» Desert Tunes
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm by Rika

» Data Dump for Calabus
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am by Rika

» Transformation
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: Ideas for Characters for NA
Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 pm by Rika

» Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)
Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm by Sharaku

» An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title
Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm by Rika

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week

As Bright As The Snow

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: As Bright As The Snow

Post by Sharaku on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 am

“What would you do?”, he’d opt to ask with a slightly raised eyebrow. Not that it mattered in the current scheme of things, but he did find it beneficial to know as to how would the guy ‘deal’ with in in case any kind of blow up happened at any point in time. “I’d probably say more spicy.”, he’d snort. “Typically the kind where you only notice the burn after you’ve already chewed for a while.” And in some cases you find out it’s spicy even though it didn’t look it at glance. People and situations were pretty tricky after all.

In any case, he would huff faintly at the joke issue. This was getting a little more complicated than it needed to be, wasn’t it? “Well, an action in itself isn’t harmful. It’s the one who performs it that needs to have such an intention for it to become so. To be fair though, I can’t say sarcasm isn’t intended to make some sort of a point, even when it isn’t being used as an insult. Is there a better way to make a joke that relates to something that was done though? Making it more convoluted and metaphorical just to avoid any sarcastic implication tends to end with it flying over people’s heads entirely. I suppose I just prefer a more straightforward approach there.”, he would shake his head. “If it’d help you feel better about it, you’re always free to ask about what way I meant it.” As much as he didn’t mind confrontation here and there, he didn’t necessarily want a million pointless ones smacking him in the face left and right.

Nevertheless, he would laugh under his breath briefly as the other commented about envying his choices of action. “It sure isn’t as simple as it seems. Some things you just have to learn. I used to get angry at people myself. I don’t have the best temper. It tends not to work though. All you do by being aggressive is backing people into a corner and making them scared of you or in a worse case scenario, triggering their fight mode and making them argue with you and defend themselves. They don’t actually want to do what you sauntered over to tell them to do like some self-imposed rule-setter. If they do so, it’s simply because you manage to intimidate them into doing it. Pushiness and fear aren’t good motivators. There are better ways in most cases. I took time to figure it out too.” It depends on what you want to achieve. If you don’t want to waste your own work time, you can let someone higher in charge deal with it, as they at least have better tools to remind the person of why they need to do their job. In case you think you have ample time to get involved….snapping at them is not quite the way to get the proper result. It’s annoying to watch such behavior for sure, but if you don’t make an effort to actually ‘work’ with the person there, they won’t be inclined to want work with you either.

That said, he would lean back in his seat, folding his arms across his chest with a sigh when he was questioned about his ‘people preferences’, so to speak. He wasn’t necessarily the most comfortable talking about that, but it wasn’t the first time he was faced with such questions either. He had even dealt with therapists before after all. He also didn’t really buy well into the ‘oh, only answer if you want to’ thing. You wouldn’t be bothering to ask if you didn’t want to actually hear the answer. That’s not going to change. He found it a little silly. He was going to make his own decision anyway, and if you do want to get an answer, might as well stick with the notion fully. “…I would say it’s a pretty simple thing. Someone who’s not the same as the masses one deals with every day. There’s a reason why we don’t date and get close with every person we come in contact with. It’s hard to list defining characteristics though. I like people who know how to be independent. Most people will try to please at some point, and I’m not too partial to listing what I want just for them to start trying hard to embody that to make me like them. Not like this, at least.” If a need to compromise arose on the go, that was fine. He’d still get to see what the person was ‘like’ naturally, rather than them trying to fit the mold he gave them early on, making themselves into who they weren’t from the beginning. “What I can tell you though, is that I get tired of people who cow down and get scared or hurt every five minutes just because I’m a more up-front person.” It could be beyond irritating when everyone around you was acting like that. From distance, they seem to admire you and all that because you stand there and get shit done. But the moment there’s closer contact, it seems like they’re either scared of your willpower, or they show they secretly hate you because you appear stronger/better than them. Typical reaction, really. Not a pleasant one though, for many reasons.

He would furrow his brows when the guy grumbled at him, seemingly pausing to think for a moment as he got done with his own mouthful of food. This kind of thing confused him sometimes. It wasn’t that he didn’t understand the concept of embarrassment. No, he knew what that was. Still, every person reacted to it and interpreted it differently. Someone would be really uncomfortable in that situation and want it to stop immediately. While another may not mind it as much, and view it as more of a bonding experience or such. He wasn’t the best at reading nuances like this, and he sure found it hard to tell whether this meant he could keep on with the subject more or less safely still, or should legitimately leave it be completely. Blinking a bit, he would put his chopsticks down, leaning across the table a bit, his right hand coming up to touch the other’s cheek slightly (assuming he didn’t get swatted away or such). “Does it bother you?” He probably sounded half concerned, and half ‘I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m doing it anyway’. The mysteries….
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 pm

"Spicy?" he would ponder that one for a moment before nodding a bit as a smirk came across his face. "That is another good word for the world yes." And so were many others for this very strange and unpredictable thing called life. That aside though, it would seem the two gents would fall into deep conversation about other matters, each topic staying as long as it needed before disappearing into silence and a relaxed air.

That was until there was only one matter left on the table that had yet to resolve itself. One that apparently had Rika a bit in a pickle as the light jabbing from the other about him expressing pleasure for his food got to him. On one hand he understood it was a joke, but on another some part wanted bite him for pointing it out. Whether to be mad or just laugh it off was confusing enough, but then the embarrassment came in to make things more muddled. He didn’t get it. He had been teased for stuff before far worse than this, yet nothing had gotten under his skin like this...and yet somehow this guy. This guy was easily breaking through his usual defenses. He didn’t attach to people in an instant and yet this guy….Why?

Fear and intrigued added onto the confusion making him slightly grumpy in the end as he kept his eyes away from the other and focused on eating. He was so lost in thought that he didn’t notice the other had moved until he felt something warm touch his cheek.

A bit startled, he would stiffen slightly as he looked back the other his eyes a bit wide at first as his mind took a moment to process that one the guy was touching him and two what the guy had asked. As he settled, he would find himself not trying to knock the hand away, but rather lean his head a bit into the other’s hand as he looked over at him still red in the face and a bit nervous.

“I am not sure to be honest. You confuse me and intrigue me all at once and I am not sure why. I don’t know….” he would say not understanding what he was even saying or even why it was so hard to answer a question, but he couldn’t figure it out. Even less so now. Why was this happening? What was this?
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:16 pm

For a few moments, he would just blink at the guy blankly, as his brain took a brief time out to try and process this. Nevertheless, he would remain as he was for now, not moving himself nor his hand away just yet. "Erm...any idea what happens when two confused people meet...?", he'd get out eventually, not quite certain where was he trying to go with this. Outside of knowing that he had absolutely no idea either way.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Rika would watch the other quietly after he had spoken, the warmth of the hand against his flush cheek comforting and calming enough to make him forget where they were for a moment; however, with the other's reality came crashing in. As he spoke, the young man would give a soft chuckle as he gave a somewhat awkward smile. "I honestly don't know. I guess they'd just try and make it work, so it is not so awkward?" He would raise his eyebrows at the other questioningly having no idea where he was going with this either. This could get interesting....
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:46 am

He would just stare at the other, not moving from his spot though his muscles did give a slight twitch, whatever that was for. "If it's already awkward, isn't it a little late...?",he'd mumble, his voice a low grumble there.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 am

"Maybe, but perhaps awkward isn't do bad," was the soft response as Rika moved one hand to rest gently against the other's. He took notice of the twitch. "Does this make you uncomfortable?" He would ask softly not removing his hand as he watches you with crimson eyes.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:07 am

He would give a gruff huff. "It makes things harder." Regardless, he would watch the other's actions, his eyes narrowing briefly before he made the decision to move his hand, and instead just bring their hands down onto the table. "Perhaps...I like this better though."
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:24 am

"Yeah it can. It most certainly hard to play off when both are aware," he would say with a soft snort. When the hand movement begins, he did not try to resist or force the other to keep his hand where it was nor did he say anything in regards to the eye narrowing. Instead, he just let his hand go with the other's until they rested upon the table. He'd hum softly in thought as he looked down at the hands and before he'd gently shift his hand so that he could hold the guy's hand a bit better. With a small smile on his lips, he would look up at the other. "I can agree. This one is good too." And easier to compose yourself around versus the former.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 pm

He wouldn't really say anything. He didn't know how to respond to that without simply making things even more awkward. How do you respond to that anyway? Try to make a random joke or change the subject on spot? That'd just be too noticeable. There was absolutely nothing even remotely smart his brain had to say to basically 'yes, I agree with what you just said' on both fronts. That was kind of like a topic finisher, honestly, and he couldn't be trying to challenge the guy's own claim or something without sounding childish in some way. Not that he even really cared to pull such a stunt. There wasn't any positive point in doing so. He could talk a lot...but he was bad when he got stuck, especially in matters like these. It mattered what he said, unlike in case of some random person he didn't need to even consider seeing again afterwards or such.

"..."
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Well it seemed like he had killed the conversation with his words though if this was bad or not he couldn't tell. Just like he couldn't understand why this small moment of silence with this guy looking kind of vulnerable and lost was kind of cute and warming to him, but even so his face wasn't a look of a puppy lost in intrigue and crushes, but rather one of slight concern as he watched the other for a moment as he continued to hold his hand for a while longer. Staying silent for a moment longer, Rika would eventually break the silence.

"Does make you uneasy?" he would ask in calm soft tones as he watched the other, observing his behavior and actions.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Yes. Concern. He was kind of concerned for himself too. Not that such was anything new, to be honest. He wouldn't say he was entirely lost, but his brain did kind of choose to fuck off, so perhaps it wasn't that far-fetched of a claim. He did open his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but ended up just closing it again after a moment of futile effort. Errr. Okay, more staring then. For a while, at least. He would manage to snap himself out of it after a few moments thankfully, his free hand moving to pinch his nose hard. He really needed a reality check here.

A brief frown would cross his face as he finally processed the question he had been asked properly. "Short answer, yes and no because it's complicated. The long answer is probably not something that should be discussed like this. You could also try asking my brain, but unless there's a magic that allows such, we're out of luck.", he would state, huffing a bit at the end, making a slight attempt at waving this off with a bit of a joke.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Despite what was happening, Rika was patient enough as he observed the other raising his eyebrow a bit when the other literally pinched his nose as if trying to wake himself from a dream.

As he received the answer, Rika would nod at what was said. "Well, we can always schedule a different time to go deeper into this if you like and perhaps somewhere else if you don't want to discuss it in the open." He would offer before giving the other a gentle smile. "Well as much as I would love to ask the brains of many directly what they are thinking, I have yet to find any magic or device to give me access to what I seek. Then again maybe it is better if I stay out of such a place." After all, if he could get to said place he could be damaged beyond repair or do something to the mind he was before. So yeah. There was probably a reason for why the living could not do certain things. That aside though, he would become slightly more serious with what he said next. "That aside though, if you want to stop we can ask for some take boxes and leave or just I don't finish the food here?" He would look up at the other with a questioning gaze as he continued to hold his hand kind of unaware of the fact, but maybe unlike the other he had adapted to this well enough and just accepted it as is. Who knew? Either way, he was showing concern for the other. He didn't want to push the situation to the point of making the other uncomfortable...or making this more awkward than need be.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:33 pm

He would blink at the guy a few times. "...I have a feeling scheduling talks as if they were job interviews may not be the best idea." It wasn't as if he could predict when would he want to talk about that, and besides, he wasn't that inclined to dig deep into that super quickly. "Er, well I certainly wouldn't want my brain to be violated somehow." That sounded all kinds of unpleasant. He wasn't trying to imply actually getting close to the brain though. Just..maybe some sort of telepathic connection or whatever.

In any case, once the next question came, he would give the guy a blank expression for a second, before furrowing his brows as he waved his free hand. "No no, it's fine. If I were to run any time something like this happened, we'd never finish anything. I'm okay." As much as he could be. And to be fair, he ended up with some form of uncomfortable 8 times out of 10. He couldn't afford to just chicken out each time. Especially not if he wanted to look like he was at least serious. It wasn't that kind of uncomfortable anyway. As for the handhold though, he was half-aware of it, but currently too focused on fanning out the flame in front to pay it much mind.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 pm

"Hmmm..." Rika would let out the sound as he considered what the other said for a moment and then coming to some form of a conclusion within he would nod. "Alright then. Though I wonder if we don't schedule something...how will we talk about it? I mean I don't even have a way of contacting you or anything as it stands now." And he honestly kind of wanted that information though wait a minute. "Uh...provided you actually wanted to you know meet, talk, and such in the future." Yep nothing awkward or confusing about this transition at all. Welp. That happened and would happen until it rolled into the who invade the brain thing. "Well let's pray no one ever finds a way to do said violating." Rika would say with a small smirk on his face.

However, the smirk would fade when he became a bit concerned for the other, who in the end was telling him it was okay despite him not being comfortable. In response to that, Rika would narrow his eyes a bit studying the other for a moment of silence. When he was done he'd give a slow blink like a cat as he broke eye contact for a bit before looking back at the other with a soft smile. "I forgot that quickly...you hold your ground. Alright then fair enough." Though he was honestly glad the guy wasn't running. That would make things a bit more troubling than they were now.

Anyway....uh what happened now?

Last edited by Rika on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 am

Wha? He would proceed to just stare at the guy incredulously for a couple moments after that. How did...."Uhh...how were you even planning to schedule something without contact info to begin with? I don't think that's how it works? Unless your grand idea was to agree on a time and place and hope neither of us would get busy because we'd have no way of informing each other about that or basically anything that could happen to come up. Assuming the decision isn't that we're never going to meet again, in which case we would clearly not talk about it all...ever, we'll kind of need to be able to contact each other.", he'd shake his head. "Anyway, I have nothing against exchanging numbers or whatever. Even if we ended up agreeing to not go further with this, having the contact info isn't a crime." You can even delete it if that's to your liking, in case things go wrong. Not really a big deal one way or another.

That said, he would shrug weakly. "If they do, I just ask I don't become an experiment for it." He didn't have time for that. Even if it ended up being not that bad, which considering how many invasive methods for things already existed, wasn't that crazy of a possibility. Casual talk aside, he would tilt his head slightly at the guy as he got scrutinized once he gave his answer there, kind of hoping he wouldn't need to move mountains to prove he meant what he said. It would seem that he was lucky though. He would snort. "I hold a lot more than just the ground." Not that it was always easy, but he'd do what he had to do. Regardless, he would be silent for a few moments, before he glanced away towards their hands with a thoughtful frown settling on his face soon after. "Say....how touchy do you usually get with people this early on?"
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:05 pm

That was not....Rika would blink at the guy as he gave the other a confused look. "I was going to ask for it if you had yes. I am not one to just set up something and pray everything works out. I liked to be notified if you aren't coming and such." Saved a whole lot of agitation and concern on his end and well it was just polite to let people know what was going on if you had something planned and could not attend for x reasons. That odd moment aside though, the Rika would find himself giving the other a half smirk.

"I think I would agree with you there. I wouldn't want to be part of that either."
He kind of liked his inner secrets left exactly where they were thank you. As for the next topic, Rika wouldn't pry to deeply into that letting it go where it would.

Looking up at the other curiously, he would tilt his head. "Oh and what else do you hold?" he would ask softly as he watched the other letting silence fall between them as he waited for an answer. Speaking of answers, he would soon find himself having to answer one after a while as the other drew attention towards their hands.

He'd be quiet for a moment as his free hand moved to twist his bang absentmindedly as he spoke. "To be frank, this is the first time I've let this happen right off the bat. Like I may hold your hand sure, but let you touch me like you did a moment ago?" he'd shaky his head. "It would take a few dates to allow that." It was still confusing on how this happened or why he was okay with it all. Even so, crimson eyes would look to the other. "How about you?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:32 pm

He would raise an eyebrow. "Well, you confused me when you started worrying about not being able to talk about it if we didn't specifically schedule it. If the consensus wasn't for us to part entirely, then we would end up exchanging contacts either way, no?" He didn't see what difference the scheduling made in all of it, but maybe that was just him. Regardless, that was the only reason he was like 'what' about the other's sudden wigging out about the matter.

In any case, he would just hum at the brain violation topic, not finding any reason to continue that at the moment. "A lot of shit, clearly.", he would mock roll his eyes at that one. Really though, life wasn't a walk in the park, so there was that. That aside, he would frown lightly as he tapped his fingers against the table. "...ambivalent. I don't always connect touch with more than just what it is. If it's just for the sake of touching in itself, I don't care. I can do anything, anytime. It's the vibe behind it that's a deciding factor, assuming there is any. I care more about the meaning of the action, than the action itself. So it...really depends.", he would huff.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:53 pm

"W-well I thought scheduling or planning a meeting would be a logical plan of action...and as for what happened with asking for the contact information. I...honestly can't explain why it came out that way," he would say looking to the side as the red blush came to his face again. He honestly couldn't explain why a lot of things were happening like they were in this event, but hopefully they wouldn't get even more embarrassing or awkward than they already were.

Praying for the best there, he would let the brain invasion topic die as he instead found himself amused at the other's choice of response to his question. "Is that so. Well you don't seem to smell of shit, so I am thinking you got a pretty good handle on it. Wish I could say the same at times." The world indeed was not an easy place to contend with, but some held their troubles much better than others. As for himself well, he could certainly pretend he had order, but boy when things broke they broke alright; however, that was a story for another day.

Now then back to this touch thing.

"Hmmm," Rika would continue to play with his hair a bit before letting his freehand drop to the table as he considered something. "If I may. What about this situation. Do you connect the touch with something or did you do it just because?" He asked the question, his way a bit more cautious than usual. He didn't know why, but it was kind of nerve-wrecking to ask this sort of question to the guy. What was this feeling really and why after a first meeting did things suddenly said towards the other meant so much to him?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:17 pm

He would snort. "You're surprisingly ahead with all this. We haven't even finished this one yet. Surely we can 'plan' that later, and even more so if we can talk without being next to each other." Besides, he wasn't going to plan a meeting just to talk about one certain matter. That'd be pretty boring and a rather rigid way of doing things. If there was a need to touch up on that particular subject, it would come up in time.

He'd half shrug at the smelling like shit idea. "That's why covering things up exists. Some things aren't there for others to gawk at freely." It was for the better that way anyway. His life would only be harder than it already was if people could tell left and right. He wouldn't even get to have any peace of mind at that point, seeing as people just love to stick their noses in business that isn't theirs when they catch a whiff of it. Others meddling in his shit without having been invited to was not something he enjoyed at all.

That aside....he would switch to a somewhat contemplative expression as he looked towards their hands. He would attempt to flip their hands over so that they were now palms up as he gave a faint hum. "...I'm, not entirely sure.", he'd blink. "I technically didn't do it for any specific reason. Though, I suppose this is more awkward than what I'd consider normal, so perhaps...I can't quite tell what it is however." This wasn't something he was good at anyway. No, he would certainly not take it this way if it was a 'don't care whatsoever' situation, but despite knowing that, he couldn't say for sure what it was. Not right now at least.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 pm

"I-I'm not. I just...like a plan to know what to be expecting down the road; however, if you prefer to plan later, I can work with that," Rika would respond back as he looked up at the other his face still a bit flush, but at least he wasn't wigging out in a bad way. More like just a bit lost as to what to do on this "date". Ironic considering any other time he was a smooth talker and the one in control and his date was in his position.

He wasn't too sure how he felt about this lost of control before this guy. Wasn't even sure how he liked his body giving some of his thoughts away even when he didn't want them to be known. It was an uncomfortable situation for sure and yet...he didn't run from it. He just sat and took all of it blow by blow. Why?

He would hear no answer, but didn't ponder it too long as other things came into play. For the whole smelling like shit conversation, Rika would let out an amused hmph at that one as he watched the other. "That is very true." Was the only comment he would give in response to that before things turned to another matter.

As the guy moved their hands crimson eyes would drift to where they were. He did not resist rolling his hand over letting the other's hand rest on top of his as he cupped it gently and naturally. As he heard the response, he would find himself frowning a bit in confusion.

"I am not sure....how to take that. Like why would you go and touch me like that without reason? Or feel awkward about it afterwards if nothing was behind it?" he would begin as he kept his eyes locked onto their hands for now, the perplexed frown still there. "If you truly had no reason, then perhaps you shouldn't have done it. For me... that sort of touch sent a message of sorts. Like you actually cared or liked me. Yet...you say there was no reason behind. That...that I do not comprehend." Something that was quite clear from his expression and behavior as he found himself more confused than before and unable to properly react to all the emotions that were swirling around due to this.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:27 pm

"I plan things I'm already familiar with enough to know what I can expect. It's...not that I have a problem with this, but I usually refrain from over planning something that is still very much up in the air in many ways. I'd rather we do not hastily settle on a meeting at a place we don't like or such." He'd rather take this up a little later, and take a moment to figure out a good set up. It felt like it'd be better to hash over meeting details outside of this already ongoing one. That aside, no, he did not know what to do right now either, but it was something he did not want to focus on actively. Lest he'd end up giving more of that silence performance from earlier, and he'd rather not if he could avoid it.

Random conversations aside, the topic of reasons for touch was certainly a complicated one. He would blink at the guy a few times, opening his mouth and closing it back up at first, not sure how to answer to that for a brief moment. He'd make a solid attempt soon afterwards though. "Th-...Wrong words. I suppose I should have phrased that differently. I meant 'without reason'...more like, I didn't really think about doing it before I did it. It just ended up happening, rather than it being a conscious plan I came up with or whatever.", he would purse his lips slightly, trying to think through this. "In sense of reason the way you put it...I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, to be honest. I guess...I mean, if I didn't care in any way, I don't think I would have bothered to do such a thing...I'm just not certain of what exactly it was.", he would scoff, mostly at himself. "I'm obviously bad at this..." Which was all kinds of ugh. "I don't...." , he would look off to the side, seemingly trying to think hard. "...If you really want an answer...then...help me a bit? What kinds of feelings would you most likely associate with such an action?" This was a little weird to ask, but having a couple to consider could help him figure it out faster.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Rika would open his mouth and then shut it frowning a bit as he looked up at the ceiling in thought. "I never thought of scheduling a meeting like that. I just saw it as you know something a bit loose and subject to change. Like a skeleton of things so to speak." At least with an idea of where they were going and a date other things could be planned. "Even so, I am okay with planning things later versus now." A bit odd considering he was used to creating loose plans on the spot, but hey there was always a time for something different.

That matter off to the side for now, it would seem a more complicated one would be before them: Touch.

It was true the young man was confused and conflicted about things, but it seems he came slightly out of his madness when he heard the other explain himself...or at least try to. To what he heard, he would look over at the other his eyes narrowing a bit as he tried to process it all.

"Perhaps...or maybe my understanding of what you do and say are different," he begin softly as he moved his hand free hand to brush gently against the others. As he did this, he would think for a moment how to say what he wanted to say next before opening his mouth and trying to make words out of the mess.

"When you touched me and showed concern. I got the feeling that you cared. I was happy, but also very confused and nervous. The touch felt more intimate, like something one would do to someone they had a crush on or was even dating and this?" he would rest his hand upon the others gently not trying to trap it in any fashion, but rather trying to drive a point home. "This sort of thing is like a connection. Silent communication and contentment. It's like saying I like you and I enjoy being with you, but on a level deeper than just I want to be your friend." He would pause and look up at the other. "Does help a bit?" Or did it confuse more?
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:40 am

“If it’s likely just going to change later anyway, I see no need to make the plans in advance. It’s just more work to do it now, and then do it again later when things flip around. Maybe that’s just me though.” When he did plan, he planned mostly for certainty. Loose ideas can be thrown around at any time, but he didn’t particularly view that as much of a serious plan, or scheduling. That’s kind of just saying what you would probably want.

Planning aside though, there were more important things to focus on. This one specifically required a great load of thinking. Well, for him at least. He’d watch the guy with a thoughtful frown, not really resisting the touch demonstrations and whatnot. He was a little too focused on the words and trying to make any sort of connection there anyway. They’ve already been holding hands as was, and he kind of needed to figure it out before there was even much of a point in trying to gauge how did doing it a second time make anything different. He would be quiet for a prolonged moment, before shaking his head. “I suppose…it helps me understand that I don’t really think this way. Too overcharged right off the bat. I don’t classify my touches based on what is more intimate and what should be used in what situation. Not like this.”, he would pause for a moment, trying to come up with a way to put this. “I think…what drives me most is a sort of curiosity. Interest, perhaps, if you want to put it in a more relational way. I can consider a potential possibility, and thus want to see what it’d be like to try. I…don’t think of all that stuff you brought up, for the most part. I see actions of this type as more of a…’building block’ situation. A touch on the face proclaiming I care a lot to a person I’ve only met an hour or so ago? I would in fact think that to be a rather shallow and hasty connection to be making. It does mean I’m feeling willing to explore the idea, but I certainly don’t see myself going as deep as that this early. What meaning does it genuinely carry at this point?”, he’d sigh slightly. “You see…I like to get a feel for things. It helps build a positive association of sorts. Kind of like…you aren’t going to say you absolutely love a certain food dish without having even tasted it properly before, are you? Not that food is the same, but it’s a similar concept. I’m not going to profess undying love with a first touch, or anything like that. Doing such things does help ‘build’ the connection though, assuming the people are interested in giving it a try and perhaps letting it gather more meaning as time goes. Does that make sense?” Well…he was trying. It was really the best he could come up with here. “Though…”, he’d blink, “…if your perception of reaching out is this intense right off the bat, how do you feel about more ‘serious’ things so to speak, such as kissing happening fairly early?”
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:03 pm

"I suppose that works. I guess planning is planning whether you do it now or over the course of time." It was honestly different ways to the same means so he did not mind setting up things later. Besides, that topic would become trivial in comparison to the next topic that came up.

He did take note that the other didn't resist his touch, but seemed to become quiet. When the guy did speak though Rika would find himself looking down a bit as he hummed in thought. "You know...the world conditions us to think of love in a certain way that I think we end up believing the more shallow connections to be real. While I do believe someone could fall for another upon first meeting, I can see where you are coming from with what you say; however, I am not sure how to fully address the matter. Like - the touch sends a signal and you confirmed it partially true you're interested so that is good. So I would say it does have some genuine behind it. Perhaps not as intense I described it, but there is something there that may be slightly above curiosity for me." He would shake his head a bit. "Like I am curious, but that touch made me consider beyond just being curious or slightly interested. I started considering a serious relationship and what that'd mean. I know we just met and I understand we need to learn about each before determining things; however, my pace may be a bit faster than yours as far as solidifying meaning. I think it can get a bit confusing, but....at the same time as long as we stay open about it and remain aware of each other's ways. I think...I think these sort of difference can work. As for your question...uh..." he would look up at the other for a moment. "I usually refrain from that early on because of the implications; however, for you, I'd allow it even if we weren't on different planes." He could not explain it. While this whole matter should be bothering him. He was accepting it more or less well and still wanted to try going forward with the guy. So strange.

Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:44 am

He would eye the other contemplatively, offering a faint snort. “I…don’t. When you, as people like to say, fall for someone on first meeting, that’s not love yet…that’s just infatuation of sorts. It’s not the same thing. I prefer to distinguish the levels.”, he’d pause before shaking his head slightly. “Don’t get me wrong, I am very much capable of using my imagination to think ahead to what living and all that with a person would probably be like. However, I choose not to go down that route. It has never served me well to over-anticipate things of this nature. It only helps create mental expectations of what you’d like a relationship with a person to mean, and it may not quite be what is truly in front of you. I rely on the impression of the moment to at best decide the next move I make. Beyond that, it’s up in the air until I know enough to make a firm decision without any worry that I’ll just be the jerk who backs out soon after as they did not give it any deeper thought beforehand. I will go with instinct, but not to the point where I’d casually claim things for too far in the future.”, he’d state, shrugging his shoulders weakly, as much as he could with their hands being locked up together at the moment.

“Nevertheless, I’m not saying my actions lack the meaning and intent, assuming I have in fact chosen to do them. I just refuse to make the impression that I’m already ready to be in it for the long haul at a point where so much can still change at the drop of a hat. I’ve already learned that any kind of relationship can fall apart easily even when the initial vibe seems positive.” With all that said though, he would tilt his head at the guy. “You’d allow it…would you actually want to?”
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next