The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)

Go down

Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking) Empty Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)

Post by Rika Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------Following over from Home--------
🌸Rika🌸06/02/2020
So pretty Rika would respond to the magic vs psychic bit with just how it is easier for him to do the mental stuff because it has less pieces than magic does (language, written, oral, hand signs, etc) to mess up. Yes it can back fire and fuck you up, but not in the same way as magic. When it comes to elements he does find what Sharaku choose to become good in interesting though for himself he doesn’t know if he has an element or not because he isn’t a fighter and focus mainly on nature, the mind, and spirits. He can form fire and ice, but they are nothing like a magical spell or an element someone easily has access to due to nature.

He is curious about why he would study the language though and learn to create spells from scratch. Like is that something he decided to do on his own or what? This is also making him wonder if they have that in common – studying or gathering research for the fun of it or just to have for later use or something like that.

He is amused by the swat, isn’t looking to do much there. He only made a comment about pretty much reflecting on mage’s abilities in comparison to a dabblers and he finds it interesting that you managed to use even what is forced upon you to your advantage.

He is considering the tattoo as a form of art and sees the side as not too bad considering he can cover that up way easier than legs or arms depending on what is worn, but due to that spot being a reminder for him, he rather get something meaningful there than some random tattoo. Same would apply to any tattoo he decided to get on his body. Pictures hold a thousand words, you know?

For the question at the bottom, he is just amused by it and pretty much saying he just finds it sweet when you obey or bow to his wishes a bit is all.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
So it is, though he'd find it amusing that you're backing out because of it having more components, when a lot of things one wants to learn require several steps. He also thinks that some balance is a better idea in general, and it's probably not a good thing for someone to turn away from anything more offensive just because they don't consider themselves a fighter, and same would go for a fighter who thinks anything that isn't a big explosive technique is out of question for them.

When it comes to the language...he's honestly kind of ambivalent about it. He chose the smart route. They already made him do magic, so might as well be strategic about it and make it easier on himself. He didn't have to learn the language like that, but then he would keep getting caught off guard when asked to do things he hadn't before. Besides, it was somewhat interesting. He does like to study things at times, but he cares more about the 'later use' part than purely fun. Useless studying/research that he could never benefit from isn't really much fun in his mind...

Also, of course he'd use things to his advantage. That's just how he works. Hmph.

The tattoo would be another amusing moment, about how your first concern is being able to cover it up, and he wonders why wouldn't you want to show it off. Other than that....well, tattoos can technically be removed if really need be, right? Not that he was claiming you should get something random and dumb anyway.

"I'm not obeying you, I just didn't see anything wrong with it." - he's just being pouty about that.
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
He isn't backing out of it because of the steps, he just isn't going to try and approach that without a good guide through it all. He rather not have magic back fire on him again and potentially not make it this round. He isn't running away from offensive things, he is just unsure what type of element he would use or if he went offensive to protect something/someone what would be the best to use to help out in the case. He certainly isn't boxing himself in, so need to be concerned there.

"It is always about the strategy and being useful, eh?" He finds this amusing, but is cool with it. Though they probably would differ a bit as he does like to study some things just for fun even when he is fully aware they have no true use to him.

Heh. Why on earth would you think he'd doubt that? Shakes head amused.

Well, it isn't so much about just covering up. He wouldn't mind showing it, but he was just thinking of it from an angle of well if I had to cover it for business reasons would it be hard to or not? Granted, if his job let him show tattoos then he wouldn't be too worried in the end. And well yes a tattoo could be removed, but why go through that when you can just put it somewhere where it doesn't necessarily have to be removed and can be easily covered? He didn't think he was claiming that he should get something dumb. It is just considering the spot, he'd want it to be meaningful.

"It is cute you are trying to correct the situation. You know you are obeying." - He cannot help, but to tease and poke.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
Well you know...there is no best option. You just choose either what you seem to have the easiest time with, or if you're about the same in all, pick the one you think suits your fighting style best. If it was a matter of always having the best element for a situation, you'd really have to just know them all and use them based on what is required when. That, and if you get really good with your chosen style, you can just find your own way around obstacles that would be normally easier with the use of a different one. Also, he'd offer to help you, but the magic he uses would likely not work well for you, so he could only really assist with the technical stuff.

...huh? "Am I supposed to be happy with being useless trash?" Seems a bit huffy about that, though not necessarily mad. That aside, he'd say that sometimes the best fun comes from figuring out how to make use even out of seemingly useless information, instead of just being complacent and not even trying to use them.

Some people would still get to see it. If you disliked your choice enough to want to keep it covered at all times...well you'd still have to undress in some situations, like with your partner, no? Would that be fine and preferable over getting rid of it? In any case, he wonders whether it's a good thing to make something that almost killed you into such a meaningful memento. Sounds a little morbid in a way. Like, what are you trying to remember there?

"Am I really? What if I just left now?"
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
Hmm...Well, he'd have to try some magic to see what flowed well with him. He hasn't exactly dabbled into this side much so he honestly has no clue what works and doesn't work. He is not interesting in learning a ton of magic, but rather taking a similar approach as Sharaku and learning what he can wield and what is useful to him. He has no issue working around holes in creative fashions to get what is needed done. He would appreciate your assistance and accept the offer of help; however he is curious why the style of magic you use wouldn't work well for him. Is it because of what he said earlier about complicated steps or is this stemming from something else?

"I did I ever say you were useless trash?" Honestly, he is a bit amused at how you get huffy when being teased. He is happy you aren't pissed though because he wasn't even trying to call you out on anything with the tease. As for the fun factory of making useless information useless, he could agree with that up to a degree. He still thinks some is fine being useless. Some things are good to know rather than just use all the time no?

Well, yes it is true some may see it if he undressed and well if he was disliking the design he wouldn't put it there to begin with...unless his judgment was so bad the first go round. Well he can live with a mistake unless it so horrible, he would want it to be removed. He just doesn't see that move as necessary if other things can be done or you aren't hating the tattoo. Eheh. Maybe it is morbid, but honestly the reasoning is to have a reminder to him that he is strong and can over come things, survive, and grow is all.

"Now you are leaving me and ruining my fun?" Now he is being huffy about things though not mad.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
It's not necessarily the 'style'. However, would it really be a good move to go teaching you ancient dragon languages and dragon magic? Even if he were to ignore the whole cultural aspect of having someone of completely different species knowing that, there was also the chance that not being a dragon would make it much more difficult for you to learn and use it.

"If I didn't focus on useful things, wouldn't I become so?" You can know all kinds of random facts and stuff, but that's not going to make you a useful member of society or whatever. Fun is one thing, but focusing only on what seems fun isn't going to make one's life easy. Also, people have limited memory, no? Is it really good to overload on all the useless ideas, unless you're really sure you can properly remember both those and the actually useful stuff?

Hmph. It's not just the obvious bad judgement about design. What if you let's say chose a thematic tattoo in the past that had to do with your ex while you still thought you were a great couple? Would you have been able to tolerate it after everything fell apart? Circumstances change, so anything could become a bad choice later even if it was meaningful at the time you got it. Same goes for deciding what would you be fine with being a reminder for the rest of your life, not just what seems like a good pick right now. If you would really prefer to not end up removing it later, better think hard about what to get.

"What fun...? We're not doing anything."
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
Ah. Well that could be true. We don't want unnecessary strain or danger there. He appreciates your thoughtfulness and care here.

He considers that point. Well yes we do have limited information and he supposes if it were looked at that way, then perhaps fun and usefulness should indeed be wrapped up together. Even more so since making it useful can help one remember things better since it is in turned being used for something and maybe even to teach another. Still even if you didn't focus on useful things, you could still be useful in a different way outside of knowing all the random facts no?

He suppose he would have to give it some more thought then considering the way you put it, you make it seem like it is best to put something without meaning there. Not meaning get something dumb, but more like something that just wouldn't suddenly be a change down the road and in turn be cause for dislike and such.

"No, but do we have to be doing something to have fun? I was having fun poking at you,."
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
Well, he wouldn't let it kill you, but might nevertheless be better for you to pick a more neutral type of magic.

So, what is this different way of being useful then?

Eh....he's not really against picking a meaningful tattoo. It's just something to consider more carefully, so you don't get it on a whim and then regret doing so. Just be sure that you really want that, even if circumstances surrounding your choice were to change over time.

"Are you saying you enjoy my suffering then...? I guess that is by all means appropriate today..." After all, there were several kinds of suffering to consider at this point.
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
That is understandable and well unless they plan to go into discussions about this now, I'd save this topic for further diving into for later. For now, he would say he trusted Sharaku and would have to figure out what to as far as approaching magic went.

Well, you have skills you can do with your hands and other things that don't require extensive research do you not? So if you have those at your disposal, how are you useless unless you just stop doing all together? Even collecting for fun has its uses, even if in the moment you don't plan to use them in a visibly practical way.

Ah. I see and well, he wouldn't do it on a whim and would probably give it thought so it won't be big regretti later.

"Well we can suffer together since you pick at me too in your own way. And well...maybe at least some of your suffering can be eased if you actually ate something, no?" What was suffering at this point for either of them? Outside of Sharaku's condition and feeling kind of bad for feeling like he was pushing the guy earlier?
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
Physical labor then? Not everyone enjoys that though. In any case, he just likes seeing results out of something he's doing. It's just less entertaining when it's not going anywhere and he has little to show for it.

"...are you going to make me?" He seems to almost be trying to dare you there, though for what reason is a question at the moment.
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
Well it is something is it not? And you do get results from doing it. In any case, can understand wanting something from your work, so on that point he won't really argue with him there. Though he will argue that you can be entertained even when gaining for fun.

"...." He looks over at you considering that question before answering. "I can certainly try to force blood into you. Though I would prefer it if you did it naturally. My aim is not to stress you out or force things on you; however, if need be....I'll do what I have to do if I find it necessary to take such actions." He is watching him with a narrowed gaze wondering what he is thinking.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
Well, they clearly tend to get entertained by different things then...

"...I was thinking more along the lines of holding my head and forcing me to bite you or something...not necessarily an unnatural roundabout way of doing it." He seemed half amused. "I just want to know how determined you are. I'm not stressing."
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
So it would seem.

"I wasn't thinking anything unnatural. I was thinking more along the lines of what you said or like force my wrist against your mouth and get you to bite there. Though for the record, I am pretty determined, so there is that." After all, he cares about getting you on your feet and a good meal that can help you out on that road. Though he did huff a bit at being tested like that not mad. Just kind of like why you testing me like this man? He is finding the things you do confusing at times.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
"I wouldn't really recommend wrist biting. You'd get more hurt easier that way. Bones too close to everything and it's thin so sinking fangs into it like that is not great." Despite what one might think, the area between the shoulder and neck was the safest bet to go for usually, both for easy vein access, and the least damages caused by the bite. Unless one wanted to experiment with weird places such as leg areas, but that was tricky for different reasons. In any case, he'd shrug at you. "I'm just interested in seeing how willing you would be to stand up against me. This is a good scenario for it."
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
"Is that so. Well, I certainly don't want more pain than needed." He doesn't like pain on a regular day, so the less pain the better. While he is not as nerved wreck as before he does seem to be slightly annoyed with the neck biting thing turning into a test of how much he'd stand up against you. Like this was a game or something. He doesn't understand why you are treating it this way, but seems to be trying in his own way to get you to eat without bowing to your way so easily. He rolls to his side and faces you. He wiggles closer to you so that he was right up against you. His hands rest lightly against your chest. "Why do you want me to stand against you? Is not offering myself enough to show I am willing to let it happen and won't be running away? Is that not enough proof I want you to bite me and eat? Or the fact I am still trying to convince you with words to do said actions not determination enough?" He would prefer it if you just came to him and bit him instead of this....unless you really want him to try and force you. He doesn't like the idea, even less so in your current state, but if that is what it takes to get you to eat so be it.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
You'd find him giving you a narrowed look for a moment, before looking away to the side. "It's a general sentiment. It could be important for you to do so one day." Sounded simple enough, though there was probably more to it. His tone was a bit clipped there, and it was not too hard to guess that there was likely something he wasn't telling you. Why though?
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
"One day or do you mean today?" He would shift in his spot to prop himself up enough so he could move to hover over you a bit so he is in your field of view. "What are you are holding back from me?" His tone is surprisingly firm as he looks at you with a slightly narrowed gaze. He wants to understand you, but cannot if you aren't speaking.
🦇Sharaku🦇06/03/2020
He'd huff somewhat defensively, not particularly comfortable with this converstation. That much was clear. "....whatever you take it as." He'd grumble. "I wanted you to do it because I don't know if I can without being pushed. Unless you already forgot, I've not exactly done this for a long time, and it's not that easy to just turn around, regardless of how good or bad the idea is. And I'm not so far gone to just bite mindlessly. If that were the case, I'd have snapped on you long ago...." It'd be easier to get him to not push back anymore once he did get a taste of some blood probably, but until then it was still kind of a mental battle for him too. And he just did not like admitting that he was not confident in being able to just do it by himself, really. It was kind of embarrassing from someone like him.
🌸Rika🌸06/03/2020
The redhead would sigh inwardly at the first set of words, but wouldn't say anything as he instead focused on what came next. As for what he heard, it was actually kind of surprising to hear the other say what he said. So the guy was unsure if he could do it on his own, so did that mean he was afraid? The red head would consider him for a moment his expression unreadable for a second before it softened. "I didn't forget what you said," he would say before a soft smile came across his face as some form of understanding came to him. "I thank you for making it clear what the issue is, so let's try this instead." He would move back to his spot next to the other though with a little more space between him and the other so he could move one hand more freely.

Reaching up to his neck area, he'd find a comfortable spot with his fingers before using his thumb claw to pierce the skin there. He would only go deep enough to draw a small amount of blood to the surface. He was hoping this was enough as he shifted a bit to attempt to grab the other's head. Being firm, but gentle enough he'd try to guide the other to the spot and once near it do his best to hold the other's face as close to as he could without smooshing his face into that area of his neck. "Go ahead and drink," he would say hoping the other would at least taste the blood and from there find the courage bite him....or find he wasn't getting out of that head lock until he did. His move wasn't aggressive because that was not his way, but it was firm enough to show this wasn't a pity thing. He truly wanted to work with the other on this issue and help out in some way. That was something that could not be denied here.
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down