The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 Empty Re: Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted

Post by Rika Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 UAtefUj
yeah we did and it can get very random. everything from what i want to eat to just random shit like flying donuts...so yeah. as for my brain, i wonder sometimes if it is really there up there lol. can only hope. ^^;;

Bloodybones sees strange words and tilts head.

hm? what does that mean? *narrows eyes at it curious.*

anywho....i suppose that is true since the public arena wouldn't let you cuddle or things of that nature....and movies for the public are pretty loud so nope to background noise. though on the other you are still together so i guess it depends on the interpretation of "spending time together". while being in a private space is more intimate, someone could argue they are spending time with another simply by being in a place with someone at the same time. though...if i was to clarify, i'd go with my place or your place....a place that is private for deeper quality time.

i could hang out later if you want. getting out might do me some good anyway. besides kindof want to see your lovely face anyway. =P
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 Empty Re: Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted

Post by Sharaku Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Chat Clients Instead then? - Rebooted - Page 5 0TyOO7B

Well, you're going to have to one day. Can't always be the one coming up with what to talk about.

What do you think it means? :V

My mind is blown. Sarcastically speaking, that is. Since if I go by that kind of logic, I'm basically spending time with everyone who's at the cinema watching that movie, not just the person I went with. Assuming being in the same place is really enough to qualify as 'spending time together'. Well, technically it could, but on a very surface level, imo.

My face is better than a computer screen? Splendid.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:33 am

hey, hey. i think i was doing pretty good with conversation up until that point thank you very much. lol.

dunno, but about to find out. Okay Google.

He would take a moment to copy and paste the words into the search bar and then after a moment of searching and verifying, he would find himself pausing as he stared at the meaning for a moment. He was saying that he was cute? He would blink at that trying to process that. He guessed he should've expected such things considering they were dating and what not, but still, it was a bit of a shocker seeing that especially after observing the guys typical behavior. It took a moment for it to sink in and then another moment to recover from the jumble of confusion, bashfulness, and happiness that flooded him. It was an odd feeling. Bad? Not all. Just odd. When he recovered he would go back to typing.

well that is um...*rubs back of head and gives you a sheepish smile* you really think so?

Derp on recovery....Anyway.... >///>;;

heh. leave it to you to spread it beyond the pair being together. *amused.* but i can see your point and i suppose it can come off shallow depending on how you look at it.

yes. i think your face and physical presence is way better than the computer screen. =)
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:03 pm

You sure? : P

Noire waits

Honestly, he hardly ever used google for that stuff, and as far as he knew, the translation services there could be pretty horrible at times, but who knew. It shouldn't be too bad with such a short sentence, right?

Wow, I guess google didn't spit out something stupid this time around.
Well, maybe I do. You actually like being called that though...?

It kind of does imply that. I'm just going with what is being put up in the air.

Is that supposed to be a compliment?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:33 am

pfft. please of course i am sure. =D

and yeeeahhh. google didn't fuck this one up. anywho. maybe you do? was expecting more of a yes or no, but this is fine. i don't mind being called cute or any other word that isn't being tossed at us as an insult. it's kind of nice in a way to get the compliment. ...why? are you bothered by that sort of thing?

eh. maybe it does and maybe it doesn't i think it depends on how you look at it.

it was. did i fail to be charming enough for ya?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:41 am

Riiight.

I should speak something else than English more often. Sounds like fun.
The answer is maybe, because it's up to you whether you're willing to believe I mean it or not. I could say yes or no, but what proof is there that I wouldn't just be messing with you one way or another? I'm leaving the interpretation to you, for that's what matters the most in the end anyway, regardless of what I claim.
And no, not necessarily, although it does depend on context sometimes.

Well, I look at it my way.

I'll need some time to evaluate that. Never been compared with a computer in any way before.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:49 am

Heh. *amused*

Fun as in doing 'cause speaking other languages is fun. Or fun as in watching me fight with Google or some other horrible translator to try and figure out what mean? hehe. oho is that the case? well then, thank you. : )

That's cool.

*chuckles lightly* alright. you have fun with that one.

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:56 am

Both? If we're talking other languages though, you can feel glad I even speak English. Would have been pretty bad otherwise. Then again, I probably wouldn't be where I am now if I didn't.
...what are you thanking me for?

Eh, it's not really a fun subject to think about. Besides, if we talk me and computers, I just think about what would I look like if I was a robot.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:50 pm

lol.
and maybe. it would certainly be a challenge if i couldn't understand you due to a language barrier. not sure how that would work to be honest...though some probably do make it work if both parties are willing to spend that sort time in energy on the matter.
...for being sweet for two seconds due to compliment?

eheh. that could either be really nice or really creepy being a bot. guess it depends on how one looked at it.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:59 pm

That's some unusually high amount of optimism there. If two people couldn't understand one another, they probably wouldn't find much reason to start talking to each other in the first place. Translators won't carry you all the way, and why would one invest so much time into a person they can't even properly know due to being unable to communicate the right way. Even people who get along argue and disagree sometimes, having to settle their differences, and that's when they understand each others' speaking.
So I'm only sweet when I compliment you? What do you see me as otherwise then?

Probably a good 10x worse. I mean, people already like to complain I don't validate their feelings enough. A bot would likely be completely unable to comprehend things like that. Unless it was some magical robot, which isn't just made out of metal and wires.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 am

perhaps it is and perhaps it isn't. i would say the majority wouldn't, but i bet that there are some that would give it try anyway. who knows maybe they are either so in love or so attached that they find the trouble of learning a language worth it. it is not impossible.

well you are sweeter than usual when doing that. outside of that you are semi-sweet, but in a good way.

that sounds like a very bad time. the last thing anyone would want would be to have a you that nopes on feelings completely.

anywho as fun as all this is, i think we need to come back to the unfinished topic of actually doing something together, so like are we gonna meet up later today or...?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:21 am

And that happens how? Love at first sight? Because I assume people typically don't fall in love with each other or get so attached right off the bat. It takes time, or something needs to happen. If they don't understand each other, what are the chances of them choosing to stick together? I mean, were you to randomly meet some foreigner like that face to face for whatever reason, and couldn't even talk to them because it's not like translating is that easy unless you have the written form of words and internet right by your side, would you just swoon over them right then and there? Even if you did, you would probably have extreme troubles even trying to ask them out properly due to the communication issues. It sounds more like a plot-line for a fairy-tale to me, rather than a casual real life occurrence that actually works long-term.

Hmm...

That bad? Ah well.

Well, I said I was free enough to do so. I can't decide for you there.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:15 am

i dunno. it could be internet chatting with translator thingy involoved that turned into something more and they decided hey let's work it out. it seems fairy-talish, but i am in the boat that is not impossible. just not likely most of the time. *shrugs*

something wrong?

well. it would be more harder and distressing i would think if the thing was completely emotionless, but then again....i don't think i'd romance a bot. not unless it was just way to appealing for words.

*facepalm* yes you did say you were free, but that does not define a yes or no or a where for that matter. >> anywho, i take the answer as a yes...so now is where do you want to meet or what do you wish to do?

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:38 am

I feel like that would just be a pile of misunderstandings thanks to translators not being all that great.

Noire shakes head

No.

Poor thing would probably have no idea what you want anyway.

Sigh. He would pause there for a bit, taking a bit longer than usual to write out a response. The guy was kind of missing the point there, in all honesty, though he wasn't exactly sure how to deal with that.

If it was a no, would I really say that I have the time?

Regardless....uh, that's the point? Not that I don't like precise and planned schedules sometimes. They can be great. But I don't really want to feel like I'm signing up for some business event here either? Since that's hardly what this is.
Where's the surprise in a date when I know exactly where and what will I be doing ahead of time, as well as me deciding what said things are? That may work once we know what goes well for us, but I think it could be a little on the boring side early on.

You were the one to ask me out, right? How about you work on being able to impress me without first being 100% sure you will only do something I like? If this is to work well, I'm sure you shouldn't need to fit the mold to what I say all the time. Plus, this is not only about me anyway, and if something happens to not work out the best, we can always drop that for something else.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Bloodybones shrugs a bit.

maybe, but hey i am still in the boat that there is a slim chance of it working.

hmm. i am not sure if I feel more sorry for the bot or myself. that is just sad all around….i am glad you are not a bot lol....

Well that conversation went and then came a pause. A pause that made the demon wonder if he had said something wrong with the rest of his words or if maybe Sharaku was distracted on the other end. Either way in the time frame the other paused, Rika would drift to the window and after looking out at the clouds for a bit, he decide to close the window as the familiar bloop! called lightly from his web book. Drifting back he would take a moment to respond as he gathered what was there and debated about the best way to answer that aka: fight with himself.

He would scratch his head with a light frown as his overthinking side went into a bit of panic mode due to order being destroyed by vagueness and then Negative 2.0 jumping into the bandwagon trying to make him feel guilty for typing what he had. It was amazing really….how this fusion deal really made him into something different. Panicking just because he had spoke his mind and was then asked to do something more box? The fear of failing or messing up? In the past he was never like this. He just did whatever and rolled with the punches...so this messed up side of him must’ve came from the human he fused with….unless this was something always there he never knew about. He highly doubted it though. Still it was kind of amusing and sad seeing it all and in the end he ended up chuckling lightly at himself as his logic kicked in and pushed down the panic monster. It looked like it was going to be a tough road for him and he had a lot of things to pick up; however, he wasn’t about to let it bring him down as he re-read the message and then began to type once more.

i guess not.

anyway, i’ll take in all you said here and memorize it. it’s is a good thing to hear and yeah. i can work on breaking some of these...peculiar habits and such that have cropped up since getting back to myself more or less.

hmmmm? let me see. well...then how about we meet at the school around 1:00 and I’ll pick you up from there. after that, we can go wherever the wind blows. Works?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I think we're getting far away from the original point anyway, so whatever.

Well, what is even the chance that one would fall in love with a robot anyway...?

Hmm....

I have no idea what you're suddenly on about, since I only really spoke about what probably works better for this particular situation...but if we talk advice on habits, I say you need to stop trying too hard to get some things done just right. As I said, I don't want you to always try to dance exactly the way I say you should. I just want you to do things based on your own judgment, instead of checking in on what I find perfect first of all unless it's something I really ought to agree on before we do it.

If he wanted someone who would always try to do exactly what he wanted to and such, instead of taking the matter into their own hands sometimes, he could just get himself a loyal dog or so, no?

Yes, can do. (Although to be sure here, I don't exactly mean that you should abandon all plans literally and yolo. Because us meeting and then being 'now what?', wouldn't be the smartest either. I just don't want to have to be the one calling what will we do and where, considering you're the one taking me out. So the call is on you.)
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 pm

mmm.

we think...it would depend on what sort of bot or person you are dealing with. if you can make a bot human enough it could happen or if a person loves their machine enough to see past the fact it is just metal. yeah...i can see ways of one falling in love with a bot.

People fell in love with things all the time, so...why not a bot? It wasn’t impossible that was for sure.

heh….maybe i am just thinking out loud too much and rambling at this point...anyway, i hear ya and will work on it. that is all i can do and just hope for the best.

Heh. He honestly wondered how he was coming off to the guy. He started off pretty confident, but now that this was actually a thing he was all over the place. He wonder if the guy would regret saying yes….or if he could actually handle him as he was? Nope. Nope. Don’t think about it. Just go with the flow. Right… flow….

hey don’t pressure us XP.  but seriously don’t worry too much, it’ll be alright in the end. just trust me. =)
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Maybe. But I don't see much good coming from such a sentiment in the end. Even if it went along with you, there are many things a machine just cannot provide to a normal person. Pure love alone isn't always enough...

I wouldn't know what you are doing without having any context to it, so I guess that is that.

Well, a lasting impression is hard to make over text alone, so frankly, he was taking this with a grain of salt from the beginning. At least for now, that is, since he could just confirm the reality when they met face to face after all. And he couldn't really say anything right now, since he himself didn't always come off the same way both in text and when actually facing the person. Text is always easier to make seem chill, isn't it? One could be super nervous and jittery, but the other person wouldn't see that...and as long as one takes the measure to write their text in a way that makes them seem calm, the person would never really know...

I only trust myself If you say so : P Though, I'm not worried just yet. Too early for that, so I'm more or less just saying.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 pm

that is true on one end, but on the other love comes in many shades and what someone needs to fulfill their desires come in even more shades. who knows maybe that machine or bot is all the one who loves it needs. never can tell.

eh. i don't think it would help with context either. it makes little sense either way. anywho...i dun think its something to bog you down with. i'll just keep my fingers and tongue in better check.

It was all he could do. Besides from what he heard the guy say earlier when dealing with the blonde before him, Sharaku didn't want to deal with the broken sort anyway, so he supposed the best way to deal with this was to seek some form of therapy on his own and just prayed it worked. Though in the end, he'd be upfront about his issues with the other. Kind of needed to since he was serious about other...and one couldn't be serious unless one was open on such matters. Now when he would share he wasn't sure. He just didn't feel it needed to be expressed right now, so for the time being he placed it on pause in his twirling brain and just tried to be less of a broken person when typing.

pfft. whatever you say lol.
And alright then. i suppose i'll see you at the school in a few then?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:05 am

Well, I have a really hard time imagining that. A bot wouldn't even age. Just thinking about myself when I am 50+ with someone who still looks 20 alone makes me want to toss the idea into the bin right away. On top of other issues being with a machine brings, that is just kind of bad.

Maybe, maybe not. Although pretending something isn't there probably doesn't help when trying to get closer to someone.

In a way, it was true that he wasn't super fond of that kind of stuff. However, that wasn't the ultimate truth. What he truly disliked was people tossing it around in all the wrong ways, and aggravating him more than anything else. If done in a more tactful manner, he didn't mind as much. Plus, it also depended on how much reason he had to care about said person's state of being, which would of course vary with each and every person he dealt with.

I say a lot of things, yes.
Sure.
Are you getting off now?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:25 am

it doesn't work for you, but for someone else that might be just what they want and maybe even those issues you have with a bot might be the thing they cherish the most. tho personally, i prefer the living over metal and wires. so i too would nope the robot route for more of the latter reasons rather than the looks so much.

He would wince a bit uncomfortable with the next thing, but...

yeah....i know, but perhaps this is better dealt with face-to-face than over text. i mean i could type all day, but i dun think it would have the same effect since....this conversation is probably needed to contend with a potential hurdle here and there.

He wasn't trying to run from the problem, but rather trying to find effective ways to fix it without bogging others down. A therapist was trained to handle the matter, but he wondered if he wouldn't break the guy or this happiness he currently had with him if he did this. Even so...he had to have that conversation...especially if he wanted to get closer to the other. He had to be willing to be vunerable and trust the other a bit with himself right? Probably the sooner he did this the better. He honestly wasn't sure there, but ignoring or pretending what was going on with him wasn't there was definitely a no go. He wasn't about to do that. At the same time, he realized he couldn't be a burden, he needed to be someone the other could lean onto if need be or open up too, so...had to balance this right if they did end up talking more about it later down the road.

heh. don't we all? =)
awesome!
and yeah think i will. got get ready and such. you?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:36 am

Well, that is a problem too, yes. Among many others.

Though, I am not sure why would someone want that. People can be a pain, and many would look at you rather negatively if it looked like you're with someone far too young for you. Past a certain line, it can come off pretty badly, unless you would go around telling everyone you're with a robot.

Face to face it is then. I can work with that. I think.

Well, he found it a little easier to give answers without accidentally saying something that wasn't nice on second thought through text, but guess that wasn't always possible to pull off properly either. For different reasons. He could try face to face conversation if the other really wanted it though, as much as he couldn't guarantee just how well would it pan out when he had to come up with responses to such on spot.

Noire glances at clock

I still have time. I can do things and get ready while still being able to keep an eye on this anyway, so I will keep it open in background anyway if you wanted something.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:21 pm

mhmm. i'd say it could messy with a bot for various reasons outside of looks, but hey can't control what some people fancy. some find themselves more compatible with stuff like that. i prefer, the living.

we hope.

Hoped alot considering that such a topic could get ugly if handled wrong. Even so...he kind of needed to be face-to-face with the other and be able to explain himself or his issues if they were going to move forward....and it wasn't like he could hide behind a computer screen forever anyway. Not when it came to matters like this he couldn't. No....the other would need to know about the issue and in turn deal with it in some fashion. Trading words across the screens was nice, but in the end could do only so much in resolving the action. So as nerve wrecking as it was....he wouldn't back pedal from this. No he would just move forward and deal with whatever was to come of that event.

mmm. you can do that if ya want. though i am just gonna say: see ya for now since i am gonna be afk for a bit anyway. so the next time we talk it should be face-to-face, k?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum