The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Agatha's Ranch

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Agatha's Ranch - Page 2 Empty Re: Agatha's Ranch

Post by Sharaku Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:12 pm

Opting to take it easy at first, he would heed the 'warning' and not go any closer for the time being. He wasn't going to leave though, so unless she wanted to have him circle around forever, she would eventually have to let him closer. Though it seemed she was actually going to take the offer, eh? Good. That made it somewhat easier for him on that front. He would smile faintly with a mutter. ''Good...'' He would keep more or less still at that moment though, not wanting to scare her off by making sudden movements. Not yet. Let's see how this proceeds first.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:21 pm

She indeed did take the offer giving a cautious sniff at first before pulling back slight with a toss of her head and a snort; however, she didn't try to harm the other that seemed to hold his ground well enough around and so becoming a bit more curious she would move a bit closer sniffing his hand a bit more before nudging it lightly. Perhaps testing her boundaries or testing the other with the nudge. Regardless she wasn't being aggressive or wild which was good so far.

Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

Well, he could certainly do without all that cocky behavior, but for the time being, there wasn't really a point in doing anything about it. The fact that she came to him by herself and all was progress, and that was a good thing, so he'd let the details slide for now. He didn't want to have to get pushy unless it became obvious that he had to. Though it did make him wonder that if she acted like this to everyone, how did the other people who tried even get on her. She seemed to not even be super eager to come close to a person.

Nevertheless, he would just hum under his breath faintly, shifting his hand slightly to rest it on top of her muzzle. He didn't really mind the nudging much. As long as it didn't cross into the aggressive and pushy territory, he'd accept that.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm

The difference between what was happening now and what usually happened was this: Sharaku was trying to get to know the horse one-on-one where typically the ones that came strutting didn't. The ones that just wanted to ride her dealt with her already saddled up. She could be still alright and let them on, but whatever happened after that was history. However, when it came to being unsaddled and free to roam she would only approach those she liked or respected like Rika and the owner and everyone else, she'd turn away from. She wasn't a super friendly horse and to get her to be loving meant work.

And well it seem this one was doing his work well enough. Despite how the start had been, the horse was finding herself calming a bit around the other that was able to hold his ground well enough against her. even her light nudge didn't seem to phase him and when he put his hand on her muzzle, the horse would let her touch her for a bit before shifting her head to lightly push him.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Going to play that game, eh? Well, he didn't plan on having any of that. Refusing to budge from his spot, he would make a light disapproving sound at that, moving his hand back to where he had it before. This time though, he wouldn't just touch but also apply some pressure downward, almost as if trying to get the horse to bow a bit. It wasn't outright force though, so she didn't necessarily have to heed that. It was more of a warning if anything. Push me and I won't hesitate to push back, so to speak.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:44 am

It wasn't that simple to make her submit. While she did feel the pressure, she would let out a soft grunting sound as she moved pushed against the resistance with some force seeming to still try to get the man to submit to her for the time being.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 am

He would just raise an eyebrow at that reaction. Very well then. If that's how she wanted to have it, he'd play his own game. Rather than trying to 'outdo' her and push more, he would actually let go all of a sudden, stepping off to the left to swiftly move over to stand by her from the side, giving her a smack on the butt. As long as he kept himself on the side and avoided the back so he didn't get kicked and the front for the headbutts, a horse couldn't really do anything to him. She could always try to run off and move somewhere else to stop him from bothering her, but he had no problem with running her around until she figured out it was easier to stop trying to push him.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Needless to say she wasn't expecting him to move to the side, the move throwing the horse off guard a bit before the slap to behind came. When the man did that the horse, reacted jerking forward slightly as she tried to turn so she could actually face the guy head on. A bit difficult to do considering he was at her side, but she sure as hell tried. How dare this one think she was going to allow that!
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Needless to say, he was kind of amused at this. Well, it seemed they were staying in place for now. Okay, sure. Surprisingly enough, he would step back slightly, letting her face him if she so wished rather than cockblocking her permanently. That was not his goal there anyway. He would stare at the horse with a slightly raised eyebrow.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:16 pm

The black beauty would face the other as she let out an agitated snort and stamped her hoof as if to say how dare you as she stared down the man before her. It seemed she wasn't done trying to play boss as this time she turned slightly to the side and tried to use her body to push the other into submission.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:42 pm

''Pff.'' He would just snort at that. Some stomping wasn't going to intimidate him. Nor was he chained to one spot, so he definitely didn't plan on letting himself get squished in some way. Since she had only turned slightly, it would mean he was fairly close to her neck and head, and all he really had to do was move a bit to the side again so he was out of reach. After which he would proceed to basically go around her head to get on her other side, only to smack her again, seeing as he would probably have to take a moment to recover footing and not topple over from trying to put weight into one direction like that. He could play this game for a while if need be.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Despite her efforts, it would seem the man didn't want to lose his ground keeping his footing and dancing around the horse in a way that disoriented it a bit. When she was smacked again, she would give a small whine as she moved to the side and then...surprisingly took a step away from the guy.

Rika who had been watching this nervously perked up slightly upon seeing this. Was she actually going to submit to this. The ranch owner who had been smirking on the other hand, found that confident smirk faltering a bit. There was no way....
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Now, that was much better. It would suck if it took way too long to get some progress after all. He could have a lot of patience for sure, but it was definitely better for everyone when the fighting didn't last forever. Nevertheless, he wouldn't move this time, not having a reason to push around since she wasn't trying to threaten him. Instead, he would reach out his hand similarly to the beginning, attempting to see if he could get a friendlier response exchange this time.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:14 am

When the man held out his hand, the horse would move forward and gently touch his hand. This time around she was not trying to push him or anything. She was just coming to him because she saw the signal to do so.

Agatha's jaw dropped at this. What? Had this guy actually...? She looked at Rika who was giving her a "I told you so" sort of smirk; however, the ranch owner would give a "hmph" as she shook her head and crossed her arms. "He hasn't ridden her yet, so i still have a chance here." She would tell the demon. Apparently she and the demon had a game going on despite the circumstances.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Not bad. This was a lot better than fighting for sure. He could do it when need be, but it was always a lot safer when you weren't in risk of getting injured. Sure can be avoided pretty well by being careful, but if it does happen, it's bad. Horses have a nasty kick and bite. The former can even kill on spot when it hits your head or such. Which is obviously bad...and terrifying in a way. He wouldn't really blame the people who were afraid to get up and personal with a horse that tried to misbehave. It could indeed be fatal if you made a mistake and the horse spooked too much. They weren't necessarily trying to kill anyone, but they weren't aware of their level of strength either.

Nevertheless, if the two that were watching wanted to solve their dispute by seeing him ride, they'd have to wait a bit longer still. Making a horse understand it's not the boss is great, but he wasn't trying to look like the bad guy by taking that as a prompt to use the animal like a tool either. It's better to be friends after all. With a faint smile he would step forward a bit, trying to pet her around the neck/shoulder area a bit.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Rika would just shake his head at Agatha with a faint smile as his eyes returned to the guy and the horse. It was quite amazing really. Most didn't take this route and went straight for jumping on and ending up on their ass, but this guy. He took a lot of consideration when it came to things, didn't he? The demon would smile slightly as he leaned against the fence and rested his head on his arms watching horse and man interact. This really did show a different side of the guy and he appreciated it.

In any case, whatever game the pair had going on would mean little to the horse who had finally submitted to the man. She would allow him to pet her as she lowered her head slightly and nuzzled him slightly. She was still getting used to him, but at least she seemed to be relaxing around the guy, so perhaps this was good.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Well, animals were beings too after all. They weren't just devices for people to use as they saw fit. Yes, one could try and surely succeed in some cases, as not every animal had it in them to try and figh back somehow, but it was rather disrespectful to do that one way or another. It's as if some other species came in and treated humans as just work mules. Bet that wouldn't be so okay anymore, would it now?

At any rate, he would let the horse do as she would, running his hand through her mane a bit with a faint hum. He was in no hurry at the moment. Though, there was only so much he could do without getting to the riding. Unless they stood there cuddling forever, which he doubted even the horse would want to do for too long.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 am

A true statement that the demon would let float through his brain along with other things as he watched the other continue to interact with the horse, finding himself admiring the other in a way he did not expect. He wasn't sure what it was about this whole situation that gave a new light to the guy, but it just did and honestly he was glad for it. Sometimes the simpler things were the best things.

Meanwhile, the horse would allow the other the other to run his hand through her mane seeming to calm down even more the more time she and he spent together. It wasn't often this horse took to people, but much like the owner and Rika there was just something about this one that the horse could sense. Maybe he wasn't like the average joe and perhaps with time, she could trust him fully. For now though she gave a bit of respect to the guy. At least she knew she wasn't the boss and that this one wasn't trying to hurt her, so win/win.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 am

Well, as fun as this was, now that it wasn't being any sort of active contest, he wasn't left with a lot of things to do. Sure, there were exercises one could do with a horse, but most required at least some sort of equipment to be involved, and he had none ready right now. Unless he wanted to test how well she'd listen to him without any sort of rein to give directions.

Eh. He would pat her with a light smile, choosing to move and walk over to the fence where the audience was hanging out. If she wanted to follow him, she very well could, but he wouldn't make her do it. ''Having fun gawking at me?''
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 pm

The horse would allow the pet, shaking her head lightly when the man decided to move away. While he did not command her to follow, the horse trailed behind the man on her own accord moving off to the side and towards Rika as the man approached the fence.

To his question, the ranch owner would smirk. "I am hardly amused boy. You ain't even got to the fun part yet. You need to actually ride her to make it more entertaining for me," the ranch owner said as she stuck her tongue out at Sharaku. She was impressed though she wasn't showing it; however, the woman would have to break away from the pair as she was called over to help with some customers that just rolled. Telling the pair that she would be right back, the woman left the two males with the horse...something she had never done, but showed just how much she trusted the taller of the pair to keep the horse in check.

Alone again, Rika would gently pet the horse along her neck staying quiet for a moment before answering Sharaku in his own way. "You certainly are a man of many surprises. I am pretty sure if you have gained her respect this fast then riding will be a piece of cake for you," the demon would say his eyes on the horse for a moment before he looked over at the other with a sheepish smile. "I am glad this part went well for you. I would've been 50 dollars lighter if you had lost to her you know?" The demon's tone was light, but surprisingly not playful. instead there was a gentleness there that suggested that even if he had lost the money, that wasn't his biggest concern. He cared more about the other than the money honestly though whether or not the other could read that was another matter...and if he missed it. Well he suppose that was nothing new in the end.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:28 pm

''Well, excuse me that you're bored so easily.'' He would just shrug lightly at that one. He was taking things at his own pace. Besides, to be completely honest, he didn't see riding as a huge step up once it was clear that one had a horse that wasn't about to try and run them over. If you're a horrible rider and upset the horse throughout, then yes, you may still be in trouble, but otherwise it ought to not really be too much of an issue. ''I think I'll be fine there.'' It would be sad if she decided to be rude simply because he tried to ride after all this.

He would raise an eyebrow slightly at the next comment. ''You guys were making bets on this?'' Whether he noticed was hard to tell, and in case he had, he didn't seem to be making a comment that was geared that way. Some things are better to remain unspoken at times. Maybe.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm

The ranch owner would smirk at his comment with a shake of her head but before she could comment any further she had to walk away due to customers. She was a bit sad because she much rather play; however, business was business after all.

To the question pose, the demon would nod a bit. "We typically bet on how long one will last on her back. Cruel I know, but I guess there is some part of me that is entertained by the matter; however, this bet was a bit different. She didn't think you could tame her at all, but despite how nervous I was I believed you could, so I put my money on you...however, whether I had lost or not I honestly didn't care. I just...wanted you to be unharmed is all. That was reward enough." After all money could be regained. A life could not.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:35 pm

He would huff slightly there, somewhat amused at that. ''I think I'm strong enough to not get killed by a horse. I'm not exactly a normal person after all. Thanks for the concern though. I think you really needn't worry about me so much however.'', he would shake his head a bit. As long as he didn't make the dumbest moves ever and got heavily injured right off the bat, he had ways to defend against a wild animal. He was part one himself in a way after all. And he had been working on his powers as a matter of fact, although that was something the other currently didn't know about.

At any rate, he would hum under his breath slightly. ''Anyway, what are we doing now? Waiting for her to come back?'' He wasn't sure whether he was supposed to just try riding now, or wait for the owner to come back first or something. He wasn't in too much of a hurry so he was fine either way though.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 pm

The demon would smile gently as the horse backed up and moved elsewhere for now leaving the two to talk. Resting his hands against the fence, he would look back at the taller man as he let out a faint chuckle. "I know you can handle yourself, but in the end that trait is kind of hard to push down. Even more so when I care about someone, but I'll try not to be to overbearing with it." He wasn't doubting the others ability to take care of himself in the least, but even so he had the tendency to be nervous when came to dangerous stunts. Even if he was fully confident in the other, there was still a side of him that was on the look out for the worse. A living contradiction or just preparing for anything? That was the question that could not be answered and one the demon wouldn't ponder for long once the other posed a question.

"Hmmm," the demon would shift in his spot and look over to where Agatha was still tied up with the customers. It looked like it would take a while. Blinking he would look back at Sharaku. "Despite her talk, the fact she has left you with her means she trust ya with the horse. Typically she stays around and have someone else deal with customers unless it is me. Then she will drift off. So we don't have to wait. It all depends on you and when you want to attempt a ride. Besides, I need to get my baby ready too, so just say when," the demon would say not seeming to be in a hurry himself either. He was enjoying himself even if he was just observing for now.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:18 pm

He would snort faintly. ''I'm fine with it. Just try not to undermine my confidence too much.'' That was mostly a joke though, as he wasn't really going to let someone else's words change his own opinion of what he could and could not do. Nevertheless, it was a bit nicer to not hear things like that too often, even when you did not take them super personally.

He would shrug. ''I'm fine with now. We'll have to get going eventually unless we want to be here until very late in the day. Riding when it's dark out is less safe as well.'', he would frown slightly as he looked around a bit. ''I'll probably need someone to open the gate for me later though. I plan to test a bit first, and having to get off again to go open it would be a hassle.'' He didn't think anything would happen, but still, he wasn't going to rush outside the moment he sat on the horse.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum