» Desert Tunes
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm by Rika

» Data Dump for Calabus
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am by Rika

» Transformation
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: Ideas for Characters for NA
Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 pm by Rika

» Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)
Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm by Sharaku

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week

Sick Times Are Not Fun

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sick Times Are Not Fun

Post by Sharaku on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 am

It was certainly not a good day today. Or so it would appear. Considering that he was usually up fairly early, it was definitely an odd occurrence that he appeared to be still sleeping at something past 11 AM. That's not quite the right time for bed. But it was what it was. Nevertheless, for the time being, it he would keep to his dozing, despite the late time of the morning. Honestly, he probably had no idea it was that late anyway. Kind of hard to when you've not looked at the clock or any time tracking device since sometime late evening. Whoops? Oh well...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sick Times Are Not Fun

Post by Rika on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:04 am

Days off were always nice days. It meant the demon could do what he wanted and sleep when he wanted. Well kind of on the latter part. Even if he had a late shift and could technically sleep in, he never really could even on a day off. He always woke up around 7 or 8 in the morning regardless. It didn't really bother him though. He could put a nice dent into house work leaving the rest of the day open for him to whatever. Speaking of doing whatever, it would seem after the demon had finished his last chore of cleaning the bathroom, he would plop down in a chair and instead of booting up his net book, he would reach for his cell instead.

It wasn't often, but every now and then Rika liked to give his boyfriend a hello out of the blue. And that is exactly what he had in mind now. Feeling chilled, he would move through the screens easily enough and dial the guy's number. Then placing the phone to his ear he would wait to see if the guy would pick up.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Yeah, he didn't typically sleep in much either, but life can't be that orderly and simple forever, can it now? He had been dozing at the time the other decided to ring him, but luckily enough for the other, he did keep his phone close by on his nightstand, so a call was akin to an alarm to be honest. Unless he was super dead at the moment or the other side canceled the call very quick, it was pretty much guaranteed to wake him up.

Which is why he'd put his arm over his face with a faint groan for a moment as the sound of his ringtone jolted him awake effectively. He would contemplate his existence for a few seconds before reaching over blindly to pick up the offending device, bringing it to his face to squint at the caller ID. Welp. Okay. With a sigh, he'd accept the call, answering in a kind of raspy voice. "Yes?"
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm

No life couldn't be simple and orderly forever. That would make it too easy and living just couldn't tolerate that. In any case, the demon wouldn't disconnect the call very quickly. He usually let the phone ring at least three times before considering that route and trying again later; however, it seemed to day he was lucky for after a few rings the other would indeed pick up on the line and answer.

To the voice he heard, the smile that had been on his face while he had been waiting faltered a bit as he responded back. "Hey there. Did I wake you?" he would ask as he leaned back a bit to look up at his clock. Hmm well the guy was typically awake before him, so if the guy slept in then he must've been tired. A rough night of work? Or the guy having too much fun? The voice was raspy though, so that was odd. Hmmm....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm

"Apparently so...what even is the time anyway?", he honestly had no idea right now, and he hadn't checked yet as he was woken up by something that required his attention more than that. "It's totally okay though. Now I can just move onto dying.", he would remark in a somewhat deadpan tone...as much as it could be relayed though call on top of his not so clear voice. He'd attempt to snort afterwards, but that would only end up with him having a bit of a coughing fit. Ow, bad idea.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:44 pm

"Ah sorry I didn't sleep in, but uh...it's like 11:30 in the morning. I didn't expect you to be in bed still." Typically the guy was up before him so the fact that he was still sleeping at this hour could've meant he had stayed up late...except staying up late didn't cause the sort of coughing fit that he heard after the other had made his comment. Frowning a bit, the demon would speak. "I don't think its okay. You got cold or something?"he would ask listening intently to one making sure the other actually stopped coughing. It didn't sound too great. Sounded kind of painful to be honest...and if that was true that wasn't good.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:09 pm

"Whoops. Well, no, I'm normally not...", he would sigh slightly there. It was rare he slept in as much as that. Even when he happened to stay up all night, it was more likely he would power nap and be up before this time, or just flat out not sleep until next night. Almost noon was the kind of time he was rarely ever asleep at. Except for situations like this apparently. He wasn't sick often though, and especially not of this kind. Thankfully enough, he wouldn't cough his lungs out entirely, calming down after a short while with a somewhat annoyed huff. This was just great, really. Running the questioning he heard through his mind, he would shift to shuffle himself out of bed, going to look for something. "The okay was towards you waking me up...but yes, brilliant deduction. I am sick. I don't really think this is a cold though...wait a bit...", he would trail off with a grumble as he finally found what he was looking for.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:41 pm

The demon would give a hum of acknowledgement at the first statement not having much else to add onto it considering he didn't really like where this sleeping in thing was pointing. Like he could understand if the guy was tired, but from what he could hear that didn't sound like the case. Even more so when the other was coughing like he did. It was a bit uncomfortable to listen, so when the other finally stopped the demon was slightly relieved. Though he wouldn't remain that way as he heard the next words. "Not a cold? Then perhaps you should be checked to see what it is. And well okay." The demon would indeed hold for the moment listening to the sounds from the other end wondering what the other was doing....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:06 pm

"Mmmmmn.", he would make a muffled sound in response to what the other said about his earlier assessment, kind of falling quiet for a bit. As for what he was doing...well, he was trying to check his temperature. It was always a good way to be sure whether or not you had a fever...or alternatively figure out how high it was. Seeing as for example a cold was unlikely to make one run a high fever. Makes it easier to make guesses as to what you have, on top of how sick you're feeling otherwise. Eventually, he would get back to the other, as he hadn't forgotten he had someone on the other line. "Fascinating...well, on second thought, yes, definitely not a cold. To be honest though, I'd rather just go die...uh, what are the options that are somewhat similar to a cold?" His brain was kinda fried for a moment, so thinking required effort.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:03 am

The demon would hear the acknowledgement and then wait patiently enough as the other became silent for a while. As he waited his tail would flick a bit causing Andromeda who was under the table to focus on the moving thing, but not pounce on it. In any case, the silence would eventually end as the other made a comment about his conditioning. Resuming the conversation with a word that only made the demon frown more.

"What is fascinating?" he would ask and then pause as he blinked at the question. "Well the only ones I can think of are a sinus attack, a allergic reaction to something, a 24 hour bug....or the flu. What are symptoms outside of what I can hear?" The demon would ask the question, but was already sitting up in his chair not liking where this conversation was going at all.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Hmmm..."The numbers. I was just taking my temperature.", he would respond in a somewhat deadpan tone. Fascinating indeed, although it wasn't like he wasn't expecting it. After all, this wasn't something one wouldn't even notice by themselves. Nevertheless, he would sigh as he plopped himself down on the nearby couch for now. "I'm not aware of being allergic to anything that I've dealt with recently. My face doesn't really hurt, nor do I feel sick to my stomach. And now that you mention it, I have had flu once in the past, and this feels a lot like it. I suppose that's my best bet." Unless he for some reason had something weird one wouldn't even think of, but what were the chances of that? Well, he wasn't in the state of mind to think of possible catastrophic scenarios anyway...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 am

This conversation wasn't making the demon feel better as his ears lowered slightly and the frown he was wearing deepened. "The flu is never good. Perhaps a doctor visit is in order. What is temperature?" the demon would ask as he moved to get out of his chair. On his feet again, he drifted to the bedroom placing the phone on speaker as he waited for a response back from the other.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:13 pm

"I don't think- *a few coughs* ...that it's the end of the world. Though, how useful is a doctor visit? I thought they don't really give much for stuff like this. Besides me going outside is just going to potentially spread the illness." Virus based infections don't have an actual cure for them, so the only thing was to wait it out. The doctor would likely just tell him to stay home and rest it out or something along those lines. Flu wasn't particularly dangerous unless you got unlucky and developed something alongside it due to your immune system being a whack. "Anyway, 102.5.", he would add as he slouched himself against the back of the couch a bit.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:15 am

The demon would sigh at that one. True the doctors couldn't do anything about a virus leaving one to just deal with it the best they could as it ran its course. Even so wasn't a doctor visit good just in case the symptoms were actually to something else and not the flu. Wasn't it good to be doubly sure? The demon would open a drawer as and look for a shirt as he heard the rest, the news not making the situation better.

"Honestly, I would like to be sure it is actually the flu and not something else; however, I am not going to force the matter of going to the doctor. What I do want you to do is to get in the bed and rest. As for myself, I am going to get dressed and come over." He would find a nice shirt and begin changing from his lay around clothes to something more presentable to the world.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 am

"I don't have cancer, I can tell you that.", he would state in a somewhat deadpan tone. To be honest, he would think that he would know if he had something more dangerous. Even if not directly, there are ways to tell that something is off more than it should be. That said, he would roll his eyes slightly at the next part of what was being said. "You're not my mom. Regardless, not yet. I need water. Also, are you trying to catch it too or something?" Frankly, he wasn't extra fond of the idea of both of them being sick, and it wasn't like he was completely bed bound and couldn't manage living by himself at all. With that out of the way, he would pick himself up to actually go get said water...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:11 pm

"You know what I meant by that," the demon would say his town serious as he frowned a bit. He understood the other was making light of the situation, but still he didn't like to take chances like that. As for that last part, the demon would huff at that one.

"No I am not your mom, but you do need your rest and I highly doubt you'd get said rest if left alone to do everything yourself. I bet you are moving around now to get said water. Wouldn't need to that with help there now would you?" The guy was pretty much in his boat there. Without someone to help him he did everything himself sick or not. Whether this was good or bad, he didn't know, but still the point was the guy didn't have to do things by himself. He had him to help. As for the question. "I don't the virus no; however, I am willing to take the risk to help you out." He would say slipping on the shirt and then working on getting into his pants.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:33 pm

"My point is that I can more or less tell whether I actually need extra medical attention or not. Besides, I don't particularly like dealing with doctors for reasons." No, he wasn't necessarily trying to make light of the situation there, despite his original comment being kind of on the funnier side. He just wanted to get over this subject, for the most part.

He would snort faintly before clearing his throat a bit. "You say that like getting water is equivalent to climbing a mountain. It's a simple thing. It makes no difference to me. I am not going to spend 24/7 sleeping anyway, regardless of whether someone does things for me or not." That was just too much for him. He'd get restless soon enough. It didn't matter how sick he was feeling...he could only stay still for so long at a time. He would huff..."It's not like I'm in the middle of building a house or something that I seriously need someone to do for me instead..."
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 am

There was sigh from the other end as the demon shook his head a bit. Honestly was it too much to ask for to go get checked out just in case your guess was mistaken and while it was okay in the beginning....things could get worse forcing you to do what did not want to do. That aside, the demon would find himself curious about the last part as he spoke. "Alright fine. Have it your way," he would begin as he moved around the room searching for his left shoe. Where the hell did he put it? "Though I am curious. What are these reasons you have not wanting to deal with doctors?" Yes he would take the risk and ask as he crouched down to look under the bed for the shoe.

Well wherever either of those things went, the topic would eventually shift to another pain point instead, but surprisingly the demon would actually chuckle at this one. "You are beginning to remind me of myself. Always wanting to do things on your own. I get what you are saying, but even so we all need a little help sometimes, you know?" Doing things on your own was something most single people did; however, that didn't always have to be the case. Even less so when you had someone willing to help out. "Look. Just let me come over and help you out. See how it goes. If you hate it just tell me shoo and I will leave alone about it, okay?" He honestly couldn't force the matter, but he kind of did want to see the guy anyway. Just to see with his own eyes he was indeed okay....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm

"Perfect." Really though, he wasn't that careless. If something weird came up, he'd deal with it, but he just didn't think there was much point in running to the doctor straight up and just exposing people outside to catching the sickness too, when it wasn't that much of a mystery as to what he had, nor was he literally dying right now. "*cough*...well, I just don't like dealing with the doctors poking into things. There's a couple things that kind of work differently due to my powers, and it isn't like I can effectively explain, so it's a pain when they take notice and start being bothersome about it." Especially when it came down to some sort of diagnostics and whatnot. He just really didn't want more frustration when he could avoid it.

"Yes, help me end my suffering.", he would deadpan slightly. "I simply don't see the need to make so much fuss over things. It's a lot simpler to do things on my own, and it also means less people being bothered." It had little to do with being single to him. It was just...well, did he really need the help to be able to function? No? Then what's the point behind dragging another person into it and complicating it all further? He wasn't completely bed ridden or something like that. In any case, he would sigh. "I don't think I hate it...just...*sigh*...If you really have to though."
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Rika would just give a huff at the perfect comment, but otherwise wouldn't say much else. He didn't exactly agree with not going to the doctor when it came to serious issues like the flu, but what was he too do? Go over and drag the guy to the doctor against his will? No that would be rather rash and kind of dumb, so for the moment he would let the guy win. No use arguing about it anyway. "Ah well that is reasonable enough and I suppose in some cases, I can relate to that. I sometimes forget that you aren't just a normal human. Well, I suppose I can let you off the hook there for now." And so he would. Doctors could be tricky business even less so when they were trying to deal with something that wasn't full human. So letting that topic go where it would the demon would found himself facepalming at the last issue.

"See. You wouldn't be suffering if someone was helping you out and I wouldn't be making such a fuss if you just stopped being stubborn and let me come over and help ya." The demon would grumble a bit agitated. This wasn't just about the helping part. No. He wanted to go because he wanted to be there with the guy and support him through a hard time, but it seemed the other didn't get this concept at all, but even so the demon wouldn't let up until the guy finally submitted.

"Yes. I really have to. In fact, I just need to find my bag and I'll be on my way out the door now. You get comfy somewhere. When I get there I'll just let myself in okay?" he wold say seeming quite happy with this latest turn.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Well, he didn't see flu as that serious. It could become that way if one developed complications on top of it, but by itself, the sickness would just pass away in time. He didn't think a doctor was extremely necessary unless something started being more off than what was normal. "I wonder if life would be easier that way." Eh, probably not though. Besides, he was abnormal enough even without inhuman features, so he wouldn't win a whole lot by getting rid of those.

He would snort when the other attempted to lecture him about what would and wouldn't happen. "I see having someone there to patronize me about my choices as its own form of suffering. That said, I was referring to fussing in terms of the fact that you just had to be immediately convinced you have to come over the moment I mentioned I was sick. So you technically are making a fuss over me." He didn't exactly get it, for to him, the idea of a person meddling in his decisions and telling him how to better deal with the sickness did not compute as much of a support. More like subconscious frustration and a potential to become rather uncomfortable. He already felt meh enough, he didn't need headaches on top of that. It's not like he was putting himself in danger of his own life because he was choosing to not rest all the time. He knew his limits well enough.

In any case, he would roll his eyes to himself, as he deadpanned at the other dryly. "Have fun." He was feeling vaguely annoyed by this, as it meant now he couldn't just relax and mind his own business, but he was a bit too tired to argue on the subject.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:57 pm

"I dunno and probably will never know considering the circumstances." Yeah. He didn't think there was a way of separating his demon half from his human half without the risk of death or something worse than that. Even so the demon figured being just an ordinary guy probably had its own issues too, so maybe no one won in either case.

As for that other topic....

There was a sigh at that one and then a bit of silence. "I am not ---*sigh* Look. I am not going to argue with you here. I am making fuss because I care about you and honestly I prefer to check in on you personally in this case, so that is why I am coming over." Besides what was wrong with that? He had the right to care did he not and his own way show it, right? Besides...he couldn't surpress himself or how he reacted. If they were going to go anywhere they needed to get over these differences hurdles. He wasn't sure where else to go if they kept avoiding it or he sat down/backed off the moment the other pushed back.

Maybe he was being pushy, but...he had the right to do things his way too. Or at least that was the logic that was going through his head as he found his bag and after throwing a few things that were needed in it, he would move around his space making sure everything was secure and taken care of before he grabbed the keys off his counter and headed to the door.

"Oh I plan to. I'll be there soon," he responded back dryly seeming not want to budge on the matter as he headed out the door and down the stairs to his bike.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:37 pm

At first, he opened his mouth like he was about to retort to that statement somehow, but he honestly had no idea what to say. Sure, he could have jabbed at the other about how him being able to carry a normal conversation over the phone easily was apparently not enough of a proof that he wasn't about to keel over and die any moment...but even he was aware that doing so would only come off as passive-aggressive, and not quite convey what his real 'problem' with this whole matter was. Too bad he just couldn't figure out how to formulate this in a normal way on the spot. In the end, he would just grumble something unintelligible under his breath, simply giving up on this mess. He couldn't keep this up without it turning into some sort of offensive exchange on pure accident, which was NOT what he wanted at all. Letting himself react too impulsively only fucked him over anyway.

To be honest though, his goal wasn't to have the other bend over and back down any time he had an issue with what was happening...he really just wanted at least some space to get himself figured out first. He wasn't even sure how he really felt about this yet, to be frank. For the most part, it was just that his first reaction to being rushed into something was to fight back, as he ultimately didn't want to end up in a corner due to his own slowness.

He'd be silent for a while at the final comment, before just giving the other a tired 'feel free to take your time' and ending the call after that. He just didn't want that to continue anymore at the moment. He would rub his eyes slightly with a sigh as he went to finally get some water into the glass he had been staring at until now...
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:20 am

Well from the silence it seemed that perhaps the conversation was over for now. Either that or the other was holding his tongue for some reason. To be frank Rika thought it may have been the latter making him wonder just how good or bad this idea was. Even so...he had to step up and hold his ground at some point didn't he? He felt himself sigh inwardly as the anxiety already began to build up and try to suggest he shouldn't do it. It was best to apologize and stay home. Maybe in the past when he was a bit weaker, he would've submitted to it and rotted in his misery, but this time. This time he took a small bold step forward.  He wasn't going to back down. He was going to do what he said both for this situation and what he had been saying he would do for a long time now. It was true this whole ordeal could turn into a shit storm, but he would face it if it came.

With his mind made up, he would hear the others words and give a soft "You'll have plenty alone time before I get there" in response before ending the call. Tucking his phone into his pocket, he would enter the parking lot and find his bike.

Making sure all items were secure and closed, he would mount the bike and start his trek to Sharaku's home. It was a pathway he new vaguely since the last time he came the other was driving. Even so he managed to get to his destination after one little mix up that got him turned around a bit. In any case, once he was where he needed to be, he would park his bike in the small parking lot before making his way over to the apartment complex the guy lived in. As he walked, he took in everything trying to commit things to memory so he wouldn't get as lost next time.

In any case, he would make it to the building and after finding the right key gain access to it. He looked around the area he was in and decided to take the stairs up to the second floor where the guy lived. Finding the right door, he insert the key and unlock it knocking a bit as he pushed it open.

“Hello,” he would say announcing his presence as he came into the apartment and closed the door. He’d pause to take his shoes off at the door and to place his bag down as well. Once that was done, he would step further into the place.
Useless Information:

So Rika is dressed like he is in the picture I am currently using for my avatar. His pants are jeans and he is wearing his usual boots. He appears as human versus with all the extras he typically has when on his own turf.  Also because I am derp. It took him about 30 minutes to get to Sharaku’s place.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Well yes, he had kind of been holding his tongue, but there were good reasons for that. It just wasn't going to end well, nor the way he would like it to if things kept going down that path, so it was better to leave it be for the moment. Picking arguments just went wrong either way.

That aside, he was honestly doubting he'd really get a lot of time unless the other tried to snail mode his way over or something. Nevertheless, he wouldn't comment on the matter further as he proceeded to get what he needed done in the kitchen before moving back to where he was in the first place, and flopping down on the sofa.

Which is where he would be once the other came, laying on his back and staring at the ceiling, while Neptune used his stomach as a cushion to lay on. He didn't seem to really be doing anything at the moment, most of his stuff just placed on the table next to the sofa right now. "Right.", he would mumble in response to the greeting, not quite bothering with a more extensive reply in the moment.

Layout Info and such:

Okay, first things first. The basic theme he seems to have going is a combo of light purple walls, and black/white colored furniture. The floor is wooden, and a light, nearly white color.

When it comes to the colors I specified so far...
Red - thass the sofa, which appears to be rather large, and can easily be used instead of a bed if one wants to. It's black colored.

Dark Blue - a glass table with black and white decorations around the edges

Light blue - the TV. Yes, it's big and oddly seems to be set unusually far from the sofa, suggesting that he doesn't often watch/use it from that location.

Greens - cute light blue lava lamps, because weird decoration is a must

Oranges - wooden black/white colored closet thingies

Pink - the perfect circl- I mean, a pretty big floor moon pillow that one could even lay on

...and other less important stuff I guess.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next