The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)

2 posters

Go down

Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) Empty Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)

Post by Rika Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 pm

The sky was blue and the sun high. A warm breeze would blow across a vast plain of deep green grasses and multicolored flowers. Birds fluttered and tweeted about while butterflies twirled and waltzed through the air. The hum of insects would mingle with the sounds of birds and the whispering of plants to create a peaceful lull in the area. The field would stretch on for miles until it met a forest that cast the world into deep shadows and spears of light under its thick canopy.

It was within this deep forest that a strange temple rested. It was made of metal, was a bit lopsided, and had the color of rust and overgrown plants upon it. No one had probably been to the place in years leaving nature to try to reclaim the ancient structure. Even so this did not seem to stop the stranger in a ragged cap and strange covered hat from resting there. Sitting on the dusty floors boards of the porch the strange being would rest against the aging wooden pillar with its head lowered and its strange sword balanced against it. From the movements of its body the creature could be sleeping, but it was hard to say considering that oversized hat hid its eyes and a good portion of its face well.

Last edited by Rika on Sat May 19, 2018 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) Empty Re: Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)

Post by Sharaku Tue May 15, 2018 5:33 am

Temples? Not really much of this one's concern. He wasn't passing by this area to go sightseeing and admiring old buildings. Of course, that's not to say he wouldn't scour the place just in case, were he to come across it, but frankly, it wasn't as if he even knew it existed in the first place. Would be great to have a map of these places, wouldn't it?

Regardless, the forest would carry mainly silence for a while...until all of a sudden, there would be panicked pig-like squeaking coming out of an area near the temple, soon followed by a quite large brown boar skidding out of the trees, before stumbling and falling over in front of the temple. It would twitch a few times, but after that it was clear the animal was dead. If one were to take a good look, it'd be noticeable the boar had a mid-sized dagger sticking out of its throat, and had been bleeding a trail of blood from where it came....what was going on here?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) Empty Re: Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters)

Post by Rika Wed May 16, 2018 11:01 pm

The figure would continue to rest quietly during those moments of peace, but when that pig-like squeaking broke the silence things would change. While the figure did not move, the ears did twitch taking in the sounds and when said sounds got louder and ended with a thud before the temple? The figure wouldn't even flinch as the hidden face turned slightly to look over at the dead creature.

A dead boar, huh? The figure would shift and get to its feet approaching the dead creature. The glint of metal would catch the figure's eyes. Ah so that is what killed it. Interesting.

Making sure to put itself in a position where it would not be harmed by the death twitches, the figure shift the sword in its arms placing the strange blade in the sheath across its back. With that done, the figure would lean over and grasp the dagger in a firm grip. With a nice tug, the blade would come out in small spray of blood and flesh, the sound sickening to those that were not used to it, but for this creature? Not so much. It was just a sound for it.

In any case, the creature would examine the blade to take in details or any hints of what it had come from; however, midway through that a voice interrupted.

"Master, there is someone here," the soft female voice of the sword would say in his mind. In response, the creature would simply hum as it continued to observe the dagger not seeming to care about the warning for the time being.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Upon inspection, it would be easy to note that the dagger in question was no ordinary piece of junk. While an untrained eye would not be able to tell any details, the weapon was clearly a well-made one, possibly even a special handcraft. There even appeared to be an emblem etched on the upper part of the blade, its looks kind of resembling the shape of a horn.

Regardless, there indeed was someone around, and the curious person would soon hear rustling of tree leaves nearby. If they were to turn and look up, they'd catch sight of a man dressed in a dark brown jacket on one of the branches, sitting on it with one leg bent and the other hanging down. One hand rested on the tree bark as a green eye narrowed on the scene. "Once you're done admiring it, I'd like my weapon back.", he'd state calmly, in a fairly deep and somewhat detached sounding voice.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri May 18, 2018 9:40 pm

The sword became quiet in the creature's mind as strange eyes observed the blade in it had. It would take in the weight, the craftsmanship, and the engraving. The blade looked like a expensive piece and from the way it buried itself in the boar it was safe to assume it was extremely sharp.

Yes, a good blade indeed. So good in fact its owner came to retrieve it announcing himself with a command versus an introduction. Shifting a bit to look up at the trees, the tattered cloth of the hat would fall across the creaure's eyes keeping them covered as a white muzzle lifted slightly in the direction of the other.

There was silence for a moment before the creature flicked its tail and turned away from the other, drifting off towards the grass with the knife. Kneeling down it would pick up a particular leaf and using it like a cloth it would clean the blood off the blade.

Making sure all blood was gone, the figure would toss the blade in the air and catch it by the blade carefully before looking back at the tree man.

"You want it? Then come down and get it." Was the calm, soft, yet clearly audible response back.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat May 19, 2018 8:58 am

To be fair, was saying hi the first thing you do when you see a stranger grabbing at your possessions? Not the most ideal situation for making casual introductions and small talk. He just wanted to be sure his point got across early on, rather than needing to awkwardly go 'oh by the way? That weapon you're playing with is actually mine. You know...just saying?' after some random chit chat. Right, like that would be a smooth interjection.

Nevertheless, the man would watch from his 'perch', staying completely still as his one eye observed the actions happening underneath. Yes, he could have always taken the initial no response and turn around as an invitation to take further action, however he was not quite planning to get into huge fights today, if he could help it. If the person ran, then he'd do something. Which luckily, it would appear he wouldn't have to do.

When the other spoke, he would remain silent for a while, dropping down from the branch wordlessly, taking a few steps towards the person.

Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) Tumblr_lyhk5c2Xzr1rnr6euo1_500

"Are you trying to call for trouble, or does that only sound like an invitation for a fight?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 am

The figure would stay where he was for the time being not bothered by the silence from the one that watched above. Was he aware that this one could've easily attacked him for his earlier actions and even now? Yes, he was very aware of the situation. but even so this did not cause him to pretend to be something he was not. As long as the other didn't act out, the creature did not have a reason to attack him.

Regardless of this, the creature would take notice of how the other chose to be wise and instead of attacking simply come down and take a few steps towards him. Staying still for a moment, the creature would hear the question posed and surprisingly give the other a small smirk.

Lazarus and Wyatt (Testing Characters) PpWRDRH

"It can be taken as an invitation to fight depending on the one the one hearing it. Though my intention here is not to fight, but simply return that which you request back." He would respond back in that same calm way, his steps carrying him slightly closer to the other as he spoke. Pausing a safe distance away, he'd take a moment to look the other up and down before holding out the blade handle first to the other.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 am

"If so, why do you intentionally pose it that way?" Being unaware of how your statement comes across is one thing, but knowing what it could lead to and still doing it despite not wanting a fight to happen? Why? Normally, it'd be the best bet to avoid anything that might triggers what you do not want to be doing, or at the very least do not intend to do. Regardless, he would grasp at the offered handle, nodding his head at the other slightly. "Appreciated." For the most part. He could live without the weapon, but it was always easier to not have to get replacements on short notice. It took a chunk of effort and work after all.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat May 19, 2018 10:26 am

"I do not find the need to change my tone or way of speaking to sweetness just to please the world. It is not who I am. Plain and simple." He'd let his hand drop as the dagger was taken by the other, his eyes moving over to the boar as he shifted his weight and went over to it, examining wound.

"Who are you?"
he would ask as he continued his examination of the animal.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am

Taking the weapon, he would stick it into the sheath attached to his right leg as he gave the other a thin smile. "Noted. That does not answer my question however. I wasn't asking you to please the world. You are the one who claimed to not intend to fight. Yet, you were aware that your words could have invited one. Your own choice went against what you said." To be honest, he did not care how the person spoke in general. He only sought to understand the contradiction, assuming there was any reason behind it. It was always a good thing to know as much as possible.

"My name is Wyatt Sorrel. Remember it if you will."
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 pm

He would watch the other quietly before tilting his head at the other. "I am aware how a tone such as mine can be translated, but even so I do not see how it is contradictory to what I said nor do I see how my answer was unfit for the question posed. Perhaps I am missing something or we are two different pages."

To him there was no contradiction to be had. He simply had a rough way of speaking and when questioned confirmed that it was not his intent to fight. He did not quite get what the other was getting at, but maybe he'd elaborate to make things clearer.

Well whatever happened there would happen. At least the next part was simple enough to swallow.

"Mmm. I'll see how long memory serves me well then," he would begin with a small smirk and then becoming serious again, continued. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Sorrel. I am Lazarus Sky. And this is my companion Eva." He would tilt his head back towards the sword at that last comment though for now it was a quiet blade.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm

He would have thought his wording was pretty simple there, but it would appear he needed to be more elaborate to get his point across. "It's simple. You were aware of what your words meant, but make no effort to do anything about it. That gives the impression you don't care about the fact that someone might have straight up attacked you after hearing that. Still, you also claim you did not want to fight. Which contradicts you willingly saying words that could end with exactly a fight. I ask because this isn't about you pleasing others, but about your own gain in the end. Do you care if you end up in a fight or not? For your stance is not making that clear at all." Normally, a person who does not intend to fight, would want to bother trying to not provoke one. Otherwise, it doesn't sound a whole lot like you really wanted to avoid it.

"As long as you care to, I'd assume." Unless one had memory problems of some sort, it came down to how much they wanted to remember something. Even then, one could always write a thing down, were they to deem it important enough. "A blade?", he'd question, crossing his arms over his chest.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down