The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Breaking the ice? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Breaking the ice?

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Breaking the ice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking the ice?

Post by Sharaku Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:02 pm

He would snort slightly, blowing air against the other's hair for a brief moment. "Excess hope brings disappointment in my opinion. I prefer to face the depression head on and accept things for what they are. Makes it easier for the long run if nothing changes. I'd rather be at peace with the fact that it will suck for a long while than spend time convincing myself with potential miracles that may never come." Not to say that he outright refused to believe it could get better in time, but he just did not like to hang onto that idea as if it was the last straw.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 pm

The demon would feel the air against his hair as the other snorted a bit, but he wasn't bothered as he continued to match the other's pace as they talked and stayed close for now. "I suppose it could, but it eases my anxiety. Like I understand the issue is there, but somehow when I hope for a better future it makes it seems smaller than it really is and easier to stomp out. When faced with the monster head on, I don't know what do. It's scary to be honest. Wigs me out and makes feel less in control. I am not sure how to come to peace with a monster like that." He's never faced his issues head on in such a direct manner. more like in a shielded manner the hope softening the reality as he worked through it...and when that hope was gone? He was lost in darkness and despair. It was strange, but maybe this was something he just hadn't learned. Or maybe his way of dealing with things was just very different than the others. There languages certainly very different when it came to these things.
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:23 pm

"It doesn't work for me. I just get unintentionally irritated about fake hopes being shoved in my face as if they were some grand solution. I prefer to face the problems head on rather than look for some sort of temporary cop out. It feels better to win in a head to head fight anyway. I'm no coward, nor do I intend to be." Plus, his mind was kind of unable to accept hopefulness as he was just too aware of the fact that it meant nothing in reality. It wasn't something he could legitimately rely on at all. The best he could do is pretend the problems weren't there for a while and push them in front of himself, but that only lead to a different kind of misery and he did not want that either.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:59 pm

"I see, so do you find hope as a cop out and those that trust in it cowards?" the demon would ask, his body remaining relaxed in the other's arms and his voice calm enough as he tried to understand the other's point of view with an open mind seeking to learn rather than argue over things that honestly he would not win and would just keep spinning in a frustrating circle. It was odd really...Why hadn't he tried this approach before and would it work or just get mistranslated?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:33 pm

"Mmm, not necessarily. It depends. For me personally, it just feels like I can do more than hope it will all end as happily ever after. I don't see believing as wrong overall. Though, if someone refuses to do anything else besides sitting on their butt and hoping all will fix itself with time, then I probably would call them a coward." He could deal with the idea of hope on the side, as he did acknowledge its existence. He just didn't really like listening to it being banged against his skull over and over again, as if it was going to have a miracle effect once it went through his ears the 100th time or something. If that's all you have to say on a matter, then say it once and be done with it. There's absolutely no need to keep driving it in when it's basically the same thing regardless of how it is said.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 pm

"That then is something we agree on. Even if I hope, I know that alone won't fix anything. I still move forward to face things. Just not in direct way as you do." The demon took small steps and won small victories rather than trying to grab the beast by the horns and make it submit. Sometimes that meant the beast did rear its head and caused the demon to back up a bit, but always he moved forward and kept fighting no matter how hard it was. If he had learned anything from the past, it was to buck up and face his problem rather than cry and run away. He could cry and go forward instead.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:05 pm

"I'll fight to the very end even if it cuts me up on the way. That's how I've always done things.", he would snort lightly. Backing up was not his style, unless he really had no other option left. Usually he would simply stand his ground and headbutt whatever came his way right back.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 pm

"Hmmm. The fighter all the way. I am not sure I am that strong at all time." The demon would say the word softly as a soft smile crossed his lips. He fought his battles, but typically had to find newer ways to approach larger issues. He had the tendency to fall alot and when he was too tired he simply backed off finding it too much to handle alone. He just couldn't headbutt something that wasn't budging. He just wasn't that strong and at times just needed support and help...even if it was hard for him to ask for that from others.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 am

"I fight for it's what I do best." Besides, he was just uncomfortable with the idea of others butting into his matters. Yes, for small things he was fine with help but when it came to more private stuff it just irritated him that people wiggled their fingers in things they didn't really understand themselves. He was capable of biting when someone didn't get that they were meant to back off. Someone who doesn't know what to really do is a distraction, not help.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 pm

The demon would let out a soft snort at that one as his hands slid against the other's arm and he shifted slightly so that he was still in front of the other, but could at least lean back a bit to look up at the other without tripping them up. He would give the other a gentle smile.

"Well remember to take a break from all the fighting. I would hate to see you go down due to exhaustion." Fighting. No matter how good you were at it, one had to take a breather from it right? Even if you choose to fight alone anyone would break under too much of it.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:41 pm

He would blink down at the other, quiet for a moment, seemingly considering something before giving a low huff. "I do try to get my beauty sleep, you needn't worry about that." Was that a serious statement or just a joke? Probably a bit of both to be honest, though he just didn't want this conversation to get way too deep while they were supposed to be out and at least trying to have a good time.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:17 pm

The demon would watch the other back for some reason finding the coloration of the other's eyes calming at the moment. At the huff and the words the demon would give a lopsided grin at the other as he gave a small nod. "Alright then," he would say as he surprisingly let the issue drop, but for the moment did not move from his spot as he observed the other for a bit longer.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 pm

"Staring at something?", he would ask, somewhat amused as he noted the other watching him rather intently. He didn't really have a whole lot to say for the moment anyway.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm

"Just you. I like this. Being close to you and being able to either observe you a rest next to you in silence. It is nice," the demon said with a small smile on his face seeming more or less content for now. Or rather as content as one could be while in their position.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 pm

He would snort at that answer before coughing to clear his throat slightly. "I'm not sure this is the best place for that type of activity though. Unless you want to head back in already." They were kind of out and doing something. If the goal was to just kick back and lay down somewhere, ice rings weren't the best choice for that.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:35 pm

The demon would chuckle a bit as his eyes drifted away. "I guess you're right. Though I'll when we leave up to you this time." He was alright with anything at this point. As long as he was hanging with the other, he didn't mind how long he stayed out.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:41 pm

"Hmph. Well, if this is about to be more of a cuddle date than anything else, we might as well." It's not like there's much point in mindlessly sliding around the ice when nobody's focus is really on that anyway, is there now? And they could always come another time if there was enough interest in doing so.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 pm

"Mmm. Cuddling would be nice," the demon would say softly and then giving a light nod, he would shift so that he slipped to the other's side holding his hand instead for now. "We can go then." His demeanor remaining calm and guilt free. They could always resume this another time indeed.

Despite what he said, the demon wouldn't drag the other off of the ice right away as he instead took to keeping pace with the other instead. Letting him lead the way if he wanted too.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Well, he wouldn't say much to that, letting them eventually slide to a stop by the railings once they got close enough to them. Though at that point he would scratch his cheek slightly, thinking. "Where are we going to anyhow?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:56 pm

The demon would stop by the railing a hand automatically going out to grip it lightly despite no need for it. As he was asked the question, he would hum a bit thinking. "Where else? My place unless you had somewhere else in mind," the demon would say with a small smirk. Outside of getting something to eat or maybe walking a bit, he honestly didn't know where else they would go at the end of it all if not his place anyhow.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:01 pm

"I...not really. I was just kind of surprised you aren't asking to visit me instead just yet." He had no problem with the demon's place, of course. He simply had a bit of an epiphany there, wondering why was the other not questioning him about that yet. After all, it's been a pretty long time by now.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:09 pm

The demon would look up at the other for a second and then look down shaking his a bit as he smiled a bit, his shyness apparently kicking in a bit. "Well, I figured when the time was right you would just ask. Besides...I wouldn't just invite myself over. I umm...always thought that was a no no anyway. On top of that, I didn't exactly want to be invasive or annoying either, so I just didn't ask...." The demon would trail off as he brushed a piece of his hair back behind his ear. Yeah it had been a long while and he had not once stepped inside of the other's home or asked to be let in. Was a strange? perhaps if one assumed he was overly persistent in all things, but honestly he was a lot more humble and respectful than what his behavior suggested at times.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:33 pm

He would shake his head with a blink. "Well, I kind of assumed you'd be most comfortable at your own place anyhow, and since you never asked, it seemed like you weren't interested enough.", he would shrug a bit. "I'm not the one to show off for no reason, so I didn't really want to go and sound like I was trying to promote my place as the better choice or something." And it didn't bother him to come over to the other's place, thus he didn't give it much thought most of the time. It just kind of made him wonder at this point.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:43 pm

The demon would chuckle softly at that one. "So you expect directness or else it doesn't cross your mind and I typically expect the other party to ask or I won't say anything." The demon would pause as he looked up a bit towards the ceiling as he tapped his lip with a finger. "Well since it came up I suppose we can go to your place. Though uh..." he would look back at the other with a sheepish smile as he scratched the back of his head. "You never did tell me where you lived exactly." Can't go to a place you don't know where it you know?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:30 am

He would rub at his chin slightly. "I wouldn't say it doesn't cross my mind. I just simply assume that if the person wanted it so much, they would ask about it themselves, and in case they aren't doing so, I figure they probably don't care enough." Nevertheless, he would shift to get a move on, so they could get out of these ice skates and ready to leave rather than just chatting about by the railings. When the other started asking about where, he would shrug a bit. "I'm guessing you're here on your bike as usual? I can take the driver's seat and take us there to make things simple." He couldn't expect the other would know the address and whatnot if he just told the guy, and it wouldn't be a pleasant experience to get lost for no reason.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum