The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title Empty An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title

Post by Rika Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 pm

It was a miracle that he was able to get himself to go forward with the date. He was still feeling a little nerve wrecked from the event that happened last night and what he was about to do. While it was true the other had comforted him, he still couldn’t stop feeling guilty that he had let that side of him show. He didn’t understand why he did that. He usually kept that self to himself, but somehow after not even a day of being with the guy, he felt he could lean on the guy. It was very weird, confusing, sickening and wonderful at once.

It made it hard for him to figure out just what he was feeling, but he suppose it was good considering that one he was still going along with the date and two he was actually letting a bit of himself he typically kept hidden show today.

After his last patient, Rika got on his bike and followed the direction given to him by the GPS to get to Sharaku’s home. Parking his bike in the designated spot, he got off and look around his surroundings. He’d take in the details to get it to stick better as he drifted along the path until he found the correct door. Double checking his phone to make sure he was where he needed to be, he’d take a deep breath and knock on the door. Staying where he was he’d wait for the other to open the door, his mismatched eyes glancing around the area from under black locks of hair.

The Look:
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title Empty Re: An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title

Post by Sharaku Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:10 pm

If the other was paying attention, he'd be able to hear more knocking sounds in response, as if there was an echo from the inside somehow. Said sounds would be followed by something vaguely resembling a muffled 'geez', before there was a minute of silence. Eventually though, the door would crack open, the taller man sticking his head out briefly, giving his visitor a blink. "Oh, hey. Mind waiting a second? I'll be right there.", he'd get out somewhat gruffly, with sounds of flapping coming from somewhere in the background. With that said, he would shut the door again, finally reappearing about 5 minutes later, this time walking out and closing said door behind him.

"There. All ready to go.", he'd glance towards his companion. "Doing well today?"

Me too:
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title Empty Re: An Artsy Date with a Not So Artsy Title

Post by Rika Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm

To the sound he heard, Rika would blink a few times as he stared at the door for a few seconds. Did he really hear that or was he imagining things. He wasn't sure, but maybe not since it seemed that someone was talking on the other side.

Pushing that aside, he would look up at the other as he poked his head out and give a nod. "Yeah sure," he would respond taking note of the sounds before the other disappeared. Drifting to a wall across from the other's apartment, he'd lean against it and stare quietly down the hallway until the sound of the door reopening drew his attention back to the other, his eyes taking in the outfit the other wore.

"You look nice," he would say pushing himself off the wall and moving so he could move with the other as he nodded a bit at the other's first comment. "I am alright. How about you?" he would ask as he looked up at the other with a soft smile.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:28 pm

"Good, because getting ready took long enough.", he'd remark, a somewhat humorous tone in his voice. No really though, you try dressing up with a bird refusing to sit anywhere else besides on your head. It takes a certain amount of skill to accomplish that task. He would wave a hand. "Good enough.", he'd state, blinking down at the other a few times as they moved to walk. "Say, what's up with the color change?" It would be hard to not notice the different eye color after all.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Rika would raise an eyebrow at the comment as he tilted his head a bit. "Oh? Is that because of your winged roommate?" He had heard wings after all though what it belonged to exactly was a mystery. While common sense said bird, he recalled the other saying he was not a normal human so maybe he had something different. Probably a huge maybe there, but that debate was not for now.

"That is always good to hear," Rika would say as he fell in step with the other glancing up at the taller male when he asked about his eyes. "You said...you didn't mind what I was, so I figured this revealing my natural eye color would be okay." Besides some people got weirder out when eyes were different colors, especially when they were an odd combo such as his -- one deep green and the other an aquamarine or turquoise color. At least he could test a bit what would weird the other out or not.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:46 pm

He would scratch his head slightly. "You heard that? Well yes, you could say so." There was no point in trying to lie about that. It's not like it was a crime to have pets after all. In any case, he would chuckle faintly with a shake of his head. "Actually, I like green eyes more than red, so I approve of this.", he'd smirk at the other thinly. "Though, this means other people will see it too, no?" They were heading out and all, so there would be crowds of people. Therefore, it wouldn't be just him seeing this unusual appearance quirk.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 pm

"Yeah I did," he would say with the small smile still in play before it faded a bit as he tilted his head. "Though I also heard a knocking sound too from inside right after I had knocked, so it makes me wonder what else you had in there." It was a bit odd after all.

That aside though, Rika would find himself looking down with a shy smile. "I am glad...you are okay with this," he would begin before nodding at the other. "Yes... Others will see it too...but that is okay. I kind of need that to happen in a way." It was true his eyes were odd and would probably get looks and questions just like they used to once upon a time....
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Oh yes, that. He would snort lightly. "Nothing. Just one overexcited bird that likes to copy sounds." Among other things. Well, at least he had back up in case he failed to hear the original knocking? You can never know, right? "Mmmm, why wouldn't I be? It's just eye color in the end. Not the end of the world, unless you had death lasers instead of eyes. Now that would be a case for potential worry." Even with preferences and all that, one's eye color was hardly grounds for being mad. It'd be a rather petty thing to get at.

He'd blink somewhat curiously. "You do? Am I missing something here?" Why would the other need that to happen? Was he planning on doing some bigger reveals or?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Ah a bird it was then. Alright. Rika would chuckle a bit. "Seems like an interesting companion to have. Is it a parrot?" That was the only bird that could copy sounds and talk without issue that could be kept as a pet right? Hmmm...he wish he knew the answer. Ah well not important.

"No I don't have death laser or the stoning stare to worry about. If I did I don't know what I would probably keep myself blinded in some way to keep from hurting others. Regardless, I was just a bit nervous is all. Some people get a bit uneasy or freaked out when dealing with non-matching eyes." Especially ones as odd as his.

Speaking of that....

"...Yeah. I do," he would say before taking a breath and speaking again. "After hiding my natural eye color for 6 years, I think the due date for me to just be me again is way overdue." Even if it was weird as hell after all this time.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:49 am

"Yes. An African grey parrot." Well, you could probably attempt to tame other kinds of birds, but the law might have a problem with that. Besides, in the end parrots were still the only kind that could speak and do things like that.

He'd raise an eyebrow. "People are weird these days. It is uncommon, but it does happen. There should be no need to freak out about something like that. That's like people gawking at me for how tall I am. It's like the concept of a person a little out of the norm is a miracle or something.", he'd shake his head. Honestly, people like that could be annoying. "6 years? Why did you do that?" Wouldn't that make it awkward now, for people who have known the guy for a while?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:09 am

"An African Grey. That is pretty one." He had seen pictures of the mostly grey bird with a splash of red on its tail feathers. It was quite the looker though he had no idea how life was like with one. Being on the side of dogs or cats or something vastly different, he could only imagine what it was like.

"Yeah. It seems that way, but I still get a nervous about doing something different." Maybe it was just him or something. He just couldn't helping people were going to judge him or something. It was strange really. Speaking of strange, yes 6 years was an odd time to hide his natural eye color as for the reason why....

Rika would sigh softly at that one as he looked down. "Bad influence. Let's leave it at that," he would say his voice quiet and his body language tense suggesting there was more to the story than that, but perhaps it was something he just didn't want to talk about at the moment.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:08 pm

"People like to give odd looks to whatever is different. I like to think they're probably just jealous they aren't unique themselves though.", he would shrug lightly. Was it worth it to hide things and then be just a part of the sheep flock like the majority of people? Guess with the way things were, being different meant being the black sheep, but what can one do about that?

He would frown a little. "Well, we can't have that, can we? Should I go bite someone for you?", he'd ask, his tone mostly light, suggesting that he wasn't as serious as he was just trying to lighten up the mood. Nevertheless, he would shake his head slightly, as he moved an arm in an attempt to hold the other's hand. "Anyway, hope you didn't have a hard time finding this place?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:50 pm

"I never thought of it in that fashion." To think that someone was jealous of someone as plain and boring as him was laughable to be frank, but he suppose now a days anything was a trigger for unwanted hate. Such a strange world really.

That aside, Rika would remain tense as he spoke his words, his mind working through the emotion as he just did his best to breathe and try to relax. As he was doing this something unexpected happened. Sharaku...

Rika would hear his words and look up at him a bit surprised as he tilted his head. "Would you actually do that for me?" he would ask curious, but then shaking his head and looking away he'd smile. "No. I believe that someone has been pinned good enough by others," the demon would say with as he released a breath relaxing a bit as he continued to walk.

When the other reached for his hand, he let him grab it, but it took a second of hesitation before his pale fingers shifted to interlace with the others. Giving a faint snort, he'd answer the question. "I got turned around here and there, but in the end found it easily enough. GPS does wonders you know?" he would say as he looked up at the other with a warm smile.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:10 pm

"I think it's sometimes true. Besides, not like their opinion is a fact, so all it does is show that they're rude." You can always comment on someone's looks/actions without it looking/sounding like an insult, but if you can't even be bothered to do that, then it says a lot. He'd huff in mild amusement. "I don't mind teaching people a lesson if need be. Though if you say it's not necessary...." He was a good enough fighter and all, so he wasn't greatly worried, and even less if his opponent was just an average human.

"Mmmm.", he'd hum under his breath faintly as he held the other's hand. "Sounds like a handy thing to have, yes." He usually did not use GPS, but then again, how often did he go to obscure places he couldn't find by himself? "So...what was it that you wanted to talk about face to face before?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:51 am

"Does that even apply to the plain and the boring like myself?" Rika would ask looking up at the other with a small smile. He had to wonder to be frank. There was nothing that he could see that others should be jealous of. He was just a guy getting by in life with so many issues upstairs he probably should be submitted somewhere even if he did seem to function on the surface. He was a walking contradiction of what he showed outside and how he really was. Why would anyone be jealous of that?

"Hmmm. I see. Well that good to know," Rika would begin in his usual soft tones as his eyes watched the pathway ahead. He was quiet for a moment to before he responded to the last part of the comment. "I'll put it like this. That someone is locked away, so unless you are planning to break into a jail I don't think you can be teaching any lessons." He would say with a smile, but his eyes suggested there was something deeper going on there. Something uncomfortable for him; however, he said what he said so he'd face whatever was to come out of it.

That matter aside though, he would give a light "mhm" in response to the GPS issue his mind finding a content spot as he held the other's hand; however, contentment would be shaken a little when the other posed his question.

"Ah that." Rika would look up at the other. "I wanted to talk a more about the issue of demons. I understand mum already let the cat out of the bag much sooner than I wished for it to come out, but now that is out there, I suppose what I really want to know is how does it make you feel for real and how is it that you seemed not to freak out when they were brought up. I know you already answered some of that the night before, but I want more of an elaboration on your view and knowledge. Do you mind doing that?"
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:36 am

"That's what you say, but if your were really as boring as that, wouldn't everyone just ignore you all the time because you weren't worth the attention? It doesn't seem like you appear invisible to me." Besides, everyone's perception was their own. What may be boring for one person, could be endlessly interesting for another. Difference in interest and all that.

He'd frown faintly. "Well no, I don't really want to get arrested myself.", he'd remark, leaving it at that for now, as he pondered the subject silently in his mind. He kind of wanted to ask further, but he also didn't want this hang out to get too sour already. Hm, maybe next time.

He'd snort with a shake of his head. "Blame her for not bothering to hide. I figured things out because rabbit ears and all are not quite a normal thing." He wasn't fooled that easily. "Regardless, I don't have much to say there. I don't make much of a difference between humans and demons. I will bite the rude ones, sure, but outside of that, it's kind of whatever to me. Who you are matters more than what you are, in terms of maintaining any kind of relationship.", he would pause for a bit, glancing about to see whether anyone was watching them or not, before waving his free hand in front of the other's face. "This...", he would state as his hand burst into flickering blue flames, "...is my answer to the latter part. I'm a little more involved with demons than you would expect." Or well, more than any normal person would expect out of a random human.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:09 pm

"That is a good question, but I wonder if people pay attention out of having to get help or being pilot or whatever society dictates versus what they really want. People at times seem to follow the system more often than not. What if it is so ingrained within not to ignore that even if we wanted to we could not?" Rika would ask his tone calm and contemplative vs. upset or negative suggesting he was leaving the subject open.

"That would be a sad fate," Rika would say with the strange emotion reflected in his eyes dying out a bit as he blinked and looked away as relief flooded him. He....was glad the other didn't pick further. He didn't want to get into that matter and honestly wasn't sure if he even could. That matter was a sensitive issue and while there was a lot attracting him to the guy right now, he wasn't sure if he was even ready to trust someone with that or to relieve it. Perhaps if he knew the guy better yes. Hmm well at least what the guy did got him some points of respect and trust now, so that was a plus.

"Heh. She's never hide her odd traits before, but then again she didn't need to. Most humans buy whatever story she can make up as far as they being part of a costume. I am assuming you didn't buy it and thus the conversation. Still, I wish she could've just let me tell you myself," he would grumble with a shake of his head. He...honestly didn't know why she just did things like that and didn't stop to consider maybe she shouldn't. He never really got that part of her. With a sigh, he'd push that minor annoyance aside as he nod at the other. "That is good to hear and know. It definitely takes some of the weight of worry off." He would begin before becoming silent and blinking as he watched the other's strange behavior and what came next.

Unlike Merk who was hesitant, when Rika saw the fire he'd would stop walking as his eyes snapped to the flames with an intense stare. He would watch the flame for a bit before slowly raising his hand his fingers curving slightly as they pressed together like a paw.

He would raise that hand and much like a cat, he would move his hand towards the fire. He wouldn't touch it at first bring that hand dangerously close to the fire probably testing the heat before moving it away and repeating the action this time actually batting at the flame before snatching his hand away and examining it for burns.

He didn't see any and he didn't feel pain, so...he was on the edge of batting it again, but then catching himself he'd blink as he shook his head and let that hand drop quickly to his side as he looked away, his face turning a bit red as he did. "I-I see. So that is what you meant by not being a normal human," he would begin trying to recover from what he had just done. Geez...instincts.

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:26 pm

He'd half shrug a shoulder at that. "Some people maybe, but I doubt everyone just follows. I can ignore people all day long if it's what I choose to do. I've met plenty rude people who didn't hesitate showing they weren't interested in the slightest as well. I don't think it's that hard to not bother." He honestly didn't see that as a challenge at all. Why would he engage just to fit in? If it was important as in for a job or such, then yes, he could play the game, but just casually when there were no consequences? Ehhhh, what for? Being the same as those around him didn't necessarily give him a sense of satisfaction anyway. Whatever.

"Jails suck." Yeesh, he would not want such an experience unless there was for some reason no other way. He didn't really do any criminal things though, so it was unlikely for him to get into such a situation to begin with. Then again, sometimes demon things could bring about questionable circumstances, but that was not something he really wanted to think about right then and there.

He'd snort. "Of course I wouldn't buy that. There's a certain sort of realism that a costume can't do. Besides, a bar owner doing such a silly thing alone is enough to raise questions." Usually, people high up wanted to seem respectable, and dressing in animal costumes could easily be seen as rather childish. It would reason that there was probably more behind it than just a cute whim. Unless you were a person who didn't care that they might seem like they aren't taking their own job seriously enough. "Though, at least it's out of the way early and no one can complain about potential lies?" He had no idea how long the guy planned to wait before telling him, but that was kind of important information. Even if he didn't have a problem with demons, it was only fair to know that he was in fact involved with one.

Regardless, he would watch the somewhat odd reaction, keeping his hand still in place for the moment, blinking a few times. "You like flames?", he'd question without really thinking about it, before shaking his head slightly. "Well yes, I'm a little out of the box, clearly."
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:02 pm

“That is true of reality in some regards, but I find myself questioning that concept more than once. I always poke at the idea of why they do it. Is because I am a source of help for them? Is it society’s rules and feeling obligated? What makes someone interact with me when in the end they could very well ignore.” Rika would look up at the other with an apologetic smile. “I dig like that for answers that probably don’t exist or need to.” Still he had to wonder if it was so easy as the other said, then why more often than not he was not ignored. Was he doing something to attract attention in life? Curious.

That chaos aside, he would hum at the next one. “It doesn’t seem like a pleasant place to be.” He could agree there, but outside of that he didn’t even want to think of what life was like there. It was not a good thought to linger on, especially not today when things were supposed to be fun.

“Hmph. You catch onto things most don’t. I can see it would be hard to fool you. Though I don’t think what she does is silly for you see she isn’t doing it for fun, she does it because she simply doesn’t care about sticking out like that. I guess its way to display she likes her own skin, but doesn’t necessarily have to tell everyone in the world what she really is. She can be a bit...how do I put it? Confusing sometimes.” She really was. Maybe that was her specialty though outside of being tough as nails. It was hard to say.

“Well yes. It is out of the way and now there is nothing on that front to hide. To be frank though, I was actually hoping to talk with you about that today. I considered our interaction carefully and decided that it was probably best for you to know that truth. See what a nice catch such as you would do about it,” he would say looking the other up and down a bit with a playful smirk. He didn’t just tell anyone about this and while it did take him longer than this to make up his mind, something in about the guy made it easy for him to decide he wanted to take this experiment pretty seriously and so he thought to open up on that off the bat. It was truly disappointing he couldn’t do it himself though. Ah well. It was done so no use complaining about it.

Speaking of doing things, when the fire came into play and he was questioned about his actions Rika would find himself looking down as he tried to hide that redness on his face. “I...did it out of curiosity and habit. It is my way of exploring things when I am able to be more me. I guess I forgot where I was and just did it without thinking.” It was odd, but then again….maybe he was just that comfortable with the other. Hmm he wasn’t sure about that one, quite yet. He’d have to figure it out along with other things. Anyway, he’d eventually pull himself together as he gave the other a shy smile. “You are most definitely not. How long have you known about us demons? How did you discover us?”

Last edited by Rika on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:27 pm

"Orrrrr maybe they just feel like it or want to. It doesn't always have to be obligation. People are social creatures at the end of the day. Most would go insane without any sort of contact with others for too long. How long could you go without engaging anybody at all?" Personally, he wasn't much for a lot of social contact, but even then, it's not like he stayed locked up in his home and never had any communication with another person, whether face to face or written. It'd get boring sooner or later, depending on how much one likes the companionship. He would hum. "The answers to such questions usually depend on perspective, to be honest." There was no one solid truth to be found, as everyone probably had their own reasons to be doing what they were doing.

"No...what I really mean is that it can come off silly to others, whether she means it to or not. I mean, how would you feel for example if you walked into court and the judge had a doggy costume on? Owners and people high up in general are typically not the ones to look too off, and can get a lot of judgment if they do." It's not what you expect, and can at times make you question what kind of person you're dealing with before knowing them at all. They say to not judge a book by its cover, but first impressions were always important anyway. There's too many people in the world for one to be able to know everyone in depth. So the first factor was your impression of them, which would make you decide whether you'd go further at all.

He would raise an eyebrow before sticking his tongue out briefly. "Well, we are now, so it's all according to plan from now on....I guess?" Yes? No? Maybe? He had no idea, but it didn't seem like there was any serious harm done in the end. Besides, he would have reacted pretty calmly anyway, even if the guy was the one to tell him about it. He had no reason to freak out about it.

He'd wiggle his hand a bit. "You're acting like a cute pet...so wait, what kind of a demon are you even?" Despite what the guy's apparent mom was, he didn't really come off much like a bunny himself, so he kinda had to ask to be sure what was he even dealing with. Nevertheless, his expression would flip to a mild frown at the questioning. "About....10 years or so?", he'd sigh. "It's a complicated story. Let's just say a demon saved my life once, and it went from there." It was a tricky thing to talk about.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Rika would close his eyes amused at this. “Yes. Humans are social beings and I suppose we demons are too.” He would reopen his eyes as he considered the question. “Being isolated with no one around? I can last a longer than some.” Thanks to way he grew up that is. It was a painful truth and while he didn’t particularly like his past or talking about it he saw no need to beat around the bush with it either so he spoke the truth without going into details unless poked about it. “You believe there is some form of answers to the wandering thoughts then?” he would ask, curious about what else the other would say in regards to this.

As for that other topic, Rika would find himself chuckling a bit. “I can see your point, but to answer your question I don’t judge by what I see. If someone can get away dressed something silly and still be in a seat of power, then I’d still be concerned about what they can and cannot do. Even more so if someone didn’t either fire them or tell them no about the dress wear deemed as silly or inappropriate.” It was true looks carried a lot of meaning and such, but at the same time one would have to wonder many things beyond the look if someone was in power and dressed oddly no?

“Heh,” Rika’s smirk would only get a bit bigger as his eyes narrowed with joy as he watched the other stick out his tongue. “Plans. I guess we’ll see how according to plan it ends up going in the end won’t we?” He’d give the other a mischievous look mostly joking around and just enjoying himself at the moment.

Though enjoyment would turn to focus as the other wiggled his fingers and in turn the flames, watching them move he’d take a moment to register what was just said before he was closing his eyes a bit as he blushed even more.

“I am not a pet….” he’d manage to get out before taking a breath to steady himself enough to answer the other’s question in a rather unconventional way. Instead of words, he’d look up at the other for a moment before checking their surroundings for eyes. When he saw none, he’d step closer to other and rub his head against the other’s arm, his eyes closing as he released a soft, but audible purr. After a while he’d stop as he looked up at the other with his strange eyes unblinking. “Hint enough?” he’d ask as he watch the other to see his response. Well wherever that went, the demon would eventually give the guy his respectful distance as the conversation floated elsewhere.

“Oh wow. That is a good chunk of time to know,” Rika would say before nodding at rest of it. “I understand.” After all there were things even he was reluctant to talk about at the moment, so maybe he’d poke again another time.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm

"But not forever I assume.", he would huff, somewhat amused, letting that one go for the most part. "Hm? There's always an answer if you care to search for it enough." Maybe not always the most correct and firm answer, but an answer nonetheless. It depended on what the original train of thought was after all.

He'd shake his head. "I'd have to...consider how respectable of a person one really is if they seriously think wearing silly childish get ups is no issue at all in certain positions. That isn't something you need to be told about to realize, assuming your common sense functions normally." Yeah, he'd wonder things beyond that alright. Mostly about what motivations they even had, and why they thought making a spectacle of themselves was completely okay in that situation.

"Mmm? Do we have any plan in place now? I'd be happy to ruin another for you.", he'd remark somewhat jokingly, giving the guy an amused glance. Plans were great, but sometimes fooling around was better in the end. Not to say that he would seriously go out of his way to sabotage things though. Unless he knew it would all be fine. Anyway...um. He'd stare at the other somewhat blankly as the unexpected show off happened, not quite sure how to react to that. "Uh....so a feline of some sort?", he'd ask, unsure whether he was mildly uncomfortable or just taken off guard at the moment.

He'd blink. "Does the time matter any?", he'd ask, moving his flaming hand away meanwhile, making a small flame orb float in front of the guy as they walked, letting the flames on his hand go out for now.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:05 pm

"Forever is a long time, so I cannot answer that." He would glance at the other quite happy the other was amused versus prying. "Hmm, so keep hunting and you'll eventually find something if you follow the thought long enough." Rika would consider that for a moment and then frown a bit in thought. "But what happens if you never get an answer or can't find one? Do you just let it go and give up on it?" Was it worth holding onto at that point?

"Hmm. Common sense. I often wonder how well that works in most cases," he would say before giving a light huff. "Though to be fair to mum, she does it also because it is sexy apparently to have a bunny girl around a bar setting." He didn't get it really, but apparently that was okay for her line of work or something.

"My plan now is to go with the flow? I'd love to see how you can ruin that," Rika would say sticking his tongue at the other playfully. It was nice. This playing around versus being all serious unnecessarily. Huh. When was the last time he was able to play like this? Or....make a situation so awkward that it kind of hurt?

Pushing back his hair with his free hand, he would nod his body tense. "Yeah. I am um...kind of like a Siamese cat, but a bit bigger and with different traits and abilities than your ordinary house cat." He'd let that one go as it would before shaking his head at the other. "Not really. I was just surprised is all. I assumed a smaller number is all," he responded watching the flames shift and become a floating orb before him.

That shape was inciting to swat at, but remembering where they were he'd opt to reach out and carefully grab it. Letting its warmth settle into his hands for a bit before smiling a bit as he focused on the flame. It would flick and seem to be absorbed as it formed into a small blue person with blue fiery wings in the shape of a butterflies. The little person would yawn and stretch out as it sat in Rika's cupped hands seeming content for now.

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

"That's....up to you? It comes down to how much you want that answer after all." Not that necessary? Give up then. Must have? Then feel free to put in some extra effort and try more. Sometimes it takes longer if the issue at hand is more complex.

....and then, he would make an expression akin to a reaction to biting into a lemon. "Lord spare me of that image. That's actually mildly disturbing. It's far from sexy in my opinion, but I suppose that's just my unimportant two cents on it." Ew no. Besides, why not visit an appropriately 'themed' bar if you wanted 'sexy' service? Most people probably just wanted a drink and to chill a bit, but then again, he wasn't the best person to ask about those things, considering his 'lack' of interest in such.

Regardless, he would deadpan jokingly. "I can ruin anything and everything. Just watch me, dear.", he'd say in a more or less purposefully innocent tone before huffing a bit. But yes, awkward moments. That happened too. "Hmmm...kitty? Guess that works." To be fair, he didn't think he had met any house cat esque demons before, so he didn't have a whole lot to compare to, really. "I mean, I've always been a weirdo anyway.", he'd snort faintly. Knowing about demons just added the icing on top.

Wa? He'd furrow his brows. "...what is that?" His poor flame...? Err, well, fire shouldn't have feelings buuut..."..could have at least given it dragon wings though. Honor me or something...", he'd mutter under his breath.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed May 02, 2018 9:04 pm

"Hmph. I see. Always a choice." Rika would find himself smiling a bit at that one. For one such as him, he sometimes saw only one path and when said path crumbled he would often times find himself giving up on a thing...and yet if he had kept at it, where would he be now? Would he still be traveling forward or would he have found that place of complete happiness and peace he had been searching for all this time. He had to wonder. Also...

He would continue to walk along side the other quiet for a moment before speaking. "Hey. What about things that have been given up on? Is it too it ever too late to pick them up again? Try the path again to see if the outcome is different?" he would ask as he observed the path ahead.

He'd let that topic go where it would before he found himself grinning at the other's reaction. "Well, I suppose it is to some. I personally like a bit more reserved at times, but mum thought it a good idea to have that there....even though the place is to be family friendly. You think she was bad when you saw here? Well, I'll spare you the details of other things she has done. Don't want you hurling or making that beautiful face yours into a permanent mask of disgust." Though the expression was kind of cute, but that had nothing to do with topic so let's keep that to ourselves for now.

Rika would look up at Sharaku with a puppy like expression as he pouted a bit. "You won't spare little me from the destruction?" he would ask in a a slightly exaggerated cute voice showing he was just going along with the moment; however, in time fun time would change to awkward because you know it just wouldn't be a complete package without this sort of thing happening between them.

Rika would shake his head a bit with a small smile. "I don't think house cat is the proper word for what I am. I am too human and wild for that," he would say and then very softly would say. "Though kitty is kind of a cute name...." It kind of was, but to say it louder than he had. Umm no. Maybe the other wouldn't hear him.

Ooookay. That happened. We are good? Yes? Yes! Right forward!

"Well being a weirdo isn't a bad thing. Makes for an interesting life and it seems much better than being ordinary," Rika would respond easily enough as he briefly leaned against the other's arm to give him a small hug in a way before moving away slightly and being distracted by flame orb.

When the other question the creature in his hand, the demon would smile. "I am sorry if I messed up your flames, but I wanted to show you a little one. This is a fire elemental I was able to summon with your flame. As for wings well..." Rika would tilt his head toward the little one who had heard the mutter. Tapping its lip it would shift form and reform into a small dragon made of blue flames. Flapping its wings it would fly up so the other could see it better as if it was looking for approval or something.

Sliding his now free hands into his pockets, Rika would watch for now.

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next