The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
The Concept of Journeying I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

The Concept of Journeying

2 posters

Go down

The Concept of Journeying Empty The Concept of Journeying

Post by Rika Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:38 am

The Concept of Journeying CEqqo84

There are two concepts that I wish to play with here. One will be posted elsewhere and focuses on perfecting and balancing pairs namely my twins that I will be using for roleplaying purposes elsewhere in the future. The other concept which will be placed here is a concept I have been wanting to play with forever, but ironically have never been allowed to do it or had a place to play with it on previous RP forums.

This concept stems from my love of mythology, religion, and a love for adventure. This concept pulls its core from games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Last Guardian, Journey, Prey for the Gods, Okami Series, and The Dark Souls/Bloodborne series and Zelda- Games which are very much about experience and story telling. They are deeply rooted in their own lore and rich with religion and mythology that sometimes challenge the common perception of religion and what is good and evil.

The other sources I pull from build the world this concept is set in. Samurai Jack, Bastion, Transistor, Pyre all have unique stories and fascinating stylized worlds that allows this world to shift and move based on creativity.

The common theme for this place of experiment is mythology/religion and journeys into these realms. It is a way for me to explore the concept of religion or having characters that are deep into that mind set. With this I am not trying to impose anything on anyone. It is simply a way of digging into this odd world of myth and religion to see what I can create or build from the concept and also a way of mediating and reflecting upon things in life.

While this will more than likely consist of my ramblings, this place is open to all. My only rules here is to be creative and have fun. You do not have to have religion in what you place here, but I prefer if we keep this uniformed since the place is designed for this purpose.

Responses/posts for this are in character for the most part, so you are welcomed to provide questions, prompts, or even just RP with the character here.

Take note that the character comes in two forms because I am not sure whether female or male is best suited for this role. All you have to do if you want to interact with them or have them respond to something is tell me which gender you are directing it at and give then give the scenario you are going with. If you go with a prompt please make it clear what you want explored otherwise I'll take vagueness as freedom to do as I please with what is given.

One thing I would like is a challenge. I already know I am wordy and don't do well when placed in a box, so if you wish to put a word count there or make a rule then do. Hopefully by doing this I can train my fluff into something short sweet, but impactful all the same and learn to be comfortable when moving in a restricted arena. >>

Anyway enough rambling, here is the basic information of what is need for this if you wish to provide something.

Gender: Which version of the character are you aiming at: Male or Female?
Reason: Is it a prompt? If so label it as such and give the prompt. Or is this a interaction between you and this character? If so label it as interaction.
Rule: Go right ahead and restrict me in some fashion whether this be a word count or something else, I don't mind as long as it is reasonable and respectful.

Code:
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Reason:[/b]
[b]Rule:[/b]

The Character:

Drifter: Is a mysterious wander that travels through the world putting spirits to rest and visiting the various shrines throughout it for enlightenment and power. The character's goal is spread happiness through the world via peace, love, and faith. While the character dislikes violence, it will use it if necessary. The character is deeply rooted in its religion and its belief in spirits. Below are the difference between male and female version.

The Concept of Journeying CfhDKFw

Male: A friendly, yet mysterious man that poses as a merchant and travels alongside a wolf that people aren't sure is his pet or just tame for some reason. He has a sword that he typically keeps sheathed and only will unsheathe if he has no choice, but to kill. His abilities rests in swordplay along with using various items and weapons to get the job done. He carries around a slab on his side that seems to be connected to whatever faith he follows and in turn it fuses him with powers from the gods. The slab does not seem to work for anyone else, but him becoming plain stone in others hands.

The Concept of Journeying 3fenf1E

Female: A gentle soul typically followed by a pair of female guards. She is a priestress and does not hide the fact. She is unarmed, her guards typically fighting for her. Her power stems from prayers, wards, and creatures she can summon.

I'll be adding my other characters I wish to play with elswehere.

Last edited by Jezabella on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Concept of Journeying Empty Re: The Concept of Journeying

Post by Sharaku Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Let's give it a go then : D

Reason: Prompt : You happen to run into an injured kitsune on your way. What do you do?
Rule: Have it be between 800 - 1000 words if you can ^^
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Ooh! I did it! I did a thing. Look! Look! (Derpy, derp click the look! look!)

You know what else is exciting? Hehe. 994 words that is what!

*Proud Deshi is proud, but calms down a bit.*

Anyway, enjoy! ^^
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 am

Nice.

Do all kitsune only care about cursing people? xD

Meanwhile though...

Reason: It says you can summon creatures. Showcase some of your abilities with it please?
Rule: Nothing this time. I'd like to see some variety if you show several of them though.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:43 am

Hehe. No they don't. It just happens this one was actually just trying to be threatening. There is more to that tale. If you want it just let me know. Now then to work on this new prompt I've been contemplating for days.

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:39 pm

It took a while, but here is your request. Enjoy~<3.

https://playgroun.forumotion.com/t21-entry-2-purification#115

And now back to contemplating to make this one male or female. That was really fun to write though. Thanks for the prompt. =)
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:02 pm

<3
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Only updates here:

1) While the religious them is still there, the world the request can be made in has expanded beyond just mythology. I decided not to restrict it anymore and just let it go where it will.

2) Thanks to The Tower, Drifter is officially male and uses the male version above as his FC and also his powers. The female's power has been moved to Jezabella and Eva.

Outside of that, I'll add stories to as I see fit to flesh out things surrounding Jezabella and those around him. These stories are back story in some cases, but most are wandering thoughts that I wanted to write out both out of fun and mediate, but also to sharpen my skills as a writer. Other than those changes the Shrine works the same as it did before.

~ Deshi Out.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum