The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Dragons, Chimera, and Little People

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragons, Chimera, and Little People

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am

He'd stare at the other blankly for a few moments, before shifting to stick his hands in his pockets with a sigh. "I never said I was mad about it happening. If I were, I'd have punched you in the face when you did it. I just don't really connect to it being passed off as mere play, unless there's a good reason." Technically, it did fall into the area at times. Such as while flirting was meant with interest, it was still a game too. Or one could be dared to kiss someone and so on. He only had a mild issue with it when it gave off the vibe of just being done on a whim without any substantial enough reason why.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Dragons, Chimera, and Little People - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragons, Chimera, and Little People

Post by Rika Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:12 am

"I stated my reason and if that is not good enough for ya, then I dunno what you want." He honestly had done it in as a reaction to what the other had done. Why was that so hard to swallow. He'd stretch out a leg and then the other before responding. "No you didn't and we aren't fighting so I guess that is a plus."
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 am

"...good enough in what sense? I don't think we're about to agree on the subject, so technically, I don't particularly get anything out of the conversation.", he'd state, giving the other a somewhat deadpan face there. He wasn't sure what was it supposed to be good enough for exactly. Not in this context.

He'd huff. "Is it? I find that whenever I'm not having an argument with someone, the density of conversation drops dangerously low. It's either fighting, or a lot of silence, apparently." Maybe he was just dumb in the way he spoke or something, but it seemed to be a trend. Most of any talk happened during disagreements and the like. Outside of that...a lot of silence, and awkward nothings. And that just made him queasy.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 am

"No we are not about to agree; however, we can agree we disagree on the matter. As for what you get out of it, well I suppose nothing, but I am not sure how else to explain what I did. All I know is that I didn't think it would cause this flare up is all." Not that he mind, but still. This was as almost like being scolded at for doing something wrong. He wasn't sure how he felt about that yet.

As for that last part, he'd raise an eyebrow at that. "Huh. So you don't know how to just have a chat without arguing?" That sounded like an odd spot to be in.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:25 pm

"....is that what you think it is?" Why did everybody think he was getting mad or trying to attack them all the time? Yes, there were cases where he sure was somewhat irritated and all that, but even then, he generally didn't mean it personally. It was just an annoying emotion. Honestly, he was annoyed by his own annoyance at times. Whether he was or not though, it's as if every discussion just ended with the person thinking he had a problem with them or anything of the kind. Could he not have an opposing opinion about a subject without it being directed as an offense towards the person themselves?

"...."

He'd turn around, showing his back to the other for now. "The way people react makes it seem that way. I am not trying to argue. But I don't like nodding and pretty much agreeing with people when I actually don't feel that way. And everyone just thinks I'm picking a fight with them somehow when I stand by my opinion. What else am I supposed to do though? Say 'okay' and leave it at that so no further disagreement goes on? Then it'd just keep lapsing into silence all the time, making for no conversation at all. Which is just fucking awkward to constantly deal with. So I guess I'd rather clash with people than stand there and listen to crickets like a dumb mule because anything short of me agreeing with a person becomes an argument no matter what I do." It was honestly upsetting at times. As much as he could enjoy a good debate, he really hated this sometimes.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 am

He was quiet for a while as he listened to the other and then when he was done, he'd get to his feet shoving his hands into his pocket as he went.

"To be frank any disagreement is a flare-up of sorts; however, I don't hate them. I can agree they get some interesting conversation going; however, I have my limit with circles...which I felt we were going in with the last subject thus I snapped. I am not asking you to shut up or agree. If you did that I'd get bored with you rather quickly. I don't want submissive people. They bug me in a way I cannot explain. I also don't like it when people turn their back on me. Face me when you say something instead of running from me."
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 am

"Bored you say? Are most things just a game to you then?" Yes, some people could be boring, but just because they were more submissive? Well, personally he'd soon think them annoying or dumb, if anything. There were far more boring things than a person agreeing with him. Besides, them doing that would give him a reason to call them out on it, and he was sure the result of that would not be a boring experience. Either way, calling a person boring makes it comes off as if your main reason for interacting with them was to have them be your entertainment or something. "Anyway...I think I can face whichever way I want. If I was actually running, I wouldn't still be here and talking with you normally. So you're not quite right about me doing that."
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:35 pm

"That is not what I meant." He would sigh as he moved further in to sit on the couch nearest the door. "I don't do well if you are to submissive to me. Yes, I want people to behave and respect each other, but I don't want to play master of all. That is not how I work. When someone is submissive or skittish, I become a bit annoyed with it. I don't understand it when someone won't just stand up for themselves or expects someone to give them all the answers or commands. It's just something I don't like." Sure he controlled this area, but he wasn't a bully. The system he worked on was the biggest reasons that once someone was put in their place that he had so much respect in the first place. Submissive people....he wasn't sure what to do with them except in time just kind of let them be. It was a strange affair that one.

As for the next topic...

"Running comes in many forms including turning away from a person or thing because you don't want to face it. Also I wasn't giving you an option. I am telling you to face me. I dun like talking to backs." His tone was calm, but had a firmness to it that showed he was not making room to argue on this one. He wanted the other to show some respect and face him, question was: would he?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 am

He'd snort. "Well, walking around blindly is hardly an answer, is it now? I don't see what's the problem with wanting answers, or for someone to actually tell you what they're after straight up. If one doesn't bother to be clear, it's a little too late to regret or get mad after the person proceeds to do all the things you would rather they don't. Most people do better when they have some direction to follow. It doesn't have to mean they're being submissive just because they seek that.", he'd shake his head slightly. "Hell, I'd definitely rather someone goes out of their way to try and command me, because it's a lot less of a pain in the ass than them waiting for me to just get it and then becoming mad when I happen to not perform up to their liking. I wonder why that would happen. I certainly hate following orders like a pawn...but still, people who just act so chill and like they don't have a care in the world about what I choose to do only to then get snappy when I do something they do not like sure piss me off. Though admittedly, those who act way too much like pet dogs waiting to be given orders all the time do come off a bit dumb, yes." There was a balance to that. Wanting answers and the like isn't a bad strategy...until it's all you're capable of doing. As long as you're willing to act on your own once learning you can't get something otherwise, it's all good.

In any case, the corner of his lips would twitch slightly at the next topic. "I have to wonder....", he'd actually turn around this time, walking close enough to the other to give him a rather close up narrowed look. "...why you insist on accusing me of running just based on that one action. You do realize there could be other reasons for such behavior, yes? For all you know, maybe I was getting very tempted to punch your face in when looking at it and turned around so that I don't actually knock out a few of your teeth for real. It doesn't have to be about running just because it could." Well, that was a rather harsh example, but there could be others too. Such as wanting to look at something else nearby for some reason, but still talking with the person that's with you. It's not like you're obligated to stare at their face constantly just so they feel respected. "Besides, you could also just not talk to me if it bothers you so much that I'm not staring at you constantly. Not quite sure what that accomplishes anyway. Seems like a rather arbitrary custom to me." He didn't really get it. Okay, a bit of honest eye contact to establish things...sure...but, why would it need to be maintained all the time again?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm

"Well now. That is something we can agree on. Though I may have some issues with someone's trying to control me. Even so, I prefer leveled ground versus playing master or leader all the time to someone that simply follows and obeys." That kind of stuff was uncomfortable to deal with. There had to be a good amount of push and pull for it too work.....as demonstrated with the next issue.

It seemed the other gave too much push in this case for just as he got in the demon's face, the demon became relatively quiet and his gaze icy and dangerous. When he spoke it took every ounce of control he had to not punch the guy instead.

"Perhaps you should consider this. I am predator type cat and to turn your back me is actually more dangerous than you think. Instinct wants me to attack those that have their backs turn because easy prey. I call it running because hunt the back of a person is shown when they are running. Standing still or not this still implies running to me," he would say in cold tones. "It isn't about just one action. It is about what triggers me and what doesn't. Secondly, don't assume I don't understand that one can turn this or that way to look at something. I get that well enough, but even so that doesn't mean I am going to like your back to me both for the reason mention and also because I find it rude. I am not asking you to stare me down. I am asking you to keep your ass out of the danger zone. What is so arbitrary about that?" His tail would flick with enough force to tear a small hole in the sofa he was on, but he didn't care as he continued to glare at the other.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:56 pm

"...I prefer doing my own thing and not having many people involved at all.", he'd half shrug there. He didn't actually like bothering with leader/follower dynamics much. He was more of a lone wolf, and above all else, preferred his autonomy. Neither lead nor follow. Just do things on one's own terms. Well, most of the time at least. It didn't mean a whole lot to him to be responsible for other people in any way. Unless he cared about them enough on a personal level.

That said...he certainly didn't seem very impressed by the words he got in return. He'd furrow his brows for a moment, before rolling his eyes slightly. "I'd think it's also courteous to not attack someone just because you see a weak spot. I guess remind me to never show my back to you then. All I have to say about this is....if you attacked me for something like that, you can rest assured I would never trust you again. Because taking advantage of someone exposing a vulnerable spot to you is pretty fucking low. Maybe I wouldn't consider that you might attack me because I actually thought you have more honor than to pull such a shitty thing, and didn't want to rudely doubt you for no reason. Apparently I'd be wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt though....", he'd snort. "Well, just so you know, I don't really see it as rude because I'm not even obligated to constantly be looking at you, and doing so technically implies I trust you enough to not backstab me when I'm not paying full attention to you. So what if you're a big cat? That shouldn't mean you can't control yourself. Should I be going trigger happy torching your ass whenever I get a glimpse of it just because I'm a fire dragon and it's my 'thing'?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 pm

"Lone wolf all the way. Hmph." The response was more contemplative than anything; however, he wouldn't be focusing on that matter for long as the next one came up.

To the counter he got, the demon growled lowly at this before looking away. "Then perhaps I am a low and dirty motherfucker. Or rather more beast than human like at times. Trust me when I say it is safer to face me than turn away." Trust? Heh oh no. He didn't trust himself in that department too well. He couldn't guarantee he could always control his instinct to attack when a weak spot was shown. Would this ruin whatever trust they could've had, yes? But wasn't that better than end up hurting the guy and losing it that way?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:23 pm

He'd raise an eyebrow slightly. "What kind of a beast? For I'd think that even your typical beast has more awareness than to just maul somebody who's clearly not being an enemy or actual prey. Predators attack when they mean to kill or harm, as far as I know. If you're not hunting for food, nor are in a dangerous spot and feel the need to defend yourself, it's a little mind boggling to feel the need to attack like that. You don't seem like some mindless monster who lives just to target whoever they come across without thinking, so what's the deal?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:28 pm

There was brief moment of silence as the demon contemplated how to answer that.

"I cannot name what beast. I just know that it has happened before. People turn their back on me for too long and this strong desire to just kill them takes over. I've been able to stop myself before killing them, but still the damage is done. What's worst is that these folks aren't threats to me at all. In any case....as a result of such incidents.....I am telling you again to not keep your back on me....I don't want to tempt mindless side of me to harm."
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:40 pm

He'd frown. "You ask for something that cannot be guaranteed. It's impossible to make it so no one turns their back on you. It's not always a conscious decision either. Most people don't quite think about which way they are facing at all times.", he'd pause briefly, looking up at the ceiling. "You needn't really get all snappy at me about it though. If you're mostly just going to reach your claws at me, you won't be able to harm me much. Dragons have thick skin. And I'm not that weak to just stand and let someone tear me apart anyway."
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 pm

"Even so I want you to remain aware of that," the demon would say before smiling slightly. "I wouldn't expect a dragon or any of the living to let me just straight up kill them. As for thickness of skin well that might have its advantages I suppose."
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

"If they're weak enough, they may die." He'd just kind of huff there before crouching down.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 pm

He'd close his eyes at that one. "I know."
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 pm

"Hmph." He'd turns his stare down towards the floor for now.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:37 pm

And so the silence began. He had nothing to say at the moment, so his eyes drifted to the side as he took the moment to just take a mental break from things.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm

"Is that why you live in such a shady looking area?", he'd question after a while, seemingly contemplating something, though he wouldn't look up for now.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 pm

"It plays partially into it. The other half is that this is home already, so there is that too." He found it pretty easy to answer otherwise touchy questions with this guy. Why he was unsure and he didn't try to over think it either.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 pm

With a faint huff, he would shift to sit on the floor in a cross-legged position, resting his hands on his knees. "What makes a place home...?"
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 pm

There was a low rumble from the other, but he didn't seem to be threatening anything or getting upset as he moved his tail a bit against the sofa. "It is the place where I was born and have lived all my life. So naturally it is home for me."
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:29 pm

"So you've never tried to move out?" There probably were nicer places out there than this. Well, unless you actually liked that kind of lifestyle.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum