begin as she listened to what sounded like clicking or typing in the background.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:52 pm

...okay, that was definitely not what he had expected. "....I didn't know my voice was in such high demand.", he'd respond as first, a sort of an automatic reaction as he tried to mentally sort out what was happening meanwhile. "I...think I do though? What's this about?", he would ask after a moment of consideration, frowning at the screen slightly, his typing having slowed down a bit now that he was getting distracted by the call. This was a little off after all. There shouldn't really be a reason for him to be getting a call from Rika's workplace...not normally at least...so...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 pm

The rabbit woman would smile a bit on the other end at the words. "Well that is news to me too," she would poke back a bit before becoming serious again as the other asked his question. "Well whether you remember me or not is beside the point. I am calling you because I am worried about your boyfriend. He's been on a down hill slump for a few days and I think today he may have hit the bottom of the barrel. He called in sick you see. And I don't like that. I know it may sound weird, but can you do me a huge favor and actually go check on him? I don't like the idea of him being alone in the sort of state he was in and is possible still in. And I highly doubt the child went to doctor like I told him to either..." She would sigh a bit at that one as she shook her head a bit. "Any if you aren't too busy can you do this for me?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:24 am

"Hnnnng...." Well, he was certainly not pleased by this kind of news, that was for sure. He seemed to be contemplating something, as for a while only a sound of his fingers tapping against a hard surface could be heard. This was frankly kind of agitating. He didn't necessarily think it was the best idea for him to be dealing with this. He was no therapist nor natural empath, and he would likely just escalate the situation further...well, depending on what it really was. His style of facing obstacles was not the most 'sensitive person' friendly. Not normally. "Why...are you calling me? Not to say I don't care, but I'm frankly probably the worst person to ask to comfort and help someone. He doesn't seem to really want to tell me these things anyway, so this might just blow. Wouldn't it be better to call his therapist over it...?", he would shake his head with a sigh. "I mean, I could go, but I'm not certain how much of a help I can really be." He could be a motivator sure, but he was the one to play on people's will and ambitions...not their heart and emotions. That was not a strong point of his at all.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

The woman would hear the sound the guy made and then the sound of clicking. She wasn't sure what the guy was doing, but the fact that he seemed like he wasn't about to do anything worried her. Did this guy actually not ca--

.....What?

Her thoughts were cut short as the guy spoke up and to what she heard she would sigh. "I am calling you because I thought you two were close and honestly if I called his therapist she would probably call the hospital and lock him up for a bit. I don't want that to happen even less so without him knowing. As for you not being the right choice...I see that as a excuse. I can't say I know the nature of your relationship, but he needs you more than you know it." She would begin the agitation in her voice apparent. She didn't understand how if someone was dating that the other wouldn't go running to the other's side when they were in need. She was pretty sure if the tables were flipped Rika wouldn't hesitate, so what was this guy's problem? Anyway, she would sigh a bit after a moment and speak again, this time gently. "I'd appreciate if you'd go, but I can't force this on you. If you are too busy I'll find someone else. I just thought maybe you would be one to turn to in these cases is all." Was she wrong?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:34 pm

His brow would twitch slightly at the words. "We're...." To be honest, sometimes he wasn't really sure. Yeah, they were kind of in an 'agreement' that they were dating, but were they truly all that close? It wasn't like the confided in each other too much unless it was forced out through some sort of confrontation, and he definitely could not claim their bond was super solid with certainty. Not at all. Or at least, he personally didn't quite feel it. Though it was a question whether his assessment of feelings could be trusted as far as one could throw him. "...ugh. This is just complicated. I'm not making excuses though.", he would state, his tone somewhat bristled. He wasn't very fond of having people accuse him of things when they hardly knew him or the details of a situation at hand. It's not like he was enjoying what was happening.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't do him good to let his temper get the better of him right now, so he would take a deep breath for a moment, evening his voice out as he moved a hand to click his laptop shut. "Look, all I am saying is that it's potentially risky. We've had unpleasant fights happen during situations of this kind in the past, and I'm somewhat concerned about making things worse on accident. He tends to be sensitive, and I am a rather blunt person. I was asking because I would assume a therapist is better equipped to deal with such matters, but I suppose that doesn't really work the way I would expect. Woe is me.", he would attempt to explain, his tone becoming a bit wry towards the end of it. He didn't hesitate because he wanted to avoid helping or something like that. It was mostly past experiences making him take a moment to consider what was really the best approach here. He was capable of running blindly, but as self-confident as he could be, this was one area where he wasn't quite as certain of himself. His 'problem' was that he didn't want to ruin things even further. It was something he was capable of, that was for sure.

With a sigh, he would stand up, picking his phone up and flipping the voice mode off as he put it to his ear. "You were saying he was off the last few days? Did you notice anything particular that could be of help?"
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Hm? Had she hit a nerve or something? She heard the change in his voice and could even detect anger there; however, she wouldn't flinch in the face of this. No she took the consequences of her actions and just gave the guy the time needed to calm and speak again.

To what she heard she would smile softly before speaking. "I am sorry. I stepped out of line there, but I just can't help it. The kid worries me and well I can see why you would hesitate if its been rough in the past. And yes he is a sensitive person, but I think you can do it if you just talk with him and be there. As for the therapist well she is good about being up front with him about what he needs to do and what not, but he doesn't need to be told the same thing over and over again. What he needs a friend." Being there should be enough, right? Or was this matter of rough waters and their dating more complicated than she thought? She honestly didn't want to make the situation worse and yet calling the medical folks made her pretty sure the aid would have an opposite effect on the guy. It was a gamble, but perhaps this wouldn't be a bad one.

Anyway....

The woman would sigh lightly in relief as she leaned against her desk as the sound of the guy's voice came closer to the phone. Well at least it seemed like he was going to at least go through with this. "He seemed to have low energy and was general tired. He's probably worn himself out trying to put on a smile and work. Also I do know his mood can flip without warning. While he never did to a customer, I did take notice that when he was on break he did snap at another worker out of the blue. So there is a chance he may do the same to you. Outside of that he's just been very quiet when not faced with something or when doing something he was overly focused on it. Not sure how much that helps though."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 pm

"I've always said therapists are mostly good just for telling you what you probably already know. No wonders I never get along with any.", he would shake his head with a sigh. No really, he had gone through a couple himself, but it never worked out too well. He already had the 'up front about what needs to be done' section covered all by himself, so lectures from some stranger were not very helpful at all. It was only an annoyance. "At any rate, you have no idea. We're both a bit screwed up as is, so things being rough is just everyday life.", he would snort faintly. He had no issue with admitting that anyhow.

That aside, he would walk to check on something with his phone now at his ear as he frowned slightly. "Avoidance and pretending he's fine no matter what. Why am I not even surprised anymore. He always does this. I wonder how long will it take him to figure out that it's not a method that is going to help him any.", he would comment, making a slight tsk noise. "Well, in case we happen to kill each other, it was nice knowing you.", he would add somewhat jokingly.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:17 pm

"Ah so you have common ground there. Well it was like pulling teeth to get him to go. It seemed to help, but it is often hard to tell with the guy. He keeps so much to himself. Now that I think on it. Makes me wonder how honest he was with the lady." She knew he was hurting in some way and so she had tried to help, but she could only help as far as the guy was willing to go. That worrying thought aside, she would refocus on the conversation as she heard the guy's next words.

"You don't say. Well I hope things work for you two and you can be truly happy even with all the issues," she said with a very soft chuckle. It would be nice to see Rika not so tormented and while she didn't know the other like she did her employee she was hoping for his happiness too. Who knew. Maybe two messed up people could make it work and help each other.

"I don't know. I wish he wouldn't do it, but the guy is stubborn as hell sometimes and is determined to push through even when he shouldn't." It was admirable on one hand and frightening on the other. So much strain on himself. She wouldn't be surprised if half the reason he called in sick was because he broke himself in a way from it all. That aside, the woman would give a faint snort. "He may be handful, but I highly doubt he'll kill you. Anyway, thank you for doing this." She really meant that. "You take care and let me know if ya'll need anything. Provide you are still breathing that is." She would tease back.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

"Cannot say. Though, therapists aren't the foolproof solution anyway. They can be of use to someone who needs a little guidance, but at the end of the day they don't see into your head and you're the one who has to face things and fight. Depending on the type of person and their brand of thinking, it might not be any help at all." For him it was certainly more of a miss than hit. Yeah, he had tried some of the suggestions, and while they weren't inherently useless, he had eventually found that self-reflection and coming up with his own brand of coping methods simply worked a whole lot better than following a standardized path given by a third party. And especially so with his condition being a rather complex one, with few therapists having in depth knowledge on it.

"Well, happiness is technically just a construct of the mind anyhow.", he would remark in a somewhat amused tone. To be honest, at this point he kind of took his problems in a more lighthearted way. It made things look less grim. Usually. Nevertheless, he would hum a bit. "I am technically the same, to be honest. Albeit I don't lie to people's faces about it unless I must. One can fight without being dishonest to others too." At least, that was typically his style, assuming he had to go out in public instead of being able to just stay at home and deal with it without prying eyes. He would rolls his eyes to himself silently. "I take my responsibilities seriously. And I'm already too distracted to try to get back to work anyway." Which he could just finish later. He was ahead of his plans as is, and while he had intended to power through to have more free time later, it wasn't that huge of a deal.

"A drink delivery would probably sound nice." Mmm. Though, maybe getting drunk wouldn't be the best option. Still...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 pm

"Hmm. That is true," the woman would say in thoughtful tone. One would think someone trained in that area would be able to help the one suffering...but in the end how far it worked did depend on the person didn't it. "It makes me wonder if he went to see the therapist to please me." She hadn't meant to say that out loud, but she had to wonder and she wasn't sure why, but it was just easy to say the words out loud to the other.

"Maybe it is, but it seems to be a good construct,"
she would respond back in light hearted tones, but would become serious at the next one. "Yeah. I suppose so, but not everyone is good at being upfront about things you know. I can't say it is right, but Rika might have a reason for not being honest and upfront." Though it would probably make things alot easier if would just speak. "Is that so? Well, I am glad you took this distraction instead of shrugging it off." That would've been heart-breaking if the guy just went meh and ignored the situation. It make the woman wonder just what sort of person he was that he could do that.  And what was that?

The rabbit lady would raise her eyebrow. "A drink delivery? What sort of drink did you have in mind?" Was it a bad idea? Who was to say? Sometimes a drink helped matters....sometimes.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:03 pm

"Honestly? I think it's likely. He does do that at times." In some way or form. He wouldn't be surprised if the guy had agreed just to get the pressure about it off his back or something like that. Which, if it was true, wouldn't make the situation better at all. As going to a therapist when your heart isn't in it...well, makes it even less effective than normally. He would sigh. "I think I know why he stays quiet. But in doing so, he just makes things harder." Both for himself and for those around him.

"Don't jinx it. I'd rather not end up regretting my decision.", he would hmph faintly. Technically, the biggest luck was that he did not decide to just ignore the call entirely due to focusing on work and seeing an unknown number. He could have dismissed it as a most likely unimportant bother and not pick up at all. "Surprise me?", he'd offer in return. Honestly, he hadn't expected it to actually happen, and well in case this ended up being a thing, he didn't have anything specific in mind anyway.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 pm

"That isn't a comforting thought," the woman would sigh. Why would he do that? He could always just say no. As for what she heard next, she would tilt her head. "Is that so?" She honestly wanted the guy to expand, but..."Well. If you think you know the why, then maybe you can talk some sense into him so he won't bottle up. I don't know if he understands how bothersome is for others." Maybe if he was made aware of errors he would change...or maybe just bottle up more. It was hard to say.

"Alright. I won't. Good luck anyway," she'd chuckle, really thanking whatever higher spirit there was for this. If the guy hadn't answered trying to figure out what to do would've been a task alright....Anyway...

"Well then, I'll see what I can find. When do you want it delivered?"

Meanwhile....

Rika sat on the sofa a long while staring at nothing before forcing himself up and going towards the door that lead out to the balcony. He would open the door, squinting slightly in the sunlight before stepping outside. He would drift over to the table he had out there and pull out one of the chairs before plopping down in it. Scooting close to the table, he would rest his head on his arms watching the world with eyes devoid of joy as his mind wandered about trying to find an exit from darkness within. It was tiring really, so he just closed his eyes for a bit.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 pm

"Didn't expect it to be." But it was what it was. Yes, the other could always say no, but it seemed like sometimes there were problems with that. Being a people pleaser wasn't always the best choice, but you can't stop a person from doing it that easily. He would huff faintly. "More or less. Though just talking alone probably won't help in this case, not immediately. I don't think he's oblivious enough to have no idea of the possible effects. He probably needs to work on his self-confidence and self-worth before you see him be more upfront with people though." He could talk sense all he wanted to, but if the other was afraid and didn't have it in him to go out there and present himself as he was without being ashamed, it wouldn't do much besides kind of landing on deaf ears or causing more struggle.

Pfft, luck. "I don't particularly believe in luck, but I'll take it." After all, what happened was always in some way a result of what someone did, and what actions they chose to take. It wasn't really RNG running things. And if it wasn't your fault, then it was someone else's instead. You can't really blame bad luck for being a fuck up and doing stupid things, resulting in you failing whatever you set out to do, can you now?

"Well, you have graciously given me your number by calling me, so I suppose I'll let you know? Time estimates might be a bad idea." He had no idea how long it would take before drinks of any kind were appropriate enough. He wasn't going to say when now, and then find out it was too early.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:37 pm

"Hmmm. You think so?" It was odd really how the guy could carry himself so confidently on the outside, but on the inside not be the same provided that the other's hunch was right. While it was true she knew Rika well, this whole conversation made her wonder how well she knew him. Had he perhaps revealed to the other more than he revealed to even her? And if so, she wonder if the other could really help him out the best. "Well talking may not be helpful, but it is at least a start." A start yes, but how to proceed forward after said start? She really didn't know at the moment. She'd make a mental note to talk to the guy later about it.

As for that next comment. "Heh. Well then. Whether you believe in it or not, I'll leave you to it then," the demon would say amused before nodding a bit at the last part. "I can understand. Well then. Feel free to save my number and call me whenever ya need me. It doesn't have to be for drinks either." She would say her tone motherly and warm.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:55 pm

"Yes. Though whether you choose to trust my assessment or not is up to you. I don't really know how much the two of you interact." Most people weren't super close with their boss at work anyway. Though apparently these two conversed enough for the woman to somehow have his number without his knowledge. Not that he necessarily minded it much, but it was food for thought at least. "We've already talked a lot in the past, but I suppose it's the only thing I can really do." It wasn't as if he had some divine tools at his disposal after all.

He would raise an eyebrow to himself as he shuffled about slightly to get on a jacket while still holding his phone. "Am I being invited to hang out all of a sudden?", he'd question, somewhat amused.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm

"Well, we interact enough for me to feel like his mother, but I often wonder how much he tells even me. Though I choose to trust ya. It seems maybe Rika does the same too." It was a strange relationship, but Rika wasn't just an employee to her. She had known him before she hired him so their dynamic was a bit different than just boss and employee. That aside, the rabbit woman would hum a bit at the next comment. "Well I guess we can only do what we can," she would say. Though she just hoped the guy wouldn't burn out. Trying to talk could get tiring...especially if it got no where at all. Even so she hoped the guy could do something at least.

That aside, the woman would chuckle as she heard the question. "If you wanna look it that way than sure. i wouldn't mind getting to know my kid's friend a bit better." It was amusing indeed, but hey she'd roll with it.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:11 pm

"How much older than him are you anyway?" Well, he kind of had to wonder considering the implications, really. "On that note, I would guess he doesn't say a whole lot." Getting clear info from the guy could be like pulling teeth at times, so he wouldn't be surprised at all.

He would snort. "There are many ways to look at it, but it's probably best to stick with a safe one. I probably need to get out more anyway.", he would sigh. As much as he just wasn't into it most of the time. People can get annoying easily.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm

"I am 14 years older than the guy. Why?" she would ask more amused than anything; however, that amusement would only stick on around for a short while before she frowned a bit. "He'll talk about other things, but when it comes to himself? No. He somehow manages to avoid going deeply into anything about himself." A shame really because if he just spoke to her more, she could perhaps help him better.

That depressing matter aside, the woman would smirk on her end at the comment. "Indeed there is and well if you want to hang out I can help with that. I am open to most things. Just let me know beforehand so I can see where I have a clearing in my schedule." Unlike some she had many things to juggle in her life between family and work and other things. Still she always made room for those that wanted to hang out with her.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm

"Just curious since you're acting like his mom." It would be a little odd if they were around the same age, and he would rather know in case he was dealing with an old lady instead. Just to have an idea what was up, really. "He's less personal than me, and I'll have to say that's quite the achievement." Though to be fair, while he wasn't outgoing in the sense of wanting to spend a lot of time around people, he tended to be fairly honest about himself when actually engaging somebody. Assuming he didn't have an important reason to avoid a subject.

He would huff. "I'll leave it vague for now. I'm too much of a loner. Me wanting to hang out is kind of out of character." Technically speaking. "Regardless, I assume it would be beneficial either way, seeing as we have a common acquaintance there." He figured that as long as he and Rika didn't part ways for whatever reason, he'd end up meeting her here and there anyway. So might as well...attempt to be on good terms.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:20 pm

There was a light chuckle. "I suppose it is a bad habit of mine when I get attached to folk." Honestly she sometimes felt like a mom to multiple people, but that was just how she was and she didn't regret a moment of it. "Oh really? Due to minor observation, I would think you be the one not to be open about things versus him." She saw the guy as very quiet, so it was quite interesting that the pair were like this.
"Ah I see. Well it is up to you there. I just made the offer. And perhaps so. We'll have to see if we actually do meet one on one. You seem like an interesting fellow to get to know. In any case, I've talked your ear off long enough. We can chat more next time. You take care of yourself and him okay?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:36 pm

"I just typically don't make a lot of effort to talk to people. That's all." He was quiet in the sense that he did not go around chatting with everyone he saw. He preferred his solitude alright. Still, that didn't necessarily have to go hand in hand with how honest he was about himself when he did happen to engage somebody.

He would hum under his breath slightly. "I feel like my ears are the least of my worries today. Theoretically speaking." A phone call was most likely the simplest thing he was going to deal with in this situation. "Anyhow, toodles." Unless something else needed to be said, he would proceed to hang up afterwards, putting his phone away as he went to grab the final things he would need before heading out. Time for fun, right.

That said and done, he would make the trip over to the other's place, eventually making a stop by the guy's door, debating how to do this. He supposed he could just let himself in, but he didn't really want to be rude. So for now, he would try to knock and wait for a bit to see if the other would come.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm

"Ah I see. Well silence is often times nice." Boy did she know that better than anyone. Try having a 100 kids and noise around you over 90% of the time and you too would be appreciating those silent moments. That aside she would smile a bit. "Well maybe it won't be so bad this round." Hey one could always pray for good out comes right? In any case, she would say her farewell and hang up the phone. With that being done, she would go to get her drink before returning to work.

Meanwhile, Rika would remain outside. The wind blowing gently through his black locks as he simply rested his tail still and his ears and wings relaxed. The demon was in his normal form his energy level so low that he didn’t bother trying to hold a human or different form today. He would continue to rest listening to the wind chimes as Andromeda sat on the table watching him. The demon had been sitting there for a while, so somewhere along the way he had slipped into a light doze. When the knock came he wouldn’t register it as for now he kept dozing.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next