» Desert Tunes
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm by Rika

» Data Dump for Calabus
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am by Rika

» Transformation
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: Ideas for Characters for NA
Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 pm by Rika

» Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)
Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm by Sharaku

» An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title
Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm by Rika

» The Rabbit Called Merk
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:51 pm by Rika

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
Sharaku

Rika

Dragons, Chimera, and Little People

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Dragons, Chimera, and Little People

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:31 am

"I'm just saying that a person isn't necessarily a friend after you've given them a gift. You can do that, but it kind of takes longer to actually be friends with someone." It's not forbidden to gift someone...although, he'd wager it was an odd practice to give free things to someone you barely know yet, as it could be seen in many ways. Nevertheless, he just wanted to point out that the gift was most likely not the groundbreaking thing when it came to making a friend.

That said, he would mumble something unintelligible to himself under his breath when the person decided to just keep the demands pouring in instead. "Isn't it impolite to run a guest around? Some hospitality would be appreciated.", he'd toss back with a huff. Nevertheless, he would still vault himself over some obstacles in the way, and proceed to walk outside. "Well, here I am! What will it be now?"
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm

The girl would contemplate what had been said trying to determine what her next question would be on this strange matter of gift or not gifts and friends; however, before she could formulate anything further Big Brother would make his presence known along with the rebellious nature of the tall man with her. Staying quiet, Calabus would watch as the man left the home and enter the streets pretty much yelling a challenge in his own way back at her brother. She couldn’t believe that someone she had just told about her brother would be so bold and yet this happened. It made her wonder just how it would play out. Too bad she had a baby wolf to look after. She wanted to see that show.

Meanwhile outside…

“What now? Now you get what you wanted,” the voice would say just as something from the roof dislodged itself and after sailing through the air, it would land quite quietly on the ground before raising up to its full height. What was it? A large tiger of white and black stripes with one golden eye and one blue eye. The tiger had wings and horns and was half the size of the man before it. Glaring at the other, the tiger would narrow its eyes at the man. “You would do well to listen to others. Keep your ass safe.”
Rika
Admin

View user profile http://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:38 pm

He'd raise both his eyebrows at the first response and show. "Such a blessing indeed.", he'd comment with mild sarcasm in his tone as he observed the feline that just landed in front of him. When the 'warning' came, he would shrug one shoulder nonchalantly as he stuck his hands into his pockets. He clearly didn't appear to be too bothered by all this threatening drivel. Being barked at didn't tend to impress him unless there was more than that to give him a reason to think it was justified. "I'm afraid I don't sit well with being ordered around by people just because. My field of fucks to give to that is kind of empty. It's not like I'm harming anyone here. If you tell me what to do just because you want to play king, I'll gladly kick your ass in return for the kindness.", he'd answer, offering the guy a faint smirk. Like hell would he let himself be messed with for no real reason.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm

The first comment would get an amused "hmph" from the tiger as he picked up on the sarcasm of the comment. This one had nerve, he'd give him that, but there was no way that this guy was going to get the best of him. In fact what came after only made the tiger laugh. It was a deep laugh that caused the tiger to growl as he bared his teeth as a way of smiling as he lowered himself a bit, his wings stretched out slightly as he flicked his tail in anticipation. "You certainly have a mouth on you, but can you really back up your words. Come hot stuff, let's see you put me in my place," he'd growl in a way that was intimidating to those in the area many fleeing and shutting doors and windows, but at the same time held a bit of amusement as he eyed the guy before him.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:38 pm

At first, he'd just tilt his head slightly, seemingly considering the words and taking his time a bit. To be entirely fair, as much as he found some steamy back and forth interesting, he really hadn't come here to instigate serious battles, and would rather not get himself involved in a bloody fight if he didn't actually have to. Well, not a big one at least. Legitimate fighting was exhausting after all. He'd shake his head slightly after a while though, taking one hand out of his pockets, making it light up with bright blue flames. "What, you want to burn in hell?", he'd question half-jokingly before taking on a somewhat more serious tone. "Seriously though, what's the deal? I didn't exactly come around with the purpose of picking fights."
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:52 pm

The anticipation flowed through him, but the tiger showed surprising restraint as he let the other take his time considering the matter...and when the other displayed power?

"Ha!" The sound came out more like a strange roar than a laugh as his tail flicked. "You speak as if I don't burn there now." Was the amused response from the tiger who showed no fear of the man before him. Though when posed the question, he would blink as some of his tension went away. "You said you could put me in my place. I don't take words like that lightly. That is what the deal is. I thought you seriously wanted to walk that plank. Hmph. All talk are ya?"  
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:07 pm

"If you were, I don't think you'd be here having a conversation with me.", he'd retort casually, not quite having anything else to say to that. Really, it was super easy to see the guy wasn't burning at the moment or anything, so there was honestly no argument to be had. You can't exactly claim to be 'doing' something when you obviously aren't. Or well, you can, but good luck having someone believe you or take you seriously enough.

That said, he would wave his burning hand. "I only said that I would kick one's ass under the circumstance that they were forcing me to do things for no reason. I don't quite intend to unless I must. Why should I want to fight you anyway? I have no need for it." It's not like he cared about having a position of power here or anything. He didn't even know this place.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:31 pm

"Hmph. What do you know of burning and hells?" the tiger would growl all mirth gone. It was true he wasn't literally on fire or burning, but even still that didn't mean he didn't know great suffering or even continued to suffer daily from things he would not dare speak of to anyone.

That aside, the tiger would find himself raising a paw to literally facepalm in a way as he heard what the guy said. "Seriously. You come out with all that in a place like this and expect no one to take it as a challenge. Then when they challenge you due to said words, you suddenly back off." He would shake his head. "You're logic is dizzying."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:43 pm

He would just raise an eyebrow there. "Easy, macho guy. I was speaking in literal terms there, considering my own mention of fire and burning was meant in physical terms. You're definitely not in hell, nor do I see any fire on you. If you want to discuss metaphors instead, might want to bring it up more clearly." He hadn't even been trying to make it about mental hell and whatnot. Like, at all. Was it wise to get one's panties in a twist over something that was never even really implied?

"Eh? Well excuse me. It's not like a mere mention of a potential fight is an immediate challenge to a duel. Maybe you're just being a hothead. Thought about that?", he would snort faintly, sticking his tongue out at the guy.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:01 pm

"Tch. Now you are being a logical smart ass about it." He would scoff, but there was no anger there, but more amusement and a bit of curiosity. He wasn't sure why, but...this guy. This guy standing up to him was like a breath of fresh air in comparison to the usual that he got. Though whether he liked this or not he did not know. He'd have to wait in see.

Speaking of seeing it seemed this one had quite the spirit and boldness, didn't he? "I know what I am, but I wonder if you consider how anything coming out of your mouth may sound to others, especially in a dog eat dog world like this one. For us a mention is a threat or challenge. Many would pounce on for it way faster than me. Besides, if I was hot-headed, I wouldn't be talking still now would I, Sharaku?" the last part came off in a growl something that seemed to just happen as long as he was in this form.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:08 pm

"Yes, it's something people tend to love about me.", he'd give the other a peace sign with a faint huff. Technically, he was just elaborating...and being realistic. It's better to explain yourself than to regret being mysterious...unless of course that's what you're actually after.

In any case, he would cough under his breath slightly, which would turn into a brief laugh, before he just shook his head. "Well, magnificent. I do know what I'm saying though. Nevertheless, I stand by my word. If someone decides they want to push on and attack me, I will defend myself. I'm not afraid, so while instigating duels is not my real intention, I won't run if someone decides that being violent is the most important thing to do." One way or another, he'd find a way to deal with it as it came.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:19 pm

"I can imagine how many hearts it has stolen." The tiger would actually give a smirk at that one as his tail flicked in interest. Well despite him not fighting he was at least entertaining, so that was a plus.

"Hmph. You say that, but I wonder how true it is," the tiger would begin before shaking his head a bit. As he did, his form would change shifting from tiger into a tall young man with horns, tiger like tail and cat like ears striped with black. Staying where he was he'd look the other up and down for a bit before hmphing a bit before sliding inside the house of chaos, seem like for the time being he wasn't going to do anything to harm the other. In fact, even if he didn't say it it seemed he didn't mind the other at all despite the way he spoke.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:01 pm

He'd roll his eyes slightly at that. "More like pissed off." To be honest, he had more issues with it than successes. He was aware of that much.

"You think I wouldn't fight?", he'd question, not quite sure what to make of that. He wouldn't do anything beyond that though, choosing to just stand where he was and watch. Even when the guy went inside, he wouldn't follow after for the moment.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:22 pm

"Oh come sweetheart, they just don't know how to handle you is all. Kind of reminds me of myself to be honest," he would say with a shrug. He was more aware how off putting this guy's way of talking could be. Even so the guy didn't seem bad, but maybe that was just him.

"I don't know what you might do unless you do it. I am not going to assume you're not going to fight just because of this incident," he would say settling close to the door for now to make speaking easier.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 pm

"Well, woe is me.", he'd click his tongue slightly, leaving it at that for the moment. "You did seem to question the validity of my statements though. That technically implies you might be doubting I meant what I said, does it not?", he'd question with a half shrug, a cloud of smoke coming out of his nose.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:32 pm

The tiger would smirk amused at that one, but didn't add onto it as he instead turned his attention to the other subject matter. "I am not doubting. I am completely neutral until something happens that proves you're a coward or a man of your word. I don't judge if I have nothing to judge by." That was a complete waste of time and energy to be frank. "Does my stance upset you?" he would ask taking note of the smoke coming out of the other's nose.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:49 am

He would make a somewhat unimpressed face at that claim. "Honest? I don't particularly believe when people claim they're oh so neutral about something. You can say that, but one way or another, you're probably more inclined to believe one or the other, based on what you think of what you've seen so far. People are easily biased." Acting like you didn't judge at all was usually just a diversion so you didn't have to upset someone, or make a choice too early and potentially regret opening your mouth later. People weren't machines. Even if you tried to be completely and utterly neutral, your own feelings or preferences about the subject would sway your thinking somehow. Whether you admitted it or not. He would wave a hand. "Not at all. Though, I would like to say that if it was true you didn't judge things prematurely, you wouldn't be getting bristled as easily as you have over my hell statement before.", he'd answer with an extra comment, before moving to try and duck past the other to get inside.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:05 am

"You can believe what you want. I am telling ya, I am not judging anything. I prefer to observe and see what I am dealing with to determine a call. You say that is not neutral, but in a way it is. Even feelings and what not shape the call in the end, it is still neutral until that point comes. Right now, there is nothing, so take that as you will." He'd say shrugging. He was a strange guy and couldn't be compared to the normal. He worked in a different way then that.

"Oh so just because I naturally bristle and tense over certain matters, I am suddenly judging?" That didn't make a lot of sense to him, regardless he wouldn't stop the other from coming in. His tail would pat the ground calmly as he continued to sit and listen.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:51 am

He'd be silent at first, but then end up pausing mid-walk in the doorway, fixing the collar of his shirt absentmindedly as he spoke. "I think...you might misunderstand what I mean by judging here. I'm not necessarily pointing towards a hardcore, near condemn-esque decision. Just having an opinion that leans a certain way. You certainly seemed to assume something that wasn't quite true when you got defensive there for a moment, which kind of falls under having chosen a side in a sense. Besides, if you're so insistent on being neutral, does it mean that were you asked to make a decision on what to support right here and now, you'd be unable to do so?"
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:19 pm

He would look up at the other as he paused mid-way through the door., a smirking crossing his lips. "You just don't give up the fight do ya?" Shaking his head, he'd give a response back. "So I've chosen a side just because I react to something that has nothing to do with a side at all?" He would raise his eyebrow at that one. "As for your question, it would depend on what you are asking me to take a side on."
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 pm

"Since when is this a fight?" Couldn't have a discussion or what? It didn't have to be an actual fight, did it? He'd roll his eyes though. "Are you really going to focus on a tiny part of what I said? All I'm getting at is that you certainly reacted like you immediately knew what I meant by my words, and assuming what someone is saying is a form of judging as far as I'm aware. Nothing more, nothing less." The comment about sides was there just to illustrate the point more or less. He was simply pointing at the fact that saying you don't judge doesn't add up exactly when one has to explain a simple question of theirs just so you don't think it's meant a certain way by default. And then...he'd just sigh. "....just forget it." He wasn't going to explain himself over and over, for doing so was already making his annoyance levels spike up. The whole time they were talking about judging someone, and the thing about whether the guy thought he'd go for the fight or not...and then he has to ask what he wanted an answer on? Surely he was asking about whether shoes looked better in blue or red, riiiiight? Like come on, it's not like they weren't circling around one point the whole time.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 pm

"Isn't simple chat always a fight in some fashion, especially when not fully agreed on something?" he would ask watching the other who seemed to be getting riled up. "Well, I don't consider that judgement. Assuming is just a normal reaction. Not necessary judging and besides, I am naturally going to translate things according to what I already know. Everyone does that, no?" Was he wrong at what he was saying?

He had to wonder as the other sighed and told him to forget about it. "As you wish," he'd say stretching out as he leaned against the wall.
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:54 pm

"So you're saying people are pretty much always fighting if they speak to each other?" Not to say that it couldn't happen, but he would think there was a difference between actual fighting and a civil conversation. They weren't supposed to be one and the same. It came down to the intent behind a talk after all. "I never said people don't. Still, considering that most people's opinions are skewered by what they themselves think they know, I would say that true neutrality in itself is kind of bogus." You can't be truly neutral unless you have absolutely no opinion to begin with. You can try to hold off and revise an opinion sure, but is that the same as being neutral to begin with?

"..."

He would stay silent after that, though there was certainly a level of intensity about him as he crossed his arms over his chest.
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 pm

"When in disagreement, yes. Outside of that it depends on the type of person you are. For me, it always seems to end in a fight or agitation." When all you knew was fighting and struggle regardless of what you did, how could you consider anything not a fight, even less so when you didn't really know what a non-struggle looked like. Though he did understand that some things were less high strung than others, but the only time he experienced that was with Calabus. Other people? It never went so smooth.

"Fair point. Though I never said I was true neutral. Just neutral on what to think of this situation." Yes. He had an opinion, but to him that was not a judgement. It was just that. What he thought. He never said he truly neutral. He just was trying to get across he wasn't about to judge this situation off the bat and yet some how they both had difference of opinion on what judgement was and so the conversation came to this....and unsurprisingly silence.

As for that intensity, he wouldn't shrink away from it or try to apologize for what he said. Instead, he watch the other with a steady gaze as he tilted his head at him. "What?"
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:17 pm

There was a twitch at the corner of his lips. "I draw a line. Just because something may feel like a fight, it doesn't mean it truly is. I'm aware of the fact that I have a volatile temper, but that doesn't mean I actually wish all interaction to end in a battle. And I won't let it." It'd be really easy to just take the first impression, and roll with it becoming a fight. Yet, as much as he found a nice clash entertaining at times, constant vigilance was not really satisfying. Sometimes it was better to step back and not let it take over. Even though it could be hard.

He'd half shrug. "But you still think something, unless you're somehow able to be completely blank. The fact that you opt to not tell me and put it on the table as neutral for the time being doesn't change that." He wouldn't necessarily call it hard judgment, no, but he'd say even one's own thoughts on the matter held weight. Not saying it out loud didn't suddenly make your opinion null. It just meant you were choosing to take a more peaceful road and giving yourself time to potentially change your mind.

"...."

He would close his eyes briefly, letting out a breath. "Trying to be calm."
Sharaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next