The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

As Bright As The Snow

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

As Bright As The Snow - Page 4 Empty Re: As Bright As The Snow

Post by Rika Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Rika would look off to the side at that one. "Maybe, but then again maybe not. I don't think that it is just infatuation all the time. I think some just know they are meant for each other right off the bat and in turn truly love each other right then and there. It is rare, but not impossible." While someone would say it was fairy tale there were many impossible things in this world that became possible, so why not love at first sight too? That thought aside, he wouldn't make a big fuss about it as instead the topic shifted a little. "I can stay in the moment, but I have the tendency to think a lot especially if it comes to something serious like a relationship or something big in my life. So my mind wanders and shifts through many things. For me it may give me an idea of what I want, but I am no fool. I know life doesn't work that way and my ideas are just that. I adapt to what is front of me and keep my expectation more or less reasonable and real." If anything his thinking could make him anxious and hesitant versus give him false of idea of happily ever after. He already had that bubble shattered long ago. No need to repeat that shit again or get sucked into the past either. Not when sort of topics that were currently on the table were alive well.

"I understand where you are coming from even if my perception of the matter is a bit different. I understand what you mean and well if we make this a thing then I am just gonna have to learn to step back and see it for what is versus letting the emotions get in the way and blind me." There was ways to make it work after all. Speaking of making it work....Rika would become quiet when he was asked the question.

He would take a breathe and let it out before actually speaking. "You don't assume things. That is good. Very good," Rika would say softly before nodding a bit. "Yes...in this case, I would actually want to if the situation presented itself." Strange. This wasn't like him at all and yet he was lying. Some part of him desired this sort of thing. Though why he could not figure out for the moment.
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:28 pm

He would raise an eyebrow. “I don’t believe in that. True love is in major part a choice to accept a person for everything they are. You don’t know shit about a person when you’ve just met them. You can have strong attraction on sight, and it can happen to work out into a life-long relationship if you’re lucky, but that does not mean you loved them the moment you two met the first time. I call bullshit on someone who claims that just based on some tingle feeling they happened to get on first meeting. It can be an indicator, yes, but that in my opinion is not true love right there and then. In fact, I’d say that the widespread idea of calling dibs on it so easily only helps devalue what real love actually is, as it makes people assume they’ve met the love of their life just because they happened to really like someone they’ve recently met. Chances are you’ll find out you in fact didn’t, once you give it some more time to settle in.” It just didn’t add up at all. You knew nothing of a person on first meeting. None of all that in-depth stuff you would be dealing with in a longer committed relationship. How can you ‘love’ somebody so much based on some quick perception of yours? You don’t. You’re just thinking you do due to the surge of feelings that can happen.

In any case, he would frown a little. “I think, and I also don’t. If I did listen to what my mind suggests to me, I’d never date anybody, probably. The ways it can all go wrong are infinite, and thinking about them solves nothing anyway. I’ve given up on trying to rely on my mind when it comes to certain matters.” It could be helpful to think ahead in many cases, but it could also be very detrimental in ones such as relationships. Especially when it was so easy to come up with scenarios that…well, weren’t very favorable looking. Which could make you stuck either believing it wasn’t going to work, or obsessively trying to solve issues that didn’t even come up, and maybe never would. Not fun. “Well, there is the saying ‘measure twice, cut once’. I think it can apply to relations well too. I simply think getting ahead of yourself and jumping the gun can come around to bite you in the ass.” He did acknowledge emotions if they happened, but unless something made him snap, he preferred to not let them control his actions in the moment. Some of the worst decisions are made while one is being emotional and ignoring the logic of a situation.

He would snort. “I’m enough of an ass without doing that too.” Although, assuming was pretty easy, and it was nearly impossible to avoid doing it entirely. “Regardless, that’s good to know.”, he’d add casually before glancing at the plate of food. “Think we’re finishing that tonight, or should we do something else about it?”
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Rika would hear what the other said, his behavior quiet as he watch the other with slightly narrowed eyes considering what he had said. On one hand, he wanted to argue against it on the premises that not everything could be explained and sometimes true love was right off the bat. On the other, he didn't think this was a good idea more so because what he spoke of was based on belief....and something told him that he wouldn't be able to fight that end without solid proof for this one. No...this sort of battle could not be won, so he wouldn't stat it as he blinked and hummed a bit at the other.

"Your opinion is solid enough though I do not agree with it fully. Even so I suppose each has their ways of viewing true love and what it actually means to them." He would opt for the calmer ground acknowledging the other's view, but doing nothing to set himself up for war...or at least he prayed it wouldn't turn to war.

Well wherever that went, things would shift to other matters instead.

“It is hard for me not too think. I just pick at matters and drive myself crazy. I am aware it is no good, but I can be a bit slower on the logic side when like that. I suppose it is like a vicious cycle. I seemed to have to do this and this before getting to the spot I need to be in to reason.” It was all sorts of weird and broken when he thought about it, but somehow he survived and made decision despite it all. “Mmm. Yes. Being rash or hasty can cause problematic planning and much regret for later.” Even more so when those decisions were made at a time when the mind was clogged with emotion. Things could end all sorts of wrong in those cases. As for the next part.

Rika would find himself smiling a bit as the other called himself an ass. “You don’t seem like an ass. You’re pretty considerate and seem to be kind despite your seriousness and deep thinking. At least that is what I am picking up from all this,” he would say before becoming quiet as he wondered just what sort of person he was dealing with….even more so with that response to the kissing matter. Did he want to kiss him? He wanted to ask, but the guy had interesting timing and brought up the food situation.

Blinking Rika would look back at the food chuckling a bit.

“Well we can finish if you have time to do so,” he would say as he gently slid his hand off of the others.

Whatever they chose to do. The pair would continue to chat until finally they were getting up and parting ways. Before they got too far apart, the pair did exchange contact information so perhaps the next meeting wouldn't be as random as this one.

End
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: