» Desert Tunes
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm by Rika

» Data Dump for Calabus
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am by Rika

» Transformation
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: Ideas for Characters for NA
Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 pm by Rika

» Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)
Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm by Sharaku

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week

The Rabbit Called Merk

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rabbit Called Merk

Post by Rika on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:22 pm

The night was cold as it usually was during the winter, but it seemed the gods had blessed the city with clear skies tonight. Not a single flake of snow fell from the sky giving the citizen more or less snow cleared roads for the time being. Even so the people did not wish to stay outside, the crowds hustling quickly to the underground subways or to stuff themselves into whatever bus, taxi, car, or building they could get into for warmth. Merk’s bar would be no different. The people coming in for food and drinks a never-ending stream that would’ve kept them busy all the way until the late night hours...if a headache didn’t crop up that cleared a good portion of the customers out rather quickly.

See there was this guy dressed in a brown long jacket that had come in for a few drinks, but kind of went overboard to the point that the staff was fearing for his saftey. When he went to order another drink, the pretty little lady that had been his server told him that she could not bring him more drinks due to him already being too drunk. Needless to say, this did not sit well with Mr. Brown Jacket. In anger he started to harass the girl prompting one of the male servers to go to her aid; however, the guy’s aggression only got worse causing him swing at the guy and in turn strike him. As for what happened from there?

Merk would find half of herself sighing at the situation wishing that Rika was there to help. While the guy couldn’t fight physically worth a damn, he did have a knack for de-escalating these situations before they turned into the fight that was currently happening. To make matters worse, this would nbe the day that her two security guards decided to take a break leaving her and the poor servers trying to handle a very rowdy and drunk man that had already broken plenty of glass and at least three chairs. And you know what the ass wasn’t going anywhere as he was held on with an iron grip to the female servers wrist while the male with the black eye and bloody nose try to pry her off with Merk’s help…

It was a mess for sure and not too many stuck around to help or see the end result of this hellish rumble.
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Rabbit Called Merk

Post by Sharaku on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:07 am

God Bless his choices in life. Or perhaps he shouldn't, as sometimes he really wondered why he even bothered with certain things. Sharaku wasn't much of a bar person. If you want a drink, it's less stressful to just buy a bottle and have one at home, instead of hauling your ass to an unstable environment full of drunkards. So why was he here? Simple, a classmate of his needed to go to an establishment nearby, but didn't know the way. Somehow, he ended up being the navigation since he was familiar enough with the area. And then he decided to screw it and stay around at the bar that was close. For a while, at least. He actually kinda sorta knew this place, but he had only stopped by maybe two or three times, typically due to being dragged along by others.

Regardless, he had stuck around for a while, for the most part just focusing on his glass of alcoholic cocktail he had ordered. His intention hadn't really been to mingle. When do things remain as simple as planned though? Clearly never. This was the reason he generally didn't go to clubs and bars though, so he probably shouldn't even have been that surprised. Stupid drunkards and their need to assault people. Did people never learn? At first, he remained seated by the counter, opting to be one of the few to not bail, and just kind of watch from the corner of his eye. In part, this wasn't really any of his business. On the other hand, was it a good idea to let this happen?

Luckily or not, he was currently in more of a mood to meddle, and perhaps having a drink helped the decision too. You know, sometimes you have to go and make silence happen yourself if you really want it. With a huff to himself, he would slam down the remainder of the liquid in his glass, putting it down on the counter as he moved to stand up.

Hopefully, he wasn't going to ruin his nice clothes tonight. Would be a shame. What can one do though? That said...seeing as the duo trying to get the held woman away would need to be attempting to loosen the grip of the guy's hand, they'd have to be focusing the attention in front of the guy. Meaning...it was time to drift around to come up from the guy's back. Just for safety measure and all. Even if...to be fair, severely drunk people tended to not be very attentive at all, and pretty sluggish/clumsy on top of that. It was mostly the aggressive uncooperativeness that posed an issue, usually to those that didn't know how to defend against it properly.

While the duo + hostage hashed it out in front, he'd casually step up at the guy's back, looping one arm around his neck area. There didn't seem to be any hesitation, as he'd get a firm grip, putting pressure against the man's collarbone area, a sort of unspoken 'threat' perhaps. "I hate to crash the party, but this is getting really hard to watch. How about we try to come to a compromise instead.", he'd pause briefly before addressing the man in question specifically. "I doubt you want to risk potentially dealing with court charges depending on what happens, so how about you give it up? If you really feel the need to fight someone, at least be a honorable man and pick an equal opponent though. This isn't a slaughter party." He would have liked to try and deal with this without any physical contact in the first place, but it didn't seem safe to risk as much anymore. He did offer choices though, if there was any chance this could be handled without a bloody fight.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:46 pm

To say they were expecting help in any form would be a lie. Merk was expect a tough battle and even getting involved physically herself to free her worker and get folks more or less out of danger at the risk of her own life, so when this tall hunk of a man suddenly appeared and got the guy from behind everyone was a bit shocked.

The two servers looked at the man in surprise while Merk looked up to see who had the balls to actually get involved in this. As for the drunk well he certainly became more focused on being in a hold as he grunted and his grip loosened on the girl. Taking advantage of this Merk yanked the girl away pushing her in such a fashion that she made the guy helping stumbled. She swatted at the pair to flee which they did as she moved herself in front of the man fully in case he tried anything to go after them.

Though that idea would soon be the least of her worries as she watched the drunk try to take a step back wiggling a bit to try and get the guy on him off. “Stay the fuck outta of this!” the drunk was growling as he struggled to get free.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Very funny. Had that been anywhere in his intention, he wouldn't have stepped up to begin with. Angry threats were not going to get him to comply. Nor would he move from his spot at all, refusing to let the guy push him backwards, as he tightened his grip on the other. Well, he could play that game, but surely the guy did not want to get to the point of having his airflow cut off, because that could easily be arranged. Or potentially even worse, were he forced to resort to doing any actual damage. "You didn't have the basic decency to not attack others yourself. You have no right to tell me what to do. Have you considered that the reason why you aren't getting any is your own behavior? Pretty sure I don't see anybody else here acting like a rabid animal.", he'd state, a rather calm, unbothered tone.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Merk would keep her guard up, but at the same time back up a bit as she watched the situation unfold the drunk fully focused on the man that had him wrapped like a snake with a meal.

The guy made a move to resist, but the taller male only tightened his grip much to the displeasure of the drunk who was now trying to pry the arm off.

"Motherfukah tryin' an' lecture me?" the drunk slurred in biting tones as his anger only flared. "Me dah customer who demands good service." He would slur some more as he tried to move to a different position trying to get the guy to become unbalance while fighting with the arms that pinned him. "Fuckin' coward! Gotta come up and try to be the hero and shit can't even face a man directly. Fucking shithead," he was grumbling not making any sense as he continued to try and get free.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 pm

"Good job for being a drunk asshole giving a tantrum. For that's the only thing I see happening here.", he'd remark, not a single bit fazed by the insults and whatnot being throw his way. To be honest, just staying in place and keeping still didn't even waste him as much energy as struggling like this would the other guy. Nevertheless, the movements were annoying. Very well then. Having had a fairly good view of the guy's movement from slightly above due to his height advantage, he did keep an eye on what was happening, just to take a small step back with a sharp tug of the arm he had around the other's neck. Using the slight distraction, he would move his other arm to reach out and grab one of the guy's arms, and force twist it behind his own back, leaning his own weight against him to get him to bend forwards somewhat after that.

"I have nothing I need to prove. I could release you and give you some free broken bones, but I'm not empty brained enough to do that and then have you act the victim on me and claim I was the one who assaulted you, or anything like that. Besides, I'm simply making sure you don't destroy and trash any more stuff. Like I said before, this isn't quite how one behaves in public.", he'd offer his statement, while making sure to give some pull on the arm he had taken hold of before. He wasn't going to directly harm, but this positioning would be pretty painful, just like when you stretch your muscles beyond what's still comfortable. Maybe some pain would clear the guy's head for a moment.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:57 pm

"I ain't having no fuckin' tantrum. I just want mah damn drink," the guy would say wiggling around angrily trying to get the guy off to no avail. He kept struggling trying to pry with one hand while trying his best to make a backward movement or a sudden sideway move to unbalance the guy. Something that might've worked in if the guy wasn't so drunk.

However, he wasn't thinking anything of his situation as anger and alchohol took hold of him and made him just want to fight....well try to. He certainly wasn't winning. Even less so when the guy behind made his move.

Not expecting to be tugged by his neck, the guy gagged a bit his air was cut off both hands trying to go up the guy's arm; however, one would be caught and twisted behind him in a painful way that made him hiss. And when he was pushed forward the drunk was bearing his teeth as he heard the words from the other.

"Why the fuck do you care how I behave. I ain't hurting you so why?" the guy would growl furry in his eyes as he struggled perhaps a bit too much because he would let out a growling yelp of pain before becoming still. Apparently he had done something to his arm and had at least for the moment stopped fighting even if he was glowering like an ember ready to burst into flames.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Good? Good. He wouldn't really push any further and just remain the way he were as long as the guy stopped trying to make things worse. He would not risk simply letting go though, as that was clearly not a good option just yet. "Why? Well, you might want your drink and think ripping half the club apart for it is reasonable...and me, I want my peace and silence, just like a normal person having a quiet chill on a night out. It's really simple.", he would pause for a moment, giving a sigh. "In all seriousness though, you may not be hurting me personally, but you did assault other people, and it might have come to the point of other innocent bystanders being in danger as well, me included. I care because I don't want so many people to suffer over such a simple thing as a drink. Are you telling me alcohol is important enough to you to cause a war over? This is what it's gotten you so far. I'd wager to say it's not that great of a thing at all." How much could he bet that the guy would regret at least some of his action once sober enough?
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:18 pm

The guy would hear the response and surprisingly become quiet. Maybe the pain was what was getting to him or maybe being pinned unable to escape gave him some clarity. Who knew the real reason behind the calmness?

Point was the guy was for some reason or another quickly buring out as he glared moodily at Merk as if the whole situation was her fault. She would give him an emotionless stare back until the guy simply looked down as he spat.

"The drink....you have no idea what that drink is to me, but I don't expect shit heads and bitches to understand me. You want your fucking quiet? Well you can have it. Just let me go," the guy would say his words still slurring heavily as he remained still in his spot, breathing heavily, but at least not trying to fight.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:37 pm

"....chances are drinking more than you already seem to have would only knock you out cold and potentially do bad things to your health. Unless that's in fact your goal tonight, then I think you won't benefit much from more drinks. Alcohol doesn't solve problems in the long term. I can't claim I understand your position as I don't know you, and while I'm not sure how that makes me worth an insult, all I'm saying is that I'd rather no one comes close to killing themselves here." Whether the guy was an addict, or was overdrinking to drown something out, which were the two most common reasons for such behavior, there was no denying that it was dangerous to both the person in question, and anyone who had to be around them during.

Regardless, he would eye the guy contemplatively before stepping back, although he would keep on guard in case there were still punches to be pulled. "I didn't intend to hold you in place forever in the first place. That'd help no one." Well, unless it kept being way too bad, but in that case, he would probably just resort to carefully knocking the guy out for a while.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:50 pm

"Shut it, ya shithead," the guy would growl lowly, he didn't seem to want to be lectured on things or maybe he had heard the same thing before in his life and just didn't like the truths he heard. Whatever the case was, he would continue to remain still in the other's grip until he was released.

As soon as he was free, he'd turn around to face off the one who had him, but seeing he was up against a giant any revenge or words he had to say would dry up as he grumpily looked at the other wanting to say something, but deciding against it simply straightened out his jacket and left out of the area.

Of course being the logical adult, he flipped on last table near the window for good measures before swaying on out there like he was some bad ass. As the few fearful watched.

Merk on the other hand just kind had this "why do humans do these things" sort of frown on her face as she shook her head as the guy left. After that honey colored eyes would look over at the tall gent that had helped them out.

"Thanks for being so bold stranger. I would reward with a free drink and food, but I got a mess to clean up. Hope you don't mind a rain check on that one," she would say as she eyed the guy up and down seeming to appreciate what she saw in various ways.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:00 pm

He could have said something in return, but wouldn't that time, not wanting to feed the flame there. It wasn't optimal to respond much to a simple threat, as tempting as it could be. Nevertheless, it would seem that the guy did choose to take the heed and not try to fight again, which was definitely for his own good. He'd watch the guy leave, shaking his head slightly at the display before his attention was taken by the woman that had been around the whole time. To be fair, he had noticed he wasn't alone before, but found it more beneficial to focus on the task at hand rather than get distracted.

He would snort faintly. "I've already had a drink. We don't want me following that guy's footsteps. It's of no matter though. I've done this kind of stuff in the past. It doesn't bother me. And I'm only hanging around thanks to somebody else as is. How bad is the damage?", he'd look around a bit after his question.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:19 pm

With the drunk thankfully gone, Merk would find herself giving the other a smirk as she raised an eyebrow at him. "Well that is true. Still I like to reward people, so I am pretty sure we could negotiate the drink deal to prevent round two of that," she would say her gaze amused despite the situation. She would hold the other's gaze for a moment before blinking and looking around at the establishment to access the damage as she continued. "Ah did your friends ditch ya or did you just decide to come in here and wait? Also you said you've done this sort of thing before, huh? You a bar bouncer or something?" she would ask as she moved passed him to the table with the broken chair. She would kneel down to pick up the largest pieces first pausing when the guy asked his questions.

"Well the damage to property is so-so. Got some broken chairs, glasses and maybe a table or two broken. My really concern is my workers back there. They are both going to the hospital and going home for the night. I am gonna shut down to clean up somethings. Hurts the business a bit, but I like my people healthy and healed and a nice establishment. You are welcomed to finish off your drink if you want though." She would say as she began to move the half of chair off to the side to begin cleaning up the mostly deserted bar. No need to chase customers off thanks to that scaring most of them off and the gawkers were now bored since the action was over so they left on their own accord too.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:35 pm

He would half shrug one shoulder. "To be fair, I'm not big on drinking anyway." It wasn't a common practice for him to drink more than just a bit. Besides, he wasn't even much of an aggressive drunk in case he for whatever reason did go too far. "Mmm, I had to show someone a way to a nearby place. Felt like a waste to just go back home immediately, so I stopped by here for a moment." Not to say that being ditched would be new to him though. He kinda took that with grace by now however. He would hum faintly. "Was. I did a bouncer job part-time for a while about two years ago or so. It's a pretty chill job as long as you know what you're doing." Actually dangerous fights were few and far in between, so most of the time you didn't have a whole lot to do. And in case you knew how to deal with shit, that one tougher commotion once in a blue moon was more or less worth the overall pay. Plus, he had a slight advantage with his height, as a lot of people would balk and be less inclined to pick shit with him when they saw him towering over them. Makes it easy to watch crowds too, when you've got a high viewpoint.

He would frown thoughtfully. "I assume they weren't your typical security people? Sounds like a bad day when there's nobody who can stop an issue.", he'd shake his head a bit. "That said, done and done. I wasn't going to leave my drink there for someone to swipe while I was busy." Hell, he wouldn't put it behind someone to be cheeky like that.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:58 pm

"Well you are one of the rare cases that come through here looking for a drink." Most came here to drown out something, but had enough sense to leave before they got like the guy that had just left. "That was mighty kind of ya being a guide and stopping in for a drink. Though can't apologize enough for all the mess that occurred," the woman would say as she continued to clean as she talked; however, she would pause as she looked over at the guy with a smirk.

"A former bar bouncer huh and well I suppose you got the quieter bar. My place isn't too bad, but I'd say that the frequency of trouble is there. Though if you don't have anything to do, wanna apply to be one here? I would appreciate another hand," she would say with a wink showing she was mostly joking with that one. Lord knows that a bouncer job could get tiring or dangerous, so she wouldn't throw that on just anyone. Even if the person claimed to have done it before, she had a whole slew of things to screen before she was sure said person was a good fit for her bar.

Going back to cleaning up the chunks of chair and larger pieces of glass, she would shake her head as her rabbit like ears swayed with the motion. "Nope. They are just my servers that come in religiously despite what hell they may go through. My big boys are on vacation and the only other one that could've helped out is currently still busy even at this hour. So that leaves little old me and the servers to defend for ourselves. Usually we got it covered, but tonight not so much." They would have to get the irate, unreasonable brute wouldn't they. What a bad impression. "Smart too boot. You must know the bar well enough if you know better than to leave your drink unguarded." It was kind of common sense, but most forgot that when with friends or drinking.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 pm

"God Bless me, but I personally don't think I need alcohol issues added onto my pile of things. It's never good to overdo it." Even if it was just a one time thing. It could cost you a lot still. He would raise his arms up a bit. "I'm not injured, am I? I've got nothing to complain about, really." Yes, having to deal with such shit could be a little annoying, but he wasn't that easy to upset.

That said, he would raise an eyebrow at the sudden 'offer'. "I'd say it was moderate. I'm confident enough in my abilities to not fear occasional conflict though." Were that the case, he certainly wouldn't do what he did here, seeing as there was no need for him to be the one to interfere. "Since you offer so generously...I will say I don't mind helping out, but I have to admit I do juggle university and an intern job already, so I wouldn't be free 24/7.", he'd huff in amusement. He wasn't 'that' busy in all honesty, but it was a fact that he did have things to do in his life.

"It's strange how a simple waiter job can be so brutal." It was one of the easiest ones to get without even needing degrees and stuff, but it clearly wasn't a whole lot of fun. "I like to call it common sense.", he'd click his tongue lightly before his attention was taken by the odd looks he had kind of been passing over until now. "If I may ask...is there any reason for the animal like appearance?"
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:43 pm

"You got issues, huh? Don't we all?" she would say with a chuckle, but then becoming serious again she would continue. "Well issues are not I am glad you aren't an addict or trying to use alcohol to drown stuff out. I have enough kids running in and out of here with that problem to last me a life time and then some." The amount of people with that problem was alarming at times, but what did one do except try to prevent them from killing themselves within your own turf?

"I'd say you are pretty lucky there considering that guy could've very easily turned out to be more than just all bark and no bite." She had seen that number one too many times for comfort and in turn the end result of when it became a full brawl. That was never pretty.

As for that offer though, the woman would remain crouched down her small tail twitching a bit as she looked up at the other with a narrowed gaze for a bit before nodding a bit. "Well I won't fuss about the extra hand, but know it can be pretty rough around here, but if you think you can do that, school, and a job, I ain't gonna stop ya. You're welcome to come and help anytime you want." And that was pretty much that if the guy decided to stay firm in his desire to help. She wouldn't need to fully screen him like her full timers, but she would need to discuss with him payment and such. Hmm. Well that was a thing.

That aside, she would chuckle a bit at the next set of words. "Being a waitress is only as safe and simple as the environment allows. I make it pretty clear this is not an easy job and you have to be on your toes no matter what position you take up here. Unfortunately my bar isn't a walk in a park like some." Which was kind of a bummer at times, but hey it paid the bills and she liked the location so she took the good and the bad in stride. "Common sense," she repeated with a light snort as she continued to clean. "Many leave that at the door these days making me wonder about humanity at times. Simply amazing really how fast people forget everything once a glass is in their hands." Not all a customers were bad, but still the things she had seen she just had to wonder sometimes about the mind of some people that went in out of her place. Speaking of seeing things, it seemed the guy had noticed her looks and in turn asked about them.

To this she would smile as she carried a few smaller pieces of wood to her pile she was making. "Oh this. Just something I like to sport for fun. It's like my own skin after all and I feel good in it." She'd recite the all too familiar words that she gave to anyone who questioned her looks.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:43 pm

He'd make a mild bleh look. "I...legitimately don't even enjoy being drunk. A little buzz is alright, but being entirely plastered feels great at best in theory. And then there's the aftermath of hangovers. It's not even remotely worth it in my opinion." Even if he had it real bad, he'd just likely seek out a different way of escaping reality. Getting drunk under the table was not high on his list. He could sort of appreciate being a little tipsy, but that was typically his personal limit. It just went downhill after that. Both the situation, as well as the enjoyment.

He'd shrug weakly. "Meh, I know how to fight. I didn't want to, but were it to be necessary, I could have followed up on my warning about broken bones." It wasn't a great approach though, especially in a setting that one could easily get in trouble at. He was ready to fight nevertheless. He'd blink. "I'll be done with school soon. Regardless, I don't mind a bit of roughhousing." To be honest though, he didn't plan on actually coming by and doing that much. He was willing to assist in case he was around, but he likely wouldn't come solely just for it.

"No place on Earth is entirely safe anyway. And hell, I could always fear assault even at my job. You can never know when someone decides to do a stupid thing." Was it likely? Probably not, but you can never be entirely sure. Plus, teenagers and the like could be a rowdy bunch, and as bad of an idea as it is to attack a teacher, he wouldn't put it behind some crazies to think it okay. He'd huff. "Humanity was never the brightest. That's a fact." He was willing to admit that humans were inherently pretty dumb sometimes. Perhaps that could be said for all existing species though.

Speaking of saying things, there was a far more interesting matter afloat. He had taken notice of the rabbit appendages much earlier, but didn't go out of his way to bring them up until there was a slight break in conversation. He couldn't say how much he believed the words he was given. Not only was it unusual for an owner to dress silly just because they felt like it...there were also some physical things that were questionable. He'd make a gruff sound in mild amusement. "I didn't know that these things could move on their own. Looks pretty realistic to me as well...I'm not saying I don't believe you...but maybe I don't.", he'd state, a casual expression on his face. How she reacted to that would probably give him a better idea of what was up here.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Merk would smirk at the face made as she glanced at the other as she got up to move the table out of the way a bit. “Well, well. You seem to actually think before you do such things. That is always a welcomed change.” Most came in with the intention of drinking, but not thinking and turn could get way out of hand. Even more so when said people didn’t know their limits. “You’re approach is certainly different and it is good to know you can shift to attack if need be. Most of the time security just toss them out and wouldn’t even give him a chance to settle down and walk out on his own. There is only one other that I know will do something similar, but in even less hands on approach,” she would say before pausing to take in the information about school. “Well you most certainly will find some characters here to keep you busy. Gonna have to work out how to compensate you for your work here,” she’d chuckle with a shake of her head quite amused at this turn of events. That aside…. “Though how long before school ends for you? Got anything lined up?” Might as well ask since they were on the subject.

Moving past that she would find herself chuckling at the next statement. “No they aren’t, but neither are many others around. I guess anything living has their dumb moments that make us all sit back and question the logic there.” Well if you sat back and observed like that of course. As for what followed, Merk would hardly pause in her cleaning as one ear tilted ever so slightly in the direction of the other.

“Haven’t you heard of good costuming or even advanced ones with machines in it to give things the illusion it is real?” She would ask as she got to her feet with the last of the larger piece of damaged materials in her hands. She would look up at the taller man her nose twitching slightly in a bunny like fashion, so subtle only a careful eye could catch it. “I think you don’t believe me,” she would finish with a smirk not seeming to be closed to the idea of the guy poking as she watched him curiously.

Last edited by Rika on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:10 pm

"I don't even really consider it thinking. It's as simple as knowing that every action has a consequence of some sort." In a way, he did think ahead, but most of the time it wasn't a conscious effort for him. He was far from a short-sighted person, albeit the opposite wasn't always the best either. It's easy to overdo and then get stuck due to all the potential bad outcomes that could happen. He would huff faintly. "I don't like to initiate violence unless it seems to be a must. I do prefer hands on mostly because it's better to be safe than sorry. If you restrain a person that acts unstable, it's less likely they'll break and damage more stuff by the time you manage to get them out. I'm a bit too blunt in speech to just talk people down at times, especially when they're drunk and not really listening to logic. Those who can manipulate with words even in such a predicament must be lucky." He wasn't bad at 'convincing' so to speak, but he really worked better with people who had a clearer mind. It was hard for him to tone down in the face of someone completely out of it, and even more so when they were a stranger to him...and he didn't particularly care for them. The more insight he had about a person, the better he generally did.

"We shall see if I decide to turn up." Honestly though, he didn't really need anything at the moment. "Doing last year. I'm mostly just working on getting that tedious thesis work done at this point. What happens after, who knows. Though technically, more school for me, just from the opposite end.", he'd snort a bit. Irony, but really, being a teacher meant your job was basically school again, simply from the other end of the perspective. "I think life would be creepy if everyone was super smart and no one made mistakes. That's akin to a world of robots." And while that could seem theoretically appealing, it was probably not a great idea.

Regardless....he would squint at her slightly. "Have they already developed invisible attachment methods too?", he'd shrug a bit. "It's rare to see someone shilling out so much money just for a more realistic monster get up. Besides, machines are still machines. That's still not exactly the same as the real thing." Nuances, but still, that was a thing. He'd hum. "Should I?" To be fair, a reaction from someone who had no idea that such could even be real to begin with...would be more akin to incredulousness, or ridicule of some sort. The 'did you hit your head to make you think that?' kinda reaction. She didn't seem fazed by the idea of it at all, despite the 'countering', which gave him enough of an answer by itself. "Let's say that I am wrong...in which case, there should be absolutely no problem with me pulling on those ears hard, right?", he'd ask, a somewhat amused expression alongside the suggestive tone.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:55 pm

“Hmm. You seem to keep your wit about you better than most do. It is rare I see people sit and consider what they are about to do. It’s more like they do it and worry about the aftermath later.” Some may even see the big picture, but still choose to do the stupid thing instead. It made her wonder what would the world be like if people actually listened to their logic and common sense at times. Would the world be better off that way? Maybe and maybe not. It was hard to say at times.

“I admit violence isn’t the way, but at the same time I don’t disagree with a firm hand or foot. I prefer blunt and direct than trying to baby people all the time, so me and you are in the same boat when it comes to where we would shine when dealing with a problem.” She didn’t man handle most because of her size, but she knew to be tough in other ways both to keep her customers and staff safe...or as safe as she could keep them that is. Some days she couldn’t guard all corners. “I would say it isn’t so much luck but a particular skill set that can make talk manipulation a success in those situations. I wasn’t born with that skill set. Though I know someone who was; however, said person isn’t easy to always have about. Folks have lives so I make due with what I have.” As she always had in life.

“Indeed we shall see,” she would say before shifting her weight to attend other things. Still as she worked, she would speak to the other. “Ah the last hill. I heard them thesis can be a pain in the ass, so I wish you well on it. As for your future, going to be a teacher eh? What grade?” she would ask her tone remaining casual and friendly all the way. She would remain quiet for a bit as she gave the guy room to answer, her lips not parting again until he made a comment about a world of robots. “I am not too sure how I’d react to that, but it most certainly would be a stark contrast to what we have now.” The entertainment value would go down and maybe she’d pass away from boredom. Even so for the moment it was an interesting concept for the mind to play around with for a bit.

That was until something way more amusing came up. Smirking all the while, Merk would answer the questions posed.

“Well who said I had to buy said parts already made? I can build stuff myself you know and I am quite the perfectionist. As for the money part, well that isn’t so bad even less so considering it has been a work in progress for years that has only gotten more and more realistic with time. It pays off to look as real and good as possible. Besides,” she would pause and look over at the other with a raised eyebrow. “What makes you the expert on what is real and not real when it comes to customizing?” Was she mad? Nope. She was actually fairly amused, but also curious considering this was the first time someone actually went beyond her standard answer to such questions. What did this kid know that made him push the matter like this?

In any case, she would shrug at the question posed. “That is entirely up to you to decide. I gave you my answer now it is up to you what is done with it.” Though at this stage was the question really valid? She most certainly wasn’t trying to cover up anything now. In fact her words were indeed play at this point even though it was very subtle. Still if it wasn’t play then why one earth would she grin at that last statement.

“You are welcome to tug if you want handsome, but don’t blame me for the consequences that may follow.” After all, everything had a price fake or not.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:48 pm

“It’s my specialty.”, he’d snort faintly. He was willing to do in the moment, but he hardly ever did it without also being aware of where it would most likely go. It was an automatic thought process for him, in most cases.

“I don’t have much patience for ignorance. I will offer my time to those who make the effort and listen, but if they don’t, then that’s that.”, he would state casually, with a wave of a hand. He wasn’t good at coddling people, and generally had no desire to in the first place. In case he cared about the person in question somehow, he would probably make more of an effort, but your unplanned acquaintance was unlikely to get a mellow treatment from him, were they acting in a way that grated on his nerves. There’s plenty of fish in the sea, and he was in no way obliged to be sweet and nice to every person he happened to face. “I’m honestly better at straight up destroying people rather than just manipulating them. Is this person you mention really good at it?” It probably didn’t matter to him, but since it was being specifically being brought up, he was mildly curious.

He’d shrug. “Currently high school, but I might aim for college just because teenagers are a pain in the ass of their own caliber.” He’d definitely have less stress as a college prof, if only because students there were a lot more agreeable and had more common sense. Outside of exceptions, of course. Sometimes you can’t win even with adults. “It’d be a bland existence.” A few robots are fine. Everyone being that way? A little too out of hand, honestly.

Regardless, he would raise an eyebrow at the lengthy explanation given, still being kinda casual about it. “I’m not expert. I’m just going off of common sense. Machines contain metals and the like, making them naturally hard and stiff. You can go to a certain length with them, but they will not give the exact same impression as muscles in the end. Besides, even if they can move, there’s a difference between a natural body language response, and one randomly generated by a machine. There’s something robotics cannot replicate, and that’s an authentic living form. Unless your appendages have AI, but that would also be kind of weird.” And he didn’t really want to spend time thinking about a pair of ears with artificial intelligence. For reasons. That said, he would blink at the following responses, sticking his hands into his pockets with a tilt of his head. “I suppose I can assume my own answer from this. Otherwise, don’t really care to take the invitation for real. I only have so much patience for dancing around a subject, really. Too much obtuse play is lost on me.” He might go with it for a bit, but he honestly just wanted to get his answer in the end. For how well versed he could be in sarcasm and jabs, it was not quite his priority to play the subtlety game for ages. If he couldn’t get the raise he wanted to achieve, he was apt to lose interest at some point. Prolonged word games tended to grate at him for some reason, mainly when there was something he wanted to actually gain from it rather than it being done simply for the joke value.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Hmph. She would smirk amused at the comment, but wouldn’t add anymore onto the subject.

“I have low tolerance for disrespect and acting like a two year old. You want to act like a kid, I’ll treat you like one and firmly plant my foot in your ass if need be. I don’t like to be that way, but I must agree, if they don’t listen oh well then.” She’d give a light shrug at that one. Honestly if there was a way to not have to fight at all she would take it, but the world was never that simple so one had to do what they had to do to keep the peace. “Well destroying them is one way though I prefer if they are still around to let the lesson sink in. As for your question, yes. The best in negotiating with the mad in my bar. My only specialist in that department to. Everyone else is in the boot them out department,” she’d chuckled as she reflected on how the way she ran things. It was either behave or get out. There was no other options even when her specialist was there.

“Whoo boy. They’ll drive you up the wall believe you me. I have teens of my own and I could strangle them sometimes.” Teens were a special group that required patience unlike any other, but then again. “On the other hand us older folk ain’t much better at times. So either way you have your work cut out for ya. Anyway, what made you want to teach?” Might as well poke a bit more since they were already on the topic. She’d let it stretch on for however long it would until it melted into the machine world subject which was becoming silent. She did acknowledge the response with a nod, but outside of that she didn’t elaborate much more on the topic as she moved to get the broom and dustpan to begin sweeping.  

As she worked she would find herself highly amused at the next subject. She would take in all his words and when the guy was done, she would be quiet for a moment as she paused in her sweeping to look over at him. “You are hard entertain if the game has bored you that much. So then let’s cut to the chase then,” she would shift to begin sweeping the small pile of trash into the dust pan. “First off I find it quite peculiar your observation. You say you know used common sense and knowledge of machines, but I don’t buy that so easily. There have been many robot specialist and scientist alike that have passed through here and not one of these professionals have ever questioned my reply for why I look the way I do. However, not only did you question things, but you seem to be pulling from other knowledge too. Tell me have you seen something similar to me?” Well at least she was not playing games anymore it seemed.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 pm

"You get the respect you deserve, and that's all it is. I wouldn't even care if the person in question is family or such. I don't go easy on people based on their status." He had no issues with being that way, and while he could stretch his tolerance in some cases, assuming there were deeper meanings for him to understand about the situation, he had pretty firm boundaries still. He'd half shrug. "Technically, verbally destroying a person leaves them intact and able to process what has happened. I'm simply known for having an acidic tongue. I don't go out of my way to kill." Not only was it messy...really, nobody wanted to go to jail, and that's exactly what you'd get for that in this part of the world. "That so? Though, it's probably not good to let a super drunk person to stay further even if you do pacify them." Maybe not boot harshly, but they would benefit from going home.

He'd roll his eyes slightly at the mention of teens and insanity. "I've got some experience already. That said, older people are still easier to reason with, unless we're talking already senile and unable to stay present enough." It was much easier to hash it out with an adult than a still hormonal teen. For a few reasons, at least. "I like knowledge. And as much as I value my alone time, I think it's not the best choice to avoid the social on all fronts. Being a prof makes for good balance. Plus I get to be in control for the most part, which I can appreciate." It could get aggravating at times, but really, which job was the miraculous one that never did?

Speaking of interesting and aggravating all in one....the next subject certainly got the pass. He'd jerk his head to the side slightly. "I prefer being direct. After all, what do I gain from playing hot potato endlessly?" It could lose its charm very quickly with some topics. He'd snort. "Easy. Even if they did have suspicions, they can't argue, for your average tech guy has no reason to even consider that it could be real. They won't analyze it to begin with, as not being fake is not even an option in their mind." When there's no reason to begin suspecting, you will likely not go looking for the discrepancies in the first place. It doesn't cross your mind to. "Either way....seeing is kind of the least of my problems.", he'd comment with a half-smile, raising one hand afterwards and snapping his fingers which would result in a light blue flame covering it. "I also like to play with fire.", he'd add.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:03 pm

"So you show everyone regardless of who they are the same treatment huh?" She supposed some just didn't discriminate. "In a way I do the same; however, I change my tactics depending on the person before me. For example," she would turn to face the other fully. "If I were to give you a thrashing, it would be a lot harsher than I would do to say my family. Not saying family is higher than all, it is just the approach needed is a bit different to get the issue resolved, if you follow me." It would be nice to have a one shoe fits all sort of deal, but life didn't work that way.

She'd chuckle at the next statement as she went back to cleaning. "An acidic tongue. That sounds a lot worse than dying." One could not run from a mental beat down. They either took, rebelled, or melted from it. There were very few that just let it bounce off and not care. "Yes it is. And well about time they are done with the target, they certainly don't stay about and if they do come back that usually go for a meal and regular drinks." It was pretty amazing really how quickly people changed their tuned once faced with the truth or something scarring related to what they were doing.  

"You may be experienced, but I wonder how you would do living with them," she would say with a smirk before shaking her head at the comment about adults. "Oh honey trust me. Adults can outshine the kids in the department of being unreasonable at times." Adults were a total different extreme and headache she did not want to think about right now considering a good example of this extreme just got kicked out. That aside though... "Well you certainly picked one of the best jobs for being the one in charged and ever learning. I take it you don't like it when you don't have control?" She kind of wonder what would happen if something did happen when he was not in control

Well maybe she would not get to see considering that the next topic would be one not allowed to go out of control. "Well that is nice and all, but play is sometimes entertaining and helps break the ice you know?" Did everything have to be serious and direct right away? Was play not allowed anymore? Though she wasn't too mad considering his answers became more and more interesting as time went on.

To his answer about engineers and what not not questioning her, she'd raise an eyebrow as an amused smirk crossed her lips. "My, my. I wonder do you have a logic answer for all things?" she would say poking at him a bit as she seemed more or less accepting of the answer; however to what followed next, her smile would fade a bit as she heard the snap and saw the blue flames. Watching them, her nose would twitch as his eyes narrowed a bit.

"Spirit Fire?" she would ask as she moved a bit closer eyeing it. Cautiously she'd reach out a hand to test its heat of the fire and to see if it was actually real or if it was hot or cold.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next