The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

The Rabbit Called Merk

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rabbit Called Merk

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm

He would remain silent and mostly stone faced during the ongoing conversation, not saying anything despite having half the mind to interrupt at some points. To be honest, as much as he had kind of been going with it, his mood was starting to drop more the longer this conversation thing lasted.

Once they were left in silence, he would frown at the woman. "Why don't you just leave him alone? Even I can tell he's clearly uncomfortable about it. I don't understand. Why act like it's just funny and pressure so much? If that was me, I'd want to punch a few of your teeth out for treating me with that attitude in that kind of a situation." This was honestly starting to get a little annoying even for him, and he wasn't the one having panic moments over it in the first place.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Merk would pocket her phone meeting the frown with an even gaze. "I don't back down first of all. Secondly this is how me and my family roll. He knows that well enough. To be frank, I pressure him hoping he would do exactly what you are doing now. Buck back, but he doesn't. He just runs away and folks in my family see him as weak or just someone to beat up on at times, so I can't leave it alone. I want him to be strong even if he is uncomfortable. If I leave him alone, he won't ever learn to just fight back." Was she wrong in what she did? Too much?
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 pm

That....he would sigh, shaking his head. "Not everyone learns the same way. You really think that if this is how he always reacts, he'll suddenly just turn around if you keep hacking at him repeatedly in the same manner?", he'd snort. "I'm not saying you should leave him alone entirely, but this to me feels almost humiliating. I'd think there are better ways to show someone how to be strong than basically mocking them and probabrly further making them feel like they're incompetent because they didn't raise up to the occasion in the moment. Someone with an already strong personality may fight back, but you don't build a tower by kicking at its bricks constantly, do you?", he'd tilt his head with a slightly narrowed gaze.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Merk would narrow her eyes at the other. "I figure if I keep poking he'll eventually get to a point where he will snap. I believe my son is a lot stronger than even he knows, but he just doesn't grasp the opportunity. As for mocking, I may pick, but how is that mocking if it is just the way I speak and I am not doing this to make him feel incompetent. I know he isn't and I don't treat him any differently than I would my own blood. You speak of kicking bricks, when I am not kicking anything. I am just being me." She would say with a huff before looking him up and down. "You have a better solution to the issue? 'cause I'd love to hear it if you do."
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:26 pm

He'd raise an eyebrow. "So you think making one snap teaches them how to be truly strong?" He wasn't sure he comprehended that. Yes, it would make them act in the moment, but what kind of lesson was that? Get pissy and violent as a response to potentially harmful things? That may at times work, but it's not a good driving force. "Perception my dear. You may not intend, but that does not mean everyone else sees it the same way. I've faced that wall many times myself. Many call me arrogant, blunt and even a jerk because of the way I tend to speak sometimes. Do I intend to look that way? Generally no, but plenty people will see it as that regardless. Do you know how it actually makes him feel? Based on the fact that he did not want to speak about things further with you listening, I'd guess his feelings about it all aren't too positive.", he'd huff. "Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because your image of yourself is a certain way, those around you are on the exact same wavelength about it. My way would be to show the person how to be strong gradually. Make them actually associate the act with something positive, so that they learn to not simply act on fear and panic, because that's what makes one inclined to want to run away as fast as possible. One does have to face their fears at some point, but if all their experiences of it happen with them feeling trapped by it, they'll hardly move much." He wasn't backing down that easily.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 pm

"Well if you can get to them snap once, then the likely hood of them reacting that way again when they reach a limit is more likely. The snap is like the warning to make people back off. I am not expecting him to be violent. Just you know tell us to shut up or something versus just calming up and running." She would say. "So yes if you can get them to fight back they become stronger for it." Apparently she wasn't budging from her stance on this matter seeing nothing wrong with as proven by her next statement.

"I have asked him dozen of times if what I do or the others bother him, but each time he says no, so why stop. As for him not feeling positive towards me, I would argue that he is just private and thus keeps some things to himself. He loves me and the family to death, so he can't have negative feelings about us even if he is skittish as all get out at times. He is my kid after all, so he should know already how this goes. He should be on the exact wave length after dealing with me for 13 years of his life." She would pause to purse her lips as she narrowed her eyes at the other.
"I think that would be a waste of time. If I haven't gotten him to bite or do anything this long I can't see how that method is going to work. In fact, I am pretty sure it won't. Whether you pin him in a corner or not, he isn't going to change unless he pushed to." Merk would say as she held her ground in this argument.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:58 pm

He would close his eyes with a sigh as he moved one arm to rub between the side of his neck and shoulder. He was going to get tension pains from this. He was willing to argue, but that didn't mean he took much pleasure in it when it got serious. "Love and any feelings of dislike are not mutually exclusive and never will be. You can easily feel a mix of both towards somebody, each for a different reason. Ever considered that he probably feels like he has to listen to you and be nice because you're his mother? Kids are automatically expected to respect and not go against their parents. Perhaps he in part holds back because of the nature of your relationship. How many have the guts to admit to disliking their own family?" It wasn't that easy, and most would frown at you for letting such slander come out of your mouth. Those people raised you, right? "Such great mother, talking like he can't have certain feelings and should think just how you believe is right. You know, I was treated similarly when I was young, and it destroyed years of my life. Just because someone's your kid, it does not mean you automatically know what's best for them just like that." Said kid is their own person too, and might have different needs, whatever the reason behind it is.

"You sound so sure of yourself, but isn't being stuck in one route a detrimental trait to have? Say what, since we already confirmed me and him are kind of going out...assuming he won't be too nervous to face me after this incident, we can see who's right. If we stay together for long enough and I get him to change, I win.", he'd offer her a faint smirk.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Merk would keep an even gaze on the other. “That is true. He could be holding back, but then again that is exactly why I do what I do. I want him not to hold back and trust me I’ve tried many things. This is the only methods where he stands for a bit before fleeing,” the rabbit would say with a huff as she folded her arms across her chest with a huff. “Have you not been listening to me? I am not saying any of that. I am saying I am doing what I do to get him to step up and fight back. How is that wrong? And well if it is destroying his life he should do something about it instead of backing down.” She would say with an agitated growl, but then softening a bit she would tilt her head at the other. “I am sorry happened to you, but I am not trying to be that parent that is saying my way is the only way, but it is the way I know is working to a degree if he holds his ground longer than he has with other ways.” It was getting results so why was he making a fuss about it? She just didn’t get it.

“I am not as shallow as you make me seem. I can be corrected, but to be frank I think the most effective way is to be straightforward and firm,” she would pause and to consider the last bit. “Alright then you are on, but I doubt being soft with him will work,” the rabbit would say with a shake of her head.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm

He would scratch the back of his head with a huff. "I'm listening alright. You seem to be basing your assumptions a lot on what you see though. I would think what matters more is not whether it seems to be working better, but why is he doing what he's doing. That might be your reason for being stuck. You look at the results, but not really at what's causing them to be what they are. Changing someone's behavior isn't about basically trying to force them to be who they are not." For all one knew, the guy might not even want to be a forceful person at all, regardless of his ability to maybe stand against it better. She wants him to be what she expects, but isn't it his choice as to how he wants to act? Or at the very least, during normal circumstances, where it isn't absolutely necessary to perform a certain way.

He would shake his head. "It's not about being soft, but about listening to more than just the apparent results." Of course, being completely whatever about it wouldn't solve anything. Sometimes you had to be a little firm to show what was at stake. It comes down to knowing where to draw the boundaries, based on what is happening. "Besides, if you really wanted to be straightforward, then why not just talk to him and tell him up front that you simply seek that he tries to be more bold? Instead of harassing him and expecting him to get what kind of response you want and why." To be truly direct would mean laying it out on the table just the way it is, not subtly trying to provoke the desired reaction. "Regardless, it's getting really late, so I should probably be on my way now. Perhaps we'll meet again later."
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Merk would let the other talk and finish before responding back with a hum of thought. "I've always result person that changes my methods on what works and doesn't work. Though, I give some thought as to what you said." Who knows maybe she was looking at it the wrong way. She couldn't really tell at the moment, but at least she had something to think about now. As for the rest of what was said. "Lay it out on the table. You think I haven't tried that already. He was like I'll try and then nothing changed." What was she to do if talking didn't work? Twiddle her thumbs and pray? Nope. She needed to take action, so here she was.

In the end though, she would nod as the other decided to take his leave. "Alright then. I hope to see around more, so I can get some updates on both results and how it goes. You treat my baby right you hear?" she would say as she walked the guy to the door and let him out for the night.

--Completed--
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4