The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

As Bright As The Snow

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

As Bright As The Snow - Page 2 Empty Re: As Bright As The Snow

Post by Rika Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Well that was an interesting way of answering things that in a way was confusing and in a way was not. Like he got what the guy was saying and all and he suppose he did answer all the questions posed, so then…”Hmm. Well, if that is the case go out with me. I am not laying any obligations on you or putting up expectations. I just want to see how this goes and if it fails well it fails and if turns good. That is cool too. Whatcha say?”

Well he seemed pretty serious about the matter and yet wasn’t trying to force the guy into anything either. He honestly was doing this out of curiosity more so than anything else. Question was would the other go along with it? True he did say he could go along with a situation if it occurred, but that wasn’t the same thing as actually saying yes and doing it, now was it?

Leaving the offer on the table for now, the young man would find himself scratching his head a bit at the next explanation. “So you feel emotions, but don’t understand them...so you question them and use others like a reflector to try and figure it all out,” the young man would frown a bit. “I will admit, I am not quite grasping that. Like I get what you’re saying, but I have nothing to bounce it back upon me in a way I can understand easily. Like I can’t relate if that makes any sense?” He would give the guy an awkward smile at this not sure how else to explain it. He wasn’t trying to be rude and he like heard what the other said, but at the same time he couldn’t just go: “Yeah that is total cool dude. It’s okay" either. He could not fully grasp that one in the same way as the other did because he never dealt with it. It was kind of like with his patience. While he could understand what he hearing and everything and could find ways to help a bit, that didn’t mean he could relate. It was just something that made him and the other different. Was this a bad thing? Well it could be if one made a big fuss out of it, but his words weren’t doing that or dismissing the guy. He was simply letting the guy know how this stood even if it may not be so easy to swallow. Did this make him less curious about the other? No if anything it just made him curious about if this meeting went beyond one meeting how would these things he was learning here play into the matter.

As for that next topic, Rika would give the other a sheepish look and smile. “Well that is fair enough. Being expressive does have its own problems I can agree there. At least you more or less know what you want in that area.” Or at least he seemed comfortable where he was at, so that was good yes? Rolling that aside though back to language.

“I suppose it can get that way. I’ve only visited the place so know the language in so far as I can at least communicate with people and read it. The finer points I still need to work on.” Well yes one did have an easier time in a foreign place when they actually knew the language of that country to a degree. Still it would be nice to master it...or at least for Rika it would be. He really enjoyed that language and that would put a 4th under his belt, so there was that. In due time though. For now, sitting and awakard table moments.

“So like tell the nice lady what you want to drink. Don’t worry about money that is what I am here for today,” Rika would say as he gestured a towards the waitress who had just settled in her spot and pulled out a pad.

“Lika, when will you let me say my spill huh?” the woman would ask with a heavy accent and a friendly smile. Rika just shrug at the woman innocently to which she would roll her eyes playfully enough seeming familiar enough with the guy. Becoming professional again, she would look towards Sharaku. “What do you like?” she would ask tilting her head at the tall man with an innocent gaze.
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:25 am

Blinking at the other a few times, he would offer a somewhat toothy smile after a moment. “Well, I’m already out and with you as is. I say…let’s see how we feel about this by the time we have to part tonight?” If nothing else, the small amount of time spent together could be a good indicative of whether there was any point in planning future hang outs. They could make the decision as to whether they wanted to do it again before they parted at the end of this day, yes? It wasn’t like he was necessarily wanting to delay an answer, but it would be all kinds of embarrassing if he said yes now, and then they had to find a way out of it because this whole evening happened to crash and burn somehow. You can never be sure of how things will go.

Anyhow…he would look off to the side at the next conversation, a little hesitant about what to say there. “…kind of, I suppose. It’s more complicated than just that, but I seem to lack the right words to explain in an understandable way. I don’t necessarily always do that either. I just don’t always do emotion like what you’d probably expect, so I act out of the box.” He had tried to at least keep it somewhat simple, and while he did at times ask questions like that and such, it wasn’t a black and white absolute. There was a mix of reasons as to why he did what he did, and his exact approach could also vary depending on the situation. In any case, he would shake his head a bit. “I’m not really expecting you to understand. It’d probably be a miracle if someone truly did. I’m just…letting you know I guess.” Would doing that make anything different? Hell if he knew, but the subject had come up, and he figured it made no sense for him to refuse answering the questions.

He would snort at the expressiveness comment. “I’d wager it’s more along the lines of ‘I know I have problems and accept the fact.’” He couldn’t straight up say he knew what he wanted. It was hard to settle on that considering the chaotic circumstances at play. Though really, he was a more reserved person in general anyway, so trying to flip the switch of expressiveness to the other side was not a proper solution for him. Would it benefit him to get better at it? Well, yes. Did he want to actually practice it? Likely not really. Or at least not very directly.

Regardless, he would simply hum at the topic of Japanese, finding he didn’t have a whole lot to say there. He could either say ‘great’, or go off on a tangent about how much of a killer mastering the language was, but was there really a point in doing either? Hmm. He would blink an raise an eyebrow at the other across the table jokingly. “Implying I couldn’t pay for myself if I wanted to?” After all, worrying would only be in place in case he had a lack of money and potentially couldn’t afford a whole lot without being paid for. Which wasn’t true, therefore he wouldn’t need to be worried in case the guy chose to not be generous.

Speaking of which…”Uh….” But he didn’t even glance at the menu yet. How high were his chances of asking for something they didn’t even serve? Let’s hope not too high? “…do you have hot chocolate?”
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:58 pm

“Alright then. Let’s see what happens then,” the young man would say with a nod as a content smile crossed his face. It seemed that unlike others who would probably be demanding direct answers at this point, this one was a bit different. He was willing to wait and test the water before settling fully into matters. In fact, he was kind of glad the other took a slower approach to this versus just going yes. Would’ve been mad with a direct answer like that? Not really. He would’ve taken it and just gone with the flow. Still waiting did save alot of unnecessary stress if this did go south for some bizarre reason.

With that deal made, it would seem the next topic was perhaps getting a bit uncomfortable for the other. He took note of the guy’s actions and hesitation, but even so he wouldn’t do anything to make a fuss about it as he gave the matter a bit of time to see if the other would answer him or not. When he did receive the answer, Rika was quiet for a moment as he thought on what had been said. “Hmmm,” he would begin with a hum after a while as he looked upward. “Perhaps it is okay not to understand the details. I mean even if you are different in how you do things, maybe that isn’t such a bad thing as long as when the situation rises up the other understands the meaning behind the action you’re using to make an expression of sorts. Does that make sense?” he would pause as he glanced back at the other with a sheepish look. He hope he wasn’t being confusing with what he was saying about such a tricky subject. “Anyway,” he would start after a while as he blinked and looked away. “It is good knowledge to have about. Thank you for sharing.”

Considering how personal the matter could be he was surprise the guy was willing to humor him enough to go deeper than just a surface level. Perhaps this one was more open than he thought. A nice change considering how such a matter could’ve gone. As for that other comment, Rika would nod a bit at this one with a faint smile.

“Acceptance is always a good thing,” he would say softly not seeming to go any further than that with topic for now as he let it fade out into silence.

Silence that would mostly continue as other topics began to die, but this wasn’t so bad. A natural pause was always welcomed even more so when the mood seemed bounce between being serious and playful. Rika would smirk at the question.

“No I was simply being generous is all. Is that a sin?” he would ask watching the other amused, but not seeming to back down on his offer to simply pay for what the guy order. The waitress would watch them amused before interrupting to get drink orders.

Upon hearing the order the woman would nod. “We sure do. Do want whip cream on that?” she would ask as she wrote it down on the pad. Hot beverage were kind of big thing right now since the weather outside was perfect for it.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:15 am

He would kind of half-shrug with one shoulder at that. “Yes and no? If they don’t understand one thing, can they really understand another that is innately related to it? It can be hard to just know a meaning behind an action when you don’t get where it’s really coming from. So I’d probably take that one with a grain of salt. I get the idea, but I would think it might not always work too well in reality.” You’d likely end up questioning it all anyway. Unless of course you have the person in question go and compile a list of what means what and why for your convenience, but things aren’t really that easy, are they? Regardless, he would shake his head slightly. “To be fair, it doesn’t necessarily bother me to say this.” It was a little uncomfortable and potentially awkward to try to come up with the right words for this so he wouldn’t make a fool out of himself on accident. However, that was really the main part that bothered him about such confessions. It wasn’t so much that he was ‘open’…he was just very ambivalent about it. People were going to make personal impressions of him anyway. Might as well give them a reason to think more? And if they kicked him away due to not liking the complications, he’d at least know ahead of time that he needn’t waste his time on that person. It was very efficient. And he didn’t actually consider these facts to be something extremely private to himself. So there was that too.

Moving on through various conversations, they would eventually end up inside and seated. “Aren’t we all technically sinners anyway?”, he would snort. Or well, religion liked to say so, but he didn’t particularly care about that. Not beyond making a joke about it due to it seeming appropriate in the situation. “Mmm, no thanks. Plain is good.” He could think of things to potentially add, but he’d hold off on that right now.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:15 pm

"Perhaps and perhaps not. I guess it depends on the people involved in the end." It was true there would probably be questions arising here and there about the nature of things, but on the other hand their was a universal language that the living seemed to have that even when done oddly the mind or perhaps the soul could still understand the meaning; however, that was a topic for another time. In any case, Rika would find himself humming a bit at the next topic. "Well that is a rare trait. Most would be squirming by now or not letting it go as far as it did." It was always interesting to find folk out of the box like this. Folk that pushed the boundaries of common and opened the mind to new perspectives...or chased away the ones that too closed minded to accept a difference such as that.

That aside, the outside conversations would in time turn into inside conversations as they got seated and started to chat about other things. To the question, Rika would raise an eyebrow in amusement at this. "Well it would depend on who was being asked for your answer. Some would tell you yes and others would tell you know. For myself, I don't judge that way. I just see people and go from there." While he had his belief system there for sure, he knew better than to hold firmly to one idea. No life had cruel ways of teaching a person different things at times.

Anyway drink ordering time.

"Alright then," the waitress would say before looking over at Rika and tilting her head. "Teas or coffees, Lika?"

"Hmm...Just simple hot black tea. I'll let you choose the blend," he would say with an easy smile. Smiling the waitress would nod before turning to leave and get the drinks. With her gone, crimson eyes would turn back to the other., his amused smirk never leaving his face. "So two questions. What is your name? And what do you like to eat?"
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:54 am

He would raise an eyebrow. "...I don't see the problem. It's not like me telling you is going to turn my life upside down. Sounds like a really insignificant thing to be squirming about. It affects me little in the end." Sure, the guy could choose to treat him differently based on the information, and there likely were people who would think of him badly after knowing that, but he looked at that as a help in seeing who was worth the time and wasn't. He wasn't really giving any incriminating stuff away, so what did it matter? To him...it was honestly odd to think that some people had issues with stating the facts about themselves when they could be of use in the given situation. He could sort of understand why, but that kind of pointless defensiveness baffled him either way. You're not telling the person your credit card password...

In any case, he would rest his chin against his hand with an amused huff at the answer he got to his sinner comment. "To be fair, I personally heavily doubt anybody is completely innocent in all areas of life. So technically, saying we could all relate to some sort of sin isn't necessarily wrong. As much as it doesn't matter much in the bigger picture of things." Which grown up person doesn't have something they could be guilty for? Whether big or small, there was always something to be found. It just typically wasn't the focus of matters. He didn't judge people based on trivial things like that, but he recognized they were there somewhere.

....in any case, once the ordering was over, he found himself face to face with the other alone...and to be fair, he wasn't sure how he felt about this. Yes, while it was true that he did not inherently see telling the stuff he had as a problem, it did not change the fact that it...well kind of changed the status quo a bit by default. He wasn't good when it came to being personal with people. Not a strength of his at all. It made him feel awkward and somewhat nervous, especially when there were potential things at stake depending on how the interaction went. Despite being naturally a mostly self-confident person in his acting, he did have a tendency to falter in interpersonal relationships that...well, couldn't be approached in a more distant, business-like way. Because making jokes about everything aside...he didn't want to come off as too aloof when the point was 'connecting' with a person, but he also didn't quite know how to be properly engaging in that manner. Tapping the fingers of one hand against the table in a somewhat nervous tick, he would tilt his head at the guy a little awkwardly. "My name...it's Sharaku. Sharaku Rikei.", he would state, pausing for a bit at the other question. "I don't...really consider myself to be picky with food. I suppose I like fish though..."

....this was going to be a looong evening...
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:24 am

“It can seem that way, but for some telling stuff like that is a huge game changer.” Even more so if you were the type to be overly worried about judgement or perhaps had a ton to lose by letting out what could potentially be used against you. Everyone had flaws, but that did not mean everyone accepted this or could talk freely about it without cringing. As for Rika, well he accepted it well enough letting whoever got ahold of it do what they wanted with it. After all the information itself wasn’t a bad thing, but rather what a person decided to do with it could make a situation good or bad.

That aside though, the young man would find himself being quite comfortable in the others presences as the topic of sinners came about. He would close his eyes for a brief moment as he nodded at the comment. “That is true. We aren’t pure beings and we are stained by some sin or another.” He would reopen his eyes the smirk remaining in play. “However, just how much it matters in the big picture depends on the one looking at said picture. I know there are some that would burn you at the stake for being even a little tainted. Ironic considering they could more than likely the most tainted of all.” It was an amusing subject to deal with and it seemed the guy didn’t have issues with freely speaking on the matter even if there may be disagreements.

Speaking of amusing or interesting, it would seem the one before him would fall in the latter category. He would take notice that once they were alone again, how the other’s behavior changed to a nervous one. It wasn’t like the guy was doing anything major to hint at this, but Rika picked up easily enough on the energy around them and the tapping the other did; however, he wouldn’t address this directly as he gave the other a gentle smile.

“Sharaku. That’s a nice name. My name is Rika Saki,”
he would begin before the smile turned a bit more playful. “Now we don’t have to be calling each other Hey You all the time.” Well at least he was trying to keep the situation less tense or intimidating. As for the reply back, crimson eyes looked down at the menu. “Well they don’t sell fish platters, I think the closest you’ll get to it is the sushi. On that note, I am not going to eat a ton tonight so,” he would look back at the other. “Would like to share some sushi with me so it won’t go to waste?”
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:06 pm

“In terms of it being that, I find it fairly useful. If simply telling such things brings about negative reactions in some way or form, it saves you a lot of time you now know not to really waste on that person.”, he would huff faintly. At the end of the day, there were both favorable and less pleasant outcomes for any choice made. If you decided not to tell cause you weren’t confident enough to or whatever other reason, the person could come to see you as someone you aren’t or just later get mad over the things you omitted to ever explain.

In any case, he would shrug his shoulders in regards to the sin conversation. “I’d have to wonder who gave them the permission to judge others in the first place. Nobody’s really holy or anything.” It could be annoying when people acted like they knew what was right and what was wrong. Pretty sure they didn’t run the world.

That aside…it wouldn’t be right to say he was intimidated or afraid anyway. It was just…like having a lot of jittery energy and not knowing what to do about it. It made him a little restless. He was well aware of his shortcomings, and that didn’t make things any easier when he had to wade through it. He would blink at the guy. “Your name sounds rather Japanese.”, he’d comment, perhaps a bit off topic there before looking off to the side with a faint snort. “Hey You is actually a very entertaining nickname.” As much as it got confusing real fast. When the other brought up sharing food and all, he’d find himself giving an awkward ‘ahem’, before leaning back a bit and smoothing his hands over the front of his white shirt. “I’m decently sure that me looking like a lamp post says enough about how much I typically eat.” Really though, while he did have a lean stature due to not being a couch potato and all, for a person of his height, he weighed under what was average. So there was that. “…I’m fine with that.”, he’d elaborate after a moment of silence, just to make sure his point got across correctly.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:05 pm

"Hmmm," Rika would ponder that for a moment. "I suppose in that regards it can be helpful. Still it is rare to find someone so honest with how they are. Usually you are confronted by just the mask that try to please and make things easier for those that one encounters." Was anyone ever truly themselves right off the bat? Maybe in some cases, but most of the time people preferred to hide rather than take a chance with harsh judgment.

Speaking of judgments, the young man would shake his head a bit as he moved a hand to slip some of his wild hair behind his ear. “I don’t think anyone gave them permission. I think sometimes they see it as their duty and right to do such things even if in reality that is not how things are supposed to go down." Religion was an odd and tricky subject for sure with probably no true right or wrong way of going about it; however, forcing your way and judgments down everyone else throats? That was definitely a wrong way. Religion was about sharing, learning, and being a family no matter where you came from or did. It was about love and acceptance and rejoicing in the Great Spirit’s gift they bestowed upon the living. Force feeding and judgment were not part of that deal...and yet some people thought just because they went to church more or studied the Scriptures or Holy Writings more they had that right. Sometimes he wondered where humanity had gotten so off track with religion among other things.

That wandering thought aside though, Rika would find himself smiling a bit at the comment. “Yeah. Supposedly my mum was from around that area and her last name was that so it kind of ended up like that,” he would say with a light shrug. His name and how he ended up with it was a complicated story, but he wouldn't be going any further unless poked about it or something. Leaving that where it was, he would chuckle at the next comment. “Well yes. It can be an entertaining one and confusing too when multiple people think you are talking to them.” Try shouting it out at random and watch as everyone turn to you wondering if it was directed at them.

As amusing as that idea was, Rika would find himself drawn back to the present as the food question came up. As the other leaned back and performed his action, the young man would smile. “Well you are certainly thin; however, for all I know you could eat a ton or not even like the idea of sharing with others let alone a stranger,” he would begin before blinking a bit as the other agreed with sharing. “Alright then. Which sushi plate do you think we should get then?” he would ask laying down the menu on the table as one pale and surprisingly slightly shaky hand tapped the various sushi section of the menu that displayed everything from plates of a single type of sushi to combo platters for bigger parties. Hmm maybe he was more nervous than one thought, though it was hard to tell since outside of that hand shake he remained calm enough in positioning and his breathing patterns as he looked down at the menu for a bit pondering things.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:58 pm

He would make a faint ‘hmph’ sound at that. “You can’t even please a person all the time unless you can somehow read their mind. To be honest though, I’m not a fan of people who try too hard to keep a harmonious and calm environment at the cost of being themselves. It feels fake. White lies may be useful at times, but that shouldn’t be the modus operandi.” He wasn’t one of those people who appreciated having a regulated group harmony over things just being dealt with the way they were. It made his skin crawl mildly when he could sense that someone was just playing the social game and going for things that were most likely to appease. Instant turn off when he caught onto it, really.

In any case, he would purse his lips momentarily in regards to the religion subject. “That was mostly a rhetorical statement. I know nobody actually appoints them. I will say however, that everyone tends to believe that their ways are the corrects ones. It’s why most of us resist conforming in some way or form.” Who really wanted to admit to being in the wrong with their ideas? It would mean letting go of their pride and basically saying they made a mistake. Why do that when you can just be stubborn and insist you’re right no matter what, right? It wasn’t a good mentality to have, but there were many who operated that way, wherever you turned your gaze to.

The answer he got about the name kind of made him want to ask further, seeing as the ‘supposedly’ sounded weird. You generally don’t just…suppose about your parents when it came to things like that. Still, he didn’t want to be rude by inquiring about personal matters that really weren’t important for him right now, so he’d leave it be at the moment. “It’s not that bad when you make a point to look at the person you’re addressing.” The fact that someone isn’t talking to you can be noticed quickly by noting they aren’t looking your way. Though that was still a secondary measure.

That said, he would cough sheepishly when the other commented about food sharing. “…as long as you don’t make out with the food before I have to eat it….”, he’d state in a somewhat humorous tone, before shrugging as the choices were brought up. “I’m….not familiar with this place? I don’t know what they look like…though anything that has lots of fish works for me.” It was hard to imagine the size of the servings without having any experience, and really, how much he’d end up eating also depended on whether he liked the food a lot or not.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm

“Hmm,” the young man would tilt his head a bit at that one. “I can agree being fake is definitely not the way to go and in the long run can make things more difficult when shit hits the fan. Yet we all try to please. Some more than others and I can tell you that breaking being a people pleasure and just being yourself is a difficult task to learn.” Sometimes that process took years. “Regardless you seem to run on being more or less transparent with the other and taking things on head on. So can we say you are more direct than others?” Well he could handle some directness depending on what it was about...and if he had the tolerance to handle what was being placed on the table at times.

That aside it would seem that the chat would go to religion as he seemingly responded to a question that wasn’t supposed to be answered; however, he wouldn’t apologize for his error or try to fix the situation on fear he screwed up so badly the world was going to end. Nah. Mistranslations happened and so did errors. As long as it wasn’t an error that was causing something big to happen it was alright. Humming a bit, he would nod at what he heard. “Ah I see and well that is true. And I can say that being forced to conform does make you want to break out and be free. It is never good to have stuff shoved at and told this is the only way when clearly it is not.” If there was only one way allowed then why did people see fit to punish if you tried another way? It was strange sometimes the system, but it was nothing that could suddenly be fixed so there was that.

Not one to stress over the uncontrollable, Rika would let that one go as the subject of names came up. He took note the other didn’t press him about his own name which won some points for the guy. He liked it when people weren’t invasive of privacy and got the hint that maybe he did not wish to talk about a particular subject. Or maybe he just got lucky. Whichever the case was, he was happy he didn’t have to go into “that” subject for now as the conversation instead focused mainly on the “Hey You” name. Too bad he didn’t have much to add onto it though as he gave the other a small smile and said. “Suppose so.” And then kind of left it at that not sure what else he could add onto that.

Speaking of adding, it looked like he would have a bit of mental debate as he looked down at the menu as the other gave him an answer in regards to the food choices. To this he would place an elbow on the table as his left hand opened to hold his head as he huffed softly causing his wild bangs to shift with the breath as he frowned at the menu.

“Hmmm...Well they aren’t like jumbo pieces. They are normal size sushi pieces...though lots of fish huh? Hrmmm…” he’d squint down at the list his hand, now steady again, moving down the list as he looked at the options. “Well there is the number 12 - provides 5 salmon Nigiri, 5 Nigiri, 5 shrimp Maki, 5 crab meat Uramaki. It gives us variety and fish. What do think?” he would ask looking up at the other not wanting to order just in case he’d have to go for a Plan B here.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:00 pm

He would offer the other a brief weary smile. “I have my reasons to kind of hate the idea of ass kissing. Pleasing others has never done me right.” Regardless, he would leave it at that comment for now, shaking his head a little before scratching at the back of it sheepishly. “To be fair…I tend to have a bit of a reputation for being blunt. Especially when people neglect to actually tell me they would rather I take a different approach.” It often didn’t occur to him, and while he was able to make focused effort if called out on it…many people simply omitted to tell him and just waited silently in hopes that he’d read their minds somehow and magically realize they didn’t appreciate his style. Well….he didn’t always catch on fast enough…

He would snort. “Being narrow-minded seems to be a common trait.”, he’d state, not having much else to add to the topic than that at the moment. You sadly can’t pluck away the weeds of society as easily as the ones in the ground. Life would be a whole lot easier if that was possible.

“Mm..”, he would hum faintly as the ‘name’ related subjects passed over, his focus soon turning towards the issues of ordering an appropriate plate. He really couldn’t say, as he had no idea about how much the other could or would eat either, making it an assumption no matter what. He would blink at first, almost seeming like he wanted to say something in regards to the sushi sizes, but then chose not to. “Works for me I guess.”
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

The young man would catch the smile before looking off the side and out the window for a moment. He would watch the drifting snow as he spoke. "Tell me about it." Was all he added before falling quiet for the moment seeming lost in thought for the moment; however, he wouldn't drift too far as his eyes returned to the other as a different topic came up.

Rika would give the other a tired smile. "I don't mind blunt at times. To be frank sometimes it is needed; however, there are other times when I find that more like...how do you put it?" He'd pause looking up at the ceiling thinking for a second and then shaking his head he'd refocus on the other. "I guess you can say adding fuel to a fire. Regardless, I am not one to sit and let something go I don't care for. So I'd let you know if it was bothering me or something." He could be unpredictable in that department...especially when he was a mood swinger. While that could be an issue, unless this topic went deeper, he would keep the conversation at basic level for now and not go any deeper than necessary with his words.  

Though it seem at the next topic he was slowly running out of words as he smirked and shook his head at the other. "Nah. Just think people choose the easiest and safest paths is all." Humanity was a strange beast. The flock like to do safe things, it was the black sheeps of the flock that challenged the rules and took more dangerous paths. In any case, it seemed that topic was dying so Rika wouldn't push it any further than it need to go just like he would let rest the 'name' topic when the other added nothing else to it.

With those topics more or less done, Rika could focus on the issue of food. He would see the blink and tilt his head wondering if the other was going to say something, but when he agreed instead, the young man would seem to relax a bit. "Alright," he said leaning back in the chair a bit just as the waitress came back with the drinks ordered. She would set the drinks down in front of their respective owner before pausing to leave the tea pot with extra tea with Rika.

Stepping back, she'd look at them asking them if they wanted to order yet. With a nod, Rika would ordered the settled upon dish making sure to leave room for the other to order anything extra.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 pm

He would half shrug. “I don’t always mind playing with fire if that’s what gets things done right.” He didn’t exactly appreciate when people got snippy at him just because he wasn’t soft and subtle enough for their liking, but whether he would back off or not depended on several criteria. Therefore he could only say so much about the matter, without it becoming a rather deep topic.

Raising an eyebrow, he would blink a bit. “Can’t say I’d consider it as that. Taking the effort to aggress others with your opinion, despite the fact that it will make them resent you doesn’t sound like taking an easy and safe path to me. You wouldn’t want to be the person trying to burn others at the stake if what you wanted is to be safe from trouble.” In some cases, yes, it did fit into the sheep mentality. The point they had brought up though…he’d think it was somewhat dangerous to act that way. Safe path was the one where you kept your extreme opinions under the carpet to avoid confrontation with others, whenever you could.

In any case….things would fall into silence for a while as orders got made, no topic in place to talk about after that. He wasn’t going to get any extra stuff, so that part would have passed by smoothly. And then they’d be alone again. He would shift somewhat awkwardly, deciding to speak up after a moment. “So…you mentioned before that people tend to leave you when you’re slow in relationships…how often do you go out and try to date though…?” Appropriate to ask or not, he was kind of curious as to how much effort the guy made when it came to the dating scene.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Rika would find himself raising an eyebrow at that one as an amused smile crossed his face. "You rather make the flame stronger and take a risk at getting burned then?" He would ask as he shifted to place some sugar in his tea before stirring it a bit. He was finding himself more intrigued by this guy than before and content. Like he was catching up with a friend he had not seen in forever. How strange.

That aside, he would hum at the next topic as he put the spoon on the napkin and picked up his cup. Holding it in his hand to let the warmth bring heat back to his hands he would look over at the other. “While that is true if you are on your own, typically people that are doing this follow a herd mentality, so they feel safe. The outsider is the one not following the flock. That is what I meant by safe and easy. This is not referring to one man army doing the same.” Unless you were an adult training a child, he could agree nothing, but trouble would come about and life would be difficult if a lone person was trying to force an idea on someone, but have the masses at your back? Then you had a force to be reckoned with.

Falling silent after that statement, Rika would take the moment to sip at his tea and give the other room to answer. As he drank a bit the warm liquid would begin to thaw him out even more. So nice, he thought as he remained relax and content in the other’s company not seeming to mind the silence that came between them as some topics were left behind. When the other shifted in his spot and asked his question.

Rika would take another swallow of his tea before placing it down again, the cup thudding softly against the table. “I’ve dated on and off in the past, but only three really stuck, but ended up in drama and other shenanigans like you wouldn’t believe. After my last relationship, I got a bad taste in my mouth for dating so I took a break from the dating scene for three years now. So you are my first in attempt in a long time. Lucky you.” He would give the other a smirk at the end showing he was just teasing with his end statement. In any case, he would become serious after a moment as he tilted his head at the other not seeming to mind the awkwardness the other displayed. He found it kind of cute, but didn’t let onto it as he spoke. “How about you?”
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 pm

He would just snort at that. "Can fire be burned with more fire?", he'd question right back, in a somewhat mysterious way. He wasn't really afraid of being burned, to be entirely honest. That happened when you were too naive to be prepared for whatever you had chosen to challenge, or simply too weak to handle it the way you 'assumed'. He thought he had a good grasp on his limits for the most part. Besides, a lot of things were also based on just how much you let it get to you personally.

Regardless, he would blink at the other as he received the comment about people following the flock, tilting his head a bit. "That's....wait so, you're claiming that the people who go out of their way to try and burn others at the stake are the majority then? I mean, I do see assholes here and there, but I didn't necessarily think that the 'main' herd is the one filled with jerk people. I just thought that being aggressive like that would put you under scrutiny from others, and thus make you exist in a somewhat dangerous position, rather than what I'd call a safe and easy nest." Or...it was also possible they have moved on with the subject already and the other was referring to different people here, but he had been kind of connecting the whole topic to what it came from. Ah well, whatever happened with that....

Regardless, he would stir his chocolate absentmindedly as the other gave him the answer in regards to dating, his brows furrowing briefly as he tried to think about the matter. "Maybe..and maybe not. I'm not one to consider myself lucky to be a target right off the bat.", he would offer the guy a sheepish smile, his teeth showing a bit. Afterwards, he would shake his head lightly though. "I normally...just avoid it. Most people who come after me are basing their interest on what they've heard about me, rumors or otherwise, and I'm not...inclined to date people who think they've got it all figured out before they've started anything for real. It doesn't end well. I've never been with anyone in a way I personally would label as serious. For several reasons. Besides, it seems that I happen to mysteriously charm people well, but they nearly always fail to see beyond their pink glasses." His experiences were far from stellar overall. A lot of people who asked him out were those that saw him here and there at school/his work stuff, plus heard things about his performances in said field...and thought he was a good catch. That's...not how it really worked though, and he had a mild distaste of people who went around dating based on how 'good' their target appeared to be from distance.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:55 am

Rika would raise an eyebrow at that one. “Not really. Though adding to fire only makes it bigger in the end. Still if you can handle it well then I suppose there is no issue,” he would say leaning back in his chair a bit as he observed the other wondering just how strong the guy was against a being that was emotionally derailed. Could he handle such a fire or would he be consumed by it? It was a question curiosity, but one he didn’t entertain for long since he wasn’t really looking to get into super deep debates off the bat. Would he mind it if that did happen? No, but he wasn’t going to be the one to start it. Though it would seem he would be the one to start confusion?

Rika would blink a few times as he processed what the other was saying before reaching back to rub his head a bit sheepishly as he chuckled. “Maht,” he would begin an odd language as he shook his head no. “It seems we approached the question from different plains. I was speaking about the masses in general and how people feel safe to do things when the masses are at their back. They conform and fear different. You on the other hand seemed to have a more focused approach taking an individual actions against the people of the world. In your case, I can agree most would not want to stick out like a sore thumb by causing trouble. It plays by the same rules as saying before. The masses gives us safety and ease while being alone and doing the same doesn’t.” Despite the confusion they were playing off of each other in different ways….or at least he thought, so. Granted he could be missing the picture here, but if he was he hoped the other would correct as was shown by his small head tilt as he studied the other and left the field open for discussion of this matter.

Well that matter aside, the next one was a bit more straightforward. To what he heard, Rika would look down at his tea a bit. “They only want to be with you due to good looks, status, or work. People only after the surface you because they think having a trophy like you will make others jealous. I suppose I can relate to being an object like that.” In fact that was one of the contributing factors that broke up the last relationship among other things. Looking back at the other though he’d return the smile with a very soft one of his own. “However, I don’t work that way. If I want someone it is because I’ve gotten to know them well and feel like they won’t be the one to break my heart in the end, you know? I don’t pick randomly. More like selectively due to the way I am.” Even in this strange situation that ruled applied.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:52 pm

He would snort faintly at that. "Not necessarily the point I was trying to make. I consider fire to be my element. What I was asking is more along the lines of 'could I get burned much if I'm already the one who generally burns others'?" So to speak, at least. The statement could even be taken both literally and metaphorically in this case, though the other wouldn't really know that. Nevertheless, he had his ways of dealing with problems, and he could quite easily flip to being more of an aggressor if it was necessary. He just generally opted to not make people run for the hills straight off the bat. He came off pretty intense as is anyway.

It still did show at times however, the next situation being a fairly good example. "I was talking about that because that was kind of the starting point of the talk. Or used to be, at least.", he would comment, before giving a slight scoff at the matter at hand, his eyes narrowing a little. "In all honesty, I can't say I quite agree with that ideology. Are masses really as safe as most want to think? The more people you surround yourself with, the higher chance somebody will betray and stab you in the back, sometimes even for the slightest deviance from said mass ideal as they choose to perceive you as a potential threat to their own peace. I personally don't feel much at ease when being a part of very big groups. Let your guard down too much, and you may pay for it.", he would shake his head with a sigh. "Besides, masses are no good on their own. That's like having a huge flock of sheep on a farm without any dog to herd them and keep them on track. Who's the leader when no-one appears to have a solid opinion of their own? I dislike the idea of being a mindless follower of a cause that doesn't even really have anyone competent in charge. All it does is breed constant chaos and confusion at the end of the day." Can you really move farther ahead in life if all you do is loiter around with faceless masses? It's a safe blanket....when your goal is to float about without really having to stand up for anything. You don't have to..because technically nobody will anyway, if it comes down to it. The only force keeping you 'in the right' is the fact that it's scary to stand against an opinion that is so widely accepted. Changing it may be next to impossible in some cases, thus you can just 'live and let live', in a way. Don't have to face anyone, and nobody is likely to want to actually face you either. That's what sheep mentality is all about after all, isn't it? Avoid strong conflict by giving up your own individuality.

All that aside, he would laugh under his breath briefly, as the topic of being seen as an 'object' came into the picture. "I...kind of have a certain reputation, I suppose. People tend to think their life would be easier if they could just have someone like me around. I don't really approve of shallow reasoning like that however." He was a bit of an odd person overall though. Paradoxical even, with the way he could seem more nervous and all one moment, but entirely confident in the next one. That said, he would blink at the next words, pausing for a brief moment to actually have a taste of his drink, setting it down with a huff afterwards. "You're still less selective than me. To be fair, I'd be more inclined to just run by the motto of 'don't want your heart broken? Don't hand it out to anyone to begin with.' It's technically the safest way there is after all." Sometimes he really liked his independence a bit too much.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:09 am

Rika’s eyes would flicker a bit with some form of emotion that was hard to read as he responded back. “Fire is powerful element, just as your personality seems to be; however, there is always a way for something to burn or bite you right where it hurts even if you think otherwise.” His words were delivered in a calm quiet way, but he wasn’t trying to challenge or ruffle the other as he simply made a clear cut point. Nothing was flawless or invulnerable. There was always an Achilles heel to be found on everyone. Just the right sort of people had to be around to find it.

Speaking of strong personalities, it would seem that the next topic changed the other from awkward to quite strong in his stance when it came to the topic they were currently talking about. “I understand where we started and I don’t think what I said was that far off the path. Perhaps a bit different from what we had in mind, but I did not forget what we were talking about. Still haven’t.” They just seemed to be on different pages there for a moment, but apparently were not anymore as the other gave his own stance on the matter of herds. As he heard the words, his eyes would narrow a bit as he observed the other quietly for a second before opening his mouth to speak.

“I agree I mindless mass is a bad thing; however, there is usually a leader of a pack when people are spreading around things and trying to influence things. You say a large group isn’t safe. That they can backstab or betray you at any time. Well, I would say in some cases that may be true, but in others it is not. Groups can be like family looking out for each other and protecting one another from what one sees as an outside threat to them. They can be a supportive ring and give you strength to push on when you cannot. Numbers can be safe because many back away from numbers and tend behave with more eyes on them. It is true they can fall into chaos and become quite the mess when disagreements within cause internal strife. They can seem like a bad thing and only good for followers who are mindless; however, I would say they have perks and can get one to places they couldn’t get to otherwise. And not all turn to fangs and claws when another decides to be different. Sometimes they accept this and let that one do as they would.” He would pause to take a sip of his tea before continuing. “Your view makes it seem like being alone is the best option in this world and if you are not, then you are mindless. Surely that is not what you are saying, yes?” While his view was probably pretty different than the other’s he always left room to learn and gain clarity from things that appeared one way, but were often something different. He didn’t assume the meaning and let it just fly and fester. No instead he poked at to see just what the other had been saying...though whether this was going to lead to a clash or not was another story. He suppose he just had to wait and see.

Whether that led to strife or not, the conversation would eventually come back to a calmer spot. To what he heard, the young man would find himself leaning forward a bit as he rested his elbows on the table and watched the other with interest. “Oh and what sort of reputation is that?” he would ask becoming more and more curious about what it was about the guy that made people seek him as a mate due to status versus personality. While he remained more or less calm and engaged, the next comment caused him to become quite a bit as his eyebrows furrowed in thought. “It is safe. I’ll give that, but it is also lonely path if you stick to it and don’t let anyone in either.” It could be rough being alone if you weren’t strong enough. Sometimes it could really hurt...however, before his mind could go any further with that, he caught the site of the waitress coming back and moved just around the time she brought the sushi platter and placed on the table. After getting the platter down she would dish out both napkins, small plates, silverware, and also the optional chopsticks if anyone wanted to use those. With the food in place, Rika would thank the waitress causing her to bow and leave them alone again.

Not phased by this, he would look at the display of food with an approving nod as he got a napkin and put it in his lap before automatically reaching for the chopsticks and working to get them broken apart. Once that was done, he’d look at the platter and choose a sushi slice closest to him to eat. As soon as he got the piece in his mouth, he would hum quite pleased. “So good,” he would whisper with a pleased smile as he worked on eating the piece he had.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Right. Well, he would half-smirk in response to that. “If that somehow happens, then I’ll find a way through it.” Perhaps his ‘solution’ to the matter could sound rather simple, but to be fair, what could one really do when they got hurt? Assuming this was meant in more of a ‘mental’ sort of pain thing, then there were two main options. Give up and wallow in said pain, or fight it down before it goes too far. He’d rather do the latter. There was always time to reflect on hurt and injustices later, once the immediate action moment has passed. And perhaps you’d even find that it wasn’t even as bad as it seemed on the spot, and you just overreacted back then.

Regardless, he would shrug as the other made the next comment. “You kind of took the topic from a different angle out of nowhere.”, he’d state, kind of just pointing out a fact. The original talk was about those who tried to ‘execute’ others, but then the guy just kind of started to speak about the side of the people who don’t aim to stick out like that, without there really being a solid transition or indication that the subject being spoken about is not the exact same one anymore.

Speaking of subjects, that one was getting a little intense there. He did indeed have half a mind to get confrontational about this, alas, he had already learned that such was a pretty bad way to approach things most of the time. He was way easy to irritate when it came to debates about opinions. It wasn’t really that he was mad or anything. In fact, it was a bit of a paradox in the end. On one hand, he had a bit of a dislike for people who went and tried to talk back to him, especially when they made it sound like they felt the need to explain a different perspective as if he didn’t even know it existed…on the other, he did also appreciate someone who wouldn’t just hide their tail between their legs the moment he got up into their face in some way. Folding his arms on the table, he would raise an eyebrow at first. “Yes mom, I totally didn’t know there was a whole other side to the matter.”. he’d comment in a sarcastic tone. Well, he didn’t intend to pick a fight here, but it was hard to resist at least poking at it if nothing else. Now then…real talk. He would offer the other an amused huff. “As for my answer…it’s a yes and no. This is an age old debate of opposite opinions. It’s like having both a cup of hot and of cold tea in front of you. Does that mean a statement about either is the true one about any tea you will encounter in the future? No, because it can be either or at any point in time. It’s simply a matter of what you yourself decide to believe more. The one who goes preaching about the safety of groups could get betrayed real hard later, while the one who chooses not to trust could pass over a good opportunity. Neither is more right or wrong at the end of the day.” He would shift to grab at his cup. “My point is simply that I personally prefer to either work by myself, or if I have to be in a group, then pick one that is smaller and doesn’t have bunches of people I don’t even know properly and can’t gauge the reliability of. It’s my way of doing things, and that’s that. I don’t intend to tell others how to do theirs, unless they’re in my way somehow.” He wasn’t going to do anything drastic about a disagreement, for as long as it did not affect him too heavily. In case it did impact him…well, he’d figure out what to do then.

That aside, he would sigh as the other asked him for clarity. “Let’s just say that I tend to end up being the one in charge of things. Therefore, many assume I could help them organize their shit. But people who just want others to take care of life for them kind of annoy me. I have my own to manage. I’m not going to hold yours together unless you’re contributing too.” There’s a difference between needing a little bit of help to ground you, and just being the lazy-ass looking for a way to live an easy life. He would hum under his breath. “Being alone doesn’t have to mean being lonely. The two aren’t tied together. It can happen, it doesn’t have to.” He wouldn’t say it was inevitable that you’d feel lonely without having a partner. Yes, those who depend on relationships to feed their own happiness certainly would, but every individual had a different personality and focus. Nevertheless, he would turn his attention to the newly arrived food afterwards. A quick once over later, he’d grab at the chopsticks, but then pause to raise an eyebrow at the other. “…that sounds rather scandalous. Should I expect you to be moaning as you eat?”
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:02 pm

“Hmph,” Rika would let out the amused sound as he observed the other quietly after the answer given. “ I see. So you are more of fighter than one to just give in. I wonder does that applies to when the odds are against you?” Sure one could fight through anything, but when you just couldn’t win could one just keep pressing forward and keep trying? Or was it best to just give up and admit defeat? He often reflected on this question, so since this one seem confident enough in the subject they examined, he wonder what sort of insight he could gain from the other if he decided to share that is.

That aside, Rika would blink a couple of times as he thought on the others words before giving a light frown as he responded. “Hmm. I think perhaps we were both on different paths to begin with and so my sudden shift to herds might’ve seem out of the blue when in reality, it wasn’t. At least for me it wasn’t.” He did go into thinking open discuss versus keeping it focused on the current thing that started it. Maybe he was too air headed sometimes. He wasn’t sure, but then again he didn’t sit and beat himself up over it either. He suppose it was just something he’d have to be more aware of if he and this one decided to have further conversations that got into the terrority of differences. Speaking of that….

The demon did take notice of the silence that came after he had gone on his explanation and when he got a response back, he would find himself watching the other with a even gaze as he debated just how to react to this sarcasm he heard. It was true he could’ve taken offense and snapped, but not wanting to start drama or anything like that, he would tilt his head at the other as a smirk crossed his lips. “Look here smartass, if you didn’t want to get into opinions you could’ve just said so you know?” His words were slightly playful, but there was a tone underneath that suggested that while he was letting it slide this time in another situation where the demon’s mode not be so forgiving it could start a fire clash. It was a small flare of intensity that was well controlled by the young who knew what would happen when if got out of control. Besides, if he couldn’t take a little bit of rough poking than what was all his hard work to get to this point for anyway?

Hoping that didn’t blow out portion, the young man would become quiet as he drank a bit of his tea and listened to the rest of what was said. Surprisingly enough he wouldn’t say much in return as he sat his tea cup down and observed the remaining liquid with a thoughtful express. “I see.” Was all he would get out although he didn’t seem angered or anything just contemplative about the whole matter. Maybe he was just trying to absorb what he learned versus trying to find a way to counter it. Not like he was trying to win a debate here anyway. He was simply having a discussion about a rather tricky subject is all. Despite his short answer, he wasn’t shutting door to the matter, but rather just letting it go where it would until the next subject came up.

“I know that’s right. If I am gonna bust my ass you better do something to. While I am not always in charge, I do have the tendency to snap at people slacking off when they shouldn’t be.” It was kind of rage inducing when you slave away on something everyone needed to work on and everyone else was just sitting around twiddling their thumbs. He might take it for a bit, but in the end he had very low tolerance for that sort of behavior. As for that statement about being alone….

Rika would give the other a sideways glance his eyes narrowing slightly as he considered something before looking away and towards the window. “I suppose it you are right in a way, but in the end I think it boils down to just how comfortable a person is with themselves and the idea of being alone. Sometimes being alone is too much and will crush you. Loneliness only increases the rate of decay.” He would say closing his eyes for a moment seeming lost in thought for a moment. However, he would come back around just in time for food and when he began to eat and enjoy that sushi, he would find himself knocked out of the enjoyment by the other.

His eyes would widen slightly as he blinked a bit confused. Swallowing, he would he would shake his head a bit. “No. I am not gonna moan. Jeez, I can’t enjoy my food now?" he would say seeming to try to play it off, but there was a hint of blush on his cheeks suggesting that jab might’ve gone a bit than one thought.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:21 pm

“Mmm.”, he would make an absentminded sound there. “Well, there’s two ways to go about that. Let the person win in that scenario and find a different route to success while they bask in their win…or be that person who doesn’t know when to quit. I find both can come to be quite effective, depending on what you’re more willing to leave behind. Your pride, or a perfect state of wellbeing.” Assuming you were resilient, you might be able to make the other side just rage quit and leave even if the odds were initially on their side. It was often a question of willpower and who had the most of it to throw around.

He would scratch his cheek a bit. “…It isn’t that I think it was too out of place. I just didn’t quite notice you changed the subject. It’s more the fact that you gave little indication you were focusing on a different matter with that one.” He did understand what the other was saying. It just happened to confuse him a little, as the guy didn’t state the subject of the explanations was suddenly different, and thus he got stuck not being sure if the other was actually claiming that the rude people were being like that, or if it was about something else already. Nevertheless, what happened, happened. Moving on further, he would snort briefly at the response to his sarcastic jab. “Well dear, I do appreciate your concerns, but sadly, I think if I were to preemptively list all the things I don’t like ahead of time just in case they were about to happen a few seconds later, we’d be sitting here for a long time. I can’t predict what you’re about to say or do next until it has…already happened.” With that said though, he would adopt a more laid-back tone. “Regardless, I have no problem with opinions. I just sometimes find it a little arbitrary for one to quickly jump to defend an opposite side of a matter when an opinion is stated. Solely because it’s almost guaranteed they have considered it in the past already, and aren’t about to change their mind no matter how you point out the benefits of the opposite.” He would pause momentarily to take a sip of his drink. “Your delivery sounded a little like you were trying to show me my ideas weren’t really what I thought they were, that’s all. I was joking either way. I do wonder though, is what you’ve said what you believe in yourself?” He was mostly curious at this point, to be honest.

That said, he would let the guy not respond back to his explanation for now, as he wasn’t necessarily trying to argue either. If that had been his goal, he wouldn’t have acknowledged the validity of all opinions to begin with. Anyway….”Well I don- Uh, I mean, I guess I wouldn’t consider myself to snap at people much in that situation. Warn them perhaps, but the choice is theirs in the end. You can slack off if that is what you desire, but then you lose the right to come whining that you want the same rewards and recognition as those who did pull their weight. It’s quite simple. You get what you deserve. It’s less frustrating than getting angry at them constantly for not working. Just don’t give them anything, and they’ll quickly realize slacking won’t earn them a living.” Many wouldn’t really listen to anger outburst anyway, and just try to slack off whenever you weren’t looking at them instead. Or such. Wasting time on disciplining them for naught was never fun. It felt more satisfying to see their expressions when they found out their hands were empty at the end of it all, because they didn’t earn anything.

He would give a short laugh at the topic of loneliness. “We all die in time anyway. I find it more crushing to have to tolerate people, as there are too many one just…won’t get along with properly. I’d rather be alone and in control of my own shit than constantly haggle with people around me. I suppose a good company is nice at times, but I never really hinged on that.” The line between a helpful company and a restrictive one could be extremely thin at times. The moment there’s more than one person, there’s also a need to accommodate for two or more different lifestyles.

“…you can, but I’m sure you’re aware how it comes off when you also feel the need to make the world know just how much eating said food pleases you.” Emphasis on the pleasing, really. Still, he would shake his head in amusement at the matter as he went to pick up a piece of sushi himself.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Rika would find watching the other quietly, his eyes narrowing the slightest bit as if he was trying to determine if what was before him was real or not. The look would only last a while before the guy was nodding. “I suppose if you look at it that then there is no room for simply giving up and submitting. Interesting.” The last word would come out as a soft mutter as crimson eyes lowered and looked to the side in thought for a bit.

Rika would remain this way for a while only pulling himself out of his thoughts when the subject changed to well properly changing the subject in conversation. “Hmmm,” RIka would begin with a small frown of thought. “I suppose I could do better at being clearer versus just assuming we are already on the same page.” He honestly didn’t see the problem with what he had done, but if he had come off confusing to the other then perhaps there was a certain way he needed to speak to make sure they were on the same page more or less. That confusing matter aside though it seems that they would go into the realm of nipping a bit. Not in a way to harm, but nipping nonetheless as sarcasm somehow got in the mix. To what he heard Rika would smirk. “While that is true, my love. You can always find a different way to express your dislike for something versus snapping with sarcasm you know?” Sometimes a different tact was better, even more in Rika’s case considering how he could be. This one got lucky his mood did not decide to shift into something a lot worse at the remark. While the moment was intense, Rika would relax when the other took a more laid-back tone. He would literally shift slightly in his seat and lean back as he listened back in a chilled state. As for what was said and poked at, Rika would fold his arms looking up at the ceiling in thought as he hummed.

“I suppose my delivery was a bit heavy handed, even more so when I discuss opposites sides. As far as believing in myself, well I have observed many things and from those observations, what I said seems to ring true. While it is true I was explaining an opposite side, I wasn’t trying to point out your side being wrong. Neither view is the absolute and to be frank they kind of blend together.” He’d pause to take a breath. “As for joking about,” he would sigh as he shook his head looking down a bit. “I am fine with it, but at the same time I am not going to be sugary sweet if I don't care for the joke. Much less if it is sarcasm.” He was pretty good at handling different speech flows thanks to work; however, he had a limit to just how much abuse he could handle in one day joke or otherwise.

In any case, it seemed that despite having a small response to the next subject the other let him slide for now, a surprise considering others may have poked at the matter further. He suppose the other just wasn’t interested in continuing or maybe like him had given it a rest to just simmer for now. As for the following subject. Rika would shake his head.

“It kind of irks me when I am working and others are slacking off. My snapping is trying to get them back on track, but I won’t do it for long I must admit that. If I do run into one of those talking to the wall situations, I do one of two things do my part and let their stuff fall to shit or do double duty and pick of their slack and reap a bigger reward. It all depends on how cruel I want to be and whether or not something falling through the cracks is going to harm me too.” Sometimes even on a reward system, people still didn’t pick up the slack. They just grumbled more and moved elsewhere or complained so much a weaker person in charge may pay them anyway. The business world was strange. Even more so when you were in a company that was twisted from the beginning.

As for the next topic, Rika would tilt his head a bit as he blinked at the other. “Soo...if you prefer not to have people around and like to be in control...wouldn’t that conflict with what I asked about outside? I mean if you go out with someone they’d naturally be around more...but you don’t want that?” He wasn’t hurt or being dramatic with this one as he looked at the other curiously. Maybe he was misunderstanding what the other said, but still it made him wonder just how independent and lone wolfish this one was.

Letting that go where it would, it would seem that in time food would come and with it unexpected shenanigans. Shaking his head and frowning a bit, Rika would respond back. “I-I didn’t let the whole world know. I whispered that and I didn’t smiling a bit while eating was that bad.” He was blushing even more now as he tried his best to get this under control. How was it this one was making him like this? He’d never been effected like this before by other dates making a stab at him for something he did. And would you look at that?! The guy was amused at this!

Taking a moment to calm again, Rika would eventually shift to get another piece and pop into his mouth this time remaining quiet as he looked down at the table chewing and seeming a quite flustered by the ordeal. W-What did this guy know anyway, right?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 am

He would shrug lightly. “If I’m not wrong, why would I anyway?” He didn’t like being walked over for the most part, and giving up in the face of somebody who was just throwing a tantrum or such would hardly help the matter at all.

“Do as you will. I was just saying.” To be fair, a lot of interaction tended to hinge on assuming, and eliminating that entirely would make it a whole lot complicated just to carry out a fairly simple exchange. He probably didn’t need that in his life. In any case, at the next statement, he would raise an eyebrow with a low cough sound. “To be fair, you got the better end of the stick there. I could have just gotten in your face about it, and I doubt you would have enjoyed that.” There were far worse reactions he could come up with than a little bit of sarcasm. If nothing else, that was harmless as long as it didn’t get taken too out of proportion.

“Well, I have my reasons to think the world isn’t as sweet, but I suppose to each their own.”, he would just huff lightly. Yes, sometimes people let you do things or even helped you…but there was also the motivation behind it. They may have just not cared because it wouldn’t affect them. Or they supported you only because it would benefit them as well in that situation. People were often self-serving first and other things second. Only a small margin comprised of people who stood by you simply because they actually cared about you enough to do that. Even kindness was often not necessarily what it seemed to be on the surface. Regardless, he would blink when the other commented on jokes. “…I guess that’s too bad? I mean, I would think jokes are the smaller issue when compared to the chance of someone biting you really badly by just getting mad or the like. I don’t even think that sarcasm is always meant to harm to begin with. Maybe it’d help if you didn’t think of it as an attack or the like right off he bat. It’s called a joke for a reason. You don’t get biting at people for normal statements in conversation just because you don’t care for what they said, right? Why’s a joke judged differently right away?” He honestly didn’t see that as a form of abuse? Unless of course the person refused to stop and kept jabbing. Then yes, it could have that intent. That was something to gauge though, rather than labeling every comment of that type as a negative thing meaning-wise. Besides, you can always ask them to stop politely first, if nothing else.

He would rest one hand on his chin with a faint hum as the matter of people slacking off came about. “I’ve come to the point where I just don’t bother giving them much attention. I do what I need to, to make sure that everything gets done properly in the end. If I need to, I will take on extra work. The people who don’t do anything will get fucked over by the system eventually. I can’t really afford to constantly waste time I could use on doing the work just to go cracking people’s skulls apart for disobedience. Besides, that kind of depends on your position too. Unless you’re the big boss, it may just be better to file a complaint to whoever is in charge of it all. They’ll dole out a more lasting punishment than you ever could just by harassing them constantly.” At some point, it only becomes an inconvenience to you to be constantly straying from your own task just to yell at others. Plus, it was pretty tiring too. And if he were stuck in a place that didn’t care because shady tactics or such? He was not the person to take that. He’d likely just find himself a different job as soon as possible. No thank you.

Regardless, he would scratch his cheek with a sigh. “Yes…and no? I won’t deny that a part of my reason to not date left and right is in fact me not wanting to be stuck with someone new endlessly. I don’t hate people though. I would say it comes down to how I get along with them. The whole world spins on that anyway. You won’t stick for too long to someone who doesn’t have anything to offer you in return.” In some way or form, at least. Relationships did go both ways after all, and both sides needed to put in a certain amount of effort and dedication into making it work as well as last.

He would snort. “That doesn’t quite change the fact that you’re apparently melting over your food enough to have to verbalize it somehow.” Yes, he did find this mildly funny. For the moment though, he would leave it at that in favor of eating a piece himself.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 pm

“Mmm. Fight for your own rights…” Rika would mumble as he watched the other for a moment before nodding. He didn’t say much else to the matter and didn’t seem to be going into explaining his words without further proding. So letting that go where it would, the young man would let it pass from fighting to speech and jokes apparently.

To the first comment he wouldn’t say for there was nothing else to add onto that; however, the next comment did get him to part his lips a bit. “I prefer to not have that happen, but if it did I suppose I would just have to deal with it like it or not.” There was not much else one could do if the other side decided to blow up over something. Anyway, to the next comment Rika would tilt his head to the side as he tapped his lip a bit with his chopsticks in thought. “Mmm. No it is not sweet. I’d say bittersweet.” And sometimes worse or better than that depending on what aspect of the world you were viewing. Speaking of views, it seems their views on sarcasm got them in a bit of a pickle.

Rika would hum as he rested his chopsticks on the plate a bit as he let his hands slide into his lap as he shook his head. “It is not that I am judging a joke differently than a random statement. It’s just...ever time sarcasm has been thrown at me, it was always used to harm in some way. So even if I recognize as a joke, I am not going to react to it in the same as I would a joke delivered with out. I am not used to it being used in joking fashion. I apologize….If that is the way you speak and joke around, then perhaps this is just a lesson to me I need to be open to sarcasm being used in another fashion.” It was instinct to get ruffled and prepare to defend himself. He didn’t see his action as wrong at first, but it did make him feel a bit uncomfortable when the guy pointed out how he viewed the matter. He just hoped the guy understood what he meant and didn’t take as a cue that he couldn’t handle this at a sarcastic joke at all. He just had to make himself more open to it is all. A thing in this case which would take some focus if he wanted to avoid a clash over this.

That one aside, he would finding himself smirking slightly at the other as he leaned his head against his hand, his fingers entwined with his hair a bit as he observed the other amused. “I like your thinking and envy it at the same time. I think if I could think like you do in some case, I could shed so much stress.” He honestly could if his mind auto logicked like that versus getting frustrated and trying to get people to move without having to go to upper management off the bat. Was it tiring? Oh yes, but he guess he always tried to make do better whether it was just coworkers or not. He just wanted fairness and betterment...perhaps in a way he fought because of that until he just gave up on the matter cause no one was listening. Who knew?

Moving pass that though, Rika would pick up his chopsticks again looking over at the other as he spoke about being with another. “Hmm. I can see some points, but what do you mean by “having something to offer”? What is it you seek to stick around someone?” he would ask the questions in a casual tone a habit he had from dealing with his patients, but also to show he wasn’t demanding an answer. He was giving the guy the choice to answer or not with no pressure or strings attached. If he wished to share fine. If not, that was okay too. Either way he’d let that topic flow as it would. However the next topic was something he honestly wanted to go through floor for.

As the guy kept picking at the matter of his words, Rika could not stop his face from burning or remaining red in color. Swallowing the piece he was on, he would furrow his brows as he concentrated on picking up another piece. “Alright, alright. Your point is proven now leave me alone about.” He would say as he ate the sushi looking off to the side with a slight pout as he chewed...and yet his words weren’t biting. Just grumbly. More like someone that was embarrassed, but trying to hold on despite being teased to death about a matter.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum