The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
What to do? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

What to do?

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What to do? - Page 2 Empty Re: What to do?

Post by Sharaku Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 am

Most of the conversation seemed to be dying, and he wouldn't make too much of an effort to revive them at the moment, though he would raise an eyebrow when the other started imitating a rainbow. "Honest?", he would snort. "I think you're forgetting that you're living among humans. Unnatural hair color alone can make people think of you in certain ways, and if you grew a beard like that? I'd say you would look like a hippie clown or something, no offense. Does it work? I mean, if you want that kind of attention from people, I guess it could. Otherwise, you might want to stick to normal looking stuff." Even he would probably internally question what the fuck was the person thinking if he randomly passed by someone with light blue hair and beard or such. There's applying a bit of personal expression, and then there's overshooting it completely. And even then, a lot of colorfulness is typically associated with experimenting teens and young adults more than anything else. Wanting to look cool and different, you know. Seeing as normal people cannot naturally have green hair or any crazy colors like that.

"It alters perception. And aren't you technically an old man as is?" Well, in terms of typical human age, that is, rather than the looks.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 pm

The demon would chuckle at the feedback he got from his display. "I suppose I do forget since you don't seem to flip out too much about what I do. Even so I appreciate the feed back and to be frank, I don't think I would go out sporting something that outlandish unless I was on something or too drunk too care. I think I like only you scrutinizing me. Not the whole world." He had enough issues to contend with. He did not need paranoia from judgement on top of that.  

"I suppose it does and hey!"
the demon would move to lightly punch the guy in the arm. "I am not an old man," he would chuckle before becoming a bit more serious. "Though I suppose by human standards I am either an old man or just plain ancient. Does that bother ya? Having a relationship with an ancient guy such as me?" he would look over at the other with a faint smirk on his face half joking and half serious about the matter. He really was curious on the matter now that it was brought up. He knew that sometimes age could play a big role and have other's raising eyebrows when the gap was huge. Though did it apply here? Did age really matter in the end when you genuinely loved someone?
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 am

He would shrug slightly. "Well, I'm not the most normal person myself. I have no reason to flip unless you do something beyond stupid." Despite the fact that he didn't react so much to the odder stuff when he knew it was something to expect, he did have at least some limits on what was acceptable and what wasn't. There are just some things that are better not done.

When the other punched him, he would blink as he rubbed the spot absentmindedly. "...okay?" That kind of caught him off guard so he didn't really have a smart response right away. "I mean...I don't know? Technically not I guess. You don't look your age, and I can't really say you act as if you were super old. If someone saw us together, it's not like they would be able to easily tell which one of us is the older person. For all I know, maybe they'd even guess me, since you tend to sport a more youngster look when you go with pink hair and stuff like that." It was a bit of a tricky thing. Age did matter in its own way. Different generations were typically on different wavelengths. Plus it looked super awkward. In this case though, the demon didn't really go out of the line much? It was almost impossible to tell his age, so it was kind of just there.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 am

"That is good. Considering it would make the situation quiet awkward if you panicked over everything I did," he would say and then pausing he would blink at the ceiling before chuckling. "Ironically that is kind of what I've been doing since we met. Panicking over everything and nothing. Maybe I should reflect and take my own advise." While he knew they each had their own issues, he was pretty sure his behavior helped none. Probably made it more stressful now that he thought of it. Well what was done was done. He couldn't change that, but he could try to do better on the path ahead.

In any case the demon would smirk as he caught the other off guard with his action. It was rare that happened and as long as the other wasn't reacting negatively to it, he suppose this was okay. As for the response back, the demon would hum a bit. "Well I suppose that is true in a way. Hell, due to personality alone I'd peg you older than me. You fit the bill a bit better than I as far as how a older person should at. Still....I don't mind that at all. I kind of like it." Age was indeed a strange thing and perhaps on certain levels there were boundaries, but in their case, he didn't think it mattered much since he did typically keep his looks more less in line with what his human age would be, so lucky them?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am

He would snort. "Good idea. You can start practicing it now." Well, he had no reason to be against that. The other being less reactive towards things would probably indeed be helpful in many cases. Calmly handling matters was always better after all.

At any rate, he would hum faintly at the following conversation. "I haven't acted much like a kid even when I was one. I guess that's just how things are. People always tend to think I'm more mature for my age than most. Is it a good thing? Who knows.", he would shrug a bit. There wasn't a lot he could do about it either way. He couldn't see himself being a silly 20 year old like a good bunch of those around his age were. It just wasn't like him. He had different problems to deal with instead of wondering about when the next party was or such. "Anyway." He would proceed to push himself up and off of the bed. "Time to stop lazying about. Be back in a bit. I need to go scavenge my clothes." They left them in the bathroom yesterday, yes...?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:05 pm

"I can give it a whirl and see where it goes," the demon would say with a light hum, not sure how well he would do at this whole being calm business...but then again. He would never know until he tried right? So might as well start here.

In any case, the demon would smirk faintly at the next comment. "I don't think it is a bad or good thing. On one it hand has some benifits like respect from your elders, but on the other it has the down sides to like holding you more responsible for things because they see you as the oldest." It was a tricky matter really and all came down to who was looking at it for the outcome to be bad or good. Anyway... "So being serious has been your thing since you were little or did you just do things a typical kid your age wouldn't?" He was a bit curious of the matter, but it wasn't like he was asking in a way that he was demanding an answer. He just left the question there to let whatever happened happen. As for the last comment..."Ah yes. I had forgotten about clothes for a minute there. Well, why you do that I suppose I can slip on some pants and do something useful. You hungry?" the demon would ask as he watched the other for a bit before blinking and rolling over so he could get out of bed himself.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:49 pm

"I prefer being in control anyway, so I don't really see responsibility as a bad thing. As long as it isn't being used to blame me for things other people did around me." Kind of like when an older sibling gets blamed because they 'should' have stopped the younger one from doing the wrong thing, you know? Can't always be responsible for others on top of yourself, unless it is part of your job for some reason. Even then, what do you do when some people just refuse to act in line? At the question, he wold frown slightly before shrugging a bit. "The former I suppose. I can't say I've been much of a cheerful and silly kid." Though to be fair, his younger years have been kind of meh anyway.

In any case, time to go get straightened up a bit. "Not really...but I should probably eat something I guess. You have milk and cereal?" Perhaps he could swallow something simple at least. Breakfast was supposed to be kinda important after all.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 pm

"Ah I see. I don't mind the control, but I don't mind not having it either. Provided the one in control isn't abusing their power that is." He was pretty flexible in that area able to switch between hats, but hated it when he punished for what someone else did...or the one in control was a bully. Neither situation ever ended well for him in the past. That aside though, the demon would catch the frown from the other, but instead of flipping out. He would simply nod and casually back off from the topic. "Hmm. I guess everyone is different when they are young. i think I could've been goofy and what not, but was conditioned not to be." The past was meh indeed. At least he was bringing his own up because it was relevant for what he said and not to push the matter into further discussion. He'd let that stuff come when it would and it would be nice to have a peaceful morning for once. As for that question, the demon would drift to the chest of drawers to grab a pair of loose fitting pants from a draw.

"Yeah, I have some cereal and milk.What do you prefer: Raisin Bran or Golden Grahams." He would slip on the pants while he waited for the answer.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 am

"Well, the easiest way to avoid abusers is to be high in rank yourself after all." If you find yourself under one, you're guaranteed a tough fight one way or another. A lot of people these days misuse their power, whether on purpose or accidentally. It's honestly better to be in a position where you can act somehow than to be stuck enduring it. He would huff a bit. "Well, conditions could have certainly been a lot better, though I think personally I wouldn't have been much different anyway." He used to be more of a loner and a solitary kid, and not all of it had to do with the way he was raised. He has just always been that kind of person in some way.

In any case, he would proceed to make his way towards the bathroom, looking over his shoulder briefly to answer the question. "I guess the latter sounds better." He wasn't that familiar with cereal brands, honestly.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 pm

[i]If you're in a position to to do that that is,[/i t]he demon almost wanted to say, but thankfully did not as he decided not to bring down the mood or cause unnecessary stress. "Perhaps that is true." Was the response instead as he contemplated the matter quietly for a second or two. After that second or two passed, he would put the matter on a shelf and let it go. There was no need to linger on that or if his decision was wrong or not. It was what it was. The process was brief the demon hardly missing a beat as he heard the next comment. "Always the loner huh?" he would say with a faint smile. "I think I always craved being with someone, but over time found it was okay to be alone and sometimes alone was a good thing. Though I think I tolerate people well despite what happened. I think that part might've always been there and perhaps the being alone side too. I just had to relearn the former." He didn't get to have a normal child hood after all, so it was often times hard to tell what was natural and what was conditioned when it came to what he did. Either way, this was him now, so he dealt with that the best way he could.

In any case, the demon would get the pants on and follow the other out, but instead of going towards the bathroom, he would go towards the kitchen. "Alright. I'll have it ready for ya you about time you get out of the bathroom then." It was cereal after all, so it shouldn't be that hard and he wasn't planning to eat anything fancy either so simple breakfast it was.

After this unless the other did something to stop him. The demon would head into the kitchen to get the thing needed for the cereal ready and once the other had return, the demon would sit with the guy choosing a yogurt and fruit for himself. He would talk and hang out with the guy until he decided to leave the house.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum