The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

The Rabbit Called Merk

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rabbit Called Merk - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rabbit Called Merk

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:45 pm

“I can change tactics based on the individual. Reasons would be based on their actions and reactions though. I don’t cut people slack solely because they’re supposedly closer to me in most cases. You can choose your acquaintances, but family doesn’t get that privilege. You don’t necessarily have to get along due to that. I have no problem trashing someone related to me to the ground if that is the treatment they deserve. They’re the ones responsible for their behavior. It has little to do with my relation to them.” Then again, he didn’t have very good ties with his family to begin with, so his reasons to care were very much nearly non-existent. Even then though, the main game changer for him was the situation at hand and how the person was taking to his initial approach.

He’d shrug. “Is it? I think it depends on how insecure a person is. Someone who’s confident won’t let a bit of a harsh word crumble their world.” Both verbal and physical assault could damage greatly, but which one was worse depended on the person. What was their bigger weakness? Some would withstand violent blows bravely and crumble under well aimed criticism, while others would brush you off easy, but cry after one punch. “They come back even after that kind of humiliation? Interesting.” If it was him, he would probably be more inclined to just pick a different place at that point, even if just out of respect for the trouble he had caused.

He’d make a faint meh sound. “I’m not a kids person. If I ever had any, preferably no more than one. Really though, a school situation and a full on living one are hard to compare fairly.” Different responsibilities, both from the side of the adult and the youngster. It’s different to be the teacher and the parent in the equation as well. The relationships are not the same at the core of it. “Perhaps. Adults are also held accountable for their actions much more though. Kids can get defended by their parents and you may not be able to punish them as harshly as they sometimes deserve. An adult has to suck up their responsibilities. It’s not my problem if they fail due to their own bitching. I did nothing wrong.” It was as simple as that. It wasn’t his job to pull the weight for those who refused to see reason. At some point, he’d just step back and let them eat their own food they cooked up. Youngsters could be tricky, as they got so much leeway at times, whether thanks to their parents or the law being more forgiving until a certain age. He’d look off to the side. “I prefer to not be the follower. It highly depends on whether the person in charge is competent at what they do. Being in control is simpler than having to potentially be ordered around by someone who doesn’t know better.” Preferably, he’d be his own boss and work alone, but in case he did collaborate with others, he'd rather be higher in rank. Just so he had better chances at avoiding frustrations due to incompetence. If he had to be a CEO to get his opinions acknowledged properly, then so be it. As much as it was draining as all hell.

He’d snort. “What ice? We’ve already been talking for a while. I just appreciate honesty over dancing around a subject unless the whole point of it is to joke around. Even then, I lack endless tolerance. Conversation is draining, so I like it to have a point. If I’m just going to expend all my energy on wrestling with never-ending play, my interest will go out of the window fast.” Despite his somewhat aggressive attitude and willingness to assert himself, he was very much an introvert at the end of the day. Fuck no he didn’t want to bother with extra chit-chat that only accomplished mentally eating his batteries. Especially when it wasn’t all that necessary anyway. It was already obvious that he wasn’t going to just change his mind and suddenly believe the costume story, so really, to him there was just very little point in fueling that derail forever. It wasn’t even that entertaining anymore, once he was fairly sure of his answer. There was nothing more to analyze at that point, unless the topic got a move on.

“There is some sort of sense to be applied to everything. It’s what allows us to organize information around us.” He didn’t appreciate chaos in his environment, and assigning reasons to things made it much easier to sift through it all, and to see what was relevant out of all the options. For a moment, he would watch his own hand as he made the flames appear before his attention snapped back to his company after the question came. “I guess? I’m not sure what the proper name is meant to be.” He didn’t necessarily study up on demon terminology and how to differentiate details between powers. Nevertheless, yes, the fire would feel real at touch, and somewhat warm. He was capable of amping it up to the point of searing someone’s skin off within a second or two, but that was not his goal here. He’d make a brief amused expression, moving his hand a bit to create a separate flicker of flame that would linger suspended in mid-air.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:49 pm

“Everyone on equal ground,” she would say with a nod though her mind wandered many things about the other, especially when it involved family. She was tempted to ask, but decided that it was none of her business as she nodded and continued. “Well at least you’re the sort we don’t have to worry about playing favorites. That could be beneficial.” After all if everyone is on the same playing ground the right to complain treatment was different was null. An interesting tactic, but not one many had.

Speaking of treatments, she’d smirk at the next one. “While that is true words are alot more powerful than a physical blow. They have a way to hook into the mind and tear at us long after they’ve been said. They can be like poison, eating you alive and unlike a physical wound there is not always a cure for mental scarring.” Words were more powerful than the sword because of this. People had the tendency to hold onto whatever was said and not forgive once injured by words. Words were more powerful than most thought. That aside, she’d nod at the other. “Yes. A few still do come back, but they are well behaved and even went for help after the matter. Besides the event isn’t a big show to begin with. It is simply a one-on-one session geared to teach, but not make a big scene of the matter.” The process was done quite smoothly and neatly to be honest. Amazing really how often times than not it succeeded without the need for a fight.

On the note of fights, Merk would find herself chuckling at the next statement. “I would say that they work hand in hand. Sure we can’t beat every kid we see in a school setting, but I think the patience and a particular skill is needed to handle all of them. As for one kid, I wish. I have eight of them all together and only one is out of the house. I don’t mind though. Big family so everyone takes care of everyone.” Sure school and family may be different, but how one handled kids wasn’t. You still had to be the dominate one especially when they got older. “Well that is true, but at the same time they still act a fool even when they know the odds are stacked against them.” It was true the kids did have protections and because of those protections they pushed the boundaries alot due to the fact there was not much that could be done to them outside of a slap on the wrist. Adults did have to eat their own shit yes, but even that didn’t stop some from showing their ass and true colors when things didn’t go their way. It was amazing what people did at times.

That aside, Merk would finish sweeping taking both the trash pile and the trash in the dust pan to the trash can in the back. Putting the broom away, she would lean down behind the counter to get the cleaning cloth and spray. As she moved back onto the floor, she would respond. “Control a tricky thing. I can understand wanting it to not be the follower and all, but too much of it is not good either. I mean what would happen if something was out of your control? Would you be able to handle it or would it drive you over the edge with agitation and despair?” One could have control and be in control just as someone could have zero control and just follow. However, too much either side had bad side effects in the end, so it made her wonder just where this one fell on the board in regards to such consequences.

Well where ever that went, Merk would raise an eyebrow at the next comment. “Alright fair point. Though I am curious, you don’t like chit-chat and games then?” she would ask before starting to clean the table before her. Her behavior remained relaxed and unhurried as she worked and waited for answers before falling into a small silence as she hummed. “Maybe so.” And then again maybe not. While humans did reason to a degree the way one reasoned was far from the same. Some used sense, but others used other inconvenient methods that make their world make sense through whatever lens the owner viewed the world through.

Viewing the world aside though, Merk would find herself distracted as she saw the fire. As her hand reached out and touched it, she would move her hand through it a bit before pulling her hand out to see if the flames stuck to her. Observing the situation, she’d shake her head a bit.

“Mmm spirit flames come from the spirit and foxes. Usually it is cold versus warm. Dragon breath or flame elemental. Hmmm,"
she would blink as she took her eyes away from the light show and looked at the young man, her nose sniffing the air. “Your smell is human, but the ability is not. What are you? A half breed? Or something else?” she would ask looking him up and down.
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:39 pm

He would just shrug at the matter of equal ground and all. It was honestly easier that way. Bias got annoying real quick. It might feel good when you’re the one being treated better, but that would just get you hate from others anyway. At the next topic though, there was a slight finch across his expression. He didn’t seem to like where that was going. “That….doesn’t apply all that well considering I was talking about a singular instance for the most part. If one good verbal hashing alone gives you permanent mental scarring, then you’re probably just a wimp. A harsh reality check is sometimes needed. Actual serious mental problems happen from long term verbal abuse, and I sure wasn’t talking about insulting the same person every day on the clock or such, unless you somehow got that idea from me saying I don’t mind being a bit rough with people.”, he’d shake his head with a frown. “If you’re going to bring awareness of that up, maybe be careful about how. It’s not beneficial when people come to think it’s fine to claim being mentally destroyed after one lonely instance of being verbally defeated just because it’s a fact that words can hurt. One blow won’t disable you unless it really was a near death experience somehow or you have literally zero willpower of your own for some reason. You’ve got so many people claiming they’re so depressed and shit because their fancy fake nail broke or something these days, and then people think it a joke when someone with real problems admits to them, thanks to all those loud whiners giving the idea that it’s just a drama thing and blown out of proportion.” Yes, words could be more powerful than a sword, but holy shit, you’re not going to be mentally ill from being told off once. So in that regard, a single physical blow out can be more damaging than one verbal beating depending on circumstance. Physical attacks can leave visible scars too. It doesn’t always heal perfectly. The real differences start showing up when attacks are repeated, but at that point, is physical abuse less scarring than mental? Both can cause long term issues, because physical pain has to be processed by the mind as well. Regardless, that could easily be a touchy subject depending on how it was approached and brought up. Plus, he did not appreciate people telling him this bit of info like he had no idea at all, just because harsh words were brought up beforehand. For fairly obvious reasons. He was aware. However, he didn’t believe that meant needing to treat people with kid gloves left and right because ‘omg, what if I trigger this person and cause them issues by giving them a little brutal honesty?’. It takes a certain amount for one to truly break down, and typically needs to be actually unfair use of harsh treatment. Humans were starting to become pathetic for real if they could be brought to their knees so easily these days.

Either way…”Something has to initially blow up for that to happen though. That alone will get them attention already. You can go and talk them down after they’ve started harassing others, but by that point you can be sure it has been noticed, and people tend to remember stuff like that.” It was impossible for it to just go under the radar unless you could predict things and went to talk with a person before they even started trying to behave out of the norm. Even a smaller scene will bring out some people that will judge you since then. People like to throw shit at targets that show themselves, as sad as that is. He’d huff. “Yes, but in school you only really deal with them in regards to studies and their behavior in class. As a parent, there’s a whole more you need to watch. Any other activities, as well as needing to handle them at other times of day and in vastly different settings too. A teacher who’s perceived as fairly good could always fail at being a parent if they just brought their work attitude home and tried solving all issues based on how they do it in class. The expertise doesn’t always translate properly.” It’s not great to have a parent who constantly treats you with the attitude of a teacher, in most cases. Unless they’re really a well-rounded one, and do in fact have all the necessary skills to handle children in all sorts of situations. Nuances, dear. “I’d want to hang myself if I had to have several kids at once. I like being by myself a lot, and that’s just not happening with brats running around the house and occupying places.” His head would just burst from all the stress. It wasn’t like he couldn’t raise a kid properly, but in bigger numbers? He’d lose 5 years of life mentally in the span of a few months. Gray hair at 25 is what he’d get from that. He’d half shrug. “Like I said though, at that point it’s not really my problem, but theirs. Act like a mule if you want, but you’ll be the one dealing with the aftermath, not me.” He’d certainly lose respect for people who acted out like babies for marginal reasons, but knowing they would pay for it later was usually good enough for him.

He would watch the cleaning, and once the control subject came up, he’d mock roll his eyes before giving a sigh. “Been there, done that. I’ve lived most of my life that way. And I like to even the field. Though to be fair, I don’t mind following when it’s for a good cause. I just have an aversion to being held down simply for the sake of it.” He was kind of long beyond despairing over minor control issues at this point. He would not like it, but he wouldn’t let it kill him either. Nevertheless, he would always rather choose to be on top instead of the bottom at base. “…depends on how you look at it. There are many ways to execute said chit-chat and games. It doesn’t have to be in the form of beating around the bush as if doing so was funny after the first try. I cannot answer the question from a broad perspective, for details of approach are important in determining how much I approve of what’s happening.” He could chat, and he was certainly capable of playing games. It came down to specific behaviors and patterns being used, as some could test his patience more than others.

All that aside, he’d watch as the flame flickered. It would seem to stick to her hand, but would end up blowing out if she moved it much. He wasn’t putting in effort in maintaining that one, so it would likely not last too long. He’d raise an eyebrow. “In that case, stick with the dragon then.” It was the simplest answer that was closest to the truth here. At the question which followed, he’d snort. “Joke’s on you, but I’m human.” That wasn’t even a lie.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:25 pm

She’d take in the words the other said pausing as she looked at him with a serious expression considering his words. “Well spoken. If you don’t mind me asking, have you been through that sort of abuse before?” She had to wonder. Unless the guy just studied the matter and knew it like the back of his hand, she could think of no reason why he’d be this knowledgeable about the subject...or even flinch when it was brought up. There was only one other person her life that she knew would get uncomfortable on this matter and said person was not before her now. So she asked her question and let fate determine if she got an answer or not.

“Well that is true and yet some still come back and show their faces. Maybe they do it to redeem themselves or something. It is always a mystery since there are plenty other bars they can hide out in around the place, but they come back here.” Did she mind? Not really. It was true everyone watched out for those that exploded, but even so she allowed them entry as long as they didn’t fuck up again or do something worse than last time.

Misbehaving adults aside for a bit let’s talk about children for a bit. “Well I suppose it depends on how you approach that one. It is true a good parent or a good teacher doesn’t mean that said person viewed as such would handle the reverse role properly or well; however, having taught once upon a time I found my mothering skills did help in situations at schools. Granted, I worked with little people versus the big ones, so maybe that is why it worked out so well,” she would say before smirking. “Oh is that so? Well then you’d certainly go mad in my house. I got a full nest and they range from young to teens, so I have a fun bunch. I will admit they can drive you crazy, but on hand I would have it no other way. I love kids, so don’t mind it one bit.” Besides the older ones helped the younger ones anyway so that helped when there was some sort of order to the madness. Anyway back to adults. “Ha! I wish I could do the same. You don’t know how delighted I’d see someone fall in their own shit at times. Too bad can’t do that if you want to run a respectable business.” Or as respectable as you could get it with the chaos that could happened here. That aside…

“Hmph. That is something we have in common. Though now that we are on the subject, was it family that held you down or someone else?” She’d say her last words cautiously as she continued to clean the tables until it was presentable enough. Moving to another, she’d start the process again.

“Hmm you seem like a person that is hard to gauge if it is all about approach for you. Still that is good to know,” she would say continuing to clean until the fire came into play. Distracted from the cleaning, she would pull her hand back watching the flames dance on her hand before going out leaving no scars at all. How peculiar it was even more so the answer. “Something similar to dragon’s breath, huh?” she would begin finding that one interesting considering dragons had the tendency to have intense heat when they did use it. She was quiet for a moment and then looking up at the other she’d smirk a bit. “I can smell the human on ya, but that doesn’t explain why you can use this. Humans can’t learn demon powers and it is very rare for them to just teach a human such things. So what is your secret, hmm?” she’d ask tilting her head at him and becoming quiet for a bit.

She’d remain with her attention on him for a while longer, but would blink as the temperature in the room dropped slightly and her lights flickered slightly before going dim of their own accord, leaving the flames in Sharaku’s hands as the brightest light.

Turning her eyes in the direction of a table near the middle of the place, she’d watch as figure made of shadows appeared before becoming solid and revealing a well dressed man with a tail and a pair of horns. He’d take off his hat and sit it in the chair next to him before looking over lazily at Merk and then Sharaku. Silvery eyes would narrow at the taller male, but otherwise this particular customer would do nothing as he waved a hand in a dismissing fashion at Merk as he turned away, a glass and a bottle of something behind the counter coming to him.

Seeming to ignore the pair for the time being, the odd customer would pour himself a drink staying quiet for now. Merk would seem to relax as she looked up at the other and gestured for them to move further to the back of the area if he wanted to continue to talk that is. Best to give this one space.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Eh? He would give her a brief blank stare. This was not where he expected that to go. Eventually, he’d look off to the side with a huff. “What did I do to get questioned about that?” He wouldn’t really wait for an answer though, speaking again right after. “I have a diagnosis of moderate C-PTSD. Take that as you will I guess.”, he’d state with a mild shrug. He didn’t see the point in lying now that it was brought up like this. It’s just be suspicious if he went and got defensive about it anyway. “Or maybe they just like the place.” Not all bars were the same after all.

He’d snort. “I wouldn’t think myself to be a five star parent. I have limits. I can handle teaching, but I need a breather after some time. Dealing with any kids 24/7 would cost me my sanity. It’s a whole lot more time spent than just coming in and keeping an eye on kids for your work hours.” He didn’t really have it in him to pay kids attention all the time. And there was also the fact that he really….tended to dislike babies and very young children. Hearing some 3 year old wailing because they weren’t given candy or such only gave him the urge to slap them to make them shut the fuck up. He knew it wasn’t right to, but he seriously had a hard time tolerating those things. “I don’t really like kids, especially very young ones, but that’s just me.” It wasn’t something he could change. He’d hum under his breath. “Does it command respect to let people get away with shit though?” People could be such sissies sometimes. If it wasn’t their fault, the business needn’t lose anything. Everyone just liked to shift blame to the big shots, apparently.

Regardless, he’d raise an eyebrow at the questioning. “Both would be the correct answer.” Family? Sure. Others? That was true as well. It was more complicated than just one or the other in this case. “I don’t advertise myself as easy to know anyway.” That was a fact he was willing to admit. He was hardly a simple person, even at glance. “Yes, dragon. I prefer not to actually breath fire though. It’s simpler to manipulate it in other ways.” Don’t get him wrong though, he could burn someone to ashes, so it wasn’t as if the fire…wasn’t intense. He just knew how to control it, and thus tamper the temperature if he did not want to actually harm with it. He’d shrug. “Apparently we can have our own though. I assume it’s not too common however. I use demon powers because I can…how do I put it, make a contract with a demon to then use their power? That’s probably the best way to explain that. Though it doesn’t mean I’d be skilled with the powers by default, so it still comes down to whether I manage to use it properly.” He had to learn to do well. He was still crappy at using ice for example, and generally didn’t even try.

….thoughts aside, he’d blink a few times when the light kind of went out, waving a hand on instinct to create some more orbs of fire to light up the immediate area better. “Oi?” No really, what? He would glance over after a moment though, giving a questioning look at the new person. He could recognize a demon alright, but this was rather sudden. “Why?”, he’d inquire when the woman tried to shoo them elsewhere. It’s not like they were even bothering that guy, and besides, was there a reason to be antisocial?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:35 pm

She’d watch his reaction finding herself smiling faintly at what was said. “Ah I see. That explains the reaction to my words. As for why I asked, let’s just say issues like that are not unfamiliar to me so when you reacted the way you did I had to wonder,” she would respond back calmly. Though she didn’t push any further with the matter that could be rather tricky if handled wrong suggesting she was respectful of the matter and didn’t necessarily need life details spilled all over. That aside, she would hum at the next comment as she gave the other an appreciative smile. “Well yes. That could be the truth also.” She suppose there had to be more than just groveling to make a person come back in some cases.

“If that is the case, are you saying you’d make a bad dad even with a partner or wife to help you out? Or are you saying that because you are against the idea period, even the one you mentioned earlier?” She had to wonder. Even more so with the last statement. “Well kids aren’t for everyone.” Kind of had to be in the right mindset to deal with that and be willing to sacrifice and give up some freedom to take care of them. Moving past that though, back to the adults. “Well no and I don’t let them get away with things. Why do you think I hire security or make sure my staff can do more or less without them in certain situations? If I let people run all over the place, I’d most certainly have trouble staying a float, Still there are rules to businesses so there is a limit to how far we can go in here you know?” Yeah she was not one to tolerate bad behavior and let it slid for more than one reason.

That aside though back to personal life and actually one that Merk wouldn’t respond to in the normal fashion as her eyebrows furrowed a bit as she thought. “Hmm. A rough life, perhaps that is why you are the way you are now though,” she would say as she looked to the side a bit thinking. He was so similar and yet different from the case she dealt with. Made her wonder if...No no, Merk. Leave no matchmaking or trying to push people towards him. He’ll be alright, she would tell herself that firmly as she shook her head to clear before looking back up at the other with a smirk.

“I can see that,” she would chuckle and then tilting her head she would nod. “You seem to do pretty well. And no it isn’t common. Most of the time demons don’t seek out humans like that, but every now and then one might like them enough to befriend them. I suppose you got lucky. How long have ya’ll been together?” she would ask watching the other and the flames...until the lights got really dim and the area cooler.

When the other made more flames she didn’t mind as she kept her eye on the one at the table drinking. He’d take a long drink before leaning back, the increase in flames causing him to lazily roll his head to look over at the one causing the light. His snow white deep purple face would remain emotionless as his silver eyes watched the other for a moment and then blinking slowly he’d return to his drink.

Merk on the other hand was looking up at the other that had questioned her. “Why?” she whispered back. “Because I don’t want ---”

“Menai,” the voice was soft and low, but could be clearly heard by the pair. Merk would blink a bit at this and frown a bit before she opened her mouth and responded back in the same odd language the other spoke. To whatever she had said the demon would narrow his eyes and repeat the strange word again in a lazy tone to which Merk just sighed as she looked at the Sharaku. “Well there is no why any more. He allowing us to stay this close.” The things that were happening right now. Hmph!
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:55 am

“What do you mean by that?”, he’d raise an eyebrow before just shaking his head. “I don’t like people who make everything into drama regardless of that fact though. It’s painful to watch.” Theatrics belonged on a stage. There was no need to intentionally pollute every day interactions with it. Nine time out of ten, the person doing it just looked ten times more stupid anyway.

“I don’t…”, he would frown a bit, “I’m not necessarily saying I’d be a horrible parent in all ways. I’m just not the most outgoing and tolerant person. I suppose I’m not that keen on it because I know how bad it can be to have parents that fail at raising children, and I don’t like the idea of taking the risk. I don’t have any overwhelming need to have kids to begin with either way.” He would almost bet his own mother wasn’t entirely in the right place mentally in regards to some things, and he kind of had some reservations to raising kids the way he was himself. On top of the fact that his social energy poofed real fast, making it hard for him to be constantly there to play with children and all that stuff. Especially in their younger years, it’s almost like trading most of your normal life for constantly doing child care. He wasn’t sure how he’d adapt to that. “If they cause something to themselves, would you really be the ones at fault though? I mean…of course you shouldn’t go around sabotaging customers at random, but I think the whole idea about workers being held responsible for customers even when said customers are being little shits is being taken too far sometimes. A lot of businesses would face less strain if the trend to satisfy a customer at all costs wasn’t as prevalent.” Isn’t that why so many scandals happen without a thought? Because the customer is technically meant to be in the ‘right’? When people get enabled, they start grabbing the attention that much more.

At the strange response sequence that followed, he’d blink a few times. “I’ve…always been this way. That’s the price you pay for being in a certain environment since you were born. I have no reference of before ‘the bad things happened’.” It was what usually made those with his type of problem have a harder time with it. Most psychologists and such will tell you to try to hold onto the self you were before circumstances broke your life…but what do you do when there’s no past you? If you grew up with negative influence from the start, you don’t know what it’s even like to be normal because you never were. You’ve got no reference to work towards. Could he be someone different? To be honest, he didn’t know. Still, he wouldn’t say he was doing too bad right now, so things were mostly good….yes? “What is it though?”, he’d ask after a moment, noting that she was being a little different about this one for some reason.

He’d shake his head. “I wouldn’t say it’s much about demons seeking me out for the most part. I’ve just got luck for getting into things apparently.” Things happened. And as he was now, it was a lot easier for him to come in contact with demons casually. “A..couple years? It’s not really like that though. The original owners of the powers I use aren’t really alive anymore. It’s a complicated story.” He’d go insane if he had to have a living demon talking in his mind or such. God forbid his already shaky sanity. He didn’t need more reasons to become a lunatic. “You seem to like humans enough to run this type of business though, it seems.”, he would add casually, mildly amused by that. He wasn’t always sure what drove some demons to do things like this. Did it benefit them to be here and have to hide for the most part?

Anyway…he’d narrow his eyes at the happenings that occurred afterwards. He wouldn’t say much for the duration of it, but would eventually shrug at the end. “I don’t see why we should have anyway. As far as I am aware, this is a bar, and a public space people can frequent as they wish. I’d think it rather rude to make others evacuate just because one person wants the whole space for themselves. That’s not quite how it works.” He didn’t know whether the demon understood human language, but even if so, he didn’t really care. Bite me, really. It wasn’t right to just waltz into this type of an establishment and demand that everyone leaves, assuming that’s what normally happened. What makes you so mighty that you can come in, and decide whether you allow others to stay around you or not? Go to a private area to drink then. He was not a fan of that kind of an attitude.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm

“It mostly upsets me when I see someone doing it for attention alone. It truly puts a bad light on those that have it and makes it hard for a normal person to recognize it as a real issue and in turn talk about it properly.” It was sad really and kind of something that hit home for her. Why? Well that was actually the answer to the first question posed by the young man. She would give the other a light smirk. “I work with someone very close to me with mental issues.Thus when I see certain behaviors I wonder if it is normal or something more there. I don't typically poke, but you kind of opened the door a bit there so I came knocking.” Was it wrong? Well was any question really wrong in the end?

Speaking of questions, the response to the children one was an interesting one. “Children do require a lot of work and you have to be willing to take the risk and let up on some of that independence and freedom to be with them. You don’t have to be around them all the time, but an effort is required. I think if you did settle on kids one day, a partner of some sort that had tolerance and patience for kids would balance you out well. When you had enough your partner in life can take over.” At least that is how it had worked for her parents and herself when her mate was around.  Kids aside though, this next topic.

“Well it would depend on how said thing is done. If they injure themselves like let’s say randomly cut themselves for whatever reason or something odd like that then no. They did it to themselves and that was that. However, let’s say they intentionally threw themselves on the floor and as a result of that caused one of the tables or whatever was on the table to fall on them. In those cases it gets tricky as they easily turn around and put fault on us for the other things that injured them outside of their fall. It can be a tough battle at times especially if one has a good liar on their hands.” That and lawsuits. It was a pain in the ass really, but it was what it was. She’d shake her head. “If only justice was could be grasped so easily in those cases and we had some power to defend ourselves against such things.” Would make life a lot easier that is for sure.

As for the response she got back to her odd responses. She’d close her eyes with an understanding nod at that one, but wouldn’t speak until the question came up that poked at her behavior. “I was just reflecting on the similarities you had of another I know is all,” she say with a faint smile before shaking her head and reopening her eyes coming out her thoughts and back to the present again.

“Would you say trouble follows you then?” she would ask with an amused smirk before becoming a bit more serious at the next part. “That does sound like a strange story. Perhaps you’ll share it with me one day. I’d love to know how a human was given powers and not turned.” That was highly odd even more so if it was more than one demon that transferred powers into this one. Very curious.

“Hmph. That is because I’ve grown up within close proximity of them to not mind them at all. To me demon and human are all the same. They just play by different rules and have preferences to when they like to come in.” What could she say. It was good business….well until things like what happened after all that chat occurred.

To say that Merk wanted to scream and slap the guy upside the head for saying such words was understatement. This kid didn’t have a clue as to what he was getting himself into. That demon, it ate humans for snacks and here was one just straight up saying things that could piss it off. They were lucky enough this usually solitary demon was allowing them to remain close and now this.

The rabbit opened her mouth to say something before she could, she found herself pushed away as a wave of darkness attempted to surround the guy and if caught by it, he would find himself wrapped up in a tentacle that would try to pull him further into a world of ice and darkness…

Merk could only watch in horror as this occurred. Could this night get any worse?

Last edited by Rika on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:28 pm

He would frown in thought. “Was what I said so not normal though? I could see someone who doesn’t have any issues advocating for fairness in said area too. There are plenty reasons outside of being the victim in the case.” Could be that you knew someone who had a hard time due to it, or just one of those people who liked to see justice these days. A lot of things were handled and dealt with quite poorly after all, and this was just one of them. “To be fair though….that’s exactly it. Someone with actual problems will probably not go talking about it left and right. It’s not just a game for them, even if they recognize it for what it is. That’s why we primarily see the attention seekers, as they have no reservation against whining about it and using it as a defense for everything. It’s just another casual thing for them.” Someone who had it bad would likely even want to stay silent. It wouldn’t be easy for them to openly speak about it even with support from others. It was a tricky thing. You could never get a better coverage of those who truly struggled, as they would not make their voices too loud even if given the chance. A few who were better off maybe, but would that really be enough to make any change?

He’d snort. “I have enough just thinking about changing diapers. Regardless, I don’t quite see myself having kids outside of adopting, even if I did decide to want any.” It was a bit complicated for him, but he had a hard time imagining himself actually going through the normal way. Even more so due to the chances of him being with a female…well, being extremely low. And in the case of a guy, no amount of effort would make that happen anyway. “I think that’s just ridiculous. No business that wants to keep going would do something akin to intentionally tossing the contents of a table on a person. It takes as much as common sense to come to the conclusion that there’s no reason for them to want to risk getting shut down. Assuming they aren’t getting reported left and right which could point to an issue, it’s likely they didn’t really do anything.” It was astounding how sometimes people won in court just because they were smart liars or such. What point is there to have the whole process in place when it can just be fooled anyway?

“….is that so?” Well, she couldn’t expect him to not be at least somewhat curious when something like that was brought up. Not to say that he was eager to bring more people into the mix somehow, but you can’t be making references to somebody casually and think you weren’t going to be asked about it sooner or later. “I cannot deny nor confirm that one.” Trouble just happened. He would offer her an amused glance. “It’s because that’s my own power that allows me to do so. Humans may be clueless for the most part, but that doesn’t mean all of us are weak. I’d just assume most never find out even if they could do something.” Considering that it wasn’t normal among humans, and that demons generally kept hidden? It’s obviously no walk in the park to figure out you can do things or even how. He would give a low huff at the explanation afterwards, choosing to say nothing. Albeit he did have his opinions on the while ‘different rules’ thing. Maybe later though, seeing as things were….getting a little out of hand.

Did he know what he was getting into? Technically, he couldn’t know the specifics, but he also couldn’t care less. He was willing to show a demon their place if that was how it had to be. Could he have done something to get away there? Maybe, but he didn’t want to blow this place up unless it became necessary. No, he certainly wasn’t happy about being manhandled though, and he would narrow his eyes in some sort of disapproval at this. “You know, laying hands on people without permission is quite rude as well. There’s this thing called manners, ever heard of it?”, he’d comment in a flat tone. He was not pleased by this, but it didn’t seem like he was afraid either.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Merk would tilt her head. "That is very true, but even so the way it was presented made me wonder so I asked. If I was wrong or stepping on toes you very well could've shut me down or told me otherwise. Your presentation suggested you knew this area well is all." Did she understand the other possibilities that were there? Yes, but even so, her gut told her this was not just someone passionate about the matter, but rather someone that actually knew the reality of it all from experience. And well she had been right in the end. “While I will not say attention getters lie, I would say their issue is something different than one with a serious case of illness. And no. They don’t talk. In fact, it is like pulling teeth trying to get anything out of them and it can take a very long time to get anything.” Those sorts of people...they needed help, but in a world full of judgment and harshness, they were often afraid to do ask and held it in, slowly dying from loneliness and the sickness...and no one could see it cause they all associated the problem with what the attention getters showed. Sad really.

Pass that though, the rabbit would find herself raising an eyebrow at the next one. “Adoption huh? Don’t want any of your own blood?” she would ask curious of the decision. “Well, it is a dumb system. Unfortunately, the courts are for the people versus to the business, so even for the dumbest of reasons just because it was worded in a certain ways, the courts rule in favor of the victim. I’ve seen many competitors go down this way. It is a sad case and one I’ve thankfully had to deal with once. Luckily for me I know my shit and was able to unravel the lie that was being told. It is hard though, but the courts can’t rule against proof of the truth.” People could make up lies alright and unfortunately won because of them, but Merk wasn’t going to be the gal to go down like that. You want to weave lies then back up with proof. That is the way she saw this silly game being played.

“Yes it is so,” she would say with a soft smile, but didn’t elaborate it on it fully. She understood he probably wanted more than that, but he’d have to be more specific with his questions if he wanted certain answers. Speaking of answers it seemed the next set were interesting to say the least. To the trouble comment, the rabbit would let out an amused "hmph" at that one accepting the answer for what it was; however, the following answer caught her attention.

“Your own ability? What do you mean by that?” she would ask curious as she tilted her head a bit. Her curiosity would continue to grow at the huff she got in response to her reasoning behind having a bar such as hers, but it seemed that any further questioning would be halted because curiosity would be replaced by horror.

Not only had the kid said words that very well could’ve gotten him killed instantly, but it seemed that said words had gotten the demon who had enter attention all too well….and now the kid was being pulled into the darkness…

Shaking her head, she would follow on foot into the territory her eyes on the young man that was being lifted up off the ground and hauled a good 20ft into the air where he could be face-to-face with the demon that took an interest in him.

Face-to-face. Ha! What a strange phrase. For you see the young man would indeed be on eye level with not a face, but rather a strange mass of black with a large red eye that watched him and a set of gleaming and grinning sharp fangs as a mouth. Off to the side of this mass was what appeared to be a doll, but upon closer inspection it was a human. Lifeless and only painted to look like a doll. A dark tentacle was in its back as the person remained suspended and limp in the air for now.

However, the eye did not seem to care as it looked at the man it had as those teeth opened and a deep voice full of amusement would speak, the words foreign and echoing all around. When the words became silent, the human would come to life as it floated before the eye so it could look at the young man being held by a dark tentacle.

The face would split with a grin and the body shake with laughter before pale and cracked lips opened.

“Not only does the human dare to speak against me, but now he also seeks to lecture me. Tell me why I should have manners when you have shown none to me?” the human would ask in a high pitched voice that did not match the male form or those dead eyes that the puppet had.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 am

“Well, there’s reasons for that.” He wouldn’t really say much in regards to the whole topic anymore, besides a comment on the ‘taking time’ subject. There wasn’t much else for him to say unless they wanted to go in depth on things, and this was probably not the best setting for something like that.

And speaking of odd subjects…”One, I’m not all that into women. Two, sex is fairly low on my priorities list. Considering the circumstances, I feel like it’s just not happening. And I don’t really mind it either way.” He wasn’t going to cry about it at night, that was for sure. He didn’t really see it as a bad thing anyway. “I’d say society is pretty corrupted in its entirety these days.” How many procedures were truly being carried out fairly? Wherever you looked, there was someone getting a better cut of the deal for no serious reason.

He’d raise an eyebrow. “Not going to tell me who’s this person you’re comparing me with?” Fine, he was going to ask if he had to, as he wasn’t going to leave it alone since he already got interested in it. He would shrug lightly when she questioned his answer about powers. “Meaning that while an average human may not be able to use demon powers like this, I can. Therefore it’s due to my own power.” He thought he had answered fairly simply back then, but second try maybe?

Regardless, there were bigger problems afoot than random chats. Well, assuming he chose to view them as such, but for the time being, he seemed more unimpressed than anything else. He would stare ahead with a mostly flat expression, with a tidbit of annoyance. He didn’t care much for grandiose theatrics, and really, why should he bow to this guy anyway?

He’d snort faintly. “I dare because I don’t differentiate between humans and demons in the first place. So, I don’t care what you are, really. On the note of manners though, I fail to see where I should have. You’re the one who waltzed in here as if you owned the place, and are now holding me without ever asking for my consent. I don’t carry a lot of respect for people who act like they’re superior just because they exist.” What, should he have bowed to the guy upon entry or something? It’s not like he spoke to them when he came in anyway, so what manners were there to be had, really? He wasn’t going to worship a demon just because of what they were.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 pm

The rabbit would find herself mostly quiet giving a nod of agreement to the whole not talking issue and a “mhm” to the whole matter of society being corrupted. She while they probably go into detailed conversations about these two matters, she found that this was not the best time for that. Just as she found the topic of regarding children the same way. She did indeed wanted to ask more about that, but instead laid the topic to rest for now by saying, “I see” as she watched the other with a contemplative expression for a moment as she rubbed an ear in thought.

In any case whatever was on her mind would not be said as she pushed the thoughts away and focused instead on the question posed. Her lips would turn up slightly in a small smile as she closed her eyes and let out a soft snort. “I suppose I could keep it secret, but I already know where that will go,” she would start before opening her eyes again and looking up at the other. “You remind me of my son, Rika. I see a lot of similarities between you two even if the way you come off is the complete opposite of him.” It was strange really, but the truth nonetheless. As for that comment about the power of humans, she might’ve added onto it if a bigger problem had not occurred.

As the demon became engaged with the human, Merk had indeed gone into that dark and cold landscape where the true form of this demon resided. Being small in comparison to the huge mass of shadows and eyes, Merk was hardly paid any mind one eye on the lower levels giving her a lazy gaze as it watched her move to a position where she could see the young man. While it was true she did not wish to upset this particular demon, she could not stand by and watch him devour a human either. If need be she would act to protect the man...even if he had done this to himself. ….And it seemed that he was digging himself into a deeper hole. He was still running his mouth and being defiant! And yet...the demon was laughing? Now what was this? She’d narrow her eyes at the scene watching for now.

Indeed the demon was amused as he watched this rather small creature not only not fear him, but even had the courage to speak to him as if they were on equal ground. The nerve! And yet that is exactly what kept the demon from killing the guy now. To the words spoken, the demon’s deep voice would come again, his strange words filling up the area as he responded back before becoming quiet to let the puppet take over translating.

“You think humans, my source of food, is on level with one such as I? That is an amusing thought. As is to think all demons are equal. I have my right to do this due to age, experience, and work. I think I ask little for others to move out of the way when I am around and give me my space. Should I carry the blame for those lower than us on the food chain fleeing from us and paying respects like I am some type of god when I never ask they do it in the first place? Should I stop them all of a sudden? Play nice?” The doll would tremble with laughter. “No. That is boring little moth. And I hate being bored. As for permission to pick up, why should I waste the few seconds versus just doing it?”
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:30 pm

He’d blink a few times at the answer given, seemingly pausing to think about it. Coincidence, or? Well, he couldn’t be sure entirely, and as much as he wanted to think about it more and ask, circumstances were being a little too busy for that. He would frown. “Remind me that I wanted to say something to this once things calm down? Thanks.” Maybe he’d remember himself, but better be twice as sure.

He’d raise an eyebrow at the guy, a somewhat bemused look on his face. “So it gives you the right to be arrogant? Because that’s all I really see you doing, talking those around you down as if they were just your peons or something. I don’t believe age and such makes you automatically eligible for special treatment. Everyone has their own rights. Thinking you can command that as you wish just means you have a big ego.”, he’d shrug lightly. “Anyway, it’s this thing called having some respect. I may be human, but that doesn’t mean I appreciate someone underestimating me for no reason.”, he’d state, moving his arms to place his hands on the thing holding him. “Now, if you would be so kind and let me go? I’d rather not need to make you.”
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Merk would tilt her head at the response given surprised that under the circumstances the guy could remain so calm. Even so she would give a nod at the words. "Okay sure," she would say before becoming quiet as the scene before her continued to play out.

"Is it arrogance or culture you do not understand? Demons do not play by the same rules as humans. To be frank, one would see this quite unbecoming of me. Talking to a human that should be dead right now for such a tongue. You speak of rights, but in my eyes the only ones that get rights are those that are stronger than I. You as a human has no rights in my eyes. Ego? Ha! No. This my right, boy!" the doll would bark before being tossed aside like a useless toy at the next words.

The demon's grip would become tighter around the man's waste as frost began to fill the area and attempt to crawl up the hands that was on him. The frost was slightly biting a hint of things to come as the demon's eye narrowed.

He would speak in his language, but didn't need to have an interpreter for this one. It was clear he was telling the guy to not even try. Apparently he didn't like his food crossing certain lines.

Merk on the other hand would tense as she moved her hand slightly a faint glow occurring as she built her power just in case she needed to act.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:05 pm

He would just snort at that, not impressed by the lecture. "Even if you don't, might I remind you that you willingly came over to human territory? It's only fair to respect the rules of the place you've come to. If you want to do your demon things freely, go home where it's normal, instead of imposing it on those who don't live your way. I stand by what I say. It doesn't even take that much to have some decency. Just because you look down on people, it doesn't mean I have to agree with your idea." He had no reason to just take being insulted left and right because some demon thought they were the star of the show.

He would frown in annoyance at the cold, starting to have just about enough of this pointless game. He didn't care for the warning. It's not like he was going to do nothing and let the guy play around with him. "Right. Well for your information, being human doesn't have to mean being weak. If this is how you want to play, fine with me.", he'd comment, shifting slightly before his whole body would catch on with blue fire, the flames licking around, hot enough to cause third degree burns to whatever that was touching him. "You sure you don't want to let go?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:24 pm

The doll would fold its arms as it looked skyward and hummed. "Yes. I did come here, but the rules are the same as at home. The humans have all left and you. You just happened to stay despite the sign saying closed. Thus am I in the right." It seemed the demon wasn't going to let this one go or be told he was wrong.

As for what followed well...

There was a displeased hmph as the creature did indeed let him go, the fire intense as it pulled its appendage back into the darkness and let the flaming man go. Watching him fall the demon would growl, but just like a child not learning its lesson, it would attempt to reach out an ice glazed clawed hand to catch the little flame making sure the ice upon it was way colder than the flames that had burnt him before.

Last edited by Rika on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm

"That doesn't change the fact that this isn't demon land. Most people have left, yes, but that's not necessarily a sign for you to come and take over. It had only been closed for a while before you walked in anyhow." It wasn't normal closing hours as far as he knew. This just happened due to the commotion which wasn't even long ago. Did it even say closed? The woman was here talking with him since the drunkard left, so who would have even put up a sign? Either he was missing something, or the door magically updated itself once everyone left or something.

Yeah well, he didn't plan to splat on the ground either way, so he wasn't going to just let himself fall straight down like that. Even less so just to be caught again. With a crackle of the flames, he'd manifest large silvery dragon wings, swooping himself away from the hand before remaining floating in mid-air. "Is this really necessary? I'd prefer not to fight and trash everything."
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:53 pm

"Hmph," was the deep response back as the demon's eye narrowed even more and a fangy grin appeared. It seemed he would've said something to the other, but around that time he had tossed the doll away and instead was dealing with something that was proving to be far more interesting.

There was a loud cracking sound as the icy hand clasped shut on air as the other moved away from him. When the question was posed the demon would only chuckle as the ice hand crumbled and instead an icy cage would begin to form. However, half way throw the demon would halt as Merk spoke to him in that strange language. Opening an eye on her level, he would seem to consider something before with a sigh dismiss the cage and in turn the darkness.

"Nungah Gagum," he would grumble as the darkness began to slither away and go back into the human like demon form that had first arrived. He'd sit at the table for a while strange eyes eyeing the winged man with an almost longing look before he simply disappeared, leaving no payment behind this time.

There was silence and darkness for a moment, but then the lights would come back on. Sighing Merk would shift her weight and go to the door closing it and putting up a sign that would ward off humans, but also demons. She had enough for one night.

Looking over at Sharaku, she would eventually speak.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" she would ask her tone a bit drained from the stress the ordeal had put upon her.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:03 pm

....not quite what he had asked for, but guess that would do as well. As much as he could fight, it really wasn't the best idea under the sun, and even less considering the location. Then again, what was he to do seeing as he didn't want to be some plaything? He'd huff with a shake of his head, choosing not to comment this time as he floated himself down to the ground, watching in silence until...things were relatively back to normal?

When the woman came back and questioned him, he'd scratch his cheek. "I'm fine. It's not that big of a deal.", he'd answer with a hum.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Merk would let out a sigh of relief at the answer. He was...okay. Good, but...

She would look up at the other and smirk at him. "Not a big deal. You are awfully calm for someone who could've very well become a pet or a snack for later," she would say before coming a bit closer to look at the silvery wings. "Mhm. Dragon. How fitting," she would say to herself as observed the other for a bit longer seeming fascinated that this was definitely a human and not a demon or half breed. She had never seen anything like this before.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

He'd shrug slightly. "I wasn't going to let that happen. I didn't even start trying to seriously burn his face off. I'm sure he'd have enjoyed that." Seriously though, he did wonder what would have happened had he aimed at that big mass with an eye and face. One way or another, there had to be some place where the guy was more vulnerable. "I'd rather kill myself than be someone's pet anyway." Like hell he would ever conform to that.

He'd blink, raising an eyebrow. "Is it?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm

"He probably would've changed his attitude if you had done that and probably not for the best either." That demon's weakness wasn't as obvious as what could be seen that was for sure, but being hit in the face with fire was never pleasant and almost always guaranteed the next tune sung would be a horrible one. Speaking of horrible, the next thing the young man said made her tilt her head.

"If he had succeeded in capturing you, you would've killed yourself if there was no escape?" Would that really end someone that seemed so strong willed? She had to wonder. That aside though, she would nod towards at the question posed.

"Dragons aren't really classified as demons since they sit on an odd plane from us; however, they are known to be bold, strong willed, and take no shit from anyone - traits you've already displayed so I find it interesting that you have its powers. Still, I cannot wrap my head around how a human can just take in the power without aid. I've never case like yours before." Very curious making her wonder about the story back there and if they had time for that now. Hmm....maybe she'd have to wait and see.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm

"Well too bad, but I wouldn't just let myself be thrown around." He'd find a way if he had to, though to be fair things were certainly simpler without there being a need to do such things. "Only if there was absolutely no way out. To be honest though, I'm not one to let someone hold me down for too long." He wasn't powerless, and the guy would have a hard time keeping him from getting away, that was for sure.

He'd snort, somewhat amused by that. "Then perhaps it's fate." Even though he didn't believe in it all too much. "What do you mean by them not being demons though?", he'd question, before shaking his head a bit. "Really though, I would assume it's because most humans just have no way of even being aware. Thus in case they were capable of something like this, they'd never realize. I suppose I was lucky enough to find out." It wasn't an easy thing, especially since it wasn't something viewed as normal, and most likely never thought beyond it being just cartoon material.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm

"A fighter to the bitter end." She would shake her head at that one respecting the fact the guy was like that, but also a bit concerned for him considering such an attitude get him hurt or in trouble. Not just by demons of course, but just by being out in the world in general. Despite her worry though, she wouldn't voice it seeing as this was a grown man that probably already knew the dangers of his stance. He didn't need to babied, so she would leave the matter as it was for now.

"Maybe so," she would say as her worries melted into amusement as the conversation went elsewhere. "Well there are us demons and then their are races that live in our world that aren't exactly demons though some like to shove them under the same umbrella. Dragons are ancient lizards that have been around since the beginning of time. They are an actual race of their own versus just a different tribe like a demon would be." It was kind of complicated when trying to explaining this considering a dragon and a dragon demon were not the same. "Well it could be that or maybe not all humans are born with such abilities naturally. I would think even if they have no clue about the power they hold and can use, there would be more case that had your luck, but there isn't. That is why I find it strange." Sure this was out of the box...but why was it that this human was the first she noticed with such an ability? It didn't make sense. Why just one....or did she miss something along the way?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:10 am

"What else would I do? Give in?", he'd huff faintly. He was aware that it could be dangerous in some cases, but he'd still rather die fighting than while cowering out of fear or the like. Sure, there were times when retreat was the best option, but it wasn't always that simple, was it now? Besides, you had to be willing to push forward to get somewhere.

He would tilt his head. "Are they different powers wise?" Assuming they came off very similar to actual demons, then it would be hard to casually tell them apart, after all. Was it possible to know whether one was an actual dragon or just a demon who seemed like it by glance? In any case, he would shake his head. "I never said all humans have powers. That probably cannot be proven either way. Maybe it's a spectrum, and most people are on the low end and thus cannot really do anything significant? You can't really know whether I'm the only one regardless. Have you traveled across the entire world? There are billions of humans. Besides, had I not decided to show you, you wouldn't have known about me either." Surely it wasn't that farfetched of an idea that there could be others, even if only a few of them. You can't reliably scan the entire population of Earth to find out.

He would wave his wings slightly after a short thinking pause. "Say, could something like this be based on heritage anyway? One can be human and think themselves so if their immediate family is and appears human, but what if there was a demon or such a few generations back? Is it possible for one to inherit genetics like that?" Even with humans themselves, some traits didn't show with each offspring, and if a kid could have its grandma's eye color or such, then couldn't such a pass on happen with demons too?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next