The Testing Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Meh FEH DEH
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm by Rika

» Log of Time Skip From Home (blood drinking)
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm by Rika

» why do I need a title
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm by Sharaku

» Compedium, SL/Thread Tracker/ Plug book For Tequila
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am by Rika

» Talents (WIP)
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm by Rika

» The Differences in Half Breeds
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm by Rika

» Pain Points
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm by Rika

» Data Dump: The Beast
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 am by Rika

» Wandering About
Play Night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am by Rika

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Play Night

2 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Play Night - Page 4 Empty Re: Play Night

Post by Rika Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 pm

The demon would hear the explanation given watching the other with a quiet expression. He wasn’t mad, but rather a bit sad. Not for himself, but for the other. He couldn’t imagine being so out of the box that something such as being in a relationship was hell. Sure there were bad relationships, but was something different. When he asked a question the demon was quiet for a moment and then pushing off the wall, he would wander back to his seat and sit. He would remain quiet for a bit as he looked off to the side thinking before speaking again.

“I...can’t determine if the mental torture is good or not. In the end time and yourself determines that. What I do know is that the situation as a whole is a challenge considering we are polar opposites in this realm. Like I hear what you are saying and all, but I am not quite sure if I am processing it right or not. I can see where some might jump the gun and lash out at you for being different, but at the same time I want to at least try to understand your way before throwing my hands up and calling the way you care as not enough. Maybe you can’t fulfill everything I want, but if we were stepping forward together, then wouldn’t it be best if it was more of a balancing act to make it go smoother for both of us?” He would pause and look up at the other his head truly whirling at this one as he scratched his head behind his left ear. “As for how far I am willing to go, well I think I could go pretty far if we were truly working together. I’d be willing to take the blows until I got it right….It may make me seem desperate or foolishly determined, but in the end I honestly care enough to go through a bit of hell if we can find peace again.” He could accept differences as long as it didn’t destroy him and the other….
Rika
Rika
Admin

https://playgroun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:12 pm

And that there was the thing. Why did people assume that being in a relationship was the standard, and that it was sad if you weren’t? The whole thing was a man-made concept anyway. Besides, was it that hard to comprehend? If you have no passion/interest towards art, you won’t go and pick up drawing as a hobby, right? Well, same thing could be said for relationships too. It wasn’t something you needed to live. And he was honestly actually pretty cool with being single. He never understood the hype of dating at all. If it wasn’t the mainstream thing everyone talked about since they hit their teen years…or maybe even earlier, he probably wouldn’t even have given it a thought to begin with. But being as it is, the whole soulmate and whatever blah blah gets forced down your throat from every direction, whether it be people, or any kind of media or even other places. Anyone would be at least curious about it…and possibly think it’s really the ideal future to aim towards…but is it really for everyone? One had to wonder at times…

‘’….what is a balancing act supposed to entail?’’ It’s not like compromising who he was in some way would really work well in the long term. He was tired of doing that. All that extra work and effort…and it didn’t even really make him feel good. Plus…there was something about it…about having to bend during matters and stare this type of difference down all the time…that just ends up making you feel like you’re not normal compared to everyone else. He didn’t understand, and it was straight up migraine inducing in most cases.

And speaking of not understanding… ‘’I can’t even really say. I don’t think I ever understood why are people so willing to get hurt and torn to shreds just for the idea of a relationship. Maybe I just lack the drive or something…but I personally don’t see anything wrong about staying single. Hell, I think I wouldn’t really mind it at all. I see people depress themselves over their love lives all the time…but I just don’t understand what is it that makes all that pain worth it….’’ He was honestly just lost when it came to this. Which was probably evident enough from his tone. He wasn’t trying to diss or anything…but he just frankly didn’t get it…
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:46 pm

While Society as a whole may think something is wrong with a single person not being interested in a relationship, Rika’s sadness was not even geared towards the relationship portion, but rather Sharaku’s frustration at the failed attempts. It made him feel down right guilty and uncomfortable for even asking what he did and he wondered if maybe it was best to keep his mouth shut; however, it was too late now, the can of worms was open and it didn’t look like it would get much easier as it progressed.When the other asked about the a balancing act, the demon would shake is head slightly.

“I suppose understanding and openness to what is. And through that just finding a way to live with each other where no one is really compromising who they are just to be the happy pair.” It was something that came out of a lot of struggle probably, but in the end the bumps taught one what did and didn’t work and helped one adapted...or something like that. There might’ve been less painful ways too, but right now the demon couldn’t think of any. Well wherever that went, it seems things would slide right back into uncomfortable terrority for the demon. On one hand he could’ve taken offense, gone off a handle and preach to the other about how wrong he was there; however, the demon didn’t do that as he rested an elbow on the table and rested his head in his hand as his gaze went towards the window as he spoke.

“Some people like the company or that feeling of being close to someone. It is just what makes them happy and in turn they take the pain because, the good outweighs the bad in some cases. However, not all relationships are rainbows and I’ve known some to fall apart pretty badly. Been in that position myself to be honest. It hurts and can depress, but I can say that of being single too, especially if one isn’t good with loneliness. Being alone can hurt just as bad.” There were goods and bads to both honestly and how good or bad something was dependent upon the person and how they were wired. Anyway...the demon would blink as his eyes drifted back to the other, his demeanor calm enough as he blinked slowly at the other.

“I suppose being single seems the right path for some and while I agree it does bring with it some freedoms, I know for me at least, I prefer to risk falling in love and getting hurt versus being alone and never trying. I dunno. Maybe I am not as cool with being alone all the time…” Though he’s been that way for a while now and had managed...Still he wouldn’t want to stay single forever...and maybe that was the problem here in the end. On that note, the demon would tilt his head a bit at the other as a curious expression crossed his face. “Though if you don’t actively seek relationships and like prefer being single, then do you not want to be in one at all? And if so then...what did you mean by you had interest in me?” Interest translated to him that their was a potential of some form of relationship desired no matter what form it may be, but if that wasn’t what the other meant than he rather be clear now than assume and get himself hung later.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 pm

‘’Is that really possible if we are polar opposites, as you yourself said? If no one compromises at all, wouldn’t both of us just miss the mark all the time?’’ If they both wanted something different out of it all, how well could they coexist without anyone having to compromise? It sounded like a way where someone just had to fall short, if not both of the pair each in their own way. Well, unless he was understanding it wrong that is.

He would shake his head. ‘’I never had a problem with being alone. And besides, there’s always an option to spend time with a friend if you’re really feeling lonely. I guess I just don’t understand why is everyone so hung up on the necessity of finding the love of their life and the like.’’ Was it really that important? He wasn’t even much of a people person, and he would say he’d honestly be happy enough if he could just have a really good friend that he could talk to about things. The lack of that one special person didn’t particularly bother him. ‘’….I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’ve never been in love or anything like it. It’s not like I even can understand what is it that makes people chase after this stuff so much….’’, he would sigh faintly. He could try to wrap his head around this all he wanted to, but in the end…could he actually understand something he did not know at all?

In any case, he would scratch at his cheek in thought when the ‘big’ question came. Yeah, that. How to answer this…’’I…frankly don’t know. I guess I kind of entertain the idea of having someone close I could depend on and all…but at the same time, I’m starting to think that typical relationships just aren’t for me. I can’t say for sure…this is a headache even for me….’’ And quite a complicated one. ‘’As for you….well, I mean…I do like you? More than any other people I know at least. And I guess familiarity plays a role in it too….’’, he would trail off, just kind of slapping his hand against his forehead. ‘’Fuck. I don’t know anymore. I think I’m starting to confuse myself too.’’
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:10 pm

“You know. I am not sure. I mean I don’t think it impossible, but more than likely not the best of options considering that would lead to constant clashes,” the demon would frown. “So I guess I would with minimum compromise is the best way to word it.” Was that the best way to word it? To make something work one had to meet halfway in some fashion yes? The demon had no idea anymore at this point and it would seem clarity in the mess would not get any better as the conversation went on.

The demon would hum. “Well I can’t say why that is either, but then again until you mentioned it I never thought about just having a really good friend, I could just be open with. Though I guess the issue on my end would be if a physical desire came up….I am not too sure if I could do that at just friend level….” Well maybe if he was like extremely close said person, but was that really just a friend at that point? Hmm….speaking of friends and not friends, this love thing….

“Hmmm...Well, I am not sure how to make that less confusing cause to be honest, having been there at one point I sometimes wonder why many even chase it too. I’ve pondered it and only found that it is to feel that desire of being needed and wanted by another...at least for me at times.” Not like that was going to help matters. If anything, it probably made whatever this was even more worse.

As for the next part, it just made the demon go from watching the other to literally lowering his head to bang it on the table gently with his eyes closed. Ay-ya….so much thinking and no clarity. Anyway….

The demon would look up at the other with narrowed eyes not because he was mad, but rather because he was focusing on him. “So….it’s not that you are exactly against the matter of a relationship, you’re just not sure how to go about one to make it work?” he would asked with a raised eyebrow, but then that eyebrow would be followed by the other as he watched the other. “That makes it none the easier as far as defining what I am to you. I could be friend. I could be something more...Hrmm…” Was he mad or frustrated at this? Not really, but perplexed he was. Now how did one make clarity come about when words were making one fall into a web of insanity? Hmmm...the demon was staring at the table absentmindedly playing with his cross shaped pendant on his choker when the thought hit him.

“Maybe….we can google this stuff or something to bring clarity to the matter?” he would offer as he tilted his head at the other. Could the computer save them? Or would it drive them further down the rabbit hole of confusion?

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 pm

‘’Well, I wouldn’t know. It was your idea.’’ It wasn’t like he could go defining it for the guy without knowing what was going through the other’s head when he proposed this all in the first place. Maybe there just wasn’t an entirely win-win solution to this though.

He would snort. ‘’Welcome to my world I guess. That’s what I’d say about needing a soulmate of sorts. Never really think about it until someone bugs me over it. That said… sex is sex? I could probably see myself doing it with someone who is more of just a friend. Then again, I frankly don’t care much either. Don’t really need to have that.’’ While it could potentially be a nice experience if it did happen, he was mostly indifferent about it otherwise. Not happening? Okay. No real problem. He hasn’t done it yet, and he was in no rush to get that achievement on his list, to be honest. It was just there as a possibility.

That aside, he would just shrug vaguely. ‘’I desire being alone more often than the opposite. And if I do want company, a lover or such is not what comes to my mind automatically.’’ There were moments where he did want company of sorts, yes, but it would be a lie to say he desired a boyfriend/girlfriend specifically. It didn’t strike him as the immediate go to option, even though he was aware that it existed as a possibility.

Nhhh, why did this have to be so complicated though? He would frown. ‘’…..maybe? I kind of feel indifferent about it most of the time. But I don’t have the best experiences either, so who knows.’’ No, he had no idea how to make one actually work, and technically he wasn’t against one entirely just yet. Albeit, he was at least questioning how valid the option really was for him at this point. Blink. ‘’You are you. How about we stick to that.’’ That wouldn’t answer anything, but hey? And speaking of answers…’’Errr, I guess? Though I’m not sure how does one google something like this.’’ You kind of needed a proper keyword to search for….
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:44 pm

The demon would bury his face in his hands a bit as he let out a snort and shook his head. “I wasn’t asking you to know. I was just trying to explain it in more sensible terms, but still I feel I am making a mess of it,” the demon would say before letting his hands drop to the table. “Balance is where both parties get along with minimum compromise. Like they know each other well enough to trust just being themselves around each other.” There was really no other way to explain that since the concept worked better in practice versus words.

That one aside, the demon would frown a bit in thought at the next set. “Hmm….That makes it harder to say for sure what is what then. People say the words so much you don’t realize they may be something similar. And well yes sex is sex and while I don’t necessarily need it to live and don’t mind it when it doesn’t happen, occassionally the feeling happens so there is that and well I suppose if said friend and I were beyond just regular friends and deeply involved with each other then perhaps I could do it.” Yes if they were super close, he might consider it or even do it if the chance presented itself….maybe in some areas he and the other weren’t so different after all, but still those small similiarities did nothing to make the bigger mess less confusing.

That aside, the demon would nod a bit at the other. “I typically don’t think in labels unless trying to discuss it like now. And when seeking company I typically go for the one that gives me the most pleasure or peace of being around.” More often than not he’d go to his close friend and maybe one other that was a different sort friend to that filled a different sort of need. “As for being alone, it depends on my mood. Some days I am okay with the aloneness and on other days I need to go outside and be around people.” It was an odd system he had there, but it was what it was. At least that made sense, the rest of this?

Please. He felt like he was going down a drain that lead into deep madness as life’s most confusing topic remained firmly on the table to be picked at.

As for the answer he recieved about relationship and even what he was to the other, well they most certainly didn’t help the matter too much. Like he still wasn’t too sure if the other wanted a relationship or not. He got that maybe he was leery of the matter, but that did not confirm or deny if a relationship of some sort was desired from the other. Just as the answer regarding what he was to the other, did not confirm or deny anything. It just left a bit more confused than befroe...though a bit appreciative since the other did get a gentle smile with the “you are you” comment.

“Well, I suppose I’ll take it,” the demon said in easy tones before blinking at the next issue. “I am not too sure either, but I suppose if we ask it questions or something then maybe we might actually find something pertaining to our situation.” It was worth a try right? In any case, the demon would get out of his chair, so he could carry it over to the other’s side and then getting the laptop he’d drag it over so they could both see. It put him in the guy’s personal space a bit, something the demon didn’t seem to make note of as he narrowed his eyes at the screen and brought up google...
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:24 am

Well, whatever you say, right? For now, he would just raise an eyebrow at the guy, choosing to say nothing. He wasn’t sure whether he believed that, since trust didn’t solve difference gaps by itself, but this wasn’t something he felt like making an argument out of.

At any rate he would shrug slightly. ‘’I wouldn’t even worry about it ahead. I guess I just don’t see sex as important enough. It is only one of the ways of how to deal with things anyway.’’ You didn’t even really need another person most of the time, and trying to cooperate with someone was messy either way. It was something he didn’t particularly wonder about much unless it was asked of him, in which case he might go along, even if out of curiosity. It doesn’t kill, right?

‘’Well, to each their own.’’ He honestly had no more to say to that. And it wasn’t as if there was a point in him basically repeating himself in some way. So unless the other wanted to go and elaborate further on what had been said somehow, he’d just leave the topic be for now. They had a more complicated one to deal with on the way apparently anyhow.

He would snort. ‘’Is that so? Well, let’s see what you’ve got then.’’ Because he had no idea how to even word a good sounding question at the moment. What could one ask that would get the right kind of answer in this situation? Plus, google was good at fucking up if you entered too many words at once, so there was that too. Nevertheless, he would let the other do whatever he wanted to for now, as he simply watched from his seat.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 am

The demon would only grin sheepishly as he saw the other raise his eyebrow at him. He wondered for two seconds if there was going to be an argument at hand, but there wasn't much to his relief...cause honestly he didn't think that would be good considering the topics at hand.

"I see." Was all he said in regards to the sex topic and left the topic alone. As for the other one that came up right after, he wasn't one to ramble for no reason, so the other would get a quiet nod before the demon made his move to bring the computer over.

As he heard the snort, he would look up at the other with a light frown as he shook his head. "Well, it is a shot in dark, but I am not seeing any clarity coming from the way we explain things so...." The demon would trail off as he focused on the computer screen. Hmm..What to ask indeed. Well then...

He would start with: What is the opposite of being a romantic? And hit enter, his eye narrowing of at the search results as tried to find something that answered the question without being applied to literature or something else not related to their current issue.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:33 am

‘’Am I that hard to understand?’’, he would ask, half seriously, half jokingly at that point. He wasn’t sure what to think of this anymore. What type of clarity was the other looking for anyway? Hmm, well no idea in all honesty. Though if internet searching could actually help somehow, then he’d be fine with that. Nothing better than not having to get tongue tied trying to explain an intangible concept such as this.

Nevertheless, he would just watch what the demon was doing for the time being, as only one person could be in charge of the computer at a time.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

The demon would squint at the screen for a bit trying to find an article of some relevance, but finding nothing tried something else to find answers. As he was searching for information, he would glance up at the other.

"Well, you speak clearly enough, but I have no idea how to like work what we have here without further information. Like we suppose we could continue to ask you questions, but if you are confusing yourself will it help?"
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Hm. He would shrug vaguely. ''I don't know. But you can try to ask questions if you want. Some things just aren't easy to explain.'' And even less so when you're not completely sure what is it you're trying to define there in the first place. At a certain point it can start to feel like you're running in a circle without reaching any sort of meaningful conclusion to it all.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:15 pm

The demon would pause in his search and look over at the other. Ask questions? He would blink a bit at that one. "And how do you advise starting one?" Honestly it was hard to define, but his brain wasn't coming up with good starters for a question that didn't seem utterly dumb or off topic.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Eh? He would kind of give the guy a blank stare there for a moment. ''...How am I supposed to know what would you want to ask? I can't go asking and answering myself. Besides, you were the one who suggested it in the first place. I was just saying that you can if you want to. You don't really have to.'' He'd live either way? He was more or less just saying it was okay if the demon did want to continue asking to try to get more clarity on the matter. That was all.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 pm

The demon’s ears would fold down as he gave the other a derp face as his lips slipped into a frown. “Well yes it was my idea and I wasn’t asking you to ask questions about yourself. More like demonstrate by asking me one or something.” He honestly didn’t know where to go with this. Maybe he was thinking too hard or something. In any case, the demon would look away as he pushed the computer slightly away so he could have room to rest his head on his arms as he let out a hum of thought. His tail was flicking, but he made sure to keep it from whacking the other. “I honestly don’t even know where to expand upon this and in turn don’t really know what to ask,” the demon would say closing his eyes a bit. “...Like what are you exactly sexual and romance wise?” He would ask looking up at the other. He swear if this was all he had to ask in the first place for clarity, he was really going to consider tossing himself off the roof for stupidity.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:49 pm

''...I think that wouldn't solve the fact that the questions should be something you want to ask, not what I decide to suggest.'' He couldn't see into the guy's head and what exactly was it that the other needed to find more clarity on in all this. How could he really give a demonstration when it wasn't like he was the one who needed to pick what to ask about? In any case, he would raise an eyebrow. ''Not searching anymore?'' Well, that didn't seem to have lasted for very long. Nevertheless, he would sigh faintly at the following words, shaking his head a bit. ''I'm....not sure. I used to say I'm bi, but I think that's mostly because I couldn't decide what I liked in the first place. So I just went with both.'' It was the easiest solution? And he didn't even have any experience to back anything up with before, so it didn't make choosing any simpler. ''What are the options anyway?''
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 pm

"...No that is not what I meant. Like you know ask me a question on something you wanted clarified about me." At least hearing what sort of question the other had might've spark more tailored questions from the demon that might've helped narrowed down some things on both ends...well maybe. Anyway....The demon would look at the other with a narrowed gaze for a bit not exactly amused by the poke, but not mad either as he shook his head a bit. "I could keep poking at it though I have a feeling we'll be here a lot longer without more to tailor down what it is I am looking information up on to begin with." Had he given up with the computer search? No, but he needed more data to get anywhere. Speaking of getting places...

The demon's ears which had been folded downward in mild distress from all the thinking, would perk back up a bit at the answer he was given.

"Well that is rather broad and hard to answer because there are many choices. Hmmm...." The demon would pause as he sat up and drew the computer to him, this time putting a different sort of question that pulled up a LGBGT site and from there he found a page that gave a run down of sexual types and romantic types. With the page pulled up, he would move it over to the others. "I am not sure how helpful that is, but at least it gives a start to perhaps help find what we are looking for." It might be easier to use the computer to help with this because...this was probably about to get even more complicated than before.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

He would scratch his cheek slightly at that. ‘’To be honest, I feel like I understand your point enough to not need any questions right now.’’ He couldn’t think of anything he needed to know just yet. Or at least, nothing that has come up so far piqued his curiosity in that manner. ‘’I don’t know…’’ Well, he kind of thought the other had an idea as to what he wanted to search for when this whole idea came up.

In any case, he would frown slightly, watching what the other was doing from the corner of his eyes. Eventually, he would just blink. ‘’Am I supposed to read this and try to pick, or are you going to do that and guess? I think only one person can manhandle the computer at once.’’ It would get chaotic if they both tried to read and all, since they probably had different paces and all that. It was either or with their current arrangements.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

"Well that makes me feel a lot better cause for a moment there I thought I was failing pretty badly only the explaining part," the demon would say with a slight smile. Seriously trying to explain normal things was tough at times, so how on earth was he to think he had made something clear in a matter much more complex?

That aside the demon would raise an eyebrow at the other's short response back; however, he didn't try and push it forward cause honestly there was no need to. Like he knew what he wanted clarity on, but at the same time the damn thing he was searching for was so broad to begin with that more poking was probably best. If left as it was.....they'd never find an answer that would be satifying or more or less on point.

Anyway, the computer would take a break for a bit until the demon decided it would help better with answering the question posed by the other....so he thought....

Rika would blink at the other. "Yes. You are suppose to read and pick one. I am not going to try and read over your shoulder or anything like...and to be honest, I've analyzed that one quite bit already, so have at it." He more or less where he stood on this end, so he was trying to help the other a bit so that they could perhaps talk about it easier...or was he just making this harder than need be?
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:44 am

‘’Why so?’’ He hadn’t had a problem with understanding the other. Well, yes, he had a different opinion on some of the matters, and didn’t necessarily wrap his head well around some of the stuff due to how he was, but he did understand the point at the very least. At least he thought he did, unless the other really was explaining it to him in a bad way or something.

Anyhow…he would frown at the screen slightly, trying to read through all this as he responded to what the other said meanwhile. ‘’Only one?’’, he would huff. ‘’On that note, since you’ve apparently been reading this, did you pick something yourself?’’
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:09 am

"I am not the best person for explanations. I have the tendency to use too many words and ramble. Sometimes even repeat or seemingly go in circles. Like up here," he would tap the side of his head. " I know what I want to say and all, but when I try to get it out it seems all over the place and a mess..." Hmm. Maybe it was just him, but a lot of time it seemed as if what he was saying amounted afafafmag or some garble like that. It was weird, but perhaps not bad if the other could understand him?

Well that aside...The demon would hum at the question and shake his head. "You choose the ones that best describe you. I am not sure if there is an exact number because some can fall into multiple places...so yeah..." Complicated was complicated, but that is what happened when trying to define this stuff. As for that other question...The demon would blink a few times as he watched the other with a thoughtful expression and then looking away he would lean back in his chair a bit as his eyes drifted to the cieling. He was quiet for a moment as his hand drifted to the cross on his collar, his fingers playing with it absentmindedly as he spoke.

"I am a bit in the gray area on both ends since i can identify with at least two one each side. On the romance side, I am pan in the way that I am blind to gender, race, color, etc. I just see people and in turn can fall in love with anyone. However, I am also demi in the area in the fact that I general don't start thinking about being romantic with someone unless I have forged a strong bond with them. The same can almost be said on the sexual side too. Demi due to the strong bond requirement, but at the same time asexual in the fact that I am pretty neutral towards it. If it happens great, if not that is fine too. it is not a requirement for us," he would begin and then looking over at the other, he give him a small smile. "So I guess demi that identifies with panromantic and asexual in some ways. Like I said...a pretty gray area. Not sure how best to label it so I just don't?" Was there even a label for it.
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 am

He would shrug. ‘’I focus on the point of what is being said, not on each and every word of it. Unless I need to for some reason.’’ It wasn’t a huge issue unless you were actually spewing some bullshit there, or contradicting yourself left and right. He had no problem understanding the concept as long as the person did say something relevant enough somewhere in their speech.

‘’….not too many I think. Most of these seem to rule each other out.’’ In most cases it seemed like you could be either one or the other, at least based on these descriptions he was reading at the moment. Outside of maybe the demi label, or the gray ones which could be paired with a gender preference…everything was a ‘pick one and stick to it’ kind. Although….Hm.

In any case, he would listen to the lengthy answer from the other, pulling a light frown as he leaned against the back of the chair, staring up at the ceiling in thought. ‘’I’m not sure you can be both demi and asexual? The first implies you can experience the attraction under certain circumstances, while the other defines as a complete lack of it. That kind of contradicts. Are you sure you aren’t missing something?’’ Well, you sure couldn’t be both at the same time at least? Meh. Regardless, he would sigh. ‘’Speaking of which…can I just be a plant or something?’’ Maybe he could just learn photosynthesis instead of all this mumbo-jumbo stuff here….flowers don't do romance or sex, right?
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm

"Ah. Okay." And that was pretty much that. He didn't have anything else to add onto that. It was pleasing to know despite how he sounded to himself at least this guy and others seemed to understand he guessed. It was really hard to say sometimes with the looks he got.

"It is typically a pair more so than anything. Like one for romantic and the other for sexual unless you are in a grey area like myself." Despite how it seemed, the matters here weren't as straightforward as one may think upon looking at it. The description he had given the other was honestly just the start...it got way deeper than if you wanted to start getting technical about it. Speaking of that....

The demon would look over at the other as he asked his question. Giving the other a slow blink the demon would reply after a moment of thought. "I said I can relate to asexual in some ways because some days I am actually that and then others I am not. I fluctuate between being asexual and then not falling into a gray area of sorts. Still despite it because the requirement for me to even be attracted that way to another is a strong connection. Not even sure if there is a correct term for that or not." Yeah...it got very confusing trying to label things when it went deep like this. Still he was trying so that was something. As for that other comment, the demon would raise his eyebrows at the other as he gave him a small smirk.

"If you think being a plant is going to solve the issue at hand then go right ahead,"
the remark had a sarcastic undertone to it, but at the same time not designed to harm. The demon could play a bit, but seriously...if the other thought to escape this by changing the matter well he might be wrong. While the demon didn't think they could solve everything now, this was something they needed to speak about if they were going to seriously move forward together with this or what have you.

As for flowers and sex...well that depended on what one saw as sex. After all pollination was a thing no?

Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:58 pm

‘’…some of these combinations look unpleasant.’’ Like for example being heteroromantic and homosexual. How does one even work with that? Date one gender and have sex with the other? That’s be a chaos which the partners in question probably wouldn’t even agree to. Some of these were just really awkward.

Anyway, eh? He would shrug. ‘’Pretty sure there’s a term for everything these days if you look hard enough. Probably just less common? Frankly, I don’t think I’ve even heard of demisexuality before now. It’s just not spoken about normally, apparently.’’ No one went and taught you about these. At best, you were aware of the differences between straight and gay…and likely bi. A lucky soul here and there may have heard of pan already. Anything else though? Usually kept silent about unless you happen to have a friend who comes out to you as such or the like.

At any rate…at the remark, he would just facepalm. ‘’Dude no. That was supposed to be an analogy. Because if my assumptions are correct, I might as well be a plant. Or maybe a rock. I think both would easily fall into negatives in both categories there.’’ He was honestly just making a correlation of sorts there. He wasn’t trying to avoid the matter or even solve anything by trying to turn into a plant. Albeit maybe that would be an…er, interesting experience to have under the belt? And as for flowers and sex…well, uh there was no full on contact in the first place, nor was a flower capable of having attraction/pleasurable feelings out of the whole ‘reproduction’ process. Pretty sure that if human terminology were to apply to it, then it would have to classify as asexual.
Sharaku
Sharaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:29 pm

"Hmmm? How so?" The demon would ask more curious what the other saw that was unpleasant with what he saw. He mentioned combinations so was he putting different ones at random together or...? Hmm well that aside, the demon would scratch at his ear a bit as he heard the next comment.

"Maybe...I just haven't dug deep enough to find it. And these labels aren't typically tossed out and I honestly wouldn't have found them if I hadn't gone through therapy to get my shit together." The typical labels were alright, but they didn't describe him accurately at all. At least with his doctor and just sheer determination at figuring it all out, he managed to find something that more or less matched what he was and in turn helped him explain himself a bit better. Besides it was kind of nice knowing he wasn't the odd ball out when it came to this anyway. Guess he wasn't as weird as the world made him out to be.

Anywho...

The demon would blink at the facepalm and tilt his head a bit as the other responded back to his comment. A frown of confusion would cross his face at that one. "Neh? What do you mean?" He honestly wasn't following because he didn't see how comparing oneself to a plant or rock had anything to do with this at all...at least not without further explanation.

As for actually being a plant or rock went...that would definitely put a new perspective on life that was for sure....
Rika
Rika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum